I've given up on TBC servers

I've given up on TBC servers.

Any WotLK servers that aren't blatantly p2w?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/6ottqa/felmystgummy_shutdown_megathread/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just why

Tom cruise was a really handsome man when he was young

He still is, no homo

I'm having fun on Ascension, vanilla to WotLK and it came out not too long ago, no class restriction so you could make an undead cat with imps and a flame totem if you wanted.

2 servers, a normal Horde vs Alliance and a free for all where anyone can kill you and take your gear outside of cities and starting zones. a 3rd in testing that adds in an eating mechanic.
sorry for shilling

Don't like how everyone has stealth and the torrent for the client linked on the site has no seed.

nothing else that can run on my integrated graphics brings me as much fun

Warman.

Warmane*

dalaran-wow

I checked it out and it was suss as fuck, imitating the layout of battlenet and asking for your first and last names.

The names of course can be made up, but some poor idiots would put their real names in, and I thought it was rather suspicious of the site.

Are the GMs not scummy as the site suggests?

dalaran's alright

I've never had any contact with the GMs, though theres rarely any bugs so it's not like I've had to contact them to come fix something

Just don't fucking roll alliance

Eh guess Dalaran it is, thanks.

Wait why, I never played alliance and was going to give it a go

Is it full of alliance because of WotF nerf and EMFH?

I rolled alliance and horde vastly outnumbers them. Getting into raids and guilds is much better as horde. Not getting curbstomped every WG is nice as well.

Oh
Well thanks for the tip

warmane has servers that don't allow donated items, they work fine
i think icecrown was the one without them, but i could be wrong

Just be warned that dalaran has perpetual progression, so you must get the achievements for every tier of raid-content to progress to the next. I happened to find this appealing, but just putting it out there.

Which one? The fucking site doesnt give any information other than exp rates.

Lordaeron and Medivh don't have stores, it's the x1 servers that don't have them.

my mistake, it was lordaeron
i have no idea why that many people want to play on a server where 90% of the players have heroic DBW
lordaeron still has enough players though, you can play just fine there too

I assume that means x7 exp or something.

You sure Lordareon has no cash shop? I'm seeing some people claim it does

Yeah

i could be wrong, haven't played there for at least a year
log in and try to purchase items for characters on that server, easiest way to find out

Yeah, there's a cash shop.

Thanks for the suggestions though

This sounds like the perfect server to make a gimmick bank alt with all sorts of support capabilities.

lordaeron's cash shop only gives you mounts, points don't give you anything, hence lordaeron not being p2w
on icecrown you get shit like shadowmourne + other stuff for vote points

MARKETPLACE COIN RESTRICTIONS:
- Items available will be 1 Tier below items obtainable in-game until all content is released in all modes
- Item costs increased by up to 700% in comparison to other realms
- Items can only be upgraded (existing equipped item must be no less than 30 item levels below the new one)
- Item level requirement (for example must have Edge of Agony equipped before Fleshrender can be obtained using coins)

oh my mistake, guess i can't see them if i don't have enough coins
still, at 700% i don't think people are gonna be crazy to actually pay for anything

Find 9 friends and host your own for raiding.

Vengeance is TBC and it isn't P2W.

Don't play Warmane.

You just fell down the stairs again, right?

Vengeance is PvE and deaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Point on the teddy bear where the mean WoW server touched you

The biggest reason is actually that I made a NE warrior because I trusted Holla Forums when they said NE warriors were best to min/max

I know what I'm doing today.

GMs don't exist.

I encountered a bug preventing me from getting a skill, and two bugs that prevented me from finishing quests, had a ticket open for 3 months and none have been fixed

Aren't the Elysium devs working on a TBC server? Their six month celebration video hints at it with lightning striking the Dark Portal and activating it. It would make sense given where Anathema is on the timeline.

yeh they are working on it.
Also it just reached 9700 players.

yeah nah.

Also
Nah rather not play a server run by literal kikes. WoW is dead, Gummy was an idiot. glad it's dead

Are the chinks still there? Do the admins still love and defend the chinks?

sounds like one of those shitty early access survival games that number in the dozens if not hundreds on steam

Looked into it and yes. Looking at the userbase for WoW private servers it seems like it's less about a good server and more of "where my friends are playing." situation.

Last time I played, this was months ago mind you, the server felt like it had been completely abandoned by the development team. Multiple battleground faction flags and holiday decorations out at once, holiday npcs that don't even work, pools of fish that don't work, quests that don't turn in correctly, mobs evade bugging constantly and all kinds of shit. It was a mess.

If I were to return to WoW I'd definitely return to retail. I don't know how shitty it is but it definitely can't be bad as servers full of BRs, Russians or teenagers

By the way:
reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/6ottqa/felmystgummy_shutdown_megathread/

Gotta love the fellating these shits are doing. Also gotta love if you search Felmyst, that Elysium is scummy and asking Gummy give THEM the source code

Reminder Blizz only has around 20k max level alts on their servers total.

Did they at least jew a bunch of retards hard first?

When Cata was coming out I was under the impression that way more people were going to play goblin than worgen. What happened?

The people who would have played Goblin left, while furfags came in.

Worgen have an entire city and can pass as human if they want. They are characterized as classy british.
Goblins have a poluted corner of Orgrimmar and are characterized as typical jews.

Worgen are werewolves. Prior to Cataclysm they never had a single reason to be anything other than an enemy.

Goblins are little green people who strap bombs on to anything imaginable. They have their own specialization for a profession, and hold a rivalry with one of the races shipped with vanilla. They have been in the series since Warcraft 2, and have had every reason to be a playable race since the release of WoW.

Sounds like yet another case of Blizzard fucking up and hordes of secondary scum coming in praising the mess.

Quit WoW forever. After this gummy shit show I'm done with anything even remotely related to blizzard. Been playing private servers for years now but it's always the same cancer.

Trying to find a new game to waste my life playing but I'm hard pressed since just about every game has just as shitty business practices as blizzard.

Pretty much the only private servers left are shit. Gumbo won't release shit. won't even release it under a different name nor as a different user to cover his trail. Hell he could probably rehash a lot of his video footage for showcases with just music and text overlays.

The dude is a complete retard. Sat there telling everyone not to worry and that he had plans, then I'm in the top 30 levelers on the server and he suddenly releases a video and shuts it down.

At least it triggered me to finally quit that shit game.

So is there any dirt on this Gummy faggot yet? I'm not wading through the reddit trenches.

worgen don't have a city, they have a treestump in darnassus

You should, it's a perfect shitshow of basically dicksuckers proving reddit is not a place that allows discourse.

So it gets better, pawing through the plebbit shitstorm I found out that Felmyst is actually still working. as a private server for Gummy and his 10 friends.

Also the amount of Elysium cock sucking is amazing

You gotta admit, has any other server managed to provide nearly as much drama?

Corecraft/playtbc aint shit.

someone's never getting to Mag.

PlayTBC didn't even have working hearthstones IIRC

Digging some more into this shit heap it may be gummy DIDN'T get C&Ded, instead there are some things pointing to him faking the C&D because he honestly somehow didn't foresee people speaking well of a server that had good scripting. He went full SHUT IT DOWN. This is scriptcraft all over again.

Not literally. But he's got to keep him company. chances are he's gone and made his little server now insta 70

What?

Kill yourself for ever playing wow.

nah kys

yah kysxkys

Gummy thought, despite people telling him otherwise. that the best they'd get is 800 people.

He's not only a cripple, but an idiot

People were begging for a second server like two years prior. Even scriptcraft had thousands lining up, I never felt the server empty.

He's fucking retarded.

Seriously? I'm not a corporation with no soul and what happened hurt me as much as it did you. I'm sorry if I didn't sound that way in the video I made on Friday, but what were you expecting, a video of tears in my eyes?

So of course having my name dragged through the mud is frustrating. On that note, first of all, there wasn't any issues with the software's performance but I did feel there was a vulnerability to flooding (not "a lot of traffic", abusive behavior from someone flooding unexpected packets), but regardless there was definitely an issue with how good the server I rented was. Call me cheap if you have to but I don't think hosting 3,000 players on a budget is anything to sneeze at. Profiting from copyrighted material is potentially criminal now, at least as I understand it, so no, sorry, I wasn't going to accept donations.

I'm sorry that I wasn't communicative on Friday about those facts when everyone was trying to play but I didn't exactly have time to do anything before getting served, which I can still hardly believed happened within the hour. I was in the process of upgrading the server's upload speed when I answered the door and then basically sat around in disbelief for a few hours. During those hours I of course checked if the law firm was a real place, then checked if the number on the paper matched the number on their website, then called them to verify its authenticity. Even if it was fake, who the hell has access to my address? Is it somehow better to think that a competitor has my address?

Distributing the source code is not what you might think it is. Yes, I own the rights to the code, but that doesn't mean all is forgiven in the eyes of the law just because I took everything down when they asked me to. The only thing stopping Blizzard from harassing me with court dates and whatever else is their decision to not to. It's no skin off their nose if they decide to play games with me and I don't think anyone is going to crucify them for it if they did. It seems to be the other way around.

Yeah, you did, I get that. Contrary to popular belief I never advertised that I was planning to move countries or something absurd.

As you all know well, I hosted a private server five years ago and it was rather popular for its time. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that as far as getting Blizzard's attention goes, it was up there. That project did not receive a C&D. So in that regard my plan was to try and be no more popular than Scriptcraft was.

What was the plan? Well, first of all, if our providers contacted me on their own and said, "Hey, we don't like that stuff being hosted here, take it down", then I'd pick another host, most likely in Europe. Blizzard's attorney contacting me, in person no less, is a different story. Here we are and there's nothing I can do.

See this is bullshit because I specifically remember in a thread with people asking how the server was going to operate without donations, the admin responded that hosting a server is a lot cheaper than people think

Gummy is a faggot plain and simple who actually thought his stupid ideas were ok to execute. Maybe if he wasn't a massive attention whore and didn't give out real world details about himself that "personal C&D" wouldn't be possible.

Gummy: The eternal faggot

He means you can go back to Gilneas and visit every single place there after the tectonic plates shifted and broke apart the shore unlike how you can't go back and visit Kezan or the other isles where the Goblins were at and were a one-off.

Fixed.

Gummy is a weird guy. I still can't decide if he's a stereotypical but ascended dramawhore modder faggot, or just someone who bit off more than he could chew but didn't want to give up. If it's the latter, I really hope he doesn't kill himself or anything.

It's a return to normalcy if anything. With felmyst gone it's back to the status quo of trash servers trying to trick as many people as possible into thinking they're spending their time wisely, been this way for years and years. Good time to play single-player games.

Seriously?