Mega Maker and Romhacks Thread

Not quite shilling the games, I just think I make good levels, the thing is still very limited and has some glitches, also, anyone here makes custom stuff or has tried to do some romhacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

emulicious.net/kidded/
smspower.org/Hacks/GameModifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that making your own ROM Hack is easier than ever. Use MegaFLE X, Rock5easily and board2's documentation and you're good to go.
There's already plenty of those out there, mostly shit. There is an editor but it is painfully obtuse to use.

I didn't know about that one, thanks.

Also, my levels.

ID: 43170
Metal Man

ID: 57514
Crash Man

R8 them, so far they are OK but it looks like the gimmicks were overused, or the streamers I shilled to were pretty bad at the game.

Here's a level I feel rather proud of, shouldn't be too difficult to complete.

ID: 33695
CANYON DAM

Checked it, not too hard, you get the grip of the gimmick fast enough, not sure if there is a shortcut I wasn't aware of (the checkpoint before the boss had a gap on the left) I could only suggest some minor aesthetic changes, they need to add waterfalls already or low gravity areas.

What the fuck do I do? Is there a way to delete my profile?

Send a ticket maybe? I wonder, maybe it is in your user configuration files.

What if we didn't depend on these console game-esque restrictive master servers and just shared levels normally

I thought you needed a profile to play levels via code? You don't?

You just need a profile and that's it.

Alex Kidd has a Java level editor out, now you can make your very own Miracle World romhacks!

emulicious.net/kidded/
smspower.org/Hacks/GameModifications

Sega should have been giving Alex Kidd more atention, the last time I saw him on a modern game was in SASRT… btw, is a shame no kart game that I remember has given us a level editor.

how come ever single one of these threads disappeared supper fast?

ModNation Racers. Even had character and kart editors, too.

They got canceled

PS3 and Vita only, right?

Not much participation, you can only do so much if you only offer 2 levels, hell, Mega Maker right now is very stale with the limited assets and some aesthetic choices.

Ascetic Aesthetic 001
ID: 33080

Clinical Trials
ID: 46205

Crash Man was much better then your first level. Seems like you copied a few ideas from my levels :^). Two rooms where entirely skippable. The jumping was fun. That spike in the boss fight was a total dick moved because it means Buster Only strategy is impossible but luckily there was enough weapon energy to tank him with his weakness.
I could see someone new to MM having a bit of trouble with your second level. But if they where struggling with your comfy one then they are just bad.

Not bad. Fun Gimmick, could have been a bit more challenging.

There was also a PSP version, though that one was completely gimped. PSV version only let you upload your creations, IIRC; I think that function is dead now. PS3 version's still on life support, though.

Dunno why I'm only limited to one picture per post. Did programgorilla break something again?

They struggled so badly with the Crash Man level they kept falling on the first horizontal section, I even had to rethink my design and make those areas a little breather because I was overusing the flip platform gimmick according to some.

Also, you can still defeat Crash Man with buster only, it just needs a little more patience, I also made the room a little harder now.

upload a webm. Because when you jump he jumps and throws a crash bomb. When you shoot Crash man shoots. That spike forces you to jump leading to you having to tank damage. Video embedded is the typical Crash man buster Strategy which is now impossible with the spike.

Eh, too hard of a room, reverting to the old version, still doable with buster only, the lack of any given game complete assets makes me not want to keep editing levels right now.

same here. if it wasn't probably gamemaker and they allowed you to mod the shit out of it and upload the levels w/mods or whatever it'd be better.

webm here… what were you saying?

it is in fact, made with Game Maker Studio.

Bump I guess, what level style do you like to play people?

I hate Mega Man, he ruins everything.

The game also lacks mini bosses and Willy bosses right now, is a shame.

He got too busy with his part time job at walmart to star in any more games.

Oh shit, I didn't even know it was enabled. I never ever use it. I was assuming lemon blaster only. After all its a MM2 boss.

which is why in reality its lazy as fuck tbh famalamadingdong.

yeah making levels is fun but way to time consuming and their is not enough enemy verity to keep it interesting at the moment. The weather is too nice to sit inside making MM levels that no one will play. Maybe come September/October it will be a bit more interesting.

his name is Keiji Inafune

Even with single bullets you can see is doable, I mean, it just takes more shots.

I want to make a fun arena with Quick Man

They should have included at least all the ones with the weapons you carry or the other way around, having certain weapons but not their original bosses triggers my autism.

I really wanted Wood Man. And I wanted the Atomic Fire weapon too.

So is this going to have custom scripting in the future?

It would be interesting, I just wish this was open source since is made with GMS, so is not like one could not add one's own quirks.

New easy level for pussies.