TF2 Vintage: Vintage Memes Edition

Recent news

VERSION 2H1 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?

TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up. The project is working towards open source and plans to remove the need for steam

Downloads

Full game (comes with hotfix):

mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

V2H1 NOW AVAILABLE

This version combines the Engineer Test Fix 2 with V2, so you don't need to upgrade if you grabbed that already.

Full install:

mega.nz/#!vFlVXKAI!2kBtDvOtUD4nMcY9a8gTOyF9j2b5GRNhLG4BJz8jJ4M

Upgrade from V2 to V2H1:

mega.nz/#!2YFWVDpJ!Mf3SjSQ643P5x0fQKaJdXDLmPZ6DswYCt-g5J4cPOdo

SENTRY FIX

mega.nz/#!DQUEgI5b!tFCpOaRryU-mEguezMtspMEv935Shm47TxTgnW76pn8

extract the archvie's contents into the buildables folder under models (TF2V\models\buildables), overwrite all. should fix it

Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin:

github.com/megous/megatools

Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

TF2V GIT REPO

github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL

Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

Why not TF2C?

Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C was meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny.

Either way, this is it's own mod at this point, so let's keep the discussion limited to TF2V. Drama is for teenaged school girls and faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOS29tOHBHTmpaRTQ
github.com/shaunlebron/blinky
gamebanana.com/maps/175798
github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537
teamfortress.tv/22335/team-fortress-2-open-source
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOUlJCWWxVS1hIZXc
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUORTB2cWhiOUl6Q2M
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOM3J1ZWVrcllFVjg
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUObTE5UmxtRm5hNGc
gamebanana.com/skins/128137
gamebanana.com/skins/37714
gamebanana.com/skins/80830
gamebanana.com/skins/62031
gamebanana.com/skins/144404
gamebanana.com/skins/91402
gamebanana.com/skins/146318
gamebanana.com/skins/110919
gamebanana.com/skins/128365
mega.nz/#!SIAAnJza!tL5eW-_8Q...tIbjwCBqAdbpZM
mega.nz/#!jZAn1IaD!DgWNMLj69...fSr7ZAPhqBTbmA
mega.nz/#!LMRyBRzZ!6kL0ED1eE...o_W_ls06rS_ZSQ
gamebanana.com/sounds/37389
mediafire.com/file/4ptibd98h34fe5y/TF2Vsrc.7z
mediafire.com/file/v39ww9l0uw88r2y/TF2VintageTF2Cfree.7z
github.com/number201724/CS16ND/blob/master/dlls/vehicle.cpp
github.com/FWGS/regamedll/blob/master/regamedll/dlls/vehicle.cpp
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-version-2-revision-1
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/MDLUnpack
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Mdldecompiler
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#Windows
pastebin.com/RwW7SXbP
mediafire.com/file/xeqo9qgboer0pz8/ZGok_src_7-25-2017.7z
dropbox.com/s/5jobaipqfaehgoz/koth_erika.bsp?dl=0
mediafire.com/file/60pyep1oepetdw6/TF2Vintage_Zgok_7-26-2017.7z
forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=251870
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

UNBEARABLE LAG

V2R1 AVAILABLE

It's the same shit as V2H1 except cut down in size and has some extra bugfixes in it. Engineer is STILL being tested since it's either

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOS29tOHBHTmpaRTQ

Would have helped to post link.

WHEN WILL MEMESYSTEM BE FUNCTIONAL, IT LAGS EVERY SECOND, I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY MEME MAPS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE

but also players on this server
SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
247 linux box
IP: 74.91.123.198
Located in New York so ping could be acceptable for yuropoors too
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients
Fastdl and custom maps

don't forget to
BUILD SPEED

GET IN RIGHT NOW, FOUR PEOPLE PLAYING

Gonna work on a new paste for the thread's OP, also OP you forgot the Revemu tutorial as the second post
2/10
See me after class

7 fags in here so far

so yeah Sentry gun issue is tied to the engineer slapping the sentry while it takes damage period I think

Hey dev user, can you uncap the fov? It goes to like 100, which is already more than live tf2, but there is no reason to have it capped in the first place.

Ridiculous.
Panini projection would be ideal but fucking nothing uses that except github.com/shaunlebron/blinky

forgot pic

try using viewmodel_fov [desired fov]

fov_desired #

What did he mean by this?

Ffov_170

Hey faggots, when are we gonna do dr_playstation?

What is that cvar? TF2C added it? I'll try it later. Normal fov shouldn't be capped anyway.

I don't think it's out yet.

Also I';m surprised that plebbit hasn't caught wind of this yet or even cuckchan

Okay so I merged the TF2V folder on and I got a error on a folder named cv_items or something like that, I think I got the name wrong. It wasn't "able to find the folder". I couldn't get it to work so I just clicked "ignore".
Will it be okay or do I have to download it all again?

Try redownloading it again

Remember this? I think it's based on the same leaked source and runs on SDK Base 2013 as well.

Well you nigs should play this.
gamebanana.com/maps/175798

Yep. Nicknine is a TF2C dev and is the main maintainer of TF2P, basically a port of TF2 2007 to Source 2013.

facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537
You guys want to try this at all? It's a port of the 2008 TF2 source code to Source 2013. Nicknine is cool and the source code is open so its definitely something that worth checking out.

check it out, nothing to write home about. Only purpose it serves at this point for vintage is parts for the Holla Forums project

it might have the sentry fix we're looking for

Why not use something that isn't TF2C as a base so you don't have to fix stupid shit like sentry models and the entire Payload/Payload Race gamemode?

Well I dunno, only because I don't think it's just a simple fix and might be down on a coding level. I've got my own build of TF2V from the repo and have been slowly ripping all mentions of TF2C from it as well as renaming needed functions for it.

Even with 2007 build there's no models or implimentation of code for upgraded dispensers or teleporters. Not to to mention lack of code for the later gamemodes like Payload, Arena and the like.

I'll test it and see if it has any bugs in it. If it seems better than TF2C then we should switch over to TF2-Base.

Again that TF2 base is just 2007 TF2 put on the 2013 SDK MP base to patch out exploits from the older SDK bases. It offers less than the TF2C base does. I have it myself and probed around already. the engineer bug isn't tied to something as simple as models I don't think, but instead something in their shitty spaghetti code they made for it. If TF2V dev user jumped to that as a base he'd be starting with less than from that old outdated TF2C git repo that is still open and I cloned for an added "fuck you" :^)

There'd be more of an interest if someone could find a build of TF2 from 2010 as most of the game modes are implemented by that point

speaking of TF2C found this
teamfortress.tv/22335/team-fortress-2-open-source
Goddamn, they ran back to facepunch because "trolls"

This is hilarious. I'm sorry for bringing up TF2C again but goddamn

What a surprise.

bugtesting results: Recent crashes having to do with buildings
Pachinko and I have secluded the more recent "sentry crashes".
It has to do with level 2 and 3 dispensers taking explosions and leaving a "burn mark". The marks are rendered when a player is close to the offending building, causing a crash.
This may be due to the spaghetti code from pre-medic update being updated to have level 2 and 3 dispensers. But likely can be fixed by simply replacing the model with the spaghetticode before the "engineer hotfix" that replaced all building models.
To fix: revert the buildings back to the engie-fix state but keep the gibs as they are.
Or you could just remove the rendering of burn-marks as apparently maxfps removes them. Though this is unconfirmed as DekuJuice, our fellow bugtesting goy, may actually not have replaced his models in the engie fix.
Additionally, the newer versions of TF2V that come pre-packed with the engineer hotfix have replaced all the models along with the gibs, so that's also a thing.

2 fix:
or not confirmed

I run a config and never had a crash ether (v1h1).
Does -autoconfig work? Is it possible to consistently replicate the crash?

Well if the issue is related ot the drawing of the burn mark why not replace it with a different decal and see how that works? take a build of TF2V without the sentry fix, but instead replace the burn decal with something more simpler

Simply whack your building as it takes rocket fire or continuous bullet damage

I've been popping in and out all day Which is why some of you probably thought I was being a dumbass engi and I've only been able to recreate it by a soldier attacking a dispenser. I tried it with the HD models and crashed, but the SD models are super strange and have issues with sapper alignment.

It's very possible to replicate the crash.
1. Get a level 2/3 dispenser
2. Shoot it with something explosive, even a friendly sentry shooting it with a rocket will do. Demomen seem to not cause crashes very often due to the nature of their explosives.
3. Crash.
It has nothing to do with bullet damage from what we've gathered. The sapper alignment thing is fine so long as we don't have crashes.
and what's -autoconfig

Well I say bullet damage because a few crashes have happened to me while it occurred. We may need to have a full on bug testing session to pin down the thing

I've always wondered if it's possible to add the western cowboy version of the classes, no actual attributes only cosmetic.

Here's the buildings, exported from both TF2C and Live TF2. I've been using his kit with my beta user to try and unsuccessfully figure out the crashes.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOUlJCWWxVS1hIZXc

We've kind of narrowed it down though. It's definately the burn marks popping into existence due to player proximity on level 2 and 3 dispensers.

I say remove the decal and if possible the calls to draw it. the call to draw it may also be a factor.

C'mon guys, TF2C has the sentry bug fixed for months on their beta version!
At this rate they'll release the beta version with code replacements mysteriously similar to those in TF2V!

It is a little rough around the edges, but I'm not gonna lie, the TF2 port is great.

TF2C hasn't been updated within a year. We have at least 500% more productivity.

I'm going to download this tonight. How populated have the servers been, lately?

TF2C hasn't been updated since June 2016 and went closed source after that fearing people would steal their source code even though they made it open source. Yes they're bragging unironically about how the beta has it fixed, but it's also been beta for 13 months. Like I said the night when their Discord got mad: You have 40 developers and 25 beta testers that took over half a year to fix an issue that one bored dev user and a couple of players figured out.

They've been testing to see what causes crashes to prevent it from happening. So not so much at the moment

There is some crashes and bugs. With a little polish this could become very good.

To be fair TF2C isn't 100% closed source. There's a repo with old code still opened that I took from because I could.

Pop fluctuates. We need word spread of the mod really. I think the best bet outside "Stock TF2" is "TF2 without the bloat" as a way to bill it.

Right now actually pouring through the source code of Vintage and removing all the calls to GRN and YLW as well as the mercs and civilian. Already carved out and removed their OC weapons

Nice, glad to hear it.

-autoconfig resets cvars, mostly graphics related ones and graphics settings (I think?). It's handy after using a config, as some things stay even after you remove said config.

Add -autoconfig to command line, have config installed. Check if the issue is present.
It shouldn't be with an intact config.
Start narrowing down to exact cvar(s) by removing parts of config file and restarting the game. Once it starts crashing with a config you know the deleted cvars contained key ones. Hopefully you get the idea.

This is a foolproof way I can think of right now, there might be a better way.
I won't have time to test it myself, unfortunately.
Also check if dx8 affects it at all.

well I'm not TF2V dev user. Second I need to test this. I can remove the references yes but I'm not sure how it'll handle or even compile. I think what will be done is remove all references to 4team mode as well as DM.

Also renaming all TF2C commands to TF2V.

Right, and the 3d modelers are just teasing about revealing new characters through shitty doodles, it's been two fucking years since we got one, exclusively for sfm.

We've got it!
The fix is setting model quality to medium or lower.
Something about the high quality dispensers being shot causes the game to freak out.

Crashes occurred with each scenario applied. SD Models/HD Materials, HD Models/HD Materials, HD Models/SD materials. It might be that the SD model/material pack does not replace something the HD model/material packs do. They have different amounts of files.

So it might actually be tied to code. Could take the SD models and edit them so they're the HD ones. that way the rest of the models can stay HD

Also to add to the list of things to be uncapped is max speed, not sure how hardcoded it is, but would be nice as well.

DEVANON I FIXED THE DISPENSER CRASH USING THE NUTF2 MODELS. YOU CAN PLAY ON HIGH WITH THESE

???
nice
about a dozen at best (from what I've witnessed), most of the time it's empty until somebody gets impatient and yells at people in this thread to get in. I sometimes pop in to try out any "low spec" or "max frames/performance" mods and configurations.

very very good

Gotta remember TF2C is old. From the looks of it the first pass for their mod was "comp TF2" and the dev got told off to the point of asspain.

Also I'm gonna focus on stripping out TF2C shit from the vintage source. I'll be popping in eveyr so often if it gets too boring. Hopefully when I'm done the build I compile will function properly.

So far I've stripped out some of the GRN YLW references in the code, as in removed them, even the bits from the RED and BLU lines of code. I specifically had VBS search for the mentions and started deletion of coding pertaining to them. With any luck the client in question once circulated would actually shut out the salty TF2Cucks since right now all they need to do is change a folder name. and changing the code down at the level I'm doing would fix that.

On the downside I'd need to distribute my build of the client as well as have people test it. If it was successful we could just start using it.

In the code of the game? If you're doing the data of the game I'd recommend using V2R1 which is already a cut down version of TF2V.

I'm assuming to use only the SD Dispensers and everything else HD?

If this works, good work guys. I've started progress on the Spy texture errors (such as a spy going through a teleporter) that I'm wondering if too is because model.

Here's a prepackaged version I made:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUORTB2cWhiOUl6Q2M

yes i just replaced the dispenser files and nothing else

I'm using a recent clone from the git repo. so if it's not on the git I didn't get that build

Right now in the coding all I'm doing is removing the calls

Alright, so none of the data. All you need to worry about it the code then. Most of the GRN and YLW content should be gone out of TF2V although I know one or two rouge items still exist like the flare gun sound effects.

Not all of it, mostly calls the the gamemodes. Just because you remove the folders for the models and textures doesn't mean the code to make calls is gone now.

But I think the right move for me right now is to first create a build that has the deathmatch mode calls removed.

I know, but it also decreases the filesize of the game. It's how I was able to reduce the size of TF2V by about a gig just by removing stupid shit.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOM3J1ZWVrcllFVjg

Here's what I compiled for it then. If it works I'll make a V2H2 with it in it once the Spy teleporter glitch is fixed.

i'mma need a sauce on that, i think custom models are a thing in this user

Yep, just stick them under custom.

fair point. but if you remove the DM calls the TF2Cucks they try to get their server listed on here won't really work. Another thing I'll suggest is replace all instances of TF2C with TF2V as then the compiled code will be unable to recognize anything pertaining to TF2C

Which is fine, and prevents them from doing shit like sticking TF2C on TF2V's server list.

Also for the anons complaining about the greek map, here's the error causing the big red ERRORS to appear just like koth_king is.

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_soho/acunit004b.mdl)SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_soho/acunit003b.mdl)SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_soho/acunit004b.mdl)

I'm looking into it.

I got the errors to disappear, but now it's turned into:

Material models/props_soho/acunit001 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!

poetic

do you have V2? it should fix that problem

memesystem.party:30001 4 players right now lets have some fun lads

Figured it out. My guess is that the props corrupted on extraction. King and Eros work fine now.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUObTE5UmxtRm5hNGc

get in bls

in not sappy you homo

cool skins you've found and wanna share with anons
gamebanana.com/skins/128137
gamebanana.com/skins/37714
gamebanana.com/skins/80830
gamebanana.com/skins/62031
gamebanana.com/skins/144404
gamebanana.com/skins/91402
gamebanana.com/skins/146318
gamebanana.com/skins/110919
also postin' here so i can download 'em later

thanks mate, appreciated

Thanks mate

Appreciate it mate

'Ppreciate it

Is there a reason why certain skins don't work with TF2V? I did everything you need to do, just put the files in my_custom_stuff.

i've no idea, what skins specifically, user?

Was good games, good night

Some skins are updated to the new system TF2 uses. the new system uses C_models and vpk for the new stuff. There are tuts to back port it and takes like 5 seconds to do

I know how to unpack .vpk files, but what about c_models?

Fucking damn. The update fixed everything. You niggers should really try this out.
mega.nz/#!SIAAnJza!tL5eW-_8Q...tIbjwCBqAdbpZM
mega.nz/#!jZAn1IaD!DgWNMLj69...fSr7ZAPhqBTbmA
mega.nz/#!LMRyBRzZ!6kL0ED1eE...o_W_ls06rS_ZSQ

Why is a orange map in the mappool?
anyone know why i would keep freezing, it isnt happening in normal tf2

orange is a good map

memesystem.party:30001 9 players now
we're playing plr_tallbuilding

Holy fuck cp_ravenholm was bad, I didn't think it would be that small.

Dev textures are really cool. They give me a MGS VR missions look. They look "virtual" if that's a thing.

You mean the place holder black and purple ones?

Nah. The you know the textures on cp_orange right?

Trips means Ill try it out tomorrow.

I'm getting an encryption key required message.

fuck off with this. It's a step back in terms of everything

this could be WEBMed into a nice reaction bit.
Was this on Holla Forumsintage server or memesystems? I usually miss these goofy moments and end up getting scout raped by bachingo.

Holla Forumsintage fun I think
Also some gay pride enthusiast and minecraft let's player seems to be the only people left upset at this mod :^)

Compiling a build of TF2V with all mentions of TF2C removed and replaced if this works the next step is to strip mentions of Deathmatch, YLW and GRN from the code and do it in baby steps. I'll commit what I've got when it's tested to work

I think I've found a gem for the patricians among us:
gamebanana.com/sounds/37389
Anybody know a sound mod for medpack pickup? It feels so out of place to have a Half-Life 2 sound bit, like it's a placholder or something.

Well I'm glad this blew over.

Hey guys maybe we should not split the community into two servers.

Now that's just silly talk.

At least we have a backup when one goes down.

I thought that was the point, though with meme system last night my ping was shit there.

CHECKED

Right so I'm getting a compile error tied to not anything from the mod but it seems from a VBS specific component. building TF2V as is works, but if I dare change any variable that mentions tf2c it suddenly stops working

TF2C worked fine with 3 servers.
Although people went on Alpha's more even though it was mostly 24/7 ctf_moonman and lagged every five minutes.

I am downloading this now is anyone online now?

right now? seems like no one. I'm trying to get the fucking TF2C reference free build to compile

I'll hop on in 30

you coming on or what, nigger?

Whelp so close. I have most of the project edited out of the TF2C references even in the client (meaning even renaming a TF2C folder wouldn't let them connect) but now it seems VB has decided my project directory is invalid and I can't seem to fix it

Which version of VB did you get to compile it?

It might be tied to some macros I can't edit that still reference TF2C. I'll post what I've got inna bit

I installed the full download file but no one is on

tf2c was better

most of the time people are on at night

also
mediafire.com/file/4ptibd98h34fe5y/TF2Vsrc.7z

Here's what I have, all references to TF2C removed and replaced with either TF2V, TF2VINTAGE, TF_VINTAGE_CLIENT

Would it be possible to enforce certain wearables only in some maps, so for example you have Winter themed maps where all the mercs are wearing by default the kind of gear you'd see in a wintery war zone (instead of fucking elf ears and green shoes with bells on them)?

Sort of. Due to the nature of how Source does model swaps you'd have to pack the new playermodels into the map itself for it to work properly. Not too hard to implement but space consuming.

which will lead to bloat.

no

Will anyone be on tonight?

HOLY SHIT I MAY HAVE DONE IT

STAND BY FOR TF2C FREE CODING Mk I

This is my first time hearing about this. Is it worth downloading TF2 again and trying it out?

Standalone, you don't need to have TF2.

It's a bloat free TF2. classes feel good, it's only 6 gigs versus retail's 40

Also might have hit a wall. mainmenu.cpp has references to a blog that doesn't exist. removed and trying again

Yes. probly.
There's 3 people now on Holla Forumsintage fun.

There's a Linux release, correct?

When is demoman going to be removed?

Ya gotta make it. But I believe anons have run their own and Holla Forumsintage fun is a linux server IIRC

Bloat is due to unoptimized 3D models and the billion particle effects, adding twelve alternate costumes is entirely different but I still see your point.

Ok, understandable.

gg

ahh fuck so close. Now there's an issue with a call to a .obj file being fucked up and a missing blog reference in the code.

DID IT
First step done. While it's not 100% complete I did scrub 99% of the tf2c references and managed to build both server and client.

the last bit was a reference to a blog url that when I tried to change it it started spitting errors at me pertaining to a .obj file which I'll have to look into.

I'll post my compiled build TF2V dev user if you'd be so kind as to do what needs to be done to incorporate the changes into the next build that'd be nice.

next step is removing the deathmatch commands

Also if it's not difficult, check the overtime mode on KotH mode and see if there's a way to add the cp mode decay to it. I notice overtime devolves into the other team making an aggressive cap due to the low decay and then winning or losing on next cap.

yeah I should look into this took. I'll do baby steps and that seems like a VERY GOOD baby step

mediafire.com/file/v39ww9l0uw88r2y/TF2VintageTF2Cfree.7z

BOOM
I'll look at decay times next, especially PL since it's supposed to be a 5 second count

I will play tonight. How about you guys join me? Let's say we start in three hours from now.

got people in right now.

lies
only taft is on in spectator mode

I've played it on linux through steam as a sourcemod with no problem.

To be fair in the time it took you to reply people left.

we had fun for a while but then everyone left

Fuck, I've never thought of this getting replies. Well shit, the thing is just a few models were completed but never rigged, I think they made like half of the classes (no Lincoln or the chinese spy) and I'm talking about facepunch circa 2010.

Facepunch is a shithole now. My buddy who does the ripping of those gundam models lost one of the guys helping because he had "bad opinions" and got banned. Not to mention TF2C started there and disregards anyone talking bad about it as "trolls"

join 4 fun

server population is climbing

I'm in

Also in terms of my submitting of the new client build it'd be impossible for the TF2C circlejerk to just rename their folder. In theory, since the code makes call to a TF_CLASSIC_CLIENT I renamed all instances to TF_VINTAGE_CLIENT so since the two compiled clients are different it should work better

FUN NOW

cp_indulge is taking forever to download

And believe that one of their members jerked off to a lasagna.

One of our members jerks off to floor tiles.

ahem

They're worse than Reddit by far, it's the worst traits of SomethingAwful mixed with the worst traits of Reddit into one website. You've got extremely shitty mods that are lolcow tier combined with extremely shitty people that have the sheep herd mentality or are ten ways of special snowflake fucked up. Good thing I got out of there before it really went downhill.

It's like that picture of the four guys up against the wall told to behave or they would be shot since that's how it feels to post there. They'll figure out some way to kick you off the site no matter how scummy.

if we get 4 more people in here we can get a 6s game going

come join for fun times

this is adorable

Leaving this here for future reference. Server owner, add wacky_races to the repertoire!

Was good games

when v3 comes out we need to get a gamenight going.

func_vehicle implementation when?

Dunno. if we had access to goldsrc code that handles the function and source's code then it'd probably be possible.

After I strip out DM, GRN, Yellow and original the character classes I actually want to look into fixing the hitboxes

Why not make a vehicle entity based on HL2's vehicles?

there are reverse engineered dlls of cs 1.6 on github
github.com/number201724/CS16ND/blob/master/dlls/vehicle.cpp
github.com/FWGS/regamedll/blob/master/regamedll/dlls/vehicle.cpp

Wasn't there a server setting that disabled all the new weapons? Why not just play that?

Anyone wanna play?

Because there are still hats.

Also, anyone up for a game later today? Let's say at 12 pm CST

I did everything that was listed in moddb
But i can't extract part one.

because you still have to download 40 gigs. this is 6 gigs uncompressed and the only file bloat would come from maps being added not to the base TF2V, but to the servers

you renamed the files exactly?

I think so, maybe the format didn't change.
I did change the name as reuqired.

it should have asked you if you want to change the file's format

if it didn't it didn't work

hint: if you don't enable changing file extensions in Windows, you can always drop the files into a WinRAR archive because WinRAR lets you rename file extensions. Rename them, then take them out of the archive and they should extract fine.

Still didn't work.
How to install the one in google drive?

same way you would the other one. I'll look into uploading the most recent build to Gdrive

Not Gdrive, I mean Moddb

Though when v3 hits I'll put it on Gdrive before using the link to upload to moddb

with what program should i extrackl part one.
I renamed it, reformated it, but still it shows its a broken archive

Have you never extracted a multi-part archive? Use 7zip

No i have not extracted a multi part archive.
Still can't extract it with 7zip

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-version-2-revision-1
Just use this

Get in here niggers

If you're on windows make sure "show file extensions" explorer option is on, then change the names of the archives so their names are exactly the same except that part one ends in ".001" and part 2 ends in ".002". It doesnt matter what the name is as long as they match completely except the end. Then open part one and it will let you extract the full archive.

thanks man, i tried to rename like
that failed.

Hey if someone watns to write a guide on how to set up TF2V servers I'll post it on moddb

I installed it, but now steam lags to hell.
Any solutions?

restart steam

Did couple times, lagged more
Even restarted my PC

post specs. This is the first time I've heard the mod causing issues with steam

Stopping by to say TF2V dev is doing God's work, I was so disappointed by TF2C

He is and with anons helping it's going by quickly. With the latest development being stripping the TF2C code and changing any mentions to TF2C or commenting them out allows the next TF2V launcher to theoretically be a pure TF2V launcher

we're gunna play now

Well it may be windows 10. Pretty much you're SoL there because everyone reporting issues so far is because of windows 10

The W10 problems only applied to the no-steam version.

is it? weird as for what his problem is this is a first. I've never heard of this mod lagging a computer

\not a comuputer.
Only steam.
And when it is not on.
The comupter works as fast as it can normally, my logijew arx control shows that everything is fine.
Only steam, and only if the mod is in the sourcemods folder.
If i move it, everything is fine.
So it is a problem for steam.
The mod does not need to be running.

NEED ONE MORE PLAYER

I hate Valve as a company.
Primarily for their promotion of racemixing, but what can you expect from a fatass who never really cared about making video games but instead just bought quake mods to turn into online markets. Further most of Valve now is made up of a female SJW programmers, I'm glad there will never be a HL3. I knew it all wouldn't last.

Delete the Steam web-browser cache

How about talking about the game instead of sperging out? Also this is TF2 VINTAGE not TFVintage. which in that case would just be the quake mod and by technicality the original TF/TFC

In the steam browser or within steam itself?
do i need to open the browser?

Did it, worked.

A lot of stomps this afternoon

JOIN UP FOR SOME GORGE

I need a break from the constant losing. Gonna do some other shit.

That's why I left as well

let's play some gorge fuggers

It was fucking great, it's been long since ive had such fun matches in tf2

Get ready you nigs. First alpha of my map is coming soon.

perhaps we can play later instead.
Will E.E., bachingo, woah dave and slippy tone down the stomp?

No, we just have to git gud.

I love this though, even when losing and getting frustrated it's something I've sorta missed. Coupled with the fact none of the weapons rely on some gimmick stats This week, pending we have no one else to compete with we should get a gamenight thread going

Got a screenshot or overview of layout?

This bump is dedicated to ctf_2fort, the best map ever conceived of by mortal mind.

There are some things post-2007 that were actually pretty good to be honest.

Not really, The only things added post 2007 are the gamemodes Payload, Payload Race, Arena, KotH

I dunno, some of the non-stock weapons were pretty fun to use, and some of the old art-style loyal cosmetics are really nice.

Also guy ripping out TF2C cvars, can you also add cvars to enable/disable both CTF/payload highlighting serverside as well as capcrits?

so? No one here can decide on what to keep. And pretty much everyone playing has said to keep it stock.

I'll look into it. I have to do little changes here and there. Payload is on the top of my priority list for fixing because the hill issue with the hills where carts are meant to roll back don't work

Keep sandvich, Quickfix but stock medigun doesn't make you as fast as a scout while healing one making the quickfix actually fucking useful. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head at this moment.

Do you want a slippery slope?

stop

this is correct

I'm thinking to only keep weapons that aren't cancerous meme weapons, or fucking retarded and infuriating to fight against in comparison to stock. Sure, sandvich is annoying af, but if you bumrush the heavy with some team mates or drop him with a backstab/headshot it becomes useless.

I was just throwing around a few ideas.

I'm just flat out awful at it, it's been so long. I can't even remember how I had my mouse configured, everything is too fast or too slow.

Agreed, the slippery slope bullshit is why it's being kept stock only for now.

They already are. When you start removing and blurring the lines of each class it waters down the game. Right now the game feels perfect, every class feels like it has a purpose.

On the topic of fixing payload I'd LIKE to ask for help on TF2Maps but some digging has revealed TF2Cucks have a pre-established presence there so any asking for help on this issue would probably raise a red flag in at least one of them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

how? it's packaged with vintage

How do you convert c_models to v_models/w_models?

Try these?
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/MDLUnpack
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Mdldecompiler

where is everybody?

right now it's in waves. Some people aren't playing.

COME ON LETS GET THIS GOING

I love you guys but I can't do melee only for very long

any fags wanna make new TF2V logos and icons?

we stopped.

What should it look like?

Well the TF2V logo is just the TF2 one in vintage blue. as for other shit.

I mean this is the only shit we have, it'd be nice to have nicer looking shit

Do you want an actual poster?

Nah, just something else to post really

anyone wanna join me?

gimme an hour, I'll whip something up

Fresh OC for the thread

Early morning tf2 is some weird shit. Was pretty fun though.

Anyone up for a game?

Top tier shit my man.

Medics right hand is a bit off, but other than that looks nice to me

good catch, I'll fix that right up

Fresher OC for the thread

anyone playin?

I will get on in approximately 3 hours. Come and join me then.

Noice

Get in

Solid, gonna update the moddb page with this.

Also remove the dm command from the console variables, the mode no longer has a pointer to it. I'm doing baby steps to fix shit

Also to sappy or someone else how did you set up your dedi? I've got someone over on moddb asking how to but I'm short on answers there

1: Download SteamCMD.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#Windows

2: Run the following codes in order in SteamCMD, installing the dedicated server files.
login anonymousforce_install_dir ./source2013dedi/app_update 244310 validate

3: Download TF2 Vintage, put the tf2vintage folder inside of the source2013dedi folder:
(Insert your link to TF2 Vintage here)

4: Port forward port 27015 on your network in order to be able to broadcast to other users.

5: Open source2013dedi/tf2vintage/cfg/server.cfg and configure your server name, rcon password and any other settings you want.

(For Windows)
4: Start up SRCDS.exe using a .bat file pointing at TF2Vintage to start the server.
Example of a complex .bat file: pastebin.com/RwW7SXbP [From Dio on /radcorp/]
Even simpler:
start srcds.exe -game tf2vintage +maxplayers 32 +map ctf_2fort -console -insecure -high
Take either the URL or the line below and save the contents as a .bat file.

I don't quite know what is required for Linux, since I've never really hosted on Linux. I would recommend though if you're going to set up a dedi, make sure you have a separate computer available to host on for best performance and uptime.

right posted it, just awaiting moderator approval and thank you

CODE UPDATE:
mediafire.com/file/xeqo9qgboer0pz8/ZGok_src_7-25-2017.7z
command to actually execute DM removed. Should now be impossible with this compiled client to not only execute the dm command but TF2C cucks can't rename their folder as well. No more passive aggressive listing of a shitty DM server for them

Very nice.

Has payload overtime, cp overtime and ctf capcrits been fixed yet? Cvars for the latter and fixing of the former are the only thing preventing a V3 pure standalone.

no and it'll take some time. as it stands v3 should be shipped in my opinion. I can make fixes as I go

where are the linux libraries?

I run windows, no idea how to make this linux native. If I was smart at this I'd have long torn out the dependencies of DX9 and replaced it with the latest openGL

then updating Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN is a no go since it runs on linux

how are you running vintage fun to begin with? aren't you using a wrapper?

i just installed everything through steamcmd as you would do on windows

so there should be no issues then

After playing this mod for a few and being an ex-TF2 player, im going to throw my two cents into the hat. No, im not going to suggest hats, weapons or gamemodesyet
Way i see it is, polish the stock game first, then we can worry about the non essentials (because anons will more than likely bitch about the lack of content and i even have some ideas to solve that)

bugs i noticed currently are

of all the bugs this mod has, the glaring ones for me happen to be these, especially the constant crashing. Im sure the dev must get this alot and im sure maintaining this fucking thing WHILE under pressure from anons being anons must be stressful. Hopefully this post helps this mod turn into something magnificent, as i do enjoy the idea of returning to the good ol days of TF2(and hopefully when the time comes the issue of hats and weapons can also be resolved, but again, the focus SHOULD be on the game itself first)

Most of these have been addressed, but the eyes rolling back and kukri ate new to me. I to notice the issues with the flames for pyro, play mostly him or engineer

what was that last map?

Fiar enough, I'd like to roll back to the old particle system for the flamethrower since the new one is odd.

my Map differs from the server again…

DO NOT place maps from retail TF2 into TF2V ifthey are stock valve maps. The build dates will differ and give this error. I suggest a fresh install or download the thing again and just take the maps out

Easier to delete the maps folder and drag it over from the archive again.

I just copy pasted from the tf2c maps folder

There's the problem

WEALMOSTHAVEAFULLSERVERGETINHEREFAGGOTS

jesus fuck

It's specifically caused by Soldier firing a rocket at a building and destroying it. I've just realized this after having it happen about 4 times today.

ITS HAPPENING

is it? i thought it was my graphic settings but even then turning shit down wasnt enough

It's tied to a decal, turn down models to low or medium and it should work for now.

15 Eniges in the intel room time

14 make tht

someone please tell me they recorded that 2fortgame

2fort is my city

fuck me I should have

I really should have

It was a good one

I've noticed the kukri issue also, it has happened with other weapons as well but is it not a server issue?

I've noticed the freezing, the pyro's flames are incredibly annoying when they don't register until I'm directly up against an enemy, however that doesn't seem to be the case all the time.

Also dev user, V3 when? I'm hoping that we can survive off that till I can produce a build that works properly. I might even try to add bot capability

kill me

anyone playing at this hour?

Joining serb for 15 minutes, if people don't come gonna leave.

I'm hopping on for a bit

ill be there, maybe practice my spy and sniper. im too rusty

Also Dev user just so you know I do compile all the builds and like I said the need for any folders named TF2C have been eliminated

Do you have the files for most compiled version? I only have the latest source, but not the .dlls and such. Once I can get those I can up V3.

they should be under the src folder gotta root around in there also I made it so my builds compile to TF2vintage only under the game in the root folder

people in serb, 4v4 at least, get in

10 on Holla Forumsintage fun

welp

Current workaround is to put your model settings to medium.

Do you know a more specific folder than just game? Inside game is 50 different folders.

TF2Vintage-master\Game\tf2vintage\bin

TF2Vintage-master\src\game\server\release_tf2vintage

TF2Vintage-master\src\game\client\release_tf2vintage

I don't have a tf2vintage/bin file, but I do have the .dlls in release_tf2vintage.

when I set parameters for compiling I made sure to remove anything TF2C related

gonna wipe those folders on a spare. Also nice Gelgoog

Right so I cleaned out the spare folder and did a clean build. and yeah my folder structure sticks the new dlls in a bin folder under game\tf2vintage

like I said my builds I posted have the dlls packaged there

Is there instructions somewhere describing what needs to be done?

google how to use a winewrapper

Also Devanon look at my last uploaded build, the bin file under game\tf2vintage is there so are the client and server dlls

So I actually finally field tested the client dll from my personal build and they run.

basically just go to the bin folder in what I packaged dev user and slap it into the v3

alright scratch that. I broke the beta muzzle flashes in my build. will try to repair that

No didn't break them, just the convarref to them is now broken so I gotta dig that up wherever it is and tell it where to look proper

See if you can find the call for the rocket launcher shit/buildings/decals as well if you can, that will solve the engineer crash issue.

got 4 fags in here, join us

the thing with the muzzle flash is the command works, but I can't find the ConvarRef hook

Also looking at the models it references the hwm, wasn't that causing the crash?

It's technically the buildables that was causing the crash, the hwm are fine as far as I'm aware.

I dunno where to look, I'm still trying to find out where the console variables references are stored because it's clearly not in the project otherwise my converting would have fixed that

I've got a question. Are scout legs fixed in this build? I kinda miss them being brokem.

I created a server but for some reason the enemy teams messages/voice isn't coming through despite alltalk being 1. If it was just voice it'd be an easy fix but it's also their typed messages. Weirdly, they can see my messages and see when I turn my mic on. Any ideas?

Delete this, I'm actually retarded. He was muted from a previous server.

We are going to fill up the server again today faggots, get ready

dropbox.com/s/5jobaipqfaehgoz/koth_erika.bsp?dl=0
First beta is out, porch monkeys.

Hey pip, it's lan only it says.

Got anymore screenshots?
it better have a hanging demoman or riot

Oh shit, next version.
There is a sekret tho.

nvm, bugs ahoy

yeah it's back to being bacon

I think the issue with the TF2V commands is tied to the gui but I dunno how to edit that. dev user since you've got this leg up on it you might need to fix it for me instead

Come join pip's server guys, good maps here

www.mediafire.com/file/9g4vzoazqc1jn61/tf2+maps.7z for the current maps, gonna update it soon-ish.

Yeah I have no idea how to edit menus so the TF2C options are broken in the menu. You can still enable them but the menu tries to set options that aren't there and I have no idea on how to change this

Check cfg/settings_default.scr and cfg/user_default.scr as well, the TF2C commands were in there. Delete user.scr and settings.scr if they exist.

righto. Actually if I can edit them it'll be better because I'd like to overhaul the menu itself. Maybe make the "Adv. options" button redundant.

The Adv Options button is already redundant, it's just the legacy method of doing configurations for source. Might as well strip out the button in V3.

well we still need it for sprays. I'll look into it

Nope. The spray issue is caused by the game constantly setting cl_logofile to cl_logofile "materials/vgui/logos/spray.vtf" every time the game boots up. This is circumvented by throwing a cl_logofile to your spray of choice in the autoexec or making your config.cfg read only.

that's actually insightful. But what I meant was the option should be still there so you can edit what your spray is through the GUI.

Also I found the file I think. Testing now

Some notes:

please port the ability to pitch hit/kill sounds up and down depending on the damage from Live TF2

AWWW YEAH THIS IS HAPPENIN'
So I figured out the issue it was a user setting file interferring with the settings of TF2V_model_muzzleflash

So you technically just have to delete the user.scr file. using V2R1 as a base I fixed it. So problem solved dev user

as an update fixed it even further by finding out the overall issue. pushing my fix inna moment with this the only thing left to change would be the TF2 Classic options text in the menu itself

cfg/user_default.scr, category 6 is called #TF_OptionCategory_Classic in the setting. Since it's a # it calls to localization which is the resource/tf2vintage_[language].txt files. That's also where #Arena_Cap should be for koth_nucleus next update.

yeah I saw that, a first attempt had an issue where the client crashed after editing. I had to rebuild some things and it works now.

Uploading to mediafire. I really ought to build a separate TF2V client for "experimental" builds

mediafire.com/file/60pyep1oepetdw6/TF2Vintage_Zgok_7-26-2017.7z

build and client stored under game\tf2vintage
I basically just 7zip all the files including the VBS environment

oh thank god, I thought I was just that bad after not playing for so long

Well I can check. I think it's not so much the flamethrower, but the particles itself.

Funny enough Halo actually handles the flamethrower better. In HPC the flamethrower actually attaches invisible hurtboxes to the particles as the fire whooshes out, it's how even the flame on the ground can hurt players if stepped on.

Someone needs to make a new thread. This one's bumplocked.

we wait until we reach page 13

400 posts or page 13 IIRC
Also, any ETA on the next update on Moddb?

waiting on TF2V dev user to push out v3
My builds I'm submitting are just updates to the code so TF2Cucks can't be salty and rename their folders

We need to fix up the OP by thew way

I could die happy.

I'd love to try and emulate Halo's flamethrower in TF as it'd make pyro a bit more versatile but that's adding custom content essentially

Anyone want to join?

Would give me an excuse to try out Hammer and fiddling around with TF2, couldn't be too hard to register walls as particle colliders, I mean they already do to an extent.

forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=251870
Pip take a look here

Seems like the build I posted lacked the removal of the DM command. fixed and doing a bit more work.

no one playing? or are we all waiting for an update?

helping pip with setting up his fun server, also I think Revision 1 broke the text in the options

alrighty. also new thread soon?

About 40 replies left to it

It wouldn't be in Hammer, it'd be in the Particle Editor. I just added a "Collision via traces" constraint to get these results. I think this only affects the particles; the hurtbox is probably the same.

that's actually neat

So nothing stops you for booting a DM map in vintage. but without the handler for the actual mode it just loads the map and it's in a broken state. TF2Cucks can keep getting upset I guess. But if/when v3 comes out they'll have to actually download our client for their passive aggressive shit

Do you needany help in testing?

Anyone want to play?

im down

join Holla Forumsintage fun then

Not really no. my experimental builds are meant to see if anything I change actually will work in game.

Also sappy someone is trying to set up a fun server that runs shit like dodgeball and whatnot but after trouble shooting neither I nor him could get TF2 attrib or any other plugins to work. Anyone got a suggestion on this?

It's no different to what the TF2C dev did when he implemented airblast.

For those who don't know, he made it so airblast works by adding to the target's current velocity instead of just setting a new one.

End result is half of your airblasts don't even push your target back because their velocity cancels out the airblast's.

Do we know how TF2 handle's airblast?

Live TF2 sets the velocity instead of adding to it. In other words no matter what direction or how fast a player is going they will always be pushed away from the pyro in the same angle at the same speed when they get airblasted.

This isn't exactly realistic (scouts would actually slow down if they were airblasted in the direction they were already running) and I know loads of people complained about the way valve's airblast worked. But the way the TF2C dev did this is not a better alternative.

so wouldn't it be easy to just rewrite the velocity or possible override it with what the airblast puts out?

The problem I see in the coding is that it seems like TF2C calls it relative to movement while it should be a constant rate. It might be possible to add it as a type of cvar to choose between TF2 and TF2C types of airblasts.

I say leave it as it is, but somebody please for the love of god, show me the actual cone or area where airblast takes effect.

oh that's easy there's actually a console command for that, but it's for debugging purposes meaning you can't turn it on in a server that isn't yours.

fair enough point. but adding that would mean extra bits of code I may not be able to produce

So yeah in my experimental build I broke DM heavily. maps load but the gametype doesn't actually function

I'm fine with that, I just want to see how much leeway I have.

4v4 at goldrush, come join

tf2c_debug_airblast

turn on sv_cheats. Fore my builds all TF2C variables are TF2V. though to needlessly complicate things maybe I'd just go and remove the TF2V altogether and make it "debug_airblast"

don't work
I just made this server

try tf2v i dunno look up
"TF2" and see waht auto complete gives you

oh well found the issue. it's disabled unless I add another flag to it. I guess for understanding purposes I can renable it

All it has is "tf2c_airblast" and "tf2c_airblast_players"
I did find this video though and it was pretty… educational.

Airblast is that big? it seems so tiny in game?

I know, the same guy also made this video (on top of a shitload of other tf2 analysis videos). His sounds like one of the guys who plays with us/develops tf2v.

his name*

gonna work on a new OP and pastebin it

We should really get a discord

No, that's going to create circlejerking and faggotry. ultimately it's TF2V dev's call but I'm against it because then we'll stop making these threads and the mod will more or less die out

I disagree. A discord at this state would cause what says

Set your models to medium

Discords are insta-cancer

No. Discord inevitably leads to faggotry.
It ain't anonymous.

While we wait for a thread to die, here's a little reminder about Valve's incompetence. Check the video description for details.

That's neat! I'll have to sift through some fpsbanana tuts to figure things out.

Agreed

You should really get the fuck out.

so for the new paste should I axe the old build mega dl links or throw them in a compiled archive?

stop right there, criminal scum

can someone post the Revemu tut or the archived threads?

Playing ctf_2bine on my server, come join!

archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni

NEW THREAD

All spawnroom problem were solved by the respawn room trigger in blu was actually set to red.

nicknine is a dev on TF2C and the one who ported TF2 2007 to Source 2013.

did u mean tf2c?