I like Fire Emblem but I want to play other SRPGs. Is there any in particular that I should try?

I like Fire Emblem but I want to play other SRPGs. Is there any in particular that I should try?

Other urls found in this thread:

mantan-web.jp/article/20140731dog00m200059000c.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ogre Battle
Valkyria Chronicles

dragon force 1 & 2, wochenroder, shining force series

also rondo of swords

Advance Wars could be right up your alley. They're both made by the same guys.

I just came here to remind everyone that Galko fucks niggers on a regular basis.

Try the Langrisser series. It's hard for me to go back to Fire Emblem after playing these games. It's like FE, but every character has their own squad of Advance Wars-like units.

Galko a shit. Play Front Mission.

Vandal Hearts
Tactics Ogre
Also this

What took you so long?

Shining Force 2

Advanced Wars
Ogre Battle
FF tactics
DOn't bother with shining force, its complete and utter shit
Front mission

Definitely Front Mission and Disgaea series. You can skip the first 3 Disgaea games and go straight into 4 or 5. None of them are connected story wise besides D2.

Rondo of Swords was pretty cool. Never finished it though.

Super Robot Wars

I want to fuck Galko, also Advance Wars

I'd say Disgaea 1 is worth playing for the chemistry between Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, though I wish their characters had developed a bit more over time than they did.

This

Tear Ring Saga and Bearwick Saga
:^)

Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions
(avoid the FFT Advance series)

I thought it was just me, I couldn't get into it for the life of me. Were they really that bad?

The Judge system in the first and the general gameplay in the second (coupled with the main character design) kills it for me.

I'll start with something nobody mentioned. Stella Glow is good, but it takes a lot of resilience to finish the game because it's super slow. It's not the "requires grind" type which can be made acceptable if you feel the progression and I like that in some sorts of games, like SRPGs, it's just very slow. At first you'llbe like"man, it's better than Fire Emblem" until the realisation hits you that it isn't. It'd be better if the devs had more time to perfect it, but they unfortunately bankrupted before it was truly finished. It's definitely worth a try, though. Most of the hours I've spent on it were great, but it gets very slow later. Voice acting in English is really top notch, the characters are likeable.

Besides that Disgaea. It requires grind for post-game content but I like that sort of thing and the games are nice. The story/characters are good in D1 if that's what you're after and the other games never even get close in this regard, but the gameplay is less advanced there. Laharl actually developed throughout the game, character interactions were fun, Captain Gordon was a fucking gem and it's a shame he never returned with a HD sprite for some reason. I'd recommend playing Disgaea 1 and only finishing the main story with the good ending before going for some newer ones like advises.

Is there an english Bearwick Saga patch?
Also, Vantage Master is pretty fun, it is strategy RPG magic the gathering and has local mutliplayer.

Try out Wakfu. It's a f2p MMO with tactical turnbased combat.

It is a fun game, but the monetization scheme sorta sucks as you progress, and the devs constantly fuck up shit with rebalancing, so it is best played as a casual game.

A guy is working on it right now, he is posting updates on his tumblr

If you aren't afraid of little challenge you can try Gungnir or Yggdra Union.

Got any sources on that claim of yours or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

You can play an actual strategy game and get to play Advance Wars you dumb nigger lover. SRPGs are strategy games for manlets.
Also AW ain't an RPG.
This is now a dubs thread.

It just looks like a more autistic and gayer version of Fire Emblem. Kys lad.

Summon Night
Black/Matrix

I dig SRPGs because they blend gameplay with stories properly. Yeah, those stories are sappy, but every choice you make impacts the overall narrative.

Well, Tear Ring is (((complete))), but Bearwick is still being done.

Why do people do this?

If you are into mecha you could try SRW or SD gundam.

found the cuck

I want to fuck Galko in the ass.

terrible tastes

The only thing it compares to FE gameplay is terrain buffs, tile based movement, and animations. In SRW every unit you have is unique and comes with their own skills and moveset instead of just being a class with different growths and skills. When being attacked, you are given the choice to counter attack, defend, or take your chance to evade it if you're confident about your evasion stat compared to their accuracy. You can buff your characters and yourself while your skills either have ammo or a total energy pool where the unit becomes useless once they're drained. You can make units fly to take advantage of not being hindered by terrain or land to gain terrain bonuses. Unlike FE, every mission has a submission too.

It's hardly similar to FE. Besides, the unique animations is one of the reasons people enjoyed the GBA FE games. And they were extra exaggerated compared to the rest of the series.

I was recommending 4 and 5 because they're so superior design wise.

Wouldn't AW be a Tactical game while strategy games have real time movement like Warcraft 3 and Ages of Mythology?

Stat based mechanics not being a sole representation of visual effects. If it was like that, Gundam 00 mobile suits would simply wipe the floor with everything. However, there are bosses that will instantly end the game if they use a certain move I think.

And if OP was black?

?

Honestly SRW was everything I wanted after playing FE. The one thing that would make it perfect is a level editor, I'd love to be able to make my own maps and scenarios.

Russian tactical strategy with some of the most detailed guns in a game with a very in-depth combat system. Not strictly SRPG, but worth playing.

If you recommend this, might as well say Silent Storm.

heh

test

I honestly hate FE. My favorite SRPG is SMT:DS but I hate the ending (so much chaosfag dick sucking). What I hated is how the RPG elements get in the way of the strategy elements.

Super robot wars is great, but christ almighty these cutscenes are getting way too long.

Anyways, i'd have to reccomend Shining Force, the III trilogy + platinum disk is one of the most solid turn based strategy games ever made

post more galko

Nothing is stopping you from following the one sane character user, you should have listened.

Maybe if law ever lead to any other final goal other then sit on a block for eternity people would pick it more.

That looks intedesting, I might emulate it on psp…
Fug
I mean it does have a PSX version, but I looks so blurry compared to Saturn. I remember there was some other PSP SRPG with very similar artstyle presented on game's cover.
And is that a character from the Chaniki shmups?

Also SRW is the shit, play Alpha Gaiden

Just play the SNES version. It's super easy to emulate. It doesn't look as good as some of the other versions, but the gameplay is just as good and there's no hassle. It's the only version that has a translation patch as far as I know.

You're probably thinking of Growlanser. It's made by the same people, but the games are completely different from the Langrisser series.

For some reason SNES emulators are all fucky on PSP. Some freeze in a menu, some freeze if you spend too much time in a menu, some launch a game into an eternal black screen and some don't start at all.
yeah, that's the one, thanks
Did the artist draw some ecchi or hentai in the 90's? It all looks too familiar.

Yeah, and he's also responsible for the best animated hentai in existence.

No.

post more otako too

that shark tooth girl was the best, too bad she was only in one episode

Can anyone remind of the upcoming SRPG that has card battle elements? I forgot its name…

Its in the manga too, I think. The creator confirmed it on twitter.

Oh wow the suppose best girl is a coal burner.

Japs have an exotic fascination with niggers. But obviously they don't know or understand what they're really like.

Der Langrisser

Not in my anime and VNs!

Maybe in some NTR anime or shit like Black Lagoon, you an't going to see niggers in KyoAni and Khara anime.

But he looks like this!

Never said they include them in anime. Just that Japan has a fascination with them. Don't shill anime studios for little reason.

Yes and no. The first Disgaea has the best characters and plot. but you can skip it because plot is not honestly the selling point of Disgaea

The post game content requires grind but the main game dose not. Plus once you see how the systems of the game works you can get totally wrapped up into the grinding because its genuenly done in a fun way.

Everything I would have suggested has already been covered
never could get into Ogre Battle, haven't played Front Mission Yet.
not the greatest but it's a TRPG with a waifu gimmick. Who ever you marry determines your Child's skills and stats. As the name suggest the War goes on for multiple Generations.

Yeah, they have such a facination with them that they don't let in Somalians like Sven does in Sweden!

I made this just for this thread.

Wesnoth.

www.wesnoth.org

Is this proven real or is this another stupid meme based on how similarly their names both sound?

inb4 I was just pretending to be retarded

mantan-web.jp/article/20140731dog00m200059000c.html

that's a mistranslation. what she really says is that he was "cool" not "handsome" confirmed not coalburner

Japs, and East Asians in general, really don't care for niggers. There's a reason they take the place of orcs in doujins for less fantasy-oriented series. Jap exoticism is for roundeyes.

whats da matta white boi??? shes ours now….once you go black you aint neva goin back ya feel me?

Does anyone actually like Galko? Especially as a waifu? Everything about her says "whore," even for Nip culture the undertones are pretty strong there.

Shit, I was wrong in assuming people were just memeing. Well that fucking clown kanye is well known around the world. Can't believe the author of Full Metal Panic listens to kanye, I'm almost disgusted.

The joke is that she looks like a whore, but she's actually a pure virgin.

It's not confirmed anything because japanese is a shit language. I guess we'll never know the intended meaning.

what does this even mean? Who is Mr. Koto and why does google give me this image when I search his name? I don't watch much anime.

why don't you kids keep your autism back on /a/?

It's not Koto, it's Gatou , the author of the LN. Basically the author snuck names of the hip-hop artists he liked into the story.

Also if you're going to use Google translate, remove the quote arrows first. That seems to give a better translation for some reason.

Nah, kakkoi is generally tied to male attractiveness.
However there is a difference between finding a nigger actor attractive and actually jumping the nearest nigger like so many kids are implying here.

My first experience into the genre.

Gyaru's are actually nip whores that dye their hair odd colors, wear slutty clothing and wear slut metal.

Their names are just a pun of nog rappers, kind of like how alot of the girls in Eva have WW2 boat names.

That's the whole manga. Everyone looks like they fit into a certain social class but they're all actually just nice people.

i haven't read/watched it but fans of it tell me she's a very pure girl who's also a big dummy and doesn't realize the connotations of her gyaru style

Is the game supposed to be this slow?
And is it not on Genesis as well?

Jagged Alliance 2.
Or not. It's gonna spoil you for tactical RPGs for the rest of your life and you'll never be able to look at anything west of 7.62 as anything but children toys.

galko is for fug not for hug

its essentially SJW shit, no wonder the only people who like it are sjweebs

A lot of people hate her but she doesn't really push her ending that much and it fits in the theme of survival.

The game removed demon alignments and ended up with more chaosfag dick sucking than the mainline title. In the Megami Tensei games, Lucifer is basically Jesus in everything but name. SMT turn Lucifer and Satan into two separate characters for some fucking reason.

Then there is fucking 8th day with the Super Hyper Friendship Ending - Lucifer is a cool dude Edition.

SMT4 sounds pretty fucking terrible but I don't give a fuck about it not riding chaosfag dick with their Demi-Nigger is the strongest protag evar because he fought Lucifer to a draw while Aleph killed God regardless what alignment that he picks.

I want a galko phone game

explain
from what described, it sounds more like people giving in to peer pressure than anything, typical highschool drama

The guy's just being an ass. Galko-chan is just about highschool girls talking about random stuff, not fitting into specific molds, lewd jokes, boobs, and cuteness. That's it. It's not a drama and it's definitely not SJW. It's just a silly comedy.

just to add to the list

luminous arc 1 and 2 (DS)
3 never got a translation
Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) utter shit
stella glow (3DS) mediocre

What is the difference between an SRPG and a TRPG?

its dragon maid

There's no lesbians.

nips call it srpg
west calls it trpg

japanese learner here. what are the characters coming out besides her? I figure they would use hiragana and write どや . Are they some kind of onomatopeia?

otako

Explain FF Tictacs then

The show itself gets the credit for being probably one of the most anatomically accurate animes I've ever seen when it comes to speaking about the human body in passing. Otherwise the show is harmless and Galko alongside a few other side characters are really cute.

Ah, well in that case I would recommend the Age of Decadence if OP doesn't mind western games.

isn't it great how it represents REAL women and not fake anime women?

Goddamn just post the roll image so we could all be happy

I guess? It still has indulgent qualities of a regular anime but atleast its more factual?

I'll recommend that to people who are either fans of VNs or TRPGs but dislike CRPGs.

Yeah, like the cute girl with big tits that's saving herself for marriage. 3DPD as fuck.

Pirate Disgaea for an emulator or a cracked/homebrew console of whatever system has the "true" version, or get it second hand.

NISA (guys who localize all of NIS games) have fucked up royally on occasions. Not just bad VAs or inaccurate translations I liked what I saw of Disgaea 4 though, but game breaking or even console bricking glitches. First game got a PC re-release with all the extra features (I think) so wait a few years and 4/5 will be on PC.

The schtick with Disgaea is also to beat the game normally and get an ending. Then go to new game +, use in-game shenanigans to make enemies stronger and get another ending. Then rince and repeat until you're fighting secret bosses who are level 9999. You can do it during your first run, but it's not advised. Same as doing Item Worlds to make the equipment better or Character Worlds to teach them skills they can't usually get or boost stats. It's a level of autism you never knew was possible.

I want to protect Desco and help her become a final boss

the red characters are katakana ド(do) ヤ (ya) ン (n) looks like

onomatopeia is sometimes written in katakana for like, emphasis or something. I'm not an expert

And it never got the sequel it deserved, probable for the best as the start hinted towards NTR and rape, supposed antagonist was ugly as sin.

Tear Ring is basically a quality fire emblem clone.

I tried playing Langrisser IV on my PSP and it is soooooooo god damn slow.
NO, NO I DO NOT, YOUR TEXT BOX IS THE ONLY THING VISIBLE RIGHT NOW, O SPIRIT OF THE BOOK!
yeah naw

I'll try this instead

Watched a couple episodes of Galko, it's kinda silly, clearly aimed at girls, but it's still funny and something different.

Yeah, playing Tear Ring Saga feels right up my alley. Especially the option to turn off the cinematic battle mode and stick to sprite animations (I am not a patient man).
Playing this just now made me realize that a Civil war era or even a Wild West setting could make for a good or at the very least interesting game
I'll get to it when I beat nuXCOM.
I don't know why the american civil war even came up in my head, I know next to nothing about it. Maybe it's because the screenshots from this new game Ultimate General: Civil War made me think it was a real bird's eye view, as in the weather and cloud shadows are all visible. I unno, I'm just rambling at this point.
Thanks for suggesting Tear Ring Saga, I'm enjoying it right now (wish the colors were a bit brighter, just like my favorite animes)