Fighting games

Fighting games VS others. Why? Isn't fighting vs AI good enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/19/mika-too-sexy-espn-fuudo-forced-change-character-costume-evo-finals/
techraptor.net/content/espn-censors-street-fighter-v-at-evo-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

depends on the game, go play Mortal Kombat 2 arcade and see for yourself.

Good fighting games have AIs that hold you off enough to make the purchase worth it, but eventually even the hardest AI will seem utterly predictable to you and you'll want proper multiplayer.

No, it's not.

The whole point of fighting games is to engage in a battle of wits against other people. It's to try to outwit the opponent. Beating up on the AI can be fun in its own right, but it isn't the point of fighting games. AI opponents are stupid and will fall for things that human opponents NEVER will; for example, you can simply walk up to them and command grab them, or do a super from full-screen distance that they'll just stand there and get hit by. Then they'll also do things that are cheap, such as reading your controller inputs so that they can immediately one-frame counter them with higher priority attacks, something that no human opponent could ever do.

Also there is already a thread for fighting games you dumb faggot

It is for me but then again I play FGs largely for single player and for the story and atmosphere.

Why are there people who cannot possibly grasp the fact that playing some games with human opponents instead of AI opponents is infinitely more fun? So caught up in your antisocial "grrr only normalfags do that" delusion.

I want to fuck Cammy

I play exclusively single player till I can beat the game in the hardest mode without continuing. Then I start trying the online.

I know other people just go from training mode to online mode and viceversa, but that's just not my thing.

Chun is better

Fighting AI usually doesn't cut it. It's fun to mess around with, but the meat of fightan can only be experienced with real people.

Killer Instinct Shadow Lab is the best offline fighting mode of all fighting games. Basically AI copies combos and setups from a player and then you fight this "shadow".
Tough im not much of an offline player since i mostly go from training to online as well.

Because fighting against computer-controlled "human" opponents is awful. If you win, it's because it allows you to, since it could react faster/aim better than any person could ever hope.

to answer your question, have you ever played a game where you had an ai enemy and you had to learn their patterns in order to beat them? In fighters against ai you can basically figure out tricks to beat the computer and once you learn those tricks you can't really lose to them anymore. At that point there is no reason to really continue. When you replace that artificial person with a real person, a person who has their own way of thinking, their own circumstances, their own responses. It becomes interesting, you can no longer predict everything they will do, you can no longer use the same strategy that beat the AI to win because people are unpredictable. That is part of the fun, trying to win against someone with no real idea of how they will respond. The entire premise of playing fighters is to become solid at them to the point that you can minimize the randomness and win against many real opponents who all think and play differently, to show your style at the top. This use to be a fundamental part of street fighter looking back at older titles but in the most recent one its much harder to really have a unique playstyle that can really express yourself. But there are many other fighting games that don't take away that freedom and finding the one that has the right mix of things that you truly enjoy while battling against someone near yourself in skill level aka a rival is one of the most enjoyable parts of the genre.

Didn't some version of Mortal Kombat on PS1 had an AI that took reading player inputs to another level entirely? How do you defend that?

MK1 through to Ultimate had BS AI that read your inputs. Arcade versions are the worst.

He said "human opponents", not friends. In your rush to be some smug memetic asshole you've only made yourself look like a regular asshole.

MK1 had nothing on Geese Howard.
Do you like fireballs that chop off 40% of your HP?

Looks like you've never played Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution or Virtua Fighter 5's Quest Mode.

Discuss this.

MK1 is the easiest, MK2 is when it gets ridiculous that no moves work on the AI after the 4th or 5th stage so you have to trick it and cheese your way to victory.

But mah arcade mode?

What is there to discuss

Because outside of VF4 and 5, the AI does not even try to ape how humans of various levels of expertise would play the game and in the end even the hardest AI can be exploited after finding out exactly how it reacts to certain attacks and/or movements.

Get a good friend and play guilty gear +R as sparring partners. It's what I've done for about a year.

There's no greater joy than completely crushing someone that's trying their absolute hardest against you.

Before my PS3's HDD broke, I had every single piece of ragemail I ever got through fightan games saved like a trophy room.

/thread

/unthread

Footsies!
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

Shoryuken

I love the fighting game lore! Their personalities. The character design. The stories!

Wow FUNNNY LOGO ON GIRL ASS XDDDDDDD

fuck off pedofaggot

More to the point, those are the logos of the companies that deemed Cammy's default costume of 25 goddamn years "too racy" for broadcast.

Have we already forgotten about Juri's costume change? Or all the bullshit with R. Mika's Peach Assault? If Capcom and pals assume eSports is where the bottom line is at they'll radially castrate themselves to comply… then again after the launch of SFV I guess that's hardly a surprise.

Never forget that (((mainstream media))) are a bigger threat to vidya tiddies than kvetching feminists could ever hope to be.

Trust me, I haven't.

R.Mika was similarly censored in 2016. Who is going to get censored in 2018? Laura? Juri?

Jesus, what kind of stupid question is that?

VERSUS all the way

Why is ESPN showing esports in the first place?

Thats a good question, their general audience doesnt seem to like it either.

Because they are floundering and can't even show real sports anymore. They are losing everything ever since Fox brought out all sorts of sports channels and such.

Such injustice need not and must not be suffered.

And why would anyone interested in ESPN need to have content censored? Don't they have like Card Girls and cheerleaders and whatnot?

Could not agree more.

Because they like seeing one character being locked into a corner?

This guy deserves a fucking medal.

No, it isn't. Are you fucking retarded? No AI in the world can compare to a top level player. Why must OP always be a faggot?

dayum

That's so fucking retarded, even if espn didn't want to see that kind of stuff, crapcom could've simply added a "tournament mode" in the settings to optionally add the censorship rather than removing everything altogether and ruin things for everyone.

They need the money

Old-school games tournament! (see youtube vid)

ESPN is a whore? Got it!

Sweet ass!

Quote:
Xrd's PC version's input delay puts the game in a unique situation: PC online input delay in cross country connections can be less than or equal to tournament standard offline PS4 input delay.

AMERICA.. FOK YEAH

I bet they're trying to "reel in the youngsters" with shit like this as no one that watches other sports on there gives a single fuck about video games. And so, since their imagined "audience" are going to be "young people" they think they need to censor the shit out of things to make sure angry soccer moms don't come hawking at them.

At least, that's the most sense I can make out of this retardation.

Seems about right. Im even willing to bet it was Capcom themselves asking for the censorship, not ESPN.

No, it was ESPN. In Evo 2016, ESPN forced Fuddo to change his R. Mika default costume and in Evo 2017 ESPN forced Kazunoko to change his Cammy default costume.

eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/19/mika-too-sexy-espn-fuudo-forced-change-character-costume-evo-finals/

techraptor.net/content/espn-censors-street-fighter-v-at-evo-2017

Of course, ESPN has no problem broadcasting women's beach volleyball or showing cheerleaders and ring girls. Fucking hypocrites. That said, Capcom is still to blame for being so damn thirsty for shitty eSports money and I'm glad to see it failing miserably for them.

Maybe at an arcade in the past but people live on videogames 24/7 now.

Shit, I didn't even hear about it happening to Kazunoko this year. I try not to pay attention to the shitshow Capcom games have become. That's just fucked man.

ESPN's ball games are no longer in demand. Video games' superior entertainment has taken up everyone's time, and TV is considered trash these days and the news isn't helping.

ESPN is a TV network. So yep.

Yeah, this year's censorship bullshit is the reason behind the "Branded Cammy" joke in I think someone even went and made an in-game mod for the PC version.

Well, this. Certain genres are only fun against real players because they are about outplaying the enemy. RTS and Fighting threads are in my opinion not fun to play against AI:

No multiplayer centric games can be good ever, because enjoyment increases when played with other people. Is that what you're saying?

yep, easiest mod ever…

Impose your will!

free space should be "Only the government can censor"

I'm kinda against this mod because doesn't it kinda still advertise for ESPN and Disney?