What are some games where you can have AI controlled sidekicks/pets/summons?

What are some games where you can have AI controlled sidekicks/pets/summons?
Bonus points if you can have more than one.

Does FF12 count?

sidekicks suck

I find them interesting and fun to develop if they have levels and their own inventory/equipment.

The companions in SWTOR were one of its better features.

That was a great addition to LF2.

Zombasite.
It's a hack 'n slash where you recruit your own AI companions to your clan amidst a fantasy zombie apocalypse. Companions come with variety of classes, skills and quirks (even fucking GAY). They can fight amongst themselves, they can form relationships. They level up and have their own equipment. You can also adventure with them or even raid other clans with them. Or solo.

Basically the majority of RPGs.
I mean, that's not exactly a niche feature to have in vidya, user.

My nigga

Majesty

Wizards vs giant spiders and wargs.

Post some

Please stop talking about this game.

Very original, nobody ever thought of that

How dare a game with good gameplay come from Japan, right? Now for us westaboos going back to playing Mass Effect Androgynous

What's with DD suddenly triggering a bunch of autists?

Same thing that's happening with Nier Automata. It's just an easy way to get (You)s.

Haunting Ground is a favorite of mine, and you have commands you can give Hewie so it's not 100% AI controlled.

Diablo II is the most famous example. As Necromancer and Druid you have tons of summons. The necro used to be able to have 30 or 40 skeletons out, easily. Additionally everyone can recruit a mercenary and equip them. You can use neat combos like, as a mage, giving your merc a weapon which increases allied mana regen.

EYE is almost beneath mention here. It's not really a staple of the game. Hacking is such a pain it's rarely worth it for purposes of getting followers. The PSI clones don't last long enough to be a tactic, though I guess it is "free" if you don't mind the effort of refreshing it all the time.

How deep is the army thing in M&B?

What?

It's the main focus of the game.

DotA 2