Is Cliffy B going to finally kill himself once this ends up a bigger flop than Battleborn?

Is Cliffy B going to finally kill himself once this ends up a bigger flop than Battleborn?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8wrpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

would be nice

Based on homosexual suicide statistics - yes he will.

when you have nothing to show off from the game itself so you gotta show off your fucking in-game bathroom sign.

the open beta for this probably killed half of its sales out the gate cuz it was so broken out of the box

It also had a peak of 7500 players which is pathetic for a game trying to take on Overweeb

This pic sure is something.

(checked)

I still remember when they showed this at E3 last year and he just flat out said "It's not balanced" when the host tried to turn the conversation towards class differences. The guy just kinda looked at the camera in amazement for a few seconds and then they right back to buzzwords.

which is a gigantic mistake since blizzard owns the "hero shooter' market. on top of that initially lawbreakers advertised itself as "DUDE ITS 2K1 GAMING JUST LIKE THOSE ARENA SHOOTERS YOU NEVER FUCKING PLAYED" and now it wants to be overwatch

t. sargon

His Chinese investors will kill him when the game fails to break even months after even with paid cosmic shit.

Isn't the publisher korean?

um, thats helix (wraith) shooting at sunshine (harrier) with hellion (assassin) grappling in the background

This game has memorable characters dude, get their names right.

This ironic meta baiting is going too far now.

Why have "hero shooters" become a meme genre now when tf2 existed for almost a decade?

TF2 is not a "hero shooter" it's class based.

Is there really any difference besides an ability button?

Dota infects everything.

It's the same fucking thing, Jesus Christ, we've had heroes in class based shooters since battlefront was made.

Pozwatch is a tf2 rip off, and it wasn't until it came out that this new genre emerged despite the blueprint being there for almost a decade.

It's not a new genre if nothing about it is new.

Yes. For one, class based shooters have no class limit, whereas hero shooters do.

battlefront was not a hero shooter, it was class based and sometime you could become overpowered for a bit for fun.

Cool concept ruined by muh diversity once again.

Also that wraith guy plays like fucking cod:aw, fucking cancer, that's enough to put me off from playing the game.

i'd argue against that because anything in the 'hero' shooter spectrum has skills/ults/cooldowns

What is day of defeat?

tf2 had skills/cooldowns and they took the ult idea from cod's killstreaks.

A game I never played

Not really. The only thing on a cool down is ubercharge, and the only thing you could call a skill is scout's double jump. They are not pervasive in the game.

Nah. Battleborn is going to be the flop of the decade.

Isn't an ult just one really powerful ability?

Going back to,
So the difference is the ability button?

jesus christ

BLESZINSKI

tired of this fad

It's more of a design philosophy, but it boils down to that. In games like TF2, battlefront, or battlefield, classes are distinguished by their passive attributes, weapons, and equipment( often deployables of some sort). In a hero shooter, they are more often distinguished by passives and signature active abilities that do have a designated button.

There is no necessary functional difference between an ability with a cooldown, and a weapon with a refire time

It's just marketing. Stop being retarded. People just don't want to call OW a TF2 clone, so Global Agenda, Firefall etc retroactively became "Hero Shooters" because "muh abilities are so different"

This. Abilities are basically just weapons with a designated button and cooldown instead of an ammo count

Firstly the gimmick of having an area with low gravity will kill this game. The press Q to win thing from Overwatch is an acceptable gimmick for normalfags. The floating around thing isn't, just like how the confusing MOBA bullshit from Battleborn put people off. Funnily enough shitty gravity is one of the things that ruined the last Borderlands game so there's another connection.

Secondly the character design is very poor. Battleborn made the same mistake but at least they were recognisable. In this game however they all have the same silhouettes. The image in the OP is a great example of poor design. It's mostly monotone with only some colours here and there. Very boring and unoriginal. That black woman with the pink heart thing is absolutely horrendous. I know very autistic people will defend it, just like they defend Battleborn's historically awful character design, but the fact remains that normalfags will instantly reject it, just like they did with Battleborn.

What a fucking loser.

this shirt is problematic

I can't even begin to comprehend all these layers of irony

That nigger is seriously visually unappealing. As is everything else in that picture. This is the spiritual successor to Battleborn.

lol are you gay?
do you hate pussy that much?

Yes that's true, but thing is, most class shooters don't have refire times, whereas hero shooters have MOBA-esque cool downs and ability buttons.

I swear to God if I see one more stronk womyn of color in an upcoming videogame I'm going to go out and shoot someone

Please do it, you'd be doing us all a service.

This was the funniest thing about E3: everyone tried to be different but they all ended up being the same.

Every shooter has refire times. It's called the fire rate of your gun. Every "heavy" weapon, even if it doesnt have to reload for the full duration, will come with a refire time.

Additionally, GA, Firefall, MNC, SMNC, Battlefield Heroes, Warframe, etc. etc. etc. all had abilities before OW came out, and were called class based shooters. In fact, pretty much everything that OW does has been done already, and most of it can be found in one of the listed games.

Literally the only reason why "Hero Shooter" exists is due to marketing. It's a pointless distinction so that people can feel like Blizzard doesn't make derivative games

Ahah, I agree with you my fellow gentleman *tips fedora*

are you fucking with me?

I'm glad it exists, so I can avoid anything trying to ape overwatch.

what is this autism in the bottom right

From the thumbnail in the catalog it looked like you posted Vanquish, so pretty much everything said about character design is on the mark.
Seriously though, at least Battleborn's bad designs were distinctly Battleborn, this shit looks like content that was cut from Vanquish for good reason.

Go back to your hole Holla Forums. Everyone knows that it's you.
archive.is/8wrpk

Racism? On Holla Forums? What absolute twaddle! That is simply preposterous!

*tips stahlhelm*

Thanks to you I won my "mention of Holla Forums" bet, and on the first reply too.

"are you fucking with me"
No
Mechanically, your time between using something once, and using something twice, is the fucking same whether you're pressing m1 or pressing Q. Everything else is ultimately window dressing. Titanfall 2 has weapons you have to wait to refire while they "recharge", but that doesn't make it part "Hero Shooter"
If I were to make a fighting game where instead of having recovery frames in the conventional sense, I had them done with a little cooldown circle, and then made that window longer, that doesnt make it a new thing. It's just a shittier version of the same thing. A 1s cooldown rocket ability isnt really functionally distinct from a rocket launcher I have to "reload" for 1s until we get into other mechanics (switch times, ammo counts etc), and since we already had games that forgo those other mechanics but did not inspire a new "genre" name, it's pretty safe to say the name is just for shills and blizzcucks
The term is a better retard magnet than it is a descriptor, and you're better off just looking at gameplay/literally any promotional material to find out if something is "trying to ape overwatch" or not

Oh yes, you are definitely from there

I never posted there, I just thought it would be the easier way to get someone using the Holla Forums strawman, it's so predictable.

lol filtered

There's that damn afro nigger again. Anyway, how are normalfags reacting to this? I keep forgetting this exists until anons mention it.

pic related. This was too easy

Truly the DSP of boards.