Unplaned GameNight: Joint Operations

Server name: 88th Taticool Division
Joint Operations is a multiplayer tactical shooter made by NovaLogic that can handle up to 64 players. Why should I play? 30+ different maps up to 64 square km 35+ different vehicles 44 different weapons God knows how many maps 110% TACTICOOL.

After installing and updating both Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising and it's expansion pack Joint Operations: Escalation,
you need to download GameRanger and Holla Forumsmod 1.1. Look through GameRanger to find a Joint Operations: Escalation room.
Download links are provided at the bottom.

It'll be obvious when you download GameRanger. Just make sure to host Joint Operations: Escalation because it has more goodies than the base games. Also to

Just read the readme files.

While they are already included in all the downloads, I've also uploaded them to ghostbin.
If you run into any issues check tweakguides.com/JointOps_7.html first.

DOWNLOADS
GameRanger: gameranger.com/
mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg, V-Mod-Files-V2.7z [Holla Forumsmod 1.1] contained inside; password : file-name ,includes added the original file so it is easier to replace if needed]
sha256 :1de6e84d1bc87e946eb14e1698a9c0bb47abd94cb1ceff922a557df327040aa4

Holla Forumsmod 1.1 (INSTRUCTIONS for original download merged with details for V-Mod-Files-V2.7z): ghostbin.com/paste/5nd26

Suggestion for hosts, change [mp_allowsniperscopezoom] = 0 to 1, located in game.cfg inside the root folder for Joint Ops.

As Novalogic disabled sniperzoom in multiplayer for supposly balancing reasons.

Thanks to the user who created the orginal OP.

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/135996/how-to-create-a-vpn-server-on-your-windows-computer-without-installing-any-software/
dynvpn.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'l rehost in the morning seeing as I obviously choose a bad time.

Bump for interest

Had fun fucking around in OpenSpades last week, looking forward to JOing with you guys later.

Is meme team 6 back on the clock?
Did you check the files in the op?

Back on the clock and if you check to see if they are still up then yes when I checked last night the mega link was still active. As for their legitimacy, they were used in the original JO games last year.

Is this just a hosting test, or are we going live?

We are live.

It's alive.

Hey faggots, come join the server.

Due to the LAN choking I'l be stopping the server. Hopefullly I can host again soon.

get a better switch faget

But there very likely isn't space for one where the connection comes in and the router/moden is just a shitty "free" ISP provided one. I can't wait until the connection is upgraded to Fibre and then I can use easily use pfense instead. I'l give hosting another shot now/soon.

Server is back online.

does it take long for gameranger to send confirmation emails or is cock.li fucked?

doesn't seem to work with cock.li, I used another mail provider and it worked.

bump

Fuck, maybe next week?

fag

2-man JOTF team managed to mow down about 6 million gooks

bump ill be on after i get this installed

whats the password for the vmod zip? maybe im just retarted

It's the filename, dummy.
Also couldn't get in because gameranger was being a bitch and couldn't recognize my steam version of the game

To stop a repeat of and to bully because why not (muh feels is not valid) , "file-name" name means everything south of the extension which in this case is .7z .

How many of you are online? I stopped attending gamenight games a month or two back due to abbysmal connection. Im just hoping that it wont be dead on arrival.

thanks im so fucking retarted

It shouldn't take too long to download 1.14 GB from mega, so you are more than welcome to make another attempt joining with what I used all those months ago. The games config file should work regardless of the platform.

Well it's an unofficial one (so not stickied) and I didn't give much advanced warning thread wise. That said though 2-3 players is pretty comfy in of it's self.

ok everything works good ill be sure to play some more of this tommorw

Host fag here, I'l be asleep yet there server will still be on.

So BF2 was basically a copy paste of this and no one even realized it?

BF2 was a copypaste of the Desert Combat mod for BF 1942

This game was noticed by Holla Forums because it was brought up in a BF2 thread two or three years ago.

GET IN HERE AND WITNESS MY AMAZING FLYING

Do i need to install PunkBuster alsong with the game install (taken from mega link in OP)?

I'll join in a few hours.

No.

server down?

Seems so

Alright, new serb is up since the other one is broken. Password will be rage.

good work

Can I actually host a game myself after pressing "Join" in the GRanger room?
If yes, any important options I should know of?

What I used to host a dedi is to run two instances of Gameranger, with the host PC hosting a server and then my PC playing. A bit shitty, but it works.

AAAAAA STOP FUCKING UPLOADING TO MEGA MEGA IS SHIT AND YOU CANT DOWNLOAD 1 JIGGABYTE WITHOUT A SHITWARE KEYLOGGER PROGRAM OR PAYING THEM MONEY USE GOOGLE DRIVE, UNLIMITED DATA AND NO FUCKING CAPS AND YOU DONT NEED ANY BULLSHIT DOWNLOADER

Bumping. Serb is still up.

That was fun for a while but is this the regular amount of players that show up? (less than 8 etc)

No, it's just early. Usually, we get about 16 or so.

Server is kicking me, saying I shouldn't use trainers or hacks. I have the Holla Forumsmod installed.

How many players atm?

Whatever you say Shlomo

IF YOUR NAME IS IN ITALICS IN THE GAMERANGER ROOM ENABLE UPNP OR FORWARD PORT 16000
DID I MENTION HOW MUCH I HATE GAMERANGER

Initial host fag here, some how Game Ranger crashed and tried to auto reconnect but timed out due to high torrent speeds I assume but can't see why Joint Ops crashed as the admin log file is blank, good going developers.Any rate I can start the roon up again if anyone is interested?

I'll likely be asleep soonish, but I'm up for more in something like 10 hours time.

ACK.

.5/10 bait made me give .5 of a shit.

SOS my sides.

Here have some quick and drity webm's from yesturday's hosting.

Anyone up another round or several?

Joint Ops MMO when?

im up for it

Can we use something else instead of GameRanger?
It kills my internet after a while and I have to reset my router.

somebody just host AoS again :c

How is one expected to be rad without sick airborne drops?

Next time I should hopefully be able to get a VPN working on the router so user's can directly. However I assume that the current router at least will not be able to handle it as it's a "free" ISP one.

Improvisation dear my Watson. Such as that one time I was able to successfully parachute onto a attack boat from a lowish helo as the pilot, which caused the AI to do fuck all and the top gunner try to surrender once he was alone.

Tried to look for other VLAN apps.
Tunngle could work, perhaps a private network if we don't want randoms.
Evolve got server issues or something and it can be down for long whiles.
There are few open source VPNs server/clients but they're hard to use.

Either way login details/a client will be needed. I don't have high hopes for the VPN implementation built-in to the current router. Any rate it will have to be next time.

Some how the system ran out of memory causing several break points and applications to force close.

so what are we planing for next game night?

From >>>/radcorp/1061 .

thanks

turns out Windows has built in VPN server/client.
Might be worth a trying - no ads, no user limit, no 3rd party software to download & install, probably not shitty software that crashes.

howtogeek.com/135996/how-to-create-a-vpn-server-on-your-windows-computer-without-installing-any-software/

Oh fuck Eternal Silence, Project Reality, thank you lord. I regrettably missed all the previous nights when there were stickies and stuff but I will have to hit them from now on.

Battleborn night when

Randy, pls.

tried Windows thingy with someone and it didn't work.

There's dynvpn.com/ which is free & open source, but it's kinda annoying because you have to manually add players to the network.

There's also openVPN. connecting to a server isn't that hard but setting up one is kinda messy.

couldnt get it to work.
just use tunngle

A Window's program acting up say it isn't so. Fuck you NTFS, fdisk and requiring 5-10s after system shutdown to flush caches to disk.
>There's dynvpn.com/ which is free & open source, but it's kinda annoying because you have to manually add players to the network.
Well with large turnouts it couldn't be stupid to delegate a trusted user (or several) to manage it however with a lower turn it shouldn't be too hard for just the host to manage.
I enjoy a good challenge now and again also what's the point in life of taking the easy route every single time.

Which one? Also great yet another bloated (feature wise at least) VLAN application and associated (likely) undeletable account to manage.

Tried SoftEther VPN too and could get it to act as LAN.

Yeah Tunngle is bloated and got annoying ads, but at least it doesn't fuck up my router and has higher player capacity (255 in public rooms)

J U S T
U
S
T

just install it again

couldn't*

are we having a game tonight?
can we please try to use Tunngle?

Anyone wanna play right now?

hop on gayranger, I'd love to test a different vlan with you if you know what I mean

I'm down for it.