What is the worst reboot of all time?

What is the worst reboot of all time?

This or Fallout 3 and 4 without 3 we word of never have gotten new Vegas though

DmC or Doom

Sonic.

There are absolutely worse reboots and worse games than this, but I just want to show my utter contempt for the Tomb Raider 2013 reboot. Fucking piece of shit.

This shit still makes me mad.

Without 3 there would have been a chance to make a proper reboot from scratch.

You win.

It's something I wish I never had to win.

when you say reboot do you mean doom3 or doom2016?

I dunno. What are the best reboots?

Does mobage even count?

Prey is pretty high up there.

Got to fucking love how every reboot ever seems to require a redesigned protagonist (and other characters as well), which just pisses prior fans off. Hell, is Spyro even the "protagonist" of Skylanders at this point, or just being dragged along for the ride?

Either way Skylanders ought to have been its own thing; I'm sure it could have done just as well without Spyro being forced into it, and without being forced to look like this shit either.

Shit as that was, it at least brought anons together against it, and some great OC was made from that shitshow trainwreck.

Games/series that can actually lend themselves to it off the premise, but the developers also need to show a sense of respect for the established works that came prior. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time being one that comes to mind

Mortal kombat is really good.
I want to say splatterhouse as well but that game got awful after the halfway point.

Star Trek (not vidya related but still)
Sonic 06
Bomberman Act Zero
Banjo-Kazooie 360
Cowadooty 4 counts, right?

Both spyro and Skylanders would have been better off not being affiliated unless it was a guest star thing.

As far as a game concept, Nuts and Bolts is actually fine and creative. As a Banjo Kazooie game it's arbitrary and ugly.

Ninja Gaiden, for one.

What's wrong with big dids?

Got DmC in the Humble Bundle for a buck, been having fun. The writing is atrocious and Donte is a fucking faggot but I like the combat system despite how shallow it is. Nice spectacle and visually interesting world design. The dialogue is often so bad I can't help but laugh.

The gaming industry

I just get the feeling that Activision didn't feel safe with making a new IP without something familiar to it, so they dug up Spyro's corpse, mutilated it, reanimated it, and decided to parade the results around. Which is fucking sad, since I'm pretty sure Skylanders would have done just fine without his presence, as kids seem to have eaten that shit up.

Welcome to vidya, "new" is synonymous with "risky" and "dangerous".

Is this a parody of Shadow the Edgehog?

How do they keep doing it?

Those aren't reboots though?

nothing. but i can get tits on the internet for free instead of playing a shitty game.

But none of them are reboots, just shitty sequels and a shitty spinoff.

WHAT

all of them

Nigga looks like a Jade Cocoon monster.

It has fancy animations and easy to master combat but there is no challenge to anything. the game hands out SSS ranks even if you die or use items, and your guaranteed an S rank no mader what if you collect all the items in a level.

Ironic that DmC is style over substance in a series of games all about being Stylish.

Ok then, reboot to a not released game.

Does your head need a hard reboot?

If it was an original the character, people wouldn't have that much of an issue with it (though if you ask me it would still be kind of ugly). But it's a gratuitously shitty redesign of an existing character, as if there was something wrong with how Spyro had looked prior, back in his heyday. If the point is to put something familiar into your game to attract existing fans to it, why piss them off garbage redesigns of a character they probably really liked back in the day? It's counter-productive, but for some reason doesn't fucking seem to stop it from happening, sadly.

I think you need to go fuck yourself.

There are worse reboots out there, but this one was so disappointing. I liked the first one, but honestly it felt more like generic God of War Game: The Linear God of War Game than an actual Castlevania. The sequels hit new levels of retard even though they had more Castlevania shit.

I think you're a fucking idiot, what was Overwatch a reboot of?

halo
call of duty
any other shitty fps that teenagers eat up

Wasn't Lords of Shadow meant as its own thing during development, before Konami said "that looks like Castlevania, make it Castlevania"?

O_o

It's the first time I've heard of that, but knowing Konami I wouldn't put it past them.

moves, boss fights, an interconnected world, and missions to go along with Rachel.

Flying Swallow and I think Izuna Drop was nerfed in Sigma, but otherwise wasn't as severe as Sigma 2 and 3. Even I'd put Razor's Edge to be a head above something like DmC or that TMNT game from Platinum.