Insurgency

Going Cheap on steam, Is it any good?

yes

Whats good about it?

the part where you shoot people

Was good until they decided to fuck it all up and force us to install a fucking rootkit in order to play it.

devs are huge cuck sjws though

The guns are really loud

Do not purchase it. While it is an okay game it uses BattlEye for anti-cheat. It is spyware that will scan your computer and sell the information to people they won't name, and it'll install files whenever it wants (separate to updates) without telling you when and what it is.

also the part where the people shoot you

No. It's basically CS for those who don't want to be seen playing CS and for retarded kids that wanted to pretend they are playing something tacti/k/ool when they just aren't. And that's before we get on to the dev kikery.
The mod was way better and is standalone and free. I'd recommend pestering /radcorp/ for a game night.

For real?
Thats disappointing
Globalists ruining my vidya!!
RREEEEEEE!!!!!!

No, not after

t. 500 hours spent on that fucking game. Fuck those devs and their garbage Sandstorm game.

Whats the mod?

Literally Insurgency? Really nigga?

Honestly it's even worse, because they said "It's totes optional bro, you can still play on servers that don't have it enabled", except there's no fucking servers that have battleye disabled since it's on by default and no one bothers to change it.

Fucking niggers.

Really nigga?

Im confused arnt you saying insurgency is shit and to play the mod?

They wouldn't even let me launch the game until I installed it. So I uninstalled it instead.

I wish summer would be over already.

Insurgency used to just be a sourcemod before it was standalone, keep up.

That's pretty weird, it keeps nagging you to install it every time you try to launch it without accepting, but launches just fine. When was that?

Doesn't really matter in the end though, result is the same.

nigga u dum

I'd never heard of insurgency before, thats why i was asking about it.

About 4-5 months or so I guess. I launched the game and the BattlEye installer would pop-up instead. Without agreeing to install it the game won't load.

You know if you actually searched for Insurgency it's literally the second result right?

Globalists all around me

1776 Will rise again!!!
(ive never even played half life 2)

You're trying too hard to fit in and it's neither funny or memorable.

pls no bully

yep
join a modded server and be an isis suicide bomber

Quality post
very funny, very memorable.

Why are you acting like a retard?

He's after (You)'s. Filter the thread.

Your right, gotta be super serious on this Taiwanese fishing blog. No fucking around here.
Its serious business

i got it for $1

It's a good fucking shooter, that requires you to move slowly and carefully. The maps are all about controlling chokepoints, and a very well organized defensive force can lock down every approach path for the enemy if they can just get there, and the enemy doesn't use their RPGs or smoke grenades properly. A badly organized defender will see themselves outflanked and culled within minutes though.
The gunplay is nice. The weapons feel authentic, have a really nice sound to them, and movement is smooth. Changing weapons is rather slow, as is reloading, so you will have to time those tactically or get shat at while some fag walks around the corner and blasts you.
Shotguns are actually realistic, meaning that they have rather good range, and only very little spread, making them good for blocking off doors and narrow paths, but really bad if you can't aim in close quarters.
The loadout system is rather unique. Every solder takes a class, which limits the weapons you can take. You also get a bunch of points, which you can spend for equipment. So for example you are an MG gunner, and have 7 points. You either spend 2 on your MG, 3 on better ammo (more damage) and two on armour, or one on a better sight, 2 on your MG and 4 on extra grenades. This gives you some freedom of choice, but makes sure you actually get the equipment your class needs.
Teamwork may be key, but expect nothing from the community, they don't coordinate at all in public lobbies.
The game itself looks rather meh by modern standards, but it runs like butter. Netcode is not optimal, meaning that "preshooting" around corners is a thing, but unless you have a fiberoptic connection to the host, that will be the case in most games.
There is also the "Allahu Akbar" mod, which makes the "Insurgent" forces scream Snackbar every single fucking time they open their mouth, which is neat.
There are many other things, ask for more specific stuff if you want.

So really only worth it if you can convince a bunch of your mates to buy it with you?

its alright but you might get tired of crawling through smoke grenades every other match

Babby's first tactical shooter.

If you want a real tactical experience play:

Rainbow Six 1-3
Ghost Recon (2001)
SWAT 3

instead of your shitty brownbloom CS mod.

this is the price to pay for good anti-cheat. BattlEye is the best anti-cheat out there right now because of it.

Not really. It is still fun playing alone on public serbs, because the other team will be just as disorganized.

I think ill give it a go then, as its going so cheap.

is

You can even mod it

great advice

Tactical shooters are best done singleplayer or cooperatively, you cock-fondling stupid thundercunt.

If you want MP go play Raven Shield, SWAT 3 or a military simulator (OFP/ARMA).

kys

you too scared to face real players? Playing against AI is retarded. Try outplaying real human beings noob.

he's one of the people who wants to feel like he's playing a tactical game instead of actually playing one, it's impossible for a game against AI to be tactical.

Insurgency doesn't have half the tactical options or comfy factor that Rainbow Six (1998) has.

uses easy anti cheat
if you like keyloggers, you're gonna love it

Never forget the developers threw a bitchfit about people making fun of Islam in game and the Insurgency sequel is about a strong Turdish womyn refugee freedom fighter.

pretty much call of duty but the levels are actually worse and the players are more autistic and into larping. only good part about the game is abusing how the game railroads one time through a few choke points so you can camp in slightly out-of-view areas and mowdown literally the entire enemy team and have them waste an entire spawn wave.

it's so incredibly unfun.