What do you guys think of filters? Oftentimes they make things look like a blurry mess. Even in Yoshi's Island...

What do you guys think of filters? Oftentimes they make things look like a blurry mess. Even in Yoshi's Island, the one game where people seem to think filters improve the visuals, results in a vaseline smeared abortion.

Other urls found in this thread:

ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1104912/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most filters suck. I've seen some work occasionally, but I always try to play a game without them first.

Tell me about filters

They're fun to mess around with, but not much else

Filters! LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT FILTERS!

I never drink water without putting it through an authentic water filter first.

The only acceptable 'filter' is 25% scanlines when using 3x or higher scaling

Does anyone have good filter settings for Retroshit? All I did was disable the curving on one of the default crt filters.

Pretty good. For example, I can filter anyone in this thread who says MUH CRT meme

Depends, what console is it?

i want to vomit

You aught to see it in motion. It's so fucking bad.

It ultimately depends on the game, and rendering adjustments will always work better in full screen. due to image scaling by your LED Display.

Aren't there any decent filters that do a good CRT style effect?

A Trinitron.

Not to derail the thread, but why is flouride good/bad for you? My instincts tell me that it was never really part of the hominid diet for the past few hundred thousand years, so I can't imagine it suddenly became essential to our health and survival.

If you have the resolution, yes.

Hey.

Hey, you. Retard.

Go on the relevant board. Make your own thread, or find one close enough to your question to post it in.

Stop being a cunt.

Wait a minute, that spacing.

Black Levels

Fluoride is great for your teeth, but you don't need to ingest it to get the desired effect. Just swishing it in your mouth in mouthwash is good enough. Problem is, ingesting it fucking calcifies your brain and impacts your IQ slightly negatively ( ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1104912/ ).

You can undo the effects by just not drinking fluoridated water, and staying like that for the rest of your life. There are political groups who will block reducing/setting limits on/eliminating the fluoride from the water supply because it will make black kids have shitty teeth, and das raysehs.

Reported as well for continuing the derail. This site is shit because of cunts like you. Get cancer.

Shoo shoo kike

Nigger everyone with half a brain knows drinking fluoridated water is a heeb scheme to fuck up your body. Thing is, this isn't the fucking fluoridated water board.

Honestly I've yet to see you contribute anything of worth to the thread. Maybe think about that.

Good Goy! You definitely told him! Here's the standard penny per denial we agreed on.

You started this. I order you to stop replying.

Now like the asshurt, ego damaged child you are you will continue to do so just to spite me, even thought you are in the wrong and the mature response would be to delete your posts and fuck off.

People like you are beneath the title of human. Kill yourself.

the appeal of a CRT is more than just having half the lines be blank lines. The geometry, the glow, phosphors and bloom all create a distinct effect which gives the image a unique feel. Something LCDs can't even do, even with software emulation simply because of the way the display is designed.

I imagine there are some filters that look decent with some games, but most like your pic related are fucking abysmal.

A joke filter that gives the game a cartoony or serious look might look alright, but that certainly wouldn't be playing the game as the developers intended.

What are you going to do, big boy?

No you don't fit in yet.

I've used Super2xSai for years. It makes me think of what SCART would have been like had it been released in the States.

Using an NTSC or CRT filter is "not using a filter", because that simulates the hardware the games were actually designed to run on. "No filter" is using a "big blocky filter" that looks like shit.

Using more sophisticated softening filters like NEDI isn't that much different than using NTSC. It all points to the same result of softness.

Enjoy your fluoride induced brain damage.

I don't understand the point of filters. I don't have some autistic knee-jerk rage reaction to them like the majority of Holla Forums seems to have, but they're kind of puzzling to me.
Maybe I misunderstand them. Their sole purpose seems to be to blend all of the pixel borders together in order to accomplish…? They make games look unauthentic 100% of the time, I've never seen a filter that actually improves a game's visuals.
Are they just a novelty created for younger generations because their eyes never adapted to the jagged-edged graphics of the 80s and 90s?
I dunno.

I play around with filters sometimes when I see interesting ones. Filters that make it feel like you're playing an animated stone-carving, or other mind-fuck psychedelic filters can be fun to fuck around with, or even used to challenge runs or rarely to uncover visual easter-eggs. That's neat, at least.

Are you a kike?

They have that really OCD-triggering quality where they "almost work" and have a limitless number of settings to tinker with, so there's this false grail of "If I just set everything up JUSSSTTTT right, I'll have something indiscernible from an HD remaster of this game." But then no matter what you do, they'll always fuck up on some small detail, and it's back to the drawing board.

To their credit, they have gotten a lot better recently, but of course they still introduce artifacts.

Here's a bunch of Retroarch filters.

We're going need filters as CRTs will be dying off and arcade machines will use flat screens as replacements.

Anyone who uses filters should be gassed. Only exception is a CRT filter because I think it's kinda cute trying to recreate that.

the only acceptable filters