Notice Dawn of War III is on sale on steam

What in the living fuck went wrong?

I didn't even know it released yet. I was a big fan of the first two games but nobody seems to care about this one and I can see why.

The gist is that it's developed by MOBA developers and plays like one, and it's filled with SJW propaganda like the Titan pilot being a stronk black woman with dyed hair. It also has the least factions of any DOW game. It was enough to make me not want to buy it.

After DoW2 people lost faith in Relic

After people found out DoW3 was an e-sports game that had extremely little content people passed on it. Most of the patches to the game have just been balance updates and reskins.

This was also a factor. Even DoW1 at launch had more factions. It had Space Marines, Eldar, Orks and Chaos Space Marines.

Wheras DoW3 only has Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.

Let's blame it all on terminator backflips.

I refuse to believe this shit.
Is everything this fucked up in the world?

Did you also cross over from the Berenstein universe? That's about when everything started to go to shit.

The fact that there's already a sale should show how bad things really are. I mean, just go to the store page on Steam and look at the reviews. Mixed and all the upvoted ones are negative.

Well at least the game appears to have been a massive flop so (hopefully) Relic doesn't ever try this shit again

From a Steam review,

I think all the non-SJW employees of relic must've left to make eternal crusade.

I thought that game was a flop as well. Most of the things I pre-ordered as a founder aren't even in the game. And maybe they added new maps and modes but it got repetitive real fast. Are there even terminators yet?

They got rid of synckills.
I think that says it all?

Dunno, game's still in alpha as far as I know.

I've been playing warhammer total war now since it got cracked.

Eternal Crusade was released several months ago and fell down to a few hundred active players after a few weeks before going F2P cancer. Pictured is one of my characters. I didn't find it very fun and then I quit before it went F2P. The cash shop is also insulting and slightly different colored armor can literally cost $15-20.

You're a faggot of unimaginable proportions, I can understand them if they happen on a big foe like a daemon or something but when your guy takes 10 seconds to kill each fucking model of a 5 man squad while hes getting shat on by ranged units shit is just fucking stupid.

You were invulnerable during sync kills.

Nigger I never said it's the worst thing, however it pretty much sums up they knew nothing about anything that was fun or appealing about Dawn of War at all.

Yes but when the sync kill ended that squad member would be far away from it's squad mates and get killed anyway. At least in DOW2. And I think you could be brought down to 1HP but not be killed until the animation finished.

You can guess that right away when you notice they went for the "we want the assfaggots crowd & money" thing

They pretty much tried to sell a turd with a BMW badge on it thinking that would give the turd value.

Dow2 didn't have long sync kills for small units. Except when a leader character was slaughtering guardsmen.

That was annoying when you were chasing some squad with your termie chaos lord with claws only for him to squish each one individually like a grape.

>release game with few maps and

This is really all I needed to know. No fucking way would anyone who remotely understood what DoW was ever about would have removed them due to some technical gameplay logic which is fucking retarded to anything but a pure MOBA in the first place.

It was a lame cop-out due to the lack of skill this SJW-filled dev team had. If they wanted to save the gameplay from the "harm" of sync kills they had multiple options:

1) Make the sync kill instantly stop mid-animation and begin to animate the character according to their first command given during it - wouldn't have been pretty, but the strictly gameplay-concerned player wouldn't have cared, and would do it with understanding. The muh immersion player could let it run its course while the body "stuck" in the animation takes no damage for the duration.

2) Keep it functionally the same as previous titles, but make it a tick-box option for campaign mode, with a default off or disabled entirely for MP. Could have offset resulting immobility with a health or damage buff to supporting players and/or morale/accuracy de-buff to surrounding enemies who just saw their leader killed.

Etc., etc.

They didn't want to animate them because they are fucking pathetic, uninspired, and didn't understand the lore at all. Seeing an Assault Terminator in DoW II knocking the "holy" leader of a Seer Council to the ground with his shield and lifting his hammer to the sky in a massive windup to slam down on the Seer with an enormous CRACK and flash of plasma was fucking worth every "DPS" lost. Fucking faggots and their lazy bullshit. I will never support any company involved in this garbage again.

I have a thousand hours on DOW2. It's a great game. Just not for people who like to build bases or have swarms of units.

It's a good game. Not great due to the scale. But good for what it is. That is why I am saying dow died with dow2.
3 does not count and I shudder to think what would come after it.

As toss player I consider it an insult.
Are you saying they didn't add path finding in DoW3?
We all left during Hots.

The problem is that the higher ups aren't going to see that DoW III failed because it's a lame parody of the previous games. They're not going to point at the lack of a gritty aesthetic, or at the elite unit system, or the cartoonish space marine acrobatics, or the almost non-existant cover system, or at the progression which favours older players, or at the abilities which look taken straight out of a FUCKING MOBA, or at any other design decision that took the game farther and farther away from what DoW originally was, from what was originally appealing.

What they're most likely to do is say "Wow, looks like gamers didn't want another DoW game after all" and let the franchise rot.

DOW 2 didn't really work for me. The scale always felt wrong.

Yeah I actually like the one with the sprinting Terminators, even though it failed on it's launch due to technical issues. This game though? i didn't even want to pirate it and try it out.

While possible, bear in mind that they came out with a notice swearing to fix some things after the flop. These aren't Sunrise execs reacting to the unaltered and grainy MSG flopping in the West. While they are still the short-sighted cunts that thought appealing to the MOBA crowd would work, they listen to repeated blows to their bank accounts.

god i wish they had gone with their initial plan for a payment model.

it could have been legitimately cool, or at least interesting and unique

Please games workshop. PLEASE. I'll suck your dick for ONE definitive Wh40k game that isn't utter dogshit

Holy shit it would've been glorious

It had no chance. This game runs like arse and has huge requirements, while being ugly as shit. It can barely sustain 50-60 player matches.
They can't optimize at all so big battles fall out the window at the very start. You are left with only arena matches.

I've never been so mad about a plot change in my life.

Whats wrong with it? Are you fucking retarded? Its ASSFAGGOTS! The single player might not be MOBA but the multiplayer is ONLY ==ASSFAGGOTS==

Eternal Crusade had horrible mechanics. Like a tank shell would barely hurt you and tank on tank fights was more boring than watching grass grow. Not only that, but marine vs marine combat was shit as well. You'd shoot someone, hit them, do maybe 30% of their health and then they'd come over too you and CINEMATICALLY melee you to death. They didn't balance out the rpg and fps parts at all. No surprise it went to shit since the studios ONLY previous games were mobile shit.

They apparently added back annihilation mode and the ability to make turrets.
Still a thousand steps to go though before it's better.

Not GW but where's my dick-sucking user?