Yoko taro has lost his touch recent examples would be nier automata and drakengard 3...

Yoko taro has lost his touch recent examples would be nier automata and drakengard 3. Both games were bland and fucking easy why the fuck is it that nier 1 took weeks for me to complete 100% and each side quest was interesting unlike nier automatas fetch quests with no exposition. Nier 1 also had a bunch of failable quests. Fuck yoko hes a complete hack that tries to hard to appeal to Nips rather than niche sub groups and fuck square enix for ruining everything they touch. I cried in nier 1 and fucking felt monotone about nier automata. Also all of the characters in automata pissed me off they all gave me a sense of hatred for each and every one of them especially 9S.

Dipshit opinions thread?

I agree, Automata feels like what happens when someone with talent goes all in for "what he's known for" rather than caring about making something solid. You know something's wrong when even the options go all ebin meta on you from the get go. Nier was a simple, fun, solid game, the madman stuff was all bonus. Here it's the focus.
Cue autistic fans who got way too invested in the defense of this disappointment and them accusing you of being the fag that claimed plagiarism.

You have to have a touch to lose it. The only thing Yoko Taro has touched is the diseased prostates of crossdressing transsexual prostitutes.

That's a pretty spicy opinion you got there bro

XDDDD EBIN just fuck off reddit you took enough away from me

FUck off, hipster goon. you just don't like it because it's insanely popular like Skyrim.

Not as spicy as the mystery concoction of STDs that comes out of Yoko Ono's peedinger every time he whizzes in your gaping mouth.

The series would be better if the stories were more coherent. There's trying to put the puzzles together then there's so many ridiculous things happening all at once that you struggle to understand any of it.

did you finish it 3 times? I also thought it was just average after the first playthrough. It's a great game

And thus OP will never make a post again, smugly content with being a (1) and done. It's unfortunate, because while I'm prepared to actually have a discussion, I don't feel like wasting my time on someone not even willing to follow through on his words.

I like it.

I left off my post waiting for a rebuttal so if you'd like to share your input feel free to.

Daily reminder that if it's popular then it must be bad. Doubly so if it's a nip title! :^)

Automata does too, which just proves you haven't played the game. Have a (you) out of pure pity

Weebs are so sensitive these days. I remember when you lads had skin that didn't tear apart from a halfassed mean post.

Yeah I finished 3 times and yes the gameplay is great, but its been done before many times hell the chip system is in other games as well. But thats not the problem the problem is that nier was never about gameplay and more about emotional story and atmosphere. The way it transitions between genres seamlessly and the dialogue you hear between characters none of that exists in automata just a generic response when pressing X or whatever button on pc on a character.

I remember when weeb didn't mean "You have something made by nips".

You'd have to actually elaborate your points before I can actually try to refute them. It's why I didn't seriously bother from the start and assumed you were just a baiting fucktard, though the possibility is still hanging in the air. For example:

Are you talking about the main story or side quests? What do you mean with 'no exposition'?

Okay, why?

I mean seriously, look back at your post and ask yourself what the hell kind of response you are expecting from us. Your post amounts to "I didn't like it because I don't like these things", yet what the hell kind of rebuttal are you expecting from us? Are we supposed to make you like the game through words? You can argue about whether the games did a good job at what they intended to do, and whether the game actually knows what it's doing, but otherwise we're just running blind here.

No, you don't.

Now you are just projecting.

I can always spot a over compensating post '11 kid. You lot might as well wear signs.

Insults are not proper arguments.

It wasn't meant to be an argument. It was just an insult.

This. Nair: Auto Tomato is only hated because of it's raucous popularity. I have never met a single person that has played it, or even heard about it, but I trust the limitless, and certainly impartial, knowledge of weezing, doughy weeaboos to have their finger on the pulse of what is popular with the average consumer.

Move over, Call of Duty!

So you are just shitposting for the sake of shitposting. You just have an axe to grind because "Ugh, they like thing I hate!". I remember when shitposters actually tried.

Once again, no you don't.

Because each and every character has no development they're all just servants to humans yeah its pretty hot but its not at all interesting 9S's "character development" is just him going from happy and content to breaking down and going insane in the most bare bones way to explain this in fact this is the best way to describe it because the romance between 9s and 2b is so fucking dumb and unnecessary that you can exclude it entirely unlike character relations in nier 1 where hearing dialogue between them felt comfortable and enjoyable to see the way emil and keine get along and the way weiss and kaine argue is there any of this in nier automata? No just cinematic dialogue with no emotion just a sense of lets get the mission done. As for side quests they just felt like skyrime tier fetch quests there werent any specific dialogues within them aside from the baby robot quest with the pink thing on her head. But other than that nothing memorable happened nier 1 had interesting side quests which genuinely made me feel sad and hopeless the quests were all extremely comforting making me feel twice as immersed in the world they're on the same level as deadly premonitions. Sorry but I just dont see why people like the bayonetta skyrim clone that is nier automata it lacked a lot of depth and is the equivalent of fallout NV to fallout 4 everything that once made it good has been stripped away and all that remains is a game trying to deviate from its original formula to be something new but I guess reddit likes to cling onto it just like they cling on to bioshock infinite so they can seem like they're real gamers when all they like to play is mainstream shit

The only thing you remember is being stuffed into lockers and having your amorphous blob of a body seep through into multiple adjacent lockers.

Lmao lots of butthurt weebs itt

Uh, I'm not a weebabloo, My 100+ anime figure collection, penchant to stare at my feet in social situations, and blinders for anything that Japan shits out are all just happenstance.

PRESS ENTER EVERY NOW AND THEN TO BREAK UP YOUR HUGE WALL OF TEXT SO IT'S MORE LEGIBLE. ALSO LEARN TO END YOUR SENTENCES, CHRIST

What humans?
In Route A he is clearly intended to come across as an ultra generic, unlikeable side-kick character, fitting in with how the first route is intentionally the most generic in the game story-wise. He acts like a total dick-head pretty much throughout the route, snarks a lot at inappropriate moments, and generally goes out of his way to behave as unlikeably as possible, in order to make 2B's cold rebuttals of his attempts to socialize with her feel more justified and cathartic.

Then you start route B, and you begin to experience things from his perspective. His handler is cold and distant towards him, he's often forced to do the menial legwork that allows 2B to proceed with her mission, and despite being arguably the stronger of the duo due to his hacking skills, everyone treats him with dismissiveness at best, derision and suspicion at worst, and bluntly stonewall his attempts to question the more morally dubious orders his commander is sending them. Now 2B's behavior is painted in a much darker light, as it is made abundantly clear that she's intentionally trying to keep 9S in the dark about their mission, his constant snarking comes across less as him just being a dickhead, and more as him just trying to cope with his current situation, and his torture by Adam reveals that he feels a great deal of hatred and resentment for it. I don't know about you, but after Route B, I went from utterly despising 9S to completely sympathizing with him, which made the events of route C even more effective a gut punch.

I honestly thought the way it was done in the game was brilliant, and made 9S one of the best protagonist bait-and-switch moves since Raiden in MGS2. I just don't see it being as effective as it was in the game had they instead integrated route A and B together and made it clear from the get-go that 9S was a sympathetic character. It was a huge gamble, of course (A lot of people still didn't like 9S even after his character development), but it paid off for me in the end.
There's a lot of parallels in the sidestories to the main story you must've missed. The machine Romeo & Juliet play might seem like icksdee so randumb, but when you compare it to the inner strife of the machine consciousness there's a lot of comparisons to be made. Other such examples would include the two runaway cyborgs, one of which constantly resets the memory of her partner, much like 2B constantly resetting 9S's memory once he learned too much, which makes 2B's response to the situation even more understandable. Even the sidequest where you discover the existence of Executioner units ties back to the main plot when it's revealed that 2B -> 2E. Not all of the sidequests are like that, some of them highlight different consequences of the machines trying to imitate humans and other life, but they certainly have a role in the plot.
This reads like a bad light novel translation and every time I try to seriously understand it I get temporary dyslexia.

I would put 100 dollars on them actually being board regulars who fuck with you because you take the bait Every. Fucking. Time. Not everything is a conspiracy mate. Try not being a moron and ignoring the thread so it dies next time.

I should have known better.

All nip games are genius faggot, look at dat ass bro. Waifuuuuuuu

only from the downboaters

And this is how cuckchan began it's journey to what we see now.

I only played Nier and that game was baby easy and had a tranny for no reason other than pushing gay agenda, and the story was pure bullshit

Nier is ok but wouldn't it be better if 2b was a dog? :3c

You can't stop bored shitposters chromosome hoarder. You can't out shitpost them, you can't reason with them and you can't ban them because lol vpn/reset router. All you can do is deny them their replies. Not that it matters because there is always a surplus of captain save a board fags like you who think that today is surely the day I can make them go away even though this has never worked in the history of imageboards.. Fucking idiot. You deserve each other.

More than likely he's the same user who couldn't even get passed going through the resistance camp. Explains why he doesn't understand the story, since it's apparent he didn't play the game.

Bait

Now tell me how many times that has worked?

I want to play as papa Nier. Not some weak looking androids.

Gameplay wise Nier was extremely shitty but was the best in terms on story telling. Even a simple fetch quest for some grandma was pretty good. The music helped a lot with it. It might be what's missing in the tomato version the remix of emil got me though

She was anything but ignored

The whole point is you can't make them go away. Nothing works. They are eternal. All you can do is make it less fun for them. You keep fighting the good fight though. I'm sure they will be gone any day now.

I know of these parallels but I do not consider them even remotely close to being deep or filled with depth if you consider this to be the pinaccle of character development you have played very few games and with that its not at all worth it to argue this with you

Finished platinumed and sacrificed myself in the end 75 hours on first play through (wholegame) finished every sidequest and bought some of the grindy trophies

We ignored and 2007 was the result. If you can't figure that simple fact out tells me that hindsight isn't your strongest trait.

Why bother fighting niggers and mudslimes? They will always come back. :^)

Not even tthat, after the library fight the game shits the bed hard. Reminded me of the first Dark Souls that also became a clusterfuck halfway in.

nobody goes away even if they are ignored. When you ignore people they just do more desperate things to reach out.

Tip your fedora harder, user.

i follow that nigga on pixiv too

Yeah actually it would

Well they do keep coming back. You suck at genocide as badly as you suck at backseat vol work.

Okay user at least I'm not following trendy forms of media and then forgetting about the thing I was ranting and raving about being the best thing the universe has to offer

that's not 404girl and you know it

Keep piling the blame on an individual while letting the house burn down, i'm sure that is a much better alternative.

Gauging by your previous posts, you didn't.
That's not what I said. The sidequests did not play a major part in the development of the characters, but served to merely flesh out the world and to foreshadow what's to come, on top of providing a deeper insight into the characters through their reactions.

Are you going to continue acting like an autistic retard from reddit? Because I did and I have no reason to lie so whatever. As for flashing out the world I still continue to believe nier 1 has done it better why dont you go play it?

Why? It's not like the combat was fun. it was just tedious.

Unpopular opinions thread ?
Fallout 4 is the best game of the generation.

Its a good game and I did enjoy it, but it was definitely lacking and came short of what I expected.

Personal opinion? I can see how both Nier and Automata have their pros and cons over each other.
That Automata has better combat is obvious, that's not even up for debate. However, I feel like Nier had more interesting combat scenarios at times. Bosses like Halua and Shadowlord had cooler bullet patterns, and Hook was interesting from a story perspective, especially once Grandma started playing. The Automata bosses just weren't as interesting in comparison (though the dual boss fight between Ko-shi and Ro-shi was hype as fuck from a directorial standpoint).
The music is a toss-up between the two in my eyes; while I loved the combat songs in Automata like Birth of a Wish and Possessed by a Disease, the more somber tragic tracks didn't have the same memorability as Kaine and Emil's themes. Plus as much as I like Weight of the World, I admit it's pretty corny.
I found myself much more interested in Automata's supporting cast, but that's probably bias on my part since I haven't actually played the original. Shit's hard to come by. Both the games have a strong main cast, but of all of them, 9S and Nier certainly had the most attention put into their development. 9S' death scene in particular is still one of the most interesting moments that stays in my mind.
I will laud Automata for structurally being the superior game, but at the same time I find the original more interesting for taking more weird and unexpected design decisions. Things like the Resident Evil-style mansion and its fixed camera, the villages of Facade and Aerie, the half-hour long visual novel right before starting NG+… Automata just doesn't feel as experimental in comparison.

Overall, I think the original Nier is interesting to watch, Automata is more fun to play, but if OG Nier had had a better studio behind it, it would be indisputably superior.

Also, regarding the endings of the two games, I thought Nier's ending was more emotionally impactful, but Tomato's ending worked best for what it was, namely an end to the story and possibly to the series. But I do have problems with both that limit my personal enjoyment of them, namely that Tyrann's Faustian bargain comes kind of out of nowhere at the end and feels a little forced for emotional effect, and where would the pods get new black boxes to bring the androids back to life?

I would say that the pods spend an indeterminate amount of time salvaging the parts to rebuild the androids With proper time they would eventually find the things they need. IIRC the official guide's timeline mentions the "android in black clothes" sighting happening hundreds of years after the game's events.

retard beyond down syndrome thread?

Faggot without an argument thread.

I don't agree but I respect your opinion. That is, if this even is your opinion and not just and edgy bait thread.

I just wish the game wasn't so fucking piss easy, I went in with the "This is an RPG first mindset" so thought hey I should be doing side quests, also gave myself all those drop rate boosting items all game.
End game I removed all that shit for attack ups and health ups and thanks to quests being 16 fucking levels higher then everything, every enemy and boss in the game was like slicing through tissue paper.
This was meant to be fucking hard difficulty

SHIFT INT MAXIMUM OVERBAIT

Where did this influx of low-IQ nine year-olds come from? Recently there have been dozens of terrible posts with equally terrible grammar and prose. Are these kids from Reddit?

Drakengard 3 has the best story and characters

is ur mom from reddit becuase I was doing her there last night LOL

Taro never made a good game.

You can call the weeaboo a fat and disgusting neet who will never amount to anything and he won't care. But call his precious waifu or the game she appears in trash and watch him shit himself, kicking and screaming like the autist he is.
No boy, there are plenty of anons here who aren't your boogeyman and still hate you nipdick sucking mongoloids.

Daily reminder that Microsoft revved up the anti-japan narrative from the Xbox 360 era.

You might be here now, but you evidently got to reddit and SA first. That's the problem: you were imprinted and cannot stop yourself from ingurgitating shit.

I remember when you didn't post the same picture of Aku in every thread you went into.

Cool. Now go projecting your horrible life somewhere else, goon. Don't try to deflect. I have plenty of images here, that show that at least 90% of SA are whiny, meanspirited, sad hamplanets who are to the sex they will never have. The other 10% consists of cat ladies and troons. Also check'em and stop bumping that edgy bait thread with offtopic nonsense.

Good to know. Maybe they are also behind the recent push for more censorship there. M$'s gaming division is on its last legs due to Western gaming being so shit.