Why has no RPG ever surpassed this?

This game got everything right. Characters, quests, game world, exploration, combat, factions, musical score.

shit graphx :/

I preferred Gothic 1's feel and climate, but yeah, G2 NOTR is truly a masterpiece.

For the year it was made, it looks pretty good. I know it's an obvious bait but the image still applies

there are mods just for fags like you, google L'Hiver

Also Directx 11 mod

Gothic 1 had a better story

even worse graphx :/

That's not Fallout.
I do love Gothic 2. A shame the gameplay is so unbalanced. Crossbows are very overpowered and the fact that you need to basically know how to put points into the stats since they leave no wiggle-room.

Not really. But the direct x 11 mod actually helps a lot. I think it looks fine.

This game is fucking sublime. Somebody just needs to tone down that sword from the end of the expansion. Still, I don't have any problem telling people to ignore it since it's just one sword and not like other RPGs (skyrim) where people tell you to ignore half of the game in order to balance it.

Because you like cramped "open" world level design, shit controls that feels like something straight out of PS1, janky combat animations that hurts the combat even further, lack of dungeons, non respawning enemies, unkillable NPC's, gold exploiting that even babies know how to do, main quest locked side content, and dependency on trainers to even level up your skills. Oh, and the mods aren't even in english, so I assume you're a germcuck or dirty polack.

Pic related is still far superior. Sure, the combat is underwhelming, but it's still completely saved by the perfect controls, great modding community, and fun and creative exploits.

Skyrim still has better combat because it controls much better.

shit got boring really fast.

You probably spent the most time loading your game after death.

Faggots didn't learn from Severance.

The combat is actually pretty good if you know how to do it. Of course ARPG babbies won't know how to play this as they've never played dnd in their life.

Attacking, sidestepping and attacking again pretty well applies to most enemy encounters in Severance also.

no. these "tactics" worked pretty well for me.

the combat is actually pretty atrocious. the rest of the game is amazing though.

was the combat system as good as it looks?

Action and RNG hit chance don't mix well, but for the sake of RPG it's actually fine though.

The basic is the same, that's why I compared it to Severance. The difference is, the animation and controls of Gothic are far more janky.

Yeah. The only downside is the Mortal Combat style combos, but overall it's the best melee combat in a video game I've ever experienced.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

This game got everything right. Characters, quests, game world, exploration, combat, factions, musical score.

You could have had a nice thread, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you had to kill it before it even started.

You best be joking.

I genuinely believe World of Xeen is the best RPG ever made.

Oh please, not a single TES game has been good at all.

Ehh, the mines are fucking awful but everything after is good. I would say wizardry 6 is the best rpg ever made but i guess its down to being a MM or wiz fan. why did they have to put those unavoidable poison gas traps all over the last floor of the mines?

and weebshit only takes half a brain to play, fuck off.

Every single TES game has been good, even the worst one.

I'm not a fan of the grid-based movement and lack of verticality, MM6 was a godsend.

Pick one

Weebs with Peter Pan syndrome should be banned. That's an /a/-tier post.

Cuckchanners who think they're welcome here should be banned.

Uhhh…

Look guise, this is the kind of pleb that plays Dork Souls like a turtle then thinks he is GUD

Lmao

>>>/cuckchan/

Reminder this is a thread that started with gothic, a medieval fantasy rpg

Yes.
Severance is the the third person view combat game ever (and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic the best first person).
It's basically what Dark Souls should be if it wasn't incredibly slow to be maneuverable with a gamepad…

Severance is a lot slower than dark souls, drop the pretense of superiority

Kill yourself, weeb

At least the name suits thats piece of shit

Risen 1 was decent.

You have shit taste.

This fellow emplaa I mean user here in Holla Forums is right. Buy Skyrim™ EE Special Marketeers Bumhole Edition today!

ELEX is just around the corner! I'm sure it's going to be great!

risen 1 was decent, thats a fact, but risen 2 is shit and risen 3 is even worse. i have 0 hopes for elex
its like making risen 1 they still had some memory of what gothic was like, but they totally forgot it when making risen 2 and onward, maybe huge workers shift? doesnt matter. but i think i can still recommend risen 1.

You know nothing and if you knew something you would know not to have said something like that.

It's not that they forgot, it's that people who did Gothic 1&2 aren't the same that did Risen 2&3. It's the same thing with Bioware.

no that was me, it's worth discussing because it's a game people rightfully revere by someone who was at the time a nobody with zero experience and is absolutely a fascinating look back at a wildly different era, much more interesting than something like dark lands

Wew lad, someone feels attacked. Fuck off back to your circlejerk thread.

Really makes you think…

lmao, project harder, play some real games too faggot

What do you mean user?

Because making an empty world filled with nothing and shit gameplay is easier and sells more.

At having shit gameplay and being broken as fuck, yeah.

sure buddy

What did he mean by this

such a great and underrated game

It came out the same year oblivion did. Guess where all the normalfag attention and (((journalism))) went.

Too linear, small and repetitive (toss enemies into hazard) levels. Shallow customization and questing. Might and Magic 3 to 7 are better RPGs.

Obviously but Messiah wasn't supposed to top them as an rpg.

If you have to use exploits then the game is shit.

Night of the Raven is shit. The expansion story is fun as hell and the increased difficulty is cool but it all goes to shit when the game gives you the best weapon in the game in chapter 2 after you kill the expansion boss. Vanilla feels a lot more seamless and the pacing of the story is just perfect. Vanilla doesn't make half of the game's weapons obsolete like the fucking claw of Beliar in NotR. If vanilla Gothic 2 is a beautiful Italian supercar worth 4 million dollars the expansion is the same car but with flame decals, a goofy looking custom spoiler, neon lights and a shitload of subwoofers blasting awful nigger music.

Automatic garbage.

well… just don't use it?

It is made by Obsidian when they were still okay, now go hang yourself under a beansprout, you retard, so your parents could be finally proud of you relieving them the obligation to raise your dumbass and contributing to local newspaper by making news.

I have shitty blobbers on my phone that are better.

Mount and blade is still the best rpg ever made.

in order for that to be true it would have to be a good game first.

Imagine an rpg that's open like skyrim, has gothic II tier quests, and combat like dark messiah?
Witcher 3

It is.