Treehouse confirmed for still fucking up translations

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/wii-iso/fatal-frame-4-english-patched/
youtu.be/9yNIIwI1rak?t=116
00tn2.blogspot.ca/2014/08/dark-souls-2.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thanks Treehouse.

reminder that nintendo will never suffer one iota of consequences/punishment for this.

reminder that you enabled this situation by buying the wii, the 3dshitty, the wii u, the amiboos, and the switch.

What can we do to fix the Western localizations system?

Non moonspeakers will remain forever cucked. I can only laugh at your pain at this point.

Out of morbid curiosity, what is the worst modern translation yet seen? Doesn't have to be limited to treehouse' dumblr dribble either.

Stop supporting it dipshit.

wat if
we make a treehouse-tan then draw r34 parody of her shit translations
drawfagolypse nao

YFW NOT A NINTENCUCK

Is yuro-version safe?
They did their own translation last time.

I don't even know what game this is

Hire professionals who actually speak the language and care about what they put out

Nobody plays japanese games anyway *shrugs*

The DUWANG translation of JJBA Part 4's manga is notoriously bad.

Who is Marina and who the fuck is treehouse?

It's splatoon, Marina is a nigger and she changes from meek to ghetto tire in English for some reason :^)

Might want to specify there if you mean unintentionally/inexperiencedly bad, and willfully fucked up (both are bad, but the former can likely improve). Also whether it's "professionally" done, or fan done.

I don't think that counts or we might as well start a hentai translation thread. I needs to be "professional". Not in a competent way, but in a paid to do it way.

While that's a perfect example, I meant in the realm of vidya. Jesus christ though,that's painful to look at.

yeah, fuck treehouse. fuck mariefags too, they enabled this

Duwang is beautiful in it's own way you take that back!

Don't insult Marie like that.

Her name is still Marina fag OP just said she is Marie 2.0.

this makes me sad.

Oh, my mistake.
It's not like I have a wii u or switch to play it anyways

Her name is still Marina. Marie is a character from the first game. If nobody's lying out their asshole about the translation-job (ie what the post in OP's image says is actually true) then they're trying to force the same character-dynamic onto Pearl and Marina that Callie and Marie had in the first Splatoon through rewrites; Jap version's Callie/Marie exchanges were loosely rewritten but ultimately kept the gist, OP's screencap has completely different lines which don't suit the character's design or body-language.

t. Treehouse cuck
>>>/somethingawful/ is where you go

The meme translation of Yugioh Tag Force Special as far as fan translations.

Anime secondaries truly ruin everything

I think it's a pretty proper application of localization. Western audiences would be confused by a black woman being polite.

No, that's wrong. I heard that it was a translation from Chinese to English; although I'm sure it was a school project.
It makes sense why DUWANG was so bad when it was put through two separate languages.

I would argue that the new releases of JJBA (from like 2011 on) breathed new life into the series for the worse. Now granted, I got into it and other anime around the same time, but I know how not to ruin things; I've enjoyed the series passively and from a distance to the fanbase, and even read the manga.

tfw Part 8's current encounter is just recycled Oasis and Greenday from Part 5

Didn't that one SAO game have a machine translation that was awful?

Reminder that Treehouse is now directly involved in the development process of games before they even get a JP release so they can "advise" the developers on what to do so less changes need to made to the western release. Learning JP is useful, but thinking that doing so solves the problem is burying your head in the sand.

Oh yeah that one, I can't find the image but my favorite is when they fucked up the coding for and had it spill over into the chat log kek

To be fair, she's a nigger. Are niggers ever meek and polite? Nothing with shitskin is 'meek and polite'.

(You)

I don't know, this looks like a human error.
Should I dump all I have on shitty localizations, aside from NISA?

Yes.

Except that's wrong. Look at her face. She's Ganguro

Yes you had it good shit.

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT MUH B-B-BASED NINTENDO

This
TRUST BUT VERIFY
NO SOURCE, NO OUTRAGE

Hopefully you're right about this

As do I.

Okay, I'm going to avoid NISA as the thread would just be full of NISA shit.

More proof dq7 is the worst game in the series regardless of what its on.

This.
We have a bunch of jewtendo threads up at all times.
You faggots did this, I hope you enjoy this.

Thats not how it works.

Gotta have snark. Up the snark levels. I want at least 50 more Joss Whedon snarkers. The kid's demand the snark. Where's the sarcasm button in this game?

Until we get a screencap, footage, or something else more substantial than "dood i saw this post on The Chanz that confirms the translation" then there's nothing to believe and OP is probably just trying to set up an ebic salt party or fishing for bad translation screencaps like what that other guy is dumping or something.

its treehouse, if anything it'll be worse

In fairness that BOTW screencap is a piss-take at the types that spout that, if anything. Joke on the character's part (which he immediately explains) because Hyrule is a demolished country that doesn't have an establishment anymore.

I wanna see it though. No proof no buy(ing it)

Not necessarily a bad thing; before the SJW shit started, you could use other/unspecified. Of course in CURRENT YEAR, you know it's exactly for that

theres your problem. play better games, u don't have to worry about this.

If this is true, (And I really hope it isn't) we can use this against Memehouse and the cucks that defend them. Pose as angry leftists decrying the change as "racist" for making the only "black" character into a sassy stereotype.
"You said Nintendo games aren't political right Reggie? Why haven't you fired your racist translation team yet?"

That debacle with Soleil will always make me 200% Platinum Mad. She's the only good waifu in IF.

And that's all for now.
Remember, You can't let them win.

TBH other than Giving Nell Sleeves I see vast improvments in AW's localization, a rare example where localization actually made something relevant and recognizable for audiences of a different culture, who the fuck would have thought to do something so revolutionary?

What are you even trying to imply here? It doesn't matter if it was funny or not, especially since that varies from person to person, it matters if that's what the original said. It's highly unprofessional to insert your own shit when translating.

which fatal frame is that?

fuck

You just can't hold anyone accountable for anything.

Looks like the latest one for Wii U.

The 5th.

I don't personally care about additions to the script if they're neutral (ie don't alter plot elements or actively detract from a character or situation) or actually play into the character; with the example given, it's to help illustrate he's a nutter and outcast through a screeched-out joke that probably fell flat. Unprofessional, probably, but with a lot of projects if you follow the Jap script 1:1 or don't change around anything to help illustrate meaning you'll get a dry or nonsensical script, and embellishments or neutral additions such as that can expedite the process and not make it a slog to read.

Thanks.

Nigger it says it's a rewrite Exhentai has a tag devoted to idiots rewriting the dialogue of various doujins to change the context. (i.e. change a vanilla manga to incest) that isn't a bad translation faggot chose to change the story dumbass.

Why does this happen so much and why do we not have a name for this shit

That's the point.

What does Mae says in Japonese?

Yeah that's not how it works, while I am sure there are retards (I know I've worked with them) translating this shit, most of this kind of stuff falls on the editor. I've worked on plenty of projects both professional and fan-based and they both always have the same to problems: A. The person translating doesn't have a good grasp the language so they make guesses or just make shit up. B. The translator has a decent grasp of the language but tries to add too much flavor, changing the character too far from what it should be. C. It doesn't translate well and is changed, or the content is changed to suit the culture that it's being translated into. And more often than not D. The editor has a specific idea in mind for what the character should be like and will completely rewrite the lines that were translated.

That being said, you also need to understand that a lot of characters are changed from their Japanese stereotypes to Western, especially American, stereotypes to make the game more enjoyable and palatable for those audiences.

Keep this in mind that if you want to play the Japanese version with the content that was intended for Japanese audiences, learn Japanese. No translation, no matter how good would ever do it justice.

Do you really not understand?

Probably working design Lunar abominations.

nicoblog.org/wii-iso/fatal-frame-4-english-patched/

At least the 4th one is patched.

I don't think you understand, are manips on /d/ bad translations? No, because they aren't translations, most of the people who do this don't know Japanese they just take the doujin and make it match their fetish after someone else already did.

Is this from halfchan or something? Where are the screenshots and multiple nipponese anons confirming?

It appears I'm a fucking idiot, please forgive my retardation. I'm not too familiar with rewrites, but I dislike them regardless.

It's fine and you're right that it's fucking awful, most people who do this also have shitty incest fetishes as well. They also suck at photo editing.

No, no, I think it's just that the guys responding to you are retarded. They didn't understand that calling a complete and blatant rewrite "official" in the context of laughing at actual shitty translations is the point.

It's a joke. A joke aimed at the laughably shitty and purposefully incorrect content produced by actual "localizers", who themselves are a joke.

I can continue posting if you like. Though it won't erase your previous posts or make you look any less the fool for not catching something so obvious

Was him not understanding the rewrite tag in this post also part of the joke?

You are what's wrong with the translation and localization industry. Just because you or a translator don't think a character has enough characterization in the Nip script doesn't mean you should be adding more. The job of a translator is to translate. Not alter unnecessarily and not "improve".

tl;dr rewrites for idiots
>Old : BAAAAAAAAAD because old
>New : good because new
RELAX IT'S JUST A REWRITE BRO !!!!

No, he was still working under the (correct) position that you're an idiot, and he had to point out the obvious. You didn't get it there, and even after I swooped in to help him out, you still aren't getting it. I'll break it down piecemeal for you from the beginning.

Thus named because it's entirely original content, in Japanese by Japanese, desired by EOP because of its quality.
A completely fine and dandy translation. EOP can now enjoy this great content in their native language.
A blatant rewrite, terribly translated and often just completely making shit up. Total garbage that only shit-eating retards would want.

It's a 3 part statement on the state of affairs in actual translation-land in current year. It's named "official" because actual (((professional))) standards are so terrible that they are often of the same quality as this rewrite.

That you wouldn't intuitively understand this incredibly simple piece demonstrates how fucking retarded you are. Do you have high melanin content, perhaps? Do you need me to break it down further, perhaps with pictures? Please signal your interpreter to respond in the affirmative, if so.

Oh get over yourself, the very job of translation often entails that you can't actually present things as they are in the Japanese script. Jokes that don't translate, grammatical weirdness or overly-flowery prose when directly translated, references to the home-culture of the player in a game that wouldn't apply to a Western audience, all of these things would by necessity create rewrites to suit a different audience. You'll notice I went out of my way to clarify my stance is that I don't care if a game is given new material so long as it doesn't actually detract from the original work. And that's not even getting into cases where the translation, with all of its additions and changes or even flat-out rewrites, is agreed to be better than the original work; Kid Icarus Uprising is one example I very often see cited as being better than its derivative, since while they rewrote quite a bit, they gave a damn about its rewrite and made sure it would be good. I can't profess to have seen anybody kick a fuss about that particular game getting a facelift in its overseas incarnations. Wasn't there something about Sakurai preferring it to the JP release? I might've been reading some Holla Forumsirgin making shit up about Sakurai's opinion though.

So excuse me if I may but can you explain the statement here?

Are you implying he's lying because that's not very nice.

The thing is, give an inch and they take a mile, as well as what may be good to you is not for the other user. Take for example a character referencing some old japanese haiku. Do you replace it with a shakespeare quote so the west understands it's old and the character is referring something? Do you keep it as is and just hope they know their haiku history? Do you do something in between? And this uncertainty leads to a translator changing a joke to a meme, and thinking it's ok to add their politics in and start rewriting. Better to be no tolerance.

>Perpetuating the retarded idea that Japanese is some mythical god-language replete with concepts utterly foreign to the English mind that simply can not be translated

Nice projection, leftist.
Nope.
Which you explain.
Doesn’t exist; that’s what translation is.
That’s. what. translation. is. NOT changing the message.
Which you explain.
Nope. Not necessity.
That’s definitionally what happens. You are defending this shit.

Go ahead. I can't wait.

video related

Don't shows & visual novels have translator's notes for certain words to do that?

Yes, but that is often a cop out for lazy translators, who don't know what they are doing and are often "keikaku means plan" tier. Not to mention pausing the game or anime mid sentence to say "here the character references tojo the faggot known for his edo era paintings of farting, this is significant because blah blah blah" can break the flow or take up valuable screen space.

just keep them dumb and buying eh rabi? God forbid they actually interact with another culture and learn something new outside of what you want them to know

Those are some nice jelly donuts user

The only time it is ever excusable to not do a direct translation are puns. In Japanese the hardest is usually when it's kanji pun (kanji X looks similar to kanji Y). Puns being quirks of language (and thus, if removed from the context of that language make no fucking sense) is the only thing a translator should work around. Other than that their job is to give me as close to 1 to 1 translation as possible.

If professionally done it's almost never but I have seen it very few rare times but they usually just remove it. Fan translations do it all the time (keikaku means plan)
I don't think I've ever read an officially translated vn so I just don't know. Fan ones do sometimes,.

You deserve these shitty translations.

Thank you, this is the point I wanted to make in that post. I'm sorry that you had to explain it.

Word puns are the worst to have translated, no matter which language it is. I'm sure there's something where a Jap word pun plays huge importance to the plot. That would be a living hell to translate. I recall Net High couldn't get an Xseed localization because it relied on word puns too much.

I'd say that were a bit of a leap if I didn't already know there were faggots in the industry that pulled this kind of thing, though I think calling for their heads specifically rather than attempting to adopt a no-tolerance-it-must-be-1:1 stance is better in the end.

I'm sure a manzai routine is hi-larious subtitled in English m8.

You're not supposed to jump the shark in your first rebuttal user.

Those jelly donuts look scrumptious. 4kids' dubs get hilarity points for how much they censor or just miss the point though.

Most of the people that fan-translate visual novels are terrible. I remember working on one where the person who started the translation (the project leader) thought he was an expert at Japanese but actually knew little to nothing and "translated" half the game already and 90% of it besides the most basic stuff was wrong. It would have been better if he put it into Google translate. Anyway, I wound up getting moved to another game because I was brought on to check his translation and I changed the whole thing to reflect what was actually being said in Japanese.

It's often the ones that don't speak the language at or, or very little, that think they know the most.

浅学菲才

Wow Net High looks amazing! guess I know what my next game will be. Thanks!

That second World War design they had was infinitely better than the original.

That's why they took that mini-game out of Rhythm Tengoku. I mean the alternative was to make it a Three Stooges routine.

I've never heard of a pun being a key fixture to the plot. In that game it appears to be a base mechanic which is a gigantic pain in the ass to recode if they were to attempt to translate to English. It is an interesting mechanic though. The only time I've seen puns come into play plot wise is making a character appear comedic and dull (as he constantly spotes stupid puns and chuckles to himself) to later be someone just feigning ignorance. In that instance you can get away with giving him English puns, or turn him into a bumbling buffoon some other way.

What about games like 999 or dangan ronpa who rely heavily on them to solve puzzles? I'm sure leighton and wright have that problem too.

YEP. It’s literally not that hard.

Please, faggot.

I'm having a hard time understanding your point are you trying to point out when puns affect the plot (the over arching story) or mechanics (puzzle solving). In puzzle games like Professor Latin I don't think I've ever seen the actual overarching plot have a pun related lynch pin. Now the puzzles usually had very punny titles but that wasn't the overarching plot and again as I said puns don't translate so if they want to throw in new puns I don't mind since puns are a translators nightmare. I don't remember any of the hints (gameplay mechanic) that had puns in them either but some might have.
Again overarching plot did not have anything critical that was pun related, and I don't even remember the puzzles having that.

No I didn't say you were wrong, I just have no intention of entertaining something that starts off with a sperg-out of that caliber.

I remember a big end-game plot-point where Zero told you to open the "9" door, but he was actually talking about a "Q" door. They just share the same pronunciation, at least 9 does in Japanese. It only got away with it because the original DS version had no voice acting and q and 9 look very alike.

How did they do it in the original?

WHT THE HELL IS THIS BULLSHIT?!

Holy fuck, you’re bad at this.

Are you pretending not to know that trannies are 100% “normal” in all modern media settings now, user?

It's not even Marina in the Japanese version.

No, I just never thought someone (Or something) without brain cells would actually greenlit this made up gender, But seeing how low society is willing to go this one actually got me out of all the media autism.

I assume they did the same thing like the English version where they wrote [9] and [q] like that; I can't find the Jap version. I saw the wikipedia page for it and there appears to be something regarding that. This comes from Wikipedia, so let's be skeptical if it's true or not.

if your still buying Nintendo shit then you deserve getting ass fucked translations

This. The more I learn of Japanese, the more I realize just how hard it is to translate it to English without it sounding odd, mechanical or verbose.

I've attempted my own "faithful" translation of the stage introductions. I was trying to find Japanese footage of OP's stages, but couldn't so I settled for other stages.

Some interesting notes: Pearl and Marina are ヒメ(Hime) and イイダ(Iida). Instead of Cake vs Icecream, it was Rock vs Pop in Japan.

Well I imagine if there is a "q" door and a "9" door that any use of those numbers on the art in game was in the Arabic style. So when referring to doors (say the one with the giant arabic 9 written on it) I imagine in the Japanese text at least doors were referred to even in conversation as "9" for example rather than "九つ". Else I don't understand how they would convey the pun in written text. Maybe hiragana vs katakana? But then, because there was no voice acting, the developers had to intentionally put in the wrong information which isn't very clever.

And who decides whether or not it does? You? The translator?
None of these things would necessitate adding new dialogue where there was none like you condoned.
Eat your hamburgers Apollo.
Again, does not matter. It is not a translators job to "improve" something. If the Japanese work is objectively shit, then it's shit, and the translation should reflect that.
You are literally what is wrong with the translation and localization industry. Are you a translator?

No translation is truly 1:1 and the idea that the people complaining about translation have this stance is a common SJWeeb and goon strawman. All I want is no alterations, no additions, no subtractions. What you were defending was a completely unnecessary addition on the basis that help better show the character's personality. You're no better than that NISA(?) translator who said in reference to his work that he likes "to add flavor with his meals".

I think you might actually be an aspiring translator.

The other user was throwing his accusation almost blindly, but this pretty much confirms he was right.

Your first post is about 70% sperg.

I'm curious. Can you provide an example of a work of translation that meets your standards?

I can't name any with certainty because a well done translation is marked by the absence of any problem, whereas tampering tends to stand out. Essentially anything I haven't found a problem with yet perfectly meets my standards And I wouldn't consider them my standards as the kinds of changes I've been arguing against are not part of a translator's job, they're profession standards. until some problem presents itself. I especially can't name vidya translations with certainty since the industry is so rife with faggots who take advantage of their position to alter nip games. I know there are some companies that do things in-house that some anons have said are very good about staying true to the original script. Can anyone name any? I think XSeed was one, so most games by them would qualify. So any Senran and Trails games.

It's okay when Nintendo does it.

profession
professional*

Of course! :^)
youtu.be/9yNIIwI1rak?t=116

Just name any that didn't trip any of your alarms then. Doesn't even have to be video games.

Definitely not Senran.

In the Japanese version, the characters heard the word spoken. I actually just played through the intro since my curiosity was piqued.
In the Japanese version, Zero tells the players that they're looking for a door with a【9】, since it's written that way, I think it's a forced misunderstanding, since in context they're talking about (and have seen) doors with numbers on them. Ironically, the misunderstanding works better in the English version, where the players see "9" (actually q) on a set of written instructions instead. Too bad the pun gets lost.

That's just it though. What I'm trying to say is the vast majority of things I've read and played that have been translated I have no problem with because I have yet to find one. I could name dozens of of anime and videogames. Here's one I can be fairly certain about. I watched Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex English dubbed and partially watched it subbed. The differences between the sub and dub were minimal and there were no instances I noticed where the subtitles either obviously didn't match what a character was saying or their tone of voice. I've played about half of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne: and I'm playing the beginning of SMT:DDS and have noticed nothing off so far. A quick search for "shin megami tensei digital devil saga censorship", "shin megami tensei nocturne censorship", and "Ghost in the Shell standalone complex censorship" returns practically nothing.

Whoops, forgot they did change some things in those. I believe the ages of the girls were removed, despite them not being underage in most place the game would be shipped and certainly not in most places in the US.

Also, this is not something that should even matter since they are not real.

Me when given a direct comparison between the original work and the translated line, since outside of internet memes (and sometimes not even then as it turned out with Persona 5) and other obvious tells there's nothing but one's own hunches to go off of in a translation.
No, it wouldn't.
After-school club activities, a parent's occupation being changed to something more appropriate to a western audience, soda-brand that doesn't exist in the west being changed to a Coke or Pepsi parody.
Splitting hairs here but I don't think there'd be a translation in that scenario from lack of publisher or independent interest.
You really need to quit making me stop paying attention by invoking board-boogeymen like that, but that'd be something to ask the user I replied to since he invoked "no tolerance" and I was going off of my assumption on what he meant.
Which it accomplishes and I deem acceptable because it doesn't actually come across as out-of-place or portray the character in a different light than what was intended. Throwaway line that changes absolutely nothing. Could just as easily go without it, but I don't begrudge its being there.
I have absolutely no idea who you're talking about. Screencap?
You aren't supposed to stop reading mid-sentence like that, I had the courtesy of reading the "ur leftist" user's first sentence to completion before writing him off as a moron.
(You)

DDS's English opening is different from the original Japanese version, although I like the English version better. That's not really censorship though, but I think if the game was made today, Atlus wouldn't make the same decision it did back then.

So the western release had to add art for the written instructions to get the pun accrossed while the original Japanese is a forced misunderstanding due to it being a verbal pun but has no voice acting. That's just amazing.

I'm pretty sure one of the characters just found a note in their pocket or something and read it for the group.

Awesome, wasn't gonna buy a switch before but now i'm sold. Fuck that anime bullshit.

Reminder that you're never getting those 10 bucks back.

Nope, it just rearranged some of the already existing story events.
In the Japanese, they're simply told that part of the rules, and some other rules are explained later.
In the English release, they're told most of the rules on a note slipped in their pockets. No new assets. They did goof up, though. At the end of the game, when everyone realizes they've been had, they think back to when they read the note, but they use the graphic of the loudspeaker. Whoops.

These are all completely unnecessary changes. the first of which you listed is absolutely pants on head retarded for multiple reasons. After school club activities show up in pretty much any anime having anything to do with Nip school life and getting rid of them in lieu of something else is nearly culture erasure for the sake of de-Japanifying something that takes place in Japan. After school clubs are not a concept that is alien to the west and may schools have various extra-curricular activities and clubs kids can join.
Why would any parent occupation in Japan be "inappropriate" to a western audience? 95% of time the job is "salaryman", a office job. What is inappropriate about that?
WHY? For the love god why? Why make this completely unnecessary change? Are people are going to be upset by learning of the existence of a foreign soda company?
In that case, there's no need for the "improvements" you're trying to justify.
Is that supposed to be an insult, or can you really not comprehend that I was quoting the most relevant part of the sentence to my response?

Also

You can't possibly be surprised by this.

Not anymore. I can find it hilariously bad though. See timestamp link

I suspect that, in the land where that user hails from, those are completely foreign occupations. They need to be "localized" to something more immediately obvious, such as "Bull Prepper," or "Semen Flavor Analyst."

Nintencucks will still buy anyway.

I never paid nintendo 10 bucks though.

user is from the Swedish Caliphate?

Since you like writing off other people's arguments without reading them, let me sum up the one thing that BTFO's all of your bullshit.
God forbid we make someone learn about another culture.
God forbid an American has to acknowledge that there are other countries in the world besides the United States.
God forbid someone actually has to put some effort into understanding something about the country who's media they are consuming.
That is always what disgusted me about the Weebs, they only care about consuming the media but never about understanding Japanese culture beyond a meme level. Hell, I don't claim to be an expert nor would I want to be considered one. But changing things just so that people in other countries feel comfortable defeats the purpose of the media being produced in the first place.
Fuck man, imagine your logic applied in reverse. Like if you were localizing movies and made The Godfather into a story about warring Yakuza families even though the setting is obviously New York?

And what about that is shit you dumb faggot.

Japan's history is facinating. The japs are the first to make the massage chair apparently.

That the Yakuza and the Mafia are two totally different things you mouth-breather.

And what about that would make the movie shit.

That's what the Mafia 3 devs thought too.

you'd have to be hard pressed to call the average nigger gang a mafia.

I've said this before to the other user I was arguing with twice. It's not about whether the changes make the movie better or not, it's about keeping the source material intact. Also, I think you're operating under two assumptions here.
1) The movie now takes place in Japan and is literally about the Yakuza.
This is not I what believe the other user was saying at all. He said it still takes place New York. What he was talking about wasn't a Japanese remake of the events of The Godfather with a Yakuza setting, he was talking about translation, like dubbing or subbing. It absolutely would be shit and look retarded if you as a Nip watched The Godfather in JP dub and all the fucking Mafia people in it pretended they were Japanese Yakuza.
2) The user is saying the movie would be bad because the Yakuza are shit compared to the Mafia.

It'd make this look like a faithful adaptation. If you want a movie about the Yakuza, make one. Don't Frankenstein a good movie about a totally different crime organization into a Yakuza movie it'll look stupid.

Screencapped.

Boy fuckin' howdy, you've got "Treehouse" written all over your stupid fucking face right now. Jesus Christ.

Those dubs speak the truth that nintoddlers refuse to hear.

They're the longest running joke of gaming.

Nintendo used to have all the cool third party games back in the 90's. Back when Konami wasn't shit and Capcom still cared about quality.

"Self-respect" is just a made up term to shame people with. It holds no actual meaning.

polite sage

t. literal cuck

Reminder that the switch isn't region locked anymore, so you guys can buy the european/japanese version of the game instead. Hell, regularly, the EU english version has a different translation that actually could be more reliable.
Buy the proper version if you really want splatoon 2, then send your complaint with a picture of your receipt or some shit on social media/by email/by snailmail or some shit.
MAKE YOURSELF HEARD OR THAT GARBAGE WILL KEEP HAPPENING FAGGOTS

Reminder

In other words, don't buy any Nintendo shit period.

Treehouse gets the complaints either way and they never reach up to the people that could actually change something.

It's fucking worthless, you're just wasting your time

The nintendo nicknames are the cutest.

NoA actively shields them from criticism and hides the shit they get up to from NoJ.

Don't laugh, one day Treehouse will be involved in the development of every gook games.

Looks like I'm getting the JP version.
Woo no region lock.

Who actually likes this type of sassy bitch character? Is it supposed to be funny?

Am I too late for a bad translation example? (but say it with your mouth really full)

On a personal note, fuck anyone who translates engrish into english. I can hear what they're saying, don't fuck with it.

NO, it's you the one who needs to grow up.

I'd say you tried, but that would be a lie.

It was funny when there were actual drooling nintendo die-hards in every thread, but now it's just a bunch of redditors trying to fit in by screeching about it and posting the same 20 images while the Nintendo fans are sitting at home connecting 30 cables to their Switch to play Spla2oon and ARMS.

I have completely forgotten about this tard. What is Chipman doing these days?

Hmn, the english text seems fairly close to the japanese…
Is this whole thread just fake outrage?

How long before she responds to Pearl with "Ugh, seriously?"

Maybe that's Nintendo's master plan. If people are so tangled up in cables that they can't move they won't be able to buy anything from the competition.

No excuse for the bullshit in OP but translation is a lot harder than you'd expect. You might only have the lines of text with no context, no idea who is speaking or when speaker changes between lines; events being out of order and branching to different places in the file. So you basically have to play the game at the same time, repeating everything after you've translated it, multiplied by every branching path; which must be really great with the autosaving bullshit games do now. You also have to cram english into half as much space as you actually need.

Ah, fuck. I wanted to play that. How bad is it and are there better english translations about? I know the original was pretty heavily censored, but that was more just being extra subtle about the more controversial shit, like Leonard being a pedo.
Is Nier (((localized)))?

Since when do we have "localization" apologists on the board?

>Is Nier (((localized)))

Surprisingly, not really. The only difference I noticed is when you meet a character named Jackass, in the Japanese version they just meet her straight-faced, while they show some awkwardness in the English translation, which is alright.

Writing deep stuff as usual, I guess.

Probably. The OP has no source and is thus a faggot.

>Surprisingly, not really. The only difference I noticed is when you meet a character named Jackass
He said Nier you retard, not Automata. If he was talking about the new game, he probably wouldn't be saying he wants to play DoD3, one of the older games.

Holy shit, I've seen that pic many times but never noticed this irony.

It's summer, so the board is flooded with console war retards from cuckchand and leddit.

The fact that the original Nier has good localization is common knowledge by now.

You should kill yourself though

Drakengard 3 isn't even that old

Well that's good.

Nah, I just couldn't be fucked typing out the extra 4-8 letters.

Dragon Quest is so retarded because they had fucking English translations already. I actually looked yesterday and there is a non-retail translation for the DS DQ6 also.

So is the fact that they fucked with Zero's personality.

Well then, color me retarded.

JPN AW is fucking retarded. West is a huge improvement for all of them. Any more rare examples of the West being better?

It's if you don't feel like letting other people know your gender.

I hate how we all dug this grave we are in.

STOP BULLYING NINTENDO YOU SONYGGERS!

They're getting what they deserve, faggot.

I'm glad there are anons buying Switch out of spite on you Sonyggers. Saging shit thread.

Surely you don't care what that awful board thinks, right?
Elitism is good, but not when you're arrogant as well.

the "no console wars" rule prevents a ton of legitimate criticism and offering alternatives, it's a bad rule that only protects over-sensitive idiots.

why are you so assmad about sony exactly? I mentioned fuck all about it, for all you know I could be a fucking xbox fag or something since I'm posting this from a computer that's running windows 7, you fucking idiot.

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

A HANDFULL of faggots with any sort of influence and loud mouths and "muh soggy knees" are in charge of this shit and ruin it for everyone else and DUCKBAGS LIKE YOU DEFEND IT!

Nintendo is shit now, at least, but that's stupid, since vidya was considered kiddy-shit before 2007. Not only that, but cartoons are still considered "for kids" by many (mostly older people).

Might have meant "cuckbag", since the "c" and "d" keys are next to each other.

The 5th one doesn't make any sense in the change, as it was intentionally made creepy with the dialouge and the clothing meshing together to show that the person behind the camera had intentions of taking advantage of her.

With normal clothing on, it just looks like a typical model shooting, but the arrangement of specific fetish clothing (Scarf, Bikini, Boots) is a red flag for the scene. It's not JUST a bikini, it's the man's specific fetish, and it's blatant that's what it is. Without the outfit, the tone of the scene COMPLETELY changes and the intent is far more vague and much more innocuous.

They'd have literally done better with a slight blur to the screen, but no, they completely fuck up the whole thing. Localizers are fucking garbage.

Puyo Puyo Tetris' localization is just really spotty. There are some really strange lines sometimes and the VAs for the female characters are generally not good, but everything else is okay. I don't really know how to feel about it.

Something tells me they either did a JP>KR>EN because goddammit the wording is horrible in some parts

Schezo was always like that, albeit to a slightly lesser extent. PuyoTet's story is mostly intended to be comedic in the first place so I can give most of it a pass. Agreed on the va work. I feel a lot of it doesn't really match the character's personalities, like Sig and Feli, but others I'd say are fairly well done like Amitie and Raffine. Ringo's japanese voice makes her super cute but her english voice is kinda meh. JP Ringo's my 2nd favorite character. Rulue's ENG voice is far inferior to her JP voice.

Last pic is the only one I had a problem with, other two pics are lines I like. Sorry, should have been more clear.

This. The entire game industry is a shitshow, and the fanboys can't handle the truth.

Manzai uses Japanese puns, most of which are multi-layered, along with reference humor and are unique to the language. Thanks to the crazy ass nature of the japanese language and varied accents within, most puns are triple layered. Since they rely on the phonetic nature of the language, they of course have loads of routines that do not translate well.

In order to make a English manzai routine, it would be equatable to making constant puns and thus new jokes. ie "did you hear that the chicken crossed the road? / I wondered what that clucker was up to!"

Not hard to do, but impossible for a humorless group of brainwashed leftist college kids to writer for given that they're basically programmed to see microagressions in every fucking breath of the ducks that fly 10 miles above their heads.

This sort of thing is due to a lack of skill on their part and a sheer, bigoted even, unwillingness to learn exactly what these japanese concepts equate to.

You see, you would have to change a Manzai routine, but the difference between a good translator and the trash we have now is that a good one would make silly jokes that fit the style of comedy, while feminist crazies we have now the ones we have now would turn it into Man-is-bad-Zai.

And that's how you do a Manzai joke in english.

First one that comes to mind is digimon cyber sleuth

Better idea: Nobody ever tries making Manzai jokes in English. Ever.

He more than likely meant to say dickbags and you know it. Besides, he's 100% correct. These few good goyim ruin an entire industry. It happened with movies, it happened with music, it happened to books a LONG time ago, and it is happening to video games right before our eyes.
AND YOU FUCKS STILL DON'T EXPUNGE ANYONE HERE THAT DEFENDS THESE PRACTICES! DON'T BITCH Holla Forums, THIS IS THE GRAVE WE ALL DUG OURSELVES. NOW LIE DOWN AND ACCEPT THE FUTURE WE HAVE MADE.

generally because they're fucking puns

comprehend this, the Japanese LIKE PUNS

we nuked them twice, this is the reason.

I just find it Punny I dunno about you

I wonder if these faggots who deserve bullets going through their eyes honestly thought this was a good idea because we liked when games with zero role-playing & character development received some proto-memes in the western releases.

Well, maybe we were just fission for a reason to bomb them.

They're all busy translating technical documents and legal contracts. The ones who can't handle anything important end up doing literature, and the ones doing games, anime, and such are the ones who couldn't even manage that.

Shame is a slave's emotion which can be used to manipulate your behavior. that's what SJW's do.
They SHAME people into submission then destroy them further.

im not?????

IS THAT A JOEJOE REFERENCE XDDD ???

Why is that fujoshit anime so popular anyway?

Sorry, but /a/ is objectively shit. Shame, since the board itself has fairly good taste.
Also, I never said I liked JoJo never seen it, but was merely making a point to the other user, making a stab at /a/ because of my distaste with the board.

because stands

Also, those sorts of assumptions are becoming more and more common, and weren't a thing a couple years ago. Because people had better reasoning skills, I suppose.

fucking kill yourselves.

You first, fag.

Because it knows it's retarded? Again, I've never seen it.

Because the average "anime fan" only watches whatever is on and whatever was around at the time they were born. Coupled with the fact that it's shounen shit and thus over the top by default and you get the perfect shitstorm

kek, butthurt modern jojofags are the best

While I fully believe this is something they would do, do you have screenshots to prove it and not just an user post. It'll b easier to spread around with proof.

OP's only other post is doubting the image he posted. He never even said where he got it.

For what it is, it's fun, not the best thing ever but you can enjoy it without any kind of trouble

Not that I disagree with you but I haven't be in /a/ for a long time so why is shit?

Because they're arrogant about their elitism. Not saying elitism is bad and actually I believe the contrary, but it will kill you if it's got a toxic dose of arrogance. For example, according to them, the "dorito face", or ":^)", is "cancer" while ";_;" is acceptable. Thing is, ":^)" actually helps one to tell a cheeky or sarcastic comment when that sort of thing is normally difficult, being in text and all. While ";_;" can easily be replaced with a reaction image or some words. Funny thing, since I see ":^)" more times than I see ";_;" and the latter became more common as Holla Forums degenerated. Despite trying to reason with the vols, they refuse to see the superior method.
Now, the board itself isn't that bad, however the userbase seems to be completely fine with the insanity of the vols (a large part of the time, anyway) and even argue for them. Again, elitism is fine but if the only argument you can come up with against something logically sound is "don't talk like a nigger" because of the use of emoticons, and yet you STILL USE ONE AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT, I have nothing more to say to you.

wew

Imagine you are the board owner. Imagine comprising your boards ruleset based on your knowledge of /a/ culture, /a/ memes, everything /a/, gained solely from past screencaps, knowyourmeme primers, and a consultation of "how it used to be in the good ole' days" from meta threads comprised entirely of summerfags. You weren't there as it happened. The retards you are consulting in your threads, despite lying out their teeth about it, weren't there as it happened. Yet nevertheless, you have now, with the userbases blessing, become an authority on all things /a/ (back when it was good though :^) )

Now relentlessly, ruthlessly, police your board based on this infantile and incorrect re-imagining of old time /a/. Instruct all your hotpocketeers to do so as well. Aggressively ban anyone that disagrees with your creed. Ban anyone who uses the "incorrect" emotes. Ban anyone who posts the "incorrect" images. Ban anyone who uses the "incorrect" sites. Ban anyone who uses the "incorrect" writing style. Ban any discussion that isn't 10000000000000000% on topic, at all times 24/7. Ban anyone who even thinks about having the slightest bit of fun. All under the misguided and futile premise of "keeping out crossboarders" (that's part of their misinterpretation of /a/ culture.)

That's 8/a/ in a nutshell. Ruined before it could go anywhere by, hands down, the worst moderation this site has seen yet.

You get banned from there for mocking your own lolicon tendency ironically in case it offends hotpockets or the summerfags. And they will also ban you for saying that a milfu is superior to their daughterfu in every way.

Also what said.

Those are correct direct translations.

b-but daugterus are always superior

Their mods actually enforce rules and hate Holla Forumsermin in particular.

We could use more of that here.

EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW

The rules are complete bullshit and the mods are inconsistent on enforcement, I got banned for using "tbh" in an otherwise well put together, on topic post, meanwhile people talking about Starship Troopers in an Evangelion thread go unbanned

you deserved it tbh

That's because it's an autoban word you dunce. There's a list of them on /ameta/ somewhere.

These are not the same thing, you insufferable fucking nigger. This is bullshit equivocation. There is nothing wrong with keeping references to Japanese culture in a Japanese game. If players don't get it they can look it up and learn something.

Now that is just stupid. No wonder people shit on /a/

If you're posting like that in the first place, you're probably a faggot.

Wait, what nip game takes place on the Titanic?

Even if ironic, you did reverse that ban.

>This is somehow a notion so absolutely foreign and not at all super common and a cornerstone of much comedy in EVERY culture that culturalization specialists localizers have to drastically change and rewrite entire characters and alter their personalities
This is their logic. These are their excuses. They think this shit counts as a legitimate justification for the bullshit they do.

smh fam

Of course!

Buy more nintendo products goyim.

I've found Japanese footage of OP's lines, so once again I've done my own take on them to compare with the english version.

Yes.
Because all fans of a manga that has been around for OVER THIRTY YEARS is going to be an animeonly shitter.
I bet you also apply this logic to things like Berserk.
That's almost as retarded as saying that people only like Zelda because of BOTW while ignoring all of the other games.

I really need to learn japanese already.
I hope you and some other anons will regularly post accurate translations for the game.

Honestly its pretty fun to try to reverse engineer the official translator's thought process to find out how they arrived to a particular interpretation.

It's also interesting to see that even games where no one complains about the translation/localization can contain many translation oddities. Take the Souls games for example.

00tn2.blogspot.ca/2014/08/dark-souls-2.html

This website is a fascinating read.

I hope to god that was already in there in the first place.

Kill yourself nigger.

(checked)
can we make this our new secret code-word? It has a nice ring to it.

Isn't that haram /a/non?

No. It's only slightly less stupid than forced goon meme milkshake duck. At least this one occurred naturally.

Take a wild guess, user

Goon's are awful at memes. Typical duckbags! But you lose kiddo. Holla Forums is one person (three on Thursdays), Therefore its by decree our new secret password.

This. It's FF7 Barret ebonics all over again.

just as i imagined

nooooooooooooooooo

It's only cross-boarding if you admit it or behave like one. Adhere to the community you're in and you're golden. Thankfully Holla Forums and /a/ have mutual interests like 2D cuties.

No. Holla Forumsermin have no place on /a/.

Then fuck off to your shit board faggot.

Who are you to tell me that on here?

Nah, fuck off.

How many extra chromosomes do you have? Or maybe missing a few?

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Correction: Cross-boarding isn't if you don't behave like one. Similarly, don't behave like a bad tourist when travelling overseas.

Literally weeaboo tier logic in the original meaning of the word.

You clearly know about being a weeaboo since you're posting on here instead of /a/.

Also, your original argument doesn't stand either.

Oh right, meta shit you're right. Let's shut up now.

What is this goon DnC bullshit? Imageboards are supposed to have a prevailing culture and tone that binds anons together regardless of topic.

/a/ doesn't think that. You can be banned there for anything that isn't approved anime™ culture and even hints that you might go to most other boards.

Ah, thanks. Fucking capped.

Dubs confirm.

Also, they've called "DnC" Holla Forums talk that shouldn't be allowed.

Whether or not you have a job.

Whose fucking side are you on? /a/ or Holla Forums?

The devil's

Holla Forums and Holla Forums should stay on their own boards for politics. I come to Holla Forums for vidya, not political derails.

DnC means "Divide and Conquer", and doesn't have to be necessarily Holla Forums.

Kill yourself.

Which is why shit like this, the thread about neofaggot SJWs being reported on by Cheong, and one other recent shitty thread that became full of nothing political shitflinging which was about The Gaurdian virtue signalling should be contained to the GG thread. These should not be their own threads. They can be discussed in the thread for the game they're relevant to, or in the GG thread.

This is true, but /a/ doesn't care. It's both an abbreviation, which is already haram, and one that is often used by other boards, especially Holla Forums according to them.

Well, Holla Forums *does* have the most DnC posts out of any board that I've been to

>Not does
Hello newfriend.

I'm more of a lurker tbh

Then read the faq

If you don't vote with your wallet, you will keep getting the same shit again and again.

This is how /a/ reacts whenever you question the moderation user. It's a cookie cutter response.

It doesn't seem that bad compared to the Japanese version…but I'm still not happy about it.

Bonus image for you all.

Also, stop derailing this thread

This.
I know it sucks to hear guys but every issue Nintendo has had since the Wii is still there.
Bad translations, shipping retarded low amounts of supplies, godawful third party support, no clue how to handle online.

None of this shit changed and you didn't leave.
If you want the company to do better you have to start moving to companies that actually give a shit and not sticking with one that keeps neglecting your ass.

VAGINA BONES