Do people really think this is the best game ever made? Or is it just normalfags?

Do people really think this is the best game ever made? Or is it just normalfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/skyrim-is-worse-than-oblivion-in-every-way.66361/page-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post what you think is the best game ever made. Then we'll talk, and not one second before.

It's just nostalgia.

Just normalfags. If you take off the nostalgia of "da 1st 3D" Zelda, you'll find that OOT was super boring and poorly executed. Majora's mask took all the assets and mechanics of OOT and made everything so much moot meaningful.

Don't get me wrong OOT is fun, but it's aged poorly

just normalfags

What a meme

It's not the best game ever made, but it's a damn good one. Too bad you can't like anything remotely popular on Holla Forums because then you aren't contrarian or edgy enough

What did he mean by this?

Games that are still fun and played by people who aren't youtoobers 20+ years later should all at least be in the running.

For its time? Sure.
For the impact it had on gaming and its legacy? Yep.
Has it aged well and is it just as playable today? Nope.
Is CURRENT YEAR playability a deciding factor in whether or not a game is GOTYAY? That's up for debate.
Tetris, the original Super Mario Bros., Doom, these are all possible contenders for BGOAT, for different reasons.
If you want to define a best game of all time, you need to define the criteria it will be measured against.

The best game of all time? Not quite, but it's very good and saying that is understandable. The best game on the N64? Quite possibly. The most influential game in the Zelda series? I'd say so.

Best game ever is always a hard call and highly subjective, but i'd probably say BFM first out of fanboyism, and then go down the list.

This thread is going to be a trainwreck.

I'm saying it was moots fault Ocarina of time hasn't aged well. He shouldn't of sucked Google cock. It's his fault I don't have fun anymore.

I can't believe I trusted you OP.

They're very important games for sure, but they aren't BGOAT material.

Too many plot gates. Too easy. That fucking owl. Bosses and dungeons all have the same "use the item you just got, Link" puzzle.

It had lots of weaknesses compared to other Zeldas when it came out, but was pretty good for a 3D game and can still be fun if the lack of action doesn't bore you. You need to be deep into the slow exploration/puzzle mindset to truly enjoy it, but if you are it is a great game with lovable characters other than that fucking owl goddamn. Majora's Mask was better.

DOOM is definitely "BGOAT" material considering the still active modding scene, the timeless gameplay, and the massive impact it had not only on gaming but on technology.

SHIET
I forgot about the superior version, thanks user

I tried playing this a while back and it was absolutely brutal, which is a really good thing, honestly. The combat is absolutely fantastic; I wish I could find a tactial RPG with the amount of depth and brutality this game has. I'll get around to beating it one of these days.

must be a faggot kid

2D Zeldas > 3D Zeldas, and Link's Awakening is the best of them all.

Not the best, but probably top ten. Top twenty at least.

Zelda 2 > 2D Zeldas > 3D Zeldas

I may as well toss in my two cents before the thread is utterly razed by summerfaggots. OOT was never truly good, but it wasn't dog shit either. Its just a shame the 3D zeldas became on-rails non-advanture games for so long because of it.

Majora's mask polished so much of the mechanics of OOT up. Like the song of time actually did something other than "open a door or make a block appear."

Also I storywise, none of the decisions made sense. Making link wait in the temple of time then sending him to the past only fucked up Hyrule even more.

Doom is reasonable to include as a BGOAT contender.

I can't believe that anyone thinks that OoT is good in any capacity. It exists for the sole purpose of having its bugs exploited to holy hell, nothing more. Majora's Mask was leaps and bounds better, but I'd even hesitate to call that "the best game ever," even though it was one of the best Zeldos ever made.

They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do

Just like in real life, one more reason to end it all user

No, it's not even close.
Yes, it's normalfags.
The Nintendo64 is bottom of the pile of dogshit known as consoles, always will be, always has been.
This didn't need it's own thread.

Play Xenogears for that true authentic 1990's JRPG experience. Full of deep lore and excellent dungeons. Better than FF7. Trust me.

(OP here) Thanks user, I'll try it

Do we have to post it? Everyone knows it's Deus Ex.

no, but it's not half bad all things considered. sage for recycled thread

Pic related is unironically the best game ever made. The PC version, not the laggy PS1 port.

Worst gunplay and AI of all time.

Every single answer for "best game ever made" from anybody is going to be overrated as fuck. But I feel like most people who downright hate OoT are just being contrarian for the sake of it. And saying it's aged poorly would be giving modern games WAY TOO MUCH credit considering the game came out in 1998 and still has more dungeon, music, and enemy variety than even the highest budget AAA shit today

haha

It did age poorly though. The enemies are varied but boring except for the sword wielders, the linearity is gay, the dungeons have too much backtracking, the bosses are linear, the music is your typical fruity nintendo tune, the story is some of the most cringeworthy breed of weeb melodrama, difficulty is too low, etc. Most open world games made today are better than OoT. Zelda 1 and ALttP are also better games.

I disagree with your opinions, and so do a lot of other people

They used to. It aged pretty well for a 5th gen game, but it's hard to argue in favor of OoT after so many games since it have done what it does, but better.

Not at all. It didn't have good anything except a very good premise for the story. It would have made an awesome anime. They never finished it nor the 7 chapters. Just the first 6 now.

I should have responded to OP first. For starters only normalfags thing it's the best game ever made, and before that jews told them it was final fantasy 7 but since nintendo makes more zeldas than squeenix makes final fantasies they want to remind you that OoT is the best now.
The best game every made is clearly Nayuta no Chouta or Threads of Fate.

Do you think yoshi gets embarrassed when he poos out those egg in front of Mario? Haha

Second

Driver 1 > Parallel Lines > San Francisco > 2 > 3
Despite this, I have a lot of nostalgia for 3 and would probably consider it my guilty pleasure game just for how the bugs make it entertaining.

I would also say that collecting everything in the game breaks the flow of gameplay and instead of fun and a challenge it makes it tedious and a chore

It's still a good game, but yes it's just normalfags.

Pretty much this but I didn't hate the owl for some reason.

This.

What? It's literally just "save the princess" type shit.

haha did you actually play it tho just curious

Driver 3 is prototype for GTA IV, there's a lot of Driv3r stuff like the atmosphere, color palate, damage model, car handling, and police spawning that can be found in GTA IV. And I think Watch Dogs 2 is still using the modified version of Driv3r engine.

Worse, 15 fps.

Best among the handheld game IMO. ALttP is still more solid. Better combat, graphics, puzzles, and difficulty. All Zelda games after 2 suffer from linearity though.

I usually don't collect anything, the game is too easy already.

That'd be Zelda 1 and 2. Do you remember when Link was to leave kokiri forest and met saria?

Zelda OOT is an excellent game. I don't know if best game ever made, but definitely an important cornerstone in game history considering how good it is for its time

Do people really think this is a console worth giving a shit about? Or is it just nintendrones?

I played OOT for the first time ever last year on an emulator. I've been playing games for nearly 20 years so I have a lot to compare it with. It's still a great game. Make sure to play it in it's original version and not the HD remastered trash.

GREAT characters, story, world and soundtrack. Very memorable. Gameplay is just good. Fuck the water temple btw.

I put it in my hall of fame alongside games such as Deus Ex, Planescape Torment, Morrowind, etc.

Any good rpg/adventure game that allows you a lot of wiggle room in when/how to do and fight things instead of scripting and plot-gating everything to hell. Zelda 1 and to a lesser degree 3 would qualify over OoT by this standard. Should focus on side events and world building more than evil demon rising again #34268 if it is text heavy. Valkyrie Profile, Metal Saga, Morrowind, and Darklands all do this.

Save for the graphics and controls, I don't think it did anything remarkable. All they did was converting ALttP into Tomb Raider.

It has the best 3D capability among it's competitors, although Atari Jaguar 2 prototype was even more powerful.

a lot of people forget that this game came out in the same year as OoT

what the fuck? How can you play if they take the game off the font?

it's an n64-rw obviously

Saturn was even worse than n64. Diarrhea tier 3D graphics despite the price.

Come on, guy, we have IDs. It ain't hard to see.

It's easily the worst console Nintendo has ever made.

Nothing personnel, user.

It isn't people or normalfags. It's blind nintards that are generally only familiar with nintard games.

Only Valkyrie Profile is the most scripted game to come out of japan. You do the right things in the right order and get the right outcomes, deviation you fail.

Good tas…

Its breddy gud :DD

new vegas will always hold a place in my heart as one of the greatest games ive ever played, i can always go back to it if im bord.

You can't have an objectively best game of all time because different people like different kinds of games. I don't like Zelda games at all and that includes OoT. If you genuinely think OoT is the best game of all time, stop being a literal nintendo manchild and realize that there are many other good games out there.

"its aged badly!!!"
"i cant handle the camera!!!"
"bad graphics!!!"

the wii, gc, and wii u are all equally as bad

a us saturn launch title looks better than every n64 title

Nah, it's not even close. I know we talk a lot about nogaems machines here, but the N64 is the king of nogaems.

The library of each of those systems are all about the same size, except the Wii U which is ridiculously small.

The Dreamcast, despite being active for a much smaller period, has more games than the n64. Kinda funny. The gamecube barely had 30 more games released for it compared to the dreamcast.

Take a good look at the libraries of Nintendo consoles, the best one they've made recently was probably the Wii of all things.

the graphics were excellent for its time, retard.
The controls were well tuned for the n64

fucking underage babby detected

OoT was very influential and good at the time it came out. These days it's playable but nothing special.

The lock-on mechanic it innovated has been mostly replaced by manual aiming with second analog stick.

The story is typical Zelda, the time travel mechanic isn't as novel as it used to be but the characters are still memorable and have personality.

The linear structure is still done sometimes, but is unpopular compared to open-world structure.

The combat is pretty basic, but gets the job done and most of the items and weapons are put to good use throughout. Bosses are still fun.

Dungeons have held up for the most part, but the Water Temple kinda sucks.

Majora's Mask stands out a lot more and has aged better than OoT in most ways. I'd say it's definitely the better game.

I forgot the name but I'm fairly certain I've seen another game mentioned that did the z-targeting before OoT

How does it differ from the newer remakes? I tried playing the first remake (Enemy Unknown or something?) and I disliked the RNG fest of it. It felt like the game was cheap and bullshit.

I'm sure other games had done it prior but not to the degree of prominence that OoT had.

only if you're retarded. The water temple is not hard, and is actually a very well done dungeon with a memorable mini boss, an entire main field explorable without the treasure and then once you get the treasure you can explore it all over again in a different light.

Open-world is fucking hip trending meme that will fade. Games that have a sense of linearity will always be better because the game can be tailored and focused on designing an entire road with quality, instead of making a world hub and sprinkling quests all over the place.

Branching linear storylines will always be better than open world meme. fuck GTA. fuck skyrim. fuck FFXV, and fuck the kid who eat open world up. Its just single player mmo questing and it gets old once you know the map and its novelty.

The time travel mechanic was huge for its time. nobody expected them to go through double the effort of creating double Main character models. its also important to mention they took atmosphere and ambience into account for both timelines. A lot of effort was put in OOT and it shows. Reminder OOT is where all the effort was invested, and MM is just recycling those models and effort with some polish added.

OOT and MM comparison is another topic, but I'd say I disagree with your post. OOT is still a great game today, worth playing if you haven't and worth replaying with some imposed challenge if you wish to revisit it or play the remake on 3DS (3 heart run, gorons knife only, no shield, etc)

From my experience i tihnk the water temple is one, or, the best temple, sans the boot switching, its one of the few that put at least some effort on puzzles, has very nice visuals and has a great midboss

underage detected

I hate 3D zelda dungeons.

People do think that.
I think that.
I understand why others think differently.
I'm not going to change any minds with this post.
People grade on different criteria.

GTAV made over a billion dollars in the shortest amount of time than any other piece of entertainment on the planet.
Many say WoW disgustingly enough because of it's longevity without true iteration.
Smug suds-intelectuals say facebook and twitter are games and they boast the highest player count.
Some even find circlejerking in any number of boxed arenas to be the best example of games because their playtime is in the hundreds if not thousands of hours.

I enjoy puzzles and exploration.
I would say the vast majority of people do not like puzzles or exploration.
You can't feasibly make that kind of game any more because it would be a bad investment.
People need to be told what to do and where to go.
They can't even handle spoken words, they can't handle a hint system, they require a linear path of progression because they are that god damn retarded.
There are people who just want movies.
You exist on a planet where even then, Transformers 5 exists and will make hundreds of millions of dollars if not a billion like the last one did.

I'm not lying. Tower of Babel is one of the best levels of all gaming. The shit green palette adds much flavor to the game's atmosphere.

Ocarina of time was The Last of Us of it's generation. Nintendo paid reviewers off out the ass (as journalistic practices have ALWAYS been shit in the industry) and everyone remembers a highly mediocre and forgettable experience as an undistilled masterpiece that was properly succeeded by Majora's Mask, a mage that only exists because the developers thought Ocarina of time was shit and they wanted to do a better job.

It was far from revolutionary. Pic related was an enthralling experience that came out over a year prior. It is clear where OOT got most of it's ideas from.

It is now more contrarian to like OoT than to hate on it in favor of MM. MM is now the mainstream one.

I thought it was shit when it came out and I still think its shit today. One of the worst cameras in a game and just a flat out turd in terms of visuals for 3/4 of the game.

One of the worst titles in the series. This happens though with experimental games

It's good for its era, because it shaped how future videogames can be.
Right now though. It's blegh

This has to be bait.
See

Don't forget Monster World III which Zelda stole the magic ocarina idea from.

Labelling any games as the best ever made is holding it to a status that it cannot possibly justify and will just cause a shit load of backlash when people feel compelled to call it out on its shortcomings.

Pretty important game, but it was always just so fucking bland in every conceivable way, though that's mostly because of the Zelda universe. To me it felt like someone made a great yet extremely basic blueprint of an adventure game, and people put the literal blueprint into production, instead of working off the blueprint to create a game.

who said anything about jrpgs?

Was this meant for me? If so, I agree.
Did you know Jun Chikuma dream dynamic audio? Like when you're playing a game, you do something and there is am extra tune on top of your normal one?

There are a lot of people in vidya that are uncredited for such thing.

This is objectively correct

How does this fare as a BGOAT?

baddest game of all time?

pretty high up there

Nothing else merges story and gameplay as seamlessly as Ghost Trick does, so it might technically be the 'best' game ever made.

N64 has a sizable library of good games nobody remembers. Don't know where the nogames meme came from.

hi reddit

Soul Reaver has fucking stellar atmosphere, production values, soundtrack, voice acting, and story.

Gameplay is good but flawed and I wouldn't say it's super high up on the BGOAT list.

Metal Gear Solid 2

OG Doom

pristine aesthetics rip 3dfx :(

This³.

They're both shit.

Well Normalfags are the majority so yeah people probably think that it is, this or Half Life 2.

Nah, it had some great gimmicks like the Transfer pak and some memorable third-party games that got obscured by Nintendo and Rareware titles, but it still has a huge lack of interesting japanese titles compared to the playstation.
The Gamecube and SNES were more overrated tbh.

The fact that it pioneered skill based deathmatch, mouse and surround sound usage in gaming really says it all. If you wanted to be competitive in Doom, you had to have a mouse and surround emulation at the very least.

Would have OoT been better if they did not scrap the content ideas from Ura Zelda due to cartridge limitations?

Note: the pic is not related to the actual Ura Zelda but rather a cancelled fan project that is loosely based on the scraped beta content that was meant to be put in Ura Zelda.

Pic related is the only memorable game I know of for it.

Personally, I preferred Majora's Mask.

They blew my mind when they were released. I've just recently played through OOT again on the N64 and while I'm still used to the controls, I forgot how shit the Z-targeting can be at times. Sometimes you want to lock onto something but Navi doesn't do shit, or the opposite happens. Plus the inverted vertical movement in first person view is a pain in the ass.

Did this game ever get a translation? I've been interested in it for some time.

I wish Enix was still around. They made some truly amazing titles.

There's a fan translation, but it's a bitch to get working on an emulator from what I remember.

More braincells I will never get back and another reminder to always do the opposite of what Holla Forums says

*thread

I hope Xenogears killed you with its tedious gameplay.

Fucking hell.

Terranigma is better than OoT? Fight me!

Only normalfags and gay retards. Ocarina is quite good if you can come to terms with the fact that it's radically different from 2D Zelda and for setting the series down a path of ruin, but it's not the best game ever. A lot of faggots will call it that just because it blew their minds back in the day.

mupen64plus with the glide64final plugin works great for most games now

It's the Nintendo console with the shittiest game library after the Virtual Boy, but it somehow managed to be regarded as one of Nintendo's "best consoles" by many.

The N64 has about 70 or so games worth playing. Nintendo's worst console is the Wii U, where there's about 15 or so, maybe?

I had to use some old emulator called Nemu64.

Fuck no. It also doesn't even have a single good JRPG.

"Best game ever made" is a subjective term, but if I had to pick a favorite, this would be it.

JRPGs aren't what you play a 64 for though

A good console has a variety of games of every genre.

>The N64 lacked in good fighting games
Fixed that for you. There were quite a few Mortal Kombats alone. They were just all god awful.

There will never be a best game of all times because time isn't finite.
As we age another "dark soul" will pop up and everyone will call it the best game ever made, and then back to ten more years of passable garbage.

You literally only listed one good RPG game. The N64 was lacking the the RPG field compared to the great games we got on the PlayStation. The N64 also lacked in good fighting games.

To be fair, I did say it didn't have a single good JRPG.

Why do you people exist?

Nigga

like all nintendrones, it's overrated nostalgia.

then go exercise to keep yourself on point

Indeed, OoT is a shit game.

If you look into their history you will see that Nintendo was just as greedy today as they were during the NES era (but not greedy in the same ways).

Indeed, only reason people didn't give a shit was because of game quality and ignorance.

I'm not quite sure if this was the best game ever made, but man is it good
second pic is I think the biggest contender it has, and I'm not quite sure which is better

Total Annihilation is like the 80s of RTS games.

It is EXCESSIVE. Gawd I played Dark Reign, Dune, C&C, AoE, AoK, EE, DoW, etc and their sequels. I buy up and play any RTS I can get my hands on.

TA still sets an unbelievable beastly standard. I'd say close secondaries are Tiberium Sun (because I love the colors mostly) and Dawn of War if we are talking old games that still hold up.

With modding, enormous maps, those three RTS games are the only long standers of my friends and I at LAN (not necessary to be a LAN really anymore) parties. We go through a lot of games new and old but those are some solid ones that kick ass.

You can use SPRING TA now if you like, but it can be buggy as shit. It's a free engine that's kind of based on TA-esque strategy games.

Is it better than Starcraft/Warcraft.

it's normalfags. Like FF7, for many it was their first exposure to a serious attempt at storytelling in the medium. The story's good, but it can't be a game's primary focus outside of a full RPG
While I can deal with sitting through exposition, combat should not be equally a chore. With almost every enemy forcing you to stop & wait for an opening, it just isn't as much fun as the action-packed top down titles. Nintendo proved they could still keep the pace with Link Between Worlds–I just want that pace in their over-the-shoulder Zeldas

perhaps not the objective best but pic related is one of the most interesting and fun games I've ever played. I still give it a playthrough once a year

No this is the best game ever made. The only game that I consider a legitimate, actual 10/10 masterpiece.

well you're not wrong calling it a 10/10. As puzzle games go there's not much that comes close

But you're correct, user..

And Gauntlet Legends. Honestly the N64 lent itself perfectly to four-player anything because it was integral to the console's design.

I remember a kid in the 3rd grade who dressed up in cardboard armor with a plastic zelda sword who larped in class everyday of the year.
He was the biggest loser in school.
Its because of him i never touched this game and played cooler games like Goldeneye and Bodyharvest64.
I dont have a problem with nerds but people who play zelda are dorks and i mean that negatively.

Lol wut

more weebbait for faggots like you

I can think of a flaw. There is not much variety with the ghost powers other than that the game is 10/10.

I could pass out laptops at the special olympics and come up with a thread with replies that are less retarded. You can really get a feel for how many dweebs here grew up on the 360/ps3.

And this is why we haven't had good games in the last 15 years.

fixed

I grew up in the 00s. I am a 00s kid and I am proud that I am not a 2010s dummy.

UUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHHUUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHHUUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHHUUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHHUUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHHUUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHHUUAAAAHHUUUUAAAAHH

How do you fuck this question up? It's clearly autists that would obsess over it to the point of thinking it's the best game ever. Normalfags are not passionate enough about games to even have a best ever in their minds. When a normalfag tells you what he thinks is the best game ever, he's actually just posing as someone not casual to fit in or gain social status points through signaling the first game off the top of his head that he thinks all the autists worship. It doesn't matter what the game is as long as he has free rome of your social circle and you nod along in agreement like a good assburger.

Candy Crush is a real normalfagfag game. It is the most plebest of pleb games.

That's what they call your ass because there is always a slab of meat packed between your flabby buns, assburger boy.

It did some cool things, but also had significant drawbacks.
It's good, but it's like a fan remake which does some things different just to be different. Moving the capsules does give something for old players, but it doesn't justify fucking the pacing by default. X mode should have been a straight remake, and Vile should have been usable from the start.

Majoras mask had like 5 songs that opened 1 door each

But the Sega Saturn was able to show better 2D graphics. Everything in the PS looked all washed out when they did 2D.

Nintendo made $30 per cart in the SNES days. Pretty obvious why cooperating with Sony, who owns the patent on CDs didn't work out; and why Nintendo was the only real developer for N64 games.

I assume you are talking about the A ending, in which case you are partially right. There isn't a set order you must do all of them, but there is stuff you must do around around certain times. Game doesn't give a fuck what you do otherwise so long as Freya doesn't get too pissed. Speed runners only do the required first dungeon and the normal ending final dungeon. They skip the rest because the game doesn't give a fuck.

But that's literally every Zelda ever user.

a sega saturn launch title looks better than every n64 game ever released and shows off more elaborate and eye catching effects. and it isn't even technically 3D

reminder they also stole the z-targeting and took credit for it despite sega doing it two years earlier in virtual on

They were trying to do more than one remake but claimed MHX didn't sell well enough, so X2 remake never ever. Same for Powered Up; probably they should've thought a few minutes before putting those remakes on the fucking PSP if they wanted yuge sales.
Yeah only a few of the songs are good. I still like Spark Mandrill's.
X yells too much but I didn't find it grating, myself.
Sorta-kinda. I didn't have problem with it myself but I could see how others might.
Blame speedrunners and 0%-run autists.

Go back to your gay thread, autist.

sad

That shit didn't start until the later, early games only did it sometimes. I think it was Link's Awaking that started it, but it has been ages since I played that one.

Zelda 3 had exactly one dungeon that was true for (the second dark world dungeon). Some other dungeons required the item to beat it, but not all of them and no others needed it for both the dungeon area and boss. The first dark world boss for example did need to use an item unlike many bosses in that game, but multiple items worked and not just the one gotten in the dungeon. The seventh dark world boss needed multiple items, none of which were gotten in that dungeon and one of which was hidden on the overworld with no script to force it on you. Earlier Zelda games did it even less.

user that's not aging poorly, those are just reasons why the game was mediocre in the first place. Time hasn't changed that.

I don't, actually, you are just so incredibly autistic that I would rather deal with Nintendrones.

Is this the BGOAT?

did need an item
Also other errors but that one could be confusing.

I keep waiting for something as good as it to come along from Suda. It hasn't happened, yet.

You fucking with me, nigger?

I know, but that itself may be an indication that something was seriously wrong. If the intention was to remake the whole series in the first place, but you've drastically altered plot points by the first entry, then it implies that the entire point of the remakes was to retcon the plot of the existing series. Consider that Inafune was behind it. It's true he hadn't yet fallen from grace at that point, but no matter how you slice it, it looks like MHX2 getting cancelled may have saved us from Star Wars Original Trilogy-tier modifications.

It's probable he was intending to do that. I have no idea what the hell they were intending to do about Dr. Cain, seeing as he was still alive by X3 but bit the dust in an explosion (while on life-support/life-extension no less) in MHX. Maybe kill him off a lot quicker since he's never mentioned again after the SNES games? Though chances are it was Inafune trying to "properly" cap the series off with X5, but there again the focus is unerringly on X and Zero is back into his old mentor/buddy role instead of starting off the reboot series hogging the goddamn spotlight like he did through the PS1 games' entirety.

True. They care about overratedness they would have shit stuff like Bioshock, Day of the Tentacle, and Skyrim (it is never not overrated) genuinely bad games that get praised endlessly.

Skyrim might be fun with mods and with all the DLC but best game. Hell no. Oblivion was way better.

I never even heard of it. Hell I bet most of them only play Angry Birds and Candy Crush which are not real games.

Thats an arcade screen shot, saturn version looked like this

Reminder that in most cases where you see their name on something, Enix was merely the publisher. Wonder Project J2 was developed by a company called Givro (who had previously developed WPJ for the SFC as "Almanic"). If anything, you could say they had pretty good taste in what they picked up to handle, given what they published both in Japan and out here.

I still remember IGN bitching about it being "too wordy" for most people.

and all of them being cancer b0ss

It actually won DS GOTY from Gametrailers, which surprised me.

Oblivion might have better quest and RPG, but shit, it was even more boring than Skyrim. The damage sponge and fucked up level scaling are extremely irritating.

Personally, I think it was either a case of IGN not knowing the proper audience for something like Ghost Trick isn't liable to care about it being wordy, or Capcom just didn't pay them enough money, so they used that as an excuse to only give it an 8/10 (which isn't a bad score by any means, just that the "cons" they listed for it seemed as if chosen just to say it's got a few things wrong with it to justify docking a few points).

Also, hating Skyim is a nugaymer meme. Back then, even half of Codex praised it for being an improvement over Oblivion.

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/skyrim-is-worse-than-oblivion-in-every-way.66361/page-2

Though pretty much anything is an improvement over Oblivion.

The irony here is that IGN gave Xenogears a solid rating of 9/10 for having a deep plot. A game which is way more wordy than Ghost Trick.

I suppose it might depend on a few things, namely if they looked at Ghost Trick as being more puzzle or adventure (I can see maybe having more complaints about it being plot heavy if coming from a puzzle perspective than an adventure game one), and for Xenogears, when exactly they actually reviewed it (I'm not sure off the top of my head when IGN got started). If it was sometime years after release, they might have felt that Xenogears was too well received on the whole for them to not praise too. Also, with Xenogears being an RPG, I suppose the expectation is for them to be verbose.

Then again, it's not as if IGN is known for being a smart place. I'm still miffed at how they've decried a series I've really liked as just being a "filler" series, as if there's no value to them beyond passing time between big budget, highly anticipated release of the time.

Daggerfall was worse than Oblivion.

Not many. No one who's really thought about it regards OOT as the best game ever made. OOT was trying to be ALTTP in 3D, but the hardware and novelty of 3D gaming prevented it from realizing its full potential. Due to necessity, they had to make it less open and easier. Unfortunately, it got a really good reception and all future Zeldas went that route.

OOT is when it started to die. Majora's Mask is the funeral. Wand Waver was just pissing on the grave. But don't worry. The guy who coded the first Zelda has a development firm in Antarctica. He's going to save us these 3D Zelda fanboy mongrels.

I played it only a year ago and had a lot of fun, I don't see how it's aged poorly at all unless you're one of those "muh graphics" fags, but even then I'd say the aesthetics have aged well.

This is may be the newfaggiest post I've ever seen.

It hurts

Just like that guy who made the first Final Fantasy created his own studio and pushed JRPGs to a dynamic revolution, right? I don't even think Lost Odyssey did all that hot.

Link to the Past was objectively superior.
HEYLISTENHEYLISTENHEYLISTENHEYLISTENHEYLISTENHEYLISTEN

Easily one of the worst turds in the franchise.

Nah. Navi's a bitch but aside from that it's a solid game. Plus comparing the 2 is a little unfair given the 3D element.

Overall just feels like the devs were throwing whatever random crap they could think of into the game.

I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's pretty great. and it's worth studying just how the sequels tried to "Fix" it's problems only to make a big unraveled mess.

Nothing wrong with that. Especially since they're optional and easy to remove. I would hardly call them power-up abilities though.
Have you played the game? Shit's full of hidden doors, pipes and alternate paths.

Well shit, I actually did. I didn't think much of it, but it was pretty pointless.

The only advantage to the power ups compared to eggs is you didn't need to reload them (what the game makes easy as possible)

And the levels aren't linear, yet there long and full of one-way doors, so you have to memories which branching paths not to take first if you want to get those red coins or flowers.

If you haven't played it check out War Wind

Not the greatest game ever made, but its the best game Nintendo has put out.

:)

Pretty sad no one mentioned shadow warrior 3, probably the best nes game ever.

If I recall the powerups are mainly used mid game from the pause menu. So you'de only use them in the specific occasion you would need them. Of which there are many.

And I don't see a problem with memorizing a map. That's how you git good. I'de still say the game is a 10/10

SMB3 and SMW are better.

Maverick hunter's ONLY good thing was playing as Vile and his edgy as fuck ending. MMX is still the best version and if there is a romhack that allows you play as Vile then I wouldn't even need MHX.

Nah.

It's certainly the best Zelda, but not the best game ever made

>OoT < MMX
Is this some kind of Egoraptor thread?

same

plus the songs

It's just normalfags.

I wish the damn franchise died during Saga. It is getting close to Lora Craft tier in terms of market fuckery.