/pzg/ Project Zomboid

does Holla Forums knows this game?

a little info:
* this game is incredibly old for a pre-release (or alpha or whatever)
* I brought some eons ago before it even was put to steam greenlight…
* they came a fucking long way, everytime I play cool new stuff appears,
* the devs are incredibly slow at development, but at least they haven't given up

even though the dev team can die off and leave an unfinished game, I do not regret getting it,
as I already got tons of enjoyment from playing year at year and finding a slightly different game
is pretty fun and atmospheric survival zombie horror, but it greastest strength I believe to be multiplayer, in likes of 7 days to die or even Rust
so I thought, maybe Holla Forums would be interested in it and perhaps we could try a board server to fool around

All I remember about this game was repeatedly dying from eating moldy bread.

we tried but Holla Forums was uneasy and the devs excuse for failing was they got their pcs stolen

they still haven't delivered on their promises

the general conclusion on this is that it's unfinished and it's gonna stay unfinished because the devs are incompetent

Its shit.

what exactly may I ask?

I remember when this was single player only and ran like crap performance no matter what PC
so today we have very stable running platform, stable multiplayer, smooth performance
fully implement crafting and improved interface and controls….
they are even implementing vehicles afaik…
so really, what is missing

inb4: NPC
but that isn't really relevant for mp

bump, why don't we try a server?

Isn't that game where the creator faked he had his house broken into so he can get more shekels from his fanbase while essentially taking a vacation to restore what was lost? Because everyone knows you only keep one copy of your project like this on a single computer. Not to mention the thief took nothing but the computer!

it's shit

pretty sure the reason they added MP to the game was because NPCs are never gonna be added, or they'll be added but be a fraction of what was initially promised

This shit is still in development? Are you kidding me? Is that 10 straight years or what?
Have they even made any progress, or is it still the same easy boring shit it's always been where you just stockpile food and water and then barricade a highrise and repeatedly sleep and eat for weeks on the top floor in total safety?
Have they implemented actual survival features like proper base crafting, NPC recruitment, settlement building, proper army and resource management and so on?

Why choose this game when you have 7 Days to Die?

user, mods will fix it!!
because God knows that they won't
honestly, how incompetent/lazy do you have to be not finish something like that that has been in development forever and selling copies from kikestarter and early access? Hire a fucking manager to get your monkeys coding and maybe you'd sell even more copies when there's something to show that isn't relying on the constantly shrinking community to fix your shit

Kek

Sage for being a shill

nope, its a small dev team, but I think something did happen

nope, they added mp because its fun
you must be one of those idiots that think mp just need to be "patched" in game to work right uh?

this is not Squad user….
afaik it never been kickstarter, and it started VERY small,

nice downvote

yeah its been continued development, afaik most of those features are ironed out, interface improvements crafting and surviving the wild, only NPC really are missing
(yet they are working on cars instead)

i'm pretty sure that it was due to the fact that they are poor indie but it still doesn't excuse why didn't they use some online storage given their limited abilities and funds
Also
so there's that too

Wow, it really feels like 2010 all over again!

is the money running out? did their target audience get wise to their incompetence for this shit to be shilled here?

I played it a bunch of times.
I got too good at surviving so the game just became boring routine and I dropped it.
Still got a good number of hours out of it. If any user wants to play it, I suggest you try to figure things out on your own and die a lot, don't read any guides or anything, because once you get good, the game is basically over.

I like how you know so much about this game. I'm sure you don't get anything out of trying to explain it to all of us

Yes, this is exactly the same game.

So they are basically admitting that cataclysm shits all over their game and want to emulate it?

people were following the game closely and then beyond that sketchy robbery they lost the code again somehow but had a backup that was a few months behind showing how incompetent they are even when they decide to back something up like the fucking game your working on that's early access and people are investing in. no wonder people took it upon themselves to be as vocal as possible about how shitty the devs are. incompetence should not be rewarded

I'm waiting for the anims update. Personally, there's no point in playing a zombie survival game to me if bashing zombies in the head doesn't even feel good.

good one, look at you being all rebel
I get something out of it, and that is to play the game online, in case any of you tards haven't noticed….

and I don't get why everyone is shitting on so much over this,
its not like it ever won a popularity contest, its like KSP or No Man Sky that really got really hyped and sold millions
the way you talk is like the devs are swimming in the shekels and we poor players have to pay subscriptions or patreon
I'm not shilling on the devs either, they are obviously very slow to put out stuff, but at least are keeping at it

like user here
I'll play it for a while, like a whole straight on, and get bored with it, forget all about it for a year or more
then come back and see a completely revamp game, get at it back for another week and get bored,
and over the years this has summed up to quite a lot of hours enjoyment,
like any other survival game, single player will tend to get boring after a while, and that is the reason why I wanted to try a community server
and I mean to get a bunch of people rallied together, because normally there just wouldn't be active enough server

mfw I bought this along with factorio, both being 20 shekles. I did it because both of them gave me so much fucking time play when I pirated them that I decided to give the devs some help buying it.

Factorio right now has see a really big increase of playerbase and mayor updates and is one of my favourite gaems while its been almost a year since i dont touch PZ, and the content is almost the same.

so for a moment I thought they deleted the thread, what happened with Holla Forums?