Lets have a bit of a Yume Nikki thread

Lets have a bit of a Yume Nikki thread

Whats some fan games you liked?
Did you ever try to make one?
Whats your favorite moments in Yume Nikki?
What happened to Kikiyama?

Other urls found in this thread:

dic.nicovideo.jp/a/ゆめにっき派生
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lets not and just say we did

sin: rpgmaker

Forgive?

It was before it got over used, I say forgive.

I was a bit annoyed that the neon effect didn't do anything in the dark world and you need lamp even though neon is already a light. Finding the car accident and getting the stoplight was pretty cool.

RPGmaker is fucking stupid but on the whole I'm glad that it exists. Nobody's ever made a NEET life simulator that's as comfy as Yume Nikki in anything else.

Played none of them.
No.
Just trying out stuff? None specific.
Beats me, not as if I care much.

What's the point of this thread? Is there anything new to say about Yume Nikki that hasn't been said before?

In case you hadn't noticed we enjoy endlessly repeating ourselves here while acting as if we are breaking new ground every time. Doors to the left if you don't like it.

You have pretty low standards of being entertained. How many times have you played Yume Nikki from the start and how many times do you intend to do that again in the future?

Is it impossible in your mind that people like to enjoy thing multiple times or the things made by people inspired by it?

Can you do that in paint.net or does it only work in photoshop?

Would you fuck, Holla Forums?

A ginger jew? No.

I've never played this or any rpg maker game

What should I do and get?

Play Yume Nikki. Then play Middens.

ask me a year ago the answer would be no.
I'm not sure anymore. What has this board done to me?

I tried playing Yume 2kki but I couldn't get it to run for some reason, I have the RTP and everything.
I had an idea for a shit parody one called Yume Niggers but it's only just an idea.
The Witch effect, digitized backgrounds in games make my dick hard.
He's dead.

I think you should, while RPGMaker is an engine any retard could use to make their shitty anime fanfiction games like in the past or "totally weird inspired by yume nikki and earthbound xD" Tumblrshit we get now, there are a few games that stand out and are pretty good like OFF, Space Funeral, or LISA (Don't buy it though, the dev lost his shit after his dad died and drank a hefty amount of kool-aid, and you shouldn't be buying RPGMaker games in the first place.)

Isn't that last one Game Maker?
Also for 2kki is it giving you any specific error? Might be able to help get it running. If not just try out .flow or LCDem

No, it's just made to look like it wasn't made in RPGMaker.

Obligatory fangame link:
dic.nicovideo.jp/a/ゆめにっき派生
Been trying out a couple of other fangames while trying out EasyRPG for the Vita. Finished Saiga no Uta and was pretty disappointed, ended up being a shit .flow clone with some interesting effect ideas (including several "suicide" effects and unorthodox weapon effects). Currently playing through Mikan Muzou, another game made by the guy who made Debris, which so far seems to have several events and little touches here and there others usually don't have.

Might have to run 2kki in Japanese locale, if you haven't tried it yet.

Don't know about the steam LISA, but there was an original LISA (The First) on RPG Maker. It was pretty mediocre YN clone, but it did provide a backstory on some of the important characters.

Huh. For a second I thought the first one was flow.

Also, friendly reminder that some Russian (I think) Autist actually did a 3d (2.5d) engine Yume Nikki game, which sadly is unfinished and rather short.

.flow or 2kki were the first fangames I think, meant that the original LISA was actually subtitled The First to distinguish it from the other more playable one. The 3d fangame seems pretty neat for what it is, could've sworn it was originally a mod or something, though probably not remembering the original Uboachan thread right.

user in same boat here

Anyone have that recommendation chart?

Nope, it uses a fanmade replica of the Duke engine, though.

I'm talking about this btw.

I honestly have no idea what that is but I would like to know what it is you're talking about.

In a previous Yume Nikki thread someone said that the way that maze looking effect on the title screen was made by just applying some filter over and over to the image until it glitched out.

The effect was sharpen I think.

No shit? I always thought it looked interesting. I figured it looked too weird to be done manually. Might have to use that some time

Fuck me last second thought: Wonder how much of the in game stuff had a similar effect done.
Theres a good portion that doesn't look like it could be proper pixel art, even madotsuki has a lot of extra colors which is weird for the medium. Kyuukyuu-kun might've been something.

Bumping

Anyone have the chart?

Just play the fucking game.

Play OFF

It doesn't seem to work in Paint.NET.

yeah I think it's just photoshop, I kind of want to try other image editing software though to see what kind of weird shit we can get

You need to have the sharpen size at minimum. That paint.net image suggests that the sharpen size is huge, you can get the same effect on photoshop with advanced sharpening settings.

Here it is on minimum sharpen size.

use sage next time

I refuse to play it on the grounds that it ripped off Undertale, my favorite game.

I honestly like 2kki more than Yume Nikki. Which isn't to put Nikki down, I just have a huge exploration boner and 2kki does that in a way that's pretty much unmatched.
It's about 750 MB in size at this point.

Kikiyama is probably kill.

This is the only thing (game, movie, writing, whatever) that has genuinely spooked me and given me nightmares. Still not sure why, but this game fucked me up for weeks. I've literally never been that spooked before in my life.

i have made a mistake

This is pretty neat.

Most of them, yes.

nope.

What is the original? That's spooky.

See this thread

Many times unless the beak turns out to be a jew nose

.flow was breddy gud, but I couldn't play the updated versions because they all required you to install nipspeak into your computer. Fuck that shit.
I played Yume Nikki 3D. It was well made, but buggy as fuck.
I played Miserere for quite a while, but never finished it. It was nice, but a little too cryptic for my tastes.
I heard Yume 2kki was good, but I could never find a download link… not that I tried very hard to, anyways.
I also heard good things about OFF, but I never went to play it.
Sorta related, but Ib was also good. That feel when you couldn't save them both.
I wanted to make one in Game Maker, but I didn't get very far. I can't even make any spooky music to go along with it.
I really liked the Barracks area. There was always so haunting about it. I also vividly remember the staircase with all the hands. That was the first thing I saw when I first looked it up, and to say I was intrigued was an understatement.
He went back to the real world and started a family. It's the only thing I can imagine happening to such a weird guy.

Also, here's my favorite track from the remix album, 24 Effects.

Maybe if they invited me to their picnic party…

What if it's a soft beak?

RPG maker is like a whole different genres to be fair, somewhat like metroidvania, you see a cute pair of cute pixel girls talking with all their warm family members and warm home, and you know next night a black tentacle demon will walk in the house as they all sleep and kill every one, to just traumatised the girl who protagonist of the RPG.

Well their are exceptions like Mr Patty and Miles and Wadanohara and Grab Garden, they went so dark so fast, you would not even be surprised by it, the main characters the darkest in these one.

I played the game for the first time blind. I was really looking forward to the end when I gathered all the effects. then when I saw what was waiting outside I genuinely got upset.