Scam Citizen server capacity revealed to be 25 players per server at maximum...

Scam Citizen server capacity revealed to be 25 players per server at maximum, cuck defence force struggling to find an angle

massivelyop.com/2017/07/19/star-citizen-followers-react-to-server-capacity-star-system-count-news/

Warms the cockles of my heart to see the goys try and defend their mortgage investments on this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/706Ea
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/
archive.fo/EYt3C
archive.is/DTgdL#selection-677.0-681.836
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought Shekel Citizen was supposed to be a big MMO styled space sim.

how many people killed themselves out of the people on suicide watch? I know there's at least one person who spent his life savings on the virtual ships.

It was also "supposed" to release like 2 years ago.

archive.is/706Ea

Also, it turns out 3.0 will ship with only 10 star systems. The more time goes on, the smaller the game gets.

Derek Smart was right. Of course, that's not saying much as anyone with half a brain could see this shit was a trainwreck.

So what about the ship jpegs market, did it crash and burn?

Kek, how is the cult taking it?

The biggest tragedy of SC is that it allowed Derek Smart to be right about something for once.

So this is why the two Scam Yiddizen cultists called me to hang out, they're going to try to reel me in for the millionth time unsuccesfully

wow… i think chris roberts dont wanted it to be like this… but he literally has blood on his hands by now, how can he deal with this

Pretty sure they just want to put you in a fursuit and jack off on it.

By server they mean individual server in the network. Not server like a WoW server. Then again handling 24 players per server even in a distributed system like that sounds pathetically low. There's probably an order of magnitude less shit to keep track of per player than a traditional MMO. Baffling.

How do they keep fucking this up?
Are there ANY competent game devs or are all our beloved games happy accidents?

I say it every single thread but I hate that I never screencapped or archived the kickstarter thread for this from somethingawful. I shit you not, there was this one Brazilian guy bragging about his ship models he made for the game in broken as English and it wouldn't surprise me if that guy's a typical example of the game's development team.

Yoko Taro made a game to express his ennui. He fear no socjus nor wants to make a living off season passes. Infinite Sadness is the last hope for vidya.

The competent people are either washed out or just left to work in more lucrative industries where you get paid for your work instead of working endless crunch hours for hotpockets.

This reminds me of the Eternal Crusade trainwreck.

I genuinely wanted that game to be good

Does this game take shekels goyim?

This moon man is moon man. He only cares about being moon man and making games he wants.
Too bad this means he won't get any game deal in near future.

Automata was an unexpected success so I fail to see why that would be the case.

When something works it's through a happy accident or intense autismal study.
In either case, the next piece of work that person does needs to be made via autismal study if they want to improve, or a carbon copy and banking on your game having the audience who likes that.

IMO, there are plenty of good devs- they're just not in AAA or even AA. They can't catch the break, no one knows they exist, and limited resources make their game look like shit.
On top of that, like this guy says for the skills you know, you could easily transfer into other industries and make more for doing less.

People involved in games love them, want to make money via mainstream appeal or a hardcore niche audience (which is harder to trick), and/or push a political agenda.

As for Star Citizen- they've gotten enough money to not give a fuck any more. If No Man's Sky can get away with what it released- why shouldn't they? Eventually we'll get someone who releases a blank disc.

I trust moon man but I don't trust anyone else.

For other people it would certainly be the case. He was lucky the niche audience of past Nier stuff meant he could get on consoles, and Automata/Platinum helped get him more recognition.

This is just for the testing phase
Game in final version will have unlimited number of players on servers
Stop spreading panic shills

How is this possible!? They rebuilt the game from the ground up with Lumberyard, leveraging the cutting edge Power of the Cloud™ to support INFINITE PLAYERS. Amazon must be holding them back!

Hey its investor user again, tell us about your wing commander rank again gigga goy!

I invested more than 5k into it. Even if it's a "flop" I'd still make a profit if I decide to sell my ships.

meanwhile you poorfags just keep shitting on this amazing game just because you can't afford nice things.

Has Cuck Citizen reached the breaking point now? i mean can it even physically go any lower? They're making scientific breakthroughs in all the wrong ways here.

War for the Overworld was not every man's cup of tea and launched as a fucking trainwreck of bugs because the devs were modders who had no bloody idea of how to produce a game of such scope (especially from the time and financial standpoint).

But you have to give it to the devs that they basically worked their collective asses off to fix the damn thing across dozens of patches over the years, and all that with a QA team of overenthusiastic autists who did it for free.

Full disclosure: Was part of said QA team

How? Who is gonna buy them?

he might be a filthy scammer but it's not his fault people are not responsible with their money

those expensive virtual ships were there for the cash cows, not the mortal men of the middle class

Well, they just had to get a loan from Coutts & Co.

"No one knows yet. The unofficial wiki lists a maximum crew of 755 on the Bengal Carrier. This might include players and NPC’s. Theoretically just 1 pilot could transport the ship but would have no weapons, defenses or life support help that isn’t automated. There are larger ships but no word on if they can be manned by players."

It's like another fucking dimension that someone typed that with a straight face.

There are more people in some random dungeon group on some Slav/Chink private server of WoW RIGHT NOW than there will be total players per server of Star Citizen.

we got a smart one here

The only poorfag is you when you realize that no one, not even a faggot like you would buy a ship from this shitty game.

Isn't the game balanced around multiplayer?

From what I've understood, the game is meant to break players up on servers dynamically, with dozens or hundreds of them running parallel. Each instance would have at most 25 players, but you'd move seamlessly through instances as you played, so you could fly through a star system and never see more than 25 other players at a time, but you could still ultimately interact with a couple hundred players.
That was the pitch, as it was explained a couple of years ago. Are they now saying that only 25 people in the world can play this game simultaneously and everyone else has to wait just to log on?

I mentioned this back when the old pitch was offered too, but that presents some pretty amusing problems for their overall design. Aren't there big-ass ships that are supposed to require 25+ players manning all the stations and turrets just to operate them properly? What are they going to do, just fly around and feel space-cool with no one to ever challenge them?

The question is: did nobody see this coming, or did everyone see it coming and they continued developing along a dead-end for 2+ years anyway?
I can't tell which answer would be funnier.

It makes me sad.

You don't just optimize something so it can jump from 25 to EVE:Online.

I didn't realize Chris Roberts had invented quantum super-processors, parallel-universe-shunt heat sinks and zero-point PSUs. That's fascinating news.

25 players? How many can an average ship hold? 3-5 players? So that means a "big" battle will consist of 5-7 multicrewed ships?

back to reddit shill goon

Don't they have ships with more that 25 crew that players can own?

When this question was asked a year+ ago in one of those youtube videos, Chris Roberts semi-incoherently mumbled something about how more players would be dropped into the instance as other players left/died. So some kind of trickle-in system where the bulk of each fleet is trapped in a hyperspace waiting room or something, I guess. Or maybe the battle would just be auto-split onto 15 different small-ass servers that would all go at the same time.
There's no way to interpret what he said that doesn't sound terrible.

It could always be worse…

RIP

No he doesn't. He's an idiot who has absolutely no idea how to manage a project, but that's not what the word "literally" means, and he's not responsible for some retards dumping all their money into it.
If I created a new kind of chocolate, and some idiot ruined his marriage buying $20K worth of it, would I be responsible for that?

Roberts is a fucker, but let's not pretend that people shouldn't have personal responsibility here.

Derek Smart was right about gamergate also.

How long can they keep this up for? Is it honestly that hard to just release the game already? Even with some early access-tier bullshit. It is not like the cultists will ever admit that they were wrong.

Both are at fault.
When someone gets scammed by a con artist, the person who got scammed failed in their responsibility to protect themselves, and the con artist failed at not being a criminal.
Thus, they're both the perpetrators. There are no victims here, but that doesn't mean that CR isn't culpable.
He's more than "an idiot". A scam is a scam whether it was intentional or not. The only way he could absolve himself would be to refund every bent penny.

Probably. I just assumed that there wont be many 25+ crewman ships.

So it's going to be a shit show like E:D.

It's almost like people still don't understand that lag is an unavoidable aspect of reality. It's literally impossible to have hundreds of players on a server while still maintaining complex real time gameplay.

Scam Citizen fans are idiots if they ever thought they'd get that.

Is it that time again?
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/

AYYMMO

is this 1990?

It's playable right now, and they do free weekends where anybody can log in and try it out.
Of course, you have to download the 40GB client just to fuck around for a single weekend, and then when the next weekend rolls around and there's been a small patch, their updater has to re-download the entire 40GB client because their patcher is the most archaic shit I've ever seen and it can't just push a difference-based patch.
And then, of course, you get to enjoy the not-much-to-do-at-all. But it's pretty, though.

If they did an official commercial release of the game in its current state, they'd get laughed right off the market.

You have to understand, user, the feature bloat never ends. Two years ago, planets weren't landable and were just cities/landing pad environments that you could explore. Then he decided he wants fully explorable planets. Then he got it in his head that he wanted player-built settlements like Star Wars Galaxies for some fucking reason.
Every few months, CR has a new "ground-breaking" idea that requires a massive rewrite and further multiplies the game's complexity - and there's barely even any gameplay yet.

E:D is terrible in its own very special and interesting ways. You could probably make a deep-dive scientific study about how SC and ED both managed to fail so spectacularly without any overlap in failure-methodology.

remember: people thought a ps4 could run a live, procedurally generating multiverse mmo in no mans sky.

I call it "the grand high cult of 'b-but you can do anything!" that are always chasing an idea of an 'ur game' that they will buy and never have to buy another game again because you can do anything in it.

They are Todds loyal flock.

IT'S GOING CRITICAL
SELF-DESTRUCT IMMINENT

It can though, that doesn't take much processing power. But they can't have it and modern graphics at once, or even just modern graphics because we're talking about a netbook CPU with a chopped up, downclocked post-competitiveness AMD card.

Elite came 20+ years ago and the genre has hardly advanced since.

more like 2010 :^)

But user, you used shill as if it were like the word chills. A shill is an occupation, it's not something you "spread" like some contagion.

archive.fo/EYt3C
You can't shut down the RIDF that easily, silly goyim.

user, tell me you're have a giggle, this cant possibly true.

I've seen other MMO betas and such do similar shit, so it wouldn't even surprise me at this point.

Damn

Alright, so apparently the game is currently capped at 24, though no one knows whether this is the final number for the full release. Nevertheless. They're only releasing 5 to 10 systems at launch.

God, Planet of the Apes remake was godawful.

IIRC payday 2 had or has a similar system where you have to download the updated file all over again instead of just the difference.

They'll lower it to 14 by the time 4.0 rolls around.

It's the easiest shit ever, too.
There's the UNIX programs "diff" and "patch" present on all modern unix-like systems and with versions for windows that developers could implement without paying a dime and one of their uses is exactly that. It's pure lazyness.

Are we just collectively ignoring this part to laugh at people or am I missing something here?

I feel bad for these people

What are the definitions of a cult again?

It means they can have one "server" with thousands of people, but because of it being a shooter engine you'll still be limited to 25 players maximum in the same location. You'll never see anything like EVE's hundreds of ships fighting or a planet with thousands of people shooting at each other.

Even cults have more principles. At least they actually offer you a product and a tangible community you can interact with. If you're lucky you might even join one that allows for polygamy.

Truly, the Cult of Shekel Yiddizen produces the best Goys.

Like Kool-Aid?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PEOPLE THAT PLAY VIDEOGAMES ARE FUCKING MORONS
That's why rest assured in my future when back in 1990 i invested my entire life savings in beanie babies® .
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

She sounds like she's about to cry….weird.

I don't get it. To me it reads like it works like many computers linked together processing an instance of 1000 players with each computer handling 24 players at a time. Isn't that how large servers work?

Sad. Legit mental disorder yet it will never be acknowledged.

Thank god, do you really want to pay to maintain this kind of stupid morons?.

Maybe she's just stressed or something

lol you faggots want to hate this game so bad you aren't even reading what's being said. It's pretty funny.

No, it was always going to be instance-based. See

It seems it's going to work the way it was originally pitched (as you wrote before this line). From the article:
“There can only be a maximum of 24 players on each server currently (this will most likely also be the case in Alpha 3.0). […] The revision of the CryEngine in combination of a new server architecture in form of an intercommunicating server network (also known as Server-Meshes) instead of individually isolated servers should allow larger instances with thousands of players.”
Judging by this and other tidbits from Chris/CIG, it seems the idea is to make transition between servers/instances relatively seamless. Also it seems they want to expand the player count per instance in the future. OP didn't even read his own source apparently.

It's true. They haven't implemented delta patching yet for some unknown reason. That said, this is common enough in alpha/beta, but for a game this size it's pretty harsh.

Cryengine is not supposed to be for third person or mmos from what I recall but Derek notsosmart just saw the flashy graphics and went "I want this".

And before that, people thought Duke Nukem Forever would be the greatest, most realistic game ever conceived.

Just for everyone to find that it's been a ten-year backburner project headed by a fucking manchild who spent a whole decade literally just shitposting on his forum and playing WoW.

Living the dream.

Another loan? Jesus christ these guys spend more money than Kayne West.

I mean even shit tier amateur developers using any Meme engine can code realtime games with servers that allows 64-128 players each and still run fine on a 10$ VPS.
They could easily buy hundreds of cheap servers around the world and split them up into clusters, a.k.a Mega Server/Cloud Servers. That they're using CryEngines native Server-Architecture instead of writing their own is saying a lot too.

That could be the case, so let's compare to something we already know: EVE Online.

Each solar system is basically running on its own server node. When thousands of players dump into a single system, the network has to shift resources to it to try to keep up. The game's engine was built from the ground up to handle this specific task, and it still LAGS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER no matter how many CPUs they throw at it.

CryEngine was built for 25 player shootan, and they are trying to duct tape this scaleable system to it. Expect failure. Lots and lots of failure.

Even women have integrity to an extent. She probably can't stand shilling for shekel yiddizen.

I dont know user.
What's even more retarded is that there exist already ways of handling thousands of players in the same instance (EVE online). A 25 cap is bizarre, but sadly won't be the nail to the coffin of Star Citizen yet.

Beanie babies crash when?

It already happened, years ago

The cult prey on the weak and vulnerable.

When each ship has 4k texture resolution and 100,000 polygons, and every individual player inside those ships also have 100,000 polygons, it's understandable that you run up against a hard wall limiting the number of players within a single instance.
They should honestly considering slashing the visual fidelity by 75%. It would still look good, and it would actually play like a video game.

So not only are the gullible, they're illiterate.

What games allow for a high player count with some resemblance of physics and control?

Two completely different games.

They probably will end up doing that.

That was a joke, I'm sorry you didn't realize that.

this is just sad

He looks like a Female-to-male tranny.

He'll be the first to go

He's got the eyes of a woman because he's been well and truly fucked.

Graphics aren't the reason shooter engines are rarely built to handle more than 32/64 players. Network connectivity and lag compensation is the reason. Your game can look like Half-Life 1, but if you want to have 1000 players running around shooting each other you need some carefully constructed netcode and server configuration.

In the previously mentioned EVE Online example, they implemented a feature that slows the game logic down and creates artificial latency to serve as a buffer among the network chaos, allowing them to ensure that the results of each battle are accurate when the dust settles. That works fine for what is essentially "right click > attack target" combat systems, but for real time first person gun/ship shooting, it would be considered unplayable.

Networking is unrelated to graphics. Servers only calculate shit like collision, stats, position and rotation, and send/recieve releated information to/from each player connected to the server.
Graphics happen on the local machine.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE FUNCTION?

Government assistance and family/friends with the patience of saints.

They function on the spectrum

I think server slowdown and resulting bullet time effect would be just fine. Even for a fps-like game. Just because it sounds kind of awkward doesn't necessarily mean it would be bad in gameplay. It's also a better solution than a 25 player cap (especially when one remember that BF2142 had 64 players on maps big and small).

Jesus Phantasy Star on Dreamcast could beat that.

Please don't talk about things when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or garbage like your post right here will come out.

Goddammit I want Chris Roberts and Todd Howard to team up. Make it happen!

I know Shill Yid-izen is bad but holy shit
Ok, that actually makes sense.
Oh no wonder its even worse than anyone could have imagined. CryEngine wasn't made for mmos.
They're on "Alpha 3.0," currently. So I should ask, "How many versions will there be BEFORE it goes live?"

I just wanted another Starlancer. That's it.

What is the core gameplay loop of star citizen supposed to be? I know that the genre is space sim and fps, but that doesn't tell you much about the flow of gameplay, which is just as important as the gameplay itself.

I don't think they know either, they have been told to put so much in, that it's muddy now.

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

I asked what it's supposed to be, not what it is, silly.

I played on one of the free weekends and for now it's:
It's shit

So what do you think would happen if Shillizen were to be cancelled right now.

or

Kickstarter would be fine, at this point the overwhelming majority of the funding came from their own site.

Also this

While the first is ideal, the second is far more likely and we will see copycats who will pull off the same scam to varying degrees of success.

We'd lose threads like this.

Jpeg Citizen is a scam sustained by a dedicated cult, but you're a fucking faggot OP.
Stop posting misinfo you nigger

Thats pretty much the same way Elite Dangerous operates and its fucking awful.
What happens when multiple people are in the same area?
It will create more instances, so if a hundred and one people are in the same area, the hundredth and one person will be in a completely empty area.
It also makes grouping up with people a pain in the ass, and makes large scale battles impossible.

My dad's work computer in the 90s could run Noctis just fine, and that's a real infinite procedural no-loading-screens universe with creatures and discoveries. The normalfags are idiots because they thought that was a technological feat and would be the end-all game.

Microsoft isn't there to save it this time around

Good job showing you didn't read the article faggot. What part of "accurate translation" don't you understand?

Yes. Although stuff like wall fortification bonuses has been reintroduced based on fan requests.

You know I'm actually glad this shit got funded. Watching the shitstorm has been pretty entertaining.

Betting is the same as investing. You never put in more than 10% of your total assets into a single thing. RIP retarded user.

Please tell me this isn't coming from Derek's asshole?

I havent backed this but i was hoping the game would release one day

Debatable. Thanks to the idiotic electoral college system gerrymandering makes the US elections fairly corrupt. It disenfranchises millions of voters in " blue" States.

But I'm not a US citizen so its not my place to judge or care. Hell I doubt most Americans really do. How many voters even turn up?

The Electoral College system is designed specifically with that in mind. How would you feel if some assholes who lived 4000 miles away who were completely out of touch with the needs of you and your community had free reign to dictate how you went about managing your affairs, by merit of outnumbering you a hundred to one?

It's meant to preserve the rural states' ability to take part in the system without their input being drowned out by hordes of opinionated urbanites who know nothing about anything or anywhere that isn't within their own municipal area.

American elections are still corrupt as shit, though.

Not just urbanites, but their spic and nigger pets too.

but if its a flop no one will want to buy your account

This whole ordeal is just Darwins Law in action. Its natural selection at its finest. While many people learn to avoid scams and rigorously pirate overrated pieces of shit there are others who will undoubtly be crushed by their own inability to think criticially. I say let the industry produce more shit, let them fill normalfags lifes with lies and ripoffs. It all will ultimately reach a breaking point eventually which will lead to a reevaluation of our current business practices. And if not? Well there are always backlogs.

Don't say such things.
It can't end like that.

Are you doubting our lord and saviour roberts?

Read the article.

It's not really Darwin's law unless the people falling victim to in never breed, which we know isn't the case for at least a few of them.

You should see what the eternal crusade forums look like now. There are still drones 1 year after release and in 1 year of failed promises.
Those people live lives in an alternate dimension. There will still be scam citizen defense force even if the whole thing falls apart into free to play.

There's no curing human idiocy, at least not without an extensive eugenic program. That being said, since little new blood is entering gaming these days even the normalfags eventually wise up after getting burned a few dozen times. The AAA business model is unsustainable, problem is, what comes after it might be even worse.

What do you think voting is, you retarded burger.

The electoral college gives some people's votes more weight than others. Literally the only reason you think the EC is good is because those people vote the way you want them to so you can dictate the affairs of people who live 4000 miles away from you.

You mad the Democrips lost to a reality TV star?

you think you have any power at all?
how fucking delusional are you idiots?

>it's good when the unthinking many use (((democracy))) to enforce their will on the few
Is it pointless to remind you that everything you think and feel was cooked up decades ago by intellectuals who want you and everyone you know dead or enslaved?

Having an education system that actually educates instead of indoctrinates would go a long way to solving a lot of problems. Then having media outlets that inform rather than spin narratives would also help. Eugenics if for cleaning up the unsalvageables.

The Electoral College did the job it is intended to do. If the US election was based on popular vote, then California would decide every election for the rest of time. One state out of 50. A state that has millions of illegal who are allowed to vote because they are also allowed to have drivers licenses. Democrats are incapable of winning fairly, they can only cheat.

I don't think education and knowledge can be effectively systematic by nature.

It's not an ideal system. But direct democracy would completely destroy what little input the rural states have on how the country is run, which would likely destroy their ability to function due to the urban states' love of over-regulation. I'm of the opinion country has grown too large for the Federal Government to effectively administrate, and that its powers should be greatly reduced (with most matters being handled on the state and county levels). The Presidential Election should not be an earth-shattering event that causes the urban states to fly into apoplexy, and the rural, conservative states of the midwest should not decide marriage law for an overwhelmingly liberal urban state.

is correct. I actually live in California, and even though popular vote would give my state overwhelming power, that doesn't mean I agree with the idea of tossing out the electoral college. California is big enough to have its own internal rural-vs-urban split, with the conservative rural areas being held hostage by the liberal-minded megacities of Los Angeles, the Bay Area, and Sacramento. Imagining that on the national scale makes me shudder.

Part of education isn't just acquiring information, it's also teaching critical thinking skills. An old math teacher of mine used to lament how kids these days seriously lack such skills, and he was absolutely right. 12 years later and those kids are now adults and are largely a disaster.

It was the $150,000,000 stretch goal

The US would be better off with California sinking into the sea, population included.

I completely agree, so long as it's everything west of the San Andreas Fault. Not all of us are cucks. I live in an overwhelmingly white rural area, and I saw more Trump Signs driving down my street than I saw riving all the way up the 210 to a funeral in the San Fernando Valley.

There's a reason I said "and knowledge".

Knowledge itself isn't critical thinking. Critical thinking is about analysis of information and the ability to test pre-existing beliefs against new information, the ability to solve issues through reasoning and logic.

It's not about what you "know" it's about what you can conclude, and your conclusions could be different than what you thought you knew.

I have a feeling that you're not understanding I already knew this and didn't point it out for a reason. I didn't post "education and critical thinking" because they are one in the same while "education and knowledge", while heavily related, are more like squares and rectangles.

I cant find the pic, but the second one had already happened.

Yoko Tardo worshippers are hilarious, he is about as much of a game creator as Kojima is. If anything Platinum and its staff should be getting praise.

Yoko Taro has is a blessing for non-weebs as I like a Nip game that isn't Cliche's written on top of Cliche's.
The story is pretty good and has you think about it when you're not playing about it.

Something all his games have and he also likes to do new things in games that I enjoy.

He's overrated but definitely not shit.

???

The electoral college doesn't give anyone a vote for the President/Vice President but the Electors.

Except it does.

I don't give a single fuck if I'm interacting with 25 players. If I can't have space battles with hundreds of players i'm not fucking interested. I don't care if the game has le advanced graphics, I can and will turn that shit down.

At least they didn't go the NuMale's Sky way of "no goyim you totally are in a server with everyone else in the world, they're just really far away from your current position!"

BUT NO ONE IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO BUY THEM, YOU RETARD
THE GAME ISN'T GOING TO LAUNCH
YOU JUST WASTED $5,000 HAHAHAHAHA

You have no idea what you're talking about do you..?

The electoral college is a group of delegates that represent a group of counties are a single large county.

Yes the electoral electorates can choose a candidate other then the one voted by the people but that only happens 1-2 every 12 years and since there are nearly 500 delegates its meaningless.

On top of that, they can be removed from their post for that.

But please tell me how you know so much about a country you don't live in.

Same thing as No man's sky user.

What was the gameplay look of NMS? Shut up.

I just read the second reply of the first image and I'm already laughing like a retard

What the fuck.

This just makes me shake my head. It's a real shame he was able to reproduce.

25 players per server is pretty taxing, you should be glad that it even has mulitplayer at all due to the difficulties of getting everything put together. I wouldn't expect basement dwelling goobergator neonazis who harass womyn and people of color for being independent to understand actual game development.

Hey, thats 25 players in an infinite world with infinite atoms all playing out in REAL TIME. So you better be happy we even got 25 instead of 5 in such an advancement in technology thats NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Even though i knew that this thing was gonna flop really hard, im kinda dissapointed that we are never gonna get a good space opera game for a long time.

We are not a democracy, we are a republic, democracy is mob rule cancer that the founders said they would prefer a king if it came to that.

Are we sure that this isn't just a placeholder? I haven't spent a single cent on the project nor have I ever shilled about it but I was always impressed with their work and gameplays. I don't want to see this project die a horrible death like that.

Thanks guys

Double duds confirm. Derek Smart is a lying faggot.

B-but Derek Smart.

But its fun seeing one assblasted sperg fling shit at some other autist that probably doesnt even notice him anymore

Of course he forgets that the cake has been stolen long ago and pretends its still there.

I shouldn't have bought this Free to play game

Are you telling me my mint condition goldie the goldfish isn't worth anything? :(((

Get a load of this goy

I wish I was Derek Smart or I was the one who made the Ouya.

Games are not made by one person. It takes a special combination of developers, vision, and limitations to make a truly great game.

Dev teams from were composed of skilled people as well, and they shared that vision of making the game great, but i think now most people in the industry has no real experience or skill enough to be in there and just takes it as a routine job where they go and half ass their way through the tasks and call it a day.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

sure is summer

feels bad man

I hope everything will be alright in the end but I'm not too optimistic at this point…

Matt Damon was in planet of the apes? Which one?

video
fuckin
games

The Democracy series is a game about politics.

What was such a trainwreck about it? I thought it was alright. I got it in a big bundle and it seemed like Space Marine had a poorly optimized baby with Planetside 2.

Why can't an individual choose to fasten his seatbelts or not, to have life insurance or not, how and where educate his kids and wheter to vaccinate them, but suddenly every 4-8 years he magically gains the intellectual capability to vote on the best candidate to lead his country to prosperity?

ahaha get the fuck out of here, You're literally a century late, because since 1920's "education" is to literally waste your time and leave you with fucking nothing or even a net negative compared to what you could've done with the time.
What do you think an impoverish child needs? Memorizing poems and historical dates and names, or skills that'll let him leave poverty and make up for the lack of knowledge later down the line?
You need education for democracy, not to mention the ones winning set the curriculum (^:
And the poor will vote for those keeping them poor through lies and dumbing down.
But You can thank the Polish democrats for dissuading Japan from military aid and joint action against Bolsheviks (^:
dey be gud bois, dindu nuffin, marx needed mo money for dem books and shieet,

literally worse than infinity next

I guess when you've spent so much on a game, you'll defend the hell out of it in a desperate attempt to justify your purchase.

The ape girl looks 10 times better.

Four candidates with about 20% each, three of them are to the left of Le Pen. It worked with Trump because he was running against a left candidate and not a center-right one, not too hard to figure out.

Rural states are irrelevant either way. The states that mattered in 2016 were industrial states with large urban populations. Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Wisconsin are far from Jeffersonian agricultural utopias.

The electoral college instead gives weight to the states that sit in the ideological center. In recent times this has meant states that are dominated by populations that are culturally conservative but economically liberal.

Rural state politicians are the biggest hypocrites. They rail against over-regulation yet they are overwhelmingly in favor of government intervention in agriculture.

Are you sure life isn't a video game, user?

ah fuck

How dare you? Please apologize to this beautiful young woman

I'd still rather the ape.

Its the O(N*N) problem of player interaction.

Eve sidestepped it some by running their simulation once a second. For comparison most modern games range from 30 to 120 for near real time simulation.

Running multiple multicrewed ships in a single instance was always a lie.

Because Korra, Transformers and TMNT were so great.

So was the first drakengard. Doesn't mean he will be directing the sequel.

Didn't Yoko Taro recently say he didn't like the fact people are making porn art out of Bayonetta?

At the same time Todd Howard complained about people making gay porn of Link, yeah.

The rumour is that the build cycle is fraught with WTF errors that they aren't really sure what pieces broke what so they just punt the entire working build down when it finally works well enough.

I don't' think you understand what a server instance is and why 'transitioning' between instances doesn't mean dick to the 25 player cap per instance. For example, if a 25 man crew ship is in one instance and a 25 man is in another, They Will Never See Each Other.

No not really, the processing on large cluster is either atomic, by that I mean each incoming operation is similar but not related to the last (ie. web server cluster) or very tightly scheduled controlled piece of work like a Beowulf cluster.
Grid computing is where machines share resources with each other but the jobs they are doing are rarely related at least at the execution level.
None of this suits multiplayer gaming.

One word: Ambition

The most successful games, both financially and critically are actually pretty unambitious all things considered.

They reign in the scope, so that the developer can focus on doing what the game does do really well instead of trying to do everything and then fail at all of it. It doesn't matter whether you're indie, AAA or some famous name in game development, this still applies.

MMOs and Planet Exploration are two of the biggest "we're going full retard with our ambition here" red flags possible. Don't expect any game boasting those things to deliver.

How many jpeg did you buy?

When the server FPS is too low you get things like players running bullets, rubber banding, ghosting etc.

This happens because the server is taking too long to resolve the client actions in comparison to what you are perceiving at real time.

Modern games are actually raising this figure, not lowering it. To give you and idea quake3 was 20 fps on the server.

They attempted to reboot the series in 2001 with a remake of the original film. It's worse than you can imagine, so don't even bother watching it. Nothing is really explained and Matt Damon is involved in this bizarre love triangle where both the ape pictured and a human want to fuck him. Costumes are alright, though the female apes all look like Michael Jackson because they wanted to make them more sexually attractive.

The plot is that Matt Damon is an ape trainer on a space station orbiting Saturn because they need apes for space missions for some reason and then shit happens and Matt Damon ends up going thousands of years into the future. Also, it's not Matt Damon, but Mark Wahlberg. The way to tell the difference between the two is that Matt Damon has blue eyes and Mark Wahlberg brown.

That's a better twist than what the film could come up with.

They should totally do a movie where they costar together and then they reveal themselves at the end to be the other.

The chosen must be hating themselves for not having come up with SC first.

Star Citizen.

She looks like she belongs in that music video about prolapsed anuses.

yeh because that went so well last time.

u fuckin wot m8

Walls Fall Out

Go ahead, google it.

FUCKING DISGUSTING WHY DOES THIS EXIST

If you paid 5k for virtual jpegs like a moron would you pay for a 8k paper hat I'll make for you? With shipping and handling included of course.

Gonna need a big batch of these for the Scam Citizen cultists.

Have the cultists started blaming the haterz for the projects failure yet?

user. Did you ever see the USA voting map by county for the 2016 presidential election? Info says Hillary won the popular vote. If that is true, according to county map Hillary won popularity from about 20% or less of entire US locations. Think about that for a sec user.

How long has Scam Citizen been a thing now? I backed the kickstarter with 40 dollars and I can't even remember WHEN. It must have been at least 3 years ago. Back then it looked like it actually had a future.

California only allowed illegals to have drivers' licenses since 2015, though. There's no way that millions registered before 2016.

That's not hard to believe.

wrong. they've been doing that since the early 2000s but it was on a case by case basis. in 2015 they pretty much opened the floodgates. by this time millions of illegals already had licenses.

There's no way that millions registered before 2016.
even if you dont take into account all the illegals that had licenses before 2015, its easily plausible that 1+ million can get licenses in a year. EASILY.

that was 5 years ago

Well shit.

California is estimated to have around two and a half million illegal immigrants. We know that they all can't be over 18, and based on US census data, let's assume that this number of ineligible illegals is 24%, which to me seems like a low number since these are primarily Latinos, but let's be generous here. So now the number of illegal registered voters is placed at 1.9 million. Voter turnout according to polling according to the NYTimes is about 55.5%, though that number is likely significantly lower among illegals due to fear of deportation, but let's assume that 55.5% of illegals in California voted in our hypothetical scenario. That would bring the number of illegal immigrants to just under 1.1 million. 1.1 million people, however, will not change the outcome and Clinton would have still gotten California even if these illegal votes were all cast for Donald Trump. If there was not a single illegal vote in California, it would still go to Hillary Clinton.

And if you're telling me that a million illegals are willing to study for a written exam and pay a fee just so they can get registered and give their thumbprint when most of them live in the city where there are sidewalks, subways, buses, fucking Uber, and various alternative transportation methods, you're full of shit.

>Voter turnout according to polling according to the by the NYTimes

Would it shock you immensely if I told you the creator was a filthy kike ratman?

Holy shit. This is the first piece of 100% evidence that this fucking game is actually doomed up until now it was very much debateable and was in fact debated but this does it, the fate is sealed.

This is fucking huge.

How will cuckshitizens ever recover?

By buying more ships.

20 years from now you will have delusional Scam Yiddizens pouring huge amounts of their own time, effort and money into fan projects aimed at finally making SC a reality when the actual scam died 19 years ago. You will have fan pages for a game that never released and fleeced people for millions.

Look up the psychological principle of consistency. They can't give up now, that would be admitting to themselves and everyone around them that they are retards. This is literally a mindset shared with doomsday cults.

Most of the guys I've seen defending this game don't look like they'll last another 10 or so years before heart disease or AIDS gets them.

Image sauce?
Looks like idolshit, but it's so smug like my anime girls I'm curious to see more reaction images.

I see nothing wrong with this logic, I mean this 25 player limit is only temporary the net code is not good enough for more then 25 players. (^:
t. a reddit cuck

I am familiar with this concept, but I think you are both correct and also over complicating the way you are looking at it, search "post purchase rationalization" its just as applicable and also more likely to be the cause of their decisions.

Consistency in particular sticks in my mind WRT Star Citizen because Cialdani's book uses cults that have had outlandish claims publicly disproved as one example of this principle.

archive.is/DTgdL#selection-677.0-681.836

Licensing is piss easy, even more so in regions occupied by spics and niggers.

Nani?

Furries gonna furry.

looks like incest runs in that family

That is shit already user. Really bad shit given how mediocre planetside and space marine are.
Top it off with tons of with poor controls, poor gameplay, arena shooter tier content, limited maps, tons of gamebreaking bugs like being stuck in a wall, or spawning vehicles on top of yourself and dying instantly, abysmal balance, terrible netcode and you have a shitshow an indie dev could only dream about making.
It's bad in every single way. There is not one single good thing about that game.

Yeah probably.

oh god that's disgusting. the added picture of the culprits explains so much. it's kind of hard to believe though. just by looking at the pictures it's already ridiculous but the article is just too much. it reads like a satire, it's got to be fake.

Voice of reason here- anyone following the development has known the multiplayer would be instanced for literally YEARS now. I think they said it back before Destiny released because I remember people comparing Bungie's instancing to Star Citizen's suggested system. There are so many physics calculations involved in their flight system that you'd need multiple modern top-tier processors to keep the game from chugging if you wanted more than two dozen players flying around in one place.

City folk deserve only fire.

I have zero dollars invested in this game. But you guys are grasping at straws. The entire game is based on server instances, we've known that for years now. If currently only 25 people can be in a single instance, that's a bit disappointing, but there's no one saying that's going to be the final number of people per instance. You guys are fucking retards praying desperately for a second tortanic.

I say year because they've been delaying the "final" release for a long time.
Then again, they may choose to keep it perpetually in alpha/beta/gamma/delta just so people could say "but it's not finished yet!"

Cannot wait for those epic 25-man space battles!!!

How about you guys?

Stop.

i'm not going to defend eve, that game is total garbage. it has its good moments many years ago when i played.

BUT 25 MAN MAXIMUM, BATTLES??!??

ahahaha, eve is not epic, but i wonder that that makes SC?

2 years ago I would have been angry at them for supporting a conman, now it's too late. Now you can only sit back and laugh

I had a 250$ pre-KS packages I sold tosome rearded redditor for 1k$. I made my money out of the scam too so now I can rest easy.

I want a russian Cirno

We are already witnessing a second Tortanic, except this Tortanic is hundreds of miles long scraping an iceberg in slow motion. It's going to be a while before it punctures that hole and sinks the ship but it is going to happen. The question is when?
I highly doubt it will be this year or even next year when it sinks, hell I actually made a post about this two years back when Derek Smart turned himself into a meme. Right now this game has about 2-3 years max of life in it before shit really hits the fan and it sinks. All we are seeing at the moment is the buckling from all the stress piled on and while there is a lot of shit going wrong, Chris Roberts still has time to turn shit around. However if he will turn things around or not is another question altogether and judging from his previous actions I highly doubt he will unless he is kicked out and his brother takes over.

I argue this on /o/ all the time and it's incredible watching city cucks trip over each other to defend their disgusting lifestyle with nonsense arguments.

Different scope.

Are you insane? Don't bring up basic logic or common sense in a Star Citizen shitpost.

These people are discussing something that's been known for almost a month and part of the companies press releases like it's some super secret leaked internal document about the finished product. They don't care about facts. Just the good feeling of shitposting an anticipated game.

HI HILLARY. YOU'RE STILL GOING TO BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON.

so single player Lan?

It's a game about kike politics, artificially weighted toward communist practices.

Info says Hillary stole the popular vote. There were at least 8 million illegal votes.

Nah, kike. They've been illegally voting since the 1970s.

During the Quebec referendum in 1995, Canada fast tracked the naturalization of immigrants so they could have as many people as possible voting NO. The vote ended 49.42% YES and 50.58% NO. Wouldn't surprise me if the US did this too during the general election.

Eve is a fundamentally different game, the visuals are there pretty much for show. Movement is done via clicks and the weapons are automated, it's not very resource intensive which is why you can have big battles, and is why server side…time dilation? i forgot what they called it can work.

I think it's just naive to assume that we were anywhere near big space battles with a decent ping/fps with modern hardware.

This is the most surprising thing of all.

How?
He'd need to deliver a good, working game.
Even the working part seems to be ways off, as evidenced by comments in .
They can't even get stable 20fps. It's a very fast slideshow.
Not to mention that they burned a fuckton of money on mocap equipment, production and voice acting.
They're probably very close to running out of cash which is why they keep releasing new, better jpeg ships and nerfing old ones.

How could this mess be fixed?

Just throw more money at it of course!

I post on halfchan /o/ because ours is dead and car guys remain relatively untouched by the cuck shit on that site since it's such a masculine hobby

While I applaud you for noticing the bleeding obvious you are also pretty slow to think this was the first.

< literal retards post here
< but its still funny to see.

kek

Hi guys, check out my card! :)