How do I explain to a smaller sibling that spending money to build a pc exclusively for emulation is a retarded idea?

How do I explain to a smaller sibling that spending money to build a pc exclusively for emulation is a retarded idea?
They won't listen to reason

Other urls found in this thread:

toddmoore.com/arcade/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She'll listen to rape
Nice ID dubs

Whats so bad about emulation? Certain emus need a powerful pc so…

How does she intend to play only emulation on it? Why would normal PC games be a no-go? If her current hardware can't into PCSX2 and she's preparing for the PS3 emulator it's not that retarded to upgrade, but surely it would also benefit from conventional games.

why is it retarded?

What, do they intend to stick it in a fucking arcade cabinet or something?

It's not retarded though, do you even know what you are talking about ?

Like, if she wants to emulate something bigger than a PS1, sure. Also, gotta have mass storage for ISOs, nigga.

its like you are a console cuck or something

Think about it for a second, why attempt to obscure the sex of his sibling? In all probability he just didn't want to say sister to avoid dealing with POST TITS and such. Sister it is.

It is a good idea though. If he makes a good functional pc and doesnt just buy the latest crap, he can play all the games he wants for a little over 600 bucks, and also pc games

I hate to break it to you, but girls don't like video games, and they especially don't like good video games.

My sister has been playing Persona 3 Portable for about 5 years. I don't even know how many times she's beaten it.

The only retard here is you OP.

>tfw she didn't touch quality games ever after for more than 10 years and settled down on hidden object games and d3

If your sibling is going for something bigger than what>>13057517
said then why does it sound retarded?

I can't understand why you think it's retarded.
There are a lot of great games too be played only because he wasn't born yet or had an appropiate age to enjoy them.

In fact, you should actually show him what games are considered good and why, do not forget to tell him that he can still enjoy any game and that he shouldn't just mimic what everyone thinks/says.
Maybe he will develop a taste and won't start sucking Corporate Cock when he gets older.

In fact if I had a son and he actually wanted to play something like Dark Cloud and not the latest Cock of Duty game I would be proud.

I mean… if you build it for a specific task, then yeah, so long as it does the task - then it's done the job it was designed to do. What's the problem? Seems an awful waste of potential, but there's nothing to say that emulation won't just be the foot in the door to better and maybe more productive things.

When it came to my brothers the only way to get them to not do something retarded was to hit them.

It is not retarded idea. Get cheap GPU and high single core performance CPU.
Enjoy most consoles and pretty much any PC game besides AAA.

damn this user is smart

It's not retarded, emulation means context switches that are unnecessary on native hardware.
Extra context switches means performance hits all the way from the bottom up.
Depending on how new the games are, they may need a fairly strong pc to emulate the games.

Don't. Offer to build him a super sweet emulation rig and take his money. Buy him a toaster and pocket the difference.

let me guess:
you only play call of duty or BF1 on your PS4 and tell your sis that PCs aren't as powerful as everyone says

you're projecting, OP

But that's a great fucking idea you moron.

Ambitious idea, he won make tho

Current emulation has so many different interactions with hardware, it varies from brand to model it`s insane, I am kinda curious what`s his concept of "PC for emulation"

happens all the time:

toddmoore.com/arcade/

That's wrong thogh.
As long as you're not buying AMD trash you're fine.

A RasPi

How is it retarded? So long as the pc isn't high-end, you can play a shitload of games for a long time.

how do i explain to an user that buying 6 different consoles to play games instead of building a computer to play them all on one is retarded?