A fellow user recently turned me on to hollow knight. great game. the hornet is one of my new waifus

a fellow user recently turned me on to hollow knight. great game. the hornet is one of my new waifus

Other urls found in this thread:

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ123294.html
steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/1354868867714951369/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's just an upside-down gondola with a candy wrapper attached.

i am also mildly infatuated with iselda, i want her to have my pupae

Oh I see.

hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

Weren't filenames fixed?

148/149 filenames are from after we switched to the new format, but before we re-added a unicode format. OP is a cuckchanner.

fuck off. i haven't been to 4chan since the exodus. well, went back once to Holla Forums, but i got cancer in all my holes and left immediately before it got any worse

sure

She's a character that starts out as an agile recurring boss, then becomes a supporting character if you do several optional areas that lead to one of the better endings.

Is this game easy to pick up for someone who's in the middle of a deep depression?

if you're in the middle of deep depression you should just end your life

haha cuckchanners… epic :))) aint no community like ours, my epic Holla Forums Holla Forums brethren!! upvote! :)

It goes for a "everything is fucked" kind of atmosphere so probably not.

Otherwise, top-tier taste. Bugs are best waifus

Bug thread?
Bug thread.

ok

inb4 pozz posters show ups

fluffy white moths are pretty cute

Like pottery.

>(((white)))
Around moth watch your loincloth

Probably? The art is all pretty cutesy and it softballs all the sad story shit.

Ok, real talk. Is hollow knight shit or not?
And if so, why?

As someone who's 100% it on no death mode, it's bretty gud.

Setting and lorewise, it's basically a 1:1 rip of Dark Souls, but with cute little buggos. Unlike many of the DARK SOULS INSPIRED indieshit games, I think it manages to pull it off just fine. It has a good art style, comfy feeling, and good soundtrack.

For anyone on Holla Forums, it's probably moderate-slightly challenging. For normalfags, it's IMPOSSIBLE PLEASE ADD EASY MODE HARDEN THAN DARK SOULS XDD. It feels a little linear in the first two areas, but then branches off very quickly once you get your dash and/or wall climb ability.

It's not shit. It's a great Metroidvania. Gameplay is great and the battles are fast-paced and require tactical maneuvers, even for your basic enemies, let alone the bosses.

Just get it. You'll like it.

It really fucking depends on personal tastes. Some people love it, some hate it, it's rare to see someone holding middle ground.
Better to try it for yourself.

You can't deny that it has some serious dips in quality like white palace or fools colosseum.

Grey Mourner, White Palace, and Fools are basically the big 3 pain in the asses for 100% completion.

Having done the white palace like 3 times now, I've found at least 2 or 3 shortcuts that greatly cut down the bullshit of the place. Increased range is pretty silly for bouncing off shit.

Also here's a cute little scare, don't watch if you don't want to spoil that fun little part.

Problem with white palace is that it's required for true ending.
I don't mind fools since you can ignore last gauntlet and still get pretty much everything.
But white palace dwindled my impression and game sunk from 10/10 to a mere 7/10. You need meatboy controls for this shit, not something like HK.

I like Fools Colosseum, at least all but the last part anyway. I do think it and White Palace being solely combat and solely platforming respectively weakens them, the genre is enjoyable to me because of how it fuses platforming and combat and when you put each in a vacuum they're just not that appealing. I think the bits of the Colosseum where the floor is all spikes and the walls move in were actually some of my favorite bits in the game because of how well they link the two aspects.

The true ending only matters for achievements (and fulfillment sake). You don't need it for 100%

But muh story, muh hornet!

True.

Holy shit. I found that exact moth the other day. Was on the tip of my fingers and is that female?
if it isn't I dreamt of something not real

Did you fug her?

Ah, man, now I can't unsee this trash.
I liked this chick, too.

what do you think?

It's a bug? It looks nothing like a bug, though.

Hornets are fags. Bee's are cute.

Was she wet and made lewd moth noises?

I thought it was just another low resource flash game.

No noise was made. Outside some flutters, the moth kept trying to leave my finger as I walked. I really wanted to keep that fluffy moth, it was so soft. Why worry about rape when it's so soft to the touch?

Great game. I am yet to finish it.
Although I only managed to finish the game at 80% complete before looking up the map online.

Completely missed the 3rd spell and the hive. It would be easier to prevent missing shit if the map showed more precisely where you have been. Eg if you walk into a room/area only to say "I'll go there later" you will forget and assume you have been there according to your map.

True.
Just don't bring no wasps.
Wasps should all be torn from this earth.
Only kept in research facilities deep under ground for threats to alium diplomats.

Moths need to be free and bring their softness to the world.

you're welcome :^)

Needs to be set to music.
Can't be that hard with all the comfy from the game's OST.

my nigger

Don't forget the very slight animation.

I'd take most bug girls on the condiition I don't die if we fug, you wont hate me if we fug & we can procreate.

If that was a she, she was really, really soft. Would fug moth pussy.

Having little larva babies is the best part, objectively.

I would be up for a Mantis girl if we could go all the way. Though if she tried anything with my head the relationship is off. That mantis girl is pretty sweet though.

That's just a myth propagated by human hags what don't want you to go after superior mantis women.

well if you say so. That one is kinda cute. The eye lashes are nice.

I like to imagine stuff like that's a side makeup product, type deal.
As in, they literally stick on fake eyelashes. The concept is adorable to me, honestly.

Make up seems interesting to me, on an insect face at least. I had a story offly enough of a human with a mantis girl, or a specific insect she was a grasshopper I think both are adorable though. My mind made this up too, so there's always that. The fact my dreaming self made that up.

kek

No.

So where's the mantis girls?

Rampant xenophilia is my fetish. Proper alium culture, however, is required in order to get the effect.
Human aliens are boring as fuck. Not just human-looking, but human-acting.
You gotta have some culture of their own, some characteristics. Little things that add up.

Alas, literally nobody does this, aroundabout.
/tg/ is about the only one willing to so much as glance at it, it feels like.

I got full /tg/ on a couple species I have concepted on my own. I just gotta write my guy doing things with them, and gac=ve them talk about aspects of culture.

Yes, but you can still tell the difference between halfchan and Holla Forums unix timestamps.
Halfchan's unix counts milliseconds.
Holla Forums's unix just counts seconds.
This makes Holla Forums's unix timestamps noticeably shorter.

That said, Hollow Knight was surprisingly fun, to the point I could hardly believe it was Western

Not really, White Palace was way easier than Meat Boy or I Wanna Be The Guy, if only because of how many tricks and tools you have to cheat it. Do remember, you can do both an Air Dash and a Double Jump in the same jump.

The cast of the game are all bugs wearing masks.

So interested in a terrible idea only /rg/ would be turned on by?

The fuck is an /rg/?

Anyway, it's more making the alien whatsits actually somewhat alien.
I don't really like a full tilt autismal runup like that one artist what gets dumped in xeno threads does, though. I prefer something a little more grounded. Kobolds are a good example, honestly. Big one is it gotta be something tangible, what makes sense. It needs hands, for instance, it needs some means of moving around. Armless spacesnakes are dumb, flatly.

Same deal with culture. No need for lovecraftian horror shit where nothing they do makes sense from a human perspective.
Just make them their own. Make them have their own leanings, their own habbits. Small stuff that adds up, not stupidly vague big shit that would simply never be practical.

A good example along that lines is dragons. Or at least, how I like to do dragons.
See, dragons are these big, old, massively powerful critters, right? So what kind of attitude do you think something that's literally the peak of existence, bar literal gods? They're massively prideful, and don't bother putting much thinking or plotting into their actions. Why would they? If they want something, they can just take it. If they wish to change something, they can change it. If they want something gone, they can destroy it. Their wants and desires are still relatively normal, still 'human' if you will, it's just that they don't bother with the human method of working hard or planning, they simply take it.
On the flip side, this also means that dragons are, by nature, bored. They're more inclined to bouts of curiosity, they hold interest in experimentation, and they love puzzles. This is because nothing is a challenge for them any more. There is nothing they can't do. Where, for a human, merely existing is often a challenge, for a dragon, thriving is handed to them on a silver platter. So, they seek other means of challenge, of interest in life. Of course, due to their massive pride, lack of general thinking, and rather uncontrolled emotion, these ventures easily turn south.
See, none of these thinkings wouldn't apply to a human, in a dragon's position, but at the same time, they make the dragon drastically different from the human.
This is, I believe, how non-humans should be done.

I'm going to presume he typoed /tg/ since r and t are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Reminder that this is a waifu thread. Make sure to shit on the regular waifufags when they appear.

You can play it, user.

Why are moths so adorable?

Because they are very small, fluffy, have big eyes. and like to fidget and groom themselves.

I kill them on sight.

though I've never seen a cute moth like , just the pesty small ones that are attracted to my lights and monitor

HOW DID YOU SPEND EIGHT HOURS IN WHITE PALACE?

I wonder if anyone's attempted a bug tulpa. Seems like that could go pretty wrong.

Are you the bonganon that goes moth crazed every summer?

Pretty much like the "normal" stuff then.
I mean we've propably all seen the screencaps.

Right, seems like it would add a bit more ZING to that little living nightmare.

Would beatings for not giving enough attention be more enjoyable when they come from a fluffy cute moth? Perhaps, I'm not in a hurry to try tho.

Kill yourself, cuckchan trash.

You're not referring to the pony ones right? Tulpa stuff might be sketchy but that thing is fake as fuck.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the other guy was right.
I don't know what you expected.

It's actually hand drawn so it should have reqs even lower than that of a flash game, but hey unity.

Absolutely benis.

Because fuck that place. It ruined the game.

HOLLOW KNIGHT IS THE CURRENT GOTY

Dead Cells is better.

You know the only reason Ghost saw his image and not some other bug he was related to was because inside he's void so all he knows is himself.

Someone showed these cuckchan webms to me
Spoiled because it's equally cute and abusive

I didn't have much trouble with White Palace, but I did equip the charm from the Hive once I realized WP is literally just platforming; the one that heals the last mask worth of damage over 8 seconds or something. If you're willing to wait a bit every time you fail a jump, you never have to restart the segment.

Help me figure out a speedrunning route

Apparently if you sword pogo and have a ghost in the ancient basin, you can get the double jump early without having to get the crystal dash. What's the earlier you can get in there?

You need at least the mantis claw to navigate around in there, so some kind of route that goes crossroads->greenpath->deepnest->basin with lantern early?

I bet he likes to be toyed with
I was going to post cutesy R34 to go along with this but the artist is a fucking fag and she deleted half of her Hollow Knight posts.

Ghost is not for sexual
He is for cute

no

What does that have to do with my post?

How does it even fly with such fluffy wings? Can it?

Fuck off back to halfchan, normalfag scum.

He is cutely sexual.
I want to cuddle with him

It's a plush.

No? Nosk just picked up previously killed Knight's body that just so happened to look like yours. There are a bunch of husks similar to yours around the game, you're not unique. Birthplace cut-scene confirms that.

wait
what

I wouldn't know that ghost was made of void if I hadn't already figured out what you said about birthplace already. It's just nosk's face at the time looks exactly like you. The dream nail read bugs killed in his lair say it's people familiar to them too.

Speaking of other hollow knights, isn't the village elder one too? For some reason I also think nosk is one because he has a birth chamber in the room after you beat him. Is zolt one? Thousands fell to the bottom not being able to survive escaping the wyrm innards maybe a lot made it out over time just like ghost.

No, that's still Super Robot Wars V

Why do THICC fags ruin everything with thier ape-like tastes?

R34 artists can be major shitters.

IMPORTANT

I saw a bug friend on my way home today
I just thought you should know

thanks user, that was nice to know

I wish more games did the whole bug aesthetic. I think it would be neat to have a 1600s - 1700s style of universe except with bugs in small cities and underground bases.

Or a bug-city overun by a deadly virus parasite as you trying to survive through hordes of infested fellow bug citizens and discover the truth as the only living member of an elite special forces unit that you lost to a 14 hard sole incident during an investigation at a mysterious manor a few years back

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ123294.html

you are not a bug in that one tho

SOMEBODY LIED TO ME MY GHOST ISNT ACTIVATING TO CHASE ME

Bring back a rancid egg to the magic woman in the town; and have her summon it.

That's not what I was referring to at all.
I'm trying to get the Monarch Wings early by sword pogoing up there

So, what's wrong with procgen anyways? Assuming its done right?

I mean, in a traditional RL, you'd have templated important rooms, which may vary, with some connecting fluff in between.

Even Diablo 1, 2, and Path of Exile have "template" pieces that snap together

Because these games aren't Diablo, and they aren't roguelites. They're action-platformers with a focus on exploration, which works best in completely hand-designed maps. Haphazardly stitching map pieces together is awful for this kind of game. It's a large part of why Rogue Legacy sucks.

*roguelikes

Oh. So you're trying to bait down your ghost, and then use it as a springboard to get up? That's pretty smart. Good luck.

Someone said you can do it. I still have to fight Lost Kin after jumping over.

The problem is, I managed to hit my ghost with a spirit, but that instantly kills him (I basically jump and dash from the wall in the middle, and shoot at the peak of my jump and I just have him in range).

I need more HP so he survives, then I need to bounce on the spikes to maneuver him, and THEN get one shot to hit him and hope I can cling onto the edge long enough to get up.

noice

>said cult worships a bug eating bird
>but since we already have human sized bugs, the bird is more like an eldritch abomination that only kinda sorta looks like a bird
sounds fun.

gotta find the right ones.

I mean sure, a little curve is nice on a girl, but why do they put mounds upon mounds of fat on their legs, ass, and tits?

Comic related.

nigga that ain't a moth

you ain't a moth

I saw a huge fucking moth after a monsoon. It was a cute and got stuck on my shirt.

I wouldn't date a mantis because they're dangerous and creepy. Bubble bees are where it's at.

These moths are no good.

Seeing as this thread is now a hive for bugfuckers, let me just remind you all:your insect waifu feels nothing for you

I dont think so, its attempts to be cute if you look past the art style and aesthetics and look at the story and atmosphere are you will see a more melancholic tone, the ending is dark and the true ending is even darker.

Kill yourself.

Is that guoh? This looks like guoh.

Waifus don't exist. They can do whatever.

Reminder to shit on the regular waifufags. Including the vols.

That's a cute boi, what anime?

I don't quite follow

Got up to 6 HP, spirit still kills my shade in one shot. No good.

Without newfags this place would have fallen apart years ago.

your a newfag for taking stale bait.

this isn't even subtle. He tried to be funny but your autistic ass just doesn't get it.

You didn't get close enough.

Reminds me of Bug Story or Bugs Life or whatever it was where they make a giant wooden bird to scare some grasshoppers.

I agree by large. Hips are okay, since that's covered by a poofy skirt, but even then, you better not go too major.
On-model shit is always better.

Then again, that said, in this case there might not be much left over if you go for on-model.

Listen, I like bumblebees, they're adorable and soft, and friendly.
But fuck you mate, mantises are cooler.

pleb taste tbh

What's going on in that image?
Is she's a belly dancer or is she getting married?

looks like a bridal niqab

I didn't waifu her or anything but watching what happens to her and being unable to save her was painful

So she's a Muslim?
I can get past her being a mantis, but that might be a deal breaker..

jesus christ user you can't just leave her at the alter

Ah, she'll get over it.

He's just baiting by pretending to be retarded.

if she wore that while I fucked her I'd be all for it.

do you not understand how soul crushing it is for a bride to be abadoned in that way
here's a quote from a woman this happened to
you're going to break her little mantis heart user

you're not serious

Even if he is my statement still rings true

I'd take his place though if she's muslim I don't wanna.

This has been made pretty clear, but just to be perfectly clear:
fuck off with your bait tier waifu shit
Also, the game is lowest shit tier Salt and the Sanctuary clone. (Play SatS, it's great)
This thread is a bad joke.

Well then, she is going to have to deal with those emotions alone because I ain't marrying her.

Given the flowers, I am fairly certain it is a wedding dress.

I do have a belly dancer, though

People like you are why everyone thinks mantises eat heads after sex.

Also, veils are not exclusive to muslims, especially when talking wedding ceremonies.

I hope neither of you try to deny responsibility when she hangs herself

Sure, I guess they're a rather hotheaded breed of moths.

Not that this thread is about Hollow Knight any more, but the free DLC (featuring 2 new bosses) drops on August 3rd

Nice. How does one go about acquiring it?

Mods ban this mormon scum

Hornet is cute and I want to kiss her

That's better

That rear seems a bit too large. Hornet is a fair ways more dainty than that.

HNNNGGG THICCCCERRRR

yup

From a strictly realistic standpoint, someone who could jump and maneuver like hornet would 100% have thighs and ass like that.

But Guoh also draws her with a ridiculously huge ass and thick thighs? It doesn't seem any less thick than if you ask me.

I hate Guoh's art and I don't know why.

Sure, sure, for humans. But keep in mind she's a bug.
I'm not even against giving her some decent thighs, but just give her more, if you will, grasshoperish thighs, than BBW trash.

I've grown to dislike his stuff in recent times, and that's simply because every fucking time it's the same goddamn shit. Same body on everything.
Sometimes, he goes around this with specific characters, or with more beastial things, but for the majority of the time, it's the same shit different head.
He's got a lot of technical talent, and I love his more /tg/-tier stuff, but especially lately, it seems he's got a focus on that dull samey shit.

bumping for cute bugs

I realy dont know what to do after beating Hornet and killing Mushroom Ogres in Fungal Wastes. Trying to not use guides but really stuck.

Have you been to mantis town yet? Once you've been there the next few areas to go to will become obvious.

You still have to explore the areas that your map doesn't have borders yet. Go to them and see if you have to swim, long, or double jump to keep going. It's like you never played one of these before…

Water is acid - instant death.
already have a moth wings
I cant double jump.

Also mantis are to strong. Cant pary or avoid missing health. Already lost all money.

You'll figure it out. Also as in almost all games like this you gain the ability to traverse anything eventually,

Get practicing, if you can't beat the mantis' you ain't getting anywhere.

2D Dark Souls w/ bugs

Can you at least wall jump?
If you can't, you fucked up in the mantis village somewhere.
Git gud, faglord.
This is coming from a guy who's getting his ass kicked by the Hollow Knight fight, and had a good amount of trouble in the 2nd Hornet fight
Try jumping then dashing when the mantis prepares to lunge

Nigga are you for real? Just nail bounce on top of them. Once you've explored a bit, an NPC straight up tells you to avoid the mantis boss/area til you upgrade your nail, then gives you directions to the next place and tells you there's a guy there who will do it for you. If you don't learn to nail bounce on enemies now you'll have a hard time with some of the mid game bosses. If you're still lost, in the mantis area, go towards the midsection on the right til you find a broken elevator I think and some archways leading right, head in that direction and you'll find where you're supposed to go. You'll also find some water that isn't acid, and maybe something that might help you with the acid too. Honestly I waited til my second nail upgrade before fighting the mantises, as well as getting the upgrade to your dash that allows you I-frames with it.

Hollow knight was super easy for me, with quick attack, long nail, and the shadow dash, but The Radiance was a total cunt to beat

You need Izma's Tear to deal with the acid, and as far as I know, that needs the super dash or simple key to reach

Explore Fungal Wastes past ogres to find Mantis Village and walljump. You should be able to reach the City of Tears next.

You can also reach Deepnest but that's going to be hell for you at this point as well as too far off route

Both are needed.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure you can enter the eastern sewers via super dash if you have it. There might be one-way shortcuts, though.

The Royal Waterways requires the key to get into. There is a path you super dash through in the City of Tears, but the positioning is such that you can't start the super dash in that room, you can only dash through it, or drop out of the super dash into that room. There are other shortcuts into the waterways, but they can only be opened from within the waterways themselves.

Yeah the room with the broken elevator, but I thought you could enter from the right side.

I'm tempted to start a new save just to prove you wrong find out for sure

If you can I'd love to see it. No sarcasm, I really would.

It's only 450 geo, I'm not seeing the big deal here.

I've always liked the concept of a campaign setting where insectoids are the common species but they also have to deal with the titanic level of nasty shit they have struggle against in the real world.

There would be a cult that utilizes a sort of weaponized version of horsehair worms as well as cordyceps fungi.

It was the feeling of going off the path and exploring an area that looked uninteresting and being rewarded for it, and then the realization they intended for you to find it, and if you could do that, then they were keenly aware of their physics and engine capabilities, and that there must be some difficult area later (which there was)

I wonder what it's like to be loved that much

You create a happy family, you produce good children, you grow old together, your wife starts fearing your death more than her own because she doesn't want to imagine her last few years being without the only person she's ever loved.

Do this instead >>>Holla Forums10287158

This game is pretty good but I want more of every aspect of it. Feels pretty bad cause I know thats not going to happen.

Minor expansion on the 3rd, including a new fast travel option and 2 bosses

Okay just got the dash, let's test it out

Seems promising so far, user

Yeah, just got to the Dung Defender without the simple key. Not really a great route in my opinion, though.

There's a simple key you can find on a body fairly early on, which would simplify this a lot. It's in the City of Tears under the first Stagway.

Yes I know, but the point was getting there without the one "required" Simple Key

…. but why?

Same reason you would build speed for 12 hours to properly align your QPUs and get the star in Watch for Rolling Rocks with minimal A presses: because it can be done.

You can use the key elsewhere, instead. For example, Steel Soul's Jinn, letting you use rancid eggs for money early on, letting you get the lantern earlier.

Didn't he mention this in a tumblr post? I'm trying to find it but I can't seem to, maybe I've imagined it. It was specifically some introspective thoughts about where he wanted to direct his art/subject matter towards and about drawing the same thing over and over.

No idea. I only really bother with the art. Though, I do recall him saying something along the lines on one of his little art streams.
It certainly wouldn't surprise me, but it doesn't really fix his problem at the moment. A bit of a shame, too, since whenever he does decide to branch out, it usually ends up pretty solid.

I really want a sequel and a hard mode

That Kingdom's End shortcut you took requires you to already have the Tram Pass. I'm now trying to rack my brain trying to remember if you can get that without going to the Royal Waterways first. I'll try it out.

Yeah, I got the mantis hook, and bumbled into deepnest, grabbed the tram pass, went to the basin, and up via either KE or basin into the city.

Like ultimately, the goal is to get the Dream Nail as fast as possible, then do the dreamers, then kill the boss; everything else is auxiliary.

The entrances to the Resting Grounds are:

The best glitchless route seems to be:

Fair enough, guess it is possible. Bravo user I'll try it out myself, currently trying a run with no upgrades to the Nail and no use of damage-boosting Charms

Wanna know something else?
I don't think you need Izma's Tear to beat the game.

I have to try it again, but I think with careful dashes and double jumps, you can just barely get to Monomon without touching the water.

If you Super Dash from the right side I think it's pretty easy to do. That would be a hell of a run trying to go without the Tear though.

Do you NEED the lantern to interact with things in Deepnest? It'd be fucking awful to go through the darkness there, blind, but it'd be nice to know if it's possible. For example, you can't do the tollgates in the Crossroad/Peaks junction without it, because it's dark. I think it's safest to just assume you do need the 1800g lantern (but then the locations of hollownest seals or idols becomes valuable during a run)

Likewise, you NEED the Monarch Wings to get to the Watcher's Spire for the dreamer there, since I don't think there's any enemies to cheese. And as I've just shown, you need either the Shade Cloak+Super Dash, OR Izma's Tear to get to Monomon.

So this might be a viable route:

I want to say, get the monarch wings and shadow dash at this point, because then you can quickly drop into deepnest via the queen's garden with the shadow dash, get the tram pass and shit but I don't know

I still want to figure out if I really can cheese the requirement for Monarch's Wings needing the super dash too. You need at least 8 mask shards to make your shade survive a few hits, I think. It has to survive vengeful spirit (to aggro it), plus the one hit to pogo off of it.

So that's doable without too much backtracking and lets you avoid having to go to the Crystal Peak or needing the lantern too early. IF you can indeed do the shade bounce. I don't even know if it's possible, but I want it to be.

Because then, you are able to open your run with playing normal up to mantis claws, get +2 health (Fragile Health might actually boost the shade's health too since it cares about max health at time of death; Joni's actually makes it die in one hit) for a total of +4 health (or maybe +3 might just be enough).

Anyways, you get the Monarch Wings, that means early shadow dash immediately after, and then you can backtrack over to queen's station, and do gardens into deepnest dreamer, and fog canyon into monomon. You'd grab the watcher somewhere along the way, as well as the lantern. If you don't get Izma's tear, then you require going to the crystal peak for the super dash, plus lantern.

how do I beat the soul master?
the first form is so tedious and the second form fucks me up. What are some tips?

Second form as in the second phase of the fight where he starts to spamming his downward dive? Just dodge it until he holds still and starts spamming the energy balls, he's an easy target then.

Me too. They are big softies, that murder hornets. That is the best part.

I fuck always up I know he's an easy target then. It's just that the difficulty is unproportionally high on that boss. Every other boss before was a cakewalk.

Yeah, he was a bitch the first time, but by the time I got to him on playthrough 2 he was cake.

oh well I just killed him on the first try. Maybe I was just too tired yesterday

Yeah that has been something that could work wonders and make for a beautiful yet terrifying world.

>got turned around and played a section over cause i didn't know death means nothing there

What a pussy.
I make girls fall in love for me out of pure sadism, and if something happens in beyw and we have to cease contact i never give half of a shit.
Truth is by doing this i started to see between all the bullshit girls will say to you, all the lies and deceit, to appear pure or just to distance themselves from you when they don't like you.
For every heartbroken girl there are 5 males with a similar fate.

IH
EL

except with cock

inb4 she got together with another man after the first few weeks

It's very good. The core combat is a little too simple for its own good, especially for a game which takes 30-40hr to 100% unless you use a guide (dialogue with certain NPCs counts, but not the hidden boss battles, which would have absolutely fucked me if I hadn't researched it). Once you hit 6 health points, it's very difficult to die unless you're truly awful at video games and most of the "challenge," especially in areas like the Fool's Colosseum, comes from memorizing enemy patterns and putting charged attacks in their path before they have a chance to spawn and attack you. There were also some random performance issues, but apparently those have been patched out.

Of course, everything outside the core gameplay is excellent. The art is cute and spooky, but still cohesive. The level design is very strong and the different areas also fit together in interesting ways. I first discovered the Deepnest by falling into it from above, and the feeling of raw panic as the level scrolled by me was something I haven't felt in a long time from a video game. The game is full of stuff like that if you'll allow it to be, rather than approaching it with the "well, you'd better entertain me" mindset. Even the storytelling (which is mostly told through NPC dialogue and some hidden dialogue once you're able to read people's minds) gives the impression of a world that existed long before your character arrived and could continue to exist long after he died. It's truly cohesive and the developers deserve a lot of credit for realizing a world so thoroughly. There's so little bullshit to get in the way of the experience that, if you'll pardon the intellectualism, I felt like I was drinking from a lake of wine every time I played it.

This may sound a little odd, but the game's main draw is how fun it is getting lost and exploring. You can go for hours without encountering a single NPC or line of dialogue, and that kind of freedom is refreshing - especially considering the game doesn't mark things on your map by default, so you actually have to pay attention to your surroundings.

The OST is godlike, too. Overall I heavily recommend the game, but you won't be disappointed if you try to pirate it.

STOP
YOU POSTED THIS IN THE THREAD ABOUT INDIE GAMES AND IT WAS JUST AS CANCEROUS THERE
PLAY OTHER GAMES
STOP

Fool's Colosseum, while an interesting idea, went on way too long given the game's shallow combat. By the end of it, a failed run took me close to 10 minutes and I was more committed to memorizing the spawn sequences than interacting with the enemies. I really liked White Palace in spite of the poor controls, though. The challenge came more from finding the sequence of jumps and dashes than twitch jumping.
you did change all your charms so you had like 18 blue masks, right? you didn't make the game harder than it had to be because you didn't understand how to optimize charms, right?

Zote is just a comic foil. Also, I don't think the Abyss is the innards of the Wyrm, since it doesn't make geographical sense. The Wrym is east of Kingdom's Edge, and the Abyss is way underneath the Ancient Basin.

I think part of the problem with the gameplay is having only one weapon with slight variations of it.
However i wouldn't even know how to fix that myself and you still gotta be impressed to learn that the game was developed by three dudes alone.
Do buy the game and prove to AAA devs how a good game is always better than a graphically impressive game.

It matches the atmosphere well, and works well while you're playing it. Very little of it is memorable enough to make it onto a playlist outside of the game though.

Is the graveyard a "tier reward" in the game's kickstarter?

I think something as simple as light and heavy attack buttons would help, as would making the overall movement and kinesthetics more snappy and responsive (the jump arc is pretty awful, and jumping is so slow you can be hit on the way up if you're too close to a charging enemy). The dream nail could have been the heavy attack to the nail's light, but it's so unbearably slow it's impractical without wasting a charm slot, and it doesn't even inflict any damage. The nail arts are also comically bad due to how long they must charge, which is odd considering I don't know how you're supposed to beat the Fool's Colosseum without them.
Also why the fuck didn't you fight Tizoc? I was so disappointed when I discovered he fell to his death.

I get the devs wanted everything to be simple so you weren't overwhelmed when you inevitably got lost in the game's world, but it errs far too heavily on the side of simplicity. The kind of bobbing, weaving, nickel-and-diming gameplay they want to encourage is also poor given how lacklustre your horizontal movement options are.

Really? I can still remember a bunch of the tracks off the top of my head. I just wish embed related was on the OST track listing.

Yes, as were the ghosts and fallen warriors. Apparently there's a Hornet-themed update sometime in the near future, so we'll see what that means.

Not really, this game tricked me more than once in trying to keep my health bar full during hard fights, eventually though I learned that an aggressive playstyle is actually less dangerous than a defensive one.
A good example is that mouth bug that spits left and right and stays in the middle, slashing if you get too close and occasionally jumps around.
My first tries ended with me dying over and over because I kept trying to heal, eventually I just went dick out and looked to gut the fucker and succeeded.

Attack > Defense, healing mid fight is just not viable.
Which I actually appreciate, reminds me of old type tabletop games where healing was a way to recover after a fight and not in the middle of it.

That's what I mean. Once you get to 6 health points, almost no enemies legitimately pose the threat of killing you from full health in a single encounter.

To each his own I suppose. I think I just tend to prefer more "powerful" melodies, like you might hear in a Rockman or AJD title.

This is why Quick Focus exists and costs 3 / 800g. It lets you heal when you otherwise couldn't and if you use it when a healing opportunity presents itself, you can heal twice. Baldur Shell lets you attempt riskier heals and can let you sponge a hit if you get good timing. Stalwart Defender still gives you extra invincibility time with the shell too. Shape of Uun is too lategame to be worth it, but can let you avoid stray bullets when healing.

Prove to me HK isn't inspired by Dark souls. Im waiting

"1:1 rip" seems rather different than "inspired by".

It's literally 2D Dark Souls.

Shape of Unn with Quick Focus moves really fast and is actually really good.

Try the mushroom charm with the mantis lords

never played in dark souls but story remind me book "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH" where genetically modified animals get a human intellect.

Where are you from to have that broken english?

Have another.

Russia

Prove to me it is, faggot. Some of us are capable of experience games without having to connect them to 2011's greatest meme.

>Bonfires Benches act as a checkpoint, heal you, and reset enemies
>Either kindle the flame absorb the corruption and repeat the cycle or extinguish the flame destroy the corruption and break the cycle
>Even has a Simple Key, which is used to get to places early access the Waterways

Nope, completely different

And I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a meme.

It's a great game. A lot of indieshit games say LE DARKSOULS INPSIRED xDD and miss the point. This manages to actually do the thing

Shape of Unn, Quick Focus, Fragile Strength is how I cut through Steel Soul fearlessly.

ajj blyat
more yoba?

Dark Souls did not invent any of these things. It could be ripping off Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for all I know.
This is a fair enough point, but given that there's a pretty clear good and bad ending, it's reminds me more of the regular/secret ending dichotomy you see in many games rather than the two flavours of awful in DaS. Furthemore, the Radiance wants to change the status quo by enslaving everyone, not preserve it like Gwyn.
Hollow Knight's combat is not strategic. You have to pick and choose your spots since you're smaller and nimbler than many enemies, but Souls series's strategic combat is derived from evenly matching the player and enemies. The vessel's attacks also don't have any commitment at all, what the fuck are you smoking.
Dark Souls did not invent this.
This is a fair point.
Are you comparing it to the key you can start the game with in DaS? There are a grand total of three locks in Hollow Knight; it's a woefully underutilized mechanic. DaS gives you like eight different starting bosses if you use the key.
Dubious at best, really.

>the Radiance wants to change the status quo by enslaving everyone, not preserve it like Gwyn.
Technically it wants to restore the status quo to what it was before the Wyrm came along and tore everyone away from the Radiance

you tried to refute his points but your whole post comes to "yeah I agree it's like dark souls"?
I don't get it.

I'm not saying Dark Souls invented any of that.

So it's strategic?

I know just what this thread needs.

Hornet is unattainable emotionless girl.

Iselda is the only bug waifu for me. Bored and lonely housewife insect with a BOMB abdomen? Sign me up.

gib manet plox

GIB MANNET

Most hornets are not cunts as whole world would expect, they are deadly but they are kind off mind your own business, but the true faggots are the wasp, motherfuckers sting you for no reason, if I could, I would rape every wasps wife in front of their eyes, but I can't, but we can always design a genetically modelled insect for raping wasps, like how green wasp raped the cockroaches with her sting and impregnated it to survive, oh well.

It's four AM

If I did not know better I'd argue, but then again, same treatment is not right for every girl, yet if anything I can only respect, that you pull it off.

It's more like soulsbourne metroidvania, I know the name sounds cheesy and dumb but this sums it up perfectly.

Wouldn't the charm that regenerates one mask be better? Sure you have to wait 10 seconds after a failed jump, but otherwise you can't really die in the platforming sections

The ONLY thing souls-like about it is what happens when you die. Otherwise it's pure 100% metroidvania. I'd say leaning closer to castlevania because of the melee focus. Of course the platforming is a bit more like megaman X with the dash/wallclimb focus

Go Hiveblood, Deep Focus and Grubsong for White Palace. By the time you take two hits, Grubsong will give you enough soul to heal once. Deep Focus makes that heal worth the two hits you took.
Hiveblood if you have the patience to wait 10 seconds everytime you get hit.

Also, you can Dream Nail the bugs to recover Soul.

Yep. I'm at white palace right now. Not bothering with deep focus myself. Instead I'm using long nail in order to make pogoing easier. Also dashmaster, hasn't been necessary yet but it could make some timing/speed sections easier. Pogoing on sawblades allows you to shortcut a LOT of the palace.

correction, I just finished white palace. Took maybe an hour tops.

Imagine a world where moths were the size of cats, lived for 10+ years, and didn't have a larval stage.

*3*

Point noted.

And a deadbeat husband to boot.

Bumping and also

It's still a good game even if people are faggots about it

Sure am glad I pirated this shit first. I'm not sure if it's just summer and the fact that I have no AC in my house, but this shit overheats my SSD and CPU.

Also, is it just poorly optimized as fuck or something? This shit's one level above flash tier and shouldn't even come close to overheating anything despite the heat.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, there's no reason it should be as resource heavy as it seems to be. Hell, I see no reason this shouldn't run on a 3DS.

It usually eats 1.8 gb ram and 25% (one core) of my cpu.

I'd wager its from all the hand drawn sprites and the background filters. Amusingly the menu cursor disappears if you press esc and navigate it too fast because of said resource loading

Is the dev aiming to do further updates? I bought the game for my toaster laptop and was stunned to see it chugging and overheating.

Game looks amazing and plays amazing (when not slowing down). I'd love to play it properly.

As it is I stopped about 30 mins in. I know that a solid 30 hours awaits me.

It runs just fine on my laptop. But a fucking 2D sprite game should not be causing overheating.
Intel Core i5 @ 2.30GHz hit 88°C and it should be kept below 80.
SAMSUNG MZNLF128HCHP-00000 hit 63°C and should be kept below 55.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/1354868867714951369/

I dunno maybe you can do something they said here to tinker with settings? You could probably run it in a lower resolution just fine

Really? That doesn't seem like much more than a regular shitpost to me

Good for you pal but how does that help me?

Looks like an actual weeaboo vol got asshurt for being associated with goons.

It shouldn't. I was continuing my overheating complaint.

whole threads will get deleted because fags here get triggered so hard at games they don't like you could mistake this site for a right wing tumblr

Maybe it's because it's pretty low-effort.

Sure why not?

There's been a recent fad of Goons trying to shift the board to hating Japanese things by associating it with themselves. Mods might actually be doing their jobs by getting rid of people who only come here to do that.

May I ask, what are exactly goons user?

Goon spotted.

Liking the hornet is not a huge issue to me, I mean she is cool, she is going to win lots of hearts, it's a given, I guess I was just making the old meme, that if you've multiple wafiu you have no laifu, yes the game is great even if people are fags about it.

No I was genuinely asking user, like you can guess I'm newfag, lurking did not help me.

user, stop joking around, that's scary.

Should I call you a fucking beast among the cock suckers or should I call you the man with culture, I see why you like SATS but why do you think that makes hollow knight a bad game? Both are pretty great games in their place.

That being said, your autism aside, the game SATS is great, while it was not as smooth as hollow knight, but considering the sources and budget they had, not to mention man power, they did a great job.

Oh…oh my.

CDs are already obsolete. Software boxes largely only have game codes. The only reason people still know them are because >consoles. Give it 6 years, and underage faggots will be nostalgic about CDs

What kind of third world country do you live in?

Is there any way to improve the framerate?
I want do downgrade the graphics so I don't have to play in a 150x150 window

Why do people hate the white palace?

People talked it up so I was expecting hell, but there was nothing unreasonable in there. It felt like a natural evolution from the Queen's Gardens which was also filled with jumpy spike crap.

It was actually one of the funner areas of the game for me, I got to the end always waiting for the hard part to come, then "Wait, that's it?" I wanted another few floors. Ah well.

To be fair I did the hiveblood+grubsong+deep focus crap, but I think I would've been fine with just one of the three, really. I guess it's great for taking off some of the stress and staying comfy though.

Canada

I want to fuck that hornet