Ss13 MICE ALIVE THEY'RE MICE ALIVE edition

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns

You download the BYOND client byond.com/

Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.

byond://87.117.247.20:33447

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide

Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server.

>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!

Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29058
poal.me/oxe1r3
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/commit/2f5409655f5d8653bc26b3c3ac8c4b0518274301
banter.city/
totallysafe.website
totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city
volafile.org/get/a4YMuuMRAFd8/HELLOwave.opus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Call me when we have high enough population for Wizard rounds.

there's 11 on rn

Clear this is information noone would know by just using the Who verb but ok clearly its OOC information. :^)))

I like it.

Does it count if I posted it originally and I'm just make a DANK MEME REFERENCE to the last thread?

Sorry, I'm just really bored and annoyed at work and have almost no free time for vidyaysgames

alright so I got Riot, what's that hang out called?

fuck off chaos

new round

This is a warning towards anyone who codes for the server.
Test your code before you fucking push it.
Thank you.
It will take another 10 minutes for me to fuck around with the code until it works. Thanks.

Just tell us when the servers up cunt

*nuzzles up against you*

SERVER IS UP ==AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Why even bother at this time.

it's back up

europeans exist

Subhuman

While working on the Anonymous Code, I did notice there was a few mistakes with the mice code. I had to comment them out (but did not commit it it) before I could test my stuff.
what's a spook mouse? :^)

It all makes sense now…

Why is this game supposedly complicated or difficult to recreate or resource intensive? What's the gameplay mechanic that is complicated?

I don't want to dive in and deal with autists just to find out.

It was the American natives that purified our corrupted Eurocuck genes.

from what i hear- lots and lots and lots of variables and things for each and every object (think Dwarf Fortress amount of variables/things) combined with spaghetti code on a brand of modified C++ specifically only for this game

You're asking two different questions.
Mainly, the atmospheric simulation.
We're talking about the number of moles a gas has, the volume, thermal energy and pressure. mix in with others gases too.
Recently, the lightning and electrical stuff also make it failry resource-intensive.
If you were asking why hasn't anyone made a remake, I'd say this two are the main obstacles.

Pretty much, the HuD takes time adjusting too.

And the niggers you got from Africa? Is that your final step in your metamorphosis? :^)

It's closer to python actually.
explains why it's never finished :^)

Also I'm sure the network host is pretty expensive too. For some reason everything is pushed from the server (rather than calculated client side and verified per action on the server )

20 people on and you nuke a maxcap bomb? Enjoy hearing a distant boom and 5 mins of ungodly lag

That's what I hear, but that alone doesn't make anything resource intensive or complicated. It would make sense in DF because the map is technically infinite, so each property in a tile for example is multiplied by N number of times, and there's a lot of entities that use path finding and try to find things in the map and stuff.

Simulating gases and air would make sense, there's generally speaking not any easy way to do that kind of stuff even in grid based games.

the issue is the atmosphere simulation part of it every tile has a alot of variables

Hasn't been a problem for almost a year.
Version 510 fixed that. When that thing dropped, we tried blowing up 30 max-caps on the server. Went out without a hitch and lag-free.
Then an admin blew up a 200-200-200 bomb in the middle and server died, because there's still limites.

we /forced user/ now

It does make it complicated human-side when it comes to write code for that stuff.

Someone has to code multiple systems that interact with each other, the complexity rising exponentially since every single system has to interact with every other.
So you can't just makes ATMOS, it has to work with machines that use an eletrical framework. And then chemistry also uses said machines but also has to interact with ATMOS. And then people breathe, which is an entire biological system working alongside chemistry and ATMOS, etc.

Keep in mind that this is actually quite limited in fact and it's already a nightmare to replicate. Imagine if chemicals weren't just Units in containers but could also evaporate and becomes gases that ATMOS would have to process. Imagine if puddles on the ground weren't the pathetic code we have now but actually kept track of what's dropped in them?

Oh and you also have another issue here for coders: Object Oriented Programming.
Because every object in BYOND has a single code to describe it, everything must be tucked in a fuck huge inheritance tree that's a goddamn nightmare to replicate or even just make sense of. As far as the game is aware, paper is weapon, all so you can "attack" with it, for instance.
Compositioning isn't an option for BYOND, and while other engines could do it, it involves a paradigm shift that few people can be arsed to understand or even try.

Eh? Nah.

update then?

I guess I'll just install it alongside 510 since that works, I think, just know anything past like the last 510 release is kind of a mess.

Why don't people just install the latest version anyway? There's an update button right on the launcher that does everything for you anyway and the later versions have no problem whatsoever.

It can shit up and freeze, end up with that wonderful feature where the screen doesn't update no matter how many times to clear cache or reconnect. I think it's mainly a /vg/ problem, it could be something fucky with byond itself or something they missed that changed with byond. I'm no coderfag so I don't know specifics. Anyway, installing it alongside 510 worked fine.

The code is kinda nice, but the comunity sucks moderator dick harder than a whole gaybar.
Also, as nice as some of their features are, they did get stuck behind on some stuff. Especially the lag-free update of 510.
It goes fucky on their server (and only their server or others using a fork of them) because of it.

My dude, I am well aware. I have to take time off because I grow to hate them regularly. I don't think any SS13 community can keep the cancer at bay for long, it is as inevitable as dude bombs lmao.

Sounds more like the engine is retarded than that the game is complex.

For instance;
As far as I'm concerned nothing about these is anything unusual or advanced in terms of programming. Even if different gases have reactions when they collide, that still isn't that complicated. Optimizing air/gas flow in terms of performance seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Why did I sage you ask? I would like to know as well. Thanks for that info, I kind of figured it was a codebase specific problem, just haven't played anywhere else in forever because I 100% hate absolutely every other place and only tenuously associate myself with /vg/ still. I wonder if that old /tg/ admin that hates furfags is ever going to get a new station going. I recall some talk of them starting a new fork of /tg/ or something, who knows.

As far as I know if you haven't been banned form /vg/station for posting Loli in their discord while their angry newfags reported you, you're not even worth the salt.

Just so you know, the general hates you all equally.

See, most games nowdays spend most of their resources on shit like nice lightning, MEGATEXTURES and other pointless shit like that.
You can make a game without these and a complex simulation behind it (SS13)
You can make a game with these things and without the complex simulation (most AAA games).
Or you could make a game with both, the problem being it starts stretching the limits of hardware. This is not to imply a game can't have both, but it pushes the needed hardware to a 800$ or 900$ machine and that severely cuts the market you have available.
Overwatch for instance got pretty popular because it runs on toasters.

So I tested out how drying and smoking various mushrooms goes with various high potency mushrooms. Some are just nutrition but for the drug related ones you will die before the hallucinations kick in. I think i'll stick to ambrosia and it's mutations when I grow drugs. Maybe if you have a chemist to assist you in extracting the fun shit from the awful shit it would be more worth it.
Tomato mutations, high potency ambrosia and tower caps are still the best way to get griff tools and loads of botony bucks to make monkey cubes.

protip: There's a blender\juicer you can use to extract stuff from objects. Then you have a A machine used to isolate chemicals into bottles, often used to make condiments.
However you can use it to isolate the drugs out of the bad shit (or the bad shit away from the drugs if you wanna be an asshole).

I completely forgot about the blender, I'll test that next to see how much pure hallucinogen you can put inside your body before you die. Botany gets access to syringes so as long as you can separate it in liquid form it's still viable. But ambrosia is still best for drying and then smoking.

Just me on or what?

Depends on the hallucigenic (server code).
Space drugs only cause hallucination, kinda make it hard to move on *some* codebases, otherwise it's just visual.
Mindbreaker is a whole other story.
I sucessfully consumed 1000u of Mindbreaker once. After 10 minutes, I had 30 diferent hallucinations beating me. 15 minutes later, I had 50.
After trying it and noticing that you pretty much remove yourself out of the round when you do this, I tried sec officer with a new method: brigging people inside their own mind.
It's pretty fun:
you can summarize it with:
and then just convert penalities.
500u are enough to permabrig someone.
remember that this is a rough estimate. Actually, the hallucination progresses in an exponential manner. The more you inject the harsher the effects.

Well under this server the drug inside the shrooms is called 'hallucinogen' so i'm not sure if it's more like space drugs or mindbreaker. Noticed this when I was using the plant analyzer to check potency.
Mindbreaker toxin is fun, but won't it outright kill someone if you don't separate the toxin part from it?

What are some good PRs we'd want to port?
So far, I have github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29058 which would be nice while we don't have medbay

Type "who".
Just make sure not to reveal the who list to other people it might be meta information!

is that you riley?

I'm sorry, who?

GET THE FUCK ON THE SERBER, I WANNA PLAY SOME 2D SPESSMEN

What? No it doesn't

WTF why and who thought that was a good change?

You cishetwhit(whit means white), don't you realize "who" is a tool of oppression used by the bourgueoise to determine the current antag type? Refer to the last thread.

What the fuck is this bullshit. Change it back

VOTING FOR FORCED ANONYMOUS CKEYS

VOTING FOR FORCED ANONYMOUS CKEYS
poal.me/oxe1r3

Try and explain why it's bad with a post on an anonymous imageboard with only ID's to indentify you and everyone else.
:^)

Welcome to the Holla Forums server! Everyone here is anonymous. If you get a cravin for some OOC drama about the local e-celeb, why not try out TG or /vg/?

It was wolfspider/chaosyourgod that was pushing that shit hard on the last two serbs and now that he's in charge he's gonna make sure nobody can pin his usual bullshit on him.
Keikaku-fuckin'-doori

I see 4 votes against on the poal, but it's tied as of yet.
Really would like to see any of those 4 voters to try and convince anyone of their opinion.

The bigger question is why do we need this change?
Holla Forums requires anonymity to encourage discussion based on ideas, not people.
However, SS13 has a different kind of community discussion. As opposed to Holla Forums, ss13 has all of its users in one place, rather than spread across different boards, so one is still able to follow discussion as much as does between linked replies. The only difference is that byond has an antiquated messaging system (without direct replies), so one cannot simply flick back through the reply chain and follow a discussion. With visually similar names, this becomes awkward and frustrating.
Furthermore, we must ask what forcing anonymous Ckeys accomplishes. Of course, there is the benefit of no more ooc drama. However, I'm pretty sure that we'd find a way around that.
Beyond this, however, I cannot see any other pros.
Metagaming would still happen, as metafags wouldn't be using OOC anyway.
If attentionwhores want to attentionwhore, they will find another way. Perhaps a costume that is quick and easy to collect that stands out. Fuck they might even just say their name and be done with it.
Fuck, even the most rulefag meta-punishing servers don't have forced anonymous ooc.

In conclusion - Forced anonymous OOC doesn't really change anything. Drama will happen regardless. Meta will happen regardless. You can't stop it. All this does is make community discussion more difficult.

That enough convincing, faggot?

Is the anonymous ckey change because I was shitposting about /who last thread?

And the jew reveals itself.

I gotta a great idea: instead of pondering phylosophically about it for days like some greek boy-fucker, we actually turn it on, play a dozen or so rounds and see how it goes.
Phylosophy got replaced by the scientific method for a reason: the latter produces answer, the first produces questions.

what it keeps from happening is discord-like friend circlejerks
i want to play spessman not form social bonds & have to deal with friend drama. fuck, you guys already knew each others' names well and i'd rather be able to chat with 'random' people each game instead of everyone having prejudices towards each other immediatly

There's only so many Honkette fire safety memes to go around user

No really. It's more an attempt to craft a silver bullet to finnaly kill drama on the thread, keep it about greentext stories instead of "This ckey is a faggit" x30 and hopefully attract more players.
It's mostly a temporary fix. If the shitposting autists are willing to do something, they'll still find a way. It's kinda like the race between virus and anti-virus, or DRM vs pirates.

Because of the fate that fell upon every single sever ever started on Holla Forums. It's history is enough of a reason for anyone that can remenber the many times stations fell to pure drama.

And any server sprawn from this community will require anonymity to encourage playing and talking about IC things instead of OOC things. It's the very same idea here.

They are a mistake in the game, especially for an anonymous community. They do nothing to help any kind of discussion in OOC and they don't influence IC behaviour at all, or they shouldn't in principle and we know how that goes.

CKeys should never be a factor in anything related to playing the game, arguing or discussing with someone in OOC where you refer to him as user#567 has no difference than him being Cock_Mongler.
The only real difference is permanence of "fame" across rounds, carried by your personna, but SS13 is not designed around permanence between rounds at all in IC and neither is Holla Forums with ID's fading when a thread ends.

Then it isn't a problem if it stays.

About IC stuff, which is good. It won't be anymore about OOC personalities.
This is actually even better for discussion, since instead of attaching some boogeyman to the discussion to pretend there's a strong argument there, actual examples of bad shit will have to be present.
Identity will stop being a topic in any discussion, only actions and words will matter.

That's what bans are for. :^)

If you want to talk about someone in specific, yes. Otherwise, not really. And you're not on SA or on TG so this shouldn't be a problem.

Not by a long shot.

Been playing since Nel's serb, its nice to talk with people i've played 100s of hours with, don't be such an autist.

No matter how many technical implementations you try, it is impossible to bypass and spoof every single one. Just look at sandboxing a game client, for example.

The only guaranteed way is to have a private whitelist server, but that'd kill any interest in the game (incidentally, social engineering is usually the weakest part in any gatekeeping system)

Post your discord name :^)

don't use it but my ckey is proudjuden

I'm in the same boat nig.
I miss nel. Wish he'd come play with us some time.

Eh, don't remember that ckey. Did you stop playing for a while or something?
Also: I think Holla Forums still has a mumble server. It used to have a bunch of people alt+tabbing from SS13 to some MMO. Pretty sure some of them still hang there, I think.

that's the point lad
i'm relatively-ish new to the scene, and you fags already have bonds and friends that you know. this means that, naturally, you're gonna want to stick with your friends or chat with your friends while i am stuck alone in the chemistry lab bored and lonely. when everyone's anonymous, i have an equal chance at the start of a round to make a friend or hang with someone as you do.

I was thinking about the Syndie's Telecrystal thing and I suddenly hit open something,
Why doesn't any in-game job get something similar? For example, the HoS would get one "Bluespace Crystal" to spend on either his 3-mode gun or something new instead of always having that gun roundstart. He could order those items much like a syndicate traitor can through PDA.

Totally legit :^)

whens the last time he has even been around? he showed up at first pizza once a while but never again.

I just realized we can't authenticate ourselves in the server when it comes to feature requests because its anonymous now.
Now the github metaclub reigns supreme.

whats your ckey?

I recall briefly trying the Bay12 server and getting bad vibes all the time there for the same reason.
Everytime talked in OOC like they knew each other from infancy or something, so the odds that I could end up doing cool things with any of them was pretty low.

Kinda got the idea that they also knew very well who everyone was IC as well and then I went to see their forums, where a lot of players had their IC characters in the signature part of their posts, so yeah…

Talking in a Discord\Mumble channel outside of the game and shitposting verbally with known friends is fine and fun, but it can kinda ruin a game where there's far more than just you and your friends if it makes your group kinda autistic to everyone else.

There's an idea. But most of the station's jobs don't have that much variety in gear to make a selection and they kinda need everything they begin with anyway.
Besides, the HoS has an armory if he wants another gun and more from Cargo.

Shouldn't matter.
If you can code it yourself, you can just make a merge request from your fork.
If you can't, you can always open an Issue on the github or discuss it in the thread and ask for someone else to code it for you.
If anything, the "github metaclub" stops "reigning supreme" since it still has usernames for you to follow and see who codes what.

You won't like it. :^)

give me your best shot senpai :)

If you think you can handle the truth…
yourmomsucksdicks
As likely to be true as your ckey being proudjuden :^) (^:
What's next? a/s/l on a chan?

Hm, I was thinking.
Is there any way to "demote" an AI? You can't kill them because they're fellow players, but I experienced that you sometimes get a shitter AI that skirts juuuust on the edge of their law restrictions like intentionally slowing down requests(What is that, bolt all doors? let me announce I am slowly bolting down all doors. Also, nobody said otherwise, so I left the Armory door bolted, might cause human harm anyways. Also…) or other horseshit.
I legitimately have no idea why AI grief isn't more popular, crewmembers can't DO anything about it.

I can vouch for poudjuden being a real Ckey
I remember him from way back
SpaghettiScience here

damn man where have you been? also its proudjew in case some takes proudjuden literally.

i wish i took another ckey since my name was a meme from the start

Technically, Captain and RD can "demote" the AI by installing more laws or just card it. Dunno if there's an operation to remove the brain and put it into a borg, but that should be done.

Oh, you I remember.
Allright, I'm Koriath

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS

my graphics card on my toaster died and I've been too poor to get a new one. One I got can't even run ss13's lighting engine. It's got 128mb!

Summer takes a terrible toll on computers, man.
Make sure to stick icecubes on top of your motherboard to keep it cool.
Add some blue leds, and you're golden.

jesus lad, i feel for you if you cannot get a toaster to run ss13. hope your luck changes.

got money coming in soon. gonna buy a lappy for uni. that should be able to run ss13 easy.

i think calling that an electronic is an overstatement
'rock' or 'inert pile of rancid shit' would be more fitting

might as well take the opportunity since performance has been mentioned
does everyone else have the same pause times like in mp4 related? is it just a code / engine problem?

pretty sure that's just byond being an antiquated piece of shit.

Nope. Doesn't happen to me. Have you updated BYOND? Or Internet Explorer Edge?

Can anyone actually see chairs rotate when ghosts move them?

Yes. I was sufficiently spooked by one chair watching me while another spun in circles.

No one ever responded or asked who I was when I did it :^(

You didn't put on the mask.

Also, I sucessfully accomplish the Meatway.
Even the borgs liked it.
Pretty great, too bad the chef went braindead, I gave him the perfect meat delivery system.

This is what Spess should be all about.
Long roads of pizza you can ride along with a pipe in your mouth.

People can see them and most players know very well it's ghosts.
However, communication with them is forbidden as that's VERY easy to abuse.

Creative uses involve rotating chairs pointing to your corpse or someone in the room that is responsible for your death. Also rotate left or once for "Yes" and right or twice for "No" for simple Oija.
Technically this shouldn't be a problem if some ghosts fucked with people and fed them wrong info, but since that's pretty rare (because why would anyone lie online?), it's often meta knowldge that's passed.

/tg/ solved this easily by their standard solution: remove that option. It's rather better if people don't do that shit so we can still spook the living.

That's insane.

Sorry. I had to cook actual food to feed my real self in real life. And now I have to AFK in real life in bed.
If only living were as easy as it is in video games. I'm sure the pizza carousel is grand.

Good job on the Meat carousel.

Hey user

What processor, RAM, storage, and graphics card do you have in that box? Are you on XP?
I'm surprised any anons still have such garbage specs in this day and age, but I've always tried to keep my /agdg/ projects small and light for people like you not that I've come remotely close to finishing a game

Nigger, a current gen card that can run absolutely everything is about 150$. How can you be this poor?

are you in talks with any of the other coders? your brother said that you guys all talk on some vc but anyways I wanted to ask you guys if you'd all consider coming back? I understand if you lot don't want to do any more then just shitpost in the thread and it's understandable if you peeps don't like me as a person but I can say that I'm trying my best to keep this serb good and so far, even if I do say so my self, I think it's been achieved, though not by me but by the current people we have working on the server, so if you could do me a huge favor and ask zears and who'ever else is with you please?

I 100% refuse to ever touch github.

Add more laws, or better still, remove and turn it in to a pAI.
I'm not completely certain that last one's an option, though.

AI grief isn't popular because AI is 'complicated'.
Read as: Newfag casual cucks have trouble figuring out the piss-easy controls.
To be fair, it is complicated, as far as wanton murder is concerned. I prefer overpressurization combined with timely beepsky stunlocks.

That was ProudJew, not ProudJuden, I am fairly sure.

ok niggers im sold. just follow the wiki "learning exercises" and ill be good right?

more or less but once you actually experience and get used to doing things that's when the real learning begins

The most robust way to play is to use WASD to move around, because you have fast access to 1-4 for different intents, X to swap, as well as E and D for dropping and whatever hotkeys and shit they use

A toolbox is helpful to help you hack a door. You only need screwdrivers, crowbar, and wirecutters, though a multitool and gloves can help make it untraceable or safer (eg, if you cut the wrong wire). You can play with other machines or disassemble them, too. Given time, you can deconstruct walls, too (which needs a welder, and a mask unless you want to go blind).

I've cut or pulsed wires and re-enabled them and gotten a shock, and I swear it changes the function of the wire colors sometimes, can someone confirm that?

in the shuttle now, thanks

Just an addendum to that- if you hit a bad wire and get electrocuted, there's a 30~sec cooldown afterwards where you'll be shocked by doing anything in the panel peroid

It's like you never ever had fun.

Fortunately I'm able to borrow PCs to play spessmen, but pic related are MY specs.

I'm a student

I was still trying to figure out how to pick up the pen and someone recruited me to a gang and shoved some spray paint into my hands. After taking the top of it on and off again 20 times I finally figured out how to tag things. Some shenanigans ensue, i figure a few things out, and then Officer AMERICA (im guessing security?) came in and absolutely mowed me down.

I think ill like this.

Oh yes, and what resolution is that? 1024x768?

Just wait until you're robust enough to escape from permabrig with only your shoes and the objects that spawn there

Disregard, I see it's listed at 1280x1024

NEW ROUNDO

No it was some death squad antags

>managed to convert wizard but he was a shitter so gang eliminated him

Fuck you, all I wanted to do was cook ratburgers and you faggots just couldn't leave me be.

so I just tested shit out, we have dindu nuffins, just the recipe isn't on the wiki

Shouldn't it be muffin?

seems like it's not

github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/commit/2f5409655f5d8653bc26b3c3ac8c4b0518274301

>Where I see German across the lake whom shoots me in the eyes killing me

>Suddenly Round-About starts playing
>Pick Related shows up just before server freezes for restart.

What is that supposed to be?

jojo meme

u2

but it is!

Not the meme silly, the green text.

green text is what's used to easily describe an event

Are you guys talking about a jojo reference?

Oh right, I forgot about that.
After I get back today from work, I'll try to get you in touch with them.

Oh hey, I remember coding that.
You'll need Purple Drank, it's a chem that makes you speak in ebonics.
If the recipe for that isn't in the code, someone should go find it again.

I would appreciate it very much if you would thank you

it's in, it's also not on the wiki though

i am impressed with our pop considering it should be dead hours

15 people is the highest we've ever been yet

Oh, I've never tried to make a table that big. Is that actually possible?

you can make them as big as you like

The better to table you with, dear.

I see.
This is useful information. Thank you.

LMAO

Whoever you are, I still remember this. This little fuck has gone all the way to f-list at this point.

well I did tell him to go to citadel kek

You think I'm joking, but he did exactly that and beyond.

And BYOND

so why do you know this?

wew tbh

neat game.
robotist best boi

new round tbh

Fake news.

Thank you, AIDF. Truly you are my greatest ally.

Anonymous OOC isn't as bad as I expected.
It's still shitty, but I do prefer it to the standard lot.
Still, I miss being able to bully pubbies.

Also:

It is time to play some classical spessmen.
Also, avoid using Discord at all. This shit brings me PTSDrama.

I essentially do this every time a new server pops up around here to avoid drama and to keep from achieving the eternal meta status. Anonymous code works pretty well in this regard.

pathetic

OP, change the OP to have less spaces. It's an eye sore with that much white space.
Coming online to bully nerds now, but it's probably dead.

The damn faggots still say the same dumb shit errytime, it's almost like they tripfag with #imagayfaggotfuckme.
In fact, since they are anonymous now, you might even see an increase in pubbie shit for you to bully.

I haven't tested this yet, but the way Anonymous Code works, it gives a Client a fake key everytime it's created. I'm unaware if the client data is kept even if you disconnect or if the Client object is deleted, but if it's the second you get a new ID everytime you disconnect (which might mean every new round sees a new ID).
If anyone can keep tabs or test this, it'd be bretty gud.

Also for the Admins, the Stealth mode from before gives you a fake key of your choice and displays it as a regular player in other servers. With this code, I'm not sure what happens and if you show up with "user#456" or with the fake key you chose until you turn it off.
You might want to test it as well, since it can kinda ruin the point of stealth but it can also be used for shenaningans I guess.

(checked)
You are, good sire,
ASCENDED

have both versions becuase idk which suits better

Playing last night, there was someone asking for "DJ priviledge" to pass MIDI music and similar stuff for the server but AFAIK, that's not even a thing. The verb for that is exclusive to admins.

I was thinking about making it available for everyone but that's quite open for abuse, so I was wondering if there's a better way to go about this.
Perhaps every player can pass a single file (with some sanity checks to avoid hour long files) and only when no file is playing (which might be a bitch to track).
The number of files you can upload would reset every round or perhaps after 3 other anons uploaded one of their own as well.
Course, this means that a single user can't be master DJ without the contribution of other 3 anons…

I don't want to implement any kind of voting system either, that's just another Karma System to be exploited, and while permanent "DJ rights" could be created, giving them out would be a bit harder since an admin would have to agree with it.

Toss ideas, faggots. How do you want to shitpost melodically?

How about giving us a station music radio machine, what lets us play MIDI tracks, and anyone can hear it so long as they are in a certain radius of a radio tuned to that frequency?

Might be too complicated, though.

it is a thing but he gets put on the admin list with only the ability to do so and it requires a compile to do so and we're against doing that till we get some more stuff done tbh

Overall it was rather boring and easy but ended up making a changling mage clown with a good virus so there's that.

Would it not be better to give players a verb that allows them to send mixtape.moe links and the song name and it to message online admins?

Well, admins can simply give someone a MIDI rank, as I'm fairly sure the ability to change a rank mid-round is possible, since Deadmin exists.
It definitely shouldn't be given to everyone, nor should it be a vote/karma system.

Something to keep in mind is that MIDIs lag everyone. They're small files, but BYOND is a mess and it will shit up the server, so having a constantly operating MIDI system will cause lag every time there's a change over.

There's something like this in some codebase for Youtube videos, might be worth to check it out.
I think there was even an attempt at porting it to Hatestation back then.

Eh. In any case, state what "more stuff" is then, might work on it instead.

Depends if it's compatible.
Requires admin intervention, which is a problem that I was trying to circunvent by giving everyone the chance to do the same, even if there's no admin online.
That's the only issue with any solution that involves admins, you're still dependant on one being online and trusting a random player.

No thank you reddit!

Solution for chaplin-ghost speak issue:
Ouigi board.
Ghosts can only select one letter at a time, so it's fairly slow, and worse still, some other asshole ghost can come in and start spamming other letters to fuck you up.
End result: Most of the time it's gibberish, and nobody has the patience to do anything long.

I know for certain there's area-of-effect music things like jukeboxes. So all you've got to do really is make it so that jukebox can accept MIDI files.
Which admittedly, might be an issue. No idea the programing shittery of Byond when it comes to uploading shit.

Also, make sure there's a goddamn limit on file size. I don't want to see no commie 'spacelagmkr.mp4' trash.

yes both the admins don't want to just compile when we've got players on, it kills the pop tbh

I suppose when the makeshift weapons are put in or something equal as that

I could have sworn that there's already an Ouija board codded into the game…

Aren't those already in? Assuming you mean the spears and what not? Should have come along with tablecrafting.

/vg/'s makeshift weapons

Convinient. Give that to the chaplin, and we've got those 'MAKE CHAPS HEAR DED PPL" faggots happy, while also leaving those yelling "INSTANT TATOR DISCOVERY NO FUN ALLOWED" appeased.

I am the law.

Christ, it's shit. There's indeed an Ouija board, titled "spirit board".
However, there's a cooldown between each letter of 30 ticks (+10 for the last ghost to give everyone a chance to input letters), it only works in light_level < 2, so dark as shit and it needs at least 3 people around the ouija board to work.

I mean… I get how this can be extremely meta for bigger servers filled with "muh green\redtext" but there's no reasons for this kind of stuff here.

PROPOSED CHANGE:
The ouija board gets a boost so it works by candlelight or less.
The cooldown drops to 20 ticks plus 10 for repeat ghosts.
Instead of a minimum amount of people, the more users you get the faster ghosts can answer, lowering the cooldown by 5 ticks per user past the first one.

These are simple tweaks that can be done, state your opinions on them.

I like having a soft requirement of more people, thats good.

I feel like giving roles more power is bad since its about the player's ability not the job role. Makes it feel class based. Eg the clown can misfire weapons and that sort of thing. However, what if the Chaplain counted as two even three people for the tick reduction? Or maybe some kind of held item does that?

The Null Rod. In case the chaplain dies.

Still working on those, by the way. I haven't abandoned the project, it's just going slowly.
The Hivehand's transformation, shooting, and hand-sticking are all done, I'm down to polishing it. After that comes all of the others, each of which are reliant on Gunsmithing, so I'll be implementing many of them at once.

Doubleposting just because I wanted to note that yes, the swords do rely on Gunsmithing.
/vg/ is a magical place.

IMO, both the Chaplain and the Librarian should count as 2 for that. Nearby items could also be used, that's trivial to include as well, problem is, what?
Off the top of by head, burning candles could reduce the cooldown by 1 each. Are there skulls we can use?

This is still a roleplaying game however. It's about the player ability to use the strengths of his character and overcome his weaknesses. Plenty of RPG games, even tabletop ones, do something similar without using classes to begin with, like Paranoia or GURPS.

The Null Rod exists to disrupt magical effects and creatures, it should do the oposite effect, IMO.

Those changes sound good.
The code specifically prevents braindead, non-players and restrained people from counting, so you need all 3 people to be alive and willing.

This will mean Sec will bumrush the Chaplain for murders, so perhaps a way to limit how many letters a Ckey can send per, say, 10 minute period so they can't instantly spell out a name/job whatever.

Also, this will require a stipulation in the rules about using it, as quickly spelling out "John" in 2 minutes will be unfair to John the Tator. Perhaps names and occupations are forgotton, but places and items aren't, so you can describe clothes and places, which take longer to spell and are more vague. Also, what would the ruling be on a random ghost going "Nukies at X" or using the AntagHUD? In fact, AntagHUD should disable use of the board.

Finally, change the name to Ouija Board.

NEW ROUND

Chaos, you wanted to find the vile den of villainy where Ye Ole Metaclub hides?
banter.city/
Anyone else is free to pop in and verbally shitpost too.

Give him the right link to our web gateway, it'll be easier:

totallysafe.website

Our General Discussion room is at:

totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city

if you want to know where to start.

Man, it took me this long to notice it.
that's a 10/10, looks legit.

I repeat, 8server is THE shitter server

Well at least the mods banned them for griefing, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's wrong with that? The Bag of Holding is a useful utility item.

Not when they're used to make a singulo

There's literally nothing wrong with that, though.
For example, if you needed to ghetto rig one in Engineering because a traitor made the last one disappear.

The item (and its availability) isn't a problem, it's the player. Next you'll say reinforced walls are bad because people might block a hallway

I mean in the fucking middle of science 4 hours into the round.

The traitor accomplished their objectives, they were late joiners, and everyone had all access. Station rules and integrity were out the window at that point.

Literally no different from adminbussing. Why is their judgment above the players, again?

Because Admins have access to events that are actually fun. Destroying 4 hours of work is not fun.

The difference is
1.you're mentally challenged
2.Admins can actually see if nothing is going on
3.Your idea of fun adminbus is to unleash a singularity on the station
Also bonus: 4.The guy on just came in roundstart and had no idea what was happening yet you tried to defend him despise having no idea the situation was

So are you going to explain how you're actually "really smurt" and able to run admin events, or are you going to sit down and go play another game like you should?

I haven't played in months, it's easy to say things in the thread and get people really hotheaded. I love you guys no homo

Have you ever tried running a tabletop RPG in which everyone is the DM/GM?
That'd be as stupid as the question you just asked, and for the exact same reasons.

no rush, no worry

thank you guys so very much

If no admins are on, then the admins can't ban him.
Always check if the admins are on via adminwho
And please do me the favour and use ahelp properly, being a faggot in deadchat never helps.

Every time

Wow fun

Please say all of this when the round has actually ended. Thanks.

It happened like an hour ago

I feel bad for you, I actually had to ditch the comfy derelict when you spotted me.

That could have only went one way. Do NOT debrain or permaharm antags if you have a choice to do otherwise, they can and will return the favor.

Well, I did pop a gas miner on the escape shuttle and immediately got bwoinked, even though the cult was about 50% of the remaining pop, so there's that

Ebin.

There's two kinds of cults:
The kind that immediately takes over the station because everyone else doesn't give a damn and there's no sec force, and the kind that immediately dies because some retard decides to make it blatantly obvious there's a cult by runing the halls.

I sacrificed the target within 10 minutes of round start. Sadly, someone turned him into a shade, and he hovered in the middle of the hall. Not even the cult's own fault.
Clown wasn't even caught with a book but he got murderborged anyway based off of some tenuous assumptions, from what I could tell. That was the biggest reason I decided to 'deal with' sec and higher staff.

that fucking pubbie screeching
then going around sucking dicks

I like how I was able to perfectly guess what happened despite not being in the round and hearing no more about it than

disgraceful

Like the roundstart detective screaming for help in security comms and then dying mysteriously after naming the clown and the mime?

I roleplayed my character. I am not a fighter.

Fucking disgraceful

ITS NOT WORKING LET ME IN FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

hurry up slowmo

FIX IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

works on my machine, maybe you shouldn't have pirated it

good goy

seriously stop this icky ocky shit till the round is over

I deleted my post as soon as I made it. Sorry

I don't know why, but whenever I glance at OP's image I see a kiwi.

I thought I fucked up, but

VINDICATION

Wait, so, what did he do exactly? And why?

He zero'd out the SMES to be a memer (or to help the Shadowling kill the lights) and didn't realize the sing was up.

Hello

Daily reminder that Virology is still broken code-wise and needs to be finished/fixed.

make an issue on the github or further explain in the thread please

Did you ever fix archive, by the way?

the admin is going to next round since he's pissed off

HELLO

If you have a problem at all, regarding learning, assistance in general, or another player, please use the ahelp, Thank you!
Reply PM from-/(Lucas Jenkins): i honestly hope you get gang raped get aids and die painfully
Admin PM to-/(Lucas Jenkins): Is that all?
Reply PM from-/(Lucas Jenkins): no you should still slit your wrist for being a HORRIBLE admin
Admin PM to-/(Lucas Jenkins): I do hope you realise that wishing and hoping isn't going to get you anywhere.
Admin PM to-/(Lucas Jenkins): Give me fucking aids and make me die painfully. Don't wait on other people to do it.

how about no

I made it, lads. Grab your copy of HELLOwave here: volafile.org/get/a4YMuuMRAFd8/HELLOwave.opus

I'll see about some album art eventually. I'm not much for art though.

If this doesn't end up as lobby music I will be sad

Well I tried

Looks good.

looks pretty nice actually

what the fuck happened to every post?

Looks fine to me. What do you mean?

nm Holla Forums went down and every post was gone till like the sixth post and as soon as I posted it's back, weird tbh

New round boiiiiissss

Is there any way to move within the disposal chutes?

I mean, I know you can get shoved into one, but the tubes for those seem way bigger than the air ducts that eg monkeys and xenos can squeeze through. Would it be difficult to make a creature that can "burrow" into the disposal pipes, manually move within then, and then pop out at any given chute?

Well code wise, probably.
But talking about GAME LORE, those disposal tunnels must be pretty fucking strong considering how fast crates and humans get shoved through it.

Incoming non-antag bombing

Old story:

Yes, it's called ventcrawling.
Alt+Click on a vent and you go in if you're a xeno, monkey or something small enough.

Jesus, how new are you?

>ask if it's possible to vent crawl through the disposal chutes
Jesus, how fucking dense are you?

>the disposal chutes seem way bigger than the air ducts that eg monkeys and xenos can squeeze through

Reread what I typed, user

WHAT IF YOU COULD GIVE KNIVES TO MONKEYS
AND THEN THEY'LL SEEK THE NEAREST MONKEY WITH A KNIFE AND START A FIGHT

Shit, my bad. I suck cocks.

Why cant you pick the AI role at mid-round? i want to babysit the station

If you ask the Robotics guy, he'll make the frame for you.
Then kill yourself before anyone else can get into a positronic brain or ask him to put you in a MMI to AI.

I mean jesus is this your first time as tator?

Please re-enable NTSL scripting for tcomms

TG disabled that shit because someone used it to upload a fucking bitcoin miner onto their server and ran it full tilt IIRC.

Are you FUCKING SERIOUS

That's hilarious

Beautiful.

Whoever did that is an absolute madman of the highest caliber.

Scripting is on the todo list.

Do you have a source for that? I'd like to make sure that can't happen again if that's true.

you can prevent it by rewriting NTSL since NTSL is an actual mainstream scripting language with a new name and I can't remember what, its not BYOND code.

>Be Chaplain for once, Space Islam Peaceful Religion

WOW SO MUCH FUN

Nice metagay

Actually, they walked in on you axing me, and probably assumed you were antag as fuck since I spent the better part of the round doing shit for the CMO and CE and the one time I did anything suspicious, it was written off as part of the lynch mob going after my target, the Chaplain. I popped fleshmend and got up, and somehow none of them picked up on my crit ass magically getting up, so whatever. I then axed you into crit. and dragged the mime to cloning to make myself look like a good guy, and axed his head off before the CMO made it to genetics with your body. I then stowed away the head and used the panic of sentient vending machines just one room over to pressure the CMO out of medbay.

Not everything that happens is metagaming. If it's any consolation, I would have axed the CMO and then pulled you out prematurely if she actually stopped to clone you.

I'll make an issue on github for it. If you manage to find a source or want to discuss the fate of NTSL then post there.

That is some next level griffing.

Define OOC knowledge.

What about a chef who knows how to do surgery and electrical work and science? There is a very slim chance such a person could exist, so there's obviously some leeway for that. But then;

"Server rules" are OOC knowledge. How would a "character" know they are or aren't doing something bad? You don't have to be an antagonist to kill someone in real life. You're a murderer, but it's not like you're a paid assassin. People kill each other and evade the police all the time, why should that be punished ingame?

Using shit you learned out of character about the round(Info learned when dead, in OOC chat, in the thread, etc.)
Spacing/locking up/destroying items just because they're traitor objectives(throwing all the head of staff suits into the singularity)

It's not expected to pretend that you don't know what a [current round type antagonist] is or pretend that you don't know how to do brain surgery as a janitor.

Other server rules exist and are typically expected to be followed because they can shitshatter any round if they're not followed(Outting an antag to your friend ruins the round, BoHing yourself in central primary ruins the round, etc.)
At least this is how it is on other low/norp servers. Not sure how fast & loose current hosts want to play it

What about using the WHO verb?

That's powergaming, not OOC knowledge. Both are frowned but not the same. You can rightfully claim that someone stole a head of staff suit because it was his traitor objective since characters KNOW what the traitor objectives are.
The first definition(Using shit you learned out of character about the round) is OOC knowledge though, yeah.

HOLY SHIT REPORTED

Not necessarily.

Do the command reports indicate it? Heads of staff have never communicated it down

They know
Wait for it
They know it the same way a chef knows how to do surgery

Every time.

I was the poor cargo technician who witnessed that. Thanks for shitting up my cargo area, faggot.

Oh yeah, fuck I forgot the best part of that greentext

I mean other than that, and dropping a few pieces of paper, I dindu nuffin wrong to your cargo area. There were guns, I grabbed them in self defense. Fucking Bartender

kek

The server needs public logs so we can report this shit after the fact.

hey, bro. open the server.
What could go wrong?

Metagaming is specifically using out of round sources for in round information. IE, Skype with your buddy to find the ling.
What you're talking about is extreme powergayming.

Eeeh, that's a bit gay in my personal opinion. We shouldn't "know" traitor objectives for non-restricted materials.
If someone robs the head of staff's jumpsuit, they should be treated as robbing the heads of staff jumpsuit.
Now, high-security restricted items, such as the station blueprints, advance mag boots, captain's laser, and so on, those are clear items. Especially in number.

Even so, if only one is stolen, the guy should be demoted and imprisoned for a significant amount of time, and maybe have his PDA 'lost', along with a large number of 'dangerous materials' [see: British police weapons searches].

Fucking hell that was a shitfest of a round.

server is back sorry for compile

Is that the round where I tried to play Chef and ran the fuck away from the engineer?

No it was just this last round. Didn't even have to chase anyone or see a chef.

I went BD in a pod about 2 hours ago because it was (((bedtime))). Oh well

What a goddamn round, fuck greyshirt metagays.

I should have let the beacon fuck up arrivals. You deserve that much.

it was fun

the NT offical dragged you out of the brig to be cloned without saying a damn thing despite you being publicly announced as the bomber. then I came round.

What's wrong with Gygax?

Its not as robust as the Durand in a straight-up fight and the Phazon beats it in terms of mobility.

also the one thing it only has is pretty useless as it can drain your power faster then a nigger on crack

It's a problem with mechs in general that they only get built to shit up the station, whether your a traitor or not. Security also can't stop robos from building them because they can't reasonably assume they'll go on a rampage till its too late.

Building unauthorized weapons is something they should be able to knock down doors for. Gygax/Durand/Phazons are combat mechs.

Listen up fags. If any of you want to help contribute to the server, but can't because you can't moderate, program, or artfag then I've got a deal for you. We need someone to keep the wiki up to date because we're very busy adding useless bullshit and we're shit at writing. We'll pass info on our new sparkling garbage changes onto you and you just have to write up a wiki page or modify one for these changes. It'd be a huge help for everyone. Just contact chaos or 8chhost like it says in the OP and we'll set something up.

Hah if sec came by and stopped me from making mechs they'd make an enemy for the entire round.

I'll have you know my rules page was professionally typed with no further issues.

mechs are a simple enough to deal with since sec gets an ion rifle at round start and if they get some emp nades it's even less of an issue

Cool

Dammit, i knew hiding in the hop office and heading home was a death sentence but did you really have to add insult to injury by not even bringing my body to the shuttle?

Congrats. You wanna write up the rest of the wiki pages, 8ch host?

Since when? Anyone who drinks something that is plainly hazardous isn't on the bartender's head. And if sec is giving you shit for it, its your robust duty to shit on them back.

Nigger I was planning to right after i get the database to work :^)
Talking about databases however
ADMIN LOG: 8chanserverhost/(8chanserverhost) is attempting to re-established the DB Connection
ADMIN LOG: Database connection failed: The operation completed successfully.
I'm going to fucking fucking knock someone out

But if you aren't the traitor and kill someone who isn't valid, the "authority" in this case becomes the admins

Why are you worrying about stuff like that its like you never played on an 8ch serb before.

Oh hey that reminds me, we have that new Viro thing where all the work is handed by that one machine and it mentions a disease database
Is that round-only or is it legit a persistent DB like the librarian has (except its not set up yet)?

It's a slow night and I'm getting free (you)'s

I'm certain its round-only. I'm sorry goy.

the admins will tell you to handle it ic with rp but if it keeps on being a problem then billyings will be happenings

Is this 1995?

server is back up

one day our databanks will work

one day

for people who don't understand what's going on with the server currently we're having some issues actually setting up our databanks, so please bare with us till they hopefully fix it but also if you think you can help please *please* do say something

Sex that round were massive faggots. Also, you only had that taser due to suicide cop.
Trash round was trash, and reminded me why I fucking despise pubbies so much.

Never publicly announced shit, you faggot. When I asked you what happened to the dead guy in brig, you know what you said?
"He died for his sins".
When I asked again over commons, you didn't say jack shit.
Left with no information on the guy, I decided to clone him.

Then you, in all your retardation, decided it was a fucking good idea to shoot the NT rep in the fucking chest with a crossbow because HOLY SHIT HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO CLONE A GUY
Kill yourself. People like you are why everyone thinks sec is shit.

This is true pubbies naturally gravitate towards high-power, low-robust jobs like security and heads because they want to cause the most amount of shit with the least amount of effort. That's why we want to make Captain a role you can't slip into midround.

Sec is shit and if they act like shitters its the crew's responsibility to bomb the brig and lynch all officers who stick to their red jumpsuits.

Pubbie-shitter captains are great, though. Everyone knows they're shitters the moment they sign as captain. So they get lynched right quickly, the moment they do something stupid, and then get bullied.

Incidentally: New anonymous code is nice and all, but it does seem to be leaving a gap for the bullying of pubbies.
Maybe make it optional? That way we immediately know who are shitter pubbies, just by who leaves their OOC on normal.
I feel the anonymous nature was part of why so many pubbies were acting like scum last time. Maybe I'm wrong, though, and I do like it by large since I get to complain or boast about round actions later without metagrudges being built up.

I'm still in awe at that dude from a week or so ago who latejoined, signed up as captain, started tasing literally everyone he came across, then had the audacity to whine to the admins that sec shot his ass dead because "HURR, DURR, I'M CAP'N I DO WUT I WANT!"

tbh

nah what usually happens is everyone is too busy doing whatever to deal with the pubbie arresting someone for farting the wrong way the moment they spot'um

It only works when we have nothing to do and outnumber the pubbies.

doesn't matter about numbers so much

Congratulations my pals, we just got the database working. The server will remain consistently on until I kill myself. God bless you autists.

After many hours of wondering why shit won't work we finally have MySQL working. Turns out the lazy niggers before us never updated the MySQL library that byond uses for connecting to the database. The library file was 7 years old. No one thought to themselves "MAYBE WE SHOULD FUCKING UPDATE THIS" for 7 years. After downloading the version that tgstation uses it magically worked. The irony is that previous server owners probably updated it locally, but never decided to upload it to the repository or tell anyone.

Wew, well at least yo ugot it to work.
Now if only we had a way to edit it, so as to keep out the 20+ copies of WGW

wouldn't have thought it'd be too impossible

Are you fucking gay?

Useless "feature". Just atracts attention whores and actual snowflakes, much like threads here on Holla Forums. And since you can't reliably connect their IC character to their OOC name, you're bound to either not bully them enough or even bully the wrong person.

Told you this was the shit. Helps a lot to talk about the actual game when meta-personalities are no longer a topic. Way more greentext stories in this thread than before as well too.

it's not gay if it's a feminine clown

What did they mean by this

>Mime PDA's me (don't do this) asking me to help avenge him from previous rounds because the botanist is "metagrudging" (REALLY dont do this you got ahelp'd)

TGUI isint worth ads let alone bandwith

need a new bread

not page 13 yet

low pop comfy round ongoing, get in.

tbh fuck it here's /new/