Roguelite Thread

Everyone knows Roguelikes are for autists so lets talk about a genre of games that takes the best elements from those autism sponges and combines it with a core that doesn't suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZBNVy7SV9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

These look more like arcade games
Only thing missing is multiplayer support.
Roguelite is a marketing term used to make arcade games more palatable to the "hardcore" reddit audience.

I wonder if the devs of antibirth are still working in a patcher and on the game next fix, I'm tired of going negative hearts after spending more hearts than i had with the devil.

Caveblazers is pretty solid, Strafe is… meh (needs work but the devs are listening, so that's good) avoid Immortal Rednecks.

The kings are still pretty much OP.

Never really thought about that. Other than Rogue Legacy, these games are essentially just arcade games with unlockables.

Also, anyone try Enter the Gungeon? I've heard mixed things about it.

Git Gud the roguelike, only slightly less than nuclear throne. Every character has a dodge with strong iframes, almost all your luck (drops for keys, health, ammo, etc) relies on a stat that grows with rooms you complete and resets if you get hit. Best way to get max hp is to ace bosses without getting hit.

Weapon variety and item variety is okay, characters play pretty differently (Especially the secret ones)and it's legit enjoyable.

Enter The Gungeon is very skill oriented, more so than all the other ones probably.
You have stuff like roll i frames and bullet hell style bombs too.
What i don't like about it is you can't break the game (half the fun in Isaac) and something about having to aim.
Aiming is only good in first person games.

That's actually a feature and isn't being removed.

It's packed with references and it's hard as dicks, and despite the artstyle being okay overall the player characters are by far the ugliest and unfitting things in the game, aside from being "muh diversity"
It also seems to fall into the roguelite trap of putting the majority of dev time into garbage item unlocks that only pollute your drop tables instead of making actual worthwhile content

Rogue Legacy is utter shit. It forces you to grind a fuckton to progress at all, you can't even do damage to strong enemies without upgrades. The platforming also feels floaty and combat feels flat and shitty.
Here's a real "roguelite", no content needs to be unlocked, you can beat it from the get-go, good platforming and by god it's challenging as fuck and no amount of luck will save you if you can't handle it.

Yeahh sure thing user, feature.

In the version one of the game it just killed you, happy faggot?

Gonna try either enter the gungeon or nuclear throne.
Which one is better, Holla Forums?

Version one was so fun. I want it back with the new engine, fuck all the new stages and bosses, and fuck spiders too.
But user, satan sama wouldn't kill you, he just wants your red heart containers.

Is that some kind of exploit?
I kind of played the game very little before feeling dizzy and calling it quits.

Clone acts as an extra life, but it boots you back to floor 1 with all items when you die and resets the floors.

As you might imagine, doubling your items makes you comically overpowered and in a few cases leads builds that amount to "Hold down the fire button and look away"

Gungeon is more technical.
Nuclear Throne is made by Extra Credits.

That still doesn't reach the amounts of gamebreaking Isaac has.
Have you tried greed mode?
If you can find blank card and the two of diamonds, you can pretty much empty out several item pools into you, even more of you find chaos.
What this means is being literally unable to fire for more than a second or the game would crash on you.

I want to get bugged and irradiated~

Dead Cells is pretty good but it is not yet finished so I would wait on it.

Everything in Gungeon is pretty good for a roguelike except hardly any of the guns are satisfying to use so it killed it for me. Nuclear Throne gives guns a kick but the levels are just boring in that game.

Spelunky is great.

Gungeon is great with Mod the Gungeon. The cut characters ninja and cosmonaut are better than most of the final characters design wise.
Too bad nobody makes mods for this game.

Dead cells is way too good for an unfinished game.
If you can be assed to update it manually might as well pirate it now.

I've been playing Nuclear Throne on my Vita for weeks and I haven't been able to get to the fucking throne yet. Fuck this game is hard and full of shit, but I can't stop playing it

Playing Super Princess Pitch I realized that. They're just arcadey games with unlockable stuff to boost replayability (which works nicely in some games, like Risk of Rain). "Arcadey" sounds a lot more accurate and less cancerous.

No it fucking isn't. It's hard because 80% of the weapons suck balls and have such an abysmal accuracy that you'll miss 50% of shots for no fault of your own. The gameplay mostly involves grinding for new item unlocks hoping to get something worthwhile instead of yet another epic fucking internet meme in item form.

People who think EtG is good but Nuclear Throne isn't are either underage, from Reddit, or both.

user, no.

user, kys.

Hurr durr muh objectivity

You're the reason developers don't feel the need to finish their games before selling them, and many don't finish their games at all because they already got their shekels from early access.

And that's ignoring the developers who DELIBERATELY stall and never release 1.0 because the early access shekels keep dropping in.

This came up on Steam for me the other day. Haven't played it but it looks decent.

It's fucking great. It's best described as BoI fucked Enter the Gungeon and the offspring got the superior genes of both. It's an /adgd/ game.

Australian of noises delight?

Sure, i like feeling like puking if i have to aim behind my character, because the devs decided the camera should orbit between me and my crossaim.
Fuck off.

What's with all the artstyles looking like they were made for children?

No. It's better.

Sounds like a personal problem. There's literally nothing wrong with the camera.

Arcade games weren't typically random though. Procedural generation is like 80% of what makes a "roguelite".

Are you talking about EtG right now? Because half of those better describe that game.

isn't nuclear throne 30fps because rami is as much of a hack as he is an sjw?

It could be 10fps and it would still be a better game.

Pirated this after a friend was praising it to the moon. The gameplay is pretty fun despite the shitty bloom ridden visuals then I find out it
ONLY HAS TWO BOSSES

How the fuck do they have the gall to sell it at seventeen bucks? There's hardly any content at all.

what if

get this

they're both memegame shit?

Now kill second boss at least once and look at your playtime.
It's worth 17 buck all right.

Is the old Castle of Winds a roguelike or a roguelite?

Does Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup qualifies as roguelite or is it roguelikes?

Anyway i recommend it

i want to play it but the fucking thing crashes my computer when using the steam link
are the m&kb controls okay or should I just use a 360 controller plugged into my pc and hope that it doesnt crash on normal steam?

I have done and I would've been pissed off if I had spent money on it. There's early access then there's selling a game that has 10% of the content it should have for a full game.

No idea sorry, I was using a DS4 and didn't have any problems. There's a few recent torrents, maybe try those to see if it was patched.

It's a proper roguelike, even with the tilesets

Kay.

It took you thirty hours to kill the second boss? Are you shitting me?

I wouldn't recommend Toy Odyssey. The gist of it ressembles Rogue Legacy as in you can upgrade your base/character permanently and there's also some crafting.
However, the game is also extremely grindy, necessary materials to craft good weapons don't drop often, there's a lot of useless quests and some of them (even story missions) involve collecting crap that rarely drops. The combat is okay but the level generation is poor.
Two out of six (?) bosses are extremely frustrating to defeat and the final boss is just plain bullshit. The fact that the game overstays its welcome and is badly designed on some points are a little too much for me. I enjoyed the first few hours hours on it but after that it was just a chore and the only things that kept me going were the fact that I was bored and I wanted to see the end.

Immortal Redneck is a bit better than Ziggurat mainly because of verticality and better weapon selection. It's pretty easy after getting a few upgrades and doesn't lock any things behind grind, I found that despite the skill tree I could finish a pyramide after dying there a handful of times.
Strafe was underwhelming on release so I wouldn't recommend it unless they made big changes.
Stay away from Rogue Shooter unless you regularly contemplate suicide : youtube.com/watch?v=4ZBNVy7SV9E

Flame Over is originally a Vita game I think, it's very easy (as in, not challenging and not very engaging either). You could finish it in one sitting actually. I just was interested in it because I was interesting in playing a firefighter game.

It greatly favors skill over RNG which is pretty rare in the roguelite world and is a solid game with a good challenge. But it falls short on pickups almost never changing how you play and being a game all about guns where the guns kinda suck and you'll find yourself using your starter gun a lot of the time (although I hear the situation is much improved and they actually give you ammo now). I liked it enough to clear all the achievements other than the grind ones.

Hand of Fate is apparently a roguelike/lite/cock. It's a card game/dungeon crawler where you unlock quests/weapons/items by satisfying the requirements presented in cards you encounter. The combat is the probably the worst I've ever experienced, though it did grow on me as I have a great tolerance for stuff like that. I expected Path of Exile combat but got poorly animated Bam Ham. I got it during the summer sale and I'd say it's worth it, the dealer is a great character that really make you want to beat him.
Hopefully the sequel improves on the garbo combat.

Also Ziggurat is cool. Fast movement, fun weapons (you can shoot lost souls), great art style. It's like Hexen with simpler levels and not as cool characters.

Strafe has the 90s movement down but the guns feel nothing like any of the games of that era (especially the shotgun, holy shit). I read that they changed the gun sound effects so that they don't feel like toys anymore but I played the pirated version so I wouldn't know.
And the health system is bork.

I wanted to pick up Immortal Redneck for cheapo on a sale because I'm really in love with the aesthetic, especially after playing Ziggurat. I can live with the guns feeling like shit tbh fam.

What's wrong with Rogue Shooter other than the cringy trailer? GGGcuck mentioned that there's a great variety of weapons but really no room for strafing.

It's like the game isn't finished or something you bumbling retard. But it gets a pass for actually being good and having frequent updates.

My main complaints are that maps are extremely simplistic and different areas are all the same with the appearance of the walls being the only thing that changes. Both enemy design and variety are poor, mainly because you will always get the same enemies in an area and those drag on for way too long for what they are. Weapons break, so you have to repair them. The feedback when shooting is terrible and reloading is done offscreen so you don't even get that satisfaction. Aiming is only on an horizontal plane (this isn't a problem in itself, Doom played like that after all) but here maps are only corridors and large empty square rooms, there's no verticality.

This is the main things I could get on top of my head. I also I seem to remember the game not scaling with resolution so you can only play the designated resolution the game has originally either stretched in fullscreen or unstretched but windowed (I may be remembering that wrong).

Did you mean a different Extra Credits?

Arcade games typically don't have RPG elements (character stats, shops ect)

Roguelike is an RPG sub-genre, Roguelite is just a hybrid of that with non-rpg genres like platformers or twin-stick shooter.

This isn't difficult.

Basically this. I never die in EtG from not being able to aim or dodge well, I just run out of fucking ammo and keep getting actually harmful items to have so eventually the bullet hells just win out.

Nuclear throne is way more reasonable with ammo and when you fuck it its only because you moved yourself into the situation to get fucked, no rolls to escape, crystal's shield isn't perfect, and not getting a golden combo of mutations doesn't kill you.

Heh

I wanna get Rodina but it's never gone on sale a single time.
All the torrents I find for it are really dated and missing lots of new content.

Could you name a few of these 'actually harmful' items that you mentioned?

For what it's worth, I really like Heart&Slash. As a test in combining roguelite mechanics with character action gameplay, it does a pretty cool job, and I love the music and the Megaman Legends aesthetic.
Just wish it had more variety between the different weapons and how they worked. And less horrible game breaking bugs. And more bosses that aren't just "dodge until they show their weak spot, hit them once, repeat".

How's Abyss Odyssey? That any good?

I think he mainly means they're both cucks who think they know what's best for vidya.

Finally got Deathstate working again.

Imagine Gungeon without any aiming and all the controls focused on ability use and dodging. It's actually pretty neat, and the entire setting is cthulhu mythos and seems to be solidly researched on some level

Rouglite is just a lazy gimmick to avoid having to design levels properly.

If it means enjoying games with actual depth is autistic, then so be it.

Diablo 1 did just fine, though it was a Roguelike and not a lite

Oh god why

N O T H A N K S

Well yeah, I can understand why you wouldn't want to buy this
How is that automatically a bad thing?

Because people are able to ignore these blatant red flags and lump onto the coolest new meme bandwagon game their favorite YT celebrity played, regardless.

I ain't buying it until it's released and on sale.

Illiterates confirmed for early access sympathisers.

Did you actually try the fucking game or did you immediately lash out at buzzwords like a screeching autist?

No because why should I try a game that has pixelshit graphics? If Holla Forums has taught me nothing else, it's the hallmark of a lazy cashin and early access doesnt help either

They're also attaching to common indie buzzwords like roguelikes and dark souls.

So you lashed out at buzzwords like a screeching autist, got it.

don't you want to play the LATEST rogulite roguevania pixel-art darksoulslike crafting open world zombie mmo battle royale rpg?

Some are depend on your gun so this is gonna be a bit long:
The scope/laser sight aren't great for weapons that are made to have a giant spread and defeat the purpose of shotguns, though for single shots its nice to actually shoot where the fucking crosshair is.
The cigarettes need to literally kill you to get any benefit.
All the cursed items.
Any gun that leaves pools of poison, fire, or electrified water since those all still kill you and tend to be uncontrollable in where the splash goes if not literally in front of you.
Heavy bullets makes already slow and inaccurate weapons even worse.
Scattershot basically cuts your damage to nothing in exchange for more bullets which typically means you're going to miss one of those pellets and deal less to normal enemies.
Stout bullets make long range weapons a lot weaker.
Anything that makes a weapon less accurate is bad, I've had medium range blooper shots entirely miss from the pellets just separating around enemies.
Spice is nice, but then it starts to consume other items that would've dropped and curses you.
And not technically an item: keys. I can never get these fucking things to drop and have to burn ammo getting to the secret rooms to have any hopes of getting them to even have a chance at finding items. And then its a 50/50 chance I'm picking the chest I need for a weapon or an item, in which the weapon might be made bad by items, the item might be a bad thing to have, or the item is an active which would need to replace a better one I already have wasting the key.

What? Dude that game has some of the best pixel art in modern games, shits so fluid it almost looks 3D.
Pixelart isn't a sign of a bad game, bad pixel art is a sign of a bad game. Not all games are Undershit with their art, some people actually know how to use pixels and make it look good. Generally the fastest way to tell who tried and who didn't is looking for that shitty wobble most pixelshit games use like terraria and starbound where a static image is just spun and twisted around instead of being properly animated.

That's because it is. Sprites like the player and most enemies are pre-rendered 3D sprites with limited palette. I've used the same technique and it saves a lot of time. They don't clean them up enough in my opinion though.

Cead Cells isn't proper pixel art though, most of the characters are either prerendered 3D or actual 3D.

the only item out of that list that's actually bad is scattershot, sounds like you need to git gud

Is it a roguelike though ? I thought Rodina was more of a sandbox game, as in what if No Man's Sky didn't suck.

Nigger fuck you
It's a fucking insult to actual pixel art.
And they couldn't even be bothered to clean up the rotoscoped frames, in you can see a frame where the fingertip is completely disconnected from the rest of the hand.

You don't even know what that word means. It's used to describe when game devs use pixel art in the most lazy way imaginable, creating incredibly simplistic characters and thinking being pixels excuses the fact that it looks like complete crap.

I haven't played this game but one look at the screenshots says it has enough effort put in to not qualify as pixelshit.

That's a pretty cancerous attitude, and I don't mean Cancer when I say that. Early Access games are by their nature unfinished products, the whole spiel of giving them your money ahead of time is investing in the game to be completed. Not buying the game, completing the game that is what you're paying for when you put money into early access games. Your attitude of treating the developing product as already finished and everything past that point being an update to the base promotes bad business practices and encourages conmen, the morons who get duped by marketers all the time is already bad enough but you actively encourage the developer laziness and to treat getting your money early as the main goal. Remember Mighty Number 9? Your attitude will promote more devs to do shit like that.

Buying a game that is good =/= encouraging games that are not good but follow that model. You might as well say you should never eat out because ==some== restaraunts are dishonest.

You completely missed my point by a mile, read it again.

And yet people bust their nut when DKC came out. Any asshole can make renders and drop the resolution so low they look like pixels.

DKC used fairly innovative technology for the time. The game looked crisp and beautiful. Historical context is important you nigger.

For every EA game that has been dropped or ruined, yes, it is very important to treat the game as purchased as the final product. Why wait 5 years for a core update (that's not "really" an update according to you) when you've put two dozen hours into it?

I'm not going to wait that long to play your game. If its on the store I am judging it as-is. Other developers have used up your goodwill and that's not my fault

You're entire post encapsulates the sucker I'd cater to for a quick buck and walk away laughing in Early Access. This whole thing about you buying an incomplete game and treating it as incomplete is somehow okay because you're too impatient to wait, while the solution is flying right over your head. If you're not going to wait for the complete game and you don't want to put money into the devs making complete game and simply wait for years, then the solution for you is simple don't give them your money and forget about it. Move on with your life and write the game off. Bam problem solved, devs who don't even have a half complete or mostly finished product would be dead in the water and everyone else would quickly learn that early access is only viable for funding the polish of their game which is already mostly complete.

But no, you're impatient and you just have to play this because you can't just wait, or simply ignore it entirely. And that is why Early Access has pretty much gone to shit.

this thread is pretty gay

You are functionally retarded

That's just a spelling error.

It's like binding of issac if every single enemy was a massive damage sponge and all the powers ups are limited sidegrades.

it could have been good, but it's just tedious and really unrewarding to play.

Get Nuclear throne instead, it's faster, rewarding and to the point.

I was trying to remember what it was that bothered me about that game, and up until now I thought it was primarily just the fucking Resourceful Rat stealing power-ups. Now I remember the damage sponginess of everything. I dropped the game entirely when I realized the enemies all scaled up on each new floor.
Fuck the Resourceful Rat, though. Fuck him hard.

But don't you fucking dare get Nuclear Throne. Play it, sure, but don't get it. They don't deserve your money.

Why?

How much does the name Rami Ismail mean to you?

Everytime you die you lose everything.
It's both a sandbox and a roguelite.

probably just whining about "muh sjws"

Nothing at all

this guy gets it

The devs are a big player in the San Fran indie clique. Their PR guy specifically has publicly shamed smaller developers he disagrees with and he holds a lot of talks at schools and conventions like GDC and such.

You fund them, you'll essentially encourage more shitty indie games to be made.

Among other things, he's the original "We are developers, not gamers" guy.

Don't forget his "If you're an indie developer, you may as well give up now" talk. Really encouraging, especially coming from a gluttonous fuck who has the means to travel around the world to spew his retarded agenda. I suppose if you're already knee deep in the business you may as well discourage competition from popping up.

Thinking about scumbags like him makes me want to dev harder.

Who wants to be a gamer?

Dead Cells.

How come none of you talk about Dungeon of the Endless?

I fuckin loved that game

*love

Is there any roguelite out there that resembles Daggerfall, Arena, or whatever TES game? Preferably something that lets you be OP af like in Morrowind. I find turn based combat boring, lack of overworld and NPC interaction boring, and full procedural randomness repetitive.

ABSOLUTELY PROBLEMATIC

Ah, I am just going to for a run of DOTE now. Such a great game.

Unlike other roguelites it doesn't feel like you're doing any progress while playing it.
You're not really unlocking anything that helps you so you just keep sucking and the game never gets easier.

I like playing a roguelite where if I unlock enough shit by playing it I then can have a few runs where RNG makes me completely OP. That's the whole point of it.

Every day we stray further from Rogue's like.

Have you tried starting with the Armory Pod, user?

I honestly don't remember, last time I played it was a few years back
What does it do

You start with 4 heroes with improved damage and 8 random weapons (2 spears, 2 swords, 2 pistols, 2 machine guns). No random heroes will show up.

I think you lose some of the food/industry/science main modules, but you can research them (I think).

When the hell is Hand of Fate 2 coming? I want more of that unbelievably ball busting hard difficulty and I want to see the dealer get pissed off.

Just tried it
Doesn't really feel that much different from the rest, there's just not enough to make the runs feel different

This thread is once again proves we share a board with redditors.

God I wish every user here could be as good as you
Imagine the threads we would have

Yikes, what a pretentious knob

Good.
No meta progression means that every failed run was just a waste of time, especially long one.

All runs have meta progression, even in regular roguelikes. You gain knowledge of the game world and its rules, and the tactics that work and don't work.

Examples:
You learn how useful berry bushes are. Then winter hits. You learn how useless berry bushes are in winter. You die. Wasted time, right? Nope. This time, you know to prep food and warm clothes for winter. You survive your first week of winter. Suddenly, your screen starts shaking. Deerclops fucks your base raw. Wasted time, right? Nope. You prep food, clothes, and now weapons, and maybe a second base for winter. You kill Deerclops. This continues for the rest of the seasons if you have RoG, and you learn and push. Eventually, you survive an entire year. Now the world is your oyster.

You spawn. What are these ascii graphics? What is anything? Okay, whatever. How do I move? Ok, that works. You look at the map and beat feet for the nearest town. When you arrive, you walk smash a window and crawl in to get the loot on the floor. You've cut yourself, and attracted a horde of zombies, but you don't notice. Suddenly, the house is flooded. You die. You make a new char, and do it again, but this time you notice the yellow sound warnings, and decide to look for a way to open locked doors. One wiki visit later, you find out about makeshift crowbars. You grab a pole and make one for yourself, prying open the door to a gun store. Suddenly, alarms. An eyebot spots you, and calls in a police bot. You get freedom'd to death. Try again. Get good loot luck, and make it out of the city well armed and stocked up. Even managed to fix up a car and fuel it up. You drive around, and find a lab. You take the ID card you found and go in. Checking the rooms, you find some sweet loot. Cybernetic upgrades, powerful meds, experimental weapons. Getting too big for your britches, you open a locked door and get gunned down by a turret. Load up again. This time, you make it. Now you drive a well armed, impregnable death machine. You've been living in these lands for years. The zombies fear you, the mutants recoil at your presence. So long as you have simple sunlight, you cannot die. You are the god in this decaying waste, and all shapes to your will.

Then you get caught alone by a group of zombie hulks and shoggoths. In a defiant last stand, you pull the pin on a grenade and hug those bastards. They go down with you. You decide maybe it's time to try out some mods on your next run.

tl;dr?

tl;dr

What? No? By that logic mario has meta progression too.
I want actual fucking upgrades to my gameplay, not some abstract concepts.

So you've never seriously played an arcade game in your whole life, huh?

You said meta progression. That covers increase in game knowledge and skill. You do get upgrades to your gameplay. You do better, since you know what to do.

I mean, if you don't like roguelikes because you lose all the progress a character has accumulated, and it feels like bullshit, I can empathise with that. I hate FTL for the same reason, you're just playing RNG Simulator 2kwhatever until the game decides you get to have a good enough run to win. But with a good roguelike, you should always be able to get out of the situation you're in so long as you: A) Recognise things are going south when they start B) Take a moment away from the keyboard, have a drink of something, and come back to save your dumb ass.

If you don't like roguelikes because dying means you lose everything and have to restart, I've sat on characters for around a week because I was anxious about possibly losing them I can't really sway you. Unless you look at it like you've improved, and can now progress further, then you're unlikely to have a good time.

Replace all the music in the HD/XBLA version of Spelunky with the freeware version's music and watch as the game immediately improves by about four or five times. Replace the new tunes with your own (ie the game-show theme for gambling) or leave it be at your leisure.

Arcade games are designed to deliberately jew coins out of kids with flashy graphics and no gameplay depth.

Meta as in inside the game but between runs you nig. Don't dance around the semantics.

You can do that in FTL you fucking retard. I've been playing the game for three years, played thousands of runs, and every time I died was because I made a mistake that ruined the run. Just play the game well and learn the mechanics and you'll pretty much every game, even on hard mode.

Eh, not a fan. Don't really like RTS games to begin with, and I found the game to be overhyped. If you like it, have fun with it. Just not for me.

Well then specify that you want ingame meta next time before some caring user tries to help you enjoy more games.

Don't talk shit out of your ass about subjects you haven't the faintest clue about. You can't have a scoring system in place (as with most arcade games) and then go on about how all of them have no gameplay depth at all. For some games, sure, but most of these games clearly separate the scrubs from gods when it comes to scoring play once you've learned to just survive two loops. You wouldn't be able to replicate embed related on your first try, let alone what's actually happening on screen to begin with.

The only acceptable meta progressions are those similar to FTL and The Binding of Isaac where you can unlock different starting loadouts and new unlocks you can mess around with in the future, rather than cancer such as Rogue Legacy where you have no option other than to grind.

Legacy had shit controls on PC, drove me fucking nuts. Obviously made for controllers, or made by devs who have never played a pc game in their lives.

Legacy was an amalgamation of garbage by DotEmu, who have never made anything good in their lives. It was just a launcher for the game roms playing in a poor custom version of MAME. The games are best directly emulated through MAME or SHMUPMAME itself, or by getting Raiden Fighters Aces for a Japanese X360.

I see a clear correlation.
Either way I played through all of the arcade Metal Slug games and boss that takes 40 minutes of constantly taking damage to go down is pure fucking jewery.

Your standards for what is considered a wall of text are rather low, and quite worrying actually.
Metal Slug is all arcade games now? It's not like most bosses take that long to kill if you don't lose your weapon drops and Slugs too early instead of being forced to rely on your pistol and not using your bombs.

In case you're this bad at reading - I played 1-5 and X. I didn't play any console exclusive releases like 6 and whatever else is there.

To sidestep this semantic bullshit, Metal Slug isn't a prime example of arcade games as a whole. There's a lot more games of all kinds on arcade machines out there and to think they're all as Jewish as Metal Slug is just shallow thinking.

Actually good ones that don't discuss a shitty meme genre, vlambeer games or bring up riveting arguments like "any game that has a substantial amount of depth is autistic"? Thanks user, I'll make sure to continue doing my part then.