TITANFALL

You thought the game was dead huh? No? You weren't thinking about it at all?

Well fuck you, update time.

RISE IS BACK, COOP IS BACK EVERYTHING IS BACK!

Other urls found in this thread:

respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your jewry is in desperately shilling for a dead game on a dead console. Go shit in the street, Satya.

It's got 10,000 players now on pc. And for fucks sake the ip belongs to respawn, not EA.

And yet you feel the need to shill it on an obscure image board. That's illogical. The only logical conclusion is

TITANFALL 2 IS A DEAD GAME AND YOUR NUMBERS ARE A LIE

The devs are the only good thing that is apart of the shitheap EA

B-but I want to play with you user. ;_;

respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield

no games, only despair

That should be Holla Forums's slogan

About fucking time.

kek

I'm free to play if you want.

MarkMann447

Why did they change Gates' design? It's just such a random thing to change.

NICE!

Fucking damnit this thread must live.

Because old Gates was literally a female recolor of your singleplayer model.

other than the mechs the game plays exactly like a COD infinite warfare, God forbid 14year old autists have to stop or go slow for a second

Except, you can play the game slow and still do well, if you use a sniper rifle or LMG.

why should i care

Don't question the numbers, goy.

Is Scorch not shit anymore? I doubt it. Hopefully they introduce some of his Frontier features to base gameplay.

Anyone have that one EPG killing spree webm of poor quality?

It's true to an extent but it would become just another way for newfags to say "LET ME TALK ABOUT [corporate franchise's newest shitpile] THAT I EAT UP OR Holla Forums DOESN'T LIKE VIDEO GAMES!"

Oh whats that
finally.

WALL RUNNING

Ok, then I might enjoy the multiplayer.

Have they fixed matchmaking yet? Serious question, I bought this, but could only play bounty hunter and attrition. Nothing else
Nothing

How fun is the co-op? from the youtube description it said horde mode, any mission based co-op?

How about you deselect the other mode and only queue for bounty hunter and attrition?

is it true EA removed Denuvo from Tittyfall 2?

Frontier defense was suprisingly fun back in tf1, and was fairly challenging. The scoring system also didnt fuck around. Now frontier defense has difficulty setting, one for each campaign difficult meaning that Master difficulty is going to be the difficulty of choice for the kings of the games mechanics.

does anybody play the co-op or is it gonna be 15 minutes queue time?

Cool I'll actually try it out, the family PC has Origin on it anyway.

Doubt I'll get to play with any of you because I live in New Zealand.

They added a system that lets you queue for the modes you want to play instead of all of them months ago.

I can't find a statement saying they officially removed it, but there's a few threads saying they did. Some group cracked the game also.

What has the world come to?

Scorch buff was confirmed by devs. He is so stupidly bad right now it's sad. A lot of Titans are even better in frontier mode apparently.

Stuff like Legion not having a speed decrease, Ronin having an additional phase dash, Northstar having a 70% faster charge time and so on.

It still isn't live. It's coming on 25th I think.

The devs said that Scorch is getting buffed with the new update. Can't wait personally.

The devs realized it didn't work in TF1 because it split the community. I don't see how it's bad that they learned their lesson.

Thank god.

The game is terrible. In content, balance and service.
Content
-First off, the lobby is just disgusting, a single boring and chaotic room. It looks like they expected the game to be played by few. They weren't wrong. And everybody plays attrititon, if you exclude it it takes 3 at least a full minutes to find players.
-No more burn cards. There are boosts now. The ones i used are useless. Back then, the burn cards gave OP guns, boosts or abilities, and they lasted until death. They were perfect. Why did they 0 changed it.
-Maps recycle the same old assets. I'm not talking about old maps coming back, I like that. I speak about "new" maps that looks exactly like old ones. Cheap.
-titans are made out of paper. No more shield, if you want it you have to leave behind the titan and steal somebody elses core. BTW, what's that core for, if you can steal it without the other titan being destroyed or losing abilities
-single player. Didn't even bother checking it out. Looks like "mechs with souls". Lame.
-More guns and titans? No, it's all the same old stuff, with less customization. The new things are completely useless because of BALANCE ==Balance==
Either use CAR, the R-201 or the G2. They kill in 3 (THREE) shots and are piss easy to use, on all distances. The Hemlok kills in two bursts (all 6 bullets must connect), one burst if you strike the head with all bullets (impossible on a distance, and hemlok is useless close range). There is a new energy LMG which looks very cool, but projectiles are slow and it takes like 5 of them to kill something. The kraber is somehow easy to use, but the OP guns can strike you from the other side of the map, amd every time they hit they shake you. You'll always lose. The other guns are so silly that have no reason to exist. A binary sniper rifle that shoots on the sides of the target? Who designed it? What was he thinking? A shotgun that sprays orizzontally? Really? Usefull for what, to kill grunts? Jeez, thank you, i really needed a grunt killer.
Service
I have fairly good internet. My ping stays at 45. Yet, in the last two days I lagged as hell. Enemies suddenly stop, then teleport somewhere else. I run or evade, and the game recalls me to my previous position, killing me. In the killcam it looks like i was still all along. Even when I don't lag, enemies have half a second of margin on me. I get kills from bullet that i never saw shooting. Like it's the fucking cod roulette. Unacceptable.
The game is shit, blacklist respawn

NOW GTFO SHILL, AND BRING YOUR SHITTY GAME WITH YOU

Are you not a native English speaker or just retarded?

I never played the first game so I can't comment on the first half or so, but you should give 2's singleplayer a go, it's surprisingly good.
You mean the Mastiff? It got buffed and the EVA got nerfed, the Mastiff's arguably the better shotgun now.

In regards to balance, the G2's really the only gun I have a problem with (and it would be easily fixed by giving it actual recoil and/or possibly lowering its rate of fire slightly). The CAR and R201 are popular for sure but I'd hesitate to call them overpowered, my only issue with them is that their hipfire is a little too good. Ever since the Hemlok and Devotion got nerfed I've been happy enough with the balance, there's a lot more diversity in terms of the weapons you see now.

Titan balance is alright apart from Scorch who's been confirmed as getting buffed on Tuesday. Northstar feels kind of lackluster sometimes but she's not quite as situational as Scorch currently is. You can at least play to NS' strengths at least somewhat effectively on pretty much any map while Scorch is currently both map dependent and only situationally good.

R201's hipfire is almost non existent. Are you thinking of R97?

Buff Flight core when?

Flight Core is great with the viper thrusters, especially if you fly over them. They get confused as fuck.
Problem with Northstar is that her railgun is pretty much the only source of real damage, and it has a slow fire rate even uncharged. Compare that to Tone, Legion, anyone else really. They all have 2+ damage dealers. She's just a bit streamlined is all.

I'M SORRY WHAT

I bought this for $20 during the last shill cycle and regretted it. Dumped 150 hours into it and ended up uninstalling because I felt the game was inherently shit.
It's another game where it feels like the dev is appealing too hard to a lowest common denominator. The movement was the only interesting thing about it and unless you were fantastic at it you often got punished by getting killed in 2-3 shots by some 14 year old camping with a hitscan weapon. I know, "git gud", but there's no point in gitting gud since that shit never stops happening.
Also it runs like shit and takes up 58GB of space. what the fuck.

This is one of those "I'm baiting by pretending to be retarded" thing, right?

Origin, not even once.

t. some fag who probably has steam installed

Fucking millenials i swear.

No, not what you're thinking. It's a 4 player horde mode.

BACK WHAT IF THEY PATCH IN TIME TRAVEL??

That was a one-off mechanic for a single level. It's not in the horde mode

Hopefully they will increase the TTK in the next patch. The experimental HTTK playlist a month ago was very positive for most players.

Bad optimized especially the sound.

I really tried to like it. I thought, maybe it'll get better and sometime around G3.25 I just realized that wasn't going to happen. At some point I just realized I was having fun most matches and having experience with games similar to this in terms of development and gameplay pace I knew nothing would ever be truly changed, for the sake of "accessibility".

wasn't having fun most matches*

I thought people on Holla Forums would like a semi-return to arena based shooting game mechanics.

This is what she actually looks like in the campaign, the old one was just a recolor of Cooper, the MC.

Simplifying the movement until everyone can do it isn't interesting or fun. Titanfall is gay.

The game is pretty fun, shame it's published by fucking EA of all publishers.

also you're gay

nerd

Are you kidding? Most people are complaining that it's too hard to move well. Jesus Christ are you all casuals?

I'll buy you an exit bag myself.

To fully optimize wallrunning is hard as fuck especially if you try to aim while wall running. Most casual still using grappling hook to give them extra mobility

Probably, I haven't used either gun in forever

Flight Core is pretty good with Viper Thrusters as the other user said and I usually use the latter along with Overcore, so I quite like Flight Core. It shouldn't need a specific kit to be good but I think it's alright overall.

My issue with Northstar is that her gun is pretty much her only means of causing damage (aside from the core). Unless you use her rocket in conjunction with a tether trap it's better for blocking off pathways/getting Tones away from their shields than damage in my experience. Her tether traps are alright, pretty rubbish in terms of defensive use or when you're running away but the fact that they can set up for rockets/Flight Core is pretty nice.

It's harder to achieve full speed in this game than in Quakelikes

Prove it.

If Titans existed in real life, how long do you think it would take before a soldier tried marry theirs?
Somebody married the fucking Eiffel Tower so sentient robots are tame by comparison.

Oh god no. The Time Travel mechanic was cool for one level. If they made a multiplayer map that did that it would be hilariously unbalanced.

I think they can utilize the wall running and time travel mechanic for an obstacle course speedrun mode or puzzle mode where you can go against other players to get the best time.

Don't soldiers have rigorous mental checks?

Give the grappling hook a try and see if you can use it right. Movement in this game isn't "everyone can do it", that's why they made the Gauntlet.

Someone explain to me how most Titans get hitscan with their rifles and miniguns, but the Titan with a supersonic railgun has incredibly slow travel time with her bullets? Legion and Ion are better snipers than her, how the fuck does that happen?

Give her tether an emp effect, something to help her be defensive, and reduce or eliminate the travel time on shots.

If it was as intelligent as BT, or God help me, Ashe, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Look at the Apex Predators and tell me a single one was sane. Not even Viper

You've also got Bear from the 6-4, who thought it was a good idea to parkour off a dropship midair to jump into a ships hanger. Even the rest of the squad thought it was stupid, but it worked.

They are fucking retarded

10/10 writing Respawn

How do you disable depth of field in this shit? I added +dof_enable 0 to the run parameters but it just seems to have toned it down a bit, I fucking hate depth of field.

Blisk doesn't give a shit, he's just a merc.

You gotta go to the options and turn off the depth of field when aiming down sights. That shits really annoying.

Any other tweaks you suggest? Also disabled the adaptive fps target thing as it kept making everything blurry, I also seem to randomly get ps1 tier textures in some places.

I actually just bought this game a few days ago because jEwA had it on sale.
TL;DR incoming
I'm running it on a 970 and I've had some weird issues. Exclusively in multiplayer the game would be running flawlessly at 60 frames but then would start locking up for 3-5 seconds at a time every so often in a match which made it unplayable. This problem did not extend to the single player mode which ran perfect. Someone on a forum recommended putting maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel to stop this. It seemed to fix the problem and now there is no more hitching, but now the game's framerate drops massively when looking at populated areas of the map or during high activity like electric smoke everywhere and shit. This has also carried over into the single player. What setting do I turn down to fix this shit without it also making the game look like ass?

Nice, downloading the demo.
I kinda liked the first one but it died pretty quickly. Is it a case of normalfags having shit tastes or does the name EA killed any chance the game had to reach its true audience ? (which clearly isn't normalfags)

I think it was a mixture of bad design choices and DLC. I can't imagine it being anything else since they marketed the shit out of it.

I forgot about it. Guess they couldn't resist the call fo shekels.

Yeah, season pass, map packs and all. That shit always kills the longevity of a game. At some point they made all DLC for Titanfall 1 free and said all gameplay additions for 2 are going to be as well. The worst DLC you get is "premium" versions of titans and garish camo-colors. So far it's still pretty tame compared to like TF2 or CS:GO though (and the free solid color camos are the best looking ones anyway).

My guess is EA fucked them over on the poor release date and marketing because the studio didn't want to go maximum overjew, but now Nu-Battlefront 2 seems to copy that model, so what do I know.

okay but when is the SDK getting publicly released

What kind of coo-coo fantasy world do you live in?

Plus it hurts you in the long game, by wanting to get more money you always gets less and it infuriates me to see all those bad business decisions.
This is what happens a board of faggot shareholders make decisions. Never go public with your company guys. I know I won't

The man just wants to hire the best in the business, he didn't give a shit about Viper, or Slone, or anyone on a personal level, they just made him the most money. I mean, his whole motto is "You kill me, you're bettah, I kill you, I'm bettah", and since you killed his whole crew, he probably considers you as good as he is.

Don't worry user, I'm Australian and the player base is pretty active in the afternoons and on weekends. With all the new updates finding a game only takes 2 minutes instead of 20 now

2 minutes instead of 20 during non peak hours*

One in which I'd be giving money to videogame studios, I guess.

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13502/operation-frontier-shield-the-patch-notes

Scorch Kits

Why not marry the female mechanical pilots? TF2 actually has some decent clang.

Not to mention they're total QTs.

Considering the role of simulacrum pilots in canon that image opens a can of worms the size of the Atlantic. Would be an interesting idea for a mini campaign or book series ala Halo though, with themes of perception of reality and good CLANG.

Having Ashe as a commander and some good headphones gives me plenty of good clicks and whirrs to pass the time.

Coop won't save this game's lifespan. Moving the game to PS4 didn't save this game. Tweaking the formula did not save this game. Adding a decent single player did not save this game.

I'll break it down for you. Its very simple.

The military fps market is over saturated and fatigued. The release period was over saturated. The game isn't on Steam. While you argue that Origin only is the least of Titanfall 2's issues, but indulge me in the following.

The game is dirt cheap now and yet the product is so underwhelming that I'm too lazy to reinstall Origin. Which was something I did for Titanfall 1. However if it was on Steam for 15-30 dollars during summer sale, I'd have probably bought it and not refunded it. So I see shilll threads like this and have no inkling to purchase the game. I have plenty to do and no compelling reason to invest. I wonder how many others do the same thing as a result of EA trying to weasel markshare on the digital storefront end. Even Ubisoft with all it's uplay cancer and piss poor steam integration isn't dumb enough to ignore the Steam market.

It needs to stop trying to be casual, they arent going to pull the COD numbers they are used to so they should really look hard at the formula and what they want the game to be. I think they need to drop EA and try to strike out on their own. I'm already burnt out of this games multiplayer due to the changes they made, changed that weren't really needed. I think they have one more chance to unfuck this but thats pretty much it.

English pls.

PLS.

I'll ask the Nipponese thread if they can translate it.

ah so you are just shit and here i was thinking it's autism, glad it was not that way, you will get gud someday

Just read it yourself, it's in plain and easy to understand Japanese.

It might be but good luck reading it user-くん

Is it actually worth picking up on PC? I never played the first one but I'm desperate for a fun shooter that you can just jump into and have some fun.
Is it comfy to play? Is the community any good? Is it yet another game where every little brat abuses broken weapons and mechanics and ruins your day?

Phase shit and smgs are getting nerfed but it does happen. Yes to all else. Origin is also apparently lenient on refunds.

Thanks user! Here's a (You)!
Will try out the trial first and then will consider buying it.

The trial has one of the missions, and the gauntlet on unlimited access, and I think they are having a free play week about now. Definitely worth a shot.

Here you go, here's a translation, I'm not sure I got everything right, but fuck it. Maybe someone else can correct me.

Here's my take on it.

I'll see if I can typeset that later. Looks like a bitch, never been that good with vertical bubbles like that, but I'll give it a shot.

Update is out.

i dont know how to feel about this

Also here's a compilation of all the "Weapon Warpaints" for those with shit internet/console.

So is this timed or for good? I remembered reading something about a limitation.

The Eva one looks the best but I don't care about that gun all that much.

I like the R201 and Wingman ones. I love the EVA-8 but I hate the skin for it. Sad. I think that only the Titan skins (all of which look like shit) are timed.

Why did nobody mention this? I'm already starting to question whether I should get the game or not.

Time to Scorch it up. You [8ch] fags want to play?

Alternator looks cool too but too bad I stopped using it.

Every update brings more skins most of which are shit and I haven't been tempted to buy a single one. You have a 4-5 pages worth of free ones.

There's a free weekend soon, and the game has a trial/demo anyway. As far as the XP boosts on the skins, I doubt it'll mean much to anyone since you can get to lvl 50 in a day and have all the weapons at your disposal.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, the bonus to XP is random, and the merit boost for your team is not. The "floor" so to speak is that your team gets a slight merit boost, including people who didn't buy the skins, and the "ceiling" is the same thing except you get more XP, which doesn't really mean anything since the game shits merits at you anyway.

The only thing which looks super Jewish is the limited edition titan warpaints which give your team XP boosts in frontier defence.

If all this is really enough to make you reconsider, then just download the demo and play the multiplayer from the 28th-30th.

Pilot fishsticks was one of my first Advocate drops. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse.

gg kappanicus

I tried to play some CTF to get some double XP. I kept getting spawn-killed because of the enemies camping at our base.

just kill them?
lmao

What is the best gun and why is it the L-Star?

You're part of the problem.

ABOUT GOD DAMN FUCKING TIME, jesus christ the most requested feature of the game takes almost a year to get released

I bought the game, have enjoyed it so far and there is literally nothing you can do about it. :^)

How do you heal your own Titan? I steal some battery from the enemy titan but I can't use it. I cant rodeo my teammates titan but not mine

I don't think that you need to rodeo your Titan to use the battery. It's used automatically once you enter your titan.

You just jump into your own titan with a battery to give yourself the overshields back. They don't really "heal" your titan. If your titan is doomed, it stays that way.

revolution achieved!

I like the way those two greaser faggots are drawn. Just make em less gay with a small edit. Or edit it as Holla Forums and /cuteboys/ instead.

Mods fun for the most part, I like how different maps have different types of waves they throw at you.
And scorch is something to be feared now.

Actually it will in this mode, if you can snag one.
Also you can buy a super battery that heals a bigger amount of health and takes out out of doomed.

That mortar attack is fucking annoying, they lure you out and storm the harvester with everything they got. I leave my titan behind in defense mode to guard the harvester while I take care the mortar but the AI is stupid as fuck and only use the main gun to attack.

Terrible taste. They're drawn in that typical tumblr animu style.

With the dash and phase dash boosters and the extra phase dash from the Aegis thingy Ronin can get around ridiculously fast, I wish there was a way to disable the execution animations though as it slows me down.

So how badly is the sword block nerf going to fuck Ronin? And is Scorch now worth a shit?

The amount of damage it blocks got lowered by 5%.

That shit adds up broski

Scorch got one of the buffs I wanted for him, along with being uncritable, with dermal plating. His first kit does more damage too.

So give it an enhanced AI chip.

Fucking shit, man. All I wanted to do was play a fun Titan, but they all die too fucking fast or can't do enough damage before getting doomed. I will never not be mad that they removed regenerating Titan shields.

Get closer

People complain about regenerating health and shields, people complain when they take them away. No pleasing everyone.

Try Legion, he is the damage king, just don't do something stupid like get flanked because he is too fat to turn around when his shield is up.

Scorch is bae, next to Monarch

Aim down the sights to tighten your spread and wallop crit points, also get as close as possible. You often want to covershoot to avoid getting wailed on by scorches and shit, whittle down the target with 1 or 2 shotgun clips then finish them off with the sword. Generally your first sword hit on a target will stagger them, so if you go for it when they're on around 40% health you can kill them before they recover from the stagger. This doesn't apply as much to other Ronins, Northstars, Ions and Mortar titans, if you catch them from behind you can often kill them taking little to no damage, but be wary other Ronins for obvious reasons. If you're fighting with others to protect a lane, covershoot, drop smoke when you can as you're fast and can dash in and out making it safest for you to do it, and if any enemies stop paying attention to you to fire at your allies lay into them with your sword.

You're also well suited for taking out Reapers as sword hits stagger them and kill them fairly fast, even faster if you manage to AoE 2-3 of them. You can also oneshot groups of drones easily although sword block when approaching them to avoid chip damage. Do not under any circumstances try to go ham on full HP scorch/legion/nuke titans without first chipping them down with your shotgun and staggering them or having sword core active, you'll take too much damage for it to be worth it.

The last upgrade will make melee a lot more viable for Ronin as it gives a decent amount of shield per hit, I think it's base 500 boosted to 1000 during sword core, which will basically mean you're invincible as long as you keep hacking the shit out of things with core active.

Still don't know if you guys are genuine like the R6 Siege anons, or if this is a long lasting shill campaign. I guess i'll take a look at the free weekend.

I fully understand not wanting to give money to EA, or not wanting Origin on your computer. I think we've just decided that Titanfall 2 is good enough to be worth it

Fuck, i completely forgot about that nightmare. Is there a way around it?

Is there another free weekend?

nope.

There's apparently a crack so you can play the campaign. The only thing I've seen for getting around it and playing online is a third-party program with no documentation or updates in a couple years. I should mention that Origin isn't spyware any more than Steam is (unless you opt into it for a bug report), and it's pretty resource-light so it won't eat into your memory.

Read the thread, dude.

What character is this?

anyone got tips for beating the hoard mode? me and my friends are getting overwhelmed even on the easier ones.

Too bad there isn't an offline multiplayer option in the pirated copy. Can you get this game for cheap? I was actually surprised about how fast the game can get if you get a grip on the controls.

Hornet from Hollow Knight. The game is very good and she's very cute.

It goes on sale regularly, and the base price seems to be $40 canuck bucks on Origin.

Diversify your titan selection, don't all pick the same thing. This seems to help. Monarch can give other titans some shield with one of the kits which we found helpful.
Make sure to heal up if you can between waves but save money for arc traps. Lots and lots of arc traps.
Make sure you don't fuck off on your own, especially in the titan combat. Stick with at least 1 pal, you can split into 2 groups and broadly cover one side of the map each.
t. Regular mode expert

Gotcha. I know at the moment we've got
Ronin
Tone
and Monarch
I don't know our fourth friend has. We don't really buy arc traps and I don't think my friend with Monarch has that kit yet so I'll let him know. Thanks.

God damn it, no way to play client free? I might pass on this shit. I already have my steam client to be permanently offline so the thought of a second good goyim client really drains my titan.

You could play on console, but that's kind of missing the point.

I might see if I can jew some poor goyim out of his copy using goyimlist craigslist.

The catch is you'd still be playing against people using controllers, which means your competition would be nonexistent (vid related) or infuriating, since Respawn acknowledges aim assist for ADS and balances the game with it in mind, at least on console. I'm also unsure if TF|2 would recognize KB+M on console, so you may want to see if that's even an option.

Hey, you can still do some pretty neat stuff on console. Can't turn as fast, but the movement is unaffected so wall running and shit is golden.

Does anyone have some tips for the multiplayer, I'm having a real hard time shooting people when they are moving everywhere and I am moving everywhere.

Most guns are pretty fucking accurate firing at the hip. You pretty much have no need for ads.

Nice lucky trips, and yeah, I hip fire anyways. I'm just a bad shot I guess and have trouble following the enemy pilots. Perhaps I just need to git gud

shoo shoo shill

Shoo shoo cuckchan

Sort of. The grenadier class is a great place if you've had some arena shooter history. Even more so with the epg as you will generally travel roughly the same speed of your projectile, making it easier to get direct hits. Dont worry though, the game is hard in that regards. I have a friend who just wont play multiplayer anymore, citing that the targets are too small and the maps are too large exacerbating that issue. He is coming back for frontier defence though.

A grenadier weapons only playlist could be cool.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment

Anything with Mechs is automatic normalfag repellent.

Check your minimap, the lights show where the shots are coming from.

Does regenerating completely wipe all of your progress and unlocks, or does it just block you from using them until you reach the right level?

Also…
NEW MAIN MENU BACKGROUND
SCORCH AND LEGION DON'T NEED TURBO ENGINE TO DASH ANYMORE
YOU CAN NOW CARRY PISTOLS AND ANTI-TITAN WEAPONS AT THE SAME TIME
This game has changed since I played the last free trial.

Regenerating makes you go up a generation and resets your progress. You can ameliorate the process by buying all the stuff you want to use with credits.
Also all of the weapons you've already regened stay that way. I did it till gen10 to get all the pilot colors and haven't done it since.

Yeah and it made Respawn nerf handguns to shit. Elite Wingman has four shots and regular Wingman takes even more shots to kill now.

Anything you unlocked with credits stays, the only thing reset is your level based unlocks for things like perks and guns.

Attachments and weapon level stay, as do any cosmetics like camo. Regeneration is the only way to get some of the camo anyway.

If you can, try ADS with the R201. It's pretty dead accurate, and if you can land all your shots you still have a good chance of killing them before they kill you.

Ideally, try a nice arcing jump so you stay mobile while aiming, maybe try the hover perk so you can stay mostly still while still fucking with people.

alright, this feels like how the game was meant to be played.

I appreciate the tips. I don't really shoot while jumping enough, but I played a few games doing that with a grenade launcher and it almost feels like quake.

The one thing that is generally 100% beneficial on your guns is either Gunrunner, or that fast ADS module. If you aren't used to aiming while moving them R201 with the ADS module is probably ideal, the Alternator is a good learning tool for midair gunfights, and it can work well with either module depending on what you prefer. CAR is best used when sprinting, same with the R97.

Really, just hop around and try them all out. I generally run quick reload with my aiming perk of choice, as it lets you consistently keep a full clip as you run around.

Or run tactikill cause frothyomen told you it was the best

Reminder that if your most used weapon is the CAR or R-97, then you are not good at the game.

40mm & car here

Hello, sub-average player!

New siege ops when?

My most used weapon is the Thermite Launcher

polak #1 and 2 chinks coming soon (tm)

Hello, above-average player!

Fuck Frothy. I just think the aiming perks really help, so I always run them with a reload perk.

What about the R201 and the Predator Cannon?

You are the most average player ever. More than likely that you are sitting on a flat 1.00 k/d as well.
the r201 is literally a CAR except a bit shittier tbh

Closer to 3.0, I just like Legion.

G-git sum.

Is it the best Scorch upgrade right now? I'm not sure whether to run that or the thermite grenade one.

How do I tell the gernade drop on the softball? I've never used a aiming reticle like this

ADS.

You get a feeling for it as you keep using it. ADS is for nerds.

It's a toss up between those two and Inferno Shield I think. I guess you could switch between them depending on the situation, like if you're on a map where you have to peak from behind cover a lot you'd use Wildfire Launcher, whereas if it's a more close range map like Complex or Crash Site you could go for Tempered Plating or Inferno Shield to be more aggressive.

Ronin seems strong as fuck but whenever i play him it's a total shitfest of desperately spamming dash and melee whenever i see a titan, is there a strategy to this thing?

Don't use melee against titans unless you're going for an execution. Use your shotgun, aim for the crit spots, and phase shift to reload. Good strategy is popping phase shift, dashing in the back of the enemy titan, drop electric smoke during the dash (it appears in outside of it) and continuing your attack. This tactic is fairly popular so if you run across a good player that expects it you can do the same but stay on the same side, kind of like an Ibuki left/right mixup.

Oh and the arc wave destroys Tone's and Legion's shields. It's also good to use post phase shift/smoke/dash because it makes turning slower and leaves them open for longer.

If you dash and phase shift at the same time, you go flying a massive distance in whatever direction you're facing at much higher speeds than either dashing or phase shifting by themselves. It's a good option if you need to quickly escape from somewhere. Same for Sword Core, I get more uses out of the infinite dashes than I do out of the increased melee/arc wave damage. The other user described pretty much everything else.

Long story short, jewed a nig and traded his ps4 copy of transmorphers titanfall 2 for a broken minifridge. How p2w is this shit? I'm waiting for the updates to install but seeing shit like paint and guns that give you exp and other bonuses don't sit well with me. Are any mechs or guns behind another paywall? I don't want to get into another payday2 tier scam.

Nice.
Read the thread:

All the gameplay content is free and available to anyone. The new skins do technically speed up your level ups, but leveling up is very fast anyway because the game constantly vomits merits at you. I'm not a fan of the limited edition titan skins, but they also only provide bonus XP when doing Frontier Defence, and it affects your entire team.

That's not the worst since I was worried the super jew skin was a common thing respawn did. Also after looking this shit up myself I got a good, hearty kek from seeing the new generation of "gamurs" shit their pants in rage over one hit melee kills. What the fuck happened to fps players? The last fps I played for an extended period of time was gaylo for the xbrick and we loved our OHKO hits.

that's not the worst thing-

I hope you're joking. I refuse to believe this.

After sticking my head in the official forums and the gamefags forums there was a huge cry about how the game is bullshit because of them. They then began to cite modern games that removed such a toxic feature, amazing games like Overwatch, Modern TF2, NuCoD, and Destiny.

Goddamn idiots.

It's not the one hit that bothers me, it's the lunge. The lunge is pretty fucking big, like Cammy's cannon strike big and considering the tick rate you'll punch them, hear your punch hit, see the blood spurt and then die from their punch.

They supposedly fixed it but I've been playing Frontier only for the past couple of days.

In MP try not to pick direct fights with other titans, you're too squishy. Covershoot and harass them to deal as much damage as possible, even just a quick hit and run by dumping a shotgun clip into a titan you sneak up behind then running before they turn around is fine. You ideally want to hang around with other titans on your team and support them by being a distraction or flanking any titans they get into a fight with to make them panic when they realise you're on their ass. One thing to realise is you should primarily use sword core defensively or for mobility, it increases the amount of damage blocked by sword block and makes the spacebar dash regenerate really quickly. The damage boost is cool but you're simply too squishy to go ham on a scorch or legion or something and not get your ass kicked. As the other guy mentioned the smoke+melee spam strategy is quite effective but remember you should ideally do this in tight areas where if they panic they're likely to get stuck in the smoke, in an open area they'll easily get out of it. I don't suggest doing this against scorch as he'll just turn around and melt your face with thermal shield.

But anyway as Ronin you should focus on killing pilots, the shotgun is effective at this due to its spread, and you also have high speed to keep up with them and I'm pretty sure Ronin's melee has longer reach than other titans. One thing to keep in mind is that if a pilot boards you and you time phase dash right, you'll avoid taking any damage when they pull your battery, but they'll get a battery, so you can turn around, kill them and get a free battery.

Who is the Spy?
I'll take "bullshit but I believe it" for $1000, Trebeck.

preddy gud

There are crit spots on titans? The head?

The glowing red parts. Strider and Atlas titans have them around the cockpit, while Ogre titans have them on the shoulders as well.

Thanks. By the way is this game still 20 tick? It doesn't feel bad to me, did they upgrade it to 60 like they did with BF1?

It's still 20tick, but the developers have bullshitted/emphasized that they don't simply use the default Source engine way of calculating ping, since TF|2 ping isn't affected by frame rate like Source games are. They don't go into detail, but people have done testing (vid related) and the servers use a combination of 20, 40, and 60tick information to calculate movement, jumping, velocity, projectiles, etc. I think Respawn just has godlike interpolation, since - like you - I honestly don't notice the low tickrate much; I didn't realize it was 20tick until after I'd gotten more than halfway to lvl 50.

I would've recorded it but the game always seems unstable after an update and I've been experiencing unpredictable crashes. Has anyone else encountered this instability or found a fix? I got an error message about DX11 after I installed the latest update, but the game can't be updated or repaired.

fug

I tried the multiplayer and, as expected, being placed against people who have been playing this game nonstop since it came out isn't fun. Especially when your team is full of people just trying out the free trial.

At least the co-op mode was fun, but I don't think I'm going to be buying it.

It's like someone dangling keys to a new car over a shark pit.

Don't come back.

What is this witchcraft.

Grenadier weapons or kys

no sale

Ah yes, I really wish we could go back to the days of slow-paced, calm shooters like Quake III, Unreal Tournament and Serious Sam.

Why vpn?

Is that what Dickie Spencer believes in?

encryption

r8 my pilot faggots, i have no idea what to take on half of these things

Replace kill report with something, silent rodeo is nice. I'd also recommend switching fast Regen with the faster tactical skill.

You also don't generally need both ammo AND reload up on your primary. Personally I'd swap extended mag on your EPG for either the quick ADS, or Gunrunner skill. Probably Gunrunner. The rest looks fine.

Thanks

Not sure about Gunrunner. If you're gonna be a grapple pilot, you ought to be spending your time staying high up and mobile. Keep in mind that grappling can reset your wallrun if you jump onto a same angle surface.

As for sidearm, try the regular Wingman if you need to finish off pilots who survive the EPG splash damage.

OC

You mean the "I can't aim so I'll just AOE" weapon class?

With Grenadier weapons you want to fight from the air, so you can do without gunrunner, go for extended mags and fast reload.

the size of boom you make is directly proportional to penis length

It may be hitscan but at least you need to aim :^)

The devs doesn't even like it when people call their robots mechas. Fucking faggots.

Made me smile

Really good. Chad having one eye is a nice touch.

I bet you think A-Wall is overpowered.

Deal with it, weebfag.

He's kinda right though, you still have to aim but dont have to accurately aim because of the splash damage. Of course this doesn't apply to all Grenadier weapons, theres one weapon that doesn't have exploding ammo but have high firing rate, forgot what's it called.

Reminder that Scorch is the pinnacle of masculinity, Ronin and Monarchfags can't compare.

I want to trust you but then again this is EA's origin we're talking about.

If you want your free Red Baron Ion skin, and have godlike internet speeds, just start the 10 free hours of Kangzfield 1, play a single match then uninstall, and you've got the best Ion warpaint.

shoooo shoo

the
uh
the whatnow?
do you mean that black and green one you need to pay 5$ for?

No it isn't
While it's harder than most people think to achieve max speed in Titanfall 2, hitting max speed in Quake 3 (and other games with the same type of accel/movement) isn't really feasible for humans, and certainly isn't acheivable on any map you'd actually want to play

Only just started playing this again for the first time since January. What's everyone's opinion on Monarch?

Only just started playing this again for the first time since January. What's everyone's opinion on Monarch?

Overused trash
It's the most well-rounded and easy to use, imo
Use Scorch if you want to be a real man.

Still don't know how we held this 1% for two waves on hard.

Play Northstar or Monarch mate. Makes for a more exciting game of marksmanship or being a titan with the capacity to build for either guns, missiles, or being a brobot.

Been playing for just under a week and found aiming and recoil control very difficult.
Turned down sensitivity by 1/10th and went MVP in 3 out of the 5 next games.
I could barely notice the difference, but it's there.

Maybe warframe spoiled me but, this is fucking
BULLSHIT
Did you think the game had a small small playerbase before? Well just you wait!
CoD-esque online games are a cancer that needs to be extirpated from the earth.
>then we'll release "new product" so you can buy it too and be entertained for a whole year!

fake news
Devs said no more massive stuff like FD, new maps and such are still coming.

Is this worth a pirate for the SP campaign?

Yes.

I'd actually rather that devs make a single good game with clean design and then only patch bugs/maybe add some new maps than do this continuous development shit and constantly add more content that wasn't tested alongside the rest of the game. It inevitably makes the game shittier as time goes on and devs continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel for content
See:TF2
That said,

I downloaded it and just finished the assembly level. Never played the first Tittyfall.

I like it, to my surprise. The weapons feel a bit samey but due to the speed of the game I wasn't able to really get a feel for each of them. The story seems alright so far, it doesn't pretend to be something more than a vehicle for cool situations (unlike CoD) so that's nice.

Essentially what Splatoon did.
When big updates ended, there were still occasional updates adding more weapons and maps for another year or so.

Blame EA.
They pushed this game out at the same time as BF1 expecting everyone to be able to afford both.
But as normalfags are more comfortable sticking with what they know, of course boring brown cover-based shooters like BF1 win.
So in the end when the majority of people went for that instead of TF2, EA decided no-one liked the game and stopped even trying to advertise it.

But still,

Ah Scorch's tempered plating is so good now that it blocks crits.
I can rush in and go apeshit in a storm of fire and fuck without having to worry about being shredded if I drop my shield.
And now that there's an inbuilt boost I can run overcore and turn enemy titans into soup more quickly.

This warpaint right here, isn't even obtainable anymore

Is it better to use it than Inferno Shield now?

If you're in a tight map with corridors, inferno shield is good for absorbing damage and face melting
Otherwise my go-to is tempered plating now

Why does Ion get all the promo skins?

hes the first one unlocked so plebs can get instant access

the mountain dew/doritos promo actually unlocked Ronin so it technically could have been possible to put that warpaint on him

Buddy i was using the hose before it got buffed.

The devs != one marketing guy who was using outdated terminology.

Are you dumb? Do you seriously think the piddling splash damage makes up for the fucking travel time and drop off arc on grenadier projectiles?

The EPG has perfect accuracy, so I don't see what benefit the faster ADS would give. Gunrunner is also questionable due to the gigantic splash range and how ineffective the weapon is unless you can aim downwards. I can't think of anything I'd really like to have on that weapon other than maybe tactikill.

ARES or 6-4 is superior.
Though Apex does give out pretty good looking skins for their unlocks.

Haven't played this game since angle city came out. What all has changed?

I wanted to level up Northstar on Frontier Defense, holy shit that titan is awful. Scorch is the best.

I wish that the stoic gold texture was shinier and like gold instead of yellow

This.

Try using the puncture kit or the tether trap kit and spam it errywhere.

Quite a bit. We got a bunch of good-to-great maps, another titan, Scorch buff, phase shit and arc grenade nerf, mastiff buff and some other stuff. You can also carry handguns and anti titan weapons but they nerfed them.

That's not a vinson dynamics opinion

I prefer 64 because Gates is my mommy.

Ash is my supportive girlfriend.

I wouldn't come inside any woman without considering marriage.

It died quickly because:

anyone else deal with random crashes in the middle of a game? I've got it in windowed mode, lowered my settings, but randomly in the middle of some matches my game will just white screen and crash.

Nope, which is surprising for an EA game.
I've had occasional player model stuttering but not much more.

Nigger, the game gives you the Rhodesian mercenaries option and you don't pick it?
ares second place though
6-4 worst faction because they're the generic mainstream anime "muh honorable mercenaries" option

The drunk guy is my pick
this game is becoming a bit of an addiction. Something about taking out a whole team with your softball A-Wall combo feels incredible.

Still, I wish I was better at hipfiring the softball.

That's the shit, her best skin right there.

Nigger you're just bad with her.
Easily can fuck up 5+ nuke titans simultaneously down range.

I realised that I'm really mediocre at foot combat, usually dead average, occasionally either MVP or punching bag. But in Titan Brawl, I'm an unstoppable fiery assfucking machine.
Given my pilot level is G2 and my Scorch is G8.

Really enjoying Legion. His dreadnought perk seems stupidly OP on Frontier Defense. Moves about as fast as a bathtub though.

I hunger to play Titanfall 2 online again. Hate that i have to pay PSN to go online.

If it's not the fucking ranked chip from the first game, aka something I don't have to do or worry about, I'm honestly going to stop playing the game. Because you know 60% of the already small playerbase will flock to muh imaginary metal colors that depict my skill, and you'll basically be forced to play it to find games. They'll probably nerf the shit out of the gravstar and grapple because of that mode. And if you join a game, and people see you using anything other than a fucking SMG with phase/stim, they'll votekick you or some shit.

I hope they don't. There's enough of a divide between new players and veterans already.

>Can't work for Ash she's a cute until rank 20
Why?!
Well at least I can use my Scorch in Frontier Defense.
Also how many maps do they have in FD? I keep playing on the same 3 or 4 maps (including the one from the first game).

Playing with a controller or keyboard and mouse. Makes no difference to me, as long as i have fun, yes?

Now I can join the tryhard R97 hipfire snipers.

FD is currently only available on four maps.

If you enjoy playing an objectively worse version of the game, then sure.

I'd like to see it on relic with the harvester in the middle of the map.

Is there any chance that money will ever be used for anything other than keeping things unlocked between regens in multiplayer?

You can also use it to buy coliseum tickets and some of the advocate gift camos early, but it's a shame that most of them are pretty crap.
Would be neat if they let you use credits to buy some of the advocate gift banners or icons too.
I can't really think of anything else, really.
Unless they want to make the ridiculously priced $7 titan skins available for an absurd amount of credits.

Well, you can buy stuff early and unlock skins with it. That's all, but I've never had too many to the point they became a nuisance.

What would be nice is rather than unlocking weapons through leveling, you could purchase the weapons or attachments exclusively via credits.
Just either make the unlocks cheaper or give more credits.

You can buy weapons, but not attachments.

I mean exclusively buying weapons rather than getting them as you level.

I've never seen a scummier bunch of absolute faggots than the Titanfall 2 ecelebs. I mean, competitive gayman is the reason half the fun shit from TF1 got ripped out of the game. Burn cards. Were they shit? Sure. Were they fun? Yeah. Shit like AI in CTF and hardpoint got taken out because of tourneyfags, maps became the three lane dogshit because of tourneyfags, etc.

Fuck me, I like TF2 because it's, at heart, a pretty fucking casual game, with a high skill ceiling, if you want to go for it. I like that I can get in a match, and leave whenever without any bullshit. I like that I can do well regardless of my team eating a bag of dicks, and these tourneyfags want to kill this so they could jerk their tiny cocks off to twitch viewership and imaginary videogame rankings.

They're scummy because they invested hard into advertising and shilling their channels pre-release only to have a half-empty game that they're dedicated to.

what

Did this happen on rebbit or something? If you're really worried, we could write the developers an open letter.

FrothyMemen and a bunch of other fags made a video about what they want in titanfall 3 but are still pushing for similar changes in TF2, basically, turning the game into TF1 with all of the fun things ripped from it.

I've checked rebbit and a lot of people seem to disagree with the ecelebs, but I think we should still send them a letter to Respawn, because they've listened to frothynigger on balance changes in the past.

Post it. I'm feeling masochistic.

The smug cunt disabled comments and dislikes.
rebbit actually did something good

Make it so you don't get shit when you level.
Make it so you can only buy the guns.

I'll admit that I agree with his opinions on titan classes and overshields, maps, and rodeo and lastly burn cards. But he's an idiot when it comes down to anything else.
I half agree with him honestly, but everyone ran stryders with a 40mil, etc. It was basically all tones with three dashes.
as compared to the Stim from TF1 which gave you full health as soon as you hit the ability button, effectively giving you a full second healthbar in a gunfight
he advocates more ADS less hipfire, meaning slowing down the game, and bringing back the Carbine as the only viable weapon
He only goes over Amped Weapons. Ticks are fun, rewind is fun, although not great, holopilot nova is fun, etc. I'd greatly prefer Burn Cards, but, boosts aren't bad at all.
I'm not even going to comment
As opposed to twenty minutes of 2fort, where both teams do jack shit.
I have aesthetic issues with the hud, but it works just fine.
Seeing as they removed silencers, they couldn't reuse the minimap that showed exact locations of all pilots.
Not gonna comment.
true
Nigger, you'd kill a grunt in TF1 and you'd get twelve popups of different shit happening
+1 attrition point
+50 grunt kill
+350 challenge
+500 burn card earned : grunt kills
come on now nigger
doesn't even go over any category other than ARs and SMGs because he's a tourneyfag
Who didn't see this coming?
Who even gives a shit?

Jesus.
FUCKING

How does anyone take this guy seriously?

I was opposed to Titan classes at first, but it does give a nice flow to the game.
Where in TF1 everyone ran stryder with 40mil and particle wall, despite some balance issues with Tone and Ion's core each titan feels unique with their own combo-based playstyle with abilities that compliment eachother rather than just whatever is the most effective meta-wise.
It's the reason why you still see so many people play Scorch, Ion and Northstar despite Tone being supposedly the best; they just feel fun to play because of their hand-tailored playstyles.

NO, TRUDEAU, THAT AIN'T HOW IT WORKS
YOU DON'T GET CORE METER FOR TAKING DAMAGE
IF YOU GET OUTPLAYED, YOU GET OUTPLAYED, IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT

Ahem. Okay. So. We really do need to make some kind of open letter so people are aware of just how fucking wrong this guy is. That sounds like something for a new thread, which I'll make once this one falls off. I don't want to treat this like some Call to Action or anything, but there is quite a lot for me to screech about and I'd enjoy digging my teeth in.

>

akshually, you get core for taking damage.
It's something like 10% for a quarter of your healthbar in an atlas
pretty much insignificant

I don't disagree with the idea (it's probably true from what I hear from TF1 players), but he provides literally zero examples.

Thanks for the correction.

although scorch was always bottom of the barrel, I personally used him with an assault chip and combo'd with him.
Good shit

Not anymore.
Having an inbuilt dash now lets him run overcore instead of turbo engine meaning more rapid kills. On top of that the tempered plating buff lets you assfuck the enemy titan while standing in a sea of thermite AND negates crits meaning you don't need to be as scared to drop your thermal shield to attack.
I always dominate with him in LTS and Titan Brawl.
Went from G1 to G9 with him since the patch.

New bread