Playstation 3 Emulation is here

RPCS3 just released their first downloadable build of the emulator, and games are now working above 15 FPS. Several games are now fully playable.

rpcs3.net/

Get those recommendation lists up.

**Also Playstation 3 thread*

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadgameps3.com/
youtube.com/user/Dante38490/videos
youtube.com/user/reznoire/videos
rpcs3.net/blog/2017/07/13/persona-5-is-now-playable-in-rpcs3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit I fucked the spoiler up. Oh well. I'm gonna start posting performance videos

No Demons's Souls and Armored Core 4A with 60fps+, no download.

What the fuck are you talking about? They've had downloadable builds for fucking years. All the did is recently change their site since the old one was ass.

I figured people would donate more money to this thing for things like P5 and demons souls. Cemu gets 20k a month for their closed-source emulator.

Woohoo, can't wait to play an indie game at 10fps

No worries. It's more cinematic that way.

I'll wait till it gets to at least 30FPS personally but thanks for the update.
Also I have an PS3 fat I've been meaning to jailbreak for ages now but I don't wanna risk fucking it up

What's the point of pirating if you're still paying money and for an inferior experience to boot?

You can buy the console and install CFW for free. It's a good inversion contrary to this shit.

RPCS3 has existed for years, mate.
It's made huge progress in the last few years, though.
You can't play much on it, that video is very dishonest. It's rather glitchy and most games don't run.

Yeah- www.youtube.com

the question is what is a "safe" site that I can download them from?

But what happens if we emulate The Witch and the Hundred Knight?

I used to download my games from here downloadgameps3.com/
Just use an adblocker and it should be fine. Other than that, use qbittorrent search engine.

You know what you need to do

It doesn't even run.

My problem is that, even if they say that the game is playable they don't say if it runs at a comfy frame rate. I really want to play Disgaea 3 4 for example but if it's at 15FPS I may as well not play.

NOGAEMS
LOL

mein PC is toaster

Also this, we must wait, and I need to buy some hardware.

Do you think people will be able to play Jojo ASB and EOH in a way that isn't godawful?

It could be decent if they reprogram it to really take advantage of the computing power of the latest CPUS which I doubt the emulator is capable of.

Soon we will have 4.0 ghz 16 core cpus for 400 dollars.

Playable doesn't mean it's perfectly emulated, just that the game runs without the emulator shitting itself.

I just want to play Ninja Gaiden Black again. Is that so much to ask? I would gladly buy a properly done PC port but we all know that's never going to fucking happen.

Too bad you have to be a weeaboo autist to enjoy most PS3 games.

neat any safe place to find roms? im downloading one to test this shit from torrent searcher i will come back to tell results

emu paradise

Check the compatibility list first, most shit isn't fully playable.

meant to
lol

i did that im downloading disgaea 4 since was mentioned in the thread and is playable acording to the list

That's my point, that they should give more info. We can see videos where Persona 5 runs at steady FPS except when the character is outside cutscenes and battles.
We lack more information about it and I don't really feel like looking for the game and the emulator to just try it and see if it works.

Shit I didn't read this post before posting mine whatever.
Please post later how it runs, I'm interested in running it myself.

I may not be here when it's over but I'm sure as fuck I wont lose the thread mate.

Considering they're bad games to the core outside all the fanservice; no

All I want is Demons Souls, Dragons Crown, and Nier.

30fps+ dark soles and vanquish told you nothing, did they?

I know vanquish isn't from fromsoft but the 30fps+ shit still applies

15 fps woohoooooooooooooo time to play that one game i forgot i wanted to play… and that is now on PC, oh well

where are the damn videos eggman?

Well, RPCS3 isn't even going to run DeS at 60 fps at all unless somebody finds a hack to unlock the framerate. I suppose we can look forward to stable 30 fps anyway.

the results are as expected bad i get 10to 9 fps on actual game and barely pass the loadings im trying fidget around with the thing not getting any better results

does that engine also tie in its physics calcs to the frame render loop?

Sorry for the delay. I was looking for vids of games fully functioning. The alpha build currently out only has a small library of titles working right now. Case in point, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 here has no sound.

At least Persona 5 is now playable.

HOLY SHIT FUCKING FINALLY
It's shit but at least it's progress. especially since we all know Cockstar isn't going to release RDR2 on PC

CEMU isn't an inferior experience if you play first parties mostly. Hell, you can run BotW at native 1080p with high-res shadows and without the games horrid default AA implementation. You can't do this on a WiiU

Speaking of which, the CEMU devs recently pushed a quick-fix update to 1.8.1 that fixes the de-sync related crashes in BotW, I've beaten Ganon and completed like 20 shrines so far and did not crash so it looks like it worked. And it's not locked behind a Patreon paywall this time

Bruh just buy an XboxOne

In what fucking dreamland do you live in user, getting yourself a CFW PS3 regardless of how is gonna cost you extra unless you get extremely lucky and somehow find someone who kept his PS3 on 3.55 or earlier or somehow find a CFWed console for as cheap as the regular ones in which case it's most likely an outdated DEX running some shit FW that has been beat to shit by some CoD/GTAV tard.

Rather the last few months, prior to january of this year RPCS3 ran basically nothing outside of AB climax and a handful of 2d titles.

It's farther along than that currently, pretty sure I've seen someone making a custom build that runs the game between 5-20fps

If you're looking for that try videos from
youtube.com/user/Dante38490/videos he does use custom builds made for his own usage though
or
youtube.com/user/reznoire/videos

Lookin' good

Welp, another for the reaction image folder.

Can't wait to play Dark Souls on PC, the only PS3 game worth playing.
Oh wait, I already did.

i tried demon's souls and it ran like ass
what games run smoothly so i can see if it works well with my pc?

Catherine and Persona 5. Framerate wise it's not perfect, but it's playable.

It's a recurring theme in all of their games going back to 1995, so probably so, unfortunately.

Catherine works already? That's cool, I always wanted to try that. Don't know why I never did, it's not like I don't own a PS3.

Oh boy can't wait to emulate… ugh… you know… that one… game? I think it was some game…

Talladega Nights.

You will eventually be able to play Demon's Souls

please tell me how I'm a triggered sonygger

kek

Google comes up with some random ass movie.
Nice work Carlos.

Well at least you appear to be.

Would you like to know how I can tell, with 100% certainty, that you are a fucking newfag of the highest order?

I will finally learn what happy story happened before Nier:Automata.

RPCS3 has been downloadable for years.
Also sound emulation is fucked, you need to overclock your processor to 4.5GHz+ to get playable framerates and there are still tons of visual glitches in most games.

Wait half a decade or more.

completely worthless then

But it is.

I was there perpetuating nogaems meme when PS3 launched, please do tell me how I'm a newfag.

embarassing

yeah, you totally were if you had to google talladega nights

Sure is, chum

Yeah it sure works and you sure are a fucking retard.
rpcs3.net/blog/2017/07/13/persona-5-is-now-playable-in-rpcs3/

Truly the master race

The emulator aint done, what hell do you expect. Persona 5 is gonna be released on PC too so just wait for that.

I expected a playable game like what that other retard kept sperging about

You're the retard for expecting this to work properly yet.

The Miku games have been fully playable for months now for whatever weird reason.

So you were there perpetuating the no gaems meme when the common fucking joke was it had Talladega Nights because it's only a bluray player you fucking daft cunt

But I claimed the game was NOT playable, user.
It's that other faggot the one going on about how this is fully playable

Look user if you can complete the game that means it's playable, doesn't mean it's perfect.

I don't consider a game that doesn't run at any kind of stable 30/60 frame rate to be "playable" even if you can take inexcusable amount of time required to complete it. You are arguing semantics.

According to your own definition there are games that aren't playable even on the actual console, safe to say your definition of playable is retarded.

How the hell do you get this shitpile to recognize a x360 controller? The XInput setting does nothing

It does by default, if it doesn't work then your controller is for some reason detected as player 2 and you'll have to fix that before being able to use it.

even playable its shit as any persona from 3 onwards

Where do you even get games for this shit? Is there a site like emuparadise or just torrent?

nicoblog
Psndl
romtohome
random warez sites
torrents
private trackers
private FTPs

But I downloaded it just this week, what has changed? That makes it their "first"?

Catherine works well, Dragon's Crown works well. Persona 5 is getting there, Soul Calibur 4, Virtua Fighter 5 are getting there. What other games are there?

Nier: Automata follows a different plot Summerfag. The rest of the games are disconnected from Automata.

Project Diva is now working, as is Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game. Okami HD is also now fully playable. Kingdom Hears 1.5 and 2.5 are getting there, but there's some freezing that needs to be fixed, as well as the lack of sound.

With luck we'll soon be able to play Ninja Gaiden Sigma on RPCS3

They all boot now iirc, just hasn't been updated in a while.

Hopefully we can get some custom firmware if anyone gives enough of a shit.

Get back to me on this.

It ran in older builds, but it seems like the latest ones have it broken.

Wow that's a pretty nice screenshot
Yeah I consider both of them shit, but ASB has got tons of fanservice and hopefully people will be able to mod away the terrible fighting mechanics like Easy Beats and reversing the motion for Stylish Dodge.

Both of the newer Jojo games are pretty trash as games. While I don't exactly remember other things about what was wrong with ASB, I do know that EoH was a bland version of J-Stars Vs. that loses its luster after half a dozen matches doing the same thing. The story was also pretty nonsensical even for Jojo standards, and the ending. My god, the ending. Also

Used phat cost me 100 burgerbucks and came with an upgraded hard drive, the flasher and materials ran me maybe another 50. You're retarded.

Thanks for proving my point and the fact that you can't read.

Microsoft is working on that but you'll windows 10.

30fps with frame dips, godawful balance, only way to get alt costumes is to grind online and DLC up the ass.

Seriously? I might have to upgrade to 10 then.

Are you really telling me I don't know a plot of a game that I haven't played?

Its shit

That sounds neat. Apparently you just stick in the disc and it transfers the license to the Xbox One and downloads an emulated version.

Either we get an Xbox emulator released by Microsoft that can be reverse-engineered (not sure how advanced CFW/homebrew are on the Xbox One) or you can at least still buy an Xbox One lol and play a large swathe of the libraries of the Xbox and Xbox 360.

PS3 actually had games by the end of its lifespan. What worthwhile exclusives does Xbox have besides Metal Wolf Chaos or Steel Battalion?

Xbox,360 and 3DS emulation is lorded over by a bunch of tumblrites who actively hold back progress in an open source project. They are also the biggest moralfags around where even the hint of piracy will get you banned.
Compare that to RPCS3 which attracts new contributors which are willing to learn and the devs are very responsive to feedback and bugreports to the point of whipping up builds based on tester feedback in days.
You can see the difference between the two teams by comparing the RPCS3 discord to the Citra one.
Recently an old Xbox emulator resumed development and started making progress in short amount of time. The developer on XQEMU(one of the tumblrites) started spreading FUD about that project, how it was doomed to failure despite making more progress in months than his emulator showed in years.

By the time this shit is playable on an emulator Rockstar will have released it on PC.

Speaking of summer…

you must be the kind of people who asks how donating to a charity benefits them

They are working on a couple of Xbox emulators. Cxbx-r and Xqemu.

Xqemu works like a virtual machine and it actually has pretty good compatibility, problem is it's ungodly slow and hasn't made any real progress with speed.

Cxbx-r has the speed down, but compatibility is pathetic and progress is moving forward but pretty underwhelming considering how far 360, PS3, and Wii U emulation have gotten.

If we're really lucky it might only be a few more years til we have a reasonably competent Xbox emulator, but I'd keep low expectations, it's by-far the hardest console to emulate, moreso than the Saturn, N64, or PS2.

Hopefully you're having better luck than I am with replicant
I can either play it in a super silent hill world where fog is everywhere and on everything, so much so I gotta play a magic eye puzzle to see the enemies
Or I can fix the those problems and crash after 10 seconds
I just wanna play as Onii-chan Nier

Pinktext is good for showing negative attributes, instead of just the standard greentext. Besides not many people use it anyway since greentext is the meme.

I think you're autistic.

Otogi 1 and 2 count?

Constantly running below normal speed and having annoying fps drops in a few certain areas while 95% of the game run stably are not the same thing.

What the fuck are you on about? Automata follows from an extended non-game ending to Nier which follows from one of the endings to DoD. Whether it's Replicant or Gestalt really doesn't matter with how things vaguely turn out.

Game only runs under normal speed when the framerate hits sub 15 which isn't constantly.

Something tells me you haven't played many PS3 games, there's a quite a few games that basically never hit their target framerate during normal gameplay and there's certainly quite a lot that run like shit way more than 5% of the time.

Does this thing play MGS4?
Is there a source of games like emuparadise yet or is it find as you can?

MGS 4 in 4K 60fps with MGO2 when?

Some guy made a stellar bunch of videos about what's wrong with the game. Long story short: Bamco went for the cash grab first and then made the game viable, also gaijins must suffer because content delivery networks on continents are less pricey than on a small island.
Watch a bunch of nips play the game and even though it's definitely much less varied than Httf, it's still technical enough to be considered passable or even good.
I was really waiting for the PS3 version to drop but after learning that there were no crossplay with PS4 users nor fucking local multi I just stopped caring and waited for the videos with the non-ASB characters and the custom interactions.
Fuck, EOH reeks of rushed development, it doesn't even have a training mode.

Bumperino

Don't be a faggot

EoH is literally just fucking naruto games with jojo skin mods. ASB has potential as a fighting kusoge, especially with all the touch of death combos you can do. But overall if you want a good jojo game you can do naught but pray (jojo hftf is also a great kusoge tho)

wow the ps3 recommended list is practically empty, the fucking psp is like twice that size.

That PS3 recommended list is shit.

lurk moar

Christ why does this guy talk so slow?

Well at least the greatest things that EoH and ASB can offer - the character interactions and music - are available on jewtube.

why do you talk so fast???

My bro

Pretty much. As I said, I really hope we get to a point where ASB's assets can be salvaged and repurposed into a 3D Httf.

Exactly.