So why do you use an LCD?

so why do you use an LCD?

To play video games and watch anime

Fuck off.

I think the only reason not to use it is if you're a professional photographer/artist who just needs to get colors right, and even then there are professional LSDs for those specific purposes.
There is no reason not to use one at this point.
I have a bunch of old CRTs of varied quality that I don't need, I probably could sell them to some autists collectioneers but I'm too lazy to bother. Chances are I'll be throwing them away.

"""""""superior""""""""

"""""""superior""""""""

So some cheap shit is bad, wow. More news at eleven.
Did you ever had to deal with cheap CRTs? It's even worse.

lmao

Arguments?

You're the one who started posting faulty and cheap LCDs as arguments.

bring up a black image on your LCD and take a picture of it, show us your black levels if this is just what "cheap shit" does.

Fuck off.

prove it wrong, you have no leg to stand on lcd shill

el oh el

prove that yours is better :^)

Apple is fucking trash for brain dead consumer whore lol.

The burden of proof is one you, since you are the contrarian faggot.

The sound CRTs make hurts my ears. :^)

I've posted proof of how various LCD are absolute garbage. It's up to you to prove to everyone else that this isn't the case. So far, all the evidence is against you, and you've done nothing but deflect like the coward you are.

:^) my ass, it's legit painful.
Cheap CRTs are fucking cancer. At least cheap LSDs won't physically hurt you.

I could get used to it, I had one for most of my childhood, but I don't see it being worth it.

I have both an LCD and CRT dual monitor setup. Why do I have to limit myself to one or the either?

You have proven that some LCD screens are garbage. If you want to make the argument that all LCDs are garbage, then you have to prove that.

you don't, but try telling that to the LCD shills in this thread that are so upset that the reality is LCD is shit for a lot of things.

It's interesting, the moment you point out that CRT is better, they shrink back, recoil and start crying.

Cherrypicking from Google images, sure is fun.

Graphics don't matter to me in the slightest, if it works it works, better if it's cheap.

post your LCD black levels

LCDs are

But then here he comes again
Go buy any range of professional pre-color calibrated LCDs, or just go rent a fucking color calibration tool even though you're not a content producer, you're just a hipster faggot trying to cherrypick any reason to hop on his hipster circlejerk.

Make me.

Because I'm a gay faggot that plays gay retro games on a gay monitor to supress my gay urges.

You're just as cancerous as the people that claim CRT's are the best thing ever

I don't see a reason why people should shill one or the other. Each have pluses and minuses. But I must say, a setup with one CRT and one non-CRT is super comfy.

poorfag
poorfag
weakfag
closetfag

you won't do it because you know how bad it looks.

All I did was do the same thing 753798 did in and

Bump for effortpost OP!

post your own LCD

If you are lighting your entire house with candles, then you are a pleb, OP.

got lost on the way to something awful, have you? Prove it wrong or kill yourself, you failure.

The only thing CRTs are good for are for building home-made arcade cabinets and pre-2002 consoles.

neither are PC peripheral threads, but here we are

Of course this thread is videogames. Get smoked millenials

they don't even recognize wizardry, what a punch of plebes

Another CRT fag.

the examples OP gave were from old games. do you like how old games look when you stretch them?

I have a switch box and hook all my consoles to a TV. currently its an LCD because i just moved and had to abandon a 42" sony wega space heater. cant wait to get it back on a proper CRT. shit like framemeister helps, but i just cant justify that price when it still cant even help an LCD emulate certain effects. also, i can find another nice big CRT TV for a fraction of the price.

This will always be a red flag of a brain dead hipster.

When someone is as gay and obviously baiting as OP, why do you insist on taking the bait?

REMEMBER THAT FILTER ID EXISTS AND IS A SUPERIOR OPTION.
Only fags enjoy interacting with fags.

You are right. Got it.

these games aren't remasters. this is the technology they were designed for so to play them as intended, you need to use the same technology. If you'd rather use something thats more expensive and looks and performs worse, then be my guest.

i guess it seems that way to a young kid that doesn't understand. you probably think land lines are useless too.

stop expecting to be spoonfed

holy fuck nigger. how retarded are you?

Because I care about my Carbon Footprint. CRTs are just plain wasteful!!

because I don't play shitty old games that look horrible

You're the kind of person who turns the computer off when they're not using it, aren't you?

lol

the only reason anyone is talking about CRTs anymore is because of their use with video games. are you against threads about video cards?

not an argument

If living with your parents you may be unaware, but electricity actually costs money.

Enjoy your ruined PC and malware station at night.

Unlike old technology, old memes can be good if not better than modern ones. Old technology pretty much always sucks when compared to new.
Go build your strawmen somewhere else nigger faggot.

this thread is evidence that isn't the case, no one has proven otherwise yet.

Depends on how old. Certain types of old technology are made to last, while newer ones are made to break within a short period of use. I blame the chinks.
European quality used to be top tier. Russian too if you can look past how rough it was.

CRTs are great for color accuracy, black levels, and especially response time, but for large HD screens the technology was at its limits. Take Sony's 34 inch 1080i TVs for example, those suckers weigh nearly 200 pounds.

It was time to move on.

There are post that cherry pick google images just like you did so theres "evidence" to support both claims.

They're not the ones who invented planned obsolescence. You know who did and who push it today.

Your eyes don't work like a camera you troglodyte, LCD's don't actually look that way when you're in front of one.
CRT's are not good for modern games. If you think playing anything made past 2007 on an LCD is a bad idea, unless it was made with a CRT display in mind, you're an idiot.

then why are you using the time tested image board? shouldnt you be on something more modern and better by your standards? like imgur?

To have superior image quality, resolution, framerate, response time and more space on my desktop.

Not an argument
Not an argument
Not an argument
Not an argument

>>>/gasyourself/

Really though, why not just have both?
One for retro shit, one for modern shit.
Problem solved.
Fuck off.

did you get dropped on your head when you were young?

>Saying old technology < new means you cant use 8chin
Go build your retarded strawmen elsewhere.
Last I checked this site didnt run at 1970 technology even though you could be fooled into thinkin so because code monkey fucks shit up from time to time.
I come here for the memes and even by your ridicilous retard argument this site is being updated so its not exactly old tech.

ID:753798
Not a single argument, as expected.
>>>/gasyourself/

You don't even put it in sleep mode?
Your shit is going to have half the lifespan it normally would. Have fun.

Because then we wouldn't have anything to argue about.

Yet it was them who flooded the market with cheap garbage and have no issue working for small change.
The local productions simply couldn't compete with the lower prices.

LCD isnt bad. its just not as good. its more convenient but its not exactly a replacement yet.

The black levels in LCD is noticable unless you dont know any better, why do you think OLEDs are becoming so popular? problem with oled is they currently dont have a reasonable life expectancy, yet. once OLEDs improve, they will replace CRTs for most purposes

nigger, IPv4 was invented in the 70s. just get off the fucking internet. the entire image board format is old tech. CRTs are still being created and sold, by your standards theyre not old tech either.

If we're talking about OLEDs too, then obviously they're the best choice. They have the best of both worlds. Only problem is their price and lifespan. They apparently only last 5-6 years before they crap out.

no, the last manufacturing plants shut down in 2015

Pretty much all the benefits of LCD are factors that have nothing to do with image quality/use.

/thread

After you retard, my whole point was that if its updated it's not old.
Are CRT's in production today improved over the old ones?

they still have lag and scaling issues, and keep in mind it's 5-6 years at half brightness. I don't know about you but I don't run any of my displays at half-brightness except maybe my phone in the dark. Nothing stationary is that dim.

unfortunately 5-6 if youre lucky. many seem to die in 3-4.

i thought panasonic still makes them but theyre insanely expensive. i could be mistaken though. hopefully theres enough in warehouses and garage sales for people to find and use until OLED can surpass its reliability.

0ms response time tho.

im not the one suggesting old tech is bad tech, faggot.
yes, an HD widescreen sony trinitron is improved over a zenith space command.

wait, what? i thought the white levels in OLEDs were fine?

Because LCDs are better for the environment.You may not believe it, but CRTs have become obsolete equipment not only because they look like shit and are expensive, but because it was discovered by scientists that if people kept using them, the emissions and energy usage of CRTs would damage the ozone.

China's existence is several orders of magnitude more harmful to the environment than anything done outside of China in the past fifty years.

I don't think so, and there's massive amounts in storage. I know Ikegami still sells back stock of their HTM-1990R and HTM-1917R professional broadcast monitors - I do know a few videographers and photographers who specifically use these monitors too.

it's the strain on the blue LED that's the issue. At full brightness you'll be lucky to have it last 3 years, at that point you'll be looking at a red/green image until those die off too. It's not a technology that's built to last and TV manufacturers are desperate for another HD boom that results in mass adoption of displays to keep the OLED push financially reasonable.

Sony actually just released a BVM model which, thanks to additional processing, allows for emulation of a proper interlaced signal. It cost 68,000 USD.

Doesn't mean you can shit the place up.

What is your excuse for not driving electric car powered from your own solar installation which also powers your household.

Because software level dithering has been a thing since 2003.

well, atleast its a start.

but i wonder how long before theyre able to make an OLED that can last. do current oleds even let you bypass post processing and bring it down to a true 0ms response time like a CRT?

You can't be THIS retarded, right?