Any good robot games coming out soon?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
tcrf.net/Front_Mission:_Gun_Hazard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Why

Vidya machine broke

One that I am very excited for. Buy on launch day excited for.

SRW V comes out this year.

Gundam Vs PS4 is coming out for the West.

From is making a new AC.

There is that new RTS about Polish WW2 with mech, no news so far.

But it's been out for a few months now?

Not enough computers.

Yes.

Do you have a source for that?
I'd love a new AC, but on the other hand V and
VD were a bit lackluster.

please use archive.ism/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

Ayup.

Miyazaki is back on AC.

The new AC

Gundam VS is on my shitlist because they threw out couch co op. As if bandai making VS and FB use online passes on the PSTriple was bad enough

Split screen on Gundam Vs. Full Boost was a mess of frame rate drops. Even with the PS4's power, it likely could not handle split screen modes.

Because games stopped being developed for people like you and me, almost 2 decades ago.

Still waiting on more info on 13 Sentinels. Hopefully From have learnt what they messed up with V, as well.

There's that Battletech game coming this year.
But it's made by the guys who made Shadowrun Returns.. so, there's that.

HA
NO

NEVER EVER
I was so annoyed that the E3 trailer was practically the same as the last one. Still no gameplay.

Living Legends is already out.

Enjoy MW5 by piranha.

Not gonna lie, it's day 1 pirate.
My hopes for it are pretty low though.

EDF5 later this year. You guys ready to prove Human superiority by exterminating all the bugs?

So is Last Raven working on the emulator yet? Silent Line is okay outside some bugs, but Last Raven still has some serious problems last time I tried.

I'm excited for MAV when it comes out. It's supposed to be a Chromehounds clone, which I never got the opportunity to play before the servers got shut down. The graphics are looking way better than they used to, too though they're still not anything special but whatever. I played a demo of it about a year ago and building mechs and going into skirmishes with them was fun.

Some shilled here for him once, even got the dev over here for some quick questions. I guess the dev wasx scared or something. Its still inEA, does it run well yet? I really liked chrome hound.

I dont think so

Too bad the only big robot games are Gundam and Armored Core, each exclusives tied forever to Playstation up to 4. AC needs to come to PC like Dark Souls did, but AC needs to redesign their gameplay. No more 2 minute missions, low ammo. They need endurance missions that last 30+ minutes, dynamic scenarios within missions (supply drop after 20 minutes 50% success rate based on factors you do to anti-air defense, CO-OP missions increase difficulty/# of enemies). It also needs to be immersive, I want to take my AC from the secret Garage mechanic workshop to the AC-carrying airship and watch it travel to the drop zone.

Also AC2 could have really relied on their orbital station like in the CG scene in this way. Imagine taking a space ship/elevator up the the Mars Orbital station once after 10+ missions for a big mission. Get unique supplies up there, better weps/armor, and watch the AC drop, re-enter the atmosphere and gain a surprise attack on the base. Then you'd have to work your way out to a safe zone to get an Airship or just walk back to a secret Garage point.
Semi-open world, this just would revitalize boring AC missions to me.

I was super excited for PC version of EDF4.1 and was super disappointed by it. Life keeps teaching me to not get hyped for anything.

Kinda sorta.
It will still look like software mode, but will at least have performance if the hardware mode. Coupled with widescreen mode - still overall improvement over original hardware, even if a minor one.
Your gpu does need to support whatever OGL version plugin runs on for that.

What you want is pure cancer mate, I sincerely hope From won't do any of that.
Except for PC version, AC seriously needs to escape prison of console hardware.

I recall the user in the thread telling him he was scared for nothing or something. Maybe Im remembering it wrong.

Judging by the videos it's still got some stuttering issues. Sucks that there's only really the one guy working on it, we'll just have to see if it improves in the future

How was it disappointing?

Shallow, boring, simplistic, grindy, with new weapons being statistically upgraded old ones, pretty bad movement for both characters and vehicles.
The biggest offense were the mechs - super slow, super limited, super boring.
I mean I know it's not a mech focused game, but neither was Lost Planet 2, yet piloting mechs in it was fantastic.

You can call it trash but you provide no reason why it is, or a new idea rather than the stale "click mission text #5, start mission, load, play mission for 2 minutes, finish, repeat"

Would you call Dark Souls trash? I'm merely calling for an open world where you control the AC almost 99% of the time the game is on, rather than getting a GUI in a garage after a mission. It can be implemented well, and you would like it, you don't know what you want until you experience it.

They had the right idea with V and the resupply spots.

I don't know what you were expecting. I enjoyed the shit out of it though.

You answered for him. In regards to V, I never played V/VD, but thought the team combat looked very nice, the fact that there was an actual defense / offense rather than the chaotic mess of 4fa and 4.

I rather liked that they were slow. The Balam feels like a truly huge monster of a machine as it plods around and smashes its fists into things, The Proteus is a motherfucking 40K titan, moving with intimidation and demanding respect as all four players operate its guns to blast the ever-loving fuck out of anything and everything, the Vegaltas vary in speed and serve as mobile heavy weapon platforms, able to rain down enough death to make any imperial guardsman moist, and the Depth Crawler is a cute little shit that skitters around, getting fellow air raiders into prime "Fuck everything and fuck you in particular" position, and providing light fire support for other vehicles.
I am rather burnt out on fast mechs after playing way to much AC4/A back in the day. I much prefer things in the mass produced walking tank category, not quite MW slow and heavy, but not Gundam fast either. Scopedogs and shit are my jam. Needless to say, I enjoy playing Fencer a lot since he fills that hole when he's not dash cancelling.

Reminder that Damascus Gear should have been released on PC this spring, but didn't.
Press F to pay respects.

Is maxi boost out yet? I remember it uses the fucking PS3 architecture

/m/onkey paw strikes again

gundam versus is more of an arcade game than a true mecha game but it's the closest thing on the horizon for a long while

how likely is it that (((bamco))) makes preorder content purchasable?

a moonman was making a 4a clone in unreal that looked promising but he deleted his youtube channel so idk if it's still happening

bombdog seems like an alright guy, he's just not a chanfag considering how the devs who come here usually turn out, maybe that's a good thing

Fuck modern games, let's talk about the old gems.

starting another run of Gun Hazard today, which mecha games are you guys re-playing?

I don't give a shit what anyone says.
This game was fun

Cyberdogs7 is the handle the dev of MAV uses and he is a pretty cool guy.

I was bantzing him.

If you're unfortunate enough to have a twitter join me in nagging him for the next fucking update, he's been fixing the UI to work on all resolutions and adding parts and shit. Or make an account on the site and spam the general forum asking for the next update or something.

tcrf.net/Front_Mission:_Gun_Hazard

I don't think I'll even bother pirating it.

You don't have to. If you can be assed there's a demo. If the demo's not up your alley the game probably isn't, but you can try it without even having to pirate the cunt if you want.

What I meant is that it doesn't look worth the time, let alone money, but whatevs.

i bought it too
it was a big mistake

Would have been better if the mech mode was full on Omega Boost and not mostly a glorified turret.

speaking of which

they need to remake that game.

Oh.

The new Vegalta is UGLY AS SIN

Vegalta with customizable loadouts and paint schemes neverever

Either remake it or make another game similar.

Life is suffering.

You have made the mistake of replying to someone newfag enough to use the word "whatevs".

Has anyone translated the older Custom Robos?

I still miss it.

Gigantic Army is a Valken clone which is probably even better than the original.

That's really what we need. I hate the robotech shit visually, but Mechwarrior-style stompy robots that can't avoid a barrage of missiles just isn't as fun.

Gigantic army disappointed the hell out of me.

Almost a living nightmare.

EA killed that genre so hard that not even the greatest of arch-liches could have any hope of reviving it. At least mecha is actually getting games, good ones too. Or are you some kinda faget that thinks MOBA and tactics games are RTS?

This is off-topic and /clang/ is dead but I need smug Jenny Wakemans please.

filtered

It seems decently active for what it is.

I know of the youtube channel unreal engine game idea that guy was doing as a side hobby. Yep just checked, channel is deleted, rip. He probably moved on. It looked good but finishing a game can't be done alone and going slow as a dev. It was probably a proof of concept that he could do it.

Give me some games like Zone of the Enders

Zone of the Enders 2

fuck off

That's literally the only game

Has anyone playedProject Nimbus? I've been avoiding any and all information about it since it's early access, but watching a video it looks good and I want to know whether or not to look forward to it.

It's basically Ace Combat with a VTOL shaped like a mech. Good music but the story is complete gibberish. Then again, that might have had to do with the fact it was still in EA. I played it half a year ago so it might have changed.

Was not what I was expecting, but welcome anyways

Another Century's Episode is kinda like ZoE.

It hurts.

any info on this like a name or a link?

The only thing the F.E.A.R sequels did right.

I also want an other Zone of the Enders

All I remember it was on Facebook.

What was that kikestarter game that was 2D action with SRW art style?

Was in by the people who made Dragon's Crown?

Someone never actually played Mechwarrior.

No, it was a new asian indie development group. It was a 2D action-platformer, like Assault Suit Valken and Gigantic Army, but with a variety of mechs, multiplayer, and it used the SRW style of SD mech most of the time with more realistic proportions for certain special attack animations. I think one of the backer rewards was a model of one of the mechs.

Pretty trivial to find. Searching "2D Mech Game New" found the kikestarter one, and searching "Vanillaware Mecha" found embed related.

Vanillaware one looks like shit though. Looks like a shitty VN with Highschool aged Protags. Definite pass. It encapsulates literally everything wrong with Japanese media for the last 10 years.

sage for doublepost

Rest in peace hawken. Another unique mech game dead to f2p business model

Even on Tabletop most Battlemechs aren't that slow. Some of them if they were painted blue could be mistaken for Sanic for running so fast and some jump jets give such incredible thrust that they dance round opponents.

Could you be talking about Code Hardcore?

whoops

It was an fps with heavier movement.

Yeah, I already found it.

Is that thing even out yet? After the Greenlight I haven't heard a thing about it, and that was months ago.

Madcat moves what, 75kph? That's pretty quick for 75 tons of armor and fuck your mother grade weaponry.

86kph actually, some even heavier ones can do bursts of 97. There's a few Mediums that can do easily 110+ with some able to do bursts of 150+ and some Lights that do 200+ with bursts of 300+
Quite literally there are some Mechs that run faster than Formula 1 cars.

In mech or plane form?

Mech. LAM's go even faster.

I take it you're not talking about combat drops or some such memery? Like, walking proper?

Mcfucking KILL yourself. The mech was "hold Y to kill everything" mode and every time you aren't the mech you play an incredibly, mind numbingly shit infinite missiles "space shooter" with no radar, super retarded enemy AI and honestly I can't be fucked continuing for another 1000 characters on why the game is shit.

Devs penned it as "a love letter to the space sim genre" and they should all be filed into camps and gassed for that offense. As well as the kikery involved in releasing a "director's cut" for full price without even giving it to the people that bought it originally.

It's hot trash. You move so fast it makes ACFA look like time has stopped, and there's zero sense of scale or threat. You can play the whole game without seeing an enemy, just green boxes that disappear when you shoot your autoaim infinite ammo deus ex I win weapons at them.

Nope, they are running albeit quite a few with MASC.
Fire Moth has a base max speed of 162kph and 216kph with MASC.
There's a Fireball variant with a base speed of 240kph and 400kph with MASC.
There's the Mercury which does 129kph base and 172kph with MASC
And of course the Locust has a version that does 226kph base and 302kph with MASC.
Overall there's actually quite a few more fast running mechs out there not listed. I think there's quite a few mechs that have insane jump range and capability as well but can't name a few off the top of my head.

That kinda reminds me of someone

You know it's not fair to use a unique racing mech as an example in this case.

Doesn't really look like they're picking out the best of the best as incentive to get you buying.

If you say so, but there is a slower version that still retains the MASC and offensive potential that would do well around 250kph.
Point still remains there's a lot of combat mechs here that are still ridiculously fast.

If you're talking about tanks or at least viable IFVs in general and claim some of them can reach certain speed and then you back that up with something show-made from aluminum foil and with a 20w flashlight as the main armament, then yes, I'll call it unfair.

It's also worth mentioning how fireball has a MG array and a SRM-2 without MASC.

It could also theoretically mount it with MASC, instead the MASC version got it's firepower UPGRADED along with armor.

What version is that?

10D
Medium lasers become ER models, it gains a Targetting Computer as well, made possible with Heavy Ferro Fibrous.

EXTREME VS FULL BOOST is still good. you fags should buy it instead

Still nothing wet dreams are made of. For the sake of argument what about Hussar D? Or Blakeist Hussar D?

Oh you dirty bitch :^) You just want everyone to unload their hot PPC loads all over your front don't you?
In serious note, wasn't that a firepower and armor upgrade mainly?

You say that like it's a bad thing. ib4 Duncan Fisher on speed

the mecha genre is shit

t. The Gay Community

Only the weebshit mecha genre a la Gundam.

I've got two words to prove you a faggot. Galaxy Angel.

The fuck is Galaxy Angel? Google is saying it's a weebshit dating sim? What is your argument here?

God, I hate the summer.

You know, you're right. It's perfectly plausible you're a garden variety dipshit pretending to be a summer dipshit and I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

God damn are you ever autistic.

Pathetic

So how about that Slave Zero huh

Let's just make our own mecha game. With waifus. And a dating simulator.
Teenage heroes fight off kaiju in their mechas.

Kys.

There's Ashes of Singularity and Sins of the Solar Empire 2 which is being worked on. There's the new Dawn of War too but I heard it's shit.

Does Battletech count or is it too tanky for this thread? There's a new one being done by the chucklefucks who made the lackluster mobile game Shadowrun Returns.