Super Mario 64 Maker Release

Create your own Mario levels using only your controller!

Download here:
mediafire.com/file/nkr9ssqi6u9dqhz/SM64 Maker.z64

It's easiest to just intuitively feel the controls, every button does something, but if you want special instructions or have issues doing something, you can read this:

Z/R rotate the camera
L+Z/R to zoom camera

A to select an object
Cstick left/right to scroll through objects
Cstick up/down to scroll through objects faster

dpad L/R to switch theme
dpad U/R to switch music

Start to play level

— after selecting an object with A —
stick moves the object

A/B move object up/down
L+B to drop to ground

Cstick L/R scrolls through objects
Cstick U/D scrolls throug object types

L+Cstick L/R determines object properties

Dpad U/D scales object Y axis
press L+dpad U/D to scale object X+Z axis

Dpad L/R to rotate the object on Y axis
press L+Dpad L/R to rotate the object on the X axis

Start to go back to menu 1

I just realized this is a rom hack, therefore this probably doesn't deserve its own thread. I should have posted this here:

This is by far the best ROM hack

Does Nintendo know about this? Isn't this theft?

lol, intellectual property is hilarious. As if ideas can be owned - classic kikes!

Looks neat

No, this by far deserves its own thread. It's not really something that fits into an emulation general anyway.

Checkmate, Henry.

Nintendo should pay the creators of this to make a 3D mario maker.

Grant Kirkhope looks happy as shit

PAY U? US??! PAY!?!?!?!? U?!?!?! NONSENSE DUMB DUMMY GAIJIN, WE NO PAY U, YOU PAY /US/. WE GIVE DMCA 2 U QUICK DEN SUE. BE GRATEFUR WE GIVE U DMCA, THAT IS ATTENTION 4 U, WE VERY BUSY, SO APPRECIATE PERSONAR ATTENTION FROM RAWYERS. NOW STAP MAKING BETTER GAME THAN US, ONRY WE MAKE GAME, GAME IS OURS, MONEY FOR US, NOT YOU. WHAAAAT? YOU NO MAKE MONEY FROM GAEM? YOU NO SAY IT YOURS? ME NOT CARE, HE NOT CARE, WE NOT CARE, IWATA CORPSE NOT CARE. YOU STIRR GET DMCA FAK U, FANS DEFEND ME! HAHAHAH. ROSER! YOU NO DO NOTHING. DA RAW ON OUR SIDE, FANBOYS ON OURR SIDE. ARR ON OUR SIDE. WE WIN ERRY TIEM, YOU ARE STUPID!! YOU STUPID STUPID!!!!

NOW EXCUSE ME, I HAVE MOAR "GAMES" TO FINISH WITH EGGSTRRA AMIIBO.

Can you make a level in 1/2 of an "A" press?

We'll have to ask Pana

That'd be great if I could be bothered to do anything with it

Kaze Emanuar is a fucking madman. Besides this editor, he's made:
A total conversion hack with custom powerups
A neat little hack with levels inspired by DK64 and with new moves
Play through SM64 as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina or Toad, each one playing differently
Let's you throw your hat into ANYTHING and control it (blocks, hazards, enemies). It even has a 2 player variant

Too bad Last Impact was bad.

He also made this, so at least he has some sense of humor

Last Impact was such a letdown
nothing beats Star Road

what kind of fucking moron thought "let's just slap in a super mario 64 maker" on the n64 without realizing the fucking consequences, you could've made some shitty homebrew on the wii u or 3ds, but this is a fucking crime aganist the heavens.

There are some people asking the guy to include his custom textures and powerups into Super Mario 64 Maker, that could be quite noice

classic kike

I'm really excited to see what people will make.

You technically can't. It's a social construct. It's based in law, but not reality.
If someone else takes your work, and avoids the law, they can morph your work into something completely different.
See; Pepe the Frog.

But property is a spook.

You're a spook.

History in the making, can't wait to see some autistic maps. A big question is if it can change backgrounds, like the lava bowser background it was on. And if you can add ground terrain, instead of objects.

but that's wrong.
People can steal your work, or take peices of it, but you still can own a work. Even without laws protecting them, people protect their shit. If I protect my original character and shoot anyone who makes fanart of them does that make them any less real then protecting my property?
Whether I use laws or brawn I own what I'm currently protecting.
As with physical shit you own you can own work. Laws and technicalities be damned.

So we can reach parallel universes? Good.

Fuck those gay ass generals. Generals are where content goes to die.

As much fun as I think it would be to make levels, doing so is too autistic for me.
This is stupid. It should not be mixed and matched it the way it is. Having U/D scale the X+Z axis and L/R rotate the X axis is retarded and unintuitive. It should be
It should a have scaling mode and a rotation mode. Not this weird half and half where the secondary mode makes no intuitive sense. Also many objects and secondary object types are not rendering for me. I'm using ParaLLEI 64 through Retroarch 1.5. Anyone else have this problem?

How do you even place objects? Best I can figure out is to switch between edit modes which jumps the camera to a different part of the level and is a giant pain in the ass. I tried every button and button combination I could think of and still can't find any easy way to just drop shit down.

To place, an object press start, then use the C stick to scroll to another empty object slot.

That's what I was doing. I guess there is no easier way then, that sucks but I understand the tech limitations this is under.

it physically exists as low and high e;ectric emitting emitting silicone chips

it doesnt exist in a tangible level unlike a can of coca cola