Last game you beat

What's the last game you beat, and what did you think of it? You have been playing video games, haven't you user? I just beat Grandia the other day. It was a hell of a fun time, but it was noticeably flawed.
Pros:
>a fun and unique battle and skill system that lets you steamroll enemies if you actually read the instruction manual know what you're doing
Cons:
The pros really did outweigh the cons, but I'm hoping the second one is a bit better.

This used to be a feature, in fact if you ever come across the cd case of the game, it says it, and also proudly boasts having lots of video cutscenes.
Remember FFVIII minute long summon attacks? kind of on the same vibe

I could swear those are skippable.

I was gonna say thank God that games aren't doing that shit anymore until I realized that I haven't actually played any JRPGs made in the last 10 years Hylics doesn't count, so I can't say that with certainty.
Not as bad as FFX's 3-5 minute ones. Those were a nightmare to sit through.

Last night I beat (to) Amazon Brawl.

Major Peenus gives it a 8/10

I played which is a good game that I will plug here as well. Call the cops I don't care.

digimon next order

Pros:

Cons:

still got 120 hours out of it because as easy as it is, its still a great game.

I replayed system shock 2 for the 6th time.
Bad:
Good:

Finished Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey about a week back, though I'll probably reload my save and fuse a bunch of demons and beat the final boss again if I feel like it.
Pros:
Cons:
Overall I thought the game was excellent, though there was some annoyances. As a side note, a lot of people talk up the difficulty of the game, but I found it to be pretty easy.

The difficulty is pretty much just from the status attacks the bosses use. Nobody every remembers the Nerve/Mind distinction for ailments so always end up wearing the wrong shit.

If you want their attack power to be completely gimped, sure.

.>>13049876
As if it matters. The game is shit easy.

Beat Dark Souls 2 yesterday.
Good build variety, most if not all weapons are viable.
Still managed to get some co-op and pvp in, still the best in the series.
The DLC's were on point, IMO. They weren't on a level of an Artorias of the Abyss or an Old Hunters but they served their purpose and had some memorable bosses.
Hoo, boy. Here we go
1.the slow healing was a pain in the ass
2.I always thought that the overuse of the "Guy in Armor" boss was just a meme, boy was I wrong.
3.Soul Memory makes farming impossible without Ascetics, and even then ascetics kick you up to NG+ level and throw off your runs.
4.Shrine of Amana is still busted beyond all belief inb4 get gud
5.Even after being nerfed to hell and back, hexes and dark magic can still demolish most enemies in 2-3 hits. Even dark enemies are weak to their own element.
Long story short, most criticisms that were leveled at Two on its release and lifespan still apply. Of all the Fromsoft Souls games I rank 2 below Demon's and Dark One, but above Dark Three. If only because Two tried to be its own thing rather than a copy of the first game.

what do you mean when you say shrine of amana is busted?

Shit taste.

I hope you don't rank DMC2 over DMC3 because DMC3 tries to be the first game i.e. good.

BB > DaS1 > DaS3 > Shit > DaS2
I haven't played DeS because my PS3 broke and I never bought a new one.

Gunvolt 2. It was a pretty decent Mega Man clone. 7/10.

The fucking angel boss in the chaos route spams fucking insta death on you. I grinded to 70+ and couldn't beat her and gave up on the game.

Its not even right because DaS2 is a direct copy of the first game in terms of lore to setting. DS1 was doing something different, DaS2 is DMC2 tier laziness in terms of design.

The official Souls ranking goes like this

Des DaS1 BB > mild powergap > DaS3 > huge powergap > DaS2

You can argue on what rank DeS, DaS1 or BB are, and which of those games are the strongest and the weakest, but they are all better than DaS3, which is far, FAR ahead of DaS2, which is garbage.

Legend of grimrock 2
Pros nice new environments
clever dungeon design
the only damn dungeon crawler on the market

Cons magic sucks with hardly any spells and the rune system is just a fancy way of selecting your spell unlike something like dungeon master

Most of the classes play optimally counter-intuitive to what you'd think for that race/class. Think a minotaur barbarian should be swinging around a giant axe? Fuck you like guns? fuck you.

I beat this two days ago. It was a very cryptic and sometimes borderline ruthless game (Fucking Gate of Illusion ruined my blind walkthrough as i had to look up how to progress). But on the bright side solving each puzzle gave me immense joy i hadn't felt for so long. And it has great music to go with it too.

That's LA-MULANA for you, for me it was the part where you had to go inside a pot and do other thing in order to hit some gears or something like that. I found the pot no problem but couldn't find the other thing for days. The accidentally triggered hardmode didn't help me look for it either, that thing sucked about the game, I didn't even get the hard bosses achievments because I activated it only after killing the first boss, wtf is this design.

Pathetic.

Mercenary Kings, the worst piece of shit I have ever had the misfortune to play.

stella glow
it was okay at best
no idea why it was so big when it came out

People were mad about Fire Emblem Fates being completely fucked and Stella Glow was another SRPG on the same system that came out at the right time. It's a comfy game if you like the genre.

Hilda is retarded, cowtits ninja best girl.

just went senile
Nonoka a qt indeed
Popo the best, though

This is why I refuse to play past DaS1
Already spent enough of my life getting platinum in DeS & DaS1.

Decided to rediscover some childhood titles, with pic related Rodland. Nice little arcade title not too complex, with ladders in place of jumping so moving around is a little different. Maybe a little short still, but fun nonetheless

Can't just play DaS1 forever m8.

The US version of this.
Pros:
It's a great game.
Cons:
It has some weaknesses.

Just look up some review of it.

Beat EU4, or near enough.

Fallout NV, Jesus run. Was pretty boring.
Gonna re-roll a courier, do a Hitler run and only use an incinerator.

Nice blob faglord

Thats Emperor faglord to you, nigger.

On a serious note what is the appeal of even playing like that? It's so half assed. It's too far beyond the autism of creating nice/historical borders and not nearly close to world conquest. It's always seemed like a very dull middle ground that sees the player as the unrivaled superpower of the world without the challenge of actually owning/fighting the entire world at once.
And I'm not trying to say "lol git gud wc or ur casul" because I do like to play casually myself wherein I try to achieve some sort of historical or realistically feasible goal, dominate trade, building tall, etc. I just dont understand the appeal of the half assed blob at all

I start out trying to keep to a certain goal, then the urge to conquer overwhelms me. I've no idea why. I was going to conquer the world but now it consists of large scale wars between myself, ming, russia and a few smaller indian nations and then a ten year truce. I enjoy the beginning then burn out on it.

Fair enough

Beat metroid prime for the first time the other week, haven't played much since then.
Pros:
Cons:

Overall it's fucking good though, I can understand why its so well received.

Beyond: Two Souls. I finished it solely because it was the last of Cage's """trilogy""" of cinematic turds, ignoring his upcoming title and Omrikon.

Pros:

Cons:

took me 20 hours to 100% for the first time would have cut atleast 4 hours if i could have found that fucking page in grunty industries inside the one fucking window i didnt check

I finished mega man 2 yesterday. I got a bit confused at the very end of Wily's castle with the alien simulation of Wily. The only thing that was annoying in the game was that laser system that only got hurt by crash man's weapon.

Replayed and beat black & white 2 again over the weekend. It's not great but I love building big beautiful cities, with giant monster proof walls topped with archers with gates guarded by my giant cow.
When your city becomes impressive enough other cities will migrate to it. Once they get there you can accept or decline so this play through I declined them with a fireball miracle or in early game, a giant rock.

Hollow Knight, 100% on no death mode

I can't understand why they didn't do the dual analog thing with the C-stick for camera. What did the C-stick do in that game? I've only played the Wii version with the better controls.

yup that boss is known for being a fuck, what difficulty?

Played Fable: Anniveersary.
Pros:
Cons:

Oh god, I remember that fucking train wreck. What kind of fucking dipshit editor does Cage have that he left in a fucking chinese underwater ghost base. How does anyone greenlight that script? What ungodly things were cut out?

C-stick was for swapping between the different beams. D-pad was for swapping different visions.

Fuck it has been months since I beat any game.
I guess my last one was the first Dark Souls, I really liked it. Didn't know anything about it so I enjoyed it but missed a lot of stuff the first time.
I didn't find it hard at all, beat every boss (except Taurus) with the halberd, it's a cool weapon but I guess there are far better ones, just died some times to a couple of them but a lot of them (including Gwyn) I defeated in my first try.
After I told some guys on the internet that I thought the game wasn't that hard they starting to sperg out about how I probably used heavy armor (I didn't) or was over leveled (is 80 too much?). I don't know, I had a good time nonetheless.

I can't remember

The Jinjo in Wumba's tent on the last level is what drove me to a guide.

It's got to be the same editor that could tolerate Cage in the first place, so it's not too shocking. It seems like his games always sell a million, so Sony keeps handing him exclusive money. You also have to remember the publisher helping to bankroll him also said Ghostbusters 2016 was a good idea. What was the dumbest part for you? I gave up for a solid two months after the homeless chapter.

In concept, the underwater base. Why are you infiltrating it? Because we can't let them chinks have a portal to the spirit realm or whatever the fuck for… What reason? The fucking ghosts are completely hostile to fucking everyone, and you need a fuckhuge gateway to open a portal, so you can't put them on bombs or some portable device. What, are they going to kidnap some navajos and stick them in a bomb?
In execution, the training montage. Hold A to do calculus!

I guess it was so they didn't have ghost shields or whatever the CIA was developing, but it's still dumb as shit. It would be like both countries threatening each other with airborne Ebola. That fucking ending with the CIA having another portal backfiring was icing on the shit cake.

I just finished The Witcher 2 in Polish with English subtitles

PROS
- Better combat than the first one. Projectile weapons are fun and the swordplay requires some concentration on higher difficulties
- Looks really nice if you have a good video card
- Does a good job with "gray morality" in the sense that nobody's really cartoonishly good or evil
- Choices have consequences

CONS
- Alcohol base somehow no longer required to mix potions
- Level caps out at 35.
- Many abilities in the skill tree have two levels, so if you max out more than a couple of early skills you can't get very deep in the skill tree
- It felt a little bit short for my liking
- A lot of the potions weren't very useful; I ended up mostly only using Swallow, Rook and Tawny Owl

IGN 9/10 it's OK.

Deus ex mankind divided.
Pretty fun, some balance issues, and starved of content.

Zelda Breath of the Wild
Pretty damn good, probably the best Zelda game when you take off nostalgia goggles. Weapons are now consumables since they break down, so you're always forced to explore & fight for more. I've always got treasure chests searchable in my shiekah sensor, and there are HUNDREDS of chests everywhere in the game that make you really go through every nook & cranny to get to.
Cons
Story could be better. I get that Link is essentially meant to always be a blank slate (he was even named Link since he's supposed to link the player to the world). So instead the story was focused on Zelda's struggle & growth. Not especially deep but it was nuanced in a night way. There's so much stuff everywhere that with my compulsion to collect everything I see, I'm taking forever to get through the game.

Also played Blaster Master Zero. The best version of Blaster Master I've ever played, and they've made a few. Whole extra chapter, extra characters, jammed couch co-op 2 player mode in there, nearly every cave has something to collect, extra weapons & vehicles, more art & story.
Cons - I don't especially like the retro 8-bit look, but it is done well. At the end of the day, it is a remake of an old NES game so it does feel dated. Some of the music in the older version was superior too.

I actually can't remember the last game I beat from start to finish. I always start something, but then go back to muh multiplayer FPS shooters.

I need to start enjoying more single player experiences.

Blaster Master Zero is completely devoid of any challenge.

Are you the OP from a previous thread, who asked for games with a sense of adventures, and from the recommendations, decided to try Grandia?

This is the last game I beat as in finished the main story and got the ship I always wanted.
Pros:

Cons:

All in all, I liked the game, and would like to see a sequel that expands on the base game.

Forgot pic.

I just beat this a little while ago. I can't remember a less satisfying game.

Nope, but I did make a thread like a month or two ago asking when the game was gonna pick up, since I was 10 hours in and I felt that the plot was dragging it's feet.

While I have been playing games I think the last one I finished is still NieR Automata from a few months back.

Pros:

Cons:

Still, definitely my favorite game this year, as marred as it may be by that combat.

Mark of the Ninja

Pros:

Cons:

Metro 2033 redux

pros:

Cons:

Good times in the metro, its my comfy game rn because I fucked up all my stalker installs.
I can't for the life of me get my pirated copy of the original 2033 release to work for the fucking life of me. And I can't buy it anywhere. I Need to play it. Even though the redux is cool and everything its just not the same.

normalI should have picked the harder difficulty because all the bosses went down pretty quickly with just the buster shot outside of the boss rush at the end

Just finished getting 100% on Advance Guardian Heroes today.

Pros:

Tons of frantic action
Nice scaling and difficulty
Plenty of fun and satisfying attacks and defensive maneuvers alike that can fit on a GBA
OST has memorable composition
Multiple unlockable characters

Cons:

On the short side, so you can't select parts of the stages or switch characters in Story Mode without starting a new game
The amount of action and sprites on screen takes a toll on the framerate
Translation is poor

Fun little beat em up on my SP and I enjoyed countering and blowing the fuck out of enemies in it. Makes me want Sega to get Treasure to port the Guardian Heroes HD Remaster.