The End is Nigh Thread

Games been out for a couple days now. What are some thoughts? How far have you gotten? What are your favorite and least favorite mechanics? How do you like the tight controls?

Just finished putting the friend together and I'm working on cleaning up the past before I move on to the future. Also beat all the iron carts except for acceptance. Don't know when I'll get around to that. Not bad so far though, definitely a decent challenge.

it's already out?

Ya it came out the 12th. There wasn't a lot of build up too it. Apparently because Edmund didn't want to start announcing release dates until he knew for sure it was going to be finished.

No mewgenics - no shekels Edmund.
GTFO.

Moar liek ==SHITTY game==
Seriously, fuck Edmund for making a shitty remakes with shittier music.

funny because the game is aids.

from what ive seen hes the main character voice

Never even heard of this shit game. What the fuck is it all about?

supermeatboy wannabe SOO HARD XD

God this shit is good. It is scratching an itch I had no idea I had.
This fucking tunnel. I got all the way to the game cartridge and finished it but it consumed over 200 of my fucking tumors and lost the rest trying to finish the blight, so now I'm on break.
Corners/hooks and corrosive shit respectively.
I fucking love the controls but for fucks sake hitting the hooks is goddamn tight sometimes it drives me insane. Also the difficulty curve seems all over the place, but then again you're clearly supposed to explore.

I have yet to beat any goddamn carts and I don't know when I'll get to it. The future is really pushing me to my limit already.

Hard, one-hit-kill, short level based platformers are dime a dozen nowadays. What does this game have that justifies going back to the SMB formula instead of something more creative ?

it has Juicy Shaq Meat guy

this. wtf is this nigga brining out another meat boy game for. we want mewgenics

cancelled
hehe

First time I hear about this shit game.
Give me 3 reasons to bother pirating it

Seems interesting, bot not worth 15 bucks.
I'll probably wait until it can be found for cheap.

It's Super Meat Boy 2.
Good gameplay and a shitton of levels.
Pirating is free.

Can you name five of those from the past five years excluding TEiN? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is N++.
First off it's not really level based. Screens are interconnected and there's plenty to look for off the linear path, so there's a greater focus on exploration than simply getting from point A to point B. There's also a far greater variety of movement changing mechanics like water and ledge/hook grabbing as well as returning mechanics like conveyors. The only thing that has been scrapped since Meat Boy as far as I can tell is wall jumping.
I think the individual screens play much more like an oldschool platformer in that TEiN feels far more like SMB3 or World, and much much more fluid compared to Meat Boy with lots of opportunities to chain momentum in creative ways.
Finally I personally really enjoy the style and music in the game, and I've always been a fan of McMillen's humor.
Overall I think it's a really well designed platformer with tons of bonuses, secrets, and tough challenges that just rubs me the right way.

summed it up pretty nicely.

I'm about half way through the future. I'm glad I went back and got all the tumors before starting it. The iron carts seem hard at first but they're not that bad. Haven't put much into the ones that have coins. The carts that make you go through everything in one go just seem ridiculous.

If you're in the mood for a platformer. Wouldn't bother otherwise.

Less fun meatboy
And if I were a cynic I'd say I've seen some of these levels on Super Meat World.