Some people call Sonic Mania the long lost Saturn Sonic game...

Some people call Sonic Mania the long lost Saturn Sonic game, however notice how the minimum requirements make it much more demanding than a Saturn and a Dreamcast game since it requires 2GB of RAM, a Pentium 4 1.6GHz quad core CPU and a DirectX 9 GPU, it also requires Windows 7 rather than Windows 98 or XP,. I feel it while it won't have any issues running on any modern PC, some of the folks who were hoping for an unofficial Dreamcast/Saturn port will be left in the dust. I'm slightly disappointed about it, but I'll live. Anyway here's a full list of the minimum spec required for Sonic Mania.

Processor: Pentium 4 1.6GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card 32MB
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 400MB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

and here's my source
seganerds.com/2017/07/15/sonic-mania-pc-requirements-revealed-on-steam/

fix

Some autist will probably demake it or optimize it to make it runnable on a fucking Amiga or some shit in 3 years. I can't imagine the reqs are the result of anything other than bloat or just not really giving a shit since even fucking BR's have these specs now.

Well of course, I doubt they wanted to optimize the game since there isn't a need to optimize it, still I would've liked to have seen a straight forward port to sega hardware.

Oh boy another Sonic Mania thread

Well it's not so much about Sonic Mania, but rather the possibility and/or grief of it not being able to run on the Saturn or Dreamcast.

Ok?

user I normally wouldn't feel bad saying this but… who cares? I was always under the impression that Mania was just a less autistic version of the romhack Taxman and the funky bunch were working on, the fuck is this about long lost Sonic Saturn?

sage isn't a downvote btw

It's not a major thing, but I'm still slightly disappointed.

Maybe that's the lowest system spec they tested it on, who knows.

Wait really? well then there might be hope.

Indeed iirc, the "lowest specs" are just the least powerful hardware devs have laying around.

Sage is for not bumping threads that shouldn't exist you cretin. This easily could've been one post in the ongoing Sonic Mania thread about specs. It's like making a new Splatoon thread about the file size or another Castlevania thread specifically about the music.

counter sage :>)

the 2gb requirement is all windows fault, you cannot install windows 7 without 2gb of ram.

What I'm seeing here are bumfuck minimum requirements to run Windows.

oh shit, you're right.

Release it already. What the fuck are you waiting for?

Funny because I installed Windows 7 on a PC with only 512MB of RAM. They recommend you to have 2GB, but you don't need it.

after doing a bit of research, you can go low but doesn't windows end up using your hard drive as ram?