ITT: The games youngfags will be shocked to learn existed

ITT: The games youngfags will be shocked to learn existed

Infiniminer

delete this

Come on we all know Imagine was superior, Maybe once atlus gets over their purse owner fetish they will make a sequel to Imagine.

They have been eyeing the console mmo space for a while

I think I played that back in '08. Was pretty comfy even though I had no idea what was going on. Never made it out of the main area with the demons crawling around the black land(?) area

The post apocalyptic tokyo setting was good, nowadays in online multiplayer God Eater is the only option for that.

Define young
Because I remember playing this.

18 year olds today were 9 when it came out.

Did you know that Mario actually had his own officially developed lightgun game for the SNES? Did you also know that you can shoot Yoshi in it?

God Eater does look similar and I'll eventually pick it up. Right now I'm playing the first MegaTen on an emulator on my PSP (Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei). It's not bad but it definitely doesn't have the same atmosphere (or much of any coherent atmosphere for that matter).

Was Imagine even good?

It was free to play before lockboxes so hit and miss. But it was online chunnibyou as fuck megaten OC create a character.

It was autistic, but fun autistic.

God eater isn't like any SMT game, it's a more action oriented Monster Hunter, be warned though while the PC version comes with both GE2RB and GER bundled together cheaper then consoles it also has denuvo.
Imagine was a fun game the only real complaint was the battle system was a bit to easy when compared to previous SMT games, unfortunately the Japanese and western servers shut down last year so unless someone made a private server you will never play it.

Never tried it but there is one, maybe Holla Forums's multiplayer megaten autism can happen one day.

i heard there was a private server coming up any new on that?

Not yet. atm if you wanna play it, the only option are the taiwanase servers if i'm not mistaken.

Some of them are already surprised that the Fallout series didn't start with 3.
Though this reminds me of a very short story
Also please keep in mind, that neither of us had internet back then.

it was an awful pay2win "themepark" grinder with massive ping. it had nothing related to "raising" your demon and taking care of it.

dont lie out your ass like that, IMAGINE sucked and rightfully died because of that.

i was talking more about having two demons following you that you can evolve and upgrade like next order.

Fuck

i sure love rubberbanding all over the fucking map at 0.5km/h and farm for 10 hours just to get ONE item that lets me register a fucking demon in the compendium. better pay for those AeriaPoints™ goy!

fuck imagine. they just made a shitty cashgrab pay2win "themepark" that was a classic staple of the death of MMOs in the 00's and put a paintcoat of shin megami tensei on it.

it wasn't good
it wasn't fun
it wasn't innovative
it sucked and you played because you liked the paintjob on it.

did you only play it after the shitty revamp?

Only thing I can think of is the fact that Mega Man Soccer and Mega Man Power battles exists. Power Battles even had a sequel.

pretty sure i played it near launch.

Too bad they turned imagine into p2w garbage

I laughed.

it always was p2w garbage.

you just didn't realize at first because you were low level and having fake-fun.

You can just say having fun before you hit the pay2win mechanics making the game a slog.

I know user, what I meant was they decided to make it that way, because I think originally it was going to be completely f2p, I may be thinking of a different game though.

And no, I never had fun with Imagine.

I remember playing on the JP server all the way up to its termination. Was definitely more fun there than at Aeria or Marvelous.

So many hours spent in that game. I got to the point where I could solo all content except the Shadow Coliseum and Holy Spirit Satan. I could hold my own and wasn't dead weight in the Shadow Coliseum, but only the most cash of the cash players had even a chance against Holy Spirit Satan.

hah, good one. and Star Citizen will be the best game ever right?

and the first line of cocaine is always "on the house". thats how they get you.

What the fuck has SC to do with imagine? Granted it was dumb to think they wouldn't put a pay-wall somewhere but it was like ten years ago, I was young and not that used to jewish trickery.
I didn't spend a dime on the game if that's what bothering you.

Oldfags might be shocked to know there was a Wizardry MMO. It was a busted piece of shit and Fun as all heck.

Too bad there's no server emulator for it.

The youngfags will never understand the joy of taking a virtual piss on an enemy you recently killed while having a cool one liner coming from your character.

Btw, Duke Nukem Forever is a fun game. And the piss-ants who criticized it into the SJW's later on.

MUDs.

sounds like you're just an edgy moron who'd enjoy shit games like postal.

Why is postal shit?
I've never gotten around to playing it. But everything I've heard is either praise or hate from it being 'le edgy kid simulator.'

weebs were always casual faggots, they started this cinematic gaming bullshit

Just retards, postal 1 is a top down shooter while postal 2 is a FPS. IT doesnt take itself seriously at all, faggots calling it edgy probably think kill la kill is edgy too.

no, kill la kill is just shit.

postal is edgy.

Could call postal 1 edgy I suppose

Postal never took itself seriously. Only retards that never played the games keep making shit up.

And not a single argument was had that day. I'll just assume postal 2 is a good game and you're just a pissbaby, unless of course, you provide sound reasoning for your original statement.

Edgy isn't "media involving anything even remotely dark" it's more like middle/upper class teenage kid who has never actually suffered in his life dressing in all black and reciting gothic poetry he found on the internet. It's a failed juvenile attempt at darker subject matter, not a codeword for you to express being offended. Postal 1 was a properly done dark game, the soundtrack, the aesthetic and the writing were all a perfect fit, the gameplay sorely needed proper mouse aim though. Postal 2 wasn't edgy either, it was more black humor, trashy and gorey slapstick.

Thank god for the remake, which is a good remake at that.

I remember playing this and really liking it, but I stopped since it felt like I wasn't as strong as the players that formed groups with others. I usually went alone with my demon.

Tell me your fucking secret. I've got 30 minutes logged into game and it's never made it to the title screen.
I've had better luck running Hatred on ultra, on a 2gb gpu than I did getting Postal Redux to run on a 16gb/gtx1080 machine – at least the slavs that made postal 3 made sure it could fucking run. RWS can't even reassure me what the problem is.