Windows 10 for gaming

I'm thinking about upgrading to a new PC, but all of the decent systems I'm seeing around seem to be running Windows 10. Is Windows 10 any good for gaming or would I be better buying an older PC running 7 or 8, even if it is more difficult to find one with decent specs?

Does anyone on here use Windows 10 at all, what's your experiences with it? Is it still shit, like people said?

Other urls found in this thread:

oo-software.com/en/shutup10
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Prerequisites
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/PCI_passthrough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sage goes in the email field

Build your own, faget

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

Yes, user. Windows 10 has a consistent 50%+ boost in any game running any DirectX version, as well as being probably the safest and cheapest bet. Ignore all the anons who are gonna call you a shill or Will post the "privacy" infographics and webms. Windows 10 is fine.

Enjoy being spied on and shitty features.

Who the fuck buys operating systems, nigger?

Thanks user, probably should've known better than to ask here.

Leave and never come back faggot

You pretty much have to update at some point. Just off of pure Windows doesn't support older versions of their OS and people are figuring new exploits in their security.
Windows 10 itself, it isn't good. It isn't bad. It's different. I felt the same about 7 after XP, you'll get used to it.

What did you expect faggot?

>>>/reddit/ and stay out

Nice contribution there Don (((Matrick)))

I wholeheartedly agree, my fellow independant Windows PC™ user.

not that you have any other options now

Is a 50% boost in performance worth letting M$ spy on what you do? Windows 10 has known issues with older games as well, so unless you want to be stuck with modern shit only you really shouldn't bother with W10.

Kill yourself you braindead piece of shit.

GAS THE KIKES , RACE WAR NOW
Mark you get the chamber last

Pirate Enterprise, KMSPico it and spend a day tweaking it to your particular specifications.

It can even be fun! Well autistic fun anyway. Contrary to what MS wants people to believe win10 is a lot like win7. Just exorcise it.

There's too much to exocise, it'd be faster to create a whitelist on your router and letting traffic go only to the places you're interested in.

No fuck that. It doesn't matter what the fuck filters and AV you have you get a trojan. Windows 10 is shit and so is the 'software' on it.

It plays with you so technically yeah.

Weather it is shit or not is not the point, it is purest cancer openly spying on you. *That's* why you don't want it.

Torrent a Win7 OS install and turn half it's shit off oh and build the computer yourself ffs, all pre-mades are rip-offs and you're not in control of what's on there and even less so with Win10, no game needs it.

You should already know this.

There's no escaping it, every once in a while i'll end up using it to play some multiplayer game, hats off to those who are fine playing single player games forever, wish i could be like you.

Windows 10 doesn't work with old games. Played Geneforge on 8.1 and during the final days of this "Free download windows 10, hurry!", I was so tempted to try and test it. In which then the game started to lag as hell and I reversed the process. It's shit in every possible aspect. A trojan horse system which monitors your every actions.

oo-software.com/en/shutup10

No, the privacy isn't fine. That's why software exists to stop that unnecessary and excessive use of bandwidth.

See:

ACTUAL ANSWER TO OP'S QUESTION:
A (now ex) friend of mine memed me into upgrading Win 10 about a year ago. I had incredible problems with my Disk drive for about half a year because Win 10 kept using 100% of my disk. This only ended when I bought an SSD and put Win 10 on there. This shit Operating System forced me to buy a fucking Hard Drive. Don't fall for Win 10 it has no advantages and all the DX12 Win 10 games are shit anyway.

I want summer to go and stay go.

Couple things can cause this.
1. You didn't disable all the spyware that comes with Win10
2. Driver conflict
3. Combination of both

4. (If you're really retarded) A virus or other spyware

As someone who has no choice but to use Win10 since it came free with my PC, how do I fucking stop that auto-minimize that randomly happens every few min? I tried disabling the office notification and other startup shit but it seems to keep on happening.

This.

Win7 is great. It broke compatibility with older games but you can always dosbox or what not to run them

Win10 CANT EVEN RUN MODERN GAMES WITHOUT ISSUES BECAUSE OTS THAT BAD

How does one go about uninstalling Windows 10 and installing Windows 7?

How does one pirate Windows 7?

The only reason I have windows as a home computer is for games that I like to play and aren't already on my laptop, which runs linux. If/when Linux is able to run any game windows can I'll go to Linux full time, with no regrets.

Win7 if anything has better compatibility with games than its predecessor Vista, and now 8 and 10 have broken it all over again. And those dosbox games were always broken on Windows OSes since MS took over home computers with Win95.

win10 is pretty comfy but the nicest way to run it is in a virtual machine with its own GPU. You can also use this for older versions.

every time

probably because it kept trying to index all of your animu pictures.

*nods Menorah in your direction*
Shalom, my fellow Abrahamic friend !

OP, here is what you do:
- Download a pirate version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.
That's it. It's Win10 but without faggotry, designed for Enterprise system administrators who don't want or need Cortana/Windows Store/(((features))) on their machines.

Also where the fuck are you buying your pre-built PCs? Please tell me it's not Best Buy or Alienware shit.

Can't you just do the same shit with pro? like I have

Just wait for ReactOS and upgrade when that is done.

I use win 10 in virtualbox, how do i gpu passthrough though? It chuggs when when running low spec fap games

Bad
Worse

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#Prerequisites

It can be a bit complicated depending on your setup. First you need to make sure you have compatible hardware. Personally I use QEMU/KVM but I've also used it with Xen and there are other options.

Let's begin with INSTALL GENTOO
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/PCI_passthrough

also note that the part about needing a UEFI GPU only applies to one method. I've used also used it successfully with a GTX 460 using a couple of kernel patches.

yeah, i have it on a work machine, and it's fucking cancer. but i put exactly zero of my personal life on that machine and it's not like i paid a cent for it. that's the only situation under which you should tolerate win10 for even a second.

You deserve the botnet that comes installed on it.

By Brian Fagioli

This.

I'll take blatant lies for $1000, Alex.

…Aaand you're a shill.

Hey look another shill thread.

Eventually I'll have to upgrade, specially if I want a new workstation pc, but I'll keep using windows 7 until my current build dies. The issue I have with windows 10 is it's too simple, when a problem arises it's hard to troubleshoot because many options are either removed or simplified up to a on/off slider. There's also the issue of sending a million gigabytes of data per second to microdick every time there's a key press, which is a pain when you need fast internet or when you need system resources.

Thanks Holla Forums

bump

you reek of desperation and cuckoldry

>All these (1)s with eventually I'll have to upgrade
Eventually I'll have to upgrade the hardware, the Windows OS can go fuck itself

Is this supposed to be some kind of reverse psychology Linux thread?

No, summerfag. This thread is an example of what M$'s poo in loo workforce do to shill the botnet.

No they don't make threads like this, what people do is ask how much you can actually rip out the bad stuff from win10 if a hardware thread pops up.

It is shit. The only reason to upgrade to it is if you ABSOLUTELY need DirectX12, which at this point you probably don't since few games currently use it and even-fewer (if any) use it exclusively.

That said, fags complaining about "muh privacy" tend to forget that Windows has always spied on users since at-least Windows 95, if not even earlier.

If you want a good OS, go for Linux. If you want vidya, you'll have to stick with Windows or fuck about with Wine which can be hit-or-miss sometimes.

tldr: Stick with Windows 7 for the time being if you can. Not worth the upgrade but you might have to at some point down the line.

Also don't even consider doing prebuilt unless you're literally retarded

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.