Underrail Thread

youtu.be/qHXG2SCMEGk

Anyone else hyped for the new expansion? Haven't seen one of these threads in a while, and I missed out on those happening during release. Have to say I'm loving what I'm seeing so far, and I'm not even at Core city yet, just Rail Crossing.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/349421863773634323
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes, i look forward for it and i like the base game, but i dont rly have much to say

i think hes finally adding shotguns and more melee weapons, should be pretty good

o that's right. shotguns. holy shit, ill reroll new shotgun focused character

FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE REEEEEE

It will be DOMINATING.

Don't forget the time manipulation psi, which seems to have some pretty overpowered abilities by the looks of it.
steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/349421863773634323
I'm still pretty bummed over that I can't use thought control during conversations

Apparently there will be jetski combat too.

Game was ok, pretty good build variety, but holy shit, all that fucking walking you have to do was absurd.

Papyrus > Sans

How is this game. Been looking for something to play.

You can.

Customizable jet ski combat and jet ski pirates. Also shotguns.

You sound like a lardass.

Will I have fun with this game if I enjoyed Glukhovsky's Metro novels to some degree and played Fallout in my youth?

Possibly, but for a definite answer we need your shoe size and whether you drink your cocktails shaken or stirred. But seriously, it's a very linear turn based game about either ambushing or powering thru shit as you laugh. Also ex-Yu memes you're probably going to miss.

Shit, I guess I'll have to replay it then.

Loved the game up until the final stretch – it was such fucking bullshit that I dropped it shortly before finish.

I loved the game, but perhaps there was a bit too much walking. It also went a bit overboard with exploring the caves without a auto-map. writing down the maps for hand is a really bad solution

Anybody play it through long enough to know what happens to SGS if you get them to help the Black Eels? And for that matter is there any benifit to helping them and killing several pretty good merchants?

*help the scrappers

I particularly liked how they tried to solve the natural money inflation – in nearly every RPG, you end up with shitloads of money and nothing to spend them on. Underrail has money sinks that get you motivated to actually earn more money, be it through super steel or building the house. It was a really nice touch from them.

The stupid part about super steel is the severe RNG in its quality. When it costs 3000 charons to make one set of plates, and the quality can range from fucking 70 to 160, that's annoying. When it takes one REAL LIFE hour to produce the plates, and the quality is rolled at the start of the process, that's just infuriating.

yeah, that's what made it an actual money sink - having to produce the plates again and again hoping for a better quality. I think the stupidest part was that despite the steep price, super steel wasn't even that good a material

I used it a grand total of maybe 3 times. It's fairly good for shoes and metal armor, due to reduced speed malus. For psi characters, I usually go with some light or medium armor with psi beetle carapace inserts, and for melee characters, a large speed malus is a death sentence.

They finally fixed pistols? SMGs ends being more powerfull at the long run.

Finally, a viable stealth-shotgun run in a game.

They posted some gameplay of the new expansion.

fuck off retard

and make a thread again when this shitty game scales it's graphics on anything higher than 1280x768.

You've got to be joking. I mean, sure SMG meme build is nice but so is AR or say crafted blob pistol one. Also, execute and kneecap are really, really good.

There's fast travel.

Why?

Actually it's the opposite. It was going to buy it, but after learning that it had an incoming expansion, I decided to wait it out for the inevitable complete edition. The expansion negatively hyped me.