Team Fortress 2 Vintage: TF2V on Moddb and we'll be BRB to our regularly scheduled slaughter

Recent news
VERSION 2H1 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up. The project is working towards open source and plans to remove the need for steam
Downloads
Full game (comes with hotfix):
mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage
V2H1 NOW AVAILABLE
This version combines the Engineer Test Fix 2 with V2, so you don't need to upgrade if you grabbed that already.
Full install:
mega.nz/#!vFlVXKAI!2kBtDvOtUD4nMcY9a8gTOyF9j2b5GRNhLG4BJz8jJ4M
Upgrade from V2 to V2H1:
mega.nz/#!2YFWVDpJ!Mf3SjSQ643P5x0fQKaJdXDLmPZ6DswYCt-g5J4cPOdo

SENTRY FIX
mega.nz/#!DQUEgI5b!tFCpOaRryU-mEguezMtspMEv935Shm47TxTgnW76pn8
extract the archvie's contents into the buildables folder under models (TF2V\models\buildables), overwrite all. should fix it
Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin:
github.com/megous/megatools
Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL
Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

Why not TF2C?
Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C was meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny.
Either way, this is it's own mod at this point, so let's keep the discussion limited to TF2V. Drama is for teenaged school girls and faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
mega.nz/#!mRRBxQra!Pzh1Db8gsFscF402HwbnTss7HxQgl-HT4IK2syDa3s8
mega.nz/#!2YFWVDpJ!Mf3SjSQ643P5x0fQKaJdXDLmPZ6DswYCt-g5J4cPOdo
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
poal.me/o35qma
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekLNd-Buy4Bo8ZRgViOO0dPvy5zA9QpU
vid.me/Subzy_
poal.me/dmctmr
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=285509230
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Grenade_Launcher#Update_history
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann-Conomy_Update
mega.nz/#!nNURHQRD!kGn4OCqTbMHeRSoHzaB6XrNxPHVVmpecg29YUJI_vuk
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/reviews
moddb.com/members/supergoy
github.com/Quakermann/TF2Genuine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

SERVER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN
247 linux box
IP: 74.91.123.198
Located in New York so ping could be acceptable for yuropoors too
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients
Fastdl and custom maps

First for play the fucking game instead of complaining, circlejerking or being frustrated that it's stock-only. It's fun.

I was playing a bit on this server earlier aganinst one other person
Pretty sure the only reason I won was because Australian internet was on my side for once

LEOELE AXDDDD FUK OFF ALPHA XDDDDDDDDDDD

Can't connect because i don't have the .bsp file for koth king, for some reason it won't let me download it from the server.

You must've been using online combos, you fucking scrub.

What did you do to my precious sentries? Is it good or bad, and from who's perspective?
t. engineer main.

Download v2 of the game, default tf2maps are no longer on fastdl

just engineer buildings would cause a crash if exploded while being hit. it's fixed now

Oh, good. Also here have this. Is it V i n t a g e ?

no, it is not vintage, just ok

is hosting servers any more difficult than hosting on regular tf2?
the 250 min lag is getting to me

I'm not sure, but i think Holla Forumsintage fun server is better then the one we were playing on.

The meme server doesn't accept people who are using the nonsteam version which is the default one in the torrent
Don't use it FAG

I can't open the archive for either part I downloaded from moddb, and Mega I cannot download due to the 1gb cap.

I think sappy just fucked it up, don't be too hard on the boy.

did you rename the parts like it says in the description? moddb doesn't allow .### extensions which are archives split into parts

i'm in anyone wanna join me?

Is there a way to make it so the steam overlay works?

The shortcut will open TF2V with the Steam Overlay. You can add it to Steam if you want.

QUALITY images there

Needs more jpg artifacts

If you can make a better image that'd be great. All I've got is paint

What's wrong with the one I made for OP? Do you need it to be 1:1?

No I made that for the moddb page and smooshed the images in MS paint to fit in the margins they required.

the logo is stretched too big and looks low quality and the image lacks AA

Fucking get GIMP, it's free as well, and it's quite a leap from Paint.

Just installed it, where is the menu music and footage from? New TF2?

Think so.

anyone playing?

I'd mark 4 but I'm eating. Good luck to you.

2 people on, get in here.

real-talk, i think TF2V is the only game that's worth playing right now

I'll be right there, sweety.

My favorite game is flood a game's artwork section with 2hu and watch the ensuing salt. TF2V is a close second though

Kek

better not say stuff like that in the game

u better

b-better what?

these errors just don't let up

What version are you using, and what map is that? Most of the stock TF2 maps should work without errors.

lol epic :)

Well it obviously ain't stock, from the filename it looks like it's called EROS, some greek ass map, tight corners, bright sky, kinda comfy, but your eyes take a minute to adjust to it.
How do you guys deal with being shit again at this game? I just get so mad at not being able to deal with basic confrontations, I either throw something across the room or rage quit. Or both. Plus I can't aim anymore, I am just at the fucking bottom all over again.

Oh and what's the command line or whatever to disable sound sprays? Is this enough?

mega.nz/#!mRRBxQra!Pzh1Db8gsFscF402HwbnTss7HxQgl-HT4IK2syDa3s8
Enjoy :^)

yeah

where are you, sweety?

thanks
I needed that in my life, I really did

I regequit after not being able to deal with a 25% HP engi right next to me and a scout. I could have finished the engi with my axe and just airblasted the scout off the map, but I didn't. I just missed with my shotgun 6 times in a row.
I'm just too shit right now.

then git gud by coming back whenever

crashed

taking reguests for maps to put on Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN

Does this have the original overlay/main menu? If not, is it possible to change it?

How often are official valve maps played compared to community ones?

Im asking because I want the most vanilla experience physically possible.

crashed again

cp_orange

host your server there. The only two non-vanilla features are airblast and building carry. Maps are another thing entirely.

Right now vintage fun runs a mix of vnailla and community maps. the overlay should be possible to restore. mods do that already I think, outside restoring the original menu I dunno.

TF2V dev user needs help after all he is one guy so yeah

crash No3

is everything okay?

Also yeah whenever I connect to a server I have a chance to crash. No idea why.

Is map downloading disabled on Holla Forumsfun?

We're at 9/10! C'mon guys!

I know some maps use the weapons/hats and incorporate them into the map. I'll take a look at this one when I can.

no, you are missing stock tf2 maps, download v2 of the game

I can't get soundsprays to work

Oh
Is it mega.nz/#!2YFWVDpJ!Mf3SjSQ643P5x0fQKaJdXDLmPZ6DswYCt-g5J4cPOdo (for me)?

no, its the one with 3gigs of content

It has to be named jingle.wav. Place it in tf2vintage\custom\jingle\sound\player

Daily reminder your dead game is shit, and OP is a huge faggot that knows nothing about game development.

Did that already, same problem.

Trying it steamless on linux but no avail. Might be a library issue.

Did you edit autoexec.cfg in the cfg folder?

// This runs to enable sound sprays. They must be .wav files 512kb or less placed in custom\jingle\sound\player\jingle.wavcl_customsounds "1"cl_soundfile "sound/player/jingle.wav"cl_allowupload 1// Edit the key in this line to change the soundspray button.bind "o" "impulse 202"

Did you restart the game? Also change "o" to "f" for easy access.

archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archived threads

F is already bound to use though. The reason O was picked was because it was something that was out of the way so you wouldn't accidentally press it like the regular spray.

Also went on and played some of the koth_king, I only can call up one missing model which strangely is packaged with TF2V. When I get more time I can try to decompile the map to see if the other missing files are related to missing weapons/items from TF2.

I had the sound in sound\player\jingle.wav instead of custom\jingle\sound\player\jingle.wav

Its just a fucking greek map, what are you talking about

Nice trip down memory lane.

Last bit if this is to really explode in popularity the only two places I can think of putting it are

cuckchan
plebbit
One is easier than the other because no account needed. Both are equally cancerous.

Is it? The map design is nice and the flow felt solid. Good sentry spots in the middle that didn't feel either useless or over powered. Still was fun to play and rape as engineer

Shitposting, ignore. Spergs who bring up Overwatch everywhere possible in their weird autistic crusade against it.

Is there a class more cancerous than Scout?

yes

What's BSP compatibility like?
Is it shit?

Is it just a coincidence that both Demoman and TFG community both say they require skill to win, but you can still beat everyone else by spamming/button mashing? And they're both black?

What about the Binary Static Plane?

People seriously think Demoman takes skill?

I seriously think demoman takes skill.
I have not seen a more skilled class before quite honestly
If you saw the skill one can present with demoman, you'd be amazed

For maps dingaling, the TF2 version of Hammer has a ton of unpackaged entities that the game needs instructions from its own files to know how to make

I mean I used to know who actually made it look like it took skill. never shot rollers unless to get something around a corner, the guy was an absolute beast at demo.

Should work, if need be you can author maps in TF2's hammer and then just unpack all the files. Converting things to the old system format is reather easy as it's just extracting from VPK files.

If you're good with hammer mind taking a look at teleporters when they're finished building or the Payload cart's collision? they both need fixing

Hey devanon, sometimes when I sap a sentry, I crash.

Uploading some recordings of tonight on jewtube, please ignore my pussy ass bitching. I just hate it when I suck and when people don't catch fire WHEN I WAS CLEARLY HITTING THEM FROM 2 FEET AWAY!!!

Nigga do you even know what a pain in the ass it would be to decompile every map and pack in the missing entity data for all of them into the map files?

Only the models and materials are packed into the .vpk, bsp is still it's own file I believe. could try and fish around for an older build of hammer

all nonstandard entity instructions have to be packed in.

What's the source video of that, I've been looking for it everywhere

Download the engine hotfix

i don't know how this became a meme when the pyro exists

Overwatch had a map called Ilios which uses the same Santorini inspired aesthetic. By the sounds of things they have different layouts though albeit some similarities.

I'm wondering if hauling buildings is really warranted. I mean, the engineer can already
does he really deserve the power to quickly deploy a level 3 killing machine?

Remove the damage resistance buildings have when constructing whenever you redeploy, just make it two building states like the minisentry

He has to build the level 3 killing machine and haul it to where he wants it before he can deploy it, and its deploy time, even reduced by being hauled, is more than sufficient to kill the sentry even with the engineer whacking at it for repairs. You seem to be ignoring that for the Engineer to be effective whatsoever he needs a fair deal of prep time, up to and including retreating back to spawn or ammo-kits to gather metal provided a dispenser wasn't first on his list.

Uhhh.

Most people agree that hauling was a good addition to the game which gave Engie some much needed flexibility (without introducing the sort of cancer mini sentries caused).

Without it Engineers basically become unwilling to try changing their sentry position because it meant having to build back up from level 1 every time. With hauling introduced it created the dynamic whereby engineers could make the decision to switch up where their sentry was between attacking waves to throw enemies off.

It also makes playing aggressive Engie much more viable (which is a far more fun way of playing him).

How many QOL additions are you guys going to allow before the game just becomes another TF2C?

POLL ABOUT SENTRY HAULING
poal.me/o35qma

Now quit yer bitchin'.

TF2C would've been perfectly fine if they'd kept on with the original plan (beta content, optimization/bugfixes/balance) but instead they started focusing on deathmatch, four-way matches, and other stupid shit that nobody who followed the project actually wanted. There's QoL and then there's stupid shit and TF2C went firmly into the latter. I want unlock weapons, but not until the main game's ironed out.

so it looks like older build of hammer it is then

As someone who played Engy religiously for years it's a good risk reward system that isn't retarded as fuck. Then again I lived without it for so long I could do it again.

nitwit, that doesn't fix the issue of backporting maps.

I got map editing to work just fine. Open hammer from: Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin\Hammer.bat
Then follow these steps:

my point is that it is a slippery slope… that's all

dont call your game "Stock tf2" if you are going to add QOL improvements from years after stock was released

How about the cut off for "improvements" is the last update or, around the last update before MannConomy?
After all, it was after that, items that could be obtained before the patch went out were labeled vintage?

The strings in the second pic

Basically you're just using the binaries from SDK Multiplayer 2013 with TF2C .fgd file.

The sever wont let me play because I dont have the maps downloaded.

Can anyone share me or point a link to em?

This honestly.

download v2 of the game, that includes tf2 maps

this tbh

and there goes the server

it's back

JUST AN FYI FOR HOSTS

I will be removing the Mannpower maps next update. They are:

Please remove them from your map lineups when possible.

I mean frankly anybody calling this "stock TF2" is deluded or misinformed, but it also illustrates everybody has a different idea of what they consider "stock". Hell, personally I'd consider "stock" to be roughly after Soldier v. Demo or whenever it was that everybody had at least one alternative loadout as a non-standard way to play or otherwise change up the classes while still roughly adhering to their roles. The people who profess to want (or demand) pure vanilla 2007 TF2 have been autists screeching about the usage of the term "vanilla" in relation to the project when primarily it refers to that the intention (for now) is nothing but stock weapons.

How about we just stop talking to these semantic assholes? It's always the same shit
Motherfucker, we and by we I mean devanon, I can't do shit other than record some footage and take a screenshot add two QoL things to the game and all hell breaks loose.

Anyway, here's the recordings, couldn't upload a 16 minute video because jewtube wants my phone number to "verify" the account. AND they'll probably mute all the videos from tonight because I had other yt videos playing in the background.
Fucking no fun allowed anywhere anymore. Can't play games without people nagging you, can't make videos without being sued, can't browse the web without being spied on every step of the way, can't walk out of my own god damn house without neighbors getting pissy because I didn't say "Hi, how are ya, how's it goin', good day, you're beautiful, oh what a wonderful weather we're having!" to them every time I walk past the benches.
fuck man i just want to relax

May I dare to ask, would you guys add the achievement milestone weapons?

no added weapons.

Why the fuck is MSM such a retard.

Use vid.me

Airblast was absolutely essential, don't try to deny it.

TF2CIDF is back, just ignore em.

if you can't play with airblast you're an autistic mongoloid

How about the TTT mod? I thought that shit got something unique, I mean in arena mode you have to wait an eternity if you didn't kill jack shit.

Airblast makes Pyro viable.

Garry's mod

Go play Gmod if you want TTT.

It makes him overpowered because demo and soldier are not viable classes. Plus it wasn't in 2007.

*viable clases against airblast

Sorry you have to spam and are a shitter, I suggest modern TF2 for you

you feeling ok user?

No airblast because explosives classes are countered in some way? You're hilarious.

I disabled them, I don't want to listen to a useless medic REEEEEE all the way. It's part of the charm, I know, but I have my limits.

Oh yeah, good call, I forgot I had an account there. vid.me/Subzy_

that is the normalfaggiest thing I've heard throughout all these threads

Good luck trying to hit a pyro out at 512 units dipshit.

No, I'm surrounded by retards who want to make this is into TF2C 2.0

and what exactly will the pyro do to you at that distance?

Yeah you're shit.

two QoL things and bug fixes aren't going to magically turn it into TF2C. Start panicking when you see loadouts restored

No airblasts because it's a genetic defect added in by valve playtesters. The hitbox is also broken as fuck.

he'll give you a really mean glare

have you tried not being shit?

Also devanon is going to add in the flaregun and sandvich next update, retard.

Have you tried making an argument?

about as hard as you have

airblast made him actually viable

Is tf2classic that expendable?

yes

where's your source nigger
forgot to mention, above all, airblast makes for a much more fun and skill-based class

If you're a TF2C mongoloid

pyro has less health than soldiers so if your aim isn't garbage you'll win at close range. You also have better mobility so move speed isn't an issue
also what said

also check my quads

POLL ABOUT BUILDING HAULING
poal.me/o35qma
POLL ABOUT AIRBLAST
poal.me/dmctmr

There is no real argument here, only a few shitposters flinging shit. If anything it can get proxy spammed for a false consensus.

I just checked ctf_2fort_invasion and was able to recreate the crash from the server earlier by shooting the alien spores. Throw that one off your maplists as well. Byre should still be fine though.

Rigged as fuck.

I cannot wew hard enough.

You're not supposed to give an even more retarded answer.
Well gee sure is lucky we can fiddle about with it as we like then isn't it

Well projectiles have their own hitbox which is that retarded massive box that doesn't actually rotate with the player model.

The dangers of 6s

I have no problem with building hauling and airblast.
It has been discussed many times the dev will stick to stock weapons and ONLY stock weapons.

Aren't weapons up to mannconomy going to be added eventually?

I'd be fine with it either way but I really want me some gunboats

nope.

TF2V dev user said stock only. learn to deal with it

but vanilla servers already exist, so whats the point of making a mod just to play vanilla?

because why the fuck not?

For fucks sake, we've already answered this question.
SOME PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD A 20GB GAME BLOATED WITH COSMETICS AND OTHER SHIT
I feel like we need a FAQ or some shit for the threads because we keep getting the same fucking questions every thread like:

TF2V is 11gb, I found that pretty surprising for vanilla tf2.

It still has some four-team assets from TF2C.

the only reason youd make a pure vanilla mod would be if you wanted a special circle jerk off club where theres nobody playing 90% of the time

Also I didn't say shit about cosmetics although I do think most of the early ones fit the aesthetic and look good

man I just want to play my favourite game again in its golden era, if I wanted to play vanilla i'd boot up the orange box on my 360 or play regular tf2 with vanilla in the search tags

I forgot to remove the unused models before uploading the entire thing as a standalone sorry.
Still testing which ones are necessary for play normally. Almost accidentally deleted the spy's cigarette gibs

Answer I recall was "we're not including weapons to prevent arguments about which ones are viable" but as you can tell that just led to arguments about not including weapons.

and think cutting them out would shave more filesize off the thing

all community servers are massive circlejerks.

Yeah the crowd is split, I personally don't care. Some hats and weapons kinda fit into the theme, even if you took the hat you got for having the game before it went F2P and made it solly only it would fit with who he is, a soldier that likes to fight wars even if he has no real barring in it because AMERICA FUCK YEAH.

But really it's fine as it is, the game doesn't have the bloat TF2 has and as such it's more attractive to people who want to play vanilla

Damn that's a shame, the only reason I got initially invested was because I thought it wasn't just going to be stock tf2

yeah true I am crying and complaining a bit, I just thought that this project was going to have a bit of substance to it I suppose

similar to this guy

the only reason I initially got into it was because of the pre mannconomy talk that was going on in previous threads

Frankly I like stock, each class feels viable.

Good Engineer guide if anyone is interested, or at least it used to be. This was made in 2012 so a lot of the info concerning isn't relevant to this mod or even modern tf2, but it still provides many good tips.

The only thing loadout wise that might be added to TF2V is a highly limited selection of hats. For example earlier on the server earlier according to my beta tester user there was talks about the Proof of Purchase being a good Soldier helmet. There's some other hats for the classes which fit well aesthetically, but again massive amounts of scrutiny just like the weapons that I'd rather avoid it right now.

Seeing the thumbnail I'm already disregarding it because it contains sentry jumping

I brought it up, like I said PoP fits soldier really to a T instead of a all class helmet. It's basically just another soldier helmet.

Each class being viable is why I'm still a proponent of including weapons but only a select few for each class, some being retooled to work better if they're problems but still fit the character such as the Sandman. Either way I wouldn't even think of work being done on them until the actual core is established, which is something that seems to be in agreement no matter where you stand on the issue of weapons. By the time that's actually done, who knows, probably TF2Vnon's stance on it will have softened since once the core's established there's nothing to do as far as pure vanilla goes. Not to mention with TF2V itself being open source you could just as easily fork the thing and make a variant with some weapons.

Could probably fork it, put it in that "Genuine" flavor I keep mentioning and make both TF2V and TF2G look at the same master server list. But the thing with weapons is where do you start and where do you stop? considering the things like black box fit the soldier but are a major crutch.

yeah I like stock aswell, from 2013 onwards I pretty much exclusively played stock because while I still loved the game, I hated the direction it was going aesthetically and gameplay wise

despite my complaining I'm gonna keep playing as long as servers are up because as this guy said

there are barely any vanilla servers around anymore

Yeah, community servers are mostly dead now. It sucks but hey that's the issue.

I will point out that the files for loadouts still exist in TF2V just in case they are ever put back in to the game. Since TF2C has the item for stock loadouts, it's entirely possible in the future to make a version of TF2V that has the scrutinized content that also supports stock weapons. The problem there however is it would cause TF2V to begin re-converging with TF2C with adding new loadouts and content to the game that wasn't stock. Even though the QoL stuff isn't stock either.

Not sure how well that'd work pointing a with-weapons and no-weapons variant at the same menu; wouldn't that result in all sorts of bugs or crashes popping up because a client with weapons and one without are connecting to the same game? Or would it do some witchcraft and everything appears fine on a TF2V player's end since they still have loadout data as mentions, just deprecated or normally inaccessible?

Considering TF2V in general is an attempt to strip the stupidity out of TF2C I don't see any real problem with it starting to go along the same lines, so long as it doesn't slip into gamemodes nobody wants and similar things. Stick to pre-Mannconomy weapons maybe one or two exceptions; I love GRU for its potential pool, balance or tweak weapons the game's community can semi-agree has problems.

well TF2V could be made to enforce vanilla weapons on loadout. It's not impossible. It takes a fair bit of coding. as for if it's still accessible it probably is. the TF2C fags put up that DM server remember, but they had to use console commands and have the maps. Which means it's there, but you need to use developer commands to possibly access it and even then the functionality is most likely gimped.

wasn't GRU like one of the earliest heavy fist weapons? In any case things are do-able but it would take some leg work

No, you're thinking of the KGB. GRU was introduced with Mannconomy and its model is still just KGB's with flame details on the gloves.

The way TF2C and by extension TF2V store weapons and items is the same way live TF2 does: An items_game.txt file with the weapons and their attributes. It wouldn't be hard to take that file and replace it with the live TF2 version adding in all the content. The only thing then is scrutinizing the list of what stays and what goes.

The way items and that would work is that each person joining a server would require the same items_game.txt as the host in order to use the unlocks on that server. It's possible though somewhat of a pain to have a client with an items_game.txt file with all of the TF2V unlocks and then the server has a stripped down .txt file to take out weapons the server doesn't want to use. However, having less unlockables than the server has causes errors everywhere. I tested this stuff out back in the day with TF2C using the Valve Rocket Launcher on my server.

I understand that anons want a vanilla experience while others want limited unlocks and I think I can satisfy both groups of anons through the this method. This however won't come until MUCH LATER.

TF2V already has the coding for loadouts as well as forcing stock weapons already in thanks to TF2C. All of the structure is there, it's just implementing what weapons to put in.

Just a proof of concept. I don't want this to have a big giant button like TF2C does.

left looks nice and neat.

The left is for in-game and the right is the main menu

Here's also a proof of concept using the beta syringe just to show TF2V has the capability of extra items.

What's the difference?

one's the in-game button. the other is the main menu itself. could have looked like a few posts up to find this

The original TF2V menu doesn't have those little toolbox icons on them, because it was intended to be stock only. Since anons are divided for unlocks and stock content and I can do both scenarios on TF2V, I added the button in there to change your loadout.

When we come closer to having items in TF2V, I'll re-enable the bind in the controls section for the inventory.

I thought we settled on stock weapons only a while ago

Like I said, the structure is there just in case a very limited selection of weapons is added. I've already thrown in another purity cvar that you can run.

I'll also make some presets along the way later on. I'm going to make a pure 2007 one with no airblast/hauling and stock weapons only, a pre-mannconomy one with hauling/airblast and loadouts and then a preset for competitive play. That way all of the anons can be satisfied with how they want their version of TF2 to play.

That was faster than I thought.

So you have 2007 rules: no airblast, no hauling, no building upgrades, no inventory. Pretty much vanilla OB rules except on a modern version of the source engine.
Then you have the pre-mannconomy rules: airblast allowed, hauling allowed, dispensers and teleporters can upgrade along with having loadouts. The more modern QoL touches added to TF2 without the bullshit.

Then the second tier of items is the gameplay.

The first setup is standard TF2 rules: damage, spread, and crits are based on RNG. This one is the closest to playing regular TF2 rules, but not everyone likes the element of randomness to it.

The second setup is a competitive ruleset: everything is standardized, so no lucky spread or lucky crits. Everything here is up to skill, but might be a bit too challenging for lower skilled players.

I know this is a drastic change from the earlier philosophy of making old TF2 and only old TF2 but this quick programming just now makes it so every user can be pleased by TF2V.

Nice dude, as long as it doesn't turn in to a complete abomination like TF2C– everyone is going to be happy, can't wait for a gamenight with this man.

game night is every night

Looks nice.

Any of you fags wanna play?

In a moment, Eating chili-cheese fries.

Shit man that sounds good, I'll make some thing for myself

i hope you niggers are ready for my Shitty ass aiming

I think we should use what TF2C does. Add in weapons, but add in cvars that allow for servers to only use stock weapons. As for what weapons, only weapons that are truly unique, like the flare gun and huntsman.

fucking laws of physics making 300 ping the minimum.
At least the chinks are working on quantum communication.

ausfriend try connecting to 192.168.1.120:27015

just did, you've got it locked to lan clients

That looks an AWFUL lot like an internal IP, user.

it came up in the server browser before he posted.

sv_lan set to 0, try now

im hostan using create server in the main menu, not a dedicated server

need to give your internet facing address, not seeing it in the server browser anymore.

try this
hope this is what you mean, i barely know what im doing when it comes to this shit

still getting lan restriction

consider yourself hacked kiddo

oh nooo

sv_lan set to 0, no clue what else im supposed to do

have you entered it before creating the game or after?

Why do you faggots keep talking about unlocks all the time? Especially most shitty and useless ones. Look at fucking 6s. Look at their current whitelist, only a few unbalanced items are banned. Yet, what is used most of the time? Motherfucking default weapons. Because they work, they're reliable. Only unlock that has a significant impact on gameplay is gunboats. Because with shotgun you can be just as mobile, but you suck SO MUCH heals from med, it slows whole team down. That, and maybe the crossbow, but it's not a game changer.

Perhaps you should get better at the game. Stop relying on gimmicks. Stop holding w mindlessly. Develop some sense of strategy. Pubs teach you that tactic of going in mindlessly and relying on luck. Play some MGE, play some highlander or 6s, play some jump maps. I'm not really a comp player myself, but those will teach you a few things.

my shitty create a server ended up working, so at some point today or tomorrow ill set up an aus dedicated server that ill try to keep running all day

someone send help as i have no idea what to do

If the Pyro is that far away, then he isn't an issue. You just proved his point for him.

You do realize it's just TF2CIDF trying to make all of us go back to "an already established TF2C community" to give them attention, right? Please don't make it tf2c2, don't fall to peer pressure, please.
Speaking of attentionwhoring, the videos are finally uploaded and listed: vid.me/Subzy_

Do you honestly think there's a elite group of kikes planning to ruin TF2V?

We all like TF2C's ideas and content, it's just that the devs closed the sources and became tranny faggots. It seems like you and are extreme autists that screech "muh stock vanilla"

Dev user, please don't listen to this retard. Keep doing what you're doing.

How long have you been visiting the boards, butt buddy? 2 months? 3?

is there a catch to hosting a dedicated vintage server?
Im assuming that all the guides only work for the current version of tf2

Don't flatter yourself, goy.

Okay, retard, let me spell it out for you.
Please treat your mental deficiency as soon as possible.

Been saying this forever. Also he was originally white, he needs to be recolored so he isn't a token nigger anymore.

Also if I have TF2 on the steam, is there some easy way to roll back to a compatible version or do I still need OP's program?

I would be fine with pyro having no airblast as long as, unlike in official TF2, his airblast becomes like it used to be where it would guarantee a kill unless they found a medic or a health pack. AKA deadly instead of, "oh my, I'm only entirely on fire, this tickles."

Checking your own quads
Pic related is for you.

Sorry for fuckmassive post. No bully pls

We were always bitching about that since the beginning, retard. I can't really blame you for having this intelligence because of your young age, but I suggest going to another website more suited for you, like reddit.

Color me interested fam

Yeah I know, but surprise *I don't like niggers.**

You only trapped yourself with this one, mate.

you feggets going to join or something?

Sorry, I didn't make my point clear. The point is: it doesn't fucking matter. Unlocks don't win games, teamwork does. Unlocks are there to keep you playing, to diversify gameplay a bit. But in general they don't matter. I can do just fine with or without unlocks.
Isn't it fun when your team just works together and you win? Don't you like winning?

someone point me in the right direction at least
would following a guide like steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=285509230 work for hosting a tf2v dedicated server?

Hey who removed 2bine from the map pool?
also we already have 5 people in here so come join

Uh, why am i missing koth lakeside?

is balloon race still alive at all? That's about the most fun I've ever had playing a video game.

I'm not keeping up with dedicated servers, but I got mine for testing by downloading Source SDK Base 2013 Dedicated Server form steam, dropping tf2vintage into its root and grabbing a .bat file from the net to start it. Bat file restarts server if it crashes, you write command line parameters in there as well, technically it's not necessary. Server will work after this.
Then you can install revemu to allow no-steam clients to connect. And plugins for managing the server.

thanks champ, ill try set it up tonight

This isn't TF2. so there is no balloon race. Also most community servers have been killed by valve

welp

well at least I'll have the memories…

You niggers realize that you can just host a server with balloon race? and there's nothing you can do to stop me

I just copied contents of "maps" folder from live tf2 to tf2v, even works with first tf2v version.

thanks

do it fagit

So you don't need to be on the beta_test branch for Source 2k13? Cool.

its a 3v3 right now come join us guys

We're having so much fun

WHY DID WE VOTE HIGHTOWER FUCK

Server is alive but lets be honest can you really trust that

I was switching to my shotgun.
But I have nothing against hightower.

got this far at least, searching for the error gives nothing

anyone have any idea as to what im doing wrong?

So demoman has 8 grenades again?

Still only 4 and 4 is all you need anyways unless you're garbage

Roll it back to beta balance or gtfo imo
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Grenade_Launcher#Update_history

What are your command line parameters?

THE DECLINE OF TF2

Pre-Mannconomy isn't that close to stock TF2 mate

Daily reminder that dead game is shit.

What do you offer?

This will be interesting.
I started playing about a month before the Scout Update, so I have no idea what I might sorely miss in this version.

Even you have to admit that some of the weapon updates and unlocks were actually good.
Ubersaw
Backburner
Airblast
Wrangler
Mini sentry
Rescue Ranger
Demoman grenade melee
Natasha
Kritskrieg

Hopefully this project fixes the problems that valve never addressed, like how op airburst stickies are, and how op soldier generally is because of how easy it is to work around his deficiencies.

Let's not forget that valve also didn't put any thought into limiting hard counters on certain classes. There's so much shit wrong with tf2 that's been masked by actual masks.

not really.

Gotta agree, Mini sentry is garbage and a crutch used by shit players who can't play engineer. A sentry gun should never be on point in a offensive push. Just ever so slightly behind the main push so if they need to fall back they have support fire to cover them. Sentries should be moved up on point cap to ensure the new front is secured for the rest of the team.

My favorite pastime was being a BLU Engineer on badwater, moving my gun up into our backlines just enough that it can repel uber pushes.

I agree that you're doing it wrong to actually be contesting a point with a sentry, but they work great if you can get it next to a Payload in a good area.

t. 400 hour engineer

The big problem that Valve never addressed is that Medic is way too good to the extent that most of the time the entire game revolves around that one player. You can make Pyro and Heavy better until they're more like Soldier and Demoman but that still won't balance the game.

You can see it in the latest patch notes where they nerf the Razorback and Fists of Steel not because of anything to do with the Sniper or Heavy classes, but because Medic is too good.

Ubersaw is a straight upgrade from the regular bonesaw, as is the demo grenade. Kritzkrieg is a good sidegrade, Airblast is fine, minisentry I never had an issue with. Backburner I don't care for.

The rest belongs in the trash.

Explain to me how the soldier isn't a hard counter to every other class in game.
Airblast was the only soldier nerf that's been introduced, and it's only partially effective some of the time.
And then demos are just rebranded easymode soldiers.

That is how I know you're a shit engie.
Tell me how many classes are hard counters to engies.
Pro Tip: All but 2 classes are hard counters to engies.
The metal upkeep for engie with stock sentry is far too high to be viable outside of a few edge cases.
You're better off using mini-sentry offensively and getting a single kill for every 2-3 sentries than you are keeping a single sentry up and relocating it or rebuilding it every time it's been discovered.

If the engie unlocks are never added, lvl 3 sentries are going to need a massive buff to justify the constant rebuilds.

I was mainly talking about pushing forward with a standard sentry.
The few times I did use a Mini (which felt dirty, honestly) it was on Turbine to make scouts fuck off.

Also, as much as I enjoyed when they added hauling, I never once thought about it as a mechanic before that.

I played a fair bit of Engineer in '09 and '10 and while it was frustrating to have your nest blown up every 30 seconds by a medic+demo combo, I kinda dealt with it. At least back then there weren't things like the Direct Hit to burst it down from afar.

I want the pomson in this

EVERYTHING can outrange a sentry

Scouts are squishy and need ot get up close meaning a good scout will force the sodlier to switch to shotgun or risk not only damage from the scattergun but from the backblast

I'm sorry what?

Long build time, coupled with you're going to be focused on means you won't last long. Keep talking out your ass

You sound like those people who play engineer, set up in the most obvious spots that can easily be foiled and then cry about it.

No, fuck off

No, fuck ON!

If you placed your sentry in a shitty open position then you're going to get shit on regardless of what classes the enemy team has picked.
What? Are you talking about the knockback? Because stickies and airblasts do a better job of pushing away übered cunts.
Most frontline characters and sentries can do that
Another Sniper or a Spy would do a better job at it
wat
Anyone with a gun can counter a fucking spy if they shoot down an empty hallway.

Having an all-around effective primary doesn't imply it's a counter to everything, let alone a fucking hard counter. Soldier is a versatile offense character who doesn't specialize in particularly anything, and as such doesn't have any particular hard counters, which seems to be the only standard you're looking at whether a class is balanced or not since you mentioned airblasts as being the only 'nerf' Soldier received. For everything Soldier can do, another class does it better. Demo is more suitable for spamming and destroying sentries around corners. Pyro is more suitable for spychecking. Sniper is more suitable for headshotting other Snipers. Heavies and sentries are more suitable for swatting Scouts out of the air, and Pyros can do a pretty good job at it as well. The only special thing Soldier has going for him is rocketjumping to offset his slow movement speed at the cost of his HP, which tends to be more versatile than stickyjumping during a fight. Without teammates to fall back on, a Soldier will always be crippled by the constant reloading for his rocket launcher, and has to either rely on his shotgun to get out.

Stock TF2 is the very first release where you could get underneath the floor in some maps and build teleporters.
And you could snipe people through the starting gate on dustbowl.

I wonder why.

You have that wrong though. With the next major update TF2V will have the 2007 era TF2, stock only gamemode specifically added in to cater to absolute vanilla. TF2V fills in the categories between that and some unlocks with plenty of cvars and settings. There will be no hats and very limited unlocks.

This is to make TF2V good for everyone rather than one specific flavor.

Hey I didn't make it that was the original idea till TF2V Dev user stated what he did. the OP needs to be updated. no need to get into a tizzy

I don't even remember what the mannconomy update was, was it hats or something?.

pretty much when TF2 got the cashshop

Put "Shitty" in front of each of those classes. A good scout will soft counter a soldier
Again, only if terribly shitty, glues their ass to a wall in the open. You're baiting you have to be or you're that stupid.
Again, again, only shitty demos and then one could argue demos counter soldiers.

Soldiers are the most balanced class in the stock game. Only after the direct shit and equalizer did they become garbage.
Listen, I'm a shit engie too, I place my sentries in the shittiest positions and even then I don't think they need a buff.

Judgement Day for TF2
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann-Conomy_Update

I want a ghastly gibus

Let's play fuggers

Is this vanila tf or something else

This sounds an awfully lot like what TF2 and TF2C did: Add in a bunch of shit to appeal to certain people while the vanilla crowd stay in their ever-dying servers, left to watch the game rot around them in a slippery slope of new content being added in. Meanwhile, a new cancerous community arrives, replacing the old one, demanding more stuff to be put in. What you're proposing looks like it could go a similar way.

Example: the unlocks. There are people who already want them in the game, and they aren't agreeing on which ones should be added. How do you fix this? Add in nearly every unlock in the game and let this servers decide what they want? What will that accomplish? Dividing the community up? Inviting more cancer to come join us who like hats and loadouts and shit and will probably will demand more stuff be added of the like? A reduction in the overall quality of the game? And for what? To appeal to people who wanted something other than what the mod was originally created for? Who want it to be more like what TF2 is today?

I don't want TF2V to come full circle like the previous iterations. Once you start appealing to everyone who voices their opinion, you're inevitably going to start inviting and catering to the same people who caused TF2, and by extention TF2C, to become what it is today. I remember TF2, and when they started to go down this path. I remember TF2C, and when they started to follow. We all know what happened because of it. I'd rather TF2V just stick to vanilla the original goal of both this mod and TF2C than to have this happen again.

I mean, is obviously a shitpost, but how much longer until the community en masse starts demanding the same thing?

We have 5 players in the main server right now. You should get in

Are you the dev?

TO be frank I think there should be a cutoff point. Certain weapons kinda broke the motif each class ahd going for it. shit like the pomson and the cow mangler are just generic sci-fi stuff that clash with the classes.

I personally don't want many if at all any items because replaying TF2 with stock has taught me just how each class compliments each other and how certain compositions can be nightmarish to counter (all scout rushes are an example.)

I know it's impossible to try and cater to everyone, but at least options are there. I've been looking through the whitelist for TF2 comp to see if the weapons there are fair sidegrades for example that fit the aesthetic and the concept of sidegrades. I don't want to make TF2V into TF2C, but the options are there for people who do or don't want X or Y or Z.

No, but I'm guessing the person who created the text in the OP is.

No, it's just random anons

Just make everyone wear the ghastly gibus.

TF2V should not have anything other than stock weapons. Like mentioned, selectively adding new loadout weapons is a slippery slope that will lead to infighting and the eventual retreading of TF2 live.
TF2V should go the other direction, and strip out absolutely everything that isn't necessary for the vanilla experience. Get rid of all the residual files and make the download as small as possible. I would even argue against adding extra non-default maps to the main package - keep those separate.

This tbh, filesize is a big thing and enabling non-stock fags is a huge mistake.

TEST FIX FOR THE ENGINEER BUILDINGS (yet again) HERE

mega.nz/#!nNURHQRD!kGn4OCqTbMHeRSoHzaB6XrNxPHVVmpecg29YUJI_vuk

This should fix the sappers and the teleporter model issues several anons including my testers had trouble with.

No it fucking doesn't. If people want to play vanilla, they play vanilla servers- if people want to play non-stock- they play non-stock servers.
It serves best of both worlds, but you believe that somehow and magical degeneration is going to take place. We have our plans on what style of TF2V is going to be.
No it wasn't. The goal of TF2V was to make a pre-mannconomy TF2. This includes the weapon unlocks.
If you didn't want a cancerous community to arrive then maybe you shouldn't have come to Holla Forums, or imageboards at in retrospect.
Do you vanilla autists really think that Armageddon comes when the flare gun is added or some shit?

No TF2V dev user never mentioned unlocks and wanted to stay stock. Even the people playing right now are against unlocks mainly which means the people screaming for unlocks don't even play or do it "ironically"

lmao, as he said while talking out of his ass.

The all of 3 people playing or the imaginary ones?

Based on feedback from the people actually playing TF2V and not shitposting in the thread that the consensus I heard is keep it stock. As such I'll put aside the loadout stuff for now to keep working on the base version of the game.

If you need unlocks so badly go back to TF2

DEV user HAS SPOKEN

Then why don't you discredit retards like

God knows that these dipshits can't even figure out what they even want.

Fuck off, no likes TF2C, Alpha. stop trying to get people to go back to it.

I'm suggesting to ignore 93ec84, he's clearly a hothead

Also, when I get more anons to test out Engineer Fix 3 I can wrap that up into a Vintage V2H2 version.

You're not wrong, it's been confusing trying to do unlocks, no unlocks, QoL upgrades, no QoL upgrades and so on. It's why I wrote presets for next version to try and please as many anons as I can based on their flavors of TF2.

+1

CONFIRMED WORKING

Good. This way we can provide the best of both worlds. Ignore the invalids who think adding in QoL and non-stock will end the world.

Which was the intentions of the scripts for last night. TF2V has the power to do loadouts and the structure is there if/when anons decide to go ahead on a limited selections of unlocks I'm thinking one per weapon slot per class that you can please as many people as possible with configurations of TF2V without treading into the OC DONUT STEEL area that TF2C did.

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/reviews

moddb.com/members/supergoy

Goddamn they really are upset

there's quite a lot of butthurt in that post

I'd almost bet a Bill's cap that the person who posted this is from Alpha's secret discord server since he's the only group who could both love Holla Forums and hate Holla Forums at the same time.

it's this guy:

So what is the dev GOING to do, other than "bugfixes"?

Is there a need for something other than keeping the server alive and bugfixes?

WARNING

Sentry fix may not actually fix anything

I just said I liked TF2V direction.

according to one of the guys it may be related to when a engineer is smacking their buildings

Wow, it's like people can have similar opinions, weird. People wouldn't say this shit if it wasn't absolutely retarded.

He's a faggot and a lot of the review is a lie. I've contacted the admins of moddb and they said they'll keep an eye on it since I gave them an honest run down.

The models are upright but like I stated earlier it seems to still cause crashes

So it's either pic related or crashes…
Give it a couple more days in the R&D, Jim.

Some OC in honour of our esteemed friends at TF2C.

Part 3, spoilered for lewd.

you spent time looking at hentai and photoshopping text over peoples heads for what? creepy lowlife shit

He's not wrong. Besides muh devs and the sources being open/closed TF2V doesn't really have anything over TF2C. Fixes take days as the only dev is just one person. Half of you are completely torn up on what should be added. You got purists on one side, non-purists on the other, and then the fence sitters that shit on everyone. Another half of the the thread is just glorified salt about Alpha and company. It really makes me wonder, if we really didn't care about TF2C, why would we indulge in their drama? I would suggest taking this as constructive criticism, but you will probably just call me a shill anyway. Honestly, I think devanon is the only person with reading comprehension sometimes.

Oh and
Try to make a constructive argument before memespew, please.

he made a blog post and its pretty lolworthy

So he really is in this thread? Makes sense.

Again, I see no butthurt here. Here's a guy who made an actual post with actual criticism and he even said he wished TF2V to be great. What's so wrong about that? Where's the salt? I just see a guy dissatisfied with where the game is and community is heading. You guys will eventually kill yourselves if you dismiss any criticism as "lel butthurt"

they could at least be fucking honest.

to be fair drama makes its way around steam pretty hard sometimes, i don't think its THAT crazy to assume he might have a brief memory of all the stupid drama that surrounded that game while it was alive
it is a little suspicious he knew about the open source code thing though, hell i didnt even know about until this mod rolled around

Speaking of the moddb page, you have my permission to use any of the videos I'd posted on youtube or vid.me for demonstration purposes.
Not that you needed a permission in the first place, really.

Link some. Could use em. THey have to be under a certain time limit though

He's low energy, notice he is here. This is just poor bait

caring this much about a bunch of Holla Forumstards is p salty imo

its still pretty inexcusably weird

jesus christ that last picture

vid.me/Subzy_
Three of them are under 5 minutes. Will upload a

Misses the point hard, fixing tf2 is not a question of simply turning back the clock, you need to make some tough calls on what changes to the game made over the year have really, truly helped it and implement just those.

Loadouts should not become a thing in this mod. I firmly believe it's possible to fit all the necessary additions into a single kit for each of the classes.

Except when TF2V Dev user polled hte people playing it was across the board "keep it stock"
Most of the "add weapons" are just shitposters

How new are you? Honest question.

Actually it was a poll that had around 10 votes by the time we got to it.

Did I say shit about "adding weapons"? No in fact I specifically said that loadouts should not become a thing.

few months, no oldfag here

weapons are pretty sketchy but its fine either way, with how slow production is going itll probably take a decade to add some new weapons anyway

No he popped into the game. Not that poal.me crap. I mean after all why would you take input from people not playing?

lurk for two more years before posting again

Did you faggots even read the OP?

clearly you didn't either.

also I love that review because
So does that mean TF2C is shit because it plays like TF2?

He obviously meant that TF2V plays exactly like TF2C, ergo TF2V is shit.

I asked one of the anons ingame to go ask for me, but the result is still the same. I'd rather prioritize the people playing the game than the ones who aren't. It's one of the things that causes the downfalls of other games where a game changes too much for a nonexistent crowd.

so by that extension TF2 plays like shit and it's turtles all the way down yeah?

Yeah. TF2 in general is shit. I don't see why you would like to emulate any part of TF2 or TF2C.

Because TF2 as a concept was enjoyable, but over the years it got bloated to fuck and back. It's aesthetics and art style lost under layers of community bullshit and promotional content.

We should add mechanics from Ricochet, tbh.

No clue what happened overnight, but it works now
thanks for the concern user

by it works, it at least launches now

cant connect to it or anything but ill figure it out

might need to port forward, check what ports TF2 needs. also you can't connect to your own server over the internet. you connect via LAN unless you change the ports your server is on

Only requires port 27015 just like every other source game.

Alright faggots, I've created my own fork, with blackjack and hookers.
TF2 Genuine.

Then it's definitely because you're trying to connect to it while it's on your own network. Try the machine's local IP

github.com/Quakermann/TF2Genuine

no clue what Ive done wrong, Im pretty sure I set everything up correctly

I tried this and using localhost but no dice

Wait is this a joke?
What are you even going to do here?

I didn't wanted it to be colored that way. I don't want 90% of it to be green.

It's a fork. Since you guys have made the source to TF2 Vintage open, I wanted to create a fork. Is there a problem?

oi git a loada dis hume

I think this is gonna be the one that adds weapons "within reason"

dunno if I want to trust your fork after the "balance" discussions we had in game last night

From the quick reading, this appears to be trying to make TF2 pre-beta. It's a perfectly valid way to take TF2 and a lot of the assets are already there in TF2C and TF2V but you're going to have to really rip out and change up a lot of the game to make it pure pre-beta.

I do plan on a variant of TF2V with weapons, but not immediately. Perhaps in the future yes, but right now no.

Tell, please.

could have used TF2P as a base then since that's pretty much TF2 out of the box at launch and then wound the clock back from there

That's quakerman, not vintage TF2 dev
Unless you know than then ignore this post I guess

the changes you wanted to make already exist in live tf2, just use the escape plan and the crossbow

I would have used TF2P if you're doing a pre-beta since it's easier to tear that one down than TF2V. Not that you can't rip TF2V down, it would just be insanely easier than taking this spaghetti code and ripping it out.

I don't recall ever talking about talking about weapon balancing in TF2 last night, other than TF2V supporting loadouts.

Well you can try and see if you like it.
Not right now though. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing

Which reminds me. devanon, how do you compile TF2V to a working state?

got the wrong guy devanon, i was referring to the tf2g guy

TF2 Strange when?

We need a TF2 with all the later new weapons such as the Vitasaw and the Bazaar Bargain but no stock shit that is useless tbh. Stock weapons are overrated and boring. Human nature is to receive new things. There's no point in even giving people shit like "default sticky launcher" when people are either going to use the scottish resistance or the Quickiebomb launcher instead, since those are obviously better at certain situations. TF2S needs to be a thing for all the late joiners. I'm jew

anybody wanna bully me?

ur a sick cunt mate, git outta here

I think that you're not living up to your full potential

He said bully, not absolutely destroy him. Jesus Christ have some restraint.

anyone up to play?

Come back nigger

NEW THREAD