Splatoon (2) General: Chapter 3, Paragraph 5 Edition

WOOMY

Don't Get Cucked Cooked! Stay Off the Hook!

Join us for Saturday Night Squid Fights on Mumble @ swamp.li / 64738

Splatoon 2 launches this next Friday! North America screams for Team Ice Cream! Marinafags take first blood in the next Great Waifu War! Ice Cream now legally better than cake, according to Inkopolis law. Local Jewish cake connoisseur reportedly on Suicide Watch!

IMPORTANT
• Do you have a Switch yet? It's been, like, five months already! What's taking you so long?
• How do you like the new songs so far? What's your favorite?
• Will there be an awesome Squid Sisters / Off the Hook performance at the end of the game?
• Octolings are fine too.
• Post your favorite Squid art!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/uyhEa
japanesenintendo.com/post/163083762999
archive.is/ivo4o
nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/guide_how_to_invite_friends_and_use_voice_chat_on_the_nintendo_switch_online_app
poal.me/wmrz7t
youtube.com/watch?v=8u4qeaONpw4&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for friendship, funtimes, and plenty of cute fan art

Fuck right out of here, these 2 bitches have nothing on my waifus. They're impostors, they're FUCKING SHIT

WE ANIME NOW!!!

New Splatoon anime series just announced hours ago. Will be based on the CoroCoro manga adaptation.

Premiering August 12th on CoroCoro's YouTube channel.

Source: archive.is/uyhEa

Octolings are superior

Credits music if anyone wants. It's pretty feelsy.

If those Octolings don't sound like kuudere qts I'm gonna slap those Japs

are you a youkai

this is why this fandom is garbage.

These threads convinced me to not buy this game or Nintendo's paid online. I don't want to associate with you dicksuckers. Peace out.

Would it still be pronounced "Splatoon?"

Regular folk will look at it and say "Splatoon," which would cause confusion out the ass.

Remember, these are the same people that thought the Wii U was nothing more than a controller, no matter how hard Nintendo tried to explain.

I don't think Octolings ever show up in the manga. The whole thing centers around four squids fighting their way to the top of the ranks.

AHHHHHHH===

I'm perfectly fine with this

God fucking damnit it's way too late for me apparently

did squid loli meets the squid lolis learn english yet?

Why bother?

Please leave your kind isn't welcome anywhere.

SPATS LOVE

i was relieved to see that you have a choice of legwear in splat2n and werent forced to cover the wonderful squidbutt with a loose shirt as was the suspicion early on.

fucking this
spats are love
spats are life

she was an average middle school kid until one fateful encounter has her questioning whether shes a kid…
or a squid

would it be weird if i requested picrelated from the drawthread

ANIME ANNOUNCED
japanesenintendo.com/post/163083762999

nice, I hope the squids will look like this

Have something somewhat related while you wait to see if a drawfag takes you up on the idea.

Why doesn't Mark delete these cancer Threads for being Waifu threads? Nobody talks about the game here, everyone just talks about shitty squid kids.

Are you bored or something?

Careful what you wish for, you might not like active mods in the long run.

It doesn't come out till FFFFRRIIDDAYY NIGHT gameboi.
And Wii U is over.

Reminder that people bought a WiiU for Splatoon.

Games. I'm not buying a console for one game like you dipshits.

PLAY ARMS YOU FUCK!

I've seen weirder shit.

And for the lady missing an arm the guy's site is blocked from access out of France. And I'm too lazy to look it up with a VPN right now.

Yeah, I'm not expecting good things. But it might be fun to watch for how bad it could be.

Hnng!

Ya got hook'd squiddo.

how?

Scalpers.

(heil'd)
Because it's a major flop and nobody bought it and it's a massive failure and… Wait.

But for real, can't you just order one online anyway? Maybe from another country even?
That should teach a valuable lesson to whatever GameStop equivalent is keeping a Switch away from it's players.

I didn't forget that I did that.

So I wonder what it would take to adopt an inkling. Granted humans haven't been around for thousands of years (on Earth at least). However I'm sure the two species can communicate if Inkopolis at least uses a Japanese dialect as it's base for language.

Diet would be one thing but ink baths would be another. I know a healthy inkling needs a spawning pool of ink in case she gets hurt and needs to rest.

Scalpers don't buy products that don't sell
Market's there, one way or another.

Guess I was pretty lucky to keep my switch pre-order after launch. Still though it fucking sucks Nintendo's pulling the artificial scarcity strategy again.

NO FREE ONLINE NO BUY

If you want one, be prepared for this upcoming Friday. They always have a wave of new consoles with a major Nintendo release date.

Since we're getting a major title and nine Amiibos all being released on Friday, you can safely expect more Switch consoles available.

Even after getting one, I still occasionally run into some in stores. I've seen the resell value now starting to float around $350 in response to the ever increasing availability.

What's also awesome is being a military member and going into Exchanges on base a see a shitload of Switch consoles exclusively sold to military people, and available tax free. Pic related.

Holy shit.
What's with all these vidya anime being made nowadays? First Ace Attorney, then Castlevania, and now this?
I hope there's more of these.

HOLY SHIT!

TRIPS OF TRUTH!

Well shit, guess I'm joining the military.

FUG

What's next? Missing quads by 3? You shouldn't join the army with that aim, soldier. Stick to the roller.

you missed quads by 5

But had doubles. Sign me up sarge!

hi

F-fuck you, dubs are for gays anyway.

ADDENDUM: There's actually a Switch at the Target down the street I live on.

You CAN find a Switch and not pay scalper prices to get one. You just have to actually put in the effort to look.

Also, my New 3DS Splatoon Faceplates came in the mail.

THIS user GETS IT
I usually shitpost it, but I didn't want to start avatarfagging when I post in the thread, so I stopped for discussion purposes.I still haven't bought a switch, and I'll probably just (1) this thread and have discussion next thread.

There's some social commentary going on, but whatever.

Question: If vehicles were and playable Octolings were introduced in Splatoon 3 how would vehicles play?

Talk to me when the boys start slutting out

Would need wide and open maps to accommodate vehicles. Octolings (which such dick) in practice would probably just be reskinned inklings with equivalents to all normal weapons as an enemy team in a specific gamemode or a "crashed" Splatfest or something.

Octolings are niggers.

By then we should have new tech and engine optimization to accomodate more players and bigger maps.

You bastards have now idea how badly I want this now.

For vehicle ideas it could be a game mode where one side plays Octolings that operate "boss-sized" mecha and inklings who are GIs that have to take the weapon out. Inklings would be able to ink the mecha and swim on it to get into the cock pit. The Octos would have defense systems to keep Inklings out. The mech would also have power to alter the landscape of the battlefield by destroying structures. Downside is the mecha is very slow. Once mecha reaches the Inkling base or Mecha is destroyed it's game over. This gives both teams different goals which leads to asymetric strategy on how to reach them.

wrong

titan mode from battlefield 2142 but only one team has the titan?

I think so.

I'd assume pretty much like Halo maps with vehicles, and some of the smaller ones would be able to swim in ink as well.

Larger terrain means turf war is kinda pointless, but it could still be a thing. Vehicles would have massive radius of spraying though.

It'd probably revolve around control points in places vehicles can't get inside, but they could be used to pain a wall with a single blast so you can swim up and get inside from top, for instance.

Vehicles would also be their own game mode or used as set pieces in story mode (which will have co-op). Still Splatoon is made with smaller arenas in mind. So gameplay would literally have to be reinvented for bigger maps.

i wanna see a clown car instance with a bunch of tanks just rolling out of a small puddle

Vehicles, more players, and larger maps would make it a fundamentally different game better characterized as a spinoff than a direct sequel. I'm not against making Splattlefield but I don't want Nintendo to stop working on the faster, smaller 4v4 gameplay.

battlefield but with splatoon mechanics

Pearl a cute

Between the height, the teeth, and the forehead, i can't see anything but the villain from Cats Don't Dance, which isn't attractive at all.

Marina, on the other hand, looks like one of the female arbalists from Etrian Odyssey 3, which is patrician taste.

AN IDOL WHO HASNT EVEN BEEN SHOWN IN THE GAME IS BETTER THAN YOUR TRASH

Dubs of truth. However According to Chapter 3, Paragraph 5 of the splatfest law Marie is the objectively superior squid sister to Callie.

however the captain did win the most splatfests. she legally has better taste

Still need to find pics of punished Callie.

Excellent taste user

No U

I can become one if those Japs don't learn

Pearl is for hugs, not bullying.

That sounds like absolute cancer.

THIS!

You know your waifu is shit, don't deny it.

The final Splatfest results disagree.

This is all your fault, mariefags.

AT LEAST WARN US user

Not that most anons didn't know this already though

It was spoiled for a reason user. And if there's something I learned from the past 4 or 5 games I got spoiled on this website, it's that you don't click spoiler images of games that will be released any day now, even if there's the promise of lewd.

ar tonelico and squid sisters would make an interesting crossover

well that sucks

Isnt that game dead yet

waifu war posts

I don't see how Callie and Marie is referenced before the second world flood unless Nintendo is going full metatard and saying the fax was from Nintendo of Japan then, and there are no living humans in space.

KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

how is arms anyways, if you dont mind me asking in this thread? and hows the greasemonkey loli?

You know that the Switch has a screenshot function though, right user? You don't have to snap a picture of your TV

Nintendo paid to get it a main stage spot at Japan EVO

It's breddy gud 3d fightan, but good luck trying to talk about it on here without getting called a shill

Mir the best

that would probably be the case here too if it werent a thread longer than theyve been here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have an ARMS inspired splatfest soon.

inb4 feels ending where they are only doing this so their grandpa can still feel useful and respectable rivalry is used

Judging from these screenshots, it's going to be pretty lewd.
More screenshots here: archive.is/ivo4o

Is that supposed to be a spoiler? We already know Callie is the enemy.

At least use the screenshot buton user

Yeah I found a place with them. Fuck Canada. Switch not worth $400.00

N-no, you don't understand. I'm trying to spoil the ending. Aren't you Nintoddlers super interested in the story and lore of your shit games?

Does that meme that those things are drones and not real octolings?

It's not really a spoiler, dumbo
We already know Callie's the villain

Praise bellhat full of swag

Oh.

No more than any other fanbase. The story in Splatoon 1's single player was nothing exciting - not bad, just simple - and I don't think anybody expects anything more from this one. The lore you find in the Sunken Scrolls is interesting, but nobody's gonna complain if you spoil those.

In fact, compared to the amount we could care about the lore/story/etc, we don't give much of a shit at all. The only thing we care about is whether or not there are lesbian Octolings.

Close up of the outfit.

Well, the retard who was trying to spoil something we already knew was going to happen wasn't lying, it's pretty damn lewd

the lore itself is fun to toy with, to theorize with.

If I'm seeing that right… it's borderline underboob. And those shorts are riding pretty low on her, too. Is that actually all skin, or is it a shirt or something?

I wanna fuck it either way

Use the screenshot button you fucking retard.

All she needs is a horn, an eye-patch, and a prosthetic arm and punished version will be complete.

Still that outfit. God damn that's a sexy edgelord.

Alright, fuck this shit –it's time to save Callie.

This is a bigger spoiler than Callie

Best girl is flat as a ironing board

I wonder if they would have swapped girls if Callie won and Marie lost

what if there was a tie?

That's called "taking the knot"

I wonder where you got that word from.

Now you're accusing me of cultural appropriation. NOT. COOL. I literally just
I can't

1v1 me fgt

alright calm down. how was your day? what kind of squiddery are you looking forward to?

DON'THURT HER

You couldn't be more cancerous if you tried.

Alright, I won't no worries.

I don't like seeing Callie like she is now, though.

Getting my switch Friday so Im pretty looking forward to this week. But wont have enough money to get that and Splatoon 2

My day was shit because we've been dealing with chronic absentees in the foods area at work for the last two months and we had almost nobody in the produce dept today and I was helping them take the cardboard out and the manager got upset because we stood around talking for 3 minutes while the backroom guy was literally just finishing emptying the baler. It soured at least 3 people for the evening

Probably some homo doujins that wont even be that good. Everything I like or want is always awful or out of reach or makes others angery.

i dont know how you get through the day having to miss out on comforts like that, or put up with hyper bullshit just to survive. i dont know if i could do that, im pretty lucky. youve impressed me and i hope you feel and do better.

THE VILLAIN AT THE END OF SPLATOON 2 IS CALLIE AND YOU HAVE TO KILL HER OR NUKE INKOPOLIS

I'm ok with this, villain girls are my fetish.

I sure hope there aren't

I hope we get to see more artwork of evil Callie. And maybe have lewd shots with Callie and Marina together.

Pearl is for headpats and bully.

Marie be an oppai slooth.

3 DAYS TO SPATS FESTIVAL

Do you feel it kaz?

SAY IT WITH ME

SHINDOL

SHINDOL

SHINDOL

Becoming a girl was a mistake.

squids are sluts

Do they want people to use their images or not

>mind-break as edgy as physically possible and surprisingly good non-standard vanilla

At least Sindoll can't be as bad as Mot is
Picture related.

SCHOOL
GIRL
MINI
SKIRTS
ARE
BACK

So when do we start posting the mushroom ladies?

Couple of minor spoilers and other details worth mentioning, now that reviews are starting to drop:
>Beating one Hero Mode stage with every possible weapon gives you a Crusty Sean food ticket
>Beating every Hero Mode stage with a single weapon unlocks a replica you can use in multiplayer

You just want people to cry don't you user?

Does anyone want to see Pearl and Marina's off-stage lives? I wonder if they're the type of artists who can't stand each other but somehow work together to produce masterpieces.

Pearl seems kind of entitled and bitchy so I bet she secretly moonlights as a cafe maid or soap girl

these dubs cannot lie

Pearl's Japanese name is "Hime". So I have no doubt Pearl is of the higher classes. Which is probably why she can't let go of her complexes.

As for Marina, I think she's familiar with Inkopolis law because she had to study it to immigrate legally. Marina also seems to be the most sinceer of the duo (damn those puppy dog eyes). While Pearl is assertive and aggressive possibly due to bullying. Marina could be the voice of reason and emotional support Pearl needs to keep in check.

Also the in world band that composed Splatoon 1's single player tracks is called Turqoise Tips if I remember. Marina is a DJ and she has turqoise tips on her fingers and hair. DJ Octavio also is thought to compose the hypnotic beats as well. Whether or not Marina is Octavio's family or not the two of them could have at one point worked together in the same band. If Marina is Octavio's daughter it'd make sense she'd want to get away from dad's crazy schemes of taking the zap fish for revenge on Inkopolis. And Marina's success at her career is thanks to Pearl giving her a chance to work on music with her.

Marina understands the technical stuff of music theory but Pearl knows the pop music market and what the mass market wants. The two butt heads and compromise all the time which works out in the end with music so different and fresh they quickly rose to A-rank tier. They'll never replace the Squid Sister's SS tier who's foundation is pop mixed with folk music. Annie and XABY/Chirpy Chips would probably be B-tier music due to their indie status.

Just throwing out autism.

I'm pretty sure Peal has to have skinship with Marina at some point because as a flat chested goddess it's her right to lewd wth Marina's exotic Amazonian body. I can imagine Pearl sucking on Marina's breast like a baby as she uses her finger to tease Marina's other nipple

The "Nintendo Switch Online" app just went live, but it's totally barebones right now.
As far as voice chat in Splatoon 2 is concerned, here's how it'll work:

>At the bottom of the Lobby (or Grizzco) menu is an Online Lounge option
>Create a 'room' by choosing a gametype (Private, League [Pairs], League [Teams], Salmon Run), and make sure "Send notification to my device" is on
>The room now appears on your smart device, and you can send out the invitation to other people (your Switch friend list, Recently Played players, or just a URL you can post)

aside from not having a map on the controller, i felt a lot more comfortable moving the dog around with how light it is compared to the tablet.

Think Mario Kart 8 and ARMS will be compatible with the app soon?

They obviously will be; the real concern is potential (lack of) compatibility with third-party games.

Which literally means "princess", yes. What about Marina?

Neat. I wish they had it in-built on the switch, carrying a cellphone for that is a pain in the ass. However "a URL you can post" seems perfect for Holla Forums meetups.

I still can't get used to the damn thing. Moving up&down is fine but looking sideways is horrible with motion controls so I have to use the stick. But then the stick doesn't do shit for up&down so it's two different things controlling the camera.

iida

They obviously don't because they put Marina in them. :^)

Marina's Japanese name is "Iida" which means "paddy of cooked rice" or "good rice paddy" in Japanese, Iida is also an alternative form of the name "Ida" which means "industrious one, work, labour" in Finnish.

Interestingly, there was a poem written by Alfred Lord Tennyson in 1847 called 'The Princess', which was later adapted into a play called 'Princess Ida' by Gilbert and Sullivan in 1884.

delicious brown octopussy

So Pearl is the American fatpig and Marina is the communist?
Wait a second… PEARL HARBOUR! THAT'S WHY SHE LOST! THOSE DAMN JAPS AND THEIR HISTORY REVIOSING!

Those tiny octopi look like spiders

What the fuck is going on in that webm?
Is the fish retarded?

Nope, That's the Australian Cone snail and it shoots poisonous barbs that can quickly kill humans but paralyzes fish and keep them form moving but they are still aware of what's going on, In fact it's amazing that the fish could even move at all and if you really pay attention to the video you could have seen the look of terror on the fish's face by how hard it was breathing

Well they always look like that when actually manage to fish some up from the nearby lake so I couldnt see anything out of the ordinary.
Why does it kill humans but not the fish?

Normally it shoots a barb, but the fish could move and the toxin in the cone snail can kill a human in seconds, so a fish is dead pretty much instantly. It also acts more like a harpoon and reels the fish back in after shooting it.

This fish was still moving and… well, idiocy doesn't live.

also
Fucking austrailia man.

And that's hardly the scariest thing found in the water, at least the creatures Russia's in lake are mostly harmless, usually.

Also you should know that Squid if given the chance and opportunity will gladly kill and eat a human

Blue ring octopus is also pretty cool

I genuinely thought this was shitposting until I searched Australian cone snail on google and saw articles about divers getting poisoned by the things. Jesus christ, what the fuck is up with that continent.

Reminder that cephalapods are known to be traps and are damn good at it.

Splatoon and underwater creature general

I'm not looking forward to cap'n's stories.

(Heil)
Cuttlefish more like CUCKlefish, amirite?

Thanks for beta testing Wii U cucks.

I wonder what the Squid Sister Amiibos will do.

Call me when the Switch has more than just Splatoon 2 as its library.

So would any carnivore. Humans are crunchy and goes good with catsup.

Its okay we are getting ports of all the things you bought :^)

Okay i'll go out and buy crazy taxi on the dreamcast by that logic buddo.

Can you fags take your argument somewhere else

>implying the Switch isn't just slightly more powerful than a Wii U and can barely run games better than it

NO!

And here comes the sagooniggercucks.

You'll never get your ten bucks back.

puyo puyo tetris

Could have been worse, I own a vita. I haven't played on it for over 2 years. Most I used to play on it is some psp titles since I never owned a psp.

nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/guide_how_to_invite_friends_and_use_voice_chat_on_the_nintendo_switch_online_app
Fuck, turns out it's even more restrictive than what I described in earlier:

>You can't join or hear the voice chat unless you're actually in the Online Lounge in-game (Mumble can stop holding its breath now)
>If your device takes focus away from the app, it doesn't keep voice chat running in the background; voice chat will suspend itself until you tab back in, then it attempts to re-join whatever room you were in
>Even if you set a password so people not using the app can join the room, only people on the host's Switch friends list can join via a password
>(UNCONFIRMED) Invitation URLs might need to be posted to a social network account / messaging app before you can actually see them

And of course, if you didn't already know, voice chat only sends and receives audio through the smart device itself, unless you buy those special HORI headphones or homebrew a spaghetti-cable solution.
Why the fuck did they bother, exactly?

Is Lossman, dare I say it, /ourguy/ now?

Why did Nintendo design Marina like that?

Some of those problems look like they'll be mitigated if a bunch of people regularly play together.

It's still only coming through the smart device, you're just using an audio splitter to join the game audio with your phone's audio.
Anybody smart is just going to use a bluetooth or wired headset with either the app or simply mumble.

Pic unrelated, but thought you fags might appreciate it.

Loss edit when?

Does anyone else kinda hate gaming on just the tablet? It's alright if I'm watching something else on the monitor but damn that fucker gets hot quick

I prefer tabletop mode myself. I do use motion controls to aim so I don't like using the tablet with joycons attatched.

sometimes the new hair styles made it hard to tell who was what. but thats something youll just get used to

hmm, maybe there should be some emphasis on her hair then. but that is hilarious

Is Pearl's crown really a hat. If not then what is it?

STOP BULLYING PEARL

BURN HER

BURN YOU

==IT BEGINS!!!=

NO! YOU!

that made my dick fucking harder

HUG HER

Austrailia has all kinds of shit that can kill you. To avoid getting killed by those cone snails, just don't pick up seashells that look like or similar to pic related, and never get in the water.

those are some fancy ice cream cones

Pls tell me it isnt DLC locked, then id really have a giggle
ALWAYS BULLY PEARL
REMOVE OCTOLINGS

Now that's my fetish.

Marie is objectively better tho

What the fuck man

Buckley is fucking retarded, can't tell a joke, and can't reflect, despite making a joke that should really cause him to do so. He's saying that these competitions(which should be a matter of opinion) don't mean anything because it's a popularity contest, and the more popular person's opinion is the one most agreed upon. But then, he says that Marina states that Hitler was awesome, and people like Marina over a shoe filled with poop, teeth, and AIDS. So, if the popular opinion that's been going on since after the Germans lost WWII was that Hitler was a bad person, doesn't that mean that the opinion is skewed? Could it mean that maybe Hitler wasn't all that bad, and we only assume Hitler is bad due to groupthink and wanting to fit in? This joke failed on on so many different levels, that it's baffling, and it shows how fucking stupid Buckley is. This is Garfield levels of terrible.

>That reprise of Tide Goes Out and Bomb Rush Blush in both the boss fight, and the credits.

heil trapsquids

But Inklings don't have skulls. Do they?

From looking at the scrolls in the first game, no. Most of their body is cartilage.

Cow Tools was a purposeful non-joke on the part of the creator. B^U actually attempts to tell a joke with every strip, he actually believes he is funny. That's the tragedy here.

youve deconstructed it and put everything on the table, theres a lot going on in your post and it makes it look like impressive writing.
this is the kind of stuff people talk about for decades, eventually finding its way into a museum.

but i dont like it because its pearl bullying. i cant have that but he can have a special ice cream cone.

i prefer to think they stand with muscle and inklings are just demonically strong. i still want to hug one though.

Remind me to never go on Holla Forums while a new awesome looking game just came out.

Not doubting that they're strong aside from the fact that water is bad for them. Would go shopping, and have lunch and coffee with one.

?????

Pretty sure inklings like real squids would have a pen, or chitin like back, for support. Their "teeth" are beaks made of chitin as well.

And fuck do I want to comission a doujin about Marina asking a promise from the ink boy who survived a threesome with Squid Sisters to "comfort Pearl's frustrations". In other words gentle, slow, and comfy vanilla. Vanilla wedding cake is best flavor of cake.

i heard water is fine, but the polluted water in their world is not. which leads me to wonder why theyve got polluted water in their shopping mall. imagine if shopping malls had lava fountains.

The boss music could have been much better though, the second half was fine.

I want to know what canonically happened to our characters from the first game. Is there like some sort of age limit for squid kids to go to Inkopolis where kids who are too old aren't allowed to play turf war or something? How many years apart do the games take place? I want answers.

SHUT THE FUCK UP I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANY MORE ABOUT IT UNTIL I SEE IT WHILE PLAYING

Is this supposed to sound like a bad thing? It doesn't sound like a bad thing.

youre going to have to leave the thread for a few days. if they want to fuck with you theyre going to fuck with you. itll be here when you get back

dont you have a wedding to prepare for, bowser?

AND YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT DENY THE ALLURE OF SPOILED TEXT
COME ON user, GIVE IN TO YOUR DESIRES
OHHHH WHAT DOES IT SAY???
MADDENING ISNT IT??
YOU JUST WANT TO LOOK SO BAD
FEELS GOOD DOESNT IT user????
FEELS REEAL GOOD, BUT MAYBE THE NEXT SPOILER WILL BE YOUR LAST
ITS KILLING YOU
ISNT IT??

Maybe they change the water during turf wars and splatfest to add some edge.

That sounds awesome, and an interesting concept for another ink game.

FLUORIDE IN THE DRINKING WATER IS TURNING SQUIDS GAY
BUY MY BOOK

I want the world of Splatoon to be explored. I want to see more than just Inkopolis and Octo valley. I want to see the Inkling's materialistic society. I want to know if Marina is the only Octoling in Inkling society or if they've all kind of integrated besides the ones still in Octo valley. I want to see what Inklings look like when they grow up past the age of 14.

I WANT THE LORE
This CoroCoro anime better not be shit.

Can they even drink water?

God fucking damn it that gave me a hearty chuckle.

What kind of creature could even biologically survive without water? I think they put something in the water to make squids respawn because Inklings don't know how to swim and they would otherwise drown.

how about just
>never go to australia ever for any reason whatsoever

This

Yeah, it's for the best to never ever set foot into that country.

You can't fool me Australia, I'm coming for your VB.

what makes you say that inklex jones?

is good

Yeah awful, give me your trashy inkling boys

I mean seriously every time I learn something about australia it gets worse. Just look up the Irukandji jellyfish. It has stingers all over its body not just the tentacles, and it can actually LAUNCH the damn things if it needs to. If you get stung, nothing happens for about half an hour but then stuff like this sets in.

to quote wikipedia:

It literally makes you want to die, and can last for several fucking WEEKS if you even live that long. And the motherfucker is tiny so you wont even see it most likely. Pic related.

If you ever find yourself considering going to australia just stick a gun in your mouth and pull a trigger. You'll likely die with a lot less pain.

Why isn't the CIA all over this?

yeah, it could just be that arrowana mall opts in to being an arena to cater to fans who watch the stuff. the prospect of being a live audience had to draw in a lot of kids and squids

inkboys are the best

Normally, I'm not into shota, and barely even like traps. But inkboys just make me rock-hard for some reason.

the animals there are parodies of earth creatures from hell. the blue ring octopus mentioned earlier essentially curses you to drown. it paralyzes you and you cant breathe.

Never seen the second one. Is it good?

That jellyfish, the cone snail, and fucking kangaroos are living breathing hellspawn.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if all the myths and legends handed down by people are actually true in some form or another. Our ancestors could have ascribed many a thing like this to be a curse, but in reality they just didnt have the knowledge to describe it any better.

all i know is i want to see a blue ring octololi witch now

wtf that's not the image I picked

One minute in Photoshop. It tells the same joke, and it isn't over explaining the joke to people who don't play Splatoon. Tim needs to hire an editor or something. And a writer. And an illustrator.

The only good thing to come out of buckley is loss.

He’s going to get SO much flack from kikes and leftists for going against their narrative.

You realize that this is LITERALLY every single argument that every single liberal has ever made, right?

Hegelian dialectic –> false dichotomy –> reducto ad absurdum

They all have to be killed. It’s the only way to save the people too stupid not to notice this.

What did Treehouse mean by this?

IT'S TIME TO CHOOSE.
poal.me/wmrz7t

Honestly I can't really choose. I have too many reasons to like both.

>There's no word on the shipment containing the Amiibo and the microphone headset, though.

I'm thinking about picking up the art book at the Barnes and Noble tomorrow.

Okay but if you don't hotglue it on arrival YOU DONT KNOW SHIT about vidya

You mean the headset?

Oh baby, show that slut how shit happens in Inkopolis

it gets brought to a sea urchin and rerolled until its perfect?

Jesus christ that's good stuff

i thought team naughty was pink

Pink team smells weird

relieves your heartburn though

Remember how cringy people felt when the Squid Sisters were first revealed?

We've come a long way.

We had no idea how big of a role they would play in the game itself. I think if we knew they'd be important characters and not just "some weird Japanese idol thing" we wouldn't have been so apprehensive. Remember that was also the Wii U era Nintendo, which gave us such classics as Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Star Fox: Zero Players.

I can't think of much other than Splatoon that they really did right. MK8 and Pikmin 3 were about it.

people found it cringy? i would like to think everyone on Holla Forums was excited to see some lolis.

I voted octonigger but there's nothing wrong with Pearl. She's an adorable rap god.

Yeah honestly I don't know what he's talking about, I don't think anyone on Holla Forums thought the squid sisters were cringe

I did. They came out of left field and I was still getting used to the squid teeth, I didn't expect the squids to speak gibberish either (or speak at all).
Nintendo isn't well known to make in-depth characters so it came off to me as a cheesy side-attraction for children. Little did I know how much care would be put into their personas.

Honestly, I can't choose, either. I have too many reasons to hate both.

I enjoyed SM3DW and Kirby Triple D, if that means anything.

Is it bad if I look back with nostalgia on things that happened less than two years ago? Is there an official nostalgic/not-nostalgic cutoff time?

While not CIA, rumor has it the British Army asked for samples of the Aussie stinging brush for their research. Contact with the leaves of this plant has been described as being burnt with hot acid and electrocuted at the same time.

Australian ex-serviceman Cyril Bromley described falling into a stinging tree during mili­tary training on the tableland in World War II. Strapped to a hospital bed for three weeks and administered all manner of unsuccessful treatments, he was sent “as mad as a cut snake” by the pain. Cyril also told of an officer shooting himself after using a stinging-tree leaf for “toilet purposes”.

He’s had too many stings to count but Ernie Rider will never forget the day in 1963 that he was slapped in the face, arms and chest by a stinging tree. “I remember it feeling like there were giant hands trying to squash my chest,” he said. “For two or three days the pain was almost unbearable; I couldn’t work or sleep, then it was pretty bad pain for another fortnight or so. The stinging persisted for two years and recurred every time I had a cold shower.”

Dendrocnide moroides, also known as the stinging brush, mulberry-leaved stinger, gympie gympie, gympie, gympie stinger,stinger, the suicide plant, or moonlighter, is common to rainforest areas in the north east of Australia.

At least the animal's kill you, instead of letting you suffer.

The best part about 2d is dark skinned beauties dont look or act like real niggers. If they did/do then I would agree with you.

Nintendo isn't known to make obviously deep characters. The best example I can think of is Samus, where the entire story is told almost entirely through gameplay with a few games of exception.

With how much care had been put into the 90s kid aesthetic and gameplay, I didn't think they'd screw up with the squid sisters. I guess it just comes down to faith. I trusted them to get their first new IP in a long time right.

With how fast everything goes these days, especially with the rise of the internet, it becomes extremely easy to feel nostalgic for things quicker. I'm extremely nostalgic for how i felt when Splatoon was coming out, so I'm happy that I'm getting about the same feeling with Spla2n

I fucking KNEW there was a thing in australia that caused you pain for that long. I thought it was the jellyfish, but I guess it's a plant. That sounds fucking horrible.

You're an idiot and you're missing the point.
Fuckley is implying that you could have placed any kind of absolutely terrible option for Marina (yes, to him "hitler did nothing wrong" is a terrible option) and it would still be voted on because Marina herself is more popular than Pearl.

He is not supporting the idea that maybe Nazis weren't so bad, on the contrary. He is implying everyone is a fucking douchebag that will choose despicable options because there's a cute girl attached to it.

What thread am I in again?

I think gg thread is taking over the board.

Lame.
i'm just kidding, it's a good final boss fight, but it's still about what i was expecting.

It was just the way they were first introduced back during the 5/7/15 Nintendo Direct.

This was our very first glimpse at them just a little less than 3 weeks before the game came out.

Splatoon and Australia general

callie really has fallen

IF YOU'RE GOING TO POST A FUCKING SPLATOON 2 HERO MODE SPOILER, THEN FUCKING SPOILER THE IMAGE.

me thinks thou doth project too much.

Someone should photoshop Simon's star glasses onto Callie

Duh. It was all over the promo art.

Also no people were hyped for squid idols

what kind of horror story is this

CALLIE IS THE VILLAIN YOU HAVE TO SHOOT HER OR NUKE INKOPOLIS

YES

It was in the Hero Mode trailer. This is news to you?

I want to jam his whole dick in my mouth

Has anyone tried them out yet? I'm really interested in the dualies.

yeah that's why I'm asking.

RIP Splatoon
Anyone want to see it off with some squad battles tonight?

it plays similar to the splash-o-matic in splat1.
the main difference is that you cant jump while shooting but instead roll out of the way. it has fast falling properties so you can use it to get down quick on vertical maps like moray towers.
generally you'd shoot with it and if you don't kill them you finish them off with the water balloon.
the missile special is kinda blah though. its a weird hybrid between bomb rush and inkstrike with none of the benefits of either.
overall its a decent mobile kit. you can go up walls quick with balloons and get down with fastfall. can fuck with people (especially charger users) with the roll. and might get even better with variants.

stuck waiting for the digital version to unlock.. it does unlock at midnight right? wait.. pacific time? oh no.

You're the reason why Buckley over explains his jokes. That simplified version expresses exactly what you're suggesting and not that Hitler did nothing wrong.

Oh shit. We pasted 300 posts. At Midnight I'll make the new thread

Fuck the rules we got a celebration to do for the sequal.

CALLIEFAGS BTFO

WEW

I'm working all day tomorrow. I might be forcd to buy the game digital if I can't find it at retail. Either way I probably won't be able to play until Saturday.

I know Marina has TnA but I think Pearl could possibly be the better pillow. She's soft kinda plump loli with squishy head. Plus I know Pearl will have that virgin smell. Something I know Marina won't have.

So I got the artbook today.

I was expecting some thick softback book with maybe 120 or 150 pages plus.

But instead I got this big thick hardback with like 400 pages.

where can i order?

Some concept art of Callie and Marie before their final design.

Amazon, for like $27. That's a deal when the back of the book says $39.99.

Here are some very prototypical sketches of what was to eventually be the Squid Sisters.

Forgot that came out. I'lll pick it up soon

christ make them blurrier would you

Marie would look good in all of those outfits and I am really digging the 4th inkling with the microphone

Hey. Fuck you.

With all those different outfits I want a fashion show with the squid sisters. Heck maybe a fashion show in general that lays out the gear of a specific brand and it's main abilities.

Nope, ACTUAL midnight. 9pm Pacific Time, according to the countdown in the emails Nintendo is sending out.

Though it'll probably be midnight Pacific Time by the time we actually get to play, since we have to download the damn thing first.

Someone can give me a .webm version of the rap squids?

Will Marie and Callie be back in splatoon 3 as announcers since they reunited at the end of 2? Squid sisters vs Off the hook splatfest?

2v2 splat fest, Pearl and Marina vs Callie and Marie

So Pearl's side would be Off the hook and marina's would be Squid sisters?

No, It would be a 2v2 user

I want Marina to be related to Octavio so badly. Possibly as a daughter. Seeing the conflict of Marina fighting her father to peacefully live with the inklings in Inkopolis would be a drama anime in itself.

doesn't this imply that multiple octolings went to the surface?

didn't mean to reply
sorry >///

Does this mean there's sunken scrolls in Splation 2?

But yes I imagine there would be multiple octolings on the surface either through free will or as spies for the Octarians. Octavio might be crazy, but I think he wants to return the Octarians back to the glory days of ruling the surface. He needs the zapfish to power the tech needed to do so. The rising sea levels isn't easing on the pressure either.

Marina also wants to conquer Inkopolis. However her path is different. She is collaborating with Pearl-hime to win the hearts of the citizens with music like the Squid Sisters did rather than use her father's forceful methods.

Also would Marina be the squid sister's biggest fan? I'd like to see her Squid Sister shrine.

Here are all the sunken scrolls youtube.com/watch?v=8u4qeaONpw4&feature=youtu.be

Pearl is a huge callie fan and Marina likes both equally

So if Callie gives headpats to Pearl, will Pearl die?

sure why not

I always knew sheldon was a jew

Whose in the mumble so we can give splatoon 1 a proper send off

Im thinking of jumping in, its been months since I played, more like a year since I played seriously, but I still want to give 'er a good send off. Its going to take me a minute to find all the cords for the system though.

So, who else /2811-7503 here?

Only one gamestop nearby is doing a midnight release and no stores around me even say they have the amiibos in stock. I didn't preorder shit because I didn't think I would get a switch in time.
I'm so tired this shit better be fun

New thread for ppl to post in the sequal

What the hell happened to the other thread

Why the hell won't it let me back into the new thread, I keep getting 404 page not found, But I can check the catalog and see the site is working and the thread is bumping with anons posts, but I can't access the thread?

Treacherous luck

Is it still impossible to go to a brick and mortar store and walk out with a Switch?

I've checked all the stock update sites and it says everywhere is out of stock still but I find that difficult to believe.

Someone who's been out of the house recently please give me a basic sitrep on Switch stock.