We lost Project M for THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

wavedash.com/
twitter.com/Txudou/status/887093317326053376
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that Battleborn

its another MOBAshit?

Those abilities and animations are so blatantly stolen from Smash that it's ridiculous. At that point why even bother making your own OC?

Battleborns style sure is popular

Generic and boring

I expect this to be moderately successful regardless just because the Fighting Game community is so fucking autistic.

But holy shit, could they have bothered putting even an OUNCE of fucking creativity or deviance from the game that Nintendo kicked them from? I mean holy shit they didn't even fucking TRY

Well at least its getting shat on. Now that they have to try to be original and not outright steal shit, they cannot do it.

Also those hit SFX sound like cardboard boxes smashing against each other

I expect it to be barely successful, Melee is impenetrable. It'll get picked up by some tourney players briefly, then they'll go back to Melee and their followers will forget it ever existed because Melee cannot be stopped.

Christ, at least TRY to have your own identity. It's especially funny because those characters look forgettable as fuck.

Here's a webm, OP-coon

god fucking DAMN that's shit

Should've called it Underwatch

I actually like the concept of a "fuck nintendo" edition of smash, but this is just hideous. It's more soulless than a car insurance mascot.

It's called fucking ICONS?

What the fuck happened.

Looks like a shitty Chinese knock off of smash. Was this done by the Chinese?

That's a re-skinned version of smash bros.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT MELEE FAGS BRO!!!!
I TOLD YOU DOG!

Those designs are fucking disgusting. Who looks at this and thinks it's suitable?
I'm still not the biggest fan of Rivals of Aether's character direction, but it and its gameplay still looks miles more interesting than this crap.

It worked well for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it'll work this time!

OwO what's this?

And there it is.

Fuck me, that art style is atrocious, never mind the fact that many of those characters were obvious Overwatch clones.

We should alert Nintendo to this. Maybe get it C&D'd

bowser, yoshi, kirby, all the damn pokemon, hell even just the more toon-themed characters, they help break up the monotony of a bunch of pretty boy swordsmen, and fist fighters in smash
even Rivals as furry baiting as it is mixes things up with Orcane
seriously one of those characters just looks like a generic orc NPC from WoW

Holy shit that looks awful

This has got to be the most forgettable character design I've ever seen a game have in my life

This looks like a shitty chink smash-clone spinoff of LoL, right down to the lame-ass character designs

Oh, and anyone who is surprised or is feigning to be surprised
There is literally only one way this tourney fag shit could come out, sterile, marketable, drry.

I just didn't think it'd look this exceptionally Chinese

when will devs stop thinking like that

It could only look chinese knockoff, need I remind you of the "Totally not team fortress 2: Making loadouts their own character is totally a good idea and not retarded we swear"

For what purpose?

Okay, gameplay wise it looks passable and visually it looks like the Jak art directors rised from their grave. Whats really annoying me is the sound effects and kinaesthetics. Even Smash64 conveyed force of hits and power better than that. The hit sound effects dont really have the same kind of umph as something like landing a falcon punch or hitting someone with a home run bat both visually or sound wise. They sound hollow or flat outright and the sparks the fly off lack the visual flair smash has. Look at how hits look like in , its night and day.

What is Project M?

I feel like you people either never actually knew or have completely forgotten how egregiously awful Battleborn looked. This shit looks League of Legends bad, mildly cartoony and very generic. Battleborn is eye rape bad, with proportions that look like a 6 year old's scribbles.

Things that will likely be better than this:
Rivals of Aether
The PM mod where you can play as pepsiman
Brawlhalla
Fucking Brawlhalla

A mod for Brawl that made it play more like Melee, Nintendo took it down for copyright infringement and so Sm4sh wouldn't have competition at tourneys

It's like they're fucking aware that people primarily give a shit about Smash because it's a crossover Nintendo game, but they're not quite aware enough to know that when stripped of Nintendo, nobody cares.

Some sources attested there was no actual pressure and I'd say they're right given Nintendo made no effort to try and mitigate Melee and Brawl tourneys to highlight Sm4sh. PM devs were also extremely tight-lipped about why they took it down and actively tried to shout down anybody who hit too close to the mark; I remember they practically got in a screaming match with the dev who was locked out of the project but leaked an older beta that had more-or-less-complete Knuckles and incomplete Lyn because he didn't care what their reasons for taking it down were.

This is the most autistic post I've read on Holla Forums yet. It really isn't such a stretch to say nintentoddlers indeed have weapon's grade autism.

also kill yourself

Your contribution to the board is appreciated and you've singlehandedly increased its quality. You are the best poster I've ever seen. Keep up the good work for all our sakes'.

Trying really hard to fit in eh new friend?

If you thought that was weapons-grade, come by Thursday and you'll see black hole Nintendo autism.

Weren't people saying that Konami was pushing for the D&c because Snake was in the game?

Back to Street Fighter 5, leaf.

What the fuck.

What's happening on Thursday?

That was one theory being floated around at the time but I don't remember if there was ever any actual credibility to it beyond hearsay.

They sure are funny. When's Knuckles?

I'm very unaware of the story but could someone summarize for me of the Project M and this?

Long story short Project M was quietly shitcanned by its developers in favor of another project; PM devs swore up and down it wasn't legal trouble, rumors flew around for forever about copyright claims from Konami and Nintendo (Konami due to Snake and Nintendo due to everything else about it). PM devs would go into histrionics for a short while after the deed was done since they didn't want to see or hear about it, and matters were made worse for them because a lesser dev in the project had leaked a beta with incomplete characters that were slated for release but never released. I don't recall any tangible proof of legal action at any point, myself, just say-sos that it happened. Predominant theory for a time (and the one that strikes me as most likely) is that they were beginning development on what's now Icons, and they scrapped the project so they couldn't be accused of nicking code from Brawl and Melee. let it go through properly this time god damn it i've deleted it three times now

They didn't even try to add any personality to their own stages. They might as well have a single non-textured platform floating in empty space if they were going to go full retard final destination tourneyshitter.
Have some fucking identity. This looks dull as dishwater.

Indie game concept artists suck dick. This is the millionth game where it's clear whatever the artist drew first became a final design.

Kek, everyone here should move it along. I can't wait for the devs to make a statement

Fuck off, you raging tryhard faggot. You don't fit in.

Wow. You'd think the people who worked day and night at shaping Brawl into something good would know a thing or two about Smash.

:^)

Yeah, except they fucked up all the fundamentals.

tumblr bros?

You do realise Project M is a mod that's built off of Brawl, meaning it's riding off the works of professional AAA industry artists, sound designers and programmers? I'm not saying game designers.
Most of the original stuff added into Project M that wasn't mechanics are pretty similar in quality to what you see now. Now consider that they have to do what they did except from scratch.

Food for thought.

Aside from Goat-Mario and White-Pharah, none of the characters' silhouettes stand out and their colors blend into the scenery. They should have purposefully highlighted the characters using a color palette that was distinctly brighter and different from the one of the backgrounds. Their character design is also fucking horrible. They should've focused on adding stereotypical aspects to the characters first, highlighting certain features (i.e. NotMario should have fists as big as his face regardless of his body, the sword master should have all its details concentrated on his sword and sword hand etc.) and most importantly they should have focused on making their fantasy race consistent with similar characters.

Instead, they made all the characters this very weird elf Jak and Daxter fantasy race but put them all in battle suits that don't really do much except make everyone look like not-Samus.

I get that this is a pre-alpha, but a game shouldn't be shown in this state. This is embarrassing.

The models and stages look good actually. They just need to change the lighting, post-processing effects, and particle effects.

It doesn't look visually good because they want to prioritize playability and optimization, which is great as they have an F2P model! However, if you want to sell your product. It has to look good as a lot of people judge a book by it's cover and not by it's code or mechanics. Don't assume that the public thinks what you think, assume that they're casual plebs that don't know how to hold a controller.

This is actually pretty great. Lots of people have been saying for years that "Smash without items and only on final destination would be a shit game, even more if you only focus on wavedash autism".
And for years this criticism was met with "you're just bad at the game, real hardcore players want a chalenge!"

Well now here's definitive proof!
I'm sure any regular Smash player would get his ass kicked by any Icons veteran (if there is ever such a thing lmao) due to their focus on skill ceiling, but they've completely ruined all the good things there were in Smash to begin with and made an high-skill-low-fun "game".

All characters seem like exactly the same thing but with minor tweaks like "this one has 10% extra reach on heavy attacks, this one jumps 5%faster", instead of the iconic characters with widly different characteristics and movesets.

All the stages are exactly the same thing, all focused on the ebin "1v1 me fgt" stage instead of the cool open and large stages before.

Items were and always have been a chaos factor inserted into the game that does separate the "good players" from the actually good ones. A good player will utilize everything around him to win and can react to random variables, instead of demanding 200% control of what happens in the screen.
And yet they removed that element, all because "bob-ombs spawn directly on top of you at least 5 times every single match, I swear on me mum!" or they don't like that the game gives the oportunity for comebacks to lesser skilled, even though that's just the game admitting they are indeed better.

Raging autists got the game they deserve, can't wait for the Switch version of Smash instead so the cycle is complete.

kek that's the only way they'd get people to play

I really fucking hate this "cartoon" artstyle with it's autistically bright colours and bothersome cell-shading.

*its

This looks absolutely awful. If you said someone from here made this by themselves I'd believe you.

I fucking hate that phrase. Pre alpha is drawing board, before coding even happens, this is beta at the very least.

Makes it super easy to defend the game if it looks like shit, too.

OP is a faggot

Beta is when all the shit that's going to be in the game is in the game and focus shifts to working all the kinks out. I doubt that's what's happening here

I don't think that's the case here

Just… what?

Even when Digimon did Rumble arena and rumble arena 2, it put more thought in it, such as making it so KOing your opponent just by beating the shit out of them until their HP was low enough

There's a reason why the developers of Smash decided to make all the characters Nintendo characters while working on 64. "Platform fighters" is at best a fucking party game and is best treated as such. It's the equivalent of cooking a meal, and throwing away everything but one ingredient.

more impressive than anything in this shitpile.

I could have come up with more inventive shit over the course of 4 hours and had a roster of about 12

I can tell from the thumbnail I would never play that. It has that unprofessionally generic ass "vidya art school" look.

You Smash fags will finally have your torney shit game, with permanent no items and bland stages without hazards. Maybe you will finally stop complaining about Smash Bros. and stripping it out of content and features.

I don't care if it's made to be more competitive like fighting games, but holy fuck there's zero originality it's almost disappointing.
Even Rivals of Aether showed off how they're different with crazy characters and actual mechanical differences.

Okay so it looks like shit but maybe it'll play well.
It probably won't but we can at least hope everything looks and sounds like ass because they knew where to put their priorities (the gameplay).
Considering they took a mod where all they had was gameplay modifications, then had to build art and sound from scratch, it's not the worst thing I've ever seen (but that's about the best I can give it).

I'll be remaining hopeful but cautious.

Green girl even has Ganon/CF's dair.

The footage is clearly nowhere near beta and those animations suggest it isn't in alpha yet.

Yeah, they clearly rushed this out so they could have something to show at Evo but they really should have just held off and done a reveal on the game's own time and advertised at Evo or another big Smash tournament some other day.

From their Twitter activity they seem to be liking a lot of tweets critical of the trailer. They have an actual history of listening to people. The character Ashani used to look like a boring Niggress in a purple jumpsuit until "fan" backlash, but now she looks like something that at least resembles a memorable design.

They probably put all their time into gameplay since it's suppose to be an (((e-sports))) game and all that bullshit

Yes best case scenario it's other m with horrible design in every other aspect. Making it a super serious esport party fighting game without any of smash appeal

Daily reminder that this is what serious smash looks like

got a webm?

Rivals of Aether actually has quite a bit of traced animations but whatever

This came out when it hit steam, seems like they added more shit to it.

Before Smash, there was Outfoxies.

That game had an awesome concept too. I'm a huge sucker for the "underground assassin" setting.

Isn't this just a shitty rip off of Digimon Rumble Arena 2?

God, Rivals of Aether did everything right.
>tfw I asked them if they'd make a 3D/ 2.5D sequel if the game sold well and they said it's a definite possibility
Only thing that sucks is apparently the netcode was always janky and some post-launch patches made online play completely broken for periods of time.

I can see casuals gettin into this if they don't fuck up the gameplay, but it ain't gonna take off unless they make some tastier waifubait

at least we have brawlout?

Time to get digging.

wavedash.com/

"Man, I really like meat but all this shit on my burger is ruining it. Let's eat 5 patties and nothing else!"
t. Wavedash

That doesn't mean shit if they do shit gameplay though. They stripped every unique element out of Smash that made it memorable and fun, and now they are competing on the same grounds as every other fighter with an already established fanbase, meta, strategies. How are they ever gonna make anything more deep, interesting and skill based than games that have professional teams with several years of experience working on it?
Every other Smash clone knows this so well they prefer focusing on the gimmicks because they know it's what sets them apart.

And let's not forget, this all because a few autists throw a tantrum every time a random element in the game doesn't favour them.
They had a point with random slipping but healing items spawning closer to more injured players is just a mechanism to allow for comebacks keeping the fight interesting from start to finish.
Their whole concept of gameplay is "I must control every single aspect of it or it's shit" which is okay for traditional fighters, but Smash was all about keeping your cool in a chaotic random environment and reacting fast to every change around you.

Man.
Meleefags are the actual worst.

EMBRACE DIVERSITY

Nothing of value was lost

Disgusting smash bros reskin.
I'd say, "for what purpose" but it's always for the cash.

>EMBRACE DIVERSITY
hahahahahahaha

man, brawhalla has better animations than that.

how can you fail so badly?

(((Diversity))) from another group of people who think that (((Diversity))) = Mongoloid butch lesbian

I don't mind. They unknowingly pander to my fetish anyway.

Pathetic if you think that`s how you design muscle girls

It's nice that teen hormonated underageb& summerfags reveal themselves this easily.

It`s like a SSM version of a sonic OC recolor

Also there`s no sense of weight at all and the sound effects are awful, what were they thinking

In that case it's more like wanting only the sauce.

Well, show me a proper design.

I bought all Senran Kagura games. Leep yourself butt-blasted.

You sound defensive, maybe because i was right in my claim.

The wide hips, wider than the shoulders, thick tights that accentuate the female form regardless of the bulky torso, SMALL HANDS OR YOU JUST MADE A TRANNY

The green thing you praised is just male proportions with tits and a neotenous face, it`s like those female body builders that grew so much they lost all female form they once had, at this point why make a female at all.

Looks like you understand what`s good design, don`t praise mediocrity lightly

is that a man?

Yes, we get it, you like eating shit and men with tits.
Why are you afraid of everyone else seeing your retardation? This is an anonymous imageboard, child.

It's got enough HGH to be considered one for sure.

This is bullshit. Female body usually have hips and shoulders of the same size, what is important is the curvature in between them, which is accomplished here
What actually compliments and accentuate a female figure, as you said, is thick thighs, but even a man can do that. Shoulders:Hips ratio argument for "muh tranny" is pretty weak.

She probably just works out a lot her arms.

Thanks for at least including credit in your images mate. You need to go back

indeed same proportions happen in reality but that doesn`t mean it`s good design, our brain register females are having the proportions I explained, on the pic you posted however this happens due to the slim waist in relation to the hips, however that`s not inherently a "female" trait.

the OR YOU JSUT MADE A TRANNY part is relevant only to the size of hands, female have natural smaller hands in proportion to the rest of the body, that`s a constant even if the lady has bulging muscles as you can`t actually reliably build muscle on your hands.

Check the file name, fam, I got it from here probably before you came, unlike your pic.

That's literally off-topic.

That actually looks way better than this "Icons" shit. I'm surprised I haven't seen this game before.

So, can Nintendo sue them for this if they ever attempt to sell in-game items? Or are they safe because they re-skinned everything?

Yours do because you've been conditioned to think of female body like that. What is perceived as hot in females change over the time and culture. Pretty sure there are cultures that adore fat women, and there were a lot of them. Not even shoulders/hips preferences are consistent.
There are no "inherently female traits" so to speak, just what is more relevant at the moment. Basically, you have normalfag tastes when it comes to proportions, that's not to be ashamed about, but to claim that is the objective truth is laughable. As for design, it depends on preferences, what I give to you is that this is just another fashion to model women like those.
Fair enough, I skipped the hands part by mistake.

Looks like skylanders designs, mate.

The stages are the same to pander to melee fags, obviously, but there's nothing remotedly interesting about them.
That would be another rope in their neck considering they want no items fox only fags.

Bullshit, there`s elements that don`t change and are actually present regardless of culture, accepting what you said as fact is the same as reject biology, pure post-modernism crap.

They sure did but as some kind of ideal aesthetic rather than an ideal breeding partner.

Google neoteny and go from that, there`s objectively traits that happen on nature that are more common in female than on males and vice versa, regardless of species.

Preferences do exist but excusing shit taste as "it`s just my preference" isn`t laughable, it`s` just sad.

Top wew

There is an objective way to measure beauty. I know it's different from attraction/preference. Also there was a study where women would smell men's shirts and the man with most symmetrical face's sweat smelled better (even though men are more visual).

This sounds like "traps aren't gay/trans-people biology territory, if you don't mind me saying.

There are distinct female traits because 'healthy women have much more than estrogen than men, so even low estrogen women have more than any man. Physically, estrogen generates female traits such as breasts and larger hips. That's what makes them inherently female trails regardless of preference/culture/attraction.

Men produce ten times more estrogen than women. This is why MtF transwomen try to not transition late because the testosterone effects their body too much.Our gender (internal+externalsex organs, our hormones, our brains) effect how we look, when the biology is healthy men will look like men and women like women. Regardless of hormones in the food or culture influences.

Name one, fag. Even if you can, there's a change is anatomically incorrect like liking cow tits. For example, sure, woman will always have small hands, but is usually overlooked by common masses.
Just like any other idealistic "female trait".
I never really denied this, but that doesn't mean they are prettier or hotter because of those traits. As long as it have a vagina and soft breasts, even if they're flat, then it's a female. Whether it's hot or not is subjective.
There is an objective way to determine a woman, what is not objective is what makes that woman hot, fag. You might like muscles, but it's clear you don't have to like them for the same reasons I do. Claiming that the way you like them is better is indeed sad, and trying to justify it is pathetic.

user made me a favor reminding me of Betty Boop
Kek.

I bet you think men used to have three foot long penises due to the priaptic fetishes, you uncultured buffoon.

HOW

All of this could`ve been avoided if you just said "I like the butch dyke physic and can`t differentiate it from modestly built women", everyone would call you a fag and move on with your day, you don`t even need to take anyone from basket weaving forums seriously, it`s your preference as you said and what do we know?

My whole argument is that you are incapable of identify subtle elements that identify females, something that`s paramount on character design and is non existing nowadays in current year industry.

I am a thick kind of guy, maybe that`s why your taste bothered me so much.

Black women have that build. Do you even Olympics homie?

sad thing is
if they had worked for playstation battle royale with this gameplay, playstation battle royale would've sold.

This gameplay with no iconic IPs will not sell at all

they are also often diseased and that form plummet once they approach their 40s

they also breed shitskin spawns

It just recently got that money. What you're seeing here is mostly the efforts of the "made in a garage" phase of development.

Like what? Beauty pageant? Come on. If the point of beauty is experiencing satisfaction then there's no objective beauty. There are, however, common traits that might amplify the reach of it, though.
I mean, ok.
It's ok. Liking traps is literally gay because you like a guy. You can be mislead, but once you know the truth you can't help but to get turned off unless you're actually gay.
As this user pointed out There's a difference between an ideal aesthetic from an ideal breeding partner. Say, I like a bulimic person because she is skinny, but she would be terrible for breeding. Just like transgenders, you ca modify your body a lot using external sources, giving a man women traits, and in some cases is almost unnoticeable.
I guess it all rounds to whether you like vag or penis, because chopped penises and open wounds should be easy to identify.

But I don't just like modestly built women, fag, I also like really muscular ones. And you're one to talk
Call me a fag a move on with you life, I guess.
I do, but your argument is shit from the beginning. The green orc in this game have tits, what else do you want to me more feminine? It even have the right curves in her abdomen.
I'm not really strict in my taste, I also like thick. As I said with the definition of beauty, is beautiful as long as it's pleasant to see, and that may vary. I wonder what you may think of pic related

PS Battle royale fucked itself over wanting to be different, although they tried a lot to be Digimon Rumble Arena 2.

Why are you saging, are you concerned about receiving backlash? I completely disagree with you, but I won't treat you poorly because of it. Everyone says unkind things to blow off steam, I don't blame you.

Those characters are bland as fuck, but I guess I could go for another Smash game that isn't slow and sluggish. Shame there's no items.

2nd has to be shopped.

Nah, most European women get that curvy look naturally.

I'm referring to the gameplay/animations/stages. Not the art direction, but hell even that is better than Icons.

the character design in knockoff games and poseurs, like a battleborn, always gets me. people care about the smash characters because they have established stories and signature moves. nobody gives a fuck about quirky the tumblr concept art turd.
if a fighting game isn't using established characters it really has to knock it out of the park with character design.

No they don't.

Like the example i posted about asymmetrical faces. This also has to do with the golden ratio,
www.Goldennumber.Net/beauty/

Not for straight men, the moment he post-op tranny tells the man her original gender he has been forced to have a gay experience. It's not as simple as having a penis or vag, Gay relationships are a deviation from the norm.

I agree.

Starting a relationship with someone who has modified their body to fool someone is a blatant deception. Regardless of how attractive he is, the initial part of the their contact is a lie. Transwomen look for straight men, but pull in men with woman dick fetishes.

That would have been fixed if she had some hair and a bit more bust.

But that probably would have required them to actually make some assets of their own

Holy fuck that's cool. Is the game worth the price of admission?

jej'd

They don't even have Jigglypuff clone! Dropped.

It has the graphics and design of a brazilian unity browser game, but if it's made by the same guys who made Project M, maybe it'll have decent gameplay.
r-right

No idea, I haven't played or bought the game.

It's more than likely infiltrators hanging onto the worlds largest coattail daisy-chain.

It's not from the PM guys, apparently only three people who were on the team are on Icon. I don't think it should've been shown in its current state.

Everything wrong with this game can be summed up in a single word: Variety.
If you look at all the Smash games, you'll notice that just about everything is an option.
You can play with items or without
You can play on final destination and battlefield or hyrule temple, onett, and fucking great cave offensive do not actually play on great cave offensive
Even picking a character is full of options, even when you look at the original roster.
Where's Yoshi and Jigglypuff in Icons? Where's Mr. Game & Watch?
Sure, they might not have been common in tourneys, but they were still fucking there if you just wanted a casual pickup game.

I remember reading a book or seeing something on TV a while back about how the Greeks considered discus throwers as portrayed in The Discobolus of Myron the pinnacle of male beauty.
These volleyball players are the female equivalent.

another source

This looks like a terrible smash clone. Hopefully it's so bad that smash and its clones stops being put in the same category as legit fighters.

Time for the annual Lisa run, I guess.

out of all the fucking things project m's cancellation could have spawned, I would've never believed that battleborn 2 was ever an option

Holy shit that's horrible. How absolutely clueless, echo chamber inhabiting retards, the devs must be to think anything about that is ok.
And now we just watch the unavoidable meltdown.

The fuck is this?

A chinese smash bros ripoff? it isn't even sutile.

4 too many. Choke and die.

It was fucking great picking the absolute worst stages to fuck with people that took Smash seriously. I generally played Ganondorf, once he was added, so I tended to end up doing the absolute worst of anyone on those stages, but it was worth it to get them to not take it so seriously.

That would explain why it sucks, probably didn't get any of the talented people.

You see? Even the women you posted do not look like that horrible green goblin. A strong woman would still look feminine, that's literally a man with a vagina.

Man you've got some shit tastes right there

Variety kills the e-sport because they need defined sets of rules just to justify their existence.

Pick one.

Well that definitely explains everything I've seen so far.

This. Couldn't have put it better myself

poddery

How long till Nintendo shuts it down?
I mean it's pretty obvious it cut and pasted from Smash

Depends if they really lifted assets, doesn't it?

WHAT GAMES ARE EXCLUDING PEOPLE HOLY SHIT

Heh

My recollection of the PMDT was that soon after the big hiatus started, most of the backroom fugged off and went to do college or live thier lives. Any stragglers or hangers-on are probably lolcows

Didn't some of the team continue to work on project M in the shadows?

and how many of those were PR and community management compared to how many ex-PM devs were actually making the game.

I think there were a couple attempts at splinters. I think someone made a redist based on a later build. All that shit should be somewhere on reddit, as that is where the pm/mod community lives iirc

Shit, the color blind have it worse than faggots, niggers or kitchen technicians.

Given the pallet in most games now I think color blindness would be a blessing.

they've been working on it for at least 3 years, 4 years if info I heard is correct (and not a lie).
3 of the characters required no new concept since they lifted their moveset off of melee characters.
These devs (WHO ARE ALL ACTUALLY GAY, I can't stress this enough), are a horrible team with little to no talent in art/modeling/motion design and to tip it off ZERO talent in concept design.

10 of the "active" people were actually making stuff, the rest were testers. only 1 of them was making breakthroughs in the modability of P:M, can't remember his name

What? Explain

Well that's a red flag if I've ever seen one

They like putting male genitalia in their mouths and buttholes.

Here's some of their team

Not a single bit of testosterone can be found on that picture.

If the netcode is good and there are waifus I'll probably play this. Making it free was a good choice, they are competing with melee a game that anyone can play for free but has an actual player base. I can already tell that the combo system is going to feel more souless than PM but the next best option is melee netplay which requires full on gaming rigs that poor melee players can't afford.

For everyone that's bitching about "smash was good because it was le random fun xD at all times" you aren't the target audience of this and should never come back to the inevitable threads for this in the future.

I shouldn't be surprised

for fucks sake

Do these fags not understand that the only reason people put up with most of Smash's bullshit is because of the nintendo characters/stages and party game aspect? Strip the game down to the most basic tournyfag autism fest and you'll get a really shitty fighting game that no one who plays normal fightan or smash will give a fuck about, there's a reason all of the other smash clones are largely ignored, admittedly this one has a bit more effort put into it than RoA and Brawlhala, doesn't mean it won't be just as shit.

gay

They're autistic. Of course they don't understand why normal people like Smash.

I've never seen a further misunderstanding of why smash is successful than this. only a handful of autists want to play -strictly- tournament standard smash which is what this is presenting to us.

the fucking brony game had a better reveal

I have a close friend who is so.autistic about smash that he is actually willing to eat this hell in hopes of a 'melee-like experience'. He used some sort of autism power to disregard the diversity, put his hand on his ears, and screech "muh melee, itll happen this time i swear it!"
He also is trying to rekindle something with a roastie who dropped his ass twice and cucked him. He thinks shes 'the one', and she has stated that she is only doing short term

Because I've been to tourneys with them. I'll go through the picture left to right.
gay
gay
never met
gay
never met
gay
never met
gril
gay

The only one I recognize is far left, who are the others?

Then who is? Who in their right mind actually picks up a bootleg copy of smash that's a worse fighter than Guilty Gear or Street Fighter and a worse party game than any Smash?

We're not the target audience of Assassins Creed or Call of Duty, but that doesn't mean said target audience isn't full blown retarded either.

But that's exactly what made it fun, being placed in unexpected situations that forced you to adapt.
You were juggling someone, he has an high percentage and you go for the kill but a party cannon dropped near him and now the game will turn if you're not cautious.
You're fighting someone and you're both at an high percentage when somewhere far away a tomato spawns. Suddendly there's a race to see who grabs it first and your ability to maneuver and dodge is required but in a different way than usual.
Or turning every single object into a projectile by throwing it, often catching your oponent off-guard.
Or someone completing the Kirby Airship and you go near someone so you're both targeted but it's okay because you can time your dodge to escape.

There were so many things you could do with items and stage hazards that required creativity and quick thinking that, once you got used to it, luck was barely a factor. You could have all the good shit spawn near the other guy and still slap his shit, take off whatever he got and use it against him.
The goddamn Fox McCloud has a damn reflector shield that basically heavily counters 2/3 of the items. Items actually empower the damn character, it doesn't even make sense to hate items and then play a character that throws back at his oponents almost anything they try.

You know all of those retard bandwagoners that watch competitive melee but don't actually play it because they have no friends? Those guys.

To be fair, the brony game had help from the lady who designed the MLP reboot but it's still sad that fucking ponyfags can outdoo Meleefags.
The game's dynamic music system is pretty neat, are there any other fighting games with something like vid related?

Pretty much all my friends and I stopped using items way before we found out about competitive smash. The game was just more fun when an explosive canister didn't spawn on top of you right as you were going to upsmash them. The whole "adaptation" spiel is bullshit said by people who don't understand that in the end two friends want to find out who the best is without the intervention of random elements.

As for the target audience, there's no reason to make these types of games, because the people that enjoy them are also the people that have been playing Melee for 15 years. Why would Armada enter a Rivals of Aether, Brawlhalla, or Icons tournament with maybe a $100 prize pot in a game where he's not guaranteed to win, when he could focus his full attention on the game he's been playing for 10 years, is ranked #1, and likely get $10,000+? Not only that, but these clones also miss fundamental gameplay aspects that make Melee so fun to play. They don't nail down the feeling of landing a big hit and blowing them off the stage, or hitting them with a big spike sending them to the shadow realm. There's no "game feel", and for some reason they also feel the need to do shit like remove ledges or shields. Why waste time on an inferior product?

Adding to Hearthstone was a strictly worse version of MTG but turned out being successful because there was a largely untapped market of people that just wanted a casual online card game with a non-zero amount of depth. Its like that, but not backed up by one of the most recognizable IPs in the gaming.

i think the dynamic music was a concept they copied from Killer Instinct, that music in the video is shit tbh

This always pops up everytime someone tries to defend "no items" and I always gotta ask "how many times did this actually happened to you?" I played Smash for the Wii for about 3-4 years and I recall about 2 instances of that only. You overexagerate one single moment because you simply can't let go of a "I'd totally have you if it wasn't for X!" like an actual autist.

"Adaptation" is quick thinking. It's seeing someone grab a sword, knowing he's gonna use the extended range to deny any aproach and then counter him with projectiles instead. It's being in that position and throwing the sword instead to surprise the oponent. It's being the guy who's about to get a sword to their face and grabs it instead (yes, you can grab thrown items if you time it right).
Adaptation is using crates and barrels for cover and extra damage, it's laying mines and holes around and memorizing where they are to throw an oponent there later on.
Adaptation is being surprised and still managing to come out on top, instead of following a flowchart that decides who wins.

Said elements are not random. Beneficial items spawn closer to losing players for come backs, otherwise they spawn relatively far away from every player. If you're still at the stage where those seem like random elements, you're not a very good smash player or you'd be able literally use everything to your advantage at a moments notice. Call me back once someone get's a party cannon and you are able to time your dodges so you can get close enough to beat the shit out of them and throw said cannon in their faces.
Better yet, call me when you refuse to pick up items the whole match and still can come up on top of someone that hoarded them the whole match.

I'll disagree that it's worse than MTG simply because MTG has devolved into some pretty ridiculous meta while Hearthstone at least focus on faster games. There's some merit there, even if they have filled the game with incredibly jewish tactics to extract money.

Total agreement. And if you look into the game code, I'm pretty willing to bet the chance is weighted to either lower the chances or to make it almost impossible.

…Not to mention the big huge fuck-off THERE'S AN ITEM SPAWNING HERE effect.

Do you want to set up Melee Netplay and do it right now? Because it's not hard since people who enjoy items are also shit at the game.

You can do netplay with more than 2 people right? I'll play too if it means shutting up these shitters.

Yeah you can play with up to 4 people, you just have to make sure everyone's game settings (gecko codes, cheats, etc) are the same.

How was project M lost?

The game got dropped on a shitty build

Why can't project m continue?

what the hell your gif`s context?

Nintendo DMCA'd or something last I heard

Look closer at how the paste is applied

Fuck that gif

of course..

Some of the fags on the PMBR wanted to make their own game so they had to shut the entire project down since they could get in serious shit if Nintendo thought they were using some of their code in the game. It was a perfect storm of Sm4sh being released, 3.6 being shit, and streamers being afraid to show PM.

Without a central development team the competitive scene is unlikely to come to a consensus on any new builds that would be released by either entirely new people or remnants of the PMBR. In addition, all tournies have to be streamed on hitbox due to Twitch's jewery, and Sm4sh claimed a lot of the top PM players (many of whom were former Brawl players).

that`s why I asked.

A pile of nothing with music on top.

That's way too much alpha for a single picture.

So much autism, so little time

Seriously though this is what being a lifelong melee tourneyfag gets you, they should have just stuck to PM.

It's a gif of someone destroying expensive parts.

Spoiler gore, faggot. I assume that's some collusion between chink paste and board makers.

Did Tencent pay them off to make this game?

It's sort of the natural devolution, anyway. Smash being some horrible abomination of fighting and party game has become full AIDS ridden faggot cancer. Really for the best tbh.

I would rather have a new IP than a mod for a game that doesn't matter any more since Melee and smash 4 exist.

You sure are a faggot.

>all this (((DIVERSITY)))
Only cucks will play this shitpile.

Jesus, where's the fun? Real fighting games have crazy supers or joke characters and Smash games have goofy stages and items. This is just bland and dry on both fronts.

read my posts you nig, I explained in detail why that`s a men and why you should feel bad for liking it you homo

Just because this is a quality generally only seen in men doesn't mean you aren't a faggot with low standards.

Female swimmers are a good example of a woman with wide shoulders (muscle growth) and slimmer hips (due to loss of hip stored fat because of fitness).

That's not a man, that's a (((white))) stop treating them as someone that knows how to discuss matters here, they're more deaf than niggers. They hear their own song. I sure hope that means they hear different bullets.

And even by your standards those are women. Or you just poorly explained your standards and it turns out you just like THICC.

you fags are just upset because you get aroused by the male form

What type of men do you know with curves user?

Outright faggots trying to turn this into some /soc/ bullshit are like raccoons ending up on your property. Kill them. Kill them all.

Myself ;-;

Find another board, you cocksucking faggot or find a bridge.

i think the def jam games sort of did that

I found girls for you user. Pics related are some REAL women

$5 says it's miles better than Smash but no one cares because it's not Nintendo.

Your concept of thick is the same as an obese female on her late 20s. Start rethinking your life choices.

their asianess is incidental, turns out rice pickers make good thick porn

Would be even better if it was toothpaste.

YES QUEEN
Don't let those skinny bitches tell you what's up. Fat is beautiful!

this looks pozzed as fuck

Going to keep this HAES train going. Don't let the cis white males tell you that women should TAKE CARE OF THEIR BODIES or anything like that. Remember, if you exercise you will get too big!

its always that fucking hairstyle
that fucking nose
that disgusting aesthetics of what western modern games have
they give such puke inducing feeling.

What the fuck, stop trying to ruin them you kike like how you jews ruined white women.

I came here to shill for Rivals to be honest.

WHEN'S ORI, DAN?

You can even see their fucking fat rolls. It's natural for humans to find fat unnattractive but that user is fucked in the head and clearly has low standards.

How so? Fat suggests greater access to resources, so from a "natural" perspective it should be more attractive.

But fat people across the board are less healthy and don't live as long. But the basic reason is because our brains have hard wired mages of what we think of as "male" and "female". Our brains see a skinny hour glass figure as female and the farther away you get from that the harder it is for the male brain to register it as a sex partner. Fat fucks are just a round ball and don't register as a mate in our brains naturally.

Fuck off tumblr. The 2nd has been dated to only a few hundred years old.

Is there a name for this horrendous art style practice? Oh my fucking god everything looks ugly and bland as fuck.

Actually, I'm kind of curious what people think about Dimensions VS. It's pretty early on still and they mostly post to (((Facebook))) but it might be interesting. Can't be as big a blunder as this.

Health and life span might matter to modern-day man, but for the majority of human history people have only managed to survive until around age 30-35. From a purely "natural" viewpoint there's absolutely nothing "unhealthy" about being fat as our "natural" lifespans are far shorter than the time it takes for the extra weight to kill.

I'm not arguing for fat people, just that to say it's "natural" to find them unattractive is silly because "nature" would have us eating everything that wasn't nailed down, raping 12 year olds and dying of old age and fear at 28.

"Our budget is too big to risk taking a loss on"

Nah, that was the average but it was driven way down by high infant mortality. In any place or time, if you made it to twelve you'd probably make it to sixty.

Its like clockwork men. Any (((Smash fan game))) game will just copy and paste move sets from the main games and call it"Hey look at what we made" Kindergarten type level drawing on the fridge

Thank you this is acutally THICCness for 3D women

Not some fat chick slapping ketchup in her earhole

I've been wondering the same… What DO you call this shit exactly? Lots of people in this thread have called it Dreamworks style, but Dreamworks is… Well… Good. This is not.

I swear to god I hope this futuristic inclusive overwatchy/battleborn/league of legends character design memeshit fades out and paves way for good character design.

gee I wonder

Before I buzz off to play video games here is a twitter giveaway for rivals copies that is ongoing. It's not mine, but I check the official accounts now and then for a goddamn Ori release date and they always RT these to get more people seeing them.
twitter.com/Txudou/status/887093317326053376

I would be too embarrassed to present this game to the public.

I too like man

whoops meant for

Is that Mark's dad?

Project Illegal? Never heard of it. Some kind of deportation thing?

What did anyone expect from fucking
MELEEFAGS

Who's that third one? Me like.

those character designs are hideous

I want to eat a huge pizza like that, even if it means I get a heart attack on the spot.

That looks like one of those halal pizzas we get from mudslimes over here in Canada. They're opening pizza joints all over the place and all of them taste the same.

Popular F2P and esports character design & marketing as taught by game design/business courses run and attended by people who are not artists. They probably know all about how to make characters "pop" in banner ads and video thumbnails and are really proud of it, but if someone asked them to paint a portrait they'd find an excuse to worm their way out of it.

So what happens if you order pepperoni or another pork product.

You get a haram pizza

you mean that shitty animation that sonic does? fuck thy off brawlfag

no they copied them, also music is subjective

I call it the Tencent style

You mean muslim is allowed to deal with haram so long as they dont consume it? These sandjews

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Offbrand Blizzard Syndrome"

I doubt that if when you see an woman you think that looks like you. Take your HEAS shit to tumblr.

Holy fuck, kill yourself. I like my musclegirls (if they aren't Ahnold tier), but you are kiked.

As soon as it starts selling like shit it'll be on PC.

That doesn't defeat my point, faggot. The standard of beauty tends to change over time and place. As some user mentioned, fat women meant more resources which was reflected as attractive in your poor retarded brain back then.

YIKES!
I
K
E
S
!

This was originally directed at just the game but this fucking thread is incomprehensibly bad too.

in hindsight I really wish I punched him