Comfy FFXII thread

What builds are you running on your characters?
How far are you through the game?
Are you enjoying it?

I've set up my Characters as;
Vaan: Foebreaker / Monk

Balthier: Shikari / Machinist

Fran: Archer / Blackmage

Basch: Knight / Bushi

Ashe: Uhlan / Redmage

Penelo: Time Battlemage / Whitemage

I tried to allocate my classes to the 3 types of characters i wanted for each party, 1 dps 1 tank and 1 support.
I would have swapped monk and uhlan between ashe and vaan but I didn't know the game would let you pick 2 fucking classes otherwise I would have their classes switched

I'm sorry user we already have a thread.

it's basically dead and no one is talking about the actual game lol it's just people complaining about how it's the game is easier or harder because of gambits

What is a Uhlan and what is a Shikari?

Uhlan is speardude and shikari is daggerbro

Honestly I have no desire to replay this game, even with all the positive changes. The writing, environmental design and music are the only positives. It would have been massively improved if it just used a variant of FFX's battle system and kept everything else the same, pseudo-MMO combat is always shit. Same with the Xenoblades.

To clarify: the reason being that it never uses the free movement element to any real advantage. The only modern JRPGs that did good real time with pause battle systems are Valkyrie Profile 2 and Rogue Galaxy.

I guess i just enjoy it because i played it pretty much when it came out and i was a lot younger back then plus i was too poor for internet so it was basically the closest thing i ever got to playing an MMO even if it was offline lmao

i get that, fair point.

Yeah I remember being really impressed for the first ten seconds, but then you get to the battle with the airship and the contrast between how freely you can move in battle and how limited your actual options makes the lack of a screen change and force camera tricks (for visual dynamism) really obvious.

Alright lets do this.
Which ass would you choose?

penelo, do you even have to ask?

That's not true. There's aoe attacks, and positioning is often very important.

to be fair that was literally the first 10 seconds of the game but I do understand your point, however later on positioning and tactics are kinda important, but that is later on so you'd have to play through some of it to get there.

You mean backstabnigger.

The only true choice.

The vast majority are simply concentric circles though. That's why VP2 does it better, all attack radii are clear and unique, but that's also due to Tri-ACE's experience with how vague and obnoxious those sorts of hitboxes can be (see all of Star Ocean 3).

Yeah nah. I'll just wait and pray they release a PC version or something.

Unless they touch up the loadouts of shops or something to match the class system I'm not touching the international edition.

what do you mean?

I don't see how that matters, ff12's combat is all in the strategy, preparation and thinking quickly on your feet.

A lot of class choices never reflected in how shops sell shit. So if you chose a class with a weapon types shops never sold in the original game from first section of the game. Then you where shit out of luck.

I agree, although gambits basically makes the game play itself, there is a lot of management when it comes to certain enemy's like pretty much anything that has multiple status debuffs in one move

I get your point however once you have all the party members, the shops pretty much sell all the weapons you'll need except for stuff like ninja swords and some katana's but you'll usually find that stuff before you unlock the licence to use it.

Great choice.
But i prefer Fran

Gotta be Ashe. You just know she wants it the way she wears those hooker shorts.

OIL DRILLER

penelo is best cannot be beat

Ashe's skirt does make my dick hard.

Not saying anything bad about Penelo, she's a solid choice. I just love bunnygirls

you do know that you've been able to emulate it perfectly for years now, right

Theres already a thread up you retard.

then why aren't you there contributing to it there? Then I wouldn't have to had to make this fucking thread lmao kys nigger

It just makes replaying the newer iterations a chore is all. And to an extent limiting the first characters class choices for first time players. If you where fucking around and not rushing it takes upwards to an hour or two of play time. I don't know about you but an hour is a lot before you gain the privileged of choosing other weapons and amour types.

For an autist who knows how the game functions and where which weapon pops up AFTER they chose their class. I'm willing to put up with it. But unsure if the vast majority is.

Wait, it's not on PC?
Yet.

The proper terminology in this case would be "warren digger".

Did the new edition change the way to get the 2 Zodiac spears?

How long are you budgeted to post this shit?

man, I wish MMOs had the animation feedback and spell effects 12 has.

Dragon Quest 7, what many would consider the best RPG ever, doesn't have battles for the first 1-2 hours and doesn't have class changes until around 20 hours.
Now children would rather buy imaginary hats, and games like this so that they can pretend to know what grandpa used to play.

Thanks for letting me know DQ7 is a shit game :^)

But seriously RPG's have an almost universal issue with taking forever to intruduce parts of a game that should make it more fun. [Making replays a pain in the fucking ass]. So I always have a really low tolerance for replays on par with casuals experiencing RPG's like DQ7 and the like which often requires games that get you used to such shitty gameplay pacing before one of the worst offenders of it.

Which is why now-a-days I'm more critical of game pacing and how old school rpgs are the absolute worst and have 0 excuses in any form.

pfft

never played 7 but 8 was kinda similar in that regard

Legit it really doesn't matter what class you pick because i can almost garentee that if you pick a class you will find the weapon they use very quickly into the game, the 1st weapon shop you go to has all of the starting weapons and armor for each class as far as i'm aware not including hand bombs, ninja swords, great swords and spears (i think). Even then they are items you wont get untill later on and will require many licence points to use anyhow

The game just came out. People wanting to talk about a game that just came out isn't an example of shilling, user.

I don't think I've ever bothered to replay an RPG outside Morrowind and Kotor. Thank god these single player MMO's are started to put in time speedup option, thank whoever the fuck thought of that.

I have such mixed feelings about that game replaying it now.