Mega Maker is here, and you thought it'd be C&D'd

mega-maker.com/
Some dudes made a mario maker clone for megaman.
YOU CAN BOUNCE ON ENEMIES WITH TOP SPIN
FOX'S REFLECTOR AND META KNIGHT'S TORNADO ARE SPECIAL WEAPONS
Because it's EARLY ACCESS version 1.0

The old thread's still here you know

It works on Linux with wine

There's like 3 dudes talking about levels but the thread itself is just discussing game clones, hopefully this thread gets traction for anons sharing levels and talking about the maker itself but if this dies stillbirthed in the catalog I'm not going to whine about it.

Also nice

Are your bodies ready?

Where's the source code?

I'm sure it's possible to drag the old thread back on topic, but this one has a more appropriate OP. Not to mention a more obvious Loss than the one posted in the original thread.

How is this legal again?

Copyright law is funny. Sometimes if you let something like a harmless fan project go through it can make your copyright claims null and void.
Copyright law is pure cancer.

That's trademark law, not copyright law and it varies from country from country. That said in Japan you do have to defend your trademarks rather rabidly or risk losing them.

Its so simple and down to basics, its not even interesting. The only thing i like about this is a working level download system. That's about it.
Maybe i would change my mind if they would do Mega Man X Maker.

So if I'm getting this straight, if someone decided to take the Wii U trademark, they would lose it? This is fucked and horribly stupid, why would they make a "king of the hill"-like law?

Oh I wonder.

A trademark isn't taken, it's lost. Like "elevator" and "trampoline"- these used to be trademarks, now they're just words. This is why Band-Aid is trying to get people to say "Band-Aid bandages", they want to keep their trademark.

sage because not vidya

That's just as bad, holy shit.
So, is the "Switch" trademarked by Nintendo only, about a Light "Switch" for electricity, how does that work? I'm pretty ignorant regarding this thing.

Its more like how old people from England call their grandchildrens' gaming devices (of any sort) "a Nintendo"

Nintendo trademarked the "Nintendo Switch" not the "Switch"

actually the strict ruling in japan is that fanworks have to have original art. There are tons of fangames in Japan, all legal, all of which do not infringe

Yes, generally trademarks only account for similar products or ones that can cause legit consumer confusion. In this instance, only computer systems can't use "switch" in the name by itself. Their "It's On Like Donkey Kong" trademark is a sloganmark, meaning it only applies to advertisements.

Get your backups ready. This will be another AM2R again, we all know Capcom.

Highest lel

But can you make your own robotmasters?

I assume they will let you do your own full game eventually.

aw yea-
Into the bog.