Let's have a World of Warships thread

World of Warships

Does anyone still play this?

I recently reinstalled WoWS after almost two years and am on the fence about getting back into it. I played it back in early beta and besides the MTX/premium shop, pretty much loved it. I only stopped playing due to my friends' lack of interest.

I haven't seen a thread on Holla Forums about this game in forever. Holla Forums most likely hates it, but I want to hear it.

Also, I quit before ranked matches were a thing. Anyone playing ranked?

i'm pink, that means i'm cute

pink, as in your ship icon is pink in game?
or pink as in you're gay and like the color pink?

Either way, your a faggot

Here, have pic related for your troubles

yes

My casual normalfag friend enticed me to play it by luring me in with the Arpeggio tie-in event. I played it enough to get all of those, and even for a bit afterwards. It's pretty shit.

I play Japanese Destroyers. I was mad as fuck about the "buffs" and "reshuffling" of ships they got a few months back. Those niggers can't fool me; those were 100% nerfs. I have 0 interest in anything else but have dabbled up to tier 4/5 of the others ship-types, just for forms sake.

I like this game but I can never play more than a few matches in a row, I tried getting back into it more recently and I lost 6 matches in a row and called it quits after each time me playing as a Battleship having cruisers just fuck off or die really early then I just get slowly raped by destroyers because I can't dodge them for 10 minutes. Other than that, pretty good game really. Shot dispersion can be frustrating as fuck in a Battleship though.

I kind of did the same thing. Hell, I quit before a single Frog or Bong ship was released. But I tried out most everything that didn't require me to pay for it. Except for CVs, never played them and not sure I want to. Got up to Tier 6 in Jap DDs and CVs.

I know that feel bro, but that's why DD's are so important. After doing some cursory research, it appears that DDs smoking up themselves and others so they can fire undetected is the new "meta" or whatever. And apparently you can no long stealth fire on other ships, no matter how low your detectable range is. I guess that was a necessary fix, tbh. Also, most cruisers are pretty much fucked anyway now because of it.

maybe get a brawler BB and go balls deep with some DD support. So, Kongo and Tirpitz? Fuso? Shit I can't remember and never played a BB above tier 5

keep posting boatsluts (male)

Whoops, meant cruisers. Aoba a mostly shit

boatgirls (male) are the best

I really liked the Aoba back in Beta testing.

I hear German BB's are good for brawling I might have to try those.

Kind of wanted to get into this game. Recommended country?

German

Why do they keep drawing these with dicks. I notice this a lot of that blond slut

It's a Jap meme. Try not to think about it too much.

Probably would have picked Germans anyway. Are the Japs good, or nerfed like other anons say?

blonde boat is just a floating fetish tbh

Speaking of german BB's.. The Tirpitz looks god damn sexy. Maybe it's just my love of military history and the influence the Tirpitz had on the war. Bongs spent a lot of time, money, manpower and brains trying to sink her.

Fucking jews want $54.99 for it though

tfw it used to be docked where I live
;_;

Russian HE spam CL's and gunboat DD's are fun. German BB's are good even at lower tiers. British CL's are awesome starting at tier six with the Leander.

DD's got nerfed a bit and there has been some power creep. The Shiratsuyu at tier seven is still good though. The Japanese Cruiser line is still solid.

Anyone play carriers?
Burgers or Nips?

I've played Destroyers and only Destroyers. I've got a tier-10 Shimakaze. I can tell you those fags nerfed everything from 1-9 in one big rehaul. Shimakaze alone remained unnerfed (it still got some nerfs, but they were minuscule ones that have no practical effect on playability.) I quit shortly after the reshuffling and "buff" update to the line, but I've heard tales of smoke nerfs as well, and this post supports this, so count that as even more nerfs. Playing Japanese DD from 1-7 or so is pretty much suffering and just about completely inferior to other nationalities at that point. 8-9 could be considered okay, but you'll still be fearing for your life from literally every other equivalent ship in the game, and it's only at tier-10 do you finally come into real power.

Can't really speak for anything else. Cruiser, carriers, and battleships are all gay.

how to not succ at battleships?

I really like the idea for this game, but the solid two minutes before any action happens EVERY SINGLE TIME is really grating. Never mind the pay to whatever and the daily attempts at 10 gigabyte updates. Go fuck yourselves, faggots.
Unacceptable.

Yeah it can get a little boring at the start of the match. But positioning is paramount in this game. Use that time to tell your retarded teammates where they need to go.

You probably already know the basics, but I'll say it anyway.
(If you must do this, time it until after your opponent who can see your broadside has fired on you, do it during his reload)
be flexible and patient

Honestly, patience is what most players (including myself) lack in WoWS. I get fed up at this shitter Cleveland hiding behind an island setting me on fire for 5 minutes and decide to go after him, resulting in my untimely death.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm, by no means, a good player. I try to do the above and play smart. Sometimes it works.

Getting real tired of getting cit to hell and back when I'm nearly facing a target and hardly touched when I'm legit broadside. Citadel hits are RNG and they refuse to come out and say it, prove me wrong.

I don't think anyone can prove or disprove that.

In my limited experience playing BBs, I was never able to get a citadel hit on another BB unless the angle was really low. I'm not saying you're wrong, but it does at least seem to be working as it was intended.

Of course, my sample size is pretty low compared to others. my $.02

And I wouldn't be suprised if there were RNG elements factored in to how hits are calculated. How it is implemented and coded is another story.

Learn overmatch mechanics. Depending on how much bow armor you have you may have to actually angle your belt armor rather than just go bow on to another BB. For example 41cm and similar guns overmatch any armor less than 32cm which means any BB with less than that gets penned and maybe cit if you dont angle properly.

As far as cits being rng I cant really agree with that aside from long range sniping in low to mid tier BBs. Starting around t5 if you aim properly you can generally count on a cit or two as long as you are close enough to pen unless its a german BB in the mid tiers.

The only rng in the game are things like dispersion, detonation, and fire chance. It has absolutely no effect on damage calculation. If your AP overpens you deal 10%, 33% if they explode in the ship, and 100% of the listed value if they cit. The way HE works is it deals a percentage if it pens, nothing if it does not, and 100% if it hits something lightly armored enough to cit(mostly low tier CVs and british CLs). Damage is also affected by damage saturation so that can cut the damage as well which is where weird damage numbers can come from.

Somehow I doubt a free to play game on half rate servers can calculate that.

World of Tanks has overmatch and normalization, and it's not even debatable. Why wouldn't WoWS?

The calculaton for overmatch literally consists of dividing the armor's thickness by the shell's thickness and granting an automatic penetration if it's over a certain amount. It's a single mathematical operation per hit. How bad do you think WG's servers are? And what does the game being free to play have to do with any of this?

They just do a very simple check, is the shell calibur > the armor thickness times 14.3?. If yes then it ignores auto bounce angle and pens. This why most t7 BBs can be penned by their own guns when bow on and why Yamato's 46cm guns can pen nearly anything. In cases like that you have to angle your belt armor.