Yu-Gi-Oh!

The new Link System: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Link_Summon
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Link_Monsters

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
For online: YGOPro Percy - pastebin.com/m2e9Dzt1
Archive with all games playable on PC (mostly through emulation): pastebin.com/0SHfUYyj
Tag Force 1-6 are the best if you want a story (2006-2011, 6 has only the first 25 XYZ monsters).
Tag Force Special (2015) is the best to play for learning the game with many of the new cards.
The World Championship series (2004-2011) and Duel Academy (2006) are pretty good too. Definitely check out Dungeon Dice Monsters.
All are fun for pet/archetype non-meta decking. Legacy of the Duelist is shit.

Useful Links
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/ (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Probability calculator)
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ (Ban list)

How to get better
Read the cards.
Playtest and try suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/7ts73nx1uu65b7z/YGOPro Link (PC).rar
mediafire.com/file/nmkf023b8w8rx3k/YGOPRO LINK (PC) (15-07-2017).rar
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_29:_Mannequin_Cat?useskin=oasis
mediafire.com/file/n1c91j69oapgvc5/YGOPRO LINK (PC) (25-07-2017).zip
nhentai.net/g/201942/
a.pomf.space/nvqtvrzoixuq.7z
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Appropriate
youtube.com/watch?v=qZulxWAUGI8&t=194s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone wanna help out with a few decks for when link format hits?
my ninjas are somewhat incomplete since i can't find any white dragon ninjas, and i only have 2 upstarts
d/d/ds are complete and so far they're probably what i'm gonna be maining once links hit, i think they just need one or two link monsters in the extra deck. hopefully the last d/d/d extra deck monsters will be released to the tcg in my lifetime
i've also got all the cardians, but considering how random my chances of victory with them are, i can't really take them seriously for competitive play

>>>/tg/

You mean you want to buy real cards?

I hope you arent thinking of buying physical cards. It's modern day, user. No one here unironically buys singles or plays physical. You'll be wasting time and giving money to people whod rather see yoi dead in a ditch. Stick to ygopro/dueling network

For what purpose? I'd agree that I'd be dumb to play the game (((competitively))) which is just a never ending money sink, but why not buy the physicals of decks you like? I've been building my pet decks and I'm enjoying it.

Your hard earned neetbux can go to better things than the coffers of yakuza subordinates and tumblrinas. You could be buying funs and ammo. Buy weights and get fit. Sims provide everything you need to play. Not trying to be preschy, but buyfagging in Modern Day is reddit tier shit tbqh famalam

You'd literally be better off printing the cards and laminating the cheap printer paper then buying physical copies.

Collecting isn't part of the card game, faggot, the card game is the fucking card game.

Fusion is best
Post decks in progress

Well you're gonna have to check them extra deck numbers in order to run links with d/d/d. I'd recommend doing testing with salvation in order to see what numbers work, like do you really need 3 genghis? Can you work with 2? Or maybe drop the more situational extra deck monsters for a concise combo with links

Kek no, I'd never buy packs. I buy singles, so my money goes to other neck beards.
But that's what I'm doing, building my pet decks is fun.
Yeah but it doesn't feel as fun to play as real cards.

Funs = guns you fucking autist. How would you derive a verb when i said 'funs and ammo?'
I fucking want september to roll around, holy shit. This summer is almost unbearable

It's a little bit late for that, pics related were stuff from those decks that I already own
I have them so I mind as well make them work

Only one choice now…

Did we get new old posters or what?
That said don't bully the guy too much, just tell him if he can do it the decks more efficient somehow.

No, i stopped posting because the game is fucking dead, and has been for a while. I come here to shitpost at people and buyfags.

Wow these threads usually discuss a lot more before they just stop and die.
Talk about your fav archtypes, doesn't have to be current or anything just say which and why (Maybe for visuals or playstyle or what ever).
Mine's now Zarc Pendulum magicians, it's like a rank 4 engine hyped up on suger also making level 8 synchro's and contact fusions.
With odd-eyes engine opening up stuff like Odd-eyes raging, Magicians opening up zarc and pendulum summoning to make level 8 synchro's allowing to slide in a level 2 for Nirvana high paladin it actually feels like I have boss monsters in my extra deck.
Also Tune(ing) Magician is cute, CUTE!

d/d/d has the best artstyle/designs/music
also obligatory genex

I like D-Heroes and with their new support and with the support of some E-Heroes you can actually do something now, they've been really outdated for a long time.
2nd are ritual archetypes in general and my favourite ritual archetype is Gishki
3rd is Melodious because I like classical music.

Do you guys know any good Yugioh games for Gameboy or DS?

Also, I got out of the game for a year, so what's the deal about Link monsters?

Most of World Championship is on DS and the first few on GBA. Dual Academy is a cool GBA game with you actually having exams and shit.

got a good build for gishkis?
zielgigas turbo doesn't seem to work as well as it used to
convulse draw engine is a bit unlikely to work out
a synchro variant might work now, since we've got those white aura synchro monsters. you can use fishborg as low level tuners and the gishki rituals as non tuner materials
the hieratic deck doesn't really have all that much power anymore, rank 6 monsters just don't do so much anymore

konami does a major rule change to fool people into thinking they're slowing down the game, while at the same time completely going against that by introducing link monsters that can special summon shit

Sorry man, Zielgigas turbo is basically the best you can do with Gishkis nowadays, I tried some other builds but they didn't work as well.

Why, Japan? Why?

Not as bad as the Subterror one

what the fug were they thinking

Now I don't have any experience playing Subterrors, but from what I've seen the Subterror support card actually seems better for the Shaddolls than its own archetype, the only thing you lose is the attack boost, but it's not like Shaddols really need that card to be a beater.

I wonder if there will be anything to revitalize Amorphages, considering they probably weren't on Konami's shit list when they designed the rule changes + new type.

What's your D-hero deck like user? Here's mine.I really like dusktopiaguy as support, but I really hate how he looks he really doesn't match the other D-Heros.

Been playing forbidden memories, it's total shit but I have a soft spot for it, makes me wish they had stuck to a bunch of variations of games rather than one card game.

Not really got anything against current YGO but the word salad on every single card is a bit much to deal with for me, I get why it is like that because MTG looks simple on paper but then every card has a bunch of dumb shit exceptions and the rules are murky as fuck outside of the beginner level but fuck my life if that link card you posted isn't hard to read.

The game is nowhere close as hard to learn as people think by looking at the effects. That is mostly because of two reasons. First, most effects are staple. It might be one long sentence, but it will be an effect you have seen before or similar enough. And second, staple effects within archetypes, this means a series of connected cards with similar effects. It just takes a few duels with a deck, or at worse a dozen or two and you can get the hang of it. Might take a little longer for a beginner, but because he has to get the hang of the game as a whole not the deck alone.

I've got 2 I use regularly, my Plasma turbo deck is outdated, but I still use it in Tag Force Special. Both are from 3 years ago, but I never got around to updating them, I finally got around to updating the first deck, it's basically like my old End Dragoon turbo burn deck, but with the new cards and is like an unholy union between the original End Dragoon turbo deck, the Tzolkin variant and straight up D-Heroes.

YGOpro randoms are weird.
If someone wants to teach me the modern fusion based E.hero strategy that'd be nice

What's there to say? E-Heroes were always easy as fuck to play says the guy who played them for 7 years. Summon out Vyon, dump Shadow Mist, get whatever hero you need, banish Shadow Mist, get yourself a Poly then go to town. You also put in the Dark Law engine too and it'll work like a charm for very obvious reasons. You've also got the "fuck you and fuck your board" combo of summoning Absolute Zero, then Form/Mask Change him into Acid and nuking your opponent's whole board. You can focus on some alternate strategies, maybe focusing on Shining Flare Wingman and give him ridiculous attack, do a Hero Gate strategy which will make Shining a pretty big guy etc. Oh and you won't believe how useful Trinity has been as an out, I honestly can't count how many times I summoned him and then managed to do a bullshit win. Just experiment.

There's so much E-Hero support and generic Hero support now that there really is no singular strategy that everyone uses, because a lot of people play it in lot's of different ways.

QUICK, POST STUPID YUGIOH FACES OR YOU'LL BE SENT TO THE SHADOW REALM

A Free Vacation to the Shadow Realm? Thanks Stretchy Marik Face Man!

But the Shadow Realm is a gaijin only thing.

MARIK IS ALREADY A GAJIN SINCE HE'S FROM EGYPT AND HAS SAND IN HIS BUTTCRACK AT ALL TIMES

outside of shitposting, i'm working on an Odion type deck using Trap Monsters, and I got stuff like Metal Reflect Slime and Abyss Stungray and all that, but I'm not sure what sort of good trap monster support cards that are also traps that are out there. Any tips?

Paleozoic with frogs.

magical planter is your main draw engine
uria is shit but it's fun to bring him out
ninjas work well with traps, but with all their new support they're better off with their own shit
try the exodia traps

Now bear with me for a moment, what about a deck

that's all TRAPS
And I mean trap CARDS, stay focused

Fuck I can't do it anymore guys. Pendulum monsters where bad enough. Now I know how my parents felt when they tried to grasp the concept of the game years ago.

I'll come back when they make Yu-gi-oh version 2 and make all the current cards obsolete.

you'd be hard pressed to find enough generic traps that work well enough
you could put a ton of shit like fiendish chain and safe zones there, but then you're pretty much ensuring that your field is gonna get clogged with shit that barely does anything
my example makes sure you're using as much of what you can without overdoing it

A couple of good standbys are usually the Trap Hole cards, the basic Trap Hole, Chasm of Spikes, Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare

Then you have the basics like Magic Cylinder, the Solemn arrangement, loads of generic traps that remove themselves, no one would use them in excess.

The idea of the deck is a moderate balance between Trap Monsters and regular traps, and I've tested a Trap Hole deck using a Traptrix arrangement before, and it's a hard counter to most meta decks these days, mainly because these decks are made to counter EVERYTHING BUT traps.

the OG Trap monsters themselves are versitile and have good effects that encourages you to surround them with other traps, Embodiment of Aphophis is literally the only "Normal" monster in the series.

Using a trap deck requires planning, moderation in setting, and a good sense of the current meta in order to entrap and destroy the opponent.

And the best thing is no one does it, so there's no contructed counter to it outside of one off cards like Trap Jammer, which only get put in niche decks.

When you make a deck, you have to consider the meta and general flow of who does what.

What about Jinzo?

Then you cry

Why do you not want to play with Paleozoics, you god damn nigger?

bump
PETDECKS WHERE
ideally i'd have more traps and magic planter instead of TT, but i can't for the life of me find any irl that don't cost me a ton

for the love of christ, give me a working link summon application
ygopro percy still doesn't have it
the beta versions are either in chink or for whatever reason i can't run certain cards online there, and there's no ai mode
ygopro2 is buggy as all hell

Dueling Book

No one uses Jinzo except for that one guy at tournaments who makes an anti-anti-anti-meta deck

Because I want to play the game my way, not yours.

Isn't the new Spiral good though? I have heard people praising it

I've seen quite a few people side decking Jinzo lately.

it's better than nothing
i would have hoped for a synchro+a few tuners though

>TFW YGOpro removed "performapal odd-eyes synchron" what a name, it's literally only archtpyes making Nirvana high paladin 10 times harder and less consistent to summon then it should be. I just need the name on a level 2 pendulum, I don't care for the effects that YGOpro can't implement

All things considered it is a pretty nice duel.

I want more archfiend support

and i want ninja reprints but we can't always have nice things

Those cheeky bastards.

i don't know why he didn't just kaiju one of them, should have worked
anyways, i found a working version of ygopro with link summoning. no AI, but at least the multiplayer works for once
ygoproes.wordpress.com
you need to go to their discord and install the base game+2 updates

game 3
i bricked during game 2 and lost, meanwhile he does a first turn decode stalker with a gofu and spams other shit next turn

How populated is it compared to YGOPro 2? If it matches up pretty well I'd be down to set that up instead since YGOPro 2 is a bloated piece of shit.

as far as i can tell it's about the same, i get instant opponents

Jesus Christ, it is really annoying how many Pro games there are. It only divides the players.

blame the regular ygopro for being insanely slow with the link format update
if it had updated fast enough, i'm sure at least half of the new ones wouldn't exist

With the main YGOpro they using link format as a chance to remake the core program, since limitations with it caused cards like performapal odd-eyes synchron to be unimplementable.
So when the Link Ygopro does come out it'll be more then adding a new summoning mechanic.

Now that I downloaded it, isn't that just the Chinese version with added language/advertisment by some beaner?
PS. Change your name so the chinks wouldn't think they are playing the same person.

at this point i have no idea who's making what
when you search for it, you mostly find chinese versions with the occasional translation
i have no idea why this one has spic stuff in it, and i've completely lost track of things

Someone just put the translation from Percy to the Chinese version, plus adding translation for the new cards. As far as I know the Chinese version is the original one anyway, it is what Percy is based on. Honestly he could have just probably done the same years ago (provide translation) and get the updates from them. Though Percy in the last year or two has been very active with updates. There was one period where there were barely any updates, because Percy was doing everything alone and didn't let almost anyone else on the process. But now there are several scripters and a system for fast daily updates.
From I read they got the link system directly from the Chinese, but it was still buggy. And I guess if what you say is true some of the bugs might have been caused by what they wrote themselves after splitting away from the Chinese.

What server is this on? Checkmate doesn't seem to allow beta cards/link cards at all.

It is this:
English (Windows)(Beta): mediafire.com/file/7ts73nx1uu65b7z/YGOPro Link (PC).rar
Plus this update from last week: mediafire.com/file/nmkf023b8w8rx3k/YGOPRO LINK (PC) (15-07-2017).rar

He wanted to use traps and traps alone.

of all the card games ive ever played, online or in real life, yu gi oh is by far the worst.
of all the player bases for card games ive met in real life or online yu gi oh players are the worst. lies, heartstone players are just as bad.
i have nothing to contribute to this thread, i just wanted to tell everyone here to go fuck yourselfs and fuck your gay shit-

Tits won't be enough to make me buy your Linkshit, Shitnami.

Even though they were explained, I still don't fucking understand link summons.

Synchro without tuners
Their arrows count towards higher link summoing (IE A monster with 2 link arrows + 1 normal monster = Link 3)
Whatever they point to counts as a extra deck zone
And they can't go in defense mode or face down

I wish links would just die. I play different hero decks because I find them fun, it pisses me off that this new card type completely fucks my deck. Say what you want about synchros/xyz/pendulums they didn't stop me from playing my decks the way I wanted to play it. With these new rules I'm either forced to not play official Yu-Gi-Oh anymore or change my deck to work with link format. Links were a mistake.

suggestions?
i used to run it as a goyo goal deck, since you could easily make goyo defender, but link format absolutely killed that
i can still make invoker and shit, but until double helix comes out i'm not seeing much use here, best i can do is 3 monsters in 1 turn in order to go for a decode talker, in which case just running gofu would have been easier

alternatively i've got a 60 card version
main idea is to send all the spyral missions to the grave and just use them from there. if i was a smart person i'd just run foolish burial goods instead, but i don't have it

What are the non-Spyral monsters, other than Jet and Glow-Up?
What are the first 2 fusion?
What are the first 3 synchros? And the fifth syncrho.
I should bitch again for the admins to make a proper code tag so we can post copy-paste card numbers.

red resonator, predaplant ophrys scorpio and predaplant darlingtonia cobra
fusions are goyo emperor (miracle synchro fusion 2 goyo synchros from the field/grave), rare fish (generic rank 4 target for instant fusion), thousand-eyes restrict (generic rank 1 target for instant fusion+removal)
goyo king/predator/chaser . running predator since guardian got erratad and requires an earth tuner.

i should note that the synchro build is probably dead now
before you could at least get a few goyo defenders out and make an invoker with them
a simple rank 4 build seems to work better now. kind of wish i could find my dullahan right now though, i'm short on rank 1s

forgot to remove some synchro shit and a third excalibur

Isn't having only one Link risky? Or I guess you don't depend on XYZs spam anyway.
And maybe you could actually use the Spyral The Double Helix (the link one). Consider you probably already know the top card to have summoned him, you can use his effect and summon another Spyral and then use both of them into Decode Talker. Basically it requires less cards to summon Decode Talker.
And if you are not using Miracle Synchro Fusion is there point to the Predaplant engine? Surely there is something better?

The fact that I can't go full screen in the Chinese version upsets me greatly.

this is for the start of the link format, i'll obviously put more in here once we get them, but for the moment i'm looking towards this week when we get a sneak peak tournament with the structure decks
i'd put double helix in here, but i have no idea when that's coming out in the tcg
i goofed and forgot to remove miracle synchro, instant fusions + predaplants are still supposed to be there though

So you are playing with TCG only cards? I checked and I guess Spyrals aren't a new archetype. I haven't played in a while.
Oh yeah, you can add Instant Fusion with the plants. Slipped my mind.
Any reason to not switch Rare Fish with Invoked Caliga? Just in case you might want to use it for a Decode Talker.

Cause you don't have it, I guess. God damn it. I hate when people play with irl decks.

i don't have any invoked monsters, but what's the point? he can't save himself from instant fusion's end phase thing like raidjin can. it's ultimately a rank 4 material either way, i don't see much of a point in switching them

i have LITERALLY never seen a deck with Royal Decree in it.

EVER
V
E
REVE

It has an effect so you can summon Decode Talker with it. It is nothing superb, so sure you can play just fine without it, but it is something you can't do with Rare Fish. And something easy to do if you are just playing online.
Also maybe you shouldn't be so far to remove synchro monsters. Red Resonator works good Scorpio and the level 1 Spyrals. You can synchro in Tatsunoko (if you have it, I guess) and then synchro into something else. Red into Tough into Spuper Agent seems like a fine combo on its own as well.
The level one tuners, though, are probably an overkill as they don't work well if you draw them. But I haven't tested the deck, so I could be talking out of my ass.

not really giving me anything other than a lv 6 though, and i only have goyos. i really need to find a brionac or something. would have been nice if guardian hadn't been errata'd.
OOOH you mean it's an effect monster, i totally misunderstood that. yeah, i guess it's an option then, i need to find one. i mind as well just go and run 3 instant fusions if i can find a third one
the good thing about the lv 1 tuners used to be that you could easily make formula/defender along with red resonator, + you could use jet synchron to discard shit. not really worth it as much anymore. i hope they end up giving defender an errata since his effect is impossible to use with the new rules unless we get a synchro link hybrid like we did with pendulums
now how the fuck do you kill magibullets, they're like zoodiacs and paleozoics had a canerous baby

Tatsunoko would give you more lvl 7 than 6 considering you have 8 lvl 4 monsters in the deck. You could do Michael, Clear Wing, Black Rose, Psy and maybe others.

it's an option, but the downside is that i'm using 3 cards for a lv 7. it leaves me on a minus, it would be easier to just normal summon a ghost ogre

To summon Tatsunoko you would have most likely SS Quik-Fix with Red Resonator anyway, so that is a bonus card from there. You could also even add SS Super Agent and synchro without using Tatsunoko. Or you know, since you have 3 monsters now you can just summon Decode Talker. Red into Scorpion into Cobra is also a Decode Talker.
It is not like sending a Spyral from the hand couldn't be useful anyway.

yea ok, in that case it just takes up space for equally useful but more consistant shit
if i don't have quick fix/drone in my hand the red resonator won't be able to summon anything useful unless i'm going for a lv 6 synchro which in my case does nothing
i think it's safer to just use the space for more xyz/spyral shit

You can test it at the very least. A Psy-Framelord could be very annoying by removing a newly summoned Link and stopping plays after that, in your opponents turn. Black Rose could do similar things. You could even not play Totsunoko to have more space and I think it might sitll be worth it.
Also Rescue especially with its restriction of 1 is probably not worth having at 3. 1 or 2 at most. Utility Wire seems more useful, though being a trap sort of sucks.
P.S. Actually no Micheal, cause no lights.

mainly running it to throw it in the graveyard with quick fix, it's like a weaker big red. really wish foolish burial goods wasn't so pricey right now

actually this gives me an idea
i could use synkron resonator to make a lv 8 from a lv 7
so for about 4 cards i do have access to goyo king/crystal wing

Ha-ha!
I actually decided to play a little and modified my old frog deck. Honestly my hand wasn't the best and had never played against Invoker before. Machaba surprised me, but I actually was barely able to make the chink rage quit with based Barrier Statue of the Torrent. He even wrote something in chink.

Also seems like the Chinese versions punishes you if you leave too many times, so be careful.

and sometimes the surrender button bugs out, tells me to use the surrender button instead
the system is rigged against you

I don't even see why they would ban anyone. It doesn't seem like they have a score system. I guess they are just uptight about it. Damn commies.

I wasn't sure about something that I wanted to do during the duel. If I send the Toadally as link material to the graveyard, does it get its effect activated?
Also I realized I could summon a second Mastar Boy on the field and have a 3200 ATK Toadally. Wouldn't that be some cheeky shit?

>fuck up multiple times but it doesn't even matter because I locked down their extra deck
Fun!
If it didn't lock out your own extra deck, it'd still be OK. I need an Amorphage link monster with link zone multiplication (diagonal or 3-zone) and I'm good to go.

Guess what's getting banned day 1

is it me, or is the game getting way to convoluted?

Too simple, honestly.

At this point Konami's just trying to make cards that make all cards support link in the new meta so people will actually buy the cards, except everyone just plays for free online and they can't stop it.

Also the game getting convoluted is part of the fun.

welcome to like fifteen years ago

Seems like too much of anime card to even be released. Or at the very least they will be very different.

It's simpler now than when when it was Synchro heavy. Where are my Quasar turbo boys at?

As much as I don't like people whining, that is wrong. All you had to do was learn a few simple combos to summon Quasar. And the effects of most monsters were still simpler. Even XYZs were still okay. It was really with the Pendulum generation that they started trying way too hard with the effects.

You've got two nice little sliders, 'Complexity' and 'Convolution'. TCGs are at their best when you max them.
Yu-Gi-Oh has actually managed to lose a bit of complexity as it tried to max convolution.

It's not just about the combos though

I don't have much experience with TCGs outside YGO, how would you differentiate something that's complex from something that's convoluted?

Well the cards used to summon Quasar actually had very short and simple effects.

Convolution isn't hard to understand, predict, or deal with once you learn it. It's a single long-ass card description on a boss monster, or a basic bitch combo that relies on intentionally prepared interactions.
Complexity is more about emergent (self-creating and opportunistic) card interactions, and while complexity can be played around, it cannot be ignored like Convolution can. You can Solemn Warning convolution and call it a day, but complexity is a bit more intricate and hard to root out.
Sangan isn't convoluted, but because of the gap between 'optimal uses' and 'basic uses' in its ability, it's quite complex.
Decks built around or utilizing Sangan will have a variety of unique or interesting opportunities to use its ability.
In MTG, Arcbound Ravager is one of the tippest toppest most common cards. It has a simple enough effect.
The complexity comes from the decisions made when using it, and in what deck it's being used, rather than the effect itself. The versatility of the card moreso than the strength is also why it's so popular.
Meanwhile, Word of Command is
which is of Yu-Gi-Oh-tier proportions. What does it do? It makes them play a card. That's it. That's all it is. That's convoluted.

Bad example. Sangan is dead now.

Let's pretend it's pre-errata Sangan

Jesus christ, what did they do?
That'd be along the lines of what I meant when I said it lost a bit of complexity.

Well he was too good of a card for many decks. It was this or being forever banned.

is that link monster just star boy with a fucking mustache and top hat?

There's another one that's just a female Milus Radiant.

You don't fucking say.

I want to hear screaming. I want some PR shit to go full Shitbusters tier retard and piss off fans.

Yes and it is fucking great for frogs.
Makes Toadally 2700 ATK. Makes the water statue 1500 ATK. And if I want to I can summon a second. Surelly a 2000 ATK Barrier Statue of the Torrent would make just about anyone leave.

Pair that with Junk Synchron, regular Star Boy and Inferno Reckless summon and you can go fucking bonkers.

I just got reminded that Harpie's Feather Duster is allowed in OCG. By being played against me and screwing me over.

literally everyone there runs it+dark holes+raigeki and all the other shit they can think of
i made a point to run starlight road in ninjas because of the ocg
and considering that lightsworns are making a comeback, that works in the tcg too

Never seen any of them, other than Feather Duster, but I have probably played like less than 10 duels in total.
By the way, this is the Spyral deck that beat me. It spammed a lot.

what the fuck are these people smoking
i can understand gateway at 3 but this is silly

Japs have always allowed more traps and spells. I guess it is just a matter of mentality. They probably like the "you just activated my trap card" element of the game, while here we bitch about things supposedly preventing us playing the game.

This. don't listen to the anons saying not to buy cards. If you have friends/really want to play irl then do it. They probably don't want to play irl or have social autism.

tl:dr, just do what you want.

My nigga Stratos is also legal in the OCG

Just organize them from highest cost to least. If it's less than $2 don't put it in the binder
Nevermind, You're the kind of person I avoid at locals.

i never said the tin is for trading, only the binder is, why else would i be reorganizing them

FREE MY NIGGA STRATOS AND PUT HIM AT 1 KONAMI!!!!

is there anyway i can summon an earth/warrior/synchro from the graveyard without negating his effect?
excluding call of the haunted and such since they're too slow. the idea is to bring back goyo defender, since he's going back to the main deck zone and not the monster one. he could use his effect this way with the new rules

I really wish they hadn't shat on Goyo Def and Tzokien

actually you could do it with senet board
red resonator+level 1 non tuner into goyo defender
senet board to move him somewhere
use his effect to summon another one
and then cry because you'd need another senet board to summon a third one
the predaplant engine is a lot more consistant if i'm aiming for invoker

Number 29 I guess. Make goyo and get him in the grave then make number 29 and kaiju your opponent and grab goyo

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_29:_Mannequin_Cat?useskin=oasis

It wouldn't have been mentioned in the card if it didn't apply for the set. And it is a change of original attack, not an effect that disappears on a set.

i know, but there wasn't any way to prove it at the time, nor was there a ruling on setting barbaros
i'm currently arguing with people on facebook, but it's not like a buggy mexican chinese simulator can be taken as official evidence
as i understand it, it's a matter of when the atk change happens
in one case, you set barbaros THEN his atk gets changed, even if he is face down. flipping him face-up doesn't change the atk
in the other case, you summon him, his atk changes, THEN you flip him face down, the atk is lost. flipping him face up brings him back go 3000.
the important thing is that when you normal set him, the atk change happens right after that
but i need a konami official to prove when exactly the atk change happens

WHAT IN THE FUCK, THE CARD TEXT ITSELF SAYS THAT IF YOU SET HIM WITHOUT TRIBUTING HIS ATTACK DROPS TO 1900 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

we have 3 official konami judges in the city, and on this day we got the 2 with the least experience
but if you start arguing with them loudly, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a game loss or worse, so you'd be dumb to bother. hence why i'm sperging at them now instead of during the tournament

I think the way it works in the video is correct, flipping him face down and then up again after normal/flip summoning him without tributes changes his attack to his original (3000), while just flip summoning him doesn't.

So I watched The Dark Side of Dimensions
last night…

but there was one mother fucker who did not disappoint in the slightest.

Where as Vegeta grew up a little as Dragon Ball went on, Kaiba regressed in the best ways.

Art imitates reality.

reality doesn't have you screaming to power up your cards or attacking as many times as you want because your will power is high enough. Watching people fight in this movie was like watching little kids making up a new game's rules on the spot.

So it's just like how kids played Yugioh in real life?

Everyone I knew bought those anime Yugi,Kaiba,Pegasus,Joey starter decks which detailed all the rules in an included instruction booklet so not knowing how to play was impossible.

more or less

Absolutely no one read the rules. Kids bought the cards just because they were cool to look at.

This is the yugioh thread not the pokemon cards thread My cousin played MTG and knew the game so I knew how to play that too when no one else did

Are you SURE you were like actual kids and not kids who are old and thus smart enough to actually read the rules or even understand the rules from watching the show?
Here's how it went down where I'm from, in the beginning we just threw cards onto the mat and yelled at what destroys who, no attack or defense values were checked, no spell/trap cards were checked, whoever got rid of his deck first by slamming his cards onto the mat as fast as he could "won". Then after the show itself got its shit right and actually established some rules (because you gotta admit, the Duelist Kingdom stuff was just asspulls 80% of the time) you still got shit like one guy who insisted you could make spell cards act like traps and resolve their effects that way if you put them in face down defense position in the monster zone and got your opponent to attack into them.

oh, and I almost forgot

Found the issue, you and your friends were retarded.
Most duelist kingdom shit was from it being based on a manga which offered clearer table top reasons for shit that the anime making them holograms and skipping large chucks of manga explaining standard rules appear like rule breaking, when the standard game IRL is played in Advance

can confirm, nobody here knew what the fuck they were doing while the anime was airing, but that could be because there were an infinite amount of bootleg cards with retarded translations. i have no idea how many kids actually had real cards

Just because you played like a retard didn't mean everyone did, there were video games for yugioh and the pokemon card game, kids learned the actual rules from those even if they didn't bother to read the instructions in the starter deck.

You don't know how kids work do you?

Yeah like what? Forbidden Memories? I think that Reshef was the first game that followed the rules and by then we already knew how to actually play for years.

there were the yugi/kaiba/joey games for pc, a lot of us played those here, but the best we could do was just summon shit, even if we could read the effects we were too retarded to understand shit

Eternal Duelist Soul, same year the game came out.

Not to mention the GBC game coming out the same month as the first set.

I actually never knew they existed until a few years ago, I'm surprised they didn't stock them here because gullible kids would eat that up like breakfast. I bought every Yugioh game that I could find for systems I owned until Tag Force 3 because I soon after stopped playing the game. Years later when I came back (it was in 2014 I think, I know that pendulums just came out) and looked up Yugioh games I could emulate I was amazed at how many of them I've never even heard of.

When will YGOPro Percy get updated with Link Monsters?

See or Dueling Book.

Why does ygopro scale card images so horribly? They all look ugly and pixelated. Is there a fix?

Is not scaling, they are just low resolution. Read the YGOPro pastebin above. But get ready for over 2GB of card images.

Which is more Jew? Yugioh or Pokemon TCG?

I haven't really played Pokemon, but I am pretty sure the top decks there are at least a several times cheaper.

So what did you and your friends do for fun when it was raining outside OP?
Did you watch paint dry in a corner of a room or something?

Press F to pay respects

As we saw earlier in the thread the OCG also has more traps allowed, so it is not suprising to have Feather Duster.
Monster Reborn is really not that big for most top decks, and not only, even if they would have used it as a staple. Reason being that a lot of archetypes, especially the strong ones, already have some sort of a revival effect.
Card Destruction is actually now the opposite of what it was suppose to be once - fucking up your opponent's plan. Sending his strong monster in the hand or something else to the graveyard used to hurt. Not the card it is a net positive.

Will Edgelord Heros ever get anymore support besides generic hero support?

Anything could happen, but people should drop this idea of 10-year-old cards and sometimes even older getting support. Evil Heroes are clearly not as iconic as the Blue-Eyes or Black Magician. It is not like there isn't a chance, but it is better to expect nothing.

Dude, they recently gave Vehicroids and even fucking Cyberdarks support

So that means every archetype in existence will get support?

Judging by the way they're going every GX archetype, no matter how shitty, will get support now

You realize there is a different roid archetype in existence? Having a small tipping of the head because of the similar name is nothing.
Cyberse are actually a popular archetype.
Hell even the Gladiators might not have been in the GX anime, but were popular.
Saying "every" is just a straightforward lie. They won't just start releasing support for a whole generation of cards. It is going to take them another generation to do so. Again, yes, it could happen from time to time, but it is either based on popularity or someone's whim. Thinking about it and masturbating over the thought is huge waste of time. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't, well that was expected.
And the funniest part is getting support doesn't even mean it is going to make the deck relevant. So what''s the point? Crystal Beasts didn't become meta with two shitty Pendulums.
Or look at the Blue-Eyes support. Did the deck become strong? Yes. But it is basically one old card among nothing, but new cards. Why? Because many of the GX and older cards can't really function very well in the current way faster game. They need enough "support" to basically make a completely new deck out of them. At least the Blue-Eyes was basically on its own.

Selling cardboard.

For Konami, but it is meaningless for the player. We are just going to get people bitching that their old pet deck is shit even with new cards. And if Konami wants to make profit, they are generally going to make and sell what they think it is going to sell. So yes, popularity remains very important.
And technically aren't Evil Heroes basically Hero support? They are sub archetype, not exactly an archetype of their own. They had like one card that made people play them. It is more likely to get a new form of heroes, like Masked Heroes, though arguably they were taken from the manga so they are old.

Most players are still casuals so they don't care that their Crystal Beast petdeck still gets its ass reamed by full powered ABC because they rarely even play against that type of deck. The problem with Evil Heroes is that they're still in the early phase of E-Hero deck where there aren't any generic fusions until Omni Heroes hit the scene, so you're forced to run "great" Hero cards like Burstinatrix and Avian. The only Evil Hero who was worth a damn is Dark Gaia and his materials are so generic that you theoretically don't even need to run him in a Hero deck.

I definitely don't remember playing Burstinatrix and Avian. It was all for the sake of making Dark Gaia strong. Or alternatively a Malicious Fiend. So it wasn't much of a deck to begin with. So technically they could do something like my Blue-Eyes example where they release like 10 new cards, actually make a proper archetype of them and make them strong for the meta. But I doubt it.
And maybe it is because I have been only to my shitty locals and not in big Murrica, but I don't agree much with this "casuals" drive the game. Most people don't have 700 dollar decks, but this doesn't mean people are not playing competitively. There is a difference between some child that plays whatever, some guy with his pet deck from 5 years ago and a guy that will actually buy cards and trade cards regularly and make tier 2 or 3 decks to play with it. Or even cheaper forms of tier 1 decks. They are not casuals, they are just not rich. And from my experience most players are like that.

Well, Dark Gaia turbo is different from playing an Evil Hero deck, but when you think about it Evil Heroes are so poorly designed that Dark Gaia doesn't even support his own archetype because no Hero is rock type, at least you can get a fiend type from one of your dead Evil Heroes, but unless you get a Rock type from outside the Hero deck you can't play Dark Gaia. Also, no matter how casually you play, if you play something like Yugioh or any other card game (even kid shit like Uno) it's still competitive, you could make a comparison with fighting games, even if you only play them at a casual or local level and don't care about going to big tournaments and becoming the next Diego or whatever they're still competitive because they're inherently competitive, so you're still encouraged to improve and enhance your chances to win no matter how low your ambitions regarding the game actually are.

Fighting games require a single purchase of a game and maybe an arcade stick. YGO is a constant involvement. Any game with a loser and a winner is on some level competitive, but to play competitively you will have to at least want to actually win and to do that in YGO you do need to invest regularly. And with the kids aside everyone else here takes part in tournaments even if they know they probably won't be able to win against the 700 dollar deck. But at least their decks are build to have a good chance to survive through the tournament, not a small chance of winning a single duel/match (a pet deck). And it might be just the local tournament, but it is a tournament. They don't speed 100-200 dollars or more just because they fancy the artwork. Even the people that have some sort of a petdeck usually has something else to actually play in tournaments. But maybe yuropoors are just competitive, but poor.

Fighting games require an entrance fee if you wish to go to tournaments and if you're in Japan or Korea where they still have an arcade culture then it's not a single purchase. Also, if you're too poor to afford a meta deck and you have to make do with a rogue deck at best, you're still most likely going to get destroyed at any big, serious tournament. Also, I know what it's like to not have enough money to travel to any big tournament seeing as I'm also an Eurofag, I ran into that problem with both fighting games and Yugioh. Travelling to the other part of the country for the big monthly Yugioh tournament really wasn't worth it because even if I lucked out and got to Top 8 with my subpar rogue deck then the prize money I'd get would still put me at a net negative. For fighting games it was even worse, I actually went to the big yearly fighting game tournament and travelled to the other side of the country because I was skilled enough at a few games for it not to be a net negative, but if I actually wanted some regular competition I'd have to travel through 2 countries just to get to a regular fighting game tournament they hold in Austria.

Look, if you're coming back with a movie and it's set a fair time later and Seto Kaiba doesn't have a space station that has a giant tube elevator made for the express purpose of using a computer to put a 3d kid's puzzle together because he's too lazy, that also has his company's logo pointing outwards so aliens see HIS SHIT first, while also having a special ops police to enforce card game rules across the city, while also instituting laws that everyone must be a duelist in his city or be deported, while also literally being a dictator that rules with card games, while also creating technology that turns his ego into a fucking weapon then you have not done Seto fucking Kaiba justice as a character.

He is just that fucking batshit retardedly insane.

Also he broke into the afterlife at the end to play card games.

and i'm pretty sure he's canonically gay for Yugi, but driven to insanity gay

Dubs confirm it, I mean was Kaiba ever shown to have sexual attraction towards any woman? The only thing he thinks about is Yugi and his BEWD

You forget that as a kid you never followed the rules

I WAS WEARING INVISIBLE ARMOR YOU CAN'T SHOOT ME
WELL MY RAYGUN IS ANTI-FORCEFIELD ARMOR HAHA
WELL I HAVE TELEPORTING POWER SO I DODGED IT
NO FAIR I WANT TELEPORTING POWERS

nigga I had an autist who demanded I follow the rules, I was just out here tryna play spirit of the pharaoh with tribute summons and that fagoo was like "nah u need to special summon that" like fuck you dude that shit was shiny and I wanted to play the fucking card, it's not like I was tryna play FGD dragon.

I know what you mean, it's really a shame when a card has great artwork, but even if you play extremely casually it's still almost impossible to summon. It's even worse if a whole archetype is completely useless, but they actually have cool artwork, for example I like the artwork of most of the Neos fusions, but it's fucking NEOS so good luck even getting those guys out.

At this point the only way to save neos is to release a bunch of Neos centric fusion cards that specifically waive all fusion and summoning conditions.

They gave Black Luster Soldier the same treatment and an updated ritual version with actual effects, with ritual matierials that also transfer their effects onto the solider which gets you a beater that can banish 2 cards if summoned right and do other shit on top of it. and this is on top of the great generic ritual support that already made him a viable generic option in most decks.

It'll be a while before Neos gets his due.

Nah Evil Heros have a support card for getting out dark Gaia.

Nice projection

This isn't a HERO nor Evil HERO card, it's generic dark Fusion support like the other Hex-Sealed Fusions.

Kaiba just entertainingly thinks he's the hottest shit in the world and Yugi/Atem are the only ones who he feels can truly challenge him and push him to new levels just to try and prove himself superior to them for being the first to ever show him he wasn't untouchable.

If Kaiba even in the original audio doesn't want to fuck Ishizu like that buckets of semen "Iron Rose" doujin, then he has to be straight up asexual.

Why does Kaiba need women when he has 3 blue-eyes and a deck full of dragons?

The BEWD is his dead GF, that pristess girl from Egypt

I forgot about that, I don't remember much from the later arcs of the original show

Actually, if you look at all the DSOD movie cards irl, you see their effects actually match up with the action.

One look at pic related explains what the fuck happened during the last move of the movie.

She's going to Yugioh fantasy America on Yugioh fantasy Earth, you faggot.

No, it was just a manifestation of her spirit she carried.

Neat. Might want to watch.

There is another upcoming legacy pack, so It could happen. With all the GX love we've been seeing though I kinda doubt it, It might be more likely we see some more DT or 5DS love
Evil Heros need hardcore love though

Please note that Hex-Sealed Fusion cannot summon evil heros, since they must use "Dark Fusion"

Didn't this guy become Dark Magician after dying? What a neat card.

New Update for the Link Beta: mediafire.com/file/n1c91j69oapgvc5/YGOPRO LINK (PC) (25-07-2017).zip

You still need this

Anyone that played Tag Force 1, is there any way to make play a Free Duel NPC play with a user deck?

A new Ishizu doujin in 2017. nhentai.net/g/201942/

anyone got this? the link doesn't work anymore and i can't find it on the spics discord

ah nevermind, doesn't seem to have a lot of the stuff from code of the duelist

But it does… The names of cards can vary.

Here is the complete thing a.pomf.space/nvqtvrzoixuq.7z

Unfortunately the best you can do is play mirror matches against Mimicry.

I gave up on it anyway. It was for my little brother wanting to play with the deck he has irl (all fake cards) against the other deck he has irl so he can "train". I ended up putting Tag Force Special which has this options. He enjoys having the voices for the characters from all the series too. The reason I installed him Tag Force 1 to begin with is because he liked the ideal of playing through GX and also a shitty deck like E Heroes is actually capable of winning there.

how am i supposed to play this shit, it takes at least 2 turns setup for a decent play

Spin Summoning and Fidget Spinner Duel Disks/Anime when?

opinions on my zombie deck, with all the new support?
i'd add pre-preparation of rights if i had any
removed all the shiranuis/banish support, i thought they'd work with the revendread guy, but instead they just made shit brickier and took up too much space

It is upsetting.

it's still better than ygopro2, at least counters work here

I have to say, the Spyral Link-only deck is very rad. Though surely I am not using it to the fullest at times, as the choices overwhelm me. And of course when I just can't activate something just because.

this happens on ygopro2 against the AI all the time
if you actually want shit to run without issues, get the spic/chink version of ygopro, and if you really don't want multiplayer just play on it against yourself

But I am complaining about it.

Is there any card that can send one of your trap cards to your enemy?
Or anything that can force a "Appropriate" chain that does not rely on your enemy also having it?

aaaaaand now everyone i play with is building a buster blader deck after i was told i was 'playing low tier' for the last year or so. As usual a whiff of success and the usual unfolds.

Can't think of such a card. Instead of sending your traps it would be wiser to make him draw somehow.
Always check the tips for cards: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Appropriate or even google.
It gives some ideas such as using "Cup of Ace" and "DNA Checkup" as well as "Dark Bribe".

long ago I used stuff like chainsaw insect or whatever was the name, 2400 damage 4 starts makes enemy draw cards when activated.

You are right, that could be a great card for an Appropriate deck too.
But really, if such a deck was going to be good to begin with, it would have been made long time ago.

2 more wins with ease. Its not competitive at all but its a great 'fun with friends who say BB is shit' deck

Monsters
Magic Cards
Trap Cards
Extra Deck
Link Cards

I wanna play a synchro focused deck. What are some fun ones?

Depends where you want to play it, but Wind Witches are a thing. The Blue-Eyes deck also has a lot of synchros.

Stop it.

Zombiena, Samurai Skull and Blue Oni are trash, as are Tristan and Isolde. You only need 1 Revenants and possibly only 2 Houndhorde, if not for Prep and Pre-Prep I don't think you even need 3 Revendread Slayer.
I've been working on this build, Miracle Dig and Zombie Master are just gimmics I'm trying out but so far they haven't caused any issues. Toss in Dragon's Mirror and Dragonecro if you just want a fun but largely impractical zombie card.

Finally managed to get every single card in Tag Force Special, piece of shit related was the last card I had to get

opinions on my goblin of greed deck?
trying to make it as pure as possible
tried running jar turtle in here, but without any easy summoning conditions it wasn't worth it
extra buck is an idea, but i don't see any easy way of getting 3 extra deck monsters in the grave, and then returning them one by one. pendulums are an idea but they don't fit with the deck that much

this shit is somehow broken
there's way too many double special summons from the grave

Dark Synchro
Speedroids/Windwitches, you could do pure speed roids but it ain't grand without terrortop
Quasar, you can also focus cosmic blazer instead
If you wanna be unique there are new fish synchros I haven't seen anyone build the "white" archtype
Resonators are also notable and fun

ment for

How does this even play?
Can you kill things?

negate shit with dark bribe/recall/drains
draw with pots/jars/supply squad
and a generic rank 4/level 7 toolbox

Wait… hold on…

I stopped playing after 5Ds. I'm aware of XYZ monsters, but… what the fuck is this? It's blue? Does that not mean it's a ritual summon monster?

Be honest with me Holla Forums. Is this game just retarded now? I mean I know synchros were weird when they came out, but I liked them because they were basically fusion monsters reworked to not be retardly impossible to summon. Can someone explain to me the appeal/purpose of Links? What do they do? While you're at it, explain what the fuck "excavate" means…

that's the one reasonable change they've done in ages
excavate means look at the top of the card (but doesn't count as drawing it) and then do whatever the card effect tells you to
it's the easiest thing to summon since xyz/synchro monsters. now everyone has to put shekels for the extra deck

The game is very very fast, even now with links
If you think game ending in 3-5 turns is retarded then yeah I guess so

youtube.com/watch?v=qZulxWAUGI8&t=194s

The fuck do I do? Know any fire warriors that that I can add in? Battlin boxer's never appealed to me, but I need a way to make the deck able to play legitimately at least.

can't you just put some link monsters in there to make it work?
they should easily be able to make gaia, link spider, proxy dragon etc.

I admit I didn't play the deck properly in the video, but I don't see it being "broken" in any way.
Still, a fun video, considering how much the guy screw himself up several times.

It is okay, but don't watch my video, because you will run away like the wind.

Links have their own space above the 2nd from the left monster zone for each player. the first link monster you summon MUST be in this zone, all subsequent link monsters summoned must be summoned in areas where the card points, in your zone.

Link monsters have effects that relate to the zones they point to, including your opponent's zone. So Link monsters can benefit both you and your opponent, or screw both depending on which monsters are where, on top of normal effects.

The problem with the game isn't the links, but the rules they gave the format they're in, specifically the rule that states that the link monster zone is not just for link monsters, but every extra deck monster sans Pendulum.

This means that in that format, Link monsters are buffed and you can't summon multiple fusion, synchro, xyz or other monsters like that.

Konami didn't need to include that rule, they made it last minute to sell Link cards, when it really just got people to ditch their ruleset.

you could have at least made missus instead of wasting that invoker the first turn

They made Mastarboy and Missus radiant So they'll likely make a little chimera retrain for link slots
Igknights will probably do well with link summoning

Just stop.
Just really stop.

Forgot it destroys itself.

I learned how to play the game properly when I was seven. I learned from the instruction booklet, the show and my slightly older friend (like two or three years). A fuck ton of kids at school played the game the right way too. I don't know where this "no kids actually play yugioh" meme comes from. Now Pokemon cards were another story… nobody played that shit.

Why the fuck should I stop? This hate train's on the fucking tracks.

They may have been from somewhere where the card game wasn't localized so the instruction booklet couldn't help because it was in a language they didn't know.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the wrong monster.
But really a Missus wouldn't have helped me. I just had this thing in my mind I am going to use Midfilder's second effect, even though I had no way to.

Because you have no proof for the first claim, other than your own bias. Not that it matters anyway.
And because your second claim is not true and made by your own bias.

The idea was to keep the fire warrior theme, but if they make a link little chimera ill probably have to just go with that.

Nigger, look at the fucking ruleset, a complete nerf for every other summoning type (pendulums got hit as well, no more extra zones for them) with the only multiple summon available from Link cards.

To say this is NOT a ploy to sell Link Cards, especially since they didn't have to include the "single extra zone" rule for every summoning type and just links, it's fucking clear as day to see exactly what happened here.

AND THIS IS FUCKING KONAMI THAT DID THIS SHIT

AKA PACHINKO CONVERTER KONAMI

For fuck's sake man, if you're gonna shill at least don't act like a fucking crazy person. No one here actually likes Konami.

YOUR bias is preventing you from seeing that reasonable claims still hold weight, especially given that past history is the basis here. Konami are complete money grubbers, and you defend them?

well not rituals

Also,

What are you, gay? That sort of rhetoric is right outta tumblr as well, you're not a native boardsman.

You're a fucking shill.

Woooooo, the cards that require 4 cards in the hand to summon didn't get nerfed gee I wonder why.

Nigga, you are just mad. My only bias is actually not buying the card. So who here has given more money to Konami?
They could have thought it was a nice mechanic. What then?
Your pet deck being even more nerfed means nothing to them. Even some ex-tier 1 deck being nerfed means nothing, because it is just that, ex-tier 1, it is not important any more. Whatever new would have been it would have been above the old and made the old absolute. Pretending otherwise is just silly.

Someone telling you to stop with your angry ass bullshit is tumblr now? I have probably been on both fullchan and halfchan longer than you, but hey, who cares.

Does no one here play TDOANE?

have you not played ritual decks in the last 5 years?

Didn't they used to just say "look at the x top cards of your deck"?
Yeah I figured that the purpose was to force people into buying the new cards.

Thanks that kind of explains it.

That's uh… I lot more plays per turn than I remember ever doing. Actually looks kind of interesting though.

Isn't a Royal Flush basically an Exodia?

they're shortening things

fuck

For what reason?

Excavating and revealing are two different things.

Pendulum Monster DO go to the Extra Monster Zone if they are Summoned from the Extra Deck.

This along with Pendulum Zones being in the Spell/Trap Zones now means all Pendulum Decks besides Dinomist are dead.

These cards are in Code of the Duelist. This card is clearly designed without the new Extra Deck Rule in mind.

Hell, look at the new Glad Beast support and tell me they had Links in mind.

Actually I think it's a YugiTuber whose numbers are falling cause people are quitting.

You really got me there, buddy.

o-okay

The game has been retarded since Synchros hit, it's just gotten to the point they broke it so bad they had to limit it somehow, this was their attempt and people are already finding ways to make it worse than before.

The Glads even got nerfed. Sad part is that the new Fusions could be good tier and the deck would still suck, they are too dependant on battles and normal summons. They either need new ways to swarm the field or some protection.

Are there any decks, locks, or otherwise annoying gimmicks that can prolong the match past 20 turns?

the ocg lets you recycle morphing jars

I hear counter fairies are being played again. Haven't seen how it looks currently.

I don't understand duel monsters at all and honestly it seems like the most complicated card game

I want to play plants to tag duel with my 5Ds waifu
Which plants should I run?

Well there are like 3 different 5D's games each with more cards than the rest. You should check what year it was made and just google "plant deck 2011" for example.
From the top of my head I can think of Gigaplant, Lonefire Blossom, Cherry Inmato, Dandylion, Mystical Tomato, Twilight Rose Knight and whatever synchros were there.

Just look up in which episodes Seto Kaiba from the original series and Jack Atlas from 5D's and Arc-V duel and find them on the net subbed of course, you don't wanna be a filthy dubwatcher. If you don't understand the game you might as well have fun watching an overly dramatic characters yell all the time while playing a card game.

Gofu absolutely, Scapegost will still see exactly 0 play, it's just too slow, which is a pity cause it's a fun card.

Sorry, forgot to add, I'm playing tag force special (so, up to the first pendulum pack)

Oh I loved anything Kaiba was in. I stopped watching TV around when Pegasus showed up.

My post was more, that I've played almost every card game under the sun and Duel Monsters has always seemed alien and complex to me and now a days I see shit like XYZ, link zones, extra decks, pendulum monsters, and these absurdly long card descriptions and it becomes almost arcane in my imagination.

It is not that hard. Pick Tag Force Special, as the other gentlemen is, and just start playing it. You will be fast to pick up the rules.

Crane Crane is a must for combos with Lonefire. You can use Lonefire's effect even though Crane Crane negates it, because it tributes itself. In case you wouldn't realise. Also see if the earth Dragon Ruler is banned or not. Use him. And get a Foolish Burial and Mathematician to send Lonefire. Other Spore, Glow-Up Bulb, maybe even a Reborn Tengu.

You get kinda used to it, I stopped playing the game just before Xyz hit due to real life obligations and I got back about 2 years ago. Gotta admit I thought pendulums were completely incomprehensible and finding out that effect text is even longer on average got my head to spin, but through experience I persevered and after playing a pendulum deck (namely a Yosenju deck my friend lent me) I found out that pendulums are actually quite simple.

If you have balls play Quasar Plant turbo. If you don't feel like building one I can spoonfeed you my deck if you want to, your call.

But, user…

Yeah yeah, soon I found out that the pendulum build he gave me was quite a bit worse than just playing all of their level 4 monsters, but he gave me a pendulum-focused Yosenju deck and that's what I played, dammit!

If you're interested in a good pendulum deck try out Pendulum Magicians.

Can someone help me out a bit? I'm making a deck to fight a friend. We're playing by an odd sort of deck structure that I think we decided to call animu style. One copy of an Ace monster, using two series together to have a general theme, it's pretty loose and we're going more on feelings. Anyway I guess that's not as important as I'm wondering what some good groups of cards to use. I want to use D.D. stuff and maybe Fairies for the higher level cards
I apologize for the autism contained in this post, it's an old friend I'm playing for the first time in years

How many copies of any other sorts of cards in the deck, are you using the current banlist and rule set and do you have to use two archetypes or could you only use one?

I kind of want to pick up to series rather than a whole archetype. 3 copies of a card are allowed except the ace and anything the ace creates by fusion/special xyz that requires it/ ritual… anything that needs your ace

I've since then played better pendulum decks including Magicians, I also had a lot of fun playing Igknights especially

What do you mean by series?

Like smaller archetypes that don't have supporting cards. Like I don't think D.D. doesn't have cards that specifically name D.D. monsters for their effects, but D.D. monster share a theme of banishing monsters from play

whoops, hit the wrong post meant this one>>13170999 (checked)

You're not going to be able to fill a deck with D.D. cards and have it do anything I'm afraid, almost none of them are even remotely playable and their key cards, Macro Cosmos and Dimesional Fissure are limited to 1. Even then you're only really talking about Survivor and Scout plane as being good and at a real stretch Telepon, Sprite and Crow.

There used to be a D.D. Monarch deck or something years ago. I vaguely remember something like that. But then again, Monarch is a big "archetype" so I am not sure if the guy will like the idea. And the monsters are big, so maybe they are already considered boss monsters? I would more wonder what generation even wants to play in.

Pretty much only up to Tribute summons, I should have said earlier

He could run it with Obelisk like frogs did in the XYZ era but without cosmos and fissure the deck falls apart.

Yugioh is dead to me. it's not the same game anymore and the companies that work with it are garbage.

Monarchs get their effect through tribute summons. With D.D. Scout Plane and D.D. Survivor plus them you can do a lot of combos. But I am not sure if you would consider a 2400 attack monster with an effect a boss monster.

Thanks for the hot opinion.

I should be able to have copies of monarchs, my "Ace" is currently Wingweaver.
When we used to play I always got it onto the field and usually ended up winning with it way back when so it became my ace or signature monster

Play normal monster Pendulums and destroy him.

The nuclear asshurt over the new master rule has been the single greatest addition to the game in its history. Doesn't hurt that it also killed or neutered dozens of cancer decks abilities to shit out monsters for free constantly.

I wish link monsters didn't exist though, because they still allow people to summon more than 1 extra deck monster out.

Normal Monster Pendulum Phantasm Spirals.

Deck is dirt cheap to put together and can be devastating.

i just want draco, zoo, kozmo and perforanything to go away forever. Im fucking bored of playing against the same shit

god i hate card game meta

The only thing I have seen in the Chinese/Spanish game is the occasional Perfo.

Theres rumblings of a zombie madness rerelease as a vampire structure deck with new support.
I hope so. Just for anything fucking different.

You'll hate what replaces those decks anyway.

I've tried working this out but there's just no way to combine D.D. monster and angels into anything that could be called a deck, the two archetypes are completely at odds with a handful of cards that could potentially support them at best, those being Chaos Zone, Cards from the Sky, Bannisher of Raidiance/Light and Angel of Zera.

If you just want to run a DM era Macro Monarch deck that happens to splash a single copy of wing weaver then I can post a decklist for it but there isn't a single card in that era that will make Wingweaver more relevant in it.

If you want to play something more current you could run an angel deck, a normal monster deck or a chaos deck but D.D. just isn't a workable sub-archetype with Cosmos and Fissure at 1 and even if they were at 3 the best you could hope for is a level 8 synchro spam deck.

So I want to build a purity deck all around the Reptile worms and their boss Worm Zero, the problem is so many of the fucking cards are hard to tell if they're worth the space or not. I think I have a decent setup but I think I can make it a bit better.

Also are there any other fun archetypes to do a pure deck with? Last one I did was Mythic Arms deck and that one was good fun when I could get Uber Arthur out. I was thinking Constellar or Relic types next if this Worm one doesn't pan out quite right.

Eventually yeah, but i fucking hate how one person figures out a OTK and can't keep it on the downlow and fucking everyone does it.

So i stuck to my buster Blader out of sheer stubborness for like a year.

But now Trickstar interests me i hope it doesnt get poplar.

Any ideas?
I probably should remove Reinforcement and one Armageddon. Maybe put a Reasoning. Maybe some of the other Inzektor spells.

Just realized I forgot to attach the picture, so lets try that again.

Only Xex and Yagan are worth a shit.

New Thread