Mount & Blade: Warband

Warband Thread

Witch hunting edition.
Bannerlord when

This guy is gonna be the "Abomination". Not as fast as some other ones but supernaturally strong and hardy and with a tough hide. He takes quite a bit of punishing before dying and if he reaches your guys he's gonna tear them apart.
Gave him invisible boots, gloves and one-handed weapon and the model is from the "Chile Zombie" mod.

Forgive the guys with white heads, I was testing another model.

What is this and why have I never heard of it?
Possible beta this year is what I recall. Full release early next year hopefully.

Post your face when.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened
Nah, the game actually has more content, detail and polish.
KF2 is a barren casualized shitpiece with no heart or atmosphere.

Fuck me, it's one senseless error after another.
I tried to edit strings.txt and made a backup in case anything went wrong. It did go wrong and everything I changed appeared in-game as ""NO STRING"", so I deleted the strings.txt and put the backup in it's place (the file before any changes), and guess what? It is still showing "NO STRING" in-game. What in the ever loving fuck? Anyone know why this is happening?

help

Is it just me or is the game dying? I don't think I've seen a server that had as many players as the living cancer that is Mini-Siege in months, mods seem to be updated less often, and it feels like the is less and less excitement over bonerlord.

Wouldn't that just be fucking hilarious? After years of waiting Bannerlord is realeased and is every bit as good as we'd hoped, but still flops because the fanbase has moved on

It's their fault for hardly keeping us updated and refusing to communicate when it'll be out.

Is there anything similar to PoP that doesn't involve shit like Noldor or having constantly roaming armies with something like 800 units each?

*800 ELITE units each

It is dying, I played NW back then on public servers that would easily get 100-200 people, now they're all empty.

I think everyone's burnt out on the games and is waiting for Bannerlord to drop. I'm still playing, for one.

Get gud fag
What do you mean anyway? For me PoP is all about the insane armies, the knighthood orders, and enslaving elves.They're the main draw besides the neat factions.

As I said in the last thread, Perisno is way better than PoP, way the fuck better. A lot of PoP fanbois here but I find it to be shit due to the shit voice acting and shit dialogues. Perisno is not perfect but it's the best fantasy mod I think available. (Make sure you get version 8.1 .. also if you have a toaster PC don't bother, Perisno is a bit intensive because of graphics and army size. In late game my army just passed 1k+ and I'm doing sieges with 15K or so with meh vassals)

Useful undocumented macros
shift+a+click = take all prisoners
shift+s+click = hire all rescued soldiers
shift+click = take 10 soldiers / garrison 10
cntr+click = upgrade all / store all

Noldor are a bunch of cunts that the devs clearly favoured over anything else and the size of forces is more about simply having big numbers than anything else. I can understand having units that have immense stats but making a thousand unit force out of overpowered units is just lazy as fuck padding to make the game longer. I absolutely enjoy having a shitload of different types of raiding parties roaming the land but shit like the Dread Legion having 1200 of the exact same four units is pretty retarded. The peasant revolt having 1500 units at least makes sense both in terms of balance, since they are weak as shit, and in terms of how they would even be able to get that many. Adventurer companies also make perfect sense in this regard but instead with a small band of incredibly powerful units. But shit like the Snake Cult being able to get one of the largest armies in the game, with the only thing larger being a peasant revolt (although Dread Legion can sometimes spawn with unit counts larger), makes no fucking sense. If they were to take over areas like Dark Knights in Floris then I could understand making it like that but otherwise it is just there to extend the length of the grind.

What is this Mount & Blade Warband Civil War mod where you hunt monsters? WTF? Where do I get this?

Hey, somebody mind posting mods where I can be a blood thirsty dwarf.

The Last Days come to mind.

It's the L'Aigle mod with a bunch of monsters I'm adding. So far there are:
Your run-of-the-mill zombie. Can come armed with both melee weapons or muskets/pistols, but only has two or three shots.
More health than the wight (which is already more durable than your standard soldier), but can only attack with its claws
Same thing as the demon, currently. Don't know what I'll do with these
Big, very strong and moderately fast. These will only come alone or in low numbers.

Also forgot the Ghoul, which fills the same role as the horror and the demon but spawns along with the wights.

Eldritch horrors could be a ranged unit that throws balls of condensed disease.

Yeah I thought about that too. Will have to find and steal some resources for that, first.

Is there only one standart model for each class of model or are there cosmetic variants?

Only one.
There aren't a lot of models to choose from and the ones that are there are too different from each other so calling two completely different looking beasts the same would end up confusing.
I'll probably make variants of them later if I manage to edit their models/textures a little bit. Things like "Lesser Demon/Demon/Greater Demon" and such.

I really wish the last days wasn't so fucking glitchy, its the best fucking mod I have ever played and it hurts me to know how buggy it is.

Since the last thread I've married a qt waifu, gotten to level 55, and single-handedly cut a bloody swathe through the Fierdsvain kingdom until they sued for peace. Feels good to be a manhunter

Aye thanks

I hope you hung every last one, o mighty King

I HATE ELVES AND THOSE WHO MEDDLE WITH ELVES
BEGONE HEATHEN

How many hours do you have and how many times have you actually beat the game?

I completed native and I'm midgame on PoP.
700~ hours in warband.
webm unrelated

thou psheks, most likely, definitely not russians

I forgive nothing. Link or GTFO.

The only reason why "With fire and sword" is so shit, is because it's map is too flat and boring.
Proof me wrong. Pro tip: You can.

Why not call him man-bat-wolf, in latin of course.
homo-vespertilio-lupus

I wasn't in the last thread, what mod are you using to make your waifu not a potato head

that and it was lazier than most fan made conversions. If they fixed the glitches in the last days and sold it as an expansion I would buy that shit.

The first M&B was early access before the term was coined, so it might be alright.

You get it for free when you buy M&B and M&B Warband on steam.

Mods like PoP and one of the GoT mods are still updated. But to be true, most mods have reached their desired states of development by now and since the game is no longer updated most just left and are waiting for bannerlord to get released. If they kept the game alive with small updates this wouldn't have happened.

Why is this such a hard thing to fix? I know the map limitations are hard, but can't you at least put some elevations in your map?

Historical accuracy

bump

What should these things be?

maybe the 1st pic is a scarecrow with autism

Poisoner, walks around, throws grenades of shit that does damage over time, or just does damage.
Seer, gives buffs to closer units, or is a unit with normal walking speed/health that does lightly more damage.
Looks like a WoW troll. Smokes dank ganja maaaaan and can jump over walls and shit.

bump?

Perisno is disjointed, most factions lack a clear design and culture and optimization is utter shit.

Pros:
- elves, dwarves and giants
- female lords
- formations

What?

Personally I think Perisno factions are well flushed out.
dwarfs, elves, 2 giant factions
+full on versions of fantasy versions of many medieval cultures.

optimization is shit though, but on a gayman pc it isn't a thing.

Are you shitting me? Ignoring the dumb shit like every elf ever having bow and a ton of proficiency some of the humans are god damn awful. Reich for example is a hodgepodge of broken german, Huns and the weird shit that didn't fit anywhere else.

Not to mention the existence of Axebows
Crossbows that can be used as axes, and use axes as ammo.

First pic looks like a mid-level unit. Those claws look mean, and it looks like it's some sort of plant creature that has inhabitated a corpse so it might be reasonably tough. Maybe it's a slow and tough unit that can be found it dense forests.

Pic 2 looks like a decent melee unit. Maybe some sort of advanced ghoul? Not top tier, but definitely a scary guy to face in close combat. Fast too.

Pic 3 looks like a tanky bastard. Probably a special or top tier unit. Hits hard and has decent speed. A close combat monster.

The Last Days. It's a mod.

Also it should be noted that the Baltic Shield is a huge area of flat land. In real life highest elevation within the Baltic is 300m above ground level, which is why Russia is always extremely eager to have it as a buffer area. Although it is flat, it isn't as easy as the flatness of the area would suggest, since more than half of the entirety of the Baltic is forest so going innawoods is as easy as going to the store, which gives even more reason for Russia to hold it.

Reich is a mix of german units. Your negative opinion of it seems like just that, an opinion.

Axebows have fucking wut to do with factions?
Do you think factions = lore? Do you think "axebows" are even lore? You're a fucking twat.

I hope you 2 dumb niggers don't favor PoP because really that is some serious fucked up lore and the "gems" are used for every fucking thing from knightly orders to weapon upgrades is seriously gay and how much fucking worse could you get as an economic system. The dialogue is total shit the writing is shit the voice acting is shit.

My original statement is Perisno is the best fantasy mod but has flaws. PoP is dog shit in comparison.

I play Napoleonic Wars exclusively and yes, mini-siege is absolute cancer. So I joined a regiment and the gameplay is great, huge battles, packed severs. But apparently I picked Diversity: the Regiment, its full of non-whites, children, and even a kike. Does anyone have a good reccs for regs?

You moron. Lore is everything in a setting. So yes, axebows are part of lore.