ITT: Games Holla Forums never talks about

ITT: Games Holla Forums never talks about

Other urls found in this thread:

rfthbs.blogspot.com/…..
8ch.net/v/res/13080665.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overwatch

This was actually a lot of fun for a cheaply made product placement game

That's because it's a butchered port that has no reason to be played in [CURRENT YEAR]. Anyone who thinks it's equal to or even better than the original is retarded.

Maybe not 100% on topic but I'll ask anyway. There was a PC game I bought from Office Depot in maybe the year 2000 or so that was a two-in-one game with a Pac-Man knockoff, he was blue instead of yellow, and a first-person Arkanoid type game. Both were 3d. I only bring up Office Depot becuase I'm pretty sure they don't sell bootlegs and this was a boxed release.
I've been asking about this on here and 4chan for nearly 10 years with no luck and if anyone could at least point me in the right direction that'd be appreciated.

I saw it in a Nintendo Power magazine years back
Was it any good? It looked okay

It was great but its a port of a NES game

Is that the frog for whom the bell tolls?

Yeah, it was going to get a DX version similar to Link's Awakening, but it got canceled. That is a pic of the mod that tries to recreate it.

I recognized the interface. It's a bit of a shame they didn't use a GBC pallet but whatever.

ha ha HA ha!!!

very nicely meme!

hahaha thank you "my good sir" haha

Wesnoth.

I recently started playing Wesnoth a lot and it's a very good game.

Your shit tastes doesn't constitute "good video games". Kill yourself.

Make me

You're 2 late

What all did the port change?

I'd read somewhere that in the original game, enemies had a lot of elemental immunities and would make a distinctive sound when you hit them with an element they were immune to, so you had to fight them via trial and error to work out their weaknesses.
In the GBC remake, instead of being immune they just took half damage instead, but they also removed the sound that told you that you were hitting them with the wrong element since they were no longer outright immune to it. So you could go through the entire game without realizing that the reason it takes forever to kill enemies is because you're fighting them with the wrong weapon.
I could be completely wrong on that, though.

There's also some simpler things

The port's bad enough to make a good game unbearable

Descent almost never sees the love it deserves

rfthbs.blogspot.com/…..

But seriously, some games I rarely see discussed are: Rocket Power Beach Bandits, Welcome to the Future, Counter Strike: Condition Zero, Codename Gordon, Lego Island 2, and Tron 2.0. That's not to say I haven't seen them discussed, nor does it mean they should be.

I mention TRON 2.0 fairly regularly where applicable. It's one of my favorite Monolith games.

there's this fun little game called "not being a fucking faggot" that nobody in this shithole has ever heard of

The original save system didn't even work so why bother?

Never hear people talk about it.

I still have my copy of Tail of the Sun, user. I play it from time to time. A strange, surreal game, but pretty enjoyable. Would rather play it then anything on the market today tbqh.

What do you mean? You had two slots you could save or load instantly whenever you could access the menu.

check 'em

gta vice city obviously.

Cart saves on my NES version never worked. Tried it on an emulator and the same thing to be honest. Fun game I thought but I hate only using save states just in case I save over it at some point.

How the fuck does an emulator fail to save?
1.Select Continue
2.Press Select to open menu
3.Press Start to open save screen
4.Select whether to save or load and which slot
5.Press A and then again for the confirmation message
Memelines look better than sharp, bare pixels full screen on an LCD

That game was so shit

Triggered summerfags.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU ALL

Oh wow, I swear back in the day with nesticle and Jnes it didn't work but I'm not having any problems now.

(Checked)

(Checked)

Holy shit, that game is classic. More people should be talking about this game. Ristar came near the end of the Genesis lifecycle, so it got no attention.

10/10 for cute, soundtrack, and gameplay.

Klonoa still sees infrequent threads, but there's not much game discussion, if you know what I mean.

I've actually meant to ask about that before but never got around to doing so. Is it worth playing?

You guys…

Nobody ever talks about pic related in any of its incarnations despite essentially being Advance Wars but better and one of the finest strategy games ever made.

Also, the DK gameboy games and the DKC SNES trilogy get a disturbing lack of attention from Holla Forums

what happened to Ristar?

Nothing
:^(

I only made it to that village with the rabbits, but I didn't find the thing I needed to talk to them.

That might be the part where you have to find the lost rabbit in the swamp.

Fuck
(checked)

might risk getting lynched for this, but who cares

wow, now thats some spicy bootleg

we tried to talk about haydee several times, but every time Holla Forums spammers shit the thread up with
or

Good.

That one thread about Haydee mods was good. Obviously mods make that game 100% better

Why not just fucking make a thread about it then faggot?
sage for shit thread

are you gonna start this shit again?

Every single time. There wasn't discussion. Just a handful of mongoloids drooling over a robot with nigger legs, hooting THICC, THICC and imagedumping over and over again. It was so blatantly shilled in the beginning, and then it only stopped when idiotic anons took the reigns and did the work for them by doing the above things.

I'd be perfectly happy to never see niggerbot posted here again.

Nice try, gayboy

It's still a collector goal of mine to get a physical copy of this game. Too bad I'm poor. Still listen to the OST every now and then.

you're the ones derailing shit, i just wanted to talk about a videogame.

Haydee was just taking advantage of one of the more annoying features of image boards

That's funny because it looks more like you're whining like a gay butthurt niggerfaggot. Now to be on on topic, unlike this crying little homo, why don't I ever see Holla Forums talk about Kirby's Dream Land 3? Is it a black sheep of the Kirby series?

The soundtrack is rad as hell.

Oh yea. I remember several times when people complained about the image spam, the spammers would just accuse them of being SJWs or the like.

Sega forgot he exists.

nice fanfiction you got there, too bad none of it is real. we had like 5 haydee threads all shitposted to death because "lol brown legs"

this is some top gear history rewriting. polite sage.

He had a good Gamegear and Megadrive game then stopped being a thing.

for you

Oh. The comic made me think his fate had been worse than Bubsy's

Japanese Skyrim

Had Recoil pre-installed on a PC back in 2000. It was a pretty fun game, lots of different weapons for the tank to use. And gaining the boat, hovercraft and sub features was cool. Never actually completed the 6th chapter though.

I am actually sad that the rumors that this autistic tranny bought the bubsy IP are false, when I heard about a new bubsy game I was like "… is it gonna be with depressed tranny bubsy?" and of course it isn't

I'm not a fan of the character but you can't deny that it would have been fucking hilarious

Is azure dreams any good?
remember seeing it on sale 12 years ago

there've been plenty of DD:DA generals.

I don't understand why Clive Barker's games aren't given more attention here. They are both great horror games with unique plot lines and interesting gameplay. Jericho in particular is massively unappreciated, IMO.

This visual novel.

It seems like his games never got very well advertised. Jericho is pretty interesting. It's been a while, how was the squad AI? I may have to replay that.

It's like an old SMT from a more FF perspective.
If you like either you could get into it, but the orange colour pallet is a bit sickly

Holy shit it's a post apolcolyptic world but there's magic and ancient tech (which is actually futuristic to us) littered about. This is like playing Wizards! It's awesome!
This is the most boring european kids book I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

I was obsessed with this game and the Game Boy version as a kid. Even drew new "characters" and maze levels for it. Something about the really simple design resonated with me. I never knew about Midi Maze until Wikipedia existed.

get out

I remember the incest themes (implied, can't remember if it was ever stated outright) in Undying gave me an awkward boner.

Did this game ever get polished? I know it was rough on launch with some clunky controls, but did it ever get better? Or just abandoned. The original/modified Game Over screen with her panties pulled aside implying she'd been raped after she'd been defeated was fucking ace

Anyway, here's my contribution. It's on a lot of "best games ever" lists, but nobody ever really talks about it.

A fucking masterpiece, that none has ever heard of.

Only patricians know what games these guys are from.

Some games were popular in their time, but got forgotten into oblivion later.

Only ever see it mentioned in passing when people refer to bullfrog being bought out

I see, thanks for the information. Is the translation acceptable though? I'm just asking, given the era and system it was on.

There's so little dialogue if they fucked something up I didn't see it.

Okay, thanks again. Might as well add it to the backlog.

Actually I forgot one translation issue.
This is when Atlas was still in their "Revelations" Phase when bringing the series over so some demons might be just called generic things like "giant snake" or the like.

I remember years ago when that whole shit storm about Dungeon Keeper Mobile happened on half Holla Forums and everyone and their mother was claiming that EA had ruined a game they loved even though I saw nothing posted about Dungeon Keeper on Holla Forums before this. I loved that game as a child, I played it around the age of 6 and even then it was kind of an older game at the time. My dad would regularly buy me old PC games he thought looked cool from small town flee markets and I soon as a saw that cool ass looking demon on the CD with the subtitle "Evil is Good" I knew I had to have it. Everyone seems to praise the second DK over the first but I think 1 is a lot better because of its amazing soundtrack, dark art style and sound design.

I recently completed Puppeteer a few days ago. What an amazing game that was. Too bad the game was released around the same time as the PS4 & Xbone was coming out and it never received the praise that it should've got. Also, little Princess Pikarina is such a cutie.

At least its too hard for hipsters to latch onto it and make games """inspired""" by it.

I think it frequently appears in music threads because of how good the soundtrack is.

I didn't know there was a GBA port.

Both Tombas are good ass games.

I figured since people here liked X-COM they would mention this game as well.

anything not stalker, deus ex, wurm online, space station 13, or any other cyclical general cancer

We talk about the warioland games alot here
but it's never enough

Even if I could emulate it, I'll never be able to have as much fun with it as I had when playing it with a friend using those GameBoy to GameCube connector cables.

It was fun, though only if you tried to beat the levels in the strangest way possible.

I've seen several Terraria threads on this site.

that game gets a thread every week and from observations the majority of posters play/build like brainlets.

See

The current best way to play it is probably to assemble the GigaQuad, but when online multiplayer emulation is possible, I'd love to have Holla Forums caravans. Unfortunately, that will require some kind of chat, and probably voip, which attracts faggots.

Holy fucking shit, captcha.

Undying is genuinely a good game. Jericho is a complete mess with neat but underdeveloped themes (feels like it was setting up for a sequel that will never come) and mediocre gameplay with a few good ideas tossed in.

DK is a great game, but there's not a lot of it to discuss that I'm aware of. I come back to it every couple of years despite the lack of replayability. I guess we could make a thread to get some multiplayer matches going on even though I never played MP myself.

Another game Holla Forums never talks about is Worms. Not much to discuss, unless you want to play multiplayer.

eesh

Mate, it's still played by people even if they don't choose to discuss it. Also the second one is a solid game, with a mixed bag of ups and downs over the first. Anyway, if you want to see something neat, check the speedruns of the games. Nominating level 19 of DK1 specifically for its creative way of killing the enemy dungeon heart.

Yes I know it's one, at least it was a decent one.

Actually, I had to go to some house and shove a guy into a wall to get Telepathy before being able to communicate with the rabbits to even know there was a rabbit lost in the poison forest that needed to be found. After finding Telepathy I made it much farther in the game. Last thing I did was save townspeople of Leaf from slave labor, beat one of the big four, got the fire bracelet, paralysis, and made it to the following town.

Nice little RPG, and its very complex.

From the image, or from the term GigaQuad? The image is from Google, and GigaQuad is what I've seen it called on Holla Forums. I'm aware that there are LPs that make use of the practice, but I don't know the origin of the term.

Gigaquad. I just assumed he was referring to the LP of Four Swords Adventure but it's possible the term predates that.

I've only ever seen them mentioned by someone else maybe twice.

I remember playing the Addams Family games on NES and SNES and, never having a Commodore, thinking they were some weird kind of design that had never been done before or since. Now I know they're part of the Jet Set Willy lineage.

I guess VVVVVV was the last "big game" in that genre.

*looks like it goes even further back to Manic Miner on the ZX Spectrum…

I still don't get how they managed to make a good RTS on the Game Boy, but this shit was my jam. I still haven't seen anyone else ever talk about this game.

Crystalis predicted SJWs.

Maybe if Nintendo actually bundled the GC Connect cable with each system, their connectivity shit might have caught on.

They're being forward and honest while also being non-confrontational. That's like the exact opposite of SJW.

This and Drawn to Life are some of my favorite games. Maybe I'm looking at them through rose-tinted glasses, though

I had a bunch of Dizzy games for my Atari as a lad. I even had that NES one where you had to put another cartridge into it. FUCK PRECISION JUMPING IN THEM THOUGH STOP ROLLING YOU EGGY CUNT AAAAAAAAAAAA

This was a good game.
kys if you think otherwise.

That's double cancer man.

Superior furry VN and best waifu coming through. I've never played Morenatsu because of the all-male cast, but I've heard good things about it.

TGL was a fantastic game. There's a good deal of challenge, although some overworld/shmup segments could be a bit more balanced. For example, in the 2nd or 3rd zone (the jungle place) there's an incredibly difficult miniboss that I was stuck at for awhile. Soundtrack was very tight too. I would love to see a fangame or even a reboot/sequel in the future.

Gonna get called a shill, but I found myself playing this for long periods of time.

Of course, Holla Forums never enjoys games, so I'm wasting my breath.

I had the Genesis port growing up. Never could figure out a use for that rope.

I had the genesis port as well, I got stuck at the dragon part and didn't finish it till years later.

There's a thread in the catalog for this game right now with over a hundred posts. Take your whiny victim complex elsewhere.

Reminds me that the then-unreleased Wonderland Dizzy for the NES got purposefully released by the original developers a year or two back due to finding a floppy containing the source code and being able to bugfix it.

Metal gear sold just because any discussion will be filled to the brim with shitposters with an axe to grind.

The only reason I know about this shit is because one of the characters is named Tatsuki and he started appearing in my weekly image searches of my waifu one day.

Has anyone else ever played Klonoa Beach Volleyball? For some reason that has been my first Klonoa title.

I had this when I was young. It was all in japanese and I didn't have a clue about shit, but it was extremely fun.

I just started undying for the first time and am really enjoying myself
Pic related is comfy as fuck and not as buggy as it once was

I always saw these in Blockbuster and wanted to rent them but never did.
Oh well.

You can almost certainly emulate them nowadays user. Think Tomb Raider meets Duke 3D.

Too lazy. I gave away my psp.
I don't even really play games anymore.

They were PS1 games user, why would you emulate them on the PSP?

These.

Because I also gave away my desktop.
Also you don't need to emulate them on the psp, just package them into an eboot and have a homebrew enabler.

I still don't know why Crapcom felt the need to remove that. I guess I can see how it would be unfamiliar to a western audience but all it was was a character creator with VN events to raise stats so it's not like it's a difficult concept to grasp and had they left it in we may have experienced the VN renaissance a decade early. Fuck Crapcom seriously.

We actually used to have P99 threads all the time here and I don't know where they went. EQ2 though really deserves to be forgotten.

=RESCUE MEEEE==
It wasn't that good, but it was fun.

thats one of the very few 'perfect games' that exsist

When someone brings that game I can't literally think other than the Furious Famicom Faggot.

Oh shit, I tried that a while ago and liked it but couldn't find it again. Pretty sure somebody here mentioned it.

I wouldn't say Holla Forums never talks about it
it's just that threads about CC die fairly quickly
amazing game though, easily one of my favorites

Wait what? You emulator failed to save?

Gimmick! is by far my favorite NES game. Getting all the secret items is a fucking blast and star riding is fun as hell. I'm going to go beat it again now.

wew.

I never thought that I would see a collection of words that would make me think "I want this so much" more than this.

Sigma Star Saga was an attempt at a spiritual successor to TGL.

Patrician taste my nigga.

I like the game, but I hate the community. Mostly filled to the brim with butthurt marxists who unironically hate straight people. It was wonderful seeing them devasted by Trump's election.

I had that on my PS2 but never played it nor opened the case. Yeah, backlog.

niga, play princess maker. It's better.

Inindo is meh, can't even help one ruler dominate japan.

Its a good game, but also a very long one. Maybe too long, depending on who you ask. You still ought to give it a try sometime.

1. Not even the same genre. Raising sim != Simulation-JRPG
2. Inindo is amazingly ambitious and very worthwhile. It has a ton of interesting ideas that are yet to be revisited.

The only thing not revisited is the map-making from a lone soldier point of view but I could argue that other games of Koei had had this formula integrated in their games (Empire, kessen, their strategy games like rotk/NA ) but yeah, it's a macro thing rather than micro.

Army battles, although unique in the game, had already been explored by the suikoden franchise and even the Last Remnant did although bad in execution.

Other parts of the game is similar to your run of the mill RPGs.

The companionship could be like Dragon Quest. or was it dragon warrior (can't remember, it was a game I played in gameboy color).

the sabotage missions was already being revisited by shadow tactics blades of the shogun and you have your entire tenchu franchise for that too.

The battle system, random encounters in map, dungeone exploration is just like any game out there. Daimyo missions is just another fetch quest feature.

The only thing I didn't like about Inindo is that you can't have your own domain and you can't make a ruler own all of japan.

I wrote some responses, but then I realized that none of what you said makes any sense and so you don't know what you're talking about. I'll just bow out.

I was arguing your premise

I just forgot to green text it on my post.

I think dynasty warriors online had tried the map making one. Actually, Mount and Blade Warband had explored that already.

Breaking something into a billion little components and then autistically listing where you've seen them elsewhere isn't an argument.

For example:
dkfjazmqepxxyzaj isn't a unique word. I have seen the letters d, k, f, j, a, z, m, q, e, p, x, x, y, z, a, j elsewhere.

Additionally, none of your comparisons are really valid, because they were largely done in the context of action games rather than simulations.

is inindo even a simulation? It's an RPG and I compared it to its counterparts.

It's a Simulation-RPG. It's by KOEI who, I'm sure you know, comes from a war simulation background of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, etc. So it has a distinct flavor of a JRPG with a world simulation running behind it.

I was arguing about individual ideas which you've clearly stated in here

But if there's any game that combines all those ideas into one, the only game I think of coming close is Mount and Blade but there was no sabotage missions and it's a sandbox.

There's one already

8ch.net/v/res/13080665.html

It's one of those great games that kept getting unwanted spin-offs than an actual sequel.

I have that game.
Iron Man and Spider-Man are the best, Wolverine and Captain America are cool too. Basically Hulk sucks.

DUDE WEED AYY LMAO

He was better as a biped.

People don't talk about TV/Movie Licensed games because they'd rather talk about the fucking source material.

With all the classic PC game faggots and medieval autists on Holla Forums, that Castles would have been one of it's darling games. Never see anybody talk about it though.

Those games were kinda meh, still a better time travel plot than Bioshit though.

Depending on how fast you are and how much completion you're striving for it's easily between 45 and 100 hr, 15 of those spent fishing most likely if you want the complete fish list and 25 of those spent backtracking with a checklist for feeding and beads.
Good thing is now you can just emulate the PS3 version and not have to deal with either PCSX2 being shit or the Wii version being shit, bonus points for running slightly better than it did on the actual PS3 too.

Descent is great, I just suck at 6DOF. I'm only slightly better at FreeSpace because it expects to you to dogfight relatively normally.

Sublevel Zero looks like a fairly decent procedurally generated modern take on 6DOF, never see it mentioned either.

I think I remember asking about Lunar a long time ago and being told that the SegaCD versions were better? Also, from what I remember, Azure Dreams is supposed to be a really great game. I just don't play it.

That's got a PC re-release, apparently. Who knew.

The term comes from the LP, as far as I was aware, and I'm fairly certain it was done by Goons. They at least had a nice idea.

I
I think I want this. If it's better than ChoroQ, I'll be content.

Because that would cost real money to translate for baka gaijin. Instead, gaijin get shitty premade characters!

I thought it was pretty short. You're regular 20 hours hack and slash. When you get to the snow area I thought there would be more but no you go to the ship and boss rush. Knowing what I know now though it's a pretty regular formula for Platinum so I would have expected it to happen in Okami too. Short game then boss crap.

I can't speak from personal experience on if it's good or not, but I seem to recall hearing Racing Lagoon wasn't exactly well received in Japan. Might explain why it didn't come west, or even have a fan-translation? Still, I'll give Square credit for trying out different things back then (as well as having a lot of active IPs, both between franchises and stand alone games).

Yeah, a friend of mine's been playing Okami for the first time (PS2 original on backwards compatible PS3) recently, and by the time he reached Kamui he'd already put in a good 60 hours (and still had roughly a third of the plot left to go).

I'd have to double check how long my save file for it is myself, but it was MUCH longer than twenty hours if I remember right, but that was at least in regard to my experience with it.

I haven't seen any threads for a game that rhymes with Chundertale yet. With good reason.

I played it when I just breezed through games to get action and see cool story. I was never a completionist but now I at least level and plan right. The reason I got around 20 is definetly because I was just playing it casually but now I can't see it being much longer remembering how it was. I got it on PS2 when it came out.

It was spammed to high heaven. Where the fuck where you? We had to beg mark to ban it.

I should consider myself lucky then. I must have been away at the time.

that's what happens when a planned trilogy gets cut down to one game, and Hideki Kamiya asks for a little more time to at least make it complete and goes and sticks the other two planned games in there

this is also a pretty solid explanation for the brevity of the Kamui section

never heard of it before but you have my interest. Tell me more

Oh, was that what happened? Honestly haven't been real aware of how development on the game went. Though, it certainly does feel like three stories (or at least, three story arcs) in one game.

Considering Devil May Cry can be comfortably completed in about ninety minutes and Viewtiful Joe isn't much longer than that, it's a noticeable step up compared to the games they were making prior to that.

actually had me laughing

It's like a mashup between Jetpack and Donkey Kong Country, with a generally inconsistent feel about it. And horrendous sound design.
But I remember it having a level editor, so that was cool.

Holla Forums confirmed for not-shit taste

I wonder if anyone remembers or is familiar with NetBabyWorld.
Fuckin' Shockwave.

Why does it seem like I'm the only one here who likes this game and similar games?

House Party

I would be talking about it, if only it didn't keep crashing in certain parts where I need a crucial item to complete a quest, the concept is OK, framerate is atrocious and gives you motion sickness.

This was a multiplayer smash hit in the early '90s and the community played it heavily for years. You couldn't do anything online without hearing people talking about it. And yet I feel like I'm the only one around now who still remembers it. Anyone other than me every play this? Had some really good times and I feel like it's waiting for your generation to rediscover it like what happened with xcom and doom.

The Guild III is coming soon, what do you think?