Weekend Gamenight: Ace of Spades

Holla Forums GAME NIGHT: SATURDAY EDITION
Now with more maps, prepare for Stalingrad faggots.'

Come play WW1 meets Minecraft and help remove Bluecucks from the rightful ethnic homeland of the Green peoples.

How do I get the game?
buildandshoot.com/download/ and pick your flavour from below
Recommended: get the OpenSpades client
Toasters and nostalgiafags): Get 0.75v
Linuxfags (or macfags): get OpenSpades (check your repos for binaries) or use 0.75v with WINE.

How do I play?
OpenSpades: run openspades.exe and type 834025646 into the 'quick connect' bar at the top of the server browser (if you paste it rather than type it it might crash the launcher).
Faggots using 0.75v: paste aos://834025646 into your browser's address bar like any other link
Linuxfags using Wine: run "wine client.exe -[aos:// link]" in the terminal or use the launcher.

We've limited it to rifles only for now.
Maybe on Sunday we'll do all weapons for a change but shotguns and smgs are fucking cancer.

Feel free to post screenshots (press 0 by default in openspades) and webms, especially if you're playing on your laptop in the woods/on the roof. We'll gather them all on /radcorp/ after the gamenight is done.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/Example:-2D-Aim-Down-Sight-3
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/normandie.html
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/mesa.html
aos.acornserver.com/maps/
web-beta.archive.org/web/20160313140048/http://aoswiki.rakiru.com/index.php/Patches
mega.nz/#!s4ZAiBLD!ji6pMrVNRcEw8cm6RYMknPBWxEWuUmrZZ0JAXnMN2yE
aosblogjp.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-28.html
github.com/NateShoffner/PySnip
gamebanana.com/tuts/12399
github.com/NateShoffner/PySnip/blob/master/pyspades/weapon.py
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FAQS
I keep dying when I spawn.
Did you pick a weapon that wasn't the rifle? If so log out of the game and back in and pick it instead, shotguns and smgs are broken as fuck but we'll do them on Sunday anyway (at least until fags get bored of them).

How do I get a larger FoV/check and change controls/mess with other settings?
If you're using OpenSpades press esc and go to setup. If you're using 0.75 then tough titties.

Openspades crashes when I paste the server name
Happens to some people, just type it manually (it's nine fucking characters you lazy shits).

Why are we using 0.75 instead of [preferred older version of the game]?
0.75 is required for OpenSpades compatibility and so gives the best variety of options for anons.

Where are screenshots saved to?
Windows: %APPDATA%\OpenSpades\Resource
Linux: $XDG_DATA_HOME/openspades/Resources
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/OpenSpades/Resources

Where do I get more ammo/more blocks?
The medical tent, also it gives you more health.

green a shit

Current map is Stalingrad.

Old thread here:

Up to 16 now fags.

is the serb up?

Yup.

NEVER FORGET

Map theme.

WHERE'S THE .75 DOWNLOAD
I DON'T WANT TO USE (((OPENSPADES)))

Same link, scroll down.

www.spadille.net/aos075install.msi
Spoonfed for you.

DEUS VULT

24 now, I can't guarantee the server actually is fixed to let more than 32 fags connect so first come, first served.

ANYONE WHO GETS KICKED FOR 'RAPIDHACK' DON'T WORRY
That's the dumb game fucking up.

Thanks for the attention :D

You guys do realize that if someone is a shameless attention whore, that shaming them and giving them attention might not be the best course of action… Right??

Don't forget to use /squad to see a list of available squads.
/squad [squadname] creates a squad with that name or joins a squad with that name if one already exists.

Where's Al Gore when you need him?

Go get bald somewhere else

Don't make me post hairline pics

So you want to join the lolcow club, baldy?

I don't know what that is tbh

Ahh it's like a cringe thing, huh? Go for it. I think the amount of rage you've got about this is making you overestimate how cringey this entire thing has been. Also, the amount by which you've clung to this balding thing makes me wonder how much you're projecting.

I'm clinging to the balding thing because it gets a reaction from you, balding faggot.

I played Axe of Spade for awhile. It's fucking clunky and terrible

Openspades is less clunky but I'm just going to call you a dirty casual instead.

So what you're saying is…. You didn't realize I was being facetious by replying to the balding thing instead of the rest of the string of insults?

Let's be honest here.. We're both just trying to milk the Mad out of each other.

Current map is classic map.

both of you go be gay somewhere else.

KILLBOX BEST BOX

some more screenshots

If you want better sights
github.com/yvt/openspades/wiki/Example:-2D-Aim-Down-Sight-3
Make sure the image is the same resolution as the game or else it will be scaled up and won't be pixel perfect. I use pic related for 1024x768.

I have to go to work but that was fun as hell. Will hop on later tonight if some people are still playing.

also

get fucked

Is serb full again?

RESPAWNING WORKS IN WAVES
That is all.

Well, time to play with /r/gaming!

What the fuck? This is the /r/gaming serb?

/r/gaming is also being run by us user, it's our test server.

That's fucking ingenious.

amazing, and how many attempts did it take ? 10 ?

I guess I'll just play Babel then.

yeah that was great when you guys figured out how to play

I'll post if a bunch of slots open up, generally people quit at the end of a map.

Should be a slot or two right now.

Should be 1-2 slots now.

best birthday ever

oh well, here's some more screenshots

MAP HAS CHANGED TO STALINGRAD
=SHOULD BE MORE SLTOS FREE NOW==

IF IT'S STILL FULL JOIN /R/GAMING
We also run that server.

Current map rotation is
>normandie aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/normandie.html
>mesa aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/mesa.html
>stalingrad aos.acornserver.com/maps/

Another benefit of 2D sights in OS is that screneshot removes it so you can get pics like this

Where do screen shots go?

there's a folder in %appdata% on (((Windows))) and ~/.local/share/ on Linux

It's our server user, just the test one.

bretty fun, will play later

Why are you faggots using 0.75 again instead of 0.52? This shit is giving me serious cancer.

Better client. Shotgun and SMG are disabled.

Worth it. What the hell does that even matter when all we need to do is just paste the address into the url bar.

you dont NEED to use openspades, you can use regular 0.75 as well. Again SMG AND SHOTGUN disabled

Get over it nigger, either you play or not.
Stop bitching like a woman

He's probably referring to sprinting and autoclimb.

About 4-5 slots free now.

Nigger I am telling you it doesn't matter because 0.75 is hot garbage in itself even without all the cancer that openspades adds. Fucking hell mate.

Ho shit, sorry bro. Didn't know having actual taste was verboten here. Forgive me for getting excited about playing AoS with Holla Forums again. I should know better than to expect nice things.

Well its what we are playing so either download it and play or don't.

I asked in the /radcorp/ thread which version we should play and nobody answered. Last time we had a big game there were people bitching about not being able to use OpenSpades so I went with that.

user it was decided to use 0.75 so some players could use OpenSpades if they wanted. I realise some people don't like it but 0.75 with a rifles-only scirpt is close enough for the vast majoirty of players.

That's not the point though, faggot.

You mean that dead board? Why not ask the board where you're actually holding these threads about it next time, dummy. Maybe you'll get some actual responses then.
Wholly disappointing.

I did ask repeatedly both ingame and in the other threads, no responses. Speak the fuck up or don't complain.

What's your issue with .75?

/radcorp/ is where gamenights are organized and if you saw the other gamenight threads you would have seen the schedule and could have gone there to get your opinion in. I hosted .54 earlier this year and I'm all for playing it again some other time, maybe next month or so.
wait what

other serb is on normandie again

Everything. Ignoring the cancer that is openspades, the glaring ones are the slope walking, added sprinting and the shit maps. No one who makes maps for these newer versions seems to understands what was the charm of the older AoS. Entire maps are cluttered with pre-built shit or have retarded layouts.

Calm your autism dude. Again, if you want actual feedback on stuff like this don't retreat to some dead board only used for planning and ask here instead. But that's up to you fags. Do whatever.
Even then, those newer versions have always been shat on, and rightly so.

I don't normally join game nights, but I'm always up for some AoS with Holla Forums, which is why I'm legit surprised/disappointed no one bothered to call this shit out.
I'll join next time when we're actually hosting proper AoS.

Again, I asked repeatedly both ingame and in the gamenight threads here asking for almost a month in advance. Nobody responded. I am not magic.

magically able to read minds*
And a fair few people complained and came to play anyway, but it's your loss in the end.

Sad! But seriously have you never played it back in the day or something?

I played some version or other years ago with /r9k/ on halfchan, can't remember the actual number. 0.75 was chosen, for the 80th time, because it's kinder on newfags and gamenights are generally mostly popualted by people who have never played the game in question before. Given the ability of the average user to fuck up damn near anything it's necessary, trust me on that.

Stalingrad is finally over.

Server is fine you didn't see anything

war is h*ck

>not biting the bullet and having fun with other anons

BLUECUCKS CAN'T HANDLE THAT SUPERIOR GREEN COCK

Is anyone else's game all dark suddenly?

BL A C K E D

Alright I get it. I made my point anyway, but I disagree on that point of catering to the lowest common denominator, especially for a game as simple as this. It's digging building and shooting. In that regard it is still similar as 0.75 except that it has all this unnecessary shit tacked on that dilutes the fun of it greatly.

Nigger please, if you enjoy eating shit that's on you, but at this point you're just baiting with this low effort shit.

Is there an Auschwitz map?

For what it's worth I'd agree that with AoS older is generally better but gamenights and purism don't mix.
You grant anons far too much intelligence, you'd be surprised how many need to be told the basics of a CTF gamemode. I mean I don't mind too much but it's in the fucking op images.

You just dont get to say "dilutes the fun" when we had over 32 players and we've all been having fun regardless of """unnecessary shit tacked on""". All you've been doing is pissing and moaning about not having a specific version.
you have two options:

Greenfag acrobat team

Nigger where the fuck do you think you are? The number of players doesn't mean shit either, so good for you I guess?
Sounds to me you're just assblasted someone has a different opinion than you and bothered to voice it, mate. I've backed up my opinions with reasonable arguments. I'm not even telling you to stop having "fun" either.
Go suck a dick bro.

Got the sights for 1080p? I can't find or make shit.

Why does everyone insist on buying into the 16:9 meme? It was literally just pushed to save manufacturers money while charging the same prices.

16:10 will never die.

Have you considered that I have had this screen for a long time?

1680x1050 here, can confirm it's the superior ratio.

This was a change that happened over a decade ago user, I'm just still mad about it.

how do I make OpenSpades look more like AoS, instead of this extensively overshaded GLshit?

you can turn all the extra lighting shit off
or just use the stock client

Put it in H

Download 0.75 instead.

This fag gets it.

I dream of a blue victory.
t. someone

im so shit at this game, but its dead fun.
Wall builders represent!!!!

hey torfag did you ever get it working?

Daily reminder attack sqaud is best squad and gets all the ladies

SS and boxcucks are the only squads worth being in

Walls with crenelations are top tier man.

bg

host please reset the fog color

spooky

INTEL AIN'T FREE. THE BASE HAS GOTTA BE LITTERED WITH THE BLOOD OF MY FALLEN COMRADES. BLUECUCKS AKA GOOKS ARE NOT GOOD, THEY IS NIGGERS AND PROBABLY ASS TUNNELERS AS WELL. :DDD BASES NOT GOOK TUNNELS OKAY.

4 slots left, first come first served.

Bluecucks will never recover

I set it back to normal pls forgive

I think it crashed.

It's still up for me.

Black sky is spooky though a lot harder to see things in the distance. I'd have kept it.

Map changing soon, next map is Stalingrad.

MAP IS OVER, STALINGRAD NOW

Map is ogre, new map now.

these super flat maps are kinda boring but I haven't been playing long enough to know how things are done around here

do we ever rotate back to the old school ones with large mountains and rivers?

user, i think i might've misread your post
did you seriously just ask for something fun?
are you retarded?

Yup, the map after this is a sort of halway house then it goes back to classicgen.

I'll post here when we wap to a more hilly/mountainy map.

Well, at least we know the gamenight hasn't been infiltrated by people outside of Holla Forums…

Map has now changed to one with more hills.

does the fog make britfags feel at home?

Looks like aimbot to me faggot.

Was it sneaking around the very edge of the map? If not do tell.

what was it?

Was it the "have more players than the enemy" exploit or the "not have teammates that spend the match making decorations" exploit

dont forget about the "having every player do nothing but shitpost in chat" exploit

please fuck off

You seem somewhat upset anons.

you left just before the Great Green Slaughter

A man has to sleep sometime user, I'm on my ~20th hour of AoS since Friday.

Just so you fags know I'm saving all screenshots, webms and OC as they come but I will ask for them again tomorrow just in case I miss anything.

Whoever suggested openRCT waay back ingame: yes, it's going to show up eventually.

we'll host the old shit some other time, but the modern AoS complaints are:

list of patch changes:
web-beta.archive.org/web/20160313140048/http://aoswiki.rakiru.com/index.php/Patches

I mean you can fix a fair few of them with scripts and the new spade is literally the old pickaxe and shovel in one tool.

I don't know why more hasn't been done with OpenSpades since it's open-source but whatever.

This is in B&S.

Openspades works but feels like faggots

I was a bit confused also user, in an ideal world we'd have a better compromise option. There is one fag on Holla Forums making his own fork I think but I haven't heard from him in weeks.

what did you set resolution to it has a limit of 1280 by 1024

Have you tried just using the old 0.75 installer instead of the B&S launcher? It should be in the same link.

openspades is just the client. A lot of it can be changed on the server but some of it would require working on both.

It is open source but someone would probably be more inclined to make something new rather than sift through it all to make it the way it was in the past. It'd be a lot of work with little incentive.

The server is also open-source, it's called PySpades. Some faggot reverse engineered the original and then got hired by Jagex for the 1.0 release and fucked off and never spoke of the game again.

I know, but pyspades and pysnip haven't been updated in a couple of years. The only one I know of that's still being developed is piqueserver (updated six hours ago).

Something like voxelwar is much more interesting if you want to build off of the idea.

We need to have a moment of silence for all the anons who've died trying to valiantly rush a blue fortification and grenade it, to only get mercilessly gunned down.

Is there any video game console, where there are no indie video games, and where there are only AAA video games?

I totally avoid any crap indie game

THIS is why you remove every tree in sight. The greenfag will naturally try to blend in with his surroundings as is instinctual for such a lowly creature. Pity him but show no mercy, and leave him nowhere to hide.

I'm surprise Al Gore hasn't shown up with all the tree-removing we've been doing.

fix'd

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
BE THERE

Fuck you op you call yourself a gamer yet limit the game by limiting the weapons because
Let us fucking decide for ourselves and moderate ourselves as needed. Were fucking adults, we don't need you to tell us part of a game sucks and restrict us from experiencing it. You autistic faggot

lol newfag

I take it you've never played AoS before user, the shotgun is a super weapon. We're literally ingame right now testing a script to nerf them into balanced so calm your tits.

Also what the fuck is with the block limit? and why cant we have a server going where it sticks to one map so we can actually build bases that are more than box forts. Jesus Christ

would you calm the fuck down if i told you we're trying to solve that right now?

You call me a newfag for wanting to be able to use all the weapons? fuck off

You can get more blocks by respawning, going to the resupply tent or digging more from the ground.

Your a fucking child that needs his gaming experience curated instead of enjoying it as it is.

Whats the point if we only have a few minutes? This game is trying to be call of duty online. This game would shine if we had more weapons, a permanent map and unlimited blocks. The way the game is now it just feels limited and forced.

These games regularly go on for fucking hours (I think we did 3 hours of Stalingrad earlier), there's actually no time limit at all but rather it ends after 5 caps. What the fuck are you smoking?

Are you fucking retarded? I didn't say shit that would "casual" the game.
Unlimited blocks = forts that are complex and
fun to roam
Unlimited time= time to build intricate structures, make plans , lay sieges etc
permanent map= your work wouldn't be destroyed after a set amount of time, host a few servers each hosting a different map permanently

You are beyond fucking stupid for thinking this makes it casual, if anything the way it is now is casual and simple as fuck.

Contrarian hipsters, your just saying its nice the way it is because im saying it isn't. Theres no way you would really want to be permanently limited like this.

There's already unlimited time you fag.

THERE IS
THERE IS
clusterfuck but it could get fun i suppose

already happens
already happens
already done on normalfag servers and your giant dicks usually stay up for a decent amount of time anyway

This is the quality of posting you get from people who use either of those words unironically.

So anyway, I'm off for a nap but shotgun has been nerfed into usability for tomorrow. All credit to the dude who messed with it.

Apparently still 10 fags ingame or something too, someone feel free to correct me.

Finished version of plz r8

8/8
I'm asleep now though, clearly someone else posted this.

The default since .05 has been that the map is permanent, we're playing with map changes after 5 captures (team victory) because it gets incredibly dull after 10 hours of combat to have the single green fortress/blue hill pillbox on the map be destroyed and that every landmark that isn't water becomes a freakin' grenade crater. Nevermind it becomes incredibly difficult to defend after the 20 hour mark due to the high possibility that the map would be flattened at lowpop hours or be filled with so many tunnels everywhere that there couldn't possibly be a frontline anymore outside of where the intel decides to spawn.
Besides, new battlefields to spice up the grind isn't a bad thing unless you hate change so much that it trows you off and makes you lose, even though it's a teamgame and nobody is taking it seriously.
You really never played AoS before? Just lurk more if you don't know jack for shit.

Pic related is you.

Killbox from last thread that some faggot votemapped away mid-round. Disabled /votemap over it.

Reminder to everyone that there's a patched version of 0.52 that has

mega.nz/#!s4ZAiBLD!ji6pMrVNRcEw8cm6RYMknPBWxEWuUmrZZ0JAXnMN2yE

Well yeah but for some reason the classic client runs like ass on my machine, unlike openspades. Which mens that if people played .52 i wouldn't be able to join.

well fug
How do i switch block colors anyway? I forgot.

Arrow keys, or press e to copy the block color you're looking at.

Can somebody tell me what's the default FOV setting ? Didn't write the number down before messing around with it

You don't even fucking know what you meant by that.

So I played on other servers and don't seewhat you mean by smg and shotgun are cancer. TBH all you need to do is increase the fire rate for the rifle and it will be even. Also why are we playing on such dry maps? The other servers are way more fun. not autisticaly restrictedby OCD faggots

I never asked for this

when we using those?

Can we have GTA SAMP as a gamenight?

>>>/radcorp/

Shit I've been playing this regularly since the first days it was posted on 4/v/ and I'm only just realizing you're all playing.

after current round when I activate meme guns and meme maps

I was banned for destroying a fort

Everyone In the server is autistic as hell getting mad over forts and shit

You too triple nigger, you never even put the shovel in my ass

You were votekicked by the guy you were bitching at, the b& is a sideeffect that I would undo if you weren't acting like a faggot.

I think it's 60-something.

Shotgun and SMG are getting nerfed for Sunday anyway.

Yes, though I'm not sure what gamemode we'd do. Maybe a custom one that rotates between race, TDM, minigame etc.

I can always ask hostfag to disable votekick if peope are being faggots.

No, he actually needed it.

I had more to say, you are just assuming
Sounds like reddit tbh

Why would I want to get unbanned from the server? You restrict weapons and have players who freak out over a base that isn't even permanent. I only got greif on your fucking server. Its a hive of fedoras all obsessing over this game and making sure evryone plays it exactly the same.

WHY WOULD A SERVER HOSTED BY AN 8CH USER EVEN HAVE THIS TO BEGIN WITH? Banning and spiting people and being petty? That's SJW tier shit

Fuck you, I wrecked a base and followed double nigger around. Jesus I dint realize this was your virtual safe space

Oh, you're the fag who wants shotguns and smgs enabled? That explains rather a lot.

kek

Im fucking disgusted that someone from the ex gamer gate crowd thinks all this moderation is acceptable

Everything you've said and done so far has only served to help answer your question.

You little shit, the SMG is as accurate as the rifle but IT DOES LESS DAMAGE AND HAS MAJOR RECOIL. If you try using an smg long range you need to do small burts but it gives the enemy ample time to reach cover before death. The rifle does high damage and is a long range weapon that you need good accuracy to operate. The shotgun is for close quarters and tunnel clearing.

You know nothing of gun play

The ban doesn't even last more than 30 minutes.
No, this is a Christian server you heathen.

my sides

You are autistic, period.

Yes, that's how interacting with an established community works, if you want to play your way you're welcome to host your own weekend "watch me furious shit myself" gamenight and be amazed as no one chooses to join you and your antics.

have this one too

So what your saying is that you think 8ch users are faggots who ban features from games because of personal preference and make up shit reasons to justify your decision?

It also completely rapes blocks rendering forts pretty much useless. If you actually read the fucking thread you'd see there's a faggot already working on a little script to nerf that.
The default shotgun has almost as high an effective range as the rifle and is much easier to hit with, you can headshot faggots from miles away. Once again this is already being solved, do try to read.

wew

now this is autism

Nigger I FUCKING WRECKED A BASE!
Are you fucking telling me my actions are that closely judged on this server? What the fuck you idiot. Running in circles doesn't affect you, typing stupid shit when nobody else is saying shit doesn't affect you. You just cant stand someone stepping out of line in your little domain.

aosblogjp.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-28.html
For the user who wanted the script that triggered 645727

Yup. I told you, if you don't like it you're welcome to host your own event.

According to the fags I just asked you repeatedly destroyed our own team's base, a detail you appear to have left out from this post, in addition to being a faggot. Now I wasn't ingame but I'm going to go by what those faggots say since you're the first fag to complain about this all weekend and seem like a bit of a cock anyway.

You can destroy the enemy base just as easy, whats the problem? Build underground, use your fucking mind. The SMG doesn't break blocks as fast as you let on anyway.

I read it then tried other servers to judge weapons for myself and found I don't agree with OP

Also the shotgun is slow as fuck to shoot with and does NOT shoot as far as the rifle and even has spread. Jesus dude. Part of the fucking hive mind. Its in the OP so its true.

I have video evidence

What does it matter if I wrecked a base on my own team? THERE WERE THREE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE SERVER BESIDES ME. Everyone was milling about so I decided to fuck with some fag who was giving me shit. I would do it again

You act like what I did was a serious offence against some kind of established community. Fuck you

This sounds like fun, downloading

Make sure you don't step out of line.

This community is more cancerous and restrictive than reddit

Shouldn't be too hard since literally everyone else but you seems to manage it.

So why are you still here?

I have been corrected, THIS is autism.

You sound a bit butthurt, tone down the autism a few notches.

It sure fucking is on a server with three other people who aren't even fighting. I didn't get in the way of a game, fuck you I knocked down a structure, get over it.

Because im cancer as well, that's why im here.

Then you're the only non-Brazilian player in the history of AoS to think that way.

Anyway, setting aside this autist we'll have the new weapon script on in a little while.

It's exactly because of faggots like these why we don't allow SMG.

Real fucking nice

Even so, I think you're right - we're clearly just the most oppressive, SJW cunts around, you really don't want to be playing videogames with us. You should just leave now and save yourself from our hell-gulag of a server.

im starting to realize that this anti smg thing is a hipster "we don't like it because others do" thing

That's just it though, you fucks are actively trying to ruin the fun for anyone who want to play how they wish but still enjoy the banter of the particular community

Exactly, we're awful people, you shouldn't waste your time with us.

little did he know memeguns were about to be enabled right after his timeout

And they kicked you out, fuck you, get over it.

okay, fine, nothing I can do. I asked to be able to play the whole game but nope. Too much to ask. One weapon, one play style, if a player is mad with you youll be banned so just go with what everyone is doing and don't go your own way.

I bet you think trannies should get their own bathrooms too

Yup, we're as terrible as everywhere else. Bye.

How can you call yourselves gamers? You aren't gamers, youre control freaks. You've turned a fucking server into a Holla Forums subreddit

why
Oh well, shotgunsniping is gonna be fun, unless you guys finally nerfed the headshot damage so it doesn't do 100 damage per pellet

All in all I have to say thanks. This is a wonderful game when you actually get to play it. I really enjoy some of these modes.

Nigger I knew before I ruined the base

Shotguns and SMGs no longer headshot at all actually, they're pretty well balanced. Higher skill players with rifles will still win outside of tunnel-fighting.

Que?

If you'll calm your autism the voteban thing should disappear on a restart. Feel free to come be a cunt ingame too.

I plan on it

As I understand it actually the script translates all headshots by shotguns into bodyshots or something. Anyway it's an easy 1-hit kill at 5 blocks range, two hit out to about 10-15 and three hit at about 20. After that it falls off to negligible damage (think 1-0). No instant headshots. Still has block damage enabled.

SMG is comparable with a little more range but now no block damage. In an ideal world we'd work on a tweak to make it be stationary only and have a set up time to emulate a MMG but there's not time to do that quickly.

All credit to reddit (the user, not the website) for getting it working and a few fags for helping test it.

so the smg cant do any damage to blocks? Now you cant escape down with the smg to give yourself a chance to aim or switch to shovel to get to safety

I'm trying to make a script that converts the SMG to an LMG to make it more like WWI with Vicker's and Maxim's. I don't know much about Python, sadly. For anyone who is interested in my idea and actually knows about Python, I figured that the best way for it to work is that when the player fires the SMG, player collision detection on the x and y axis is activated so it'd be like he's in a box. I'm not sure if you can freeze player movement, but if you can, that'd be better.

We're playing on the plane maps now. Small guys need not apply.

kek

Gud joek

I'm afraid I also have no idea user.

Holy shit this game is on python?
Change the image files for the weapon, obviously, record the player's current X&Y position at the time of firing and don't change it until you release fire, and snap him back to position if he tries to move. Otherwise you have to mod the part of the code that actually accepts key input. If the snap-to is called every frame you shouldn't be able to exploit corner peeking either. No idea how these scripts look like or implementation, but I do know python because I took a course three years ago and haven't touched the language since.

I also want this pic related in the game, that would be hella cool.

Also, for your mod related I would do a BAR because they're better. Chauchat if you wanna be Evropa.

CURRENTLY TESTING NEWLY NERFED SHOTGUN
10ish fags on if anyone wants to see the changes.

Apparently we're actually recreating 9/11, my mistake.

WE'LL PLAY THE PLANE MAP UNTIL THE NEW SCRIPT IS DONE, MAYBE 10 MINUTES
Anyone who gets sick of it watch out for me posting in the thread that it's over.

crashing this plane

wonderful

What sort of potato are you playing on user?

Nothing quite like it.

kek

Just finishing up the ctf script, please hold.

that's the default and vanilla version tends to shit itself on high resolutions

We're on ctf now but nerf script still incoming.

wew

The two fags who did it were up until 7am, credit to them.

If fags want to see how broken normal smg and shotgun are now's your last chance.

Someone better be getting caps of 645727's infinite asspain to compile later id do it myself but im trying to juggle 3 different things here

Wow! How can one post be so epic?!

The actual game is in C++, which I have more familiarity with, but doublenigger is using Pysnip for the servers. Here's the source code:

github.com/NateShoffner/PySnip

Serb restarting.

Well, on the one hand at least there are no OP SMGs when it's ded.

So will the weapon fix script be active after this reset?

Yes, though there are currently technical issues. Please standby and look at pictures of the /bane/ maps.

Quick correction: we're going back to rifles only for 10-20 mins to do some more tech support.

TO CLARIFY: RIFLES ONLY FOR A BIT WHILE WE FIX IT.

Back to rifle only for now

IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHANGE THEIR GUN POSITION ON SCREEN IN OPENSPADES: READ THIS
gamebanana.com/tuts/12399

Hey PythonAnon, I think if you add a condition for SMGs here, it might work.

github.com/NateShoffner/PySnip/blob/master/pyspades/weapon.py

def set_shoot(self, value): if value == self.shoot: return current_time = reactor.seconds() if value: self.start = current_time if self.current_ammo

OP said he would disable vote kick
For "being annoying"
Straight up reddit SJW tier shit. I complain and get banned

he's ALMOST figured it out. ALMOST but not quite really.

OP =/= host, also how did you piss off more than 60% of the server?

My fucking complaints are legitimate. Its not adding skill to the game by forcing you to use a rifle that wont put down a target with 3 center of mass shots.

While we were playing with SMGs so many people were constantly complaining but when I complain because I WANT them I get banned. What the fuck is that hypocrisy?

You were votekicked by anons, nothing I can do about that other than laugh.

Fuck off you annoying underage shitter
Take the hint, go be twelve somewhere else

No fuck you, everyone was griping about the SMGs but it wasn't annoying then because they were saying what the group wanted, th second I complain im labeled annoying and get banned. I was fucking annoyed with the people complaining about the SMGs and said so but nobody did shit.

You are upset, please keep posting.

Its not me being a child asking to be able to play the full damn game. Its not being a child wanting the weapon I use to be effective. I have legitiamate complaints about game play but you don't like them so you ban me.

SMGs are a pain in the ass and make the game like CoD. We want the WWI experience.

no they arent
only pissbabies who cant aim say this
3 shots to the body is a kill.
i wonder why
ill give you 2 guesses, but you just need one.

Not an argument

Its not that things changed, its that their complaints weren't labeled annoying. Why should I get banned for doing nothing other than voicing MY OPINION? This is why I say reddit tier SJW shit. Only those fucks do that kind of shit.

Hey, here's a concept: make your own gamenight, your own server and you can sperg all you fucking want

I hit my targets multiple times and they didn't die.

How is it broken and unplayable?

protip aim for the head

i cant wait for the absolute salt from you when you see what we did to fix the SMG and Shotgun

The worst thing is that people aren't working together. For as much as you all say you hate casual, you all just run around and shoot with no strategy at all but since you do it with a shit gun its not COD. Niggers you can set up a local match on COD and it play EXACTLY like this if you wanted. The only difference is graphics/

i think you are retarded

the rifles are for long range sharpshooting
The SMGs are for medium range bursts or long range single shots (due to recoil)

To be honest you should be equipped with all three form the start and just be able to switch depending on situation.

I actually kinda agree with you on this one. There's way too much running and not enough tactics.

Yeah I guess wanting to actually have fun in a game is retarded.

And here you are saying wrong things again.

Hostfag you fuck, check tox.

i'm having fun :^)

It fucking sucks that even on a fucking server hosted by Holla Forums I cant say what I want. From reddit to facebook to motherfucking 8ch everywhere is an echochamber, a deposit of like minded people reinforcing each others beliefs

I'm hostfag and I never said that. I'm not OP either.

click his ID and laugh

have you even heard of headshots before?

At the end of the day you need to look at yourselves those who banned. You banned me for talking. I thought you were against moderation?

You can say what you want, but people don't have to tolerate it. The way I hear it, it sounds like you brought it upon yourself by being a massive faggot.

New thread

I laying on a bed using a mouse on sheets so my aim isn't the best but even if I was sitting at my desk its not about the aiming. Its about the damage for one and also the fact that one damn gun gets monotonous.

So what your saying is you support shutting people up if their opinion isn't your desired one?

TBH free speech works by people tolerating it not accepting it. If your annoyed cuss me out in the chat, have everyone lay it on thick. You don't fucking ban people for talking, were past that.

the rifle actually has shit accuracy in this version of the game

I wasn't stepping on toes, I wasn't causing havoc, just talking

fug

Complaining all the fucking time, if it was a message or two, nobody would've given a fuck, but you couldn't shut the fuck up as we can see ITT

If it bothers you ignore it faggot.

an irony so palpable you can taste it

The other servers are much better and have more players. The game really shines in tall levels with much room to dig and build. Nothing better than gtting chased around in tunnels and trying to loose your tail by covering your escapes with dirt colored blocks

There is no situational irony in this

I cant ignore a ban because it prohibits me from an action, my words did not prohibit you.

okay im done now.

Well then, go play there.
Believe it or not, you're not the center of the universe, and there's people enjoying this game as we're playing, why should they adapt to what you want nigger?

It's a fucking privately run Ace of Spades server. Banning people who act like fags isn't some Draconian measure. You can shit on someones lawn, but it doesn't mean that the landowner has to tolerate that. They have the freedom to decide whether they tolerate lawnshitting, whereas a law that outlaws or permits lawnshitting regardless of the landowner's input on the matter.

Fuck, meant to add at the end of it would be Draconian.

Of course it isn't, you faggots are running around with long guns but playing like you have an SMG equipped/. The game is balanced just fine (get into a medium to long range gun fight using an SMG vs a rifle and tell me its unbalanced) it just feels unbalanced because you are playing it wrong. You are all running around casual as fuck, no wonder you think the SMG is over powered, you aren't using your rifles right. If you have a rifle don't fucking run into close quarters. You all act like your serious gamers but all the running you do shows otherwise. You guys don't like SMGs for the simple fact anyone can use it against you because you run around like idiots.

He's still at it, he's still here, he's still salty as fuck and he's still banned.

TempleOS port when?

Did server die?

Restart, also you're in the wrong thread user.

Only given weapon.py a cursory look because I was doing and successfully completed pic related. OOP in Python has always been a mess, I am assuming from the looks of it that code block is a checker to see if you're shooting or not.
BE NICE IF ANY OF IT WAS COMMENTED TRIPLE NIGGER

As for balance I think that Rifle needs to have 100 damage on head and torso, and then 50 or less on arms and legs, and on top of it reduce mag capacity to five, like in actual WWI. If you play Verdun, you'll know that EVERY SINGLE full power cartridge rifle one shots on head and torso. This'll also force people to play more into trenches like we want instead of CODding it up. Also up reload from 2.5 → 3.0 seconds. Increase firing delay for shotgun from 1.0 → 1.25 or even 1.50, it's a shitting pump action not a semi-auto. From personal experience as is it shits on everyone if you can get within 10m of them. Range is good. Reduce SMG head damage to 50, so it's still 2 heads to kill but you can't get instagibs from a lucky spray head x body. This is assuming it remains an all range rapid fire fucking weapon with quick reload, and isn't converted to LMG status.

As for C++ I could probably read it for knowing C and C#, but I've not written any programs in it. Was faffing around in Unreal Engine 4 for a couple days trying to into /agdg/, slow "progess".

It was free, and somehow continues to be free. I dare not say anything until I get any semblance of currency again.

You're right though it is trashworthy and I hate it, but at least it makes phone calls.
Polite sage for double bost.

The issue, again as I understand it from a limited level of knowledge, is that server-side scripts can only mess with so much.

Yeah, but from what I saw on one match on the 9/11 map, even though I had good ping I was constantly rubberbanding to the spawn whenever I moved. Maybe it is possible to set a player's position?
The main components are:
-Keep player pinned, or slow movement speed by a TON, if that is a variable. This is under an if statement for IF weapon == SMG, I know I saw a tag for it somewhere.
-Simply change the stats of the SMG to be an LMG.
-Probably something else that I'm forgetting.
-???
-Profit.

Try the new thread user: