FFXIV: Stormblood Thread: Global Cooldown Shitpost edition

>Read this for beginner's tips, you won't get to the expansion for weeks so don't worry about learning those, you'll know enough when you get there: ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:A_Realm_Reborn_Beginner's_Guide

Shitpost about the GCD and talk about the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread?p=4303113#post4303113
fflogs.com/statistics/15#aggregate=amount&dataset=80
fflogs.com/statistics/15/#aggregate=amount&boss=1036
fflogs.com/statistics/15/#aggregate=amount&boss=1037
youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/99b3a5c490b174e2e8382b05eb1fc7fea9115bfc
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/231513-Do-you-think-it-s-actually-worse-to-get-Battle-High-and-Battle-Fever-in-Slaughter
advancedcombattracker.com/download.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Low effort bread, user. I know we lost the fucking template, but please, next time I am making new one.

On the topic. There has been a surge in number of shit tanks lately, courtesy of tanks typically being the role in need in the roulettes and SE decided to bribe encourage player to tank more by giving free clusters. Lately, role in need swung towards the healer and thankfully, healer is harder to fuck up than tank, so except 'lazy heals' with no dps and tad bit slower roulette runs.

expect*

I've been doing nothing but tanking and dpsing for years.

I'm trying to be a good Heal slut now, but its pretty hard work.

I just want to level RDM. I'm at 54. Is there a faster way than POTD? I've found nothing so far.

Does an int potion affect Bahamut's damage if you pop it before summoning him? I want to know where to put it in my rotation,if for trance or for him.

Who the fuck wrote this main story, and if they're still employed, fucking how?

Eorzea Collection is goddamn trash, don't fucking send me there

Did you guys fucking know Delta V1 has an enrage? How can people be so shit?

ded game

rip…..

SOON
tm

is it time yet?

HAND OVER THE CATS MAGGOTS

I love all you faglords!

No, it isn't. It's literally just a more complex version of whack-a-mole.

But I am a cat, does that mean I hand myself over?

dead game

is ffxiv a good game? im thinking about buying it

Debateable right now. If you wanna start from scratch, there is so much fucking content for you to go through that it tends to push new players away.

Are you talking about the part where you are intentionally hazed by your sempai?

really? how much are we talking about

PvP gives decent exp, even better when you can find 7 people to do a premade group with.
Also you can play the match as whatever class you want and then switch out before to end to get the EXP for your redmage.

If i say it enough times it will be true

you mean the one where they haze you and make you go get the ingredients for your own banquet before helping you to take down titan? that quest is great.

what are you looking for user?

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread?p=4303113#post4303113

>halving of oath/beast gauges being removed fucking yes
>if drg, for example, is going to get damage buffs, it will be in a way that emphasizes the "uniqueness" of the job lower jump cd's maybe? easier to get eyes?

Adjustment Details:
■Scholar
・The introduction of “Miasma II” as a job specific skill.
・Changed the cooldown of Emergency Tactics to 20 seconds.
・Indomitability [stay tuned]
・Strengthening Excogitation.
・Changed the range of Fey Union to 15 malms.
・ Aetherpact has been changed to increase Faerie Gauge even when Aetherflow actions does not inflict an effect on the target.
・Introduction of a trait reducing the cooldown of Aetherflow.

■Astrologian
・Arcana and Royal Road cards can now be discarded via an action.

■White Mage
・Adjustments to the rate of which Healing Lilies are granted.
・Plenary Indulgence will see some major adjustments.

>not sure if this will be local or done by the sn inc tiny bahamuts summoned by huge roegadyn?

Black mage
We made a couple of adjustments which black mage players will understand.
Also, when doing their skill rotations, there are moments where they lose all their MP, so we’re making some adjustments to the MP.
- MP cost for Foul has been removed.
- Recast time for Triplecast has been reduced from 90 to 60 seconds.
- Recast time for Fire IV and Blizzard IV has been reduced from 3 to 2.8 seconds.

Ninja
- Potency for Gust Slash will be reduced. The reason for this is because the players found a stronger skill rotation than those the dev. team was using while making adjustments.

cont.

YES
Also reminder that pic related is all lalas are good for.

The main story alone takes a good 100 hours if you rush it

[General Adjustments]
・Hot Shot
Increased physical damage effect from 5% to 8%.
Increase to Heat Gauge reduced from 10 to 5.
・Removed the Heat Gauge reduction effect from Quick Reload.
・Increased Rook Overload potency from 400 to 800.
・Increased Bishop Overload potency from 300 to 600.
And more.

>omega savage loot protocol will be linked to jobs in the raid no wasted loot drops i guess

You can check out the appearance of any gear not strictly gotten from dungeons/quests by talking to either the merchant that sells it (tomestone gear) or by checking for it on the market board.

Holy shit.

Thank God. They can't make Shake it Off worse, can they?

unless it actively debuffs you worse than old berserk did, then no. removing the skill would be a buff right now, since it would free up a slot we can use to put fucking nothing in, which is infinitely more use than we get from shake it off right now

wew, after a few uses I actually find his size a little obnoxious myself, so that's cool.
I knew something was missing. I swore I had a healing spell for my pets but I couldn't put my finger on it.
I'll want to see this when anyone figures it out.

Can I just say, I got into this game thanks to some friends. But Jesuit Priest this game gets my autism for crafting into overdrive.

Spent about 1 day leveling the character, then I unlocked crafting and have taken about 3 getting all of them to level 15, going back to level the character again so that I can start getting to new areas that have more crafting mats to use.

I just love the idea that based on luck/skill/crafting gear levels you can make high quality versions of the items you make consistantly.

they did a good job with it. it was actually solid in 1.0, but getting anywhere due to the limitations of the game was bullshit. they managed to take most of the good and none of the bad from 1.0 and put it in 2.0. the worst that can be said for crafting in this game is that you want to have all crafts leveled so you have access to all the good cross-class skills you can use. i haven't yet met a dedicated crafter who thinks that's a bad idea though.

i listed the ones they talked about specifically. not sure if there will be any more in this patch, but it looks like they're keeping an eye on things and will be using savage as a way to gauge how stuff performs in a high stress environment, and then go from there.

it has a free trial with no time limit you idiot, don't buy the game if you don't know it's for you yet

What a fucking shock, inb4 we get to see WAR but in reverse
also
lmao dead job

FINALLY
I've wanted this for a long time. If they make a roulette out of it too, that'd be great.

Well okay, hi

Your not wrong, sucks if your not a dedicated crafter, but all of it compliments so well. Even at level 15 when all you get is 3 slots to work with, the ability to make sure that you can get the last "work" points in with a skill that is 100% success but 90% efficient, means that you no longer have to worry about wasting turns using hasty touch to try and increase quality just a tiny bit more, after your CP and CP generators are all used up.

15th Lakshmi clear got me the rest of my accessories. All that's left is Omega for the next two weeks and I'll probably be 320.

Why are catbois are cuter than catgrills?

Reminder this is the best armor in the game.

What the fuck is happening, someone help me I just want to grind for gear.

I'm not looking forward to it anymore, Yoshi.

kill all gays

It's gonna be the blue bitch. The constant tsundere shit from both of them is the perfect setup.

I feel like I've gone to far into the depths of being a cat. Should I race traitor to potato?

You look like a member of The Village People.

I found the carry, at least.

yeah, it makes sense. part of me wanted cirina to be his girl, but part of me also wants her to remain the pure waifu she already is.

either way, it'll be interesting to see how that quest plays out. given magnai's tendency towards a rather romantic worldview, coupled with his super arrogant attitude, i'm sort of hoping for a hildi-esque matchmaking scenario.

I honestly thought he was going to see the whatever in the Drothil or whatever's leader's eyes. Like some big reveal mid fight of "Oh shit bby lets fuk"

That was the goal.

Fuck yes.

Dungeons are the fastes xp with potd generally being second with pvp being third for the most part unless you can get constant 1st places.

helll yeeah

Not him, but doman steel gauntlets/greaves work really well with that set. I'm running that combination on my tank with Kidomaru (a glamour piece that a fate boss in northern Yanxia drops).

I did a dungeon roulette recently where nobody seemed to know what they were doing. The rogue just spammed throwing daggers the whole time, the tank struggled to even hold aggro against me (as a bard!), and the healer was ok I guess but too focused on squeezing out that extra Stone II instead of healing us.

This is top tier.

What's that program called that lets you increase breast size?

Double dubs checked and congrats.

noice.

help me fam

hi

sam is neato

Autism roulette is a more apt name for it.

Man, whoever was behind this dungeon's set of armor deserves a raise.

What? garo event is still going?

Can ASTs where it?

God damn you can easily blow so much time sorting inventory and crafting intermediary shit

Dyable set when?

Playable Viera when?

Hopefully soon. Gonna get AF gear now, and glam it so I have heavy armor for arms and legs, and then Shisui for the rest.

i'm trying to take thunder screen shots while waiting for Ixion and this dumb cat is ruining my shots

the sirensong sea stuff is dyable
the outfits are to taste but the weapons are pretty high tier

they considered GL4 but yoship said that would make good players better than bad players by their own effort and we can't have that.

yeah, but not for much longer. hence my desire to get these 10 out of the way. i was putting it off because i hate the pvp in this game but id like at least one of the mounts.

there's a healer version yeah. no thigh highs, but you get thigh garters instead, which works out. plus the skirt is cuter and the color scheme is more fitting a healer white with red

can't decide if i like healer shisui better or worse than tank shisui.

PvP in this game isn't about "muh K/D". You can win as long as you do the objective and kill what need to be kill rather than killing everyone in sight ala FPS deathmatch

actually the playerbase has overvalued the pve targets in shatter to the point of insanity
shatter has always rewarded the team that goes for kills over ice, you never notice this because people are notoriously incompetent (especially recently), completely lack an understanding of the games mechanics even after this drastic simplification

The reward you get for killing another players isn't substantial enough to win anything. Going after the crystal is still the way to go. Peoples that know how to play frontlines will aviod pvp and camp the biggest crystal nodes while defend it from the other teams. If you strictly killing players and not the crystal nodes, you will never win

going full PVP wins games faster than going for ice provided that the other 2 teams don't notice what is happening and keep funneling to ice like lemmings getting picked off then respawning and repeating.

As with everything in FFXIV the playerbase ruins everything.

How much does 1 kill give you vs an entire crystal?

Every kill gives some number and takes it away from enemy, every time someone gets 4/8 kill buff it gives some other amount, it can add up quite quickly and in big bursts I've had games that looked lost but a dipshit team went for a big when they only needed 100 points and got PVP'd to the finish line.

Sorry I don't know exact numbers but I think in time people will notice the ice is over-rated and maybe do PVP, but as long as there is a glowing thing on the minimap people will keep funneling to them 30 seconds too late to make any difference and get picked off.

It only give you damage buff and faster refill on your LB meter, it doesn't give any additional point for killing players.
You seems under the impression that peoples not gonna defend themselves when you attack them which is not the case. Like I said, peoples will camp the nodes and guard it. While you're busy killing 2-3 players, my team already got the full point and fuck off to camp the next nodes. There are more strategies but that is the basic of it. That is not to say you can avoid doing PvP at all., you have to kill players at some point when you are gather at the same nodes as the other team, but getting the crystal is always a better choice than mindlessly going after players

shit that never happens

I know its reddit but its the only souce I can find, basically, killing players only give you 5 points.
Even the PvP-est mode like The Feast doesn't focus on K/D.

Or you can just buy the game instead of ironmanning shit like it's Runescape. Oh wait, you guys have a gil cap too, so not spending it would be a gil waste on top of an XP waste.

Tell that to the players on SAM's tail in the EX fights. fflogs.com/statistics/15#aggregate=amount&dataset=80
I am worried about them fucking up tanks once again though.

Yeah totally I believe you, dumbass

Easy to discount for the people that don't understand their jobs, I know.

All melee has at least 1 positional. Pathetic argument. A minor change to RoF is all that most MNKs seem to be crying for.

I dont think SAM have one

make use of form shift, chakras, or earth riddle
sam has positionals too, they're for more kenki.

They've got one. One of their starting moves is a "Hit the enemy from behind for bonus damage" move.

sam has positionals that increase their kenki on rear and flank
sam is rather forgiving right now and will most likely stay this way till 4.1 when i expect them to shake up the pve meta

So it just increase the Kenki gauge? does it affect damage?

not that i'm aware of, but kenki is important for off-gcd kenki spenders like shinten which is 300 potency for 25 kenki with no cd or guren which is a 800 potency line aoe for 50 on a 2 minute cooldown

No.
From 52-61, you have three attacks that give kenki and two of them require a positional.
From 62-70, all attacks give kenki now but the positionals give double (10 instead of 5) if you do them correctly.
AKA compared to any other job SAM is punished by far the least by missing a positional, as all it does is moderately nerf their kenki gain as opposed to flat potency decreases.

Which just proves that it's dead. They have to work way harder to still do significantly worse DPS than SAM in exchange for… the shittiest raid utility in the game. Seriously, 5% physicalfor weaponskills only and only for players other than the monk? Lol.

You're right. We should bring it up to SAM levels so those filthy Bandwagoners are left out of the raids due to NO utility. That's perfect.

Finally bought this fucking game since it was on sale, and it's updating for PS4 right now. How easy is it to make friends in this shit? I'd rather not run around solo for 1000+ hours.

there's a very good reason monks are a staple in a lot of the top runs.

Play on exodus and join the 8chin FC, pretty chill bunch.

At this point MNK just needs to be scrapped and remade from the ground up, preferably by the same people responsible for SAM, since they seem to know how to make a job that isn't clunky shit.

those are not the same thing

If you hop on Exodus and join one of the FCs (or even just the linkshell, which is effectively a private chat room that's seperate from FC affiliation) you'll have a bunch of people to play with. If you're asking in terms of meeting random people, fucking NEVER EVER because the duty finder is cross-world so every single time you meet someone cool in a dungeon or trial you're going to get cucked when you realize they're on a different server and you'll never see them again.

it still makes up for being slightly behind

Well, the viceroy is dead, I went and unlocked every bit of post-story content I could find, and I am now directionless. I hate this feeling. Alexander grinding is what burned me out of HW, am I just headed for more of the same?

did you do omega? clear the ex primals? stock on seals and clusters for materia? i mean, if you're sitting around ilvl 315 with a susano weapon then you're about as set for savage as you can get right now. craft and gather i guess, in preparation for when new stuff comes down the pipe soon.

alternatively, farm birbs/ponies/doggos.

"The viceroy is dead" Implies I just opened up post story. No, I just unlocked the start of everything, but for some reason I don't feel motivated to do any of it, probably because I feel pangs of the same oncoming reason I left in HW. Playing every day for a couple weeks straight probably doesn't help.

Lol you don't even know what brotherhood does, yeah let me listen to you

Take breaks, user. Log in when you feel like playing, not out of a sense of obligation. No amount of Verity tomes, cracked clusters, and getting turned into a frog by a flamboyant dominatrix will make up for not having fun.

hurr it's only weaponskills, as if they dont make up a significant portion of their damage

Oh god you really are retarded aren't you.
Okay let me break it down like this, it's roughly 2% dps increase, to only melee dps.
They aren't used in minmax raids at all because the 2% to melee doesn't make up for the slot when you could just have another SAM.

SPOILER UR SHIT FAGGGT

Hi Versiris

The hell are you smoking it's the second highest dps class in all content right now behind SAM according to FFlogs

According to all the logs i've seen its 4th from the bottom above both physical ranged and dragoon.

Unless the pot baby shitters all reached 70 and dragged the rest down.

Susan
fflogs.com/statistics/15/#aggregate=amount&boss=1036

and Lak
fflogs.com/statistics/15/#aggregate=amount&boss=1037

you fucking retard, the three fastest kills for susano ex have monk, and half of the top 10 have monks

That's just the aggregate if you're looking at max values then RDM is second in DPS period.

I don't know maybe once you play the game you'll understand where you're a dumbass, also you'd understand if you actually played that right now no one is even trying because of how braindead easy this content is.

Only difference from two weeks ago there is BLM and SMN getting worse. Which considering the bitching seems about right. Doesnt mean RDM is getting better when its rotation is very hard to fuck up. Just the magic range dps getting worse over time.

I still wouldn't call RDM a low DPS class when looking at maximum output it outdoes literally all classes but SAM and on average outdoes all ranged DPS period.

oh and another example of why you're stupid as fuck and don't understand the game at all, look at lak EX clear teams, there's a single monk in the top 5 and 2 in the top 10.
Susan is a very light fight mechanically for movement, where Lak is a intensive fight movement wise.

That's why MNK is garbage, in addition to the uselessness of brotherhood.

you're so fucking clueless, even when presented with hard empirical evidence that directly contradicts your claims, you still keep with your retarded claims.

get fucking good at the game. if you have shit dps as monk, that's your own problem, but the top players have more than proven that monk is worth bringing.

Except in the 4/5 cases it's not.
But what do I know, as a man who plays the game surely I am blind to your plight of being unable to read skills

Also next time you're going to argue about minmaxing, turn on "non standard compositions" because no one actually follows that shit for content this easy to minmax

FFXIV General: All we do is bitch about what class is optimal Edition.

Aside from porn and piracy, that's the whole point of the internet.

there's still monks in the top 10 on non standard too, can you even read?

It really bothers me how low quality Heins clothes are. I don't think any of the other leaders outfits look as bad as his does.

Yeah, it doesn't look too bad from a distance, but every single close-up on him is marred by low quality textures. I don't understand how they fucked that up.

Well, I just beat Shinryu with 2 minutes left on duty timer. Joined in with 30 on timer. It was my second time seeing the attacks since we had 1 failed run. Holy shit.

He was such a waste of a villain. He was an edgier Gaius with half the capability. He lets everything fall, just so that he can have his battle. He was a turbo retard that got supercharged by a sword. However, he was still a better character than Yotsuyu. Holy shit, she was such a cliche with no redeemable qualities. Zenos at the very least started to see you as his first friend and there was something there that could have been built on. There was nothing for Yotsuyu. She kills everyone, because she was sold into marriage and loses her shit and attempts to kill Goetsu who is holding up the collapsing palace. I'm really hoping she dies off-screen and we never see Goetsu again either. His arc ended nicely and he no longer serves a purpose now that Hien is ready to lead on his own and without the man who helped raise him

It's not even about a class being optimal. A lot of classes were made clunkier (War, Blm, Drg), got fucked entirely (Sch) or got pissed on (Whm). This whole expac has shown that SE doesn't have a clue as to what they're doing. They're waiting until savage releases and the raiding community can further show them how retarded they are. They did something similar with War, Nin and Minuet/Gauss where they were being told for months that they fucked up. Yoshi came out and said that everything was fine only to change it a short time later.

Congratulations, user. That's the hardest that the msq is going to get per Yoshi.

I don't think that run could possibly have been any more slow and arduous unless the other three had purposefully ran into bomb explosions just to revive at the entrance and walk back to the party. It made me kind of understand why people might want to use a DPS meter to shit on people because I'm pretty sure if I'd had one it would have said I was top damage.

Au'ra > Miqo'te.

Why not both?

in stuff like that people are just there to barely get through doing minimal effort. the white mage sounds like something id do, just autofollow you and heal whenever i have to while i watch a show. the dps also were probably doing the same thing. its a recurring theme youll see in every dungeon ever ojtside of ones that make you have to try a bit more than usual. main reason i quit the game also, game is for try hards who want "deeps" and think its actual skill invovled and shitters which have made the most recent fights pathetically easy.

this is going to be fucking cancer

Gosetsu had a hard life

It could be worse user.
You could be level 70 having to farm scrips for gear

It's not try hard to want people to do a bit more than the bare minimum.

FFXIVfags really need to die with their shit game honestly.

How do you join shit?

I imagine you just ask here. Give your character name and mention when you'll be on, or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A

That's just sickening

You expect too much.

Go get the free trial. You can level your character up to 30. Where then you can choose to change other classes and level those up to 30 as well. You'll also get a headstart on your MSQ and sub.

It says 35 right there though?

Oh damn, always thought it was 30.

Yeah at 30 your jobs become classes for the last 5 levels. For example

Unless they we're skipping their finishers and only doing 1-2 1-2 (which doesn't give more dps) this doesn't make sense. Basically they wanted to say that their dev team plays NIN worse than the average NIN player, right?

post your characters name, someone from the FC will invite you.

At what point do Chocobo races become more profitable than just playing cuff-a-cur?

Alright anons. Best Dungeon/Trial music track. Go.

What are your thoughts on what's going to be the next Omega raid tier, anons?
I reckon through the clue "Death of a Comrade" it's going to based on Final Fantasy VII because "muh aerith". it'll be comprised of JENOVA and everyone's favourite momma's boy Sephiroth.

One of the Magitek bosses in one of the dungeons (can't remember which) was pretty much a cut'n'paste of the scorpion from the beginning of VII, so it's not out of the question.

Ala Mhigo, first boss. There's even an NPC telling you to attack it while it's tail is up.

Hah! I never even noticed that.

you want me to pick just one?

nine inch nails meets old rammstein. but way more awesome than either imo.

oblivion is japanese-style dirty punk rock, and it's awesome.

dat vocalization leading into the guitars

makes me want to drink sake, eat sushi and watch some kabuki while a raging thunderstorm is going on around me

goblin techno rock rap.

sounds exactly like it's name.

it's just so damn bouncy and cheery, with those energetic drums and that fun little flute.

calm pristine, mysterious, soothing.

the darker counterpoint to snowcloak.

there isn't any "bad" music per se in this game. there's only tracks that i get tired of a bit quicker than other tracks.

Is it too much to ask for a group where I don't outDPS everyone without having to be a NEET or part of the top 5% of the game to join?

FUCK

What kind of group doesn't allow someone in for doing too much damage? Isn't it a good thing?

Actually, legit question about the music. Does Dragonsong, the Heavensward main theme, sound like 600 AD from Chrono Trigger to anyone else?

He probably doesn't want to carry retards or endure the frustration of playing with bads.

I can somewhat hear it, yeah.

Not on subject but I am the Sea best city track.

Daytime, sure, but what about night? I prefer Night in the Brume.

Answers is a great song for the original 2.0 opening
and it's fucking amazing when it's used as a boss theme

for when you want to rejoice in the glory of combat

Metal - Brute Justice mode

Could have been a lot worse.

maint is on

post cats

Patch notes are up

well this is going to be fantastic

Why does the tank armor design winner armor remind me of woW armor which is shit

wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

wait what?

>eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/99b3a5c490b174e2e8382b05eb1fc7fea9115bfc

Party members will no longer be granted a Confession when HP is restored via Cure and Cure II. They will instead be granted a Confession when HP is restored via Medica, Medica II, or Cure III.
The chance of granting party members a Confession has been increased from 20% to 100%.
The duration of the Confession has been reduced from 30 to 10 seconds.
Healing potency based on the number of stacks of Confession has been reduced from 400 for one stack, 500 for two stacks, and 600 for three stacks to 150 for one stack, 300 for two stacks, and 450 for three stacks.
Recast time increased from 15 to 60 seconds.
Confession stacks will now also be granted to the player casting Medica, Medica II, or Cure III.

They really have no idea what to do with this skill. At least the rng is gone, which is good. However, it is essentially now a weaker assize that does no damage which is whatever. It should have been Stoneskin 2 rather than a weak aoe heal on a class that already has a shit ton of aoe heals.

They added Str to Tank accessories and those that melded Str to their accessories before the change get to keep them melded. Whether that lets players go beyond the Str cap on those accessories remains to be seen.

Also,

Dreadwyrm Trance Increased damage effect reduced from 10% to 5%.
Wyrmwave Potency reduced from 750 to 500.
Tri-bind Bind duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds.

Smn got nerfed in pvp while Brd still reigns supreme. What the fuck?

Yeah, WHM 70 still feels like a buncha stillborn mechanics between Plenary and Lillies.

yeah thats what im curious about
that may mean Lakshmi fending accessories melded with str before the update will be the best you can get until you can get the savage drops (maybe even better depending on the amount of str they add)

It's not Bloodbath, but this might be alright.

Either the Strength getting added is not enough to negatively impact +25 Strength melds, or it will be too much but that +25 Strength is getting added anyways so long as you've already melded your accessories.
Most likely it's going to be the former, but this is SE we're talking about.

My african american bretheren it took me 2 weeks to catch up to current content if you NEET.
Dont senpai i can hold your hand through it

EAT SHIT YOU SECOND RATE HEALER AHAHAHAH
Nobody gives a fuck about your aoe 5% damage increase

wew

Ast is still strong as fuck. Spear finally got buffed as well. It took them an entire year or two to do it, but they finally did it. That is, a lot of players were asking for spear buffs when Yoshi took the easy path and made balance retarded. Ast also has some of the strongest heals in the game thanks to the healing buff on their stances.

They really hate monk.

What the fuck? I thought they gonna increase Dark Art damage buff to every attack, not just Souleaters. What about Bloodslipter and CaS?

Yeah but WHM is basically god in group healing now, something that hardcore raiders always looking for and essential for any solo heal party comp.

Looks like SCH got some massive healing buff. Maybe now tank will stop dying during a big pull.

Looks like recoloured 50 gear

best ____girl(raid spoilers)

does the button on the client automatically update when the server's up or do you really need to keep turning it off and on again?

if the world icon on the bottom left is red then you won't be able to log in. the play button should become available once the world icon is green.

mnk was parsing extremely well in the primals, i cant see how its the worst they have been

Am I seeing this correctly, there is not a single change to SAM in the patchnotes? This is going to put BLM and SMN in an unwanted spot for a lot of statics and tryhard pugs. If you need caster LB you bring RDM because he brings the physical dps buff.

Another HW.

yes
while sam is extremely powerful right now, it brings no group utility or overall raid dps, dont expect any serious dps meta shakeups for the first savage tier, i do expect greater changes in 4.1

Inb4 super minmaxing edgefags swathing down like flies and calling you 'shitter'. They look at numbers, logs, etc.; Not accounting for player skills or other factors. If a particular job is not world's #1 (not noting the #2s 10dps difference), it is shit.

se…

RDM was here, BLM is a loser!

How long did it take to bust AS1 at launch again? 10 minutes?

Has anything even changed enough? people either know or have no idea about stat weights for jobs and the patch was mostly balancing not huge changes. Shits going to play the same as it did yesterday.

Oh I'm sure this won't get annoying quick.

Man I wish this was A1S again, I can still hear the butthurt of Faust squashing pugs like flies.

The issue isn't parsing the numbers the issue is 0 utility and RNG reliance.

Best patch already

Where have you been?

Where have you been?

even by super minmax tryhard autist standards, monk is good this expac. just goes to show you how fucking out of touch this "community" (if you can even fucking call it that) is with the game.

I've fucked up and used Fester right when dots drop off on accident before, it really sucks to lose that attunement and have to wait for the next flow to come up. In this case, it's not encouragement to spam abilities to get to trance faster (though people will), it's just an error guard. I'm happy that my job didn't get nerfed.

Instance is like a double edge sword. It's fucking annoying because you can choose what instances you want if you use teleport so you need to exit and reenter the area manually. That said, having multiple instances mean more hunts and rare FATEs will spawn. I wish the give you the option to choose instance when using teleport instead of dropping you to random area.

Question about desynth. Since the max for a single skill is 180 and the total max is 560 for whatever retarded reason, is there any benefit to, for example, having two 180s and two 100s vs three 180s? If the values have changed since SB, I'll feel silly, I haven't really investigated this since HW.

The value has changed with Stormblood. Currently my Weaver desynth skill is a little over 210. I've been trying to get it up higher so I can start breaking down Stormblood gear, but it's been an unlucky experience.

Looks like the new max is 320/980. Why the fuck is the total max not an integer multiple of the individual max. Fuck you, Japan.

Is pvp exp still dogshit after 60? what's the optimal grind method in such case?

PvP grinding is the only decent leveling post-60. Maybe run a dungeon or two when you're on-level for it, but other than that just queue for frontlines.

Auts don't wait any longer to pull hunts, so they're not really worth doing while instancing is up. Yet again SE being fucking hacks and putting instancing up for the EIGHT people in Azim Steppes right now. Can't have a decent solution just gotta beat it with a hammer until the subs start tanking. Gotta put all that development costs into that Shiva emote for the mogstation.

I thought they nerfed pvp exp to shit with 4.01

Dungeons even including DPS queue times are the best exp per hour if I'm remembering right unless you can win 90% of your frontline matches which simply isn't happening because retards will forever run middle to play team deathmatch and to feed and pretend objectives like Ice or bases don't exist. Also roulettes and 1-3 star hunts/beast tribes while you wait for queues.

Once again, where?

They nerfed the losing teams' EXP gains so that people wouldn't queue up for it and then afk where they spawned.

They really went the opposite direction with that "fix." SE will never learn.

The easy fix to pvp is paying the 50k gil to switch to the winning faction.

Instancing is back in ALL Stormblood zones. Yoshi is being a hack again and made the open world empty as fuck again.

After they reversed the VIT changes from 3.4, I fully expect shit like this from them. Sadly, this shiny turd is still the best MMO on the market right now.

Well, I stopped playing before Xelphatol came out and got back in a week ago.

wait, they instanced the open world areas? So i'm going to see even less people around? Is it temporary or what and why would they do it?

top kek.

i've won games just focusing on kills and easy-to-get ice. one game we took maybe 4-5 small ice and one big ice, and won from a losing position just by focusing on kills. killing a battle fever enemy is a 100 point swing; 50 for your team and -50 for theirs. that's more than a small ice.

Small ice is 70 points, not to mention killing players also makes you a target when you got the battle fever buff

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to believe this less and less over time. The more I play this game, the more I realize how fucking outdated it is compared to other examples of the genre and how the devs will simply never care about the quality of their product and improve it. At least WoW devs play their own game, with only a handful of recent examples of this being a bad thing. The middle aged Japs at Square are merely putting in minimal work every day in between suicides.

Sorry bruh, I think he's right.

Yeah on a fucking tablet

That user is retarded
And I'm pretty sure he just pull that 50 points out of his ass based on this post

It's because of people camping Ixion to the point where players can't even zone into the Lochs because there's already too many there.
Unfortunately SE fucked up, so now all zones are instanced again instead of just the Lochs.

That 50 points crap is bullshit unless you can post source. best I found is 10 points forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/231513-Do-you-think-it-s-actually-worse-to-get-Battle-High-and-Battle-Fever-in-Slaughter

They mainly fucked up by not significantly upgrading their hardware when they moved DCs. 300 people per zone should not be that taxing, especially compared to the MMOs, new and upcoming (Camelot Unchained), that can reportedly handle many more.
We're just lucky it's not on the same level of limitations as SWTOR has. 50 people. Outrageous.

My fucking DICK

nigga, watch it yourself. take out a battle fever player on the other team and watch the point swing. i've won several times with less than 50 to go in shatter by taking out a battle fever target. battle high is a 50 point swing (+25/-25). people seriously need to prioritize going after battle high/fever targets more. i had a game as the flames last night where we squeaked out a win over the snakes and maelstrom due to relentlessly going after the battle high/fever players on the mael team. this created a swing that put us ahead for the win by about 30 points, after coming back from a deficit of over 400. sure, the mael took more ice, but when you pick off 300 points worth of battle high/fever in the time it takes for them to down a big ice, then they just wasted all their time breaking even while you pulled ahead.

this doesn't mean ignore ice or bases, but those idiots who are spamming to go to the big ice that's opposite your base i.e. closer to the enemy bases, and much more likely to be swarmed by the enemy sooner need to shut the fuck up and just accept that a small team taking an enemy base plus an in-force attack on a flank is better than suiciding in to grab maybe 30 or 40 points out of 300.

close to your position? if it's likely to be uncontested, send 4-5 tops. if their might be resistance, send a few more, chase them off, wait for the small ice to reset and THEN kill it so your team gets full credit and the enemy team is denied anything

is it far from your base? then unless you happen to have at least 8 people right next to it and you can focus it down fast, better to just go and pick off stragglers that are filtering around.

is it one of the two closest to you, or the middle one while you are in force nearby with your GC? then go for it. watch your flanks and don't be afraid to pull back a bit if the enemy starts to overcommit. if you've got high/fever, save yourself instead of dying to get a few more points of dmg on the ice.

if it's far from you, fuck that noise. go cut off reinforcements to one side or the other while a small squad takes the base of the leader or whoever is highest if your team is in the lead

this tunnel visioning "muh ice" attitude is what loses games.

Going after battle fever players probably gonna get yourself kill because of the damage buff if you 1vs1 him. And these battle fever players know they are a target and will opt to stay with his teammmates. Going full PvP is last ditch effort when time is running out and you NEED the swing point. Smart peoples will guard the big ice location and wait for it to spawn while any nearby enemy that trying to get near it

theres no mention of this anywhere

BEST PATCH

pic related.

this ain't blizzard. square has never been one to completely reveal the workings that go on behind the scenes. it's always been up to the players to do the testing necessary to figure shit out, like with the new stats of tenacity and direct hit.

Then why spout bullshit when you can't back it up? I can say battle fever player only worth 5 points swing from my anecdotal evidence.

because it's not my fault you can't into basic arithmetic.

If you can get constant 1st places, it's awful up to level 69 where it beats potd xp. POTD xp with the 50% armory bonus will beat out pvp post-60 66% of the time. It demolishes pvp xp pre-60 as well.

The best xp in the game is still dungeon xp, but that depends on your queue times. If you are a tank or healer or have tank or healer friends, then run dungeons. You'll level super quickly.

FL xp is still popular, because FL are filled with bots now. Botters don't give a shit how fast xp is as long as they can afk while doing it. That's what pvp has become in ff14.

It's ok to be retarded. There are a shit ton of you retards in ff14 right now. I can only assume they've come in from wow or possibly swtor.

Mercenary status has been a thing for awhile. The GCs are pretty much balanced in win rates now.

Yeah, who was a recent hire while WoW was already in decline.

that's almost neat

Anybody know how to get the new Blackbosom glam?

cute.

here's some raw numbers from my last frontline win. 690 points from kills higher than both our ice scores with a total of 60 kills on our side. at 5 per kill that would mean we needed 138 kills to get that many points. at 60 kills, that's 11.5 points per kill, more than double what you would get normally. killing fever/high targets should be almost a higher priority than a free big ice in most games because free big ice never happens, as long as you don't throw 10+ people away to get the kill.

Is Warrior fun now? Could it be considered fast paced?

No, not really, it has the same issues that it had before, except now you just stance dance slightly more often than never

They only really use their ogcds to burn gauge while waiting for Zerk-Release or during Zerk-Release.
If you want fast paced, play DRK.
WAR can now do six fell cleaves, two onslaughts, and an upheavel in their Zerk-Release window, or seven fell cleaves. That and stance dancing is the only major change this patch.

Yotsuyu traded up.

>tfw yotsuyu and gosetsu will engage in an extended period of hardcore, uncensored loving father-daughter relationship that will provide yotsuyu with the first genuinely caring person she's ever had in her life and pave the path for her to reform and become a major supporting character for the scions in the east, with her adopted fatheru protecting and guiding her way at every step

reformed yotsuyu will fall in love with reformed nero

Is this Canals place just a palette swap of Aquapolis or does it have new mechanics?

>implying he isn't already in love with omega

Todd Howard told better lies than this

denial will get you nowhere user. i didn't take a screenie of that game, but i'll take a screenie of the next one and show you. my observations of the past dozen or so games is that kills account for anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of the winning teams total.

or you could just check it out for yourself on the end game score screen

you may also be interested to know that ~16% of a SAM's damage comes from auto attacks
this is generally on par with the total damage gained from midare setsugekka, which typically accounts for 16-18%
nerf AA's amirite?

Let me deconstruct your lies. First of all, you need 1600 points to win, that plus your 2 large ice (that being generous) only give you 1290 points. Secondly, 60 kills? give or take you need 20 second per kill (again, that being fucking generous) you need 20 minutes for all kills which from my experience, never fucking happened considering the time limit is 20 minutes, most match will last 15 minutes tops. You also failed to take account loses from your side, are you telling me no one died from your team?

And thirdly which is the most important that you probably never considered, this is a 3-way battle not 1 vs 1. If you focus on one team, the other team will win, if you divided your team into 2 and go for both, your forces will be outnumbered and any attempt at "muh pvp" will only get yourself killed.

What the fuck happened

O4S is the only "difficult" content left in this game, everything else is just a faceroll. Why does Square want to continue casualising everything for people and not make any difficult content anymore?

All of Alex Savage was faceroll memes and bullshit dps checks that got nerfed into dust all the way until A11S

fun game tbh
do you niggers have a guild?
t.

You Japanese audio instead, pleb.

Thanks for missing the point entirely, that there's nothing remotely difficult left for skilled raiders.
If people can clear your raid in a day then it's far too fucking easy.

FUCK OFF TIGOLE
YOU WILL NOT TURN THIS INTO WOW TOO

I feel sorry for you

She sounds retarded. But it's a potato, so what can I honestly expect I guess

Anti tataru posters confirmed kikes

You know.. I think I could be down with that.

But all lalafell are already jews; what now?

Fucking hell the gpose camera is such shit. I'm trying to get a front shot of my slut doing the hellfrog medium pose but the faggot camera just centers on the frog itself when zooming and I can't see shit.
Is there a way to use a free camera or some glitch trick to make it go higher?

you can adjust the camera with both the regular camera controls and the character movement controls, and you can pan the camera up and down too. you can also bring out a minion and focus on it instead to move your camera even further away.

because a3s

ohhh I didn't think of the minion idea, thanks

one base over the course of 15 minutes is at least 600 points, assuming you hold it the entire time. another base, even for just a minute, adds to that even further as long as a bunch of people don't die to hold that base

as for your other points, no, the 690 isn't the net total, it's the raw total. the best net total i've seen was 590, with 100 lost points from kills yes, only 20 people died that entire game, and we lost no fever/high players. having 7 healers and a bunch of non-suicidal dps helped furthermore, you're right, it is a 3 way fight. this doesn't mean you send half your team against one side and the other half against the other. this means when a big ice spawns far from your position and closer to the enemy bases you hit one of them from behind and slaughter 10+ people while a small squad hits the other team's base. soon as the ice is down, you pull back from both and prep for the new ice spawns. rinse and repeat until win.

-kind of important spoiler, don't look if you haven't beaten ARR-
>they murder the sultana because she wants to take away their power and make U'ldah a republic
One day Jew'ldah will burn and by god the smell of roasted potato will be glorious.

Who are you quoting? And i'm not just shitposting. You missed by one.

My bad, my blinding hatred for potatos caused me to misclick. I apologize, which potatos would -never do.-

Give it up user before you dig yourself deeper. If you dont go for big ice, you're a fucking retard.
again with the lies, you think you can just noscope peoples from the back? you think the healers just gonna sit back and watch you kill their teammates? not to mention during big ice zerg, 80% of the enemies forces gonna be there, you clearly gonna be outnumbered to "hit" them from behind.

Here's the honest truth user, you win because your teammates worked their asses off going after the ice while your stupid ass wonder around the map looking for players to kill and steal bases.

all potatos belong in the oven.

Glad I got the carpenter V book as well because this shit just pissed me off. Is cul cucked in this game?

CUL has always been a meme job, hardly any use for it beyond super tryhard raiding foods and gatherer boosts

Sounds like a cuck to me. How bad is it?

It's horrible, the only three foods I can make raises direct hit, piety, or MOTHERFUCKING tenacity. Jesus fuck, tenacity is a joke of a stat. It is the determination stat of the tank world.

I'm getting real fucking sick of these cunts underselling me minutes after I post mine.

How can one man be so wrong? Keep spreading misinformation, it only helps my millions stack up while I live like Gordon fucking Ramsey.

You're full of shit and you got caught, just drop it faggot. The only remotely useful thing people can do in Frontline besides break the ice is silence healers, and that's pretty much all BRD is good for there, minus the extreme burst of a fully charged Pitch Perfect to take out Battle High players. Breaking the ice gives you more points per second than anything else, you can read about this anywhere which is how everybody knows you're wrong.

What its gonna be next user? 100 kills under 5 minutes?

Jesus fuck, someone teach you autists how to market.

yeah also niche as fuck faggot, my point stands

By the time I get to check, there's like 10 different people all at 1,000 some. I would buy them all, but at that point, what's the point?

Because it doesn't stay at 1k 24/7, you dumb goy!

where can I get a good parcer for XIV?

advancedcombattracker.com/download.php

If dealing with pugs is proving annoying, you can always just solo it unsynched.

mch plays worst after patch still does the same dmg. heat was never the dam issue Square it was the dogshit dps the mch doesn't fucking have.
only thing going for mch is a 120sec cd 5% vuln that last 25seconds. I just want a gunner fucking class that deals dmg and looks doing it.
Sam is pretty dam boring and I am in no way speed leveling any other class right now.

who said anything about brd?

all potatos belong in the oven.

not sure what SE was thinking there tbh. the hot shot buff is nice, but minor. the rest is just pants on head retarded. you'd think they would have lowered the CD on barrel stabilizer at least, that way you can overheat a bit more strategically and get back into the action faster, but nope.

MCH is pretty much dead. I regret wasting time leveling one. I mean, I did clear omega normal and ex primals with it, but it is absolutely useless for savage and I'm embarrassed to even bring it to a fight because it's such a huge fucking hinderance.
Fortunately, my DRG is almost lvl 69 so savage see you soon..

the hotshot buff gets canceled out by less cooldown shots instead of two or even three cooldowns shots during downtime/manage heat your doing 1 at most before ammo and procs happen.
overdrive is slightly above breaking even now but if you can't get it back down fast you'll start losing dps from it
overheating is still losing dmg but you'll almost never fuck up and overheat because nothing generates enough heat.

ya plan on getting drk to 70 so i can start working on getting edgy cat mount and maybe another dps to mix it up from sam. i need to find a late night Savage group or toss my shit into pugging savage.

Feels real bad, man. I love waking up real early before the normalfags wake up. I pretty much have free reign to most places but most savage groups set up real late at night to the point we can get a hour or two of fights before I get too tired to even do basic shit.

I came to mch from drk because I was bored as fuck playing it after 4.0, it's been my main since I started playing in HW. DRK is basically all about knowing when to use tbn to maximize blood generation for bloodspiller and you do the souleater combo in between. I would suggest WAR if you want a tank.

you mean PLD right?
Even with the changes the slight dps gain that warrior has doesn't make up for it's complete lack of self sustain. Seriously who the fuck would ever use steel whirlwind that shit's useless

I mean i liked war for a bit back in arr but I main brd during arr. that and warrior is still 52 and drk is 62.
mch during hw
was gonna be mch again for SB but going thru hw not gonna suffer that shit again.
I'll probably be dancing classes till second 4.2 sam is go to class currently till i get more shit to 70.

Holy shit being a kike on the MB is fun

If you have any true judaism in you, you'll use that fortune to buy a Shirogane mansion the minute they are open and then spin it to some thirsty weeb for 9 digits