This game feels like a fucking fever dream

This game feels like a fucking fever dream.
Apart from the fact that the shooting feels pretty bad by itself and I really don't get why they'd decide to make the enemies have weird gimmicks, or put you in incredibly small arenas with a really slow character against enemies that despite having guns decide to run up to you.

What the fuck was going on during its production? It feels like they just put a bunch of game ideas into one package and called it a day before even trying to polish it.
Why is the first boss a circus kamikaze with midget clowns and the second one a witch doctor? What the fuck is this shit

originally Red Dead Revolver was going to start out like a generic old west game but then a zombie apocalypse would hit

When Rockstar took over production they got rid of all of the fantasy elements and made it just a generic spaghetti western game

They'd eventually revisit this idea with Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare expansion.

But they didn't remove all that shit, it's still in the game and it completely ruins it

Redemption does a much better job in almost every single aspect

Revolver was originally a wacky Japanese game. Think like Godhand except as a Western.

Why does the west ruin everything? Western devs should be banned from making games.

here's proof

My family liked the multiplayer very much.

Way better than what we got. Foreigners always outdo Amerilards when it comes to westerns

kill yourself

confirmed weeb subhuman, go back to your containment shithole and suck nip moots micropenis

Atleast admit that it was the best spaghetti western game we'll ever get, most devs won't even make anymore westerns

Kill yourself you nigger

no

GUN was better than Revolver gameplay wise.

Oh shit i was talking about Revolver am i? Goddamnit i was fucking wrong, my bad

t'was to short of a game ma'am

>>>Holla Forums

Even though i didn't play Red Dead Redemption too long, i remember them putting that guy in the Multiplayer as a playable character. Too bad Rockstar is disabled when it comes to the online part of a game.

What the fuck, that looks autistic.

Post your favorite RDR track and the movie it originated from.

I love Tony Anthony's Stranger, although my favorite is The Silent Stranger.

Haven't played it in years, but had fun playing Red Dead Revolver. Only thing I remember hating was how the stores worked so you had to focus on buying characters for multiplayer or other shit.

That actually looks rad as fuck. I'm kind of upset now.

Spotted the bait

Welp, my jimmies are now rustled. Hard.

Post other games that feel like fever dreams please.

The original Drakengard. The game is a bad fever dream through and through. Right down to the fucking mind drilling soundtrack.

Ninja blade

excuse me?

I like Red Dead Revolver a lot more than Redemption I didn't care for Redemption at all. The tone, gameplay, characters, and story don't interest me in the slightest I'm cool with people liking Redemption, but I don't care for it.

Damn user, those trips were wasted. Revolver was great, but so was Redemption. GTA is at its peak in the wild west, and RDR was before they fully embraced jewish online microtransactions.

That's part of the reason. I don't care for this song. That scene didn't so it for me. I watched spaghetti westerns from the 60s, so Revolver's soundtrack is significantly more impatful to me because they're ripped from spaghetti western movies.

Seconded.

Length doesn't equal better. The shooting in GUN is much tighter and more responsive, Revolver is very overrated by the 'I hate everything modern but love everything on the PS2 regardless of quality' crowd that permeates the entire board.

I disagree with that entirely. And that's a pretty bold statement, faggot. I like Revolver because of tone and style. The fact that it's wacky makes it more compelling to me. Shit in Revolver more or less nods to some westerns. For example, the guy with a minigun in a coffin is directly ripped from Django, and the clown midgets I believe are a nod to The Terror of Tiny Town.

Even the name makes more sense now. Oh, damn. In anyway, i had a lot of fun playing Revolver. I never played Redemption through.

Whatever you say, that wasn't my point. My point is that GUN plays better and people sing the praises of Revolver despite the fact that it's incredibly average.

And that wasn't my point either. I outright said tone and style were my reasons for liking Revolver. GUN bores me, as does Redemption. I'm still cool with people liking them, though

The graphics are also playstation 1 tier of fucked up

I have to agree with trips user.

Besides, the bosses of revolver having actual gimmicks made them actually interesting.

Why didn't Cock* just make it into a GTA 3 clone the same way Redemption is a GTA 4 clone.

Patrician taste.

>why isn't everyone enjoying this modern garbage like I do
You are not entirely wrong but you are not right either, it is the little things that out yourself as a cock-mongling faggot, like this sentiment you were probably keeping to yourself up until this post. I can imagine you playing some modern game of the type that isn't so well-received here while you scroll through Holla Forums and see someone discussing an older game and you think to yourself "B-but it's not that good! It's unpolished! It's not an 8/10" and you make a furious post while saging about how the game is dated and has a [lack of modern feature]

God damn, that looks like it has way more personality. Fucking Capcom.

If it's one thing they got right it's the soundtrack. Though these days I ache for original soundtracks more than ever.

I don't know about console, but GUN is absolutely unplayable on PC, should I try to emulate it with pcsx2 or something like that ? Using a controller doesn't give me a lot of incentive though…

what problems are you having with it on the PC?

Shame they didn't even tell the label the movies the tracks are originated from clearly. They're stolen. Literally worse than Tarantino.

I love that movie, there's nothing like it. A loser bum who can shoot, they should've made a game about it instead.

Looks really gay though. We've already got far too many farce western and anime western games, and those are the worst western subgenres. Spaghetti western needs a lot more love.

I'm sure I've heard this tune in this game, but of a different variation.

At least they used the songs better than Tarantino. The way he uses classic songs makes me puke.
Bud Spencer and Terence Hill have a really special place in my heart. I'm fortunate I grew up with some of their movies.
Eh, I personally don't mind a bit of cheese. I think there's too few western games in general though, the genre is still very untapped in games. I hope to rectify that a little, at least.

"A bit of cheese" would be the Sartana sequels, that RDR prototype was just ridiculous.

IMO, for western in general, we've had enough games. Not too popular but not completely abandoned either. What the genre lacks is creativity. Whereas many Italian directors back in the day experimented with the western setting, devs today just don't care and continue to ape the tired cliche, or just make a joke out of it.

it was always the same studio, it was never japanesemi

I've honestly been disappointed by most western games in terms of gameplay rather than setting or story. They seem to be average at best.

For me it has always been both equally. The only games that did the mechanics really well are Outlaw and Call of Juarez, but they aren't without flaws. Too many enemies, too much bullet sponge, not enough slow paced tension and character development. Regarding the story and atmosphere, none did it right. Outlaw was a great imitation, but it never got anywhere beyond mere imitation, no novelty.

Yeah, I suppose I can agree with that. I did like Call of Juarez Gunslinger's story, the dime novel idea was a bit tongue in cheek but Silas seemed very inspired by Harmonica's character in One Upon A Time without being a carbon copy.
The gameplay was neat too, but you could tell it was a budget title. Enemy variety was extremely small and you only had a handful of weapons.

Also I'm pretty sure the game has a ton of glitches, I stopped playing when I reached a boat.

Bump