Cancelled Games

You know the drill, show some games that have gotten cancelled.

Vaporware and other games stuck in Development Hell are fine too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LvsjeJJ5Ad4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I gotcha

Project HAMMER.

I still think this would have been better than Shadow the Edgelord

My favorite

never 4get

Fallout 3

I just played through Prey 1 for the first time, and now this just hurts.

Frame city killer. It like it would have been a sci-fi gta with driving, hand to hand combat,. this could have came out before GTA 4

Gameplay trailer.

I know this game was going to be a piece of shit but it had to be posted.

stop

would have been a polished version of dark messiah. thanks Intel for cancelling it because your shitty GPU failed to meet expectations. Kinda lost interest with PC gaming when this game went away. I wish someone saved the dev portfolio stuff that hit youtube a while ago, I only saw it once before it was taken down. Likely thanks to jewtel.

(checked)
I honestly thought it looked neat as it seemed to be an homage to Panzer Dragoon, and was kind of sad to hear it got axed.

Then I finally watched a trailer of it last week that showed off its obvious CLEARLY NOT DONTE THE DEMON KILLER main character and am kind of happy it died.

The pain is what unites us. We will all share this and take it to our graves together. Its what we deserve for being Metal Gear fans.

youtube.com/watch?v=LvsjeJJ5Ad4

F

chapter 3 would not have saved the game, it would still suffer from a shitty over-world and boring locations to sneak in that you have to do a thousand times each

Can't they just get Itsuno to make it? I think that would be a nice improvement.

F
P R A C T I C A L L Y
N
I
S
H
E
D

Had a nice The Thing atmosphere going around but sadly it got cancelled.

I see this trailer at least once a year. It never gets easier.

I wonder if one day someone would leak the beta of that game.

The Agency Never Ever

Huxley was a Korean MMO FPS on the Unreal 3 Engine that I was drooling over back in 2006. It quietly died after a short beta in 2010.

F

Whoops, I guess I should link to the trailer. I used to watch it on GameTrailers.com

F again.

Thank god it was cancelled

F

well the development was shifted into Battleborn and we all saw how that fucking turned out

If it hadn't been for that tsunami this game would be out.

But at least it isn't a giant black stain on a good franchise.

I'm still waiting

You shouldn't.

Some of the devs that left formed a new studio called Granzella and this year they are releasing a game called City Shrouded in Shadow, as well as Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories. I'd bet Steambot Chronicles 2 could be next if these projects bring in enough money.

I doubt it considering Level-5 would still have the license to the IP. Unless they buy it off them I don't see it happening.

What? Where are you seeing Level-5 as owning the IP?

It’s just as well; the story was about miscegenation.

Sorry I got the companies mixed up. Irem would probably still own the IP

Which is why I brought up the other games. Disaster Report 4 was Irem but they clearly got the rights to it.

Stop…. it hurts….

I remember playing this with a friend by swapping the disc between PSPs. Good times.

Hey, we got one never ever through. Maybe by 2020 we'll get them all.

write normal faggot

Original plot twist would involve you actually being cloned back to life on respawn with probably the times you died throughout the game having an impact on the ending.
When the game ended with your retirement and having family see you off on your deathbed, you'd still respawn in your apartment after the credits roll.

Can't have Vaporware without Barkley 2

Always brings a smile to my face when weebs dont get their shitty waifu pandering simulators

The artist working on this game still streams making new enemies and shit.

FUCKING WHEN
this has been in development for fucking ever and the devs are shit at updates or anything close to letting us know where they're at

Ubisoft needs to be burned down.

At this point it looks like they were not joking with the release date.

Mistborn Birthright was supposed to come out in 2013.

A CRPG set in the world of one of my favourite books series, written at least partially by one of my favourite authors, featuring my favourite 'magic' systems ever.

Fuck everything.

That looks worse than a VR shooting gallery. Nothing of value was lost.

Made me think of Rockstar's Agent that (as far as I know) was just a jpg.

I guess you can say image related counts.
I do wonder if the new CoC game will be good.

Did you know Grimoire took 20 years to make?

Probably for the best considering how every 64 game sequel turned out

Judging from the trailer & screenshots we’ve seen… no.

The Sinking City looks like it’ll be shite as well.
Giving the player access to multiple firearms (or just weapons in general), throwing a bunch of tentacled monsters & name-dropping Chtulhu does not a good Lovecraftian horror game make.

I was talking about this CoC game.
I'm awaiting actual gameplay.

So was I.

Propeller Arena obligatory. Cancelled when it was ready, thanks Osama. But then it got leaked and it's glorious! So colorful and arcadey, the perfect send-off to the Dreamcast… and perhaps to a whole era of vidya.

My mistake then.

The irony is that bootleg MML clone called Red Ash is probably canceled, there's been 0 news on it since 2015

F

But that OVA got released recently. What's the deal?

How can you cancel something that was never started to begin with?

They kind of did start it when they asked the fans for help.
Then they shut it down because the fans "didn't want it enough".