Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid series

What will be the future of franchize?
What's your favorite game in the series?
What's your favorite character in the series?
What's your opinion on kojima?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/yKmia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PACHINKO
Twin Snakes
Solidus and Senator Armstrong if he counts
Don't really care about the guy

The best is yet to come.
MGS1.
Solid Snake, specifically voiced by David Hayter in MGS1
Redpilling the masses before redpilling was a thing

I think it will end after Metal Gear Survive. The gameplay and references to the characters might show up down the line, but I think Metal Gear Solid is formally done.

Ground Zeroes.

Venom Snake.

Great director, not perfect, but certainly shafted by upper management.

Snake does thing to my dick

>future of the franchise
MGSurvive. Aka no future
Gameplaywise Ground Zeroes(although I haven't actually played PP yet, plotwise Rising or Snake Eater
Sam? I dunno
Why would I care?

Its dead even if they make more games.
Peace Walker
Quiet
He's just a mortal man who has a history of making good games.

Once Metal Gear Survive is released with the obvious shitstorm they will sell off their gaming division and enter the Pachinko industry to please their Yakuza overlords
Snake Eater
Sunny
A guy who gives no shits. Even dumping Davis "NO GUNS ALLOWED" Hayter for being a cuck.

Fuck forgot to greentext

None
2 or 3
Ocelot, in all his incarnations
He and I share a birthday. Beyond that I never really think about him.

Cucks tend to find each other I guess.

I swear this shithole gets dumber by the minute.

You must be 18 and over to post here

archive.is/yKmia

Ghost Babel

all your other questions are gay as fuck

Combination of all Kojima's series into one massive multiplayer game.

I like many of them.

Snake.

Guy will probably live to the moment Japanese commoners access eternal life technologies like the ones shown during his games.

Thanks for the music.

Konami will milk it. It's hard to separate the artistry of Kojima from the MGS series, but that's Konami's only option. Any future releases with the title will at best be mediocre, unless Konami creates talent out of thin air or hires another aspiring film director and throws money at him
2. The story of 1 and 3 are basically movies, it's only 2 which treats its story as in a game, fucking with the player's expectations on multiple levels.
He's an artist who got a bad deal. He wanted to end it after 1, but was forced to make 2. Then he wanted to pass the series on to others, but was forced to make 3. He then made the most ultimate conclusion of every single plot line in 4, and yet the series went on. I'm glad he left Konami, but I'm scared he has too much freedom with Death Stranding. It's impossible to know how DS will turn out, my guess is he doesn't have enough limitation to make it good.

No future. :(
Either MGS1 or Portable Ops
Liquid Snake
pretentious westaboo autist
his best MG games were the knock off action movie ones (MGS1, MGS3), not the ones trying to be thought provoking and failing miserably, having the strengths of the series suffer for it (MGS2, MGSV).

you feel it too, don't you?

Any attempt at a real MGS6 will fall flat. Any attempt at a series reboot will fall flat. I think the smart thing for Konami to do right now (beside just bringing back Platinum for Rising 2) would be to make a big dumb inoffensive non-canon fanservice game. Bring all of the fan favourite characters together, have them meet, let me play as all of them. Basically MGS musou, but not actually a musou because that would be a poor choice of gameplay.

I don't know that might be interesting.

MGS3
Solid Snake, i'm more bummed we'll never have another adventure with him than any of the heartbreak regarding the big boss saga
probably needs to be kept on a short leash for his creative methods to be used effectively, i have a feeling death-stranding will be a let down because sony handed him a blank check

;_;

As Holla Forums says - "a taste formed by watching BLACKED".
Paz is shit.

Here's a protip: That's actually just Russian for "third child"

Or do that wormhole shit with an alternate timeline. Could even make a timeline where big boss won.

(checked)
I'd really like to see something like Ac!d 2 done again. Where someone clones Solid Snake and it shows the adventures of his son. A fresh start would have been good instead of what we got with MGS4 and V.

It'd be a perfect time to do it if they keep the same timeline. Things are pretty fucked post philosophers.

It's dead until Konami give the rights to Kojima and he decides to finally make a last MGS and finish the whole storyline the way he wanted it.
Played all of them, it's hard to choose between MGS3 and TPP
Venom and Raiden equally my favorite. They're the ones who had to deal with the most shit.
He's god-tier. Ignore the Cucknami shills.

He already did that. He's a hack writer who throws in complete bullshit that doesn't make any sense whatsoever and detracts from any characterization or coherent plot. Stop sucking his cock.

Hopefully it's dead
Metal Gear Rising the only good one.
Senator Armstrong
Overrated retard that should stop making games and just stick to movies.

Righties are warmongers, Trump is going to cause WWIII at the rate everything is going.

That's when you live, Snake.
Live.

Pachinko, shitty multiplayer games, or death.
Mgs2
I love plenty of the "villains"
When will he just go and actually direct a movie, instead of game movies?

More likely american civil war due to impeachment and then that event cascading into world war 3.

Agreed fellow cuck, we need more non intervention, non warmongering presidents like Wilson, FDR, LBJ, and Clinton.

>>>Holla Forums is that way, faggot

No future
MGS1/3
Solid
Ideas guy who was good at getting others to put forth effort, but needs people to tell him no.

Should I bother playing these games and if so should I play them in order and approximately how long will it take to get through all of them?

Nothing. It should have been that way since MGS2/3, but Revengeance was nice.
MGS1
The Boss or Liquid Snake.
Someone who needs writing and ego restraints.

Listed first to last: Metal Gear 2 (optional), MGS1, MGS2, MGS3. I warn you not to continue afterwards. It should take around forty hours for these games.

Konami milking money from its corpse until there's nothing left

Play Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS1, optionally MGS VR Missions, MGS3, and Ghost Babel. Skip MGS2 because it's unnecessary cancer. Leave it at that.

Just play MGS 1 - 3 in order. Consider anything else optional. 1 is 10 hours, 2 is 15 hours, 3 is 20 hours. You can rush through and skip cutscenes and codec calls, but you shouldn't; they make up a significant part of the experience. They all have loads of hidden content or various playstyles, so I suggest multiple playthroughs. Gameplay improves significantly across the series, so going backwards makes the older games feel unplayable. Hence, it's mandatory to play in release order.
As for versions:
They can all be emulated, but 2 and 3 make use of the PS2's analog face buttons, so make sure you have a capable controller.
MGS 4 needlessly concludes every plotline with fanfic-tier writing. Peace Walker is mediocre at best, and MGS 5 is an incomplete Peace Walker 2. Metal Gear 2 (MSX) is a more palpable MG 1. Ghost Babel is similar to MG 2. VR Missions is just a bunch of side challenges for MGS 1, no bosses or story. The Twin Snakes is a remake of 1 with over-the-top cutscenes that butcher the tone, and gameplay which makes the entire game trivial. Only play after having played the original. Revengeance is a good game but plays completely different, as it's made by a different developer (Platinum). Takes place after 4, but mostly self-contained as far as plot goes.

Fucking why? The story is a complete debacle that doesn't have its main plot points resolved until MGS4, which is an even bigger debacle that retroactively destroys the story in MGS1. All the shit it did right gameplay-wise is done better in MGS3. If MGS2 is played at all it should be for the extra missions in Subsistence only and the rest of the game should just be ignored.

most likely money grabs or rehashes
either metal gear 2 or metal gear solid
thats a hard one. probably grey fox or kaz
spent way too much money on shit like zone of the enders and MGS4 after MGS3 bombed which pissed off konami. now he wants to be david lynch. i don't have much respect for him these days.

t. someone who's never been there

The story is well made, not to tell a story, but to fuck with the player's expectations. The game starts as how a player would think a 2 would be (playing as Snake, picking up where 1 left off), and then it jumps characters and forces the player to be constantly in the shadow of Snake. Dead Cell is introduced to be like Foxhound, except it turns out to make no sense, and has little to no bearing on the plot. Even Rose refuses to save at one point, defying the expectations of the save mechanic. Kojima didn't want to make more MGS games, so he made one which would tell players (and Konami) to not rely on existing creators and make their own stories. This is further addressed in the closing monologue and Solidus' speeches.
Gameplay-wise, MGS 3 is deeper and better, but the survival and stealth mechanics give the game focus on twiddling the third person camera about and micromanaging camo. The wide environments of 3 make it easy to pick off enemies from across the "room", and close encounters are usually reduced to going extremely slow. 3's gameplay is by no means a replacement to 2, despite being an improvement.

Everyone has different opinions on 2, so anyone should play it to at least pick a side. I think everyone agrees the writing in 2 isn't as bad as 4, which I'm not recommending.

4 would be more tolerable to me if the damn thing didn't have so many cutscenes.

The problem with 4 is that it assumes everything ACTUALLY HAPPENED and it refuses to leave any detail behind for the sake of symbolism or some sort of artistic statement. It considers every moment, including the fourth wall breaking - or batshit events as part of its lore and it writes a fanfiction tier story around it.

You're also right in that having to watch all of it instead of playing makes it even less bearable.

MGS2's great. It perfects the gameplay of the first game, and everything about the story is entertaining even when it's being utterly retarded.

hopefully nothing. theyve really been milking mgs for too long. unless they make a full remake of MG2 in a 3d engine, i hope they dont do anything at all. MGSV was kinda wack
tie between 2 and 3
mei ling
he seems to know a lot about crazy CIA conspiracy theories. it would be a lot of fun to smoke pot and talk about crazy shit, if we actually were able to communicate with each other (his engrish sucks and i dont speak moon)

personally i hope he moves on from MGS. zone of enders is awesome and i want more of that, but he seems against doing that. i wish they let him make the new silent hill. konami is full of faggots, and will make shitty mobile games until the end of their existence

lol no

KILL YOURSELF

I didn't mean to make it sound like that was my only gripe with 4. I can't even begin to wonder how to fix 4's story, it seems like something that would need a complete rewrite.

I'm actually looking forward to Metal Gear Survive. The series hasn't been worth it for the story for a long time, so I don't care that it's just some dumb action game. Looks to be more about wave based killing with MGS5's enjoyable controls and mechanics rather than the shitty, in vogue survival elements. The reward loop of MGS5 will work a lot better in a co-op context, provided there's adequate challenge. It's just too bad Konami are probably going to jew the game so bad.