Nintendo to cease production on the New 3DS

Nintendo to cease production on the New 3DS

Hope you can find a Switch goyim.

Other urls found in this thread:

n4g.com/news/1900941/vgchartz-bayonetta-2-sells-one-million-units
archive.is/jmllE
ssbwiki.com/Advanced_technique
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who the fuck would want that failure known as the "Switch", anyway?

If you keep repeating it then it might come true someday user.

Cody/ROB please go. Yes it sold well, not it isn't a good console.

I see the SIDF has arrived.

sonyniggers need to step up their shitposting

That was pretty fast, they produced the NES up to like 1995 but they kill a console that is at it's peak right now? Makes no sense

I thought she was holding the poop emoji at first

nice source, faggot

Fuck off shill. There's no reason to get a Switch at all yet.

I TOLD YOU

With the Switch they're merging their console and handheld branches. What remains to be seen is if they use the new resources to make new IPs, revivals to franchises like F-Zero and Custom Robo and 3rd party exclusives that would normally not be funded " Megaman X9, God Hand 2".

This is not how meme magic works you godless faggot.

Not yet, but in the near future there will be. I personally suggest waiting till Holiday season 2018.

Or keep your money in your pockets and wait for an inevitable emulator to play the 3 or 4 worthwhile exclusiives

OP is a fag. Check em.

Because Bayonetta 2 did SOOOO well, right?

I don't like Nintendo's recent moves as much as the next guy, but you're delusional if you think they're not gonna put their 110% into the system after the WiiU shit.

More like the b8 and switch.

yeah, it did.

Near future maybe. But definitely not this year. Right now it's just a meme console for normalfags. We'll see if there's anything worthwhile next year to justify it.

Ex-Nintendork here, 3DS original was the last Nintendo hardware I bought.

A new Kirby or Yoshi do not count as worthwhile exclusives

I give money to nintedo just to spite Holla Forumsirgins.

Prove it

Same

Go ahead, it's your money. You have the right to waste it on shit.

I know this is kind of a retarded idea to have in my head.
But I really hope this means more switches can be made and sent out.

I only saw the first half of the title and thought they were stopping the SNES mini. Too bad I want to see suffering shit storm.

it's almost as if they didn't just announce 2ds or something.

source you nigger

about 750k globally, which is good for a system like the WiiU that sold like crap, where as the Switch is doing extremely well.

n4g.com/news/1900941/vgchartz-bayonetta-2-sells-one-million-units

That's fucking nothing compared to the first game.

it means Nintendo is gonna phase it out in favor on the Switch.

Switch is the hybrid console, so of course it replaces 3DS. I bet the Switch hardware revision is to make it smaller to fit pockets.

are they halting production of one version of the new3ds or every version going forward though?

They did the same thing with the original DS then DSlite 3ds/3dsxl

Just get one from overseas, if you really want one. They're pretty easy to get here and its not like they're region locked.

Stop making splatoonfags look so damn stupid, damn it!

I probably should have yes.

Nintendo is going to ruin their handheld audience with that piece of shit """portable""" tablet, and die a slow and painful death. Why are they axing the best version of the N3DS first though? The LL/XL are a bit too large, and now that's all that will be available once stock clears. Unless they're making way for the New Nintendo 3DS Micro, which is unfortunately rather improbable.

>>>Holla Forums

I miss those silly names you guys would give to each other like nintenyearold.

Which website would I use to get them from?

That explains why Japanese twitter was tweeting about it today.

Good thing I got the one with the Mario Maker faceplates (mere weeks before the announcement of the $100 black friday N3DSes, though those didn't have the pixel plates). Just wish the Boo glow-in-the-dark plates weren't hundreds of dollars.

dubs of truth

First game was multiplat, though

enjoy your god
archive.is/jmllE

Why stop selling it if it's new?

Post Switch Bitch

Another thing is that many 3rd party devs see the Switch as underpowered and not worth the effort. We may not see any major Square Enix games and other 3rd party titles.

Dragon Quest XI

I entirely skipped the 3DS, the first nintendo handheld I've done so.

How many games have I missed, I remember people saying Icarus was a great game when the 3DS launched

Nintendo's never had luck in this department, have they? I imagine if third-party developers really cared about which platform had the highest specs they'd just develop for PC but I guess not.

>>>/tumblr/

Nothing of value was lost.

The Switch shortage is due to lack of necessary components and AFAIK the 3DS and the Switch do not share any notable components.

3DS has a pretty good library. Not as good as the original DS, but still far better than any current system.

N64 was more powerful than Playstation 1.
GameCube was more powerful than Playstation 2.
I think the biggest problem is that people buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games. Third parties have to compete with the strongest first party line-up in the industry. Whereas Sony pretty much relies on third parties for their library because the number of decent first-party Sony games can be counted on one hand.

Because underpowered is just an excuse, they want sales which no Nintendo has ever provided since the SNES, the only console the underpowered argument is the N64 cause of the cartridge format, maybe the GC due to the discs.

Either way 3rd party rarely sells well on Nintendo consoles so no developer is going to give a shit about their shitty consoles, especially after the Wii U disaster.

On paper sure, but the cartridge format heavily limited what it could do.

If they cut production on the rest of the New 3DS, I must say that the New 3DS can rank pretty high for useless handhelds/consoles. Pretty much no games, didn't even get a chance, its lifespan suddenly gone.

So just a step above VITA?

Pretty sure I remember seeing something about the N3DSXL outselling the N3DS by a wide margin, and with the addition of the N2DSXL to boot I suppose they figured there's no need for the standard N3DS anymore. The original 2DS will be the next one to go without a doubt.

The Vita at least has some games. The New 3DS has only ports and is able to play 3ds games, nothing that makes you want to outright purchase this.

N3DS does everything the 3DS does but better, and there are a few reasons to consider one even if you have an O3DS (SNES injects, certain games run better, and with CFW you can extend that to most O3DS games). If you want to make an actual valid comparison, think how pointless it is to get a second-gen Vita if you have one of the first-gen ones.

>Only the Top 10 Anime Battles game XX.

The best reason to get a N3DS is that COVERED CART SLOT. The cart popping out on its own is such a fucking design flaw, one I never had with the DS Phat.

That new 2DS looks like it'd snap in two if you handed it to a child.
Goddamn, get it together you fucking snowflakes.

Rip out the nub and replace it with a Thinkpad nub or a PSP-1000 pad if you're that concerned about it, it's piss-easy and costs maybe 50 cents for the part.

These days it's more like nintwentyearold

i've never seen a normal sized n3ds here. i actually wanted one but they were sold out online (or $100 more than the n3dsxl) and never in stores.
the n3dsxl is just too big to fit in my coat which is a deal breaker.

How the hell would a Thinkpad nub fit? They're pretty big.

I bought an N3DS because the XLs are just too awkward and bulky even for my man-hands. Nintendo stuff has garbage ergonomics.

What? N3DS does no such thing. Vita does.

I want hacked Vita so I can play PSP + PS1 + Vita games on Vita.

Please make it happen oh crackers.

What games?

Gravity something something, Tokyo Xanadu, Ys, Legend of Heroes, SRW, Dungeon Traveler 2, Caligula…

is the n2ds kill?

Did you buy a new Vita or PSTV? Except for some Japanese models they're all at 3.60 or lower. If you have one above that, you're boned.

Delicious lewd weebshit.

Haven't bought one, but is the Vita actually hackable yet?

I just traded in my Switch. There's absolutely no reason to own one for the next 3 years.

Only at 3.60 and it is a lot more limited than for 3DS.

Why did you buy one in the first place?

Is it weird that I want to play 3DS games on the Vita?

As a PSPfag, I absolutely hate the way the DS/3DS is designed.

yeah i've been playing emulators and dumped vita games for like four months or more. there's always a vita thread around with details. for a vita that hasn't been updated past the exploit it's literally 'go to a website URL that installs the exploit'

Probably a little squishing involved but once it's in it works like a dream, apparently. I've got a PSP-1000 nub in my own and it handles a hell of a lot better than the default nub.

MUH 12 HOUR UPDATE
NO HD
I never even heard this and I own both. Melee was best Smash.

Seriously, you kids still play nintendo?

Factually incorrect, that'd be Sm4sh, granted I have my own grievances with Sm4sh and Melee still has the best ground-to-air momentum in the series. Very second you jump in Sm4sh it feels like floating in syrup.

Gamecube was more than powerful enough at the time to handle anything the PS2 or Xbox could going by the fucking massive amount of multiplats, but Nintendo stopped focusing on having a powerful console after the GC. They're still titanically rich so you be the judge of how that's working for them.

Oh sorry. I lost track of the hip names for things.
I stopped playing Sm4sh (and nintendo) after the wii. 7th gen in general just ruined gaming for me (though I still have my PS3 and maybe 15 of the best titles)

How do go from Melee (L-cancel, wavedash) to Brawl (you're moving too much WHOOPS U TRIPPED)
1% chance my ass

at this point even retard Xbox fanboys (RROD anyone???) are better than shitendo fans

Smash 4, dingus. Brawl in general was one massive "fuck off" to the wavedashing glitch/exploit meta that developed around Melee along with the constant squalling for Super Smash Bros. to essentially just be sequels to Melee from then on, as I understand. L-cancelling survives as a badge effect in Sm4sh, if I'm remembering right.
Goblins like you that try to start up console wars.

reddit

Fanboyism is cancer in itself. Judge by quality and enjoyment, not by the label on the package.

It wasn't just wavedashing. Tech in Melee was just plain more advanced.
Watching a tourney final in Melee vs Brawl is hilarious (the Brawl crowd starts cheering because one guy gets a kill with a lucky item drop lol)

Come on now

Define "tech", seeing as most documentation regarding Melee's techniques is primarily a shit-ton of physics glitches and exploits for mobility from what I've read on it. I remember a blurb about wavedashing being discovered and intentionally left in, but if you have to nearly smash your controller and be frame-perfect to play at a tourney level I think there's some fuckery going on that shouldn't be.
I would've thought items would be disallowed in a Brawl tourney, what's the match in question? Or are you making shit up

Makes sense. The Switch is the next handheld no matter what Nintendo says.

I never once believed that Nintendo was going to keep up 2 systems and let them cannibalize each other. That would be too insane even for them.

As opposed to non-existent tech in Brawl?
No nigger, but I don't have a link to a video I watched over 5 years ago.

Lots of Brawl's shit is stupid (tripping being the inglorious prime example) but beyond that it's got about as much tech as core Melee. Start getting into the physics glitches and that's where it gets hazy, both as to what's actually a technique and how much more complicated it is than Brawl at a face-value level.

here's a comparison, but you may not like it since you seem to have issue with glitches/exploits

ssbwiki.com/Advanced_technique

vita wins again nerds

Because in Nintendo they have their heads stuck up their asses

It has been said, and it bears repeating, but this is only about the non XL model. Otherwise known as shit nobody cares about.

Truth.

Haven't bought anything since the wii, since they already have free pc ports. Should have stopped at the gamecube.

The Wii U was supposed to be a wake up call. This is coming from someone who liked the original Wii quite a bit.

Every fucking time

Before that, you need a reason to find one.

We ever come to a general consensus on when a decent emulator would come around?

At this point, I dont see it coming too soon. Ask around this time next year, and maybe there will be a better answer.

what is the point of this system even existing.
also don't expect nintendo to jump to pc anytime soon unlike MS and Sony going like oh people buy games on pc.