Video Game Conspiracies / Urban Legends

What are some of the popular video game conspiracies aside from Polybius making people sick? Have any game devs/publishers been accused of shady occult stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5blHw6C4Ax4
youtube.com/watch?v=dZSi6FdBnlQ
archive.fo/L0oCj
archive.fo/cdTuz
archive.is/4qntI
my.mixtape.moe/iabppo.wav
mega.nz/#!LpokkTCa!0JxzYD90I1r6y98DECxYPtR44DYZ6rENkYE-JKPHBR4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_the_Farter
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYU14WI2gxa3KLgDtvK7MS0d4nBZ47eit
youtube.com/watch?v=cG8NhWXCcAg
mega.nz/#!z1oHRYQB!OyFaFfwePrpFrl3jjBPTGCb8VWqMJDT0XTFPZz6V7_o
youtube.com/watch?v=NirJzmPnaE
youtube.com/watch?v=effHQ_bFAdM
youtube.com/watch?v=EDMmm0cJ988
vimeo.com/67520537
youtube.com/watch?v=NirJzmPnaE8&t=11s
youtube.com/watch?v=7KHHK2XifWA
youtube.com/watch?v=o1_XUdQo2AU
youtube.com/watch?v=TftkRHZ_KWM
youtube.com/watch?v=yp8YaLlJfXk
youtube.com/watch?v=o1WJEOJ87H8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=-b9j6fJqD-g
abcnews.go.com/US/ugly-betty-actor-killed-mother-because-possessed/story?id=12251158
youtube.com/watch?v=7fKrFeX8dRY
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ11_blX2t8&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=hYjhozqFVlw
idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That reminds me, the CIA declassified 13 million documents recently. I wonder if any of them talk about this rumored arcade game experiment.

Does gaming falling apart around the same time as Sega being bought out count?

Skyrim

Bump for interest

SEGA failing to play 4D Chess like Nintendo is no conspiracy. Nintendo hired a guy who had some political experience

Read the last page user

Not much of a conspiracy, but something I can't figure out for 20 years now - how are nintendo games so popular and successful despite being iterative garbage without any good gameplay, visuals, music or style? Maybe that might do for children, but teenagers and even adult people unironically buying and playing them en masse for this long is the greatest mystery of the universe.

The same reason anything made after 1950 becomes popular, marketing.

>>>/tumblr/

How can people possible believe something they didn't experience themselves?

This is the reaction I get every time, but never a proper explanation.

Because it's made to appeal to children and people with the brains of children.

Extended childhood.

Because listening and believing is easier than experiencing something firsthand? People want to be told how they should feel.
Haha holy shit you expect a proper response to your teenage special-snowflake manifesto? Are you underage?

You mean retards? How come retards are even capable to buy themselves games and platforms to play said games? Is american welfare that good?

There are no men in the west anymore. Just boys of all ages.

dc1540 is trying to derail the thread, and I am afraid retards will let him

The moment normalfags jumped into the fray was the moment nintendo lost it's soul.

A lot of it has to do with a desire to own something. Even if A, B, and C are all shit, you won't settle for nothing.
Now look at the alternatives to Nintendo games.

People who grew up only playing Nintendo consoles and didn't really become proper adults tend to cling to the brand and anything similar to it, likely an attempt to hold on to their childhood forever.

Pic related.

fun things are fun. I haven't played a nintendo game in a long time, but I remember new smb for the DS being pretty good.

AAANNDDD people are letting him. Fucking summerfags

These anons know the score.

video related?

That's because men are not allowed to be men anymore.

Sonic, Spectrobes, Darksiders, Castlevania, Panzer Dragoon, Wipeout, I don't get the point.

I've played polybius, not at an arcade but on my computer, it didn't make me feel sick

Damn, forgot to take off the spoiler tag.

Then bring up something else to talk about.

You played one of the several games that were "inspired" by the urban legend. There's no proof of an actual original Polybius.

When I was in middle school, one of my friends told me about some game he found on the deep web where you cut a girl's stomach open, which tbh isn't really urban-legend worthy.

That was a remake based on the legend

Pretty sure the original used Vector graphics, which obviously would have had a different effect.

Just cherish the gems you find on this dirt road we call life.
I know microshit will try to make it win10 exclusive but considering they don't even know how to code Windows, I doubt they can stop autists that want to play this game.

So as I understand simplistic overly-colorful child games are super popular in america because of infatilization and corporate brawinwashing over past half century coupled with rising feminism led to manchildren being able to fully access products of a functioning society fueled by illegal immigrants.

What a horrible state of affairs.

Cup Head was confirmed for Windows 7 like three years ago minimum.

its coming out on steam

What year is this? Am I dead?

There's nothing wrong with enjoying colorful charming kids games. The problem is when you obsess over it so hard your entire life revolves around it, and you are a slave to purchasing all new products related to them no matter how shit they might actually be.

You've just been under a rock while it was being developed I guess.

There is. It's mentally unhealthy for anybody older than 11.

No, good games are always good, whether they are kid friendly or not. The ESRB rating has nothing to do with the quality of the product.

Truth hurts, doesn't it.

i belive gordon freeman die in the end of half life 2 and that is why half life 3 is not going to made.

Oh shit, is it time to drop some vintage memes?

*triggering peoples autism
God fuck, I need sleep. I'll type tomorrow. My typos piss me off

He'd be handsome if he got some braces and took better care of himself

To play devil's advocate, a game designed with children in mind will most likely be less mechanically complex and difficult than a game designed specifically for adults. The problem here is that certain genres and subgenres, namely platformers, are almost always designed as childrens' games, despite often having mechanics that adults can appreciate but not fully enjoy, since they are seldom used to their full potential in challenging scenarios.

They are even pretending that they never bought Mario Kart 8 and just stick to the Switch version.

And Shaq fu got confirmed to appear on Switch but the original trailer was launched during the Wii era.

True, but being mechanically simple doesn't automatically equate to being bad. Just limited.

re-typing, I'm too bothered by my inconsistency.

I want this meme to die, just because someone isn't being taxed on their earnings doesn't magically mean they're suddenly somehow avoiding sales tax, sin tax and property tax (which, even if you're in an apartment, you still end up paying by proxy to the landlord through rent).

Gee can I get this same deal applied to me? It sure would help me a lot. Faggot.

fixed

Income tax and medicare take about 24% of my gross pay. My rent is about 23% of my gross pay. If I didn't pay taxes, it would cost me less to live in a house than it would cost me to be homeless and pay taxes. Also illegals live like cockroaches, collecting welfare and getting discounted rent.

You have to go back, Tyrone.

Thanks for describing your post. Reported.

Not an argument. Kill yourself.

simply ebin. I should just buy mature games for mature gamers such as Fallout 4

Probally not, it seems liked it'd be too relevant to modern brainwashing techniques via entertainment products (like TV, though that might just be regular Judaism).

Anyways the only thing off the top of my head i OoT's subtle Islam stuff and the GTA:SA Bigfoot and Ghost car (which happens due to an game engine quirk spawning a car in the woods on a hill with no hand break applied).

As someone who sorely wants to play Forza Horizon 3 but refuses to get win 10, the real thing holding back being ported to older systems is DX12, not anything to do with windows versions aside from windows 10 supporting DX12, far as I know.

There, much better.

Fucking summerfags

My friend (who was THAT kid) said that in GTA SA if you see a guy walking his dog on a beach, it would brick your system

Not much of a conspiracy, but something I can't figure out for 20 years now - how are video games so popular and successful despite being absolute garbage without any maturity, mental enrichment, or purpose? Maybe that might do for children, but teenagers and even adult people unironically buying and playing them en masse for this long is the greatest mystery of the universe.

My mom was generally okay with me playing games (eg Diablo) because they enhanced my vocabulary a bunch.

I'd rather Zelda games use symbols unique to their own world, like the triforce as a symbol for the Hylian religion over the cross used in earlier games. I don't even really disagree with changing the chants from the Fire Temple theme because the altered one sounds more disjointed and mysterious, kind of like the laughing poe in the Forest Temple soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=5blHw6C4Ax4

youtube.com/watch?v=dZSi6FdBnlQ

You just have to kind of deal with the fact that video games exist I guess.

You are free to not watch it.

Among things I remember when I was young (not mentioned in that video) are Gunpei Yokoi's death being carried over by the yakuza by Nintendo's orders because he left the company after the VirtualBoy disaster AND his contribution to the creation of the WonderSwan.

Alternatively, he would make a decent femboy.

Brand loyalty and nostalgia. Nintendo was good before the N64 though.

This, and you can make complex levels for a game with simple mechanics.

The Triforce is a real life symbol though. It was used by the Hojo clan which was supposedly the inspiration to use it.

I know that the Triforce being a simple pattern is an already existing symbol, it's more that the cross is easily recognizable symbol just like the star and crescent whereas the Hojo symbol isn't as easily recognizeable, so the Triforce feels like it's own symbol in comparison, I just read that the symbol may have been incorporated because it was Gunpei Yokoi's family crest.

Actually now that sounds like some kind of branding thingy.

Only my WIP growing and reposted list of satanic/jewsh/freemasonic symbolism

Do you do this for fun or is this serious, just curious, not judging.

Most of those on the midleft are bullshit, and you know it

heheheheheh, gets me every time

Someone's been sucking back that fluoride water a little too hard

t. nobody ever

This kind of symbolism is in the entire world, media, medicine, politics. I think that maybe if i can show people maybe it will get people to be careful about it.

You kind of have to do this "for fun", seeing these symbols everyone will drive you insane if you don't approach it carefully.

I'm being serious because these sigils are done on purpose because there is power in them.

mfw i remember you. : )

It's regional symbolism, your bathroom isn't satanic if you redecorate it with black and white tiles, unless you do a pagan ritual on it.

These symbols come from the top so everything we see as wealthy, well deigned, aesthetically pleasing comes from occultic people.

Thanks for answering my question.

and that's why nintendo goes from sex hotels to card games

>jesus WAS KILLED by these (((people)))

Maybe you should have considered that you just have shit taste,it's more realistic in comparison to some conspiracy or that every game from them is shit because you don't like some of their games.

I can't even blame summer for this since it's past midnight.

I just wanted to hear some cool conspiracies man

No, I agree with him too.
Also, you fucking braindead retard.
tumblr LOVES Nintendo.
Fucking fanboys I swear.

Read my lower post, Nintendo doesn't suck, they're just out of their game. I do feel you about the thread getting fucked.

It's just fucktarded fanboyism, you can never reason with the lot.
Also, I'm tired as fuck, so let me "pump myself" so I can type up a storm, I’m going to continue typing after this. I think I might make a little 15-page book, who knows! I’m gonna look for sources as well, maybe bug the gamergate thread to share

People admire Nintendo and the way they showcase their games in such a pristine, perfect light, similar to a Disney Channel sitcom, because it helps them conceal the bitter taste of modern games not being up to par.
So, modern gaming is so irredeemably bad, that even Nintendo's mediocrity looks good by default, and people eat, and I mean eat. that. shit. up.
To add to it, their core audience has been hooked by the older, original, quality titles when they were all kids, so a lot of them can only consume and never critique, seeing nutendo just as great as when they were kids. Why? Easy, a huge drop in standards, with not enough time to analyze and think. As I said before, games have gotten so bad, that Nintendo stealthily played along with it, making games easy enough to attract the worst casuals, but still relatively good enough, that older fans remain unperturbed and change in quality, undetected for them. It's a smart business tactic, that way you save money!

This isn't to say that Nintendo hasn’t screwed up with the people who absolutely love them, they have a few games that are very controversial, and are commonly regarded as mediocre, or their least best.
They aren’t unforgivable, but are they amazing? Not really, considering the sales, but sales don’t dictate quality either, though, this is ‘’’Nintendo’’’ we are talking about. Are their newer games outright BAD? Of course not, it’s rare when a Nintendo game is BAD. The reason people say some of their games are /BAD/, is because they don’t have anything else that’s worse to compare it to. A mediocre Nintendo game is simply unheard of, so you’ll either get “Great”, “Good”, or “AWFUL.”.

Hype culture has changed this. Every mediocre game is now “Comfy”, “Unappreciated”, “Underrated”, or some other derivative, it’s what makes gamers today conformists, they’ll buy a game even if it disappoints.
They will actively look for the games that disappoint THE LEAST, then praise it like there is no tomorrow to feel part of something bigger, ‘’’this is why Nintendo is praised so often’’’, then after their post purchase validation, the people liking said product will become a mob, or a hive, and resort to attacking ANYONE who doesn’t think the likewise. Nintendo certainly doesn’t seem to mind it. It’s kind of toxic actually, and prevents smaller people from giving criticism when it’s due, this spiral downward is also thanks to most reviewers not actually caring about doing their fucking job, and instead giving ambiguous, confusing, unconstructive, useless advice.
(1/?)

(2/?)
These are some of the following games that caused controversy:
-Metroid: Other M
-Paper Mario: Color Splash
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
-Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
-Starfox Zero
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions

What do these games share? Well, I’ll tell you.
They strayed too far.
Nintendo REALLY pushed buttons with these titles, making them as different as possible, to cater to the biggest market, without realizing they already had it, and alienated people, Including myself.
Their past projects have been semi-safe, only being spin-offs like “Dance, Dance, Revolution: Mario Mix”, “Mario is Missing”, “Kirby’s Pinball”, and all of the Zelda CDi games for good measure.

While not the best, these games were harmless, because they were their own beasts, not touching, nor changing upon already existing sub-franchises. That’s where the issue is, this is why people aren’t rioting over “Mario X Rabbids: Kingdom Battle”, no matter how much you may hate it, because it is its own thing. I guarantee, if you had the newest remake of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and added the Rabbids/Minions/Whatever, people would have caused a fucking shitstorm. Take Metroid: Other M for example, it took place between games that had already set the bar, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, and slapped fans in the face, pissing them off with how much their lore and their game was being shat on, it wasn’t what they wanted, it was different but it just wasn’t good enough, people took that as an insult. For once, they felt that the big N didn’t have their best interests in mind, that they WEREN’T ACTUALLY TRYING ANYMORE. This was a time when their illusions were DANGEROUSLY close to being shattered, where a great DEMAND would have happened. Nintendo was looking like just another faceless another corporation amidst the hundreds for a brief moment, it was a wake up call, the fans didn’t want this, NOBODY wanted something like this, they wanted a new prime, which is also something I have to touch on. Expectations.

When the game we now know as Metroid: Federation Force was teased, people expected something HUGE, something important, they were sort of tapped in the shoulder, with a “Pssst. I got something good for ya”. Attitude, Then they got, well, that. They got ‘’’that’’’. It’s a miscommunication between fans and company, which only made it worse during Nintendo’s Mid-Wii U era shitstreak. It was one of the worst periods Nintendo’s ever had, and while a lot of people did snap out of their fanboyism, some were ignorant, due to skipping the generation entirely. So if you go from Wii > Switch, the changes don’t seem as awful, because you’ve skipped a pretty crappy generation, along with seeing the good Wii U ports as brand new games, you don’t have as much shit to talk, unlike a diehard Nintendo fan.
Let’s move on. If you want a smidgen more info on the Wii U era, then look at video related, he’s a good guy, while he’s kind of a cocksucker, he isn’t knuckle deep like the average fanboy.

Fuck Arlo, fuck nintendo and fuck you.

He lost me when he decided to defend the Switch defective units showcase saying that those were way too rare and all.

yeah, same. i got a copy of final fantasy when i was really young and it basically taught me to read single-handedly, and from that point on videogames could do no wrong in my house

The game itself was an urban legend, not what it did to people.

The Nintendo of today is NOTHING compared to the ones of yesteryear, especially considering how many of their IP’s have fallen off, either due to inactivity, lack of interest or shark jumping.
I entered the Nintendo generation late, not by age, but by era.
I played Nintendo games since I was about 3 after the 90's console wars were over, I was poor and mainly played NES/SNES games as kid, and didn't get the “next gen” N64/GBA until mid-2004, and a GC in late 2005.

For now, I’m going to describe the New Super Mario Bros Series as an example, then later, I’m going to describe a few other games as well. I’ll tell you the ones I used to own and describe their own evolution at a later revision, I will focus the most on ones that are first party Nintendo IP’s, which are owned 100% by Nintendo, then prioritize on the other games.

So, let’s start with the Mario series. 2D Platformer first.
He started off a basic run and jump platformer, the controls felt precise for what they were, gameplay was pretty alright, and it become further honed in the third sequel. Super Mario Bros 2 was never meant to be a SM game, but It was fun nonetheless, but didn’t feel like an actual MARIO platformer, though, I would have liked to see them borrow elements from this game in future titles as throwback just for the sake of variety, and they did, one time, in the e-card levels of GBA SMB3. That’s it.

SMB3 is where I felt imagination pour onto me, and what changed my expectations for the rest of my life, the way Mario flew, flooped enemies with his cute tail, and went onto 8 DIFFERENT FUCKING WORLDs, wowed me, each so different than the last, I sincerely felt like I was being treated as a higher person with the content it gave me.
The way worlds and their levels were so intricately designed, where you were punished for being reckless, but also rewarded for being careful, struck a chord with me like nothing else did.
They didn’t hand me things as easily, and controlling Mario always felt like a breeze, when I screwed up, it was always my fault, it subconsciously taught me about level design.
I also played these on the GBA and later the SNES, further appreciating the way of flow, though GBA music quality was a bit ass, not the music, but the audio itself.

NSMB was okay, Mario felt STIFF, and that instantly grated me as a kid. I saw a 3D Mario in a 2D plane, and I expected a mixture between Sunshine and World, and got none of it. I got used to them eventually, but it wasn’t as “flowy” as I wanted him to be, I’m not going to critize the levels much, but I will say I was a bit underwhelmed by how small the areas felt, and how secrets were a little more “in your face” instead of giving you a sense of exploration like SM3/SMW did. It was fun using HUGE Mario to wreck shit. Level design took a step back for the small screen and controls as well, I can’t blame them TOO much.
Still, nonetheless, good game!

Here’s what I expected from NSMB Wii: FIXED CONTROLS, oh my god. When I made Mario Run, I let out an audible groan, he was stiff like a fucking rock, I would have wanted him to be at least a little more agile, but it’s as if he has a ball & chain attached to his god damn leg.
Completely new levels, I had my hopes that I would see shyguys, go into waterfalls, explore mystery swim up, see colorful mind bogging stages, new assets, variety, basically, I had the same expectations that I did when transferring from SMB3 to World. I wasn’t too hard on the last game, because it was the first game, and it was completely different, but fuck, it’s already overstaying its welcome.

Here is what I got: Levels were stylized extremely similar to the the DS version, just assigned differently. It felt almost like an “HD Remaster” with some randomized levels, with Yoshi slapped on it. Do NOT play it alone, this is made with Multiplayer in mind. It’s easily my least favorite game alone. Fuck.

I’m not even going to bother with the next two, one is a literal cashgrab, and the other is missed potential, even moreso than the Wii one. NSMBU is the one that mocks you most, since the Koopa kids come back, and you get some hints about this being vaguely like Super Mario World, It doesn’t have its own legs to stand on and NEEDS to hastily borrow elements from older games, instead of embracing them and really making them fit its own world, the squirrel was nice, but that was a bitch to control due to the floaty physics. At this point is where I’m beginning to wake from my Nintendo fanboyism. I start to see missed potential more often.

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze was absolute god tier though, here is a video on it. I loved it, and it told my inner rare fan not to worry anymore. I hated Returns. I’ll talk about this next time.

I started falling off the hype train when I was around 16 or so, roughly when the 3DS/Wii U came out. I'm skipping the DS/Wii line, since it was still good, but that's when "it" started to happen late in its life cycle, but didn't really set in until their next generation.
I noticed the games weren't pushed as hard as needed be, due to lack of hard competition, they were taking a more c a s u a l turn now, and their ideas really took a screeching halt to "sniff the flowers" so to speak, and they didn't really get as creative as they did with older consoles, nor as smart with their hardware, to the point where they had to make a revision, which is the new 3DS.
Though, they suffered due to their carelessness, Nintendo couldn’t get away with being complete scum, only partially scum, but at this point, the damage was already done for me. I knew they were just throwing darts at the wall now.

With the late Wii U and Switch, we got two new IPs; ARMS and Splatoon. Even something so minimal can make people SCREAM with GLEE, because we haven't had first BIG party games in FOREVER, let alone games that are made with multiplayer in mind, and people are starved for new IP, which gives not only fanboys, but newlywed people an opportunity to defend Nintendo to death. So you’re getting all these newfags whose first console was the Wii, and it’s emulating the experience I had with the SNES, but in a crappier fashion. I honestly feel like I would have been more hurt if I grew UP during the whole SEGA Vs. Nintendo war, for fucks sake, Rare was already sold before my fucking balls dropped, and I was too busy playing Banjo Tooie to care, I was seriously fucking stoked hearing grunty say “I’ll see you in Banjo threeie!”
The Yooka-Laylee disappointment is a whole ‘nother can of worm though
No matter how badly Nintendo fails me, they’ll never kick me in the balls harder than YL did
I can’t possibly image being a Mega Man fan

Nintendo has a monopoly, because they had a 10 year headstart compared to other companies, even against the SEGA Master System,. They keep bringing those sweet childhood memories back by being a sort of mascot that makes all the games look more palatable with your favorite characters, acting like a person comforting you, one that has done so since you were a child, like a guardian, making you love the games as much as possible, instead of like a cold heartless entity. It brings HUGE warmth and comfort to all sorts of people, kind of ‘’’Disney’’’ of Videogames.

That's some sort of good marketing, actually. It WOULD be effective to attract older people to try new Nintendo products the same way Pokémon Go users were introduced to sun and moon, breaking the all-time sale record. See the Famicom Skin, they’ll be using older Nintendo properties to advertise newer products, even when not very good, it's foolproof!

For past discussions.
1. archive.fo/L0oCj
2. archive.fo/cdTuz
I’ll include more sources in the future, take this post as a “rough draft”
I’m only so young, and so passionate about vidya, that it’s heartbreaking seeing games not try their best all the time. I watched some history videos, and read countless articles about the harsh competition, and it was inspiring. It does feel nice seeing the Switch generation sort of “Fight Back” with so many games released this early into its life, though, I’m still afraid for what the future holds, I’m already desensitized to what I saw throughout the 2008-2015 era, so it can’t get worse than the Wii U.
Also, there have been good Nontendo games released, like Persona 5, and Automata, so I gotta give those a shot when I get a PC. I’ll add a stupid amount of more detail in my next post! Ciao.

That's fair. Might as well see them burn.

There are always defective units when a console barely begins production, though, Nintendo saying these things are "normal" without any followup is absolutely bullshit.

archive.is/4qntI
Also, If you want to see what I thought of BOTW, I'm ID 77753b
It was a pretty ok game, it was my first world game, and didn't actually leave a lasting impression once I finished it. I hope not all open world games are like this.
7.8/10

Also
Always pirate

I'd type up another autistic paragraph, but the reason I said that, is that you can't really change the industry, whether you buy or not doesn't matter. Unless you're the type who likes to buy physical shit, then buy it used, or do wherever, either ways. Save your money or burn it, it's yours anyway.

The audience still has good tast sometimes, like GTA5 or Dark souls.

Generally buying more gives us more, it's just until they reach something and it becomes about the wider audience. Franchises will die and new ones arrive but good will become bad but we must enjoy and support the good, while it's still good..

The sjw often don't support games.

it sounds like you're saying that buying physical matters?

Naw, I'm just saying to do whatever the fuck you want and I don't have control over you. If you LIKE buying games, even though you know you aren't specifically the target audience and won't be for a while, then more power to you!

Gunpei left the company at Nintendo's request, not his own.

Jesus wept

Sega and Sony have their autists, too. There is no excuse for blind brand loyalty. Being loyal to a company is just asking for circumcised cocktail wieners up the ass.

Sonyggers are especially baffling given Sony's habit of making planned obsolescence hardware, that breaks down faster than banana peels in a compost heap.
All this happens seemingly just in time for "better" models to be released. Pretty sure Sony got sued over the DRE issue with the PS2.

Can we get some conspiracies now?

This medium's about 50 years old and there's no creepy money laundering schemes or arcade machines linked to predator drone shit going on? For shame.

I wish you fags would stop using this opportunity to shit on Nintendo. The real conspiracy is in anticompetitive practices they employed to gain an edge in the market, not that their games are colorful and easy.

For those of us whose lives don't revolve around video games, we see them as a toy to pass the time with. A colorful toy is more pleasing than a dark, gritty toy. Imagine if a Rubix cube had only shades of gray. An easy toy is more accessible than a difficult toy, so as a company they're going to target kids who find the difficulty level perfect for them. 30 years ago games were bullshit-hard so kids would keep spending quarters and the small game size wouldn't seem so apparent. Since that's no longer true the design has changed.

Adults want something they can relax and enjoy doing in their downtime and so do kids. Most people will buy the game that looks like it can offer that. It doesn't mean scary games aren't a thing, but they are less successful.

Except there's not hush hush secrets about that because they got sued over it and lost.

Have you been off the internet for the last three years…?

I've heard that there are so many diaperfags at bioware they actually have diaper changing facilities in the workplace.

Because empirical search of truth to verify wheter whatever you're presented with is correct is difficult and might bring results that are negative, so people accept ready-made truths.

No, that's not quite right. It was always meant to be "Mario 2 USA" after NoA rejected "Mario 2 Lost Levels". During development, Nintendo got a deal with Fuji TV to make a game with the mascots of their Yume Kojo 87 event. So they reworked it into the Yume Kojo game, then changed it back to the Mario game it was intended to be in the first place.

Hmmm, now what choice should i make…

don't forget value added tax and service tax!
And employment costs

Nigger the only thought that goes into the aesthetics is to make you buy their product, not morally bankrupt your children.

We never did find out if Point Defiance were the ones responsible for the bones.

Yes indeed, that's what I meant but had a brainfart, you big nerd. I wish more Mario games welcomed the SMB2 style. Seeing it in meelee made me so fucking happy. Jeez.

We need more people like you, there are people who just scream "sonyggers lol" without anything else to add to it and I swear to god it's begging for console wars tier derailment. I haaaaaaate fanboyism with a burning passion.

And
THIS
is how you derail a thread, you should all be taking notes.

Sure will! Thank you for teaching me how to derail threads kind stranger!

They're not, BOTW is the best one, it's just a bad genre.

The Virtual Boy was a mess because Nintendo rushed the production, refusing to wait for blue LEDs to hit the market, which would have made the VB an RGB 3D game system. Imagine the 3DS almost twenty years early. Anyway, the Wonderswan was fucking neato, and could easily have beaten the Game Boy, given the opportunity. I don't doubt that Nintendo had him eliminated to save face.

Most games, whether they look like Disney or Hellraiser are partly designed to appeal to retarded adults and children. This is why is still relevant.

I don't know about the rest, but the masonic temple floor and pillars are really eyebrow raising. It's way too much of a coincidence for Mario 64 have them feature that tile with the specific appearance of the sun, and to also have the similar heaven/earth/hell motif going through the castle.

How did you not know that that game was going to be shit? It looked terrible going all the way back to the original demo they showed off.

It's mechanically a horror game.

Well, congratulations! I fucking hate the genre now.

Oh user. If ONLY I'd have gotten the demo itself. The game is bland as fuck compared to the demo, the demo gave me HOPE. SEe the documentary here, it's an absolute fucking mess. I was too wrapped in nostalgia, and thought it was going to be banjo all over again, I was like "Hey, it might still be good" and kept stalling, deluding myself whenever I could.
Then the Microsoft era designs came out, it's as of they learned NOTHING from nuts and bolts. A lot of characters looked ugly as fuck and without any charm to go with it.
I should have known it was going to be dogshit when they announced unity.
Now I'm scribbling like a child trying to draw my own banjo-esque characters
Yooka would have been fixed by giving him a nerdy look, the game would have still been shit though.

That mansion in VTMB where MK ultra like experiments were performed had masonic temple floors.

Oops. Going off topic. Here.
D E E P E S T
L O R E

Don't scare me user, that is spooky to think.

LOL!!!

House exploration one is also spooky tbh

user, try to signalboost Anton & Coolpecker

So he was fired, which is something Japanese companies rarely do. Instead they force employees that fuck up to twiddle their thumbs on bullshit projects before they see themselves out. It's called a "window seat".

Gunpei was in this position when he left Nintendo because of the Virtual Boy.

How many trilbies do you own user?

it's hardly a game either
really don't get how this thing got a rabid fanbase and 47 sequels

Well there's not much point in debating on if it's a good game. But you should know why it's popular.

A triple whammy of jewtube e-celeb marketing, easily impressed 10 year olds, and being so simple a a nigger could figure it out. The rabid fanbase comes with anything popular these days, because autisim has become acceptable in today's libshit world.

You know, when people tend to resort to copycat retorts, like the five-year-olds they are, there is a distinct sound of shattered ass syndrome in the distance, which originates from the general direction of anons who post like this.

I know, it is so annoying, they are the same kind of people that buy extremely powerful computers and end up just playing oldshit from the 90's to circlejerk over.

Oh i'm laffin! The lack of self realization here is staggering.

There is an urban legends that deus ex was once good. But that is obviously a ridiculous story spread by obese 40 year old liberals.

What about the Gizmondo and Aliens: Colonial Marines? The only issue is that they aren't just conspiracy theories, they are confirmed fact.

This world has no justice.

Got somthin' fo' ya Jesus.

Now who needs an imaginary friend in their lives.

So… smoking is imaginary friend?

my.mixtape.moe/iabppo.wav
*tips plant*

Smoking weed is about as bad of a crutch as imaginary friends.
Neptuina will never be your imaginary friend.

I'm thinking you mean outside this thread, and yes. I will do that when I get the opportunity.

I want booklets to leave

wha?

No, he didn't get killed, he just totaled his Ferrari.

THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THIS CORRUPTED WORLD

If you're going to call him a faggot, just do it. What you're saying makes less and less sense.

I have a video that goes into really deep detail on the themes surrounding super mario 64, it's so much more than just that. Here is a link if the webm is too shit, i did my best to keep it under 12mb.

mega.nz/#!LpokkTCa!0JxzYD90I1r6y98DECxYPtR44DYZ6rENkYE-JKPHBR4

huh gee user i dont know, maybe opinions regarding those things are subjective you massive retard what a fucking stupid question to ask this has to be b8 or you have to be a spit bubbling retard to ask such a stupid ass question

Not much of a conspiracy, but something I can't figure out for 20 years now - how are Imageboards like Holla Forums, 4chan,2chan etc. so popular and successful despite being absolute garbage without any maturity, mental enrichment, or purpose? Maybe that might do for children, but teenagers and even adult people unironically using and posting on them en masse for this long is the greatest mystery of the universe.

Not much of a conspiracy, but something I can't figure out for 20 years now - how are posts like yours so popular and successful despite being iterative garbage without any good effort, creativity, usefulness, or style? Maybe that might do for children, but teenagers and even adult people unironically typing and posting them en masse for this long is the greatest mystery of the universe.

Do you have a place where you upload all of these?
I'm watching this one through and I'm interested in seeing more if you really have a series. If you don't have them all in one place, don't trouble yourself.

Not much of a conspiracy, but something I can't figure out for 20 years now - how are traps so popular and successful despite being iterative garbage without any good traits, usefulness, charm, passions or style? Maybe that might do for shitskin children, but teenagers and even adult people unironically fapping and fucking them en masse for this long is the greatest mystery of the universe.

This guy makes me wonder why Abrahamist religions aren't yet classified as mental illness on the same level as schizophrenia (transgenderism and Social justice fit the criteria too)

fedora, don't derail the thread.

Nintendo has a formula. Simple and timeless gameplay + Generation Marketing.
They create games for kids and family normalfags. And if a game has certain success, several years later they re-release it with updated graphics, and teenagers remember it as fun and replay for kid nostalgia, while new gen of kids play it for the first time, who will also become nostalgia fags for the next generation. Now this repeats endlessly with a steady flow of new kids and nostalgia guys, which at this point has now extended to like 4 generations. Nintendo is genius when it comes to marketing.

Boku no Pico, and generations upon generation of long term boylove in ancient reverred cultures. I'm not even joking, everything went downhill from there.

Got more videos like this? I always found this occultist stuff very interesting

in a vidya Conspiracies / Urban Legends

mate…

Wait. Chronos is not the greek version of Saturn.

Chronos/Jupiter is Zeus'/Saturn's father.

Also, why does the princess who represents the brides of Christ live in a castle that's laden with satanic/masonic symbolism?

And why are the games a metaphor for Jesus Christ saving believers from Satan? Up until that point: I was lead to believe that these games were trying to trick me into joining the Free Masons or keep me pacified while the illuminati take over the world. So… Huh?

Wait, he's right. It's Saturn/Chronos and Zeus/Jupiter.

I think you are trying to derail the thread. In fact I suspect you might be conspiring with dc1540 together to draw attantion away for the CakeJew who runs this video game board dedicated to sacrificing children to moloch.

Probably having Peach as some form of a succubus or something. Most Masonic symbolisms try to disrespect Christian symbols most of the time.

stay mad cucktween

I thought the first comparison in the first pic was about a connection between Sonic and Mario 64. I've always thought Mario 64 was inspired by Sonic in gaining speed without another button and how the player would react to the environment like steep inclines and ramps. Not to mention giving Mario an idle animation.

You can. Parents nowadays allow their kids to stay up as long as they fucking want.
I mean, I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, since it's summer and I think kids should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want during that time, but that gives the kids browsing this board more time to shit it up.
Anyways, I don't have anything really related to vidya conspiracies. The closest things I have are fan theories and plot synopses, so I'll just post those.

Very nice, I love shit like this.

What the fuck is this last webm. I haven't kept up on this shit since Numa.

The Binaural Beats myth is bunk. The only difference in the audio is simply a high pitched version of one of the instruments. Was probably removed due to complaints from players with sensitive hearing using headphones. It comes off as painful rather than creepy.

Idiots like safe familiarity, and there are ever more idiots latching on to the hobby and making it acceptable.

Huh, so the guy who made Tempest 2000 made a game called Polybius, and… jesus christ I kinda wanna see this running in a dark room on at high framerate.

Many popular things are like that and have been throughout history. Tell me how watching a live gladiator match would have enriched the average Roman. How did watching this guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_the_Farter
expand the mental horizons of King Henry II? Was bear-baiting a mentally stimulating pastime in 15th century Europe? Is literally every play that ever played in a playhouse good? Every book? Fuck, pic related was high fashion in Europe for hundreds of years. I could give you a hundred more examples of tasteless shit throughout history.
As of now, being mature is being a fence sitter, being "mentally enriched" is letting Jamal enrich your wife with his semen THINKING m00t's FETISH , and your purpose is to die for Israel. Most art is propaganda, and it's usually the highbrow shit that is the most propagandistic. Reminder that a lot of people consider Depression Quest and Gone Home to fill all three of those categories. Just accept the stupid fun of videogames over the frosty, sandy cunt of (((culture))) and (((sophistication)))

Fun fact, that game was used for a Nine Inch Nails music video that just came out.

nigger, we dont have that shit here
sales tax is usually 7%
food has no tax
"non-luxury" clothing has no tax
"bottled beverages" or soda have like a 0.5% to 1% tax most states
cigs, alcohol, etc have extra tax and vary state by state from 20% to 200%
filthy kike commie states tax clothing under $1000

original one is way better

They're saved from youtube with other politics or religious themes, very few are actually video related.

Here is most of list. although unfortunately a lot have been removed. but the pic i posted has all of them saved before it happened.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYU14WI2gxa3KLgDtvK7MS0d4nBZ47eit

The only other real interesting video regarding video games is this one about the frontal lobe. I haven't really looked into it, it kind of sounds like bullshit, but it's worth a look. It's kind of hard to find video game related stuff that isn't just symbolism.

youtube.com/watch?v=cG8NhWXCcAg

If you really like symbolism and want to watch someone go into various examples here is a 5 hour video on it, it covers a huge variety of satanic symbolism.

If you're interested in this here is an okay video on it, as well as the two related images on it. The video is more of a good intro to saturn worship.
youtube.com/watch?v=NirJzmPnaE

And here is an another video that was taken down talking about why YHWH isn't part of the saturn grouping, although the cross is.

Is there anything about SJW's or E-Sports being a Masonic psy-op? Forgot to add my reply.

Something similar happens with apple.
Also note all the nintendrones going on damage control.

I think it's a pen.

Man this thread is shit. And noone has even posted mozart yet.

I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit of a reach? Even if all this symbolism in here on purpose what possible impact could it have?

Maybe it'd be worth trying in a month or so

I hate how Holla Forums invited all these goddamn redditors here.

That video is the epitome of seeing things because you want to see things
I lost my sides when the guy invets an infinity symbol out of two sets of 4 windows and there are 8 windows to count because those that aren't interesting for his backwards theory don't count because fuck you, that's why.

Damn those Holla Forumsacks and their popular happenings!

the video is removed. But I am very familiar with esotericism. That third pic tying the star of david to a tesseract is actually kinda interesting tbh.

That's created by SEGA you dolt

Gonna have to call bullshit, I've done day work, nobody pays that well except for sex. Not that I particularly like Mexicans, but that's mostly bullshit and too easy to setup, pay 2 guys to drive by and offer x amount and pretend they don't know you. You can't just be skeptical on opinions that you disagree with.

The solution is to have properly document the existing workforce. You can't get benefits because you're a Mexican citizen, but your residence depends on you working and paying taxes. If you can't document these people, you can't get that sweet income tax. The catch (already in place) is that you commit a crime and you get a 10 year ban, and good luck trying to get a visa back after that. The trick is the fear, you make it less of like they're being hunted, which makes it easier to get cooperation and increases social pressure within their own circles to cooperate.

As it turns out their own Metroid 2 remake was already in the works, so the CnD was sort of justified

AM2R has been in development since 2006, there is no way that Samus Returns has been in development that long.

Yeah. It was so justified against a fangame almost a decade old. Fucking mental gymnastics, I swear. You're the reason we keep being lumped in with the fanboys and are called "Nintendyearolds"
The lot of you fuckers have this "Big Brother is Right" attitude and it's fucking pathetic.

these people are a blight

Flash and jaedong played starcraft in front of a checkerboard recently. But that's it.

I can't find the source but there was this asian hosting for starcraft 2 and got fired for interviewing a black guy and calling attention to his race, not even being racist.

It's really easy to dismiss this information as lunacy, and that's one reason why it's used, very few people can recognize their occultist code, the impact it has is that it's a form of magic.

You're mission the context. What gives this weight is the experience of seeing it in various media. It's taking every detail critically and finding patterns that repeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=effHQ_bFAdM

youtube.com/watch?v=EDMmm0cJ988

vimeo.com/67520537

The very idea of worshiping the devil or even worshiping God will get a laugh from today secular world. There are also people that don't want to see, they don't want to find out that our world of this ruined beyond repair.

That's not true, it's very specific to satanic symbolism, i've seen enough of this to know that it's not coincidences.

sorry i posted it wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=NirJzmPnaE8&t=11s

Also anyone who is an actual occultist will confirm these themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KHHK2XifWA

why is fuck would nintendo stick satanic symbolism in their games?
symbolism that comes from the most basic shapes and things?
if you have to look this closely and connect all these dots for it to have any meaning how could it have an impact on a normal person?

why would the person asking this question be notorious for pooh pooh in the shower?
IT WAS (YOU) ALL ALONG?!

Your subconscious reads what the conscious mind misses, what you don't understand will influence you. Normally a symbol won't effect you, but when you're entire environment is covered in that message it will dig deep into your subconscious and feed you thoughts. It's using psychology against you.

If you want to know more about how tv effects you here is a long but thorough explanation on how lights effect the chemistry of the body.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1_XUdQo2AU

Here is an example of advertisements using it youtube.com/watch?v=TftkRHZ_KWM
youtube.com/watch?v=yp8YaLlJfXk

This video answer the point of it youtube.com/watch?v=o1WJEOJ87H8&feature=youtu.be

And this one answer the how media plays it's part youtube.com/watch?v=-b9j6fJqD-g

for a more basic answer (but don't substitute this without watching the videos if you really want to understand) it's conditioning you with a magic element to it, to change your mind or program you in the altered state that you are in when you're watching television, listening to music or playing games.

To desensitize you or normalize specific themes, so you that don't question it, just like all the predictive programming leading up to 911, and the continued conditioning after it happened. to get you to accept the the jewish end game of a world government.

The last video is more about examples of the media using than how the media does it.

Sure

The technique you're referring to is only effective if the subject has a pre-conceived association with the stimuli they're being bombarded with. The majority of the examples investigated in the video attempt to associate extremely common patterns and occurences to a ridiculously specific set of ideologies, mythologies, and themes. Actually, the majority of these "specific themes" are not, in any way whatsoever, common knowledge; The common player has no understanding of the themes supposedly presented, so even if this "theory" were true, the thought implantation would be a failure, because there are no existing ideas to invoke.

In fact, attempting to associate the simple and unremarkable with the specific is a common tactic of conspiracy theorists, as simplicity presents little meaning with which to oppose purposed meaning, and an unremarkable status is an effective ground for appealing to the dangers of what people take for granted.

It is the exponentially more likely case that the creator of this video, as is also common among conspiracy theorists, is suffering from an external locus of control complex - a form of psychosis.There's a reason why occultist theories are so popular; they provide an attractive alternative to the lack of order and purpose that characterizes our world. It is an opiate no different than political extremism, or highly theistic forms of organized religion, which would explain, in part, why the creator of the video decided to relate, say, "triangles" to Baphomet (a villainous religious figure), rather than something equally as arbitrary, such as corn chips, the number three, or an electrical pylon. These kinds of videos never get old, though. Good fun.

Ah, so you don't believe in magic/occultism then.

abcnews.go.com/US/ugly-betty-actor-killed-mother-because-possessed/story?id=12251158

This video starts out rough because it shows easily proven examples, but the rest of it is much much better youtube.com/watch?v=7fKrFeX8dRY

This one goes into details on an occult mass ritual and it's real world examples youtube.com/watch?v=EQ11_blX2t8&t=1s

I can only show examples, many people are resistant to our spiritual world and only believe once something serious has happened to them,. When either the devil or God has manifested themselves to them.

I know that it's a bit of a reach but it's fun to theorize about this things

That is why these symbols are repeated through out all media since the black and white cartoons.

They may not be common knowledge, but everyone has been taught about them. Just like the 911 predictive programming before it happened, yet no one noticed it.

You can't disprove a spiritual force with psychology/logic. (even though there is a psychology aspect to occultism, there still an explainable supernatural effect to it) You can say they're sick, but the evidence speaks for itself, as you can see with each generation.

It's like how easily you recognize that a building is a church. Baphomet is villainous because of it's history.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYjhozqFVlw

I mean unexplainable.

You faggots are even worse than nintendrones because the plebbit-tier circlejerk is even worse when it comes to some of the shit games sega put out.
Ever heard of that one streets of rage fangame that sega shut down ?

And Libermann is a known sellout and cuck. Massively anti-Trump as well, one of the most corrupt Senators in existence alongside John McCain.

He was from Fuma clan?

ebin.

You're not fooling anyone.

its a stretch at "my symbolism is only symbolic when I say it is."

The TV they're using is triggering my autism, considering it has no way to connect to either a PC or a console that has a version of the game.

What was Polybius suppose to do again?

Entry level: Modern Military Shooters are recruitment tools
Initiate: MMOs are social programming tools designed to test human endurance.
Novice: Steam is designed to make contact with Mammon.
Apprentice: RPGs were made to turn human beings into alternate universe encyclopedias for dimension hoppers.
Regular: Duke Nukem Forever never came out, it is being developed by an underground terrorist organization and will be spread across the world via nuclear missiles signed by the Duke of Lennox.
Veteran: There are only seven people who program video games, and when one of them dies, the rest will die with them and they will all be replaced with random people standing outside of a Chic-Fil-A at 5:00 PM.
Elite: Video games are self-perpetuating, as copies of old computer games still manage to be sold brand new in Third World Countries, sealed in the box, and pristine in numbers greater than originally manufactured.
Grandmaster: It takes five whole years for a video game to be manufactured, all games in between are merely sections of the game cut off. The program sends mind waves from the machine into your head to make it seem like a new video game.
Purple Dragon Grandmaster: Video games have always existed. Stone age man discovered them in the stomachs of the smilodon he hunted. Renaissance man perfected them. Now, we are being destroyed by them.

Thanks for enforcing my point.

It's also supposed to be a VR game, but the lady isn't wearing any VR stuff. It's probably done for artistic purposes, to get like that like, old school arcade game meets hypnosis feel to it.

You can do it, it's fucking retarded, but it's possible
idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/

This may be the most batshit thing I've read since the anti-evolution fags started pushing their shit. Can't wait to see you dead by the side of a river user.

Stopped reading there.

I've actually been to a mason club since my father was actually in one, and so is my neighbor.

On the surface there's this idea that it's a man's club, but the parapenelia and arrangments of such, along with the club rituals are waaaaaay too close to religious practice to be anything innocent.

It has all of the hallmarks of a rich man's cult, it has a bunch of lower areas that cater as clubs for the middle class, but the higher up on the economic class you go the weirder it gets. Dad doesn't go to the freemasons club anymore. The scary part is that he avoided my questions (when I was little) about it when I noticed he never attended it. He's kind of fucked up mentally too, but I attribute that to his service in the Gulf War rather then anything related to the masonry thing.

Is this your father?

I always wonder if today is just a downgraded version of ancient times, I wonder if we all had fucking superpowers back then and somehow we lost them to time, to war, to genocide, to something.

Maybe it explains the human longing to fly, and the results being the creation of aircraft, of appliances, of technology, all to return us to what we once were.

Or maybe it's all bullshit.

The checkerboard backdrop is a very common thing in sports interviews. The advertisments in this one are arranged like a black and white checkerboard, on off on off black white black white etc.

Or maybe you're a faggot with a medieval understanding of the world being 2deep4us.

And I've seen people use that very argument to quash any sort of talk of conspiracies whatsoever, be it founded well or unfounded.

Where silence lies is where death rests. Things can only really be solved, outed, and reconstructed through talking, not silence.

I'd rather have a crazy, yet harmless uncle then an aunt who finds it fine and dandy to stick a blade in my back should I relax.

fuck you nigga I want superpowers

go back to Holla Forums

I wonder (((Who))) could be behind this post.

It's pretty common to fire people actually. The case that you hear about people getting stuck in a room with nothing to do all day usually happens to company vets who would cost a fortune for them to shell out all the benefits for the person as opposed to just having them quit on their own.

(heil'd)

Nah the real conspiracy is in the "select" and "reset" buttons.

You want some real mind blowing shit look up which console have pads with "select" button (which has no use since non-analogical version of the NES) and which don't.

Then realize that only console that do well are those with select buttons… and those that don't flop.

LttP had hexagrams censored in the international releases, nothing is created out of thin air, fiction draws inspiration from reality.

Well it happens to most Schizo's as well.